[FM20] 100 Youth Tournaments: Manage Your Youth Team! - V1.1 NEW Cups (Updated 2/11/20)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Division Elite

Here only the best clubs can compete in 6 B/II/U21 tournaments.
Travel the world like no other youth team can. Earn your name in places like USA, Japan, South Korea, China, or South Africa.

DOWNLOAD: 1 - Youth Tournaments - 1st Division Elite B,II,U21s,U23s.fmf

Edited by majesticeternity

IberCup

ibercup.thumb.png.e17a570a4cc1b1b1f4dd24b0c518defa.png

160 top teams from all over the world compete in 5 separate Qualifiers. 
Those who win one of the 5 finals earn a ticket to the World Final. 
5 Teams battle each other in a group to win the Final.

Can you beat them all?

iber2019_600.thumb.jpg.2e699f81a3a90ef1ebe27806754e8aff.jpg

DOWNLOAD: 1 - Youth Tournaments - IberCup.fmf

ICC 

The International Champions Cup needs no introduction. The top teams in the world arrive in the USA to compete against each other.
Loaded with prize money for every win and played in some of the world's biggest stadiums, this tournament is unrivaled. Unique in it's
style, 30 teams are divided into 5 groups, playing each other once, and ranked into a league table to find out who performed the best.

Those who win the ICC the previous year, Asian Champions League, North American Champions League, and those who do well in the 
Club World Cup, Champions League, Europa League, Copa Libertadores gain entry. Along with the best teams from Spain, England, Italy,
Germany, France, USA, and a handful of other nations.

***THIS ICC COMPETITION WAS MADE BY BARTEKR***

ICC Futures

ICC Futures Video

The ICC Futures is a youth version. Teams who have earned the right to play in the ICC also earn their youth sides participation
 in the ICC Futures. 

icc.thumb.png.9d75e431aefe6d0bf74f4ba09fb1bb47.png

DOWNLOAD:  

1 - Youth Tournaments - ICC + ICC Futures.fmf

MIC

The most prestigious youth tournament in the world! Here, only the greatest youth teams come to compete.

mic.thumb.png.a8ed90e3e33a2ec18e92b6c4c2c60f62.png

Admission to the MIC can only be earned by youth division results of the previous season.

Winners of the top youth divisions in Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Turkey, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Sweden,
Belgium, England, Italy, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Scotland, and Brazil all gather in Spain to determine who is the best of the
most outstanding teams in the world.

DOWNLOAD

How to Use These Files

The more playable leagues you load, the better these tournaments work. 
Of course you can use as many however you wish. But, if you are only going to load 1 or 2 nations' top divisions, 
these tournaments will be unbalanced and full of grey players.

Here is a guide, based on how many playable leagues you want to load:

Will you load ONLY 1st Divisions?:
<6 top nations   =    pick a few standalone tournaments, like the IberCup, MIC, ICC, etc.
6+ top nations   =    any or all of the 1st Division tournaments + any of the standalone

Will you load 1st Divisions and 2nd Divisions?:
6+ top nations' 1st  AND  <3 2nd   =   any or all of the 1st Division tournaments + any of the standalone
6+ top nations' 1st AND  6+ 2nd   =   any or all of the 1st and 2nd Division tournaments + any of the standalone

Will you load 1st, 2nd and 3rd Divisions?:
all 3 division levels of 6+ top nations    =    any or all tournaments

Using the File in FM: 
Place in C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data folder. Start a new save. When selecting the database (before Advanced Setup), be sure to select the checkbox to enable this file.

Customized Logo Packs

In FM, competitions are given IDs based on the order and combination they are loaded. So, every setup will have different IDs.
To combat this, each of the tournament files are named starting with a 1, so they will load FIRST. Then, whatever custom competitions you downloaded elsewhere will come after.

Pick based on your custom setup.

ALL TOURNAMENTS

Or Singles: 

1st Elite
1st U19
1st B,II,U21
2nd Div
3rd Div
Gothia Cup
IberCup
ICC + ICC Futures
MIC
Norway Cup

1. Open the folder of the competition you want to use.
2. Also open the Graphics folder: C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics
3. Drag and drop the logos and/or trophies folders into the graphics folder.
4. Open FM, go to Preferences, and Clear the Cache, then Reload the Skin.

They should be there!

To make your own combinations, download all the "Singles" competitions you want, combine the logos folders. Then use fmXML to create the config.xml for both the "normal" and "small" folders. In fmXMl, select "competition logos"  and "all filenames are IDs"

Highly Recommended Files

Alternative Youth Rating by Daveincid : to prevent the excessive number of wordclass newgens from running havoc, and keep development realistic
Wonderkids by kleed : or any other quality file that adds many wonderkids for your youth to compete against

Also, if your computer can handle it: Any high quality custom leagues that can be added as playable, for the smaller nations (IE: Japan, Senegal, Nigeria, South Africa)

Changelog - Current Version 1.1 (2/11/20)

1.1 Changes

1st Division Elite B,II,U21s,U23s:
Fixed incorrect age limit - thanks @endlessthunder!
Fixed Cup Type
Fixed wrong Brazilian 1st division selection
Removed duplicate Greece U19s selection
Added Croatian 2nd team selection
Added Polish 2nd team selection
Added Austrian 2nd team selection
Removed duplicate Irish U19s selection

1st Division B,II,U21s:
Fixed incorrect age limit
Fixed Cup Type
Removed duplicate Greece U19s selection
Added Croatian 2nd team selection
Added Polish 2nd team selection
Added Austrian 2nd team selection
Removed duplicate Irish U19s selection

U19s:
Added Austria
Added more Poland

2nd Division:
Added Norwegian 2nd Division to club selection for some

IberCup:
Fixed MLS Selection - Thanks @Dallan!

Other Continents:

4 new youth tournaments for other continents

1.0 Changes

ICC/ICC Futures: 
  Improved scheduling
 Optimized team selection

1st Division Elite B,II,U21s,U23s:
        Added USA youth team selection for 30+ tournaments
        Varied club selection based on reputatio
n
Improved scheduling
 Extended date ranges for some
Minor corrections to Color Schemes
Expanded club selection for all
Added youth team fall-backs for all

1st Division B,II,U21s:
Spread cups through Jan-Feb
 Improved scheduling
        Added clash days and priorities to all
Fixed duplicate selections for all
Fixed incorrect selection rules for all
Added youth team fall-backs for all
Added missing Spanish club selection for all

1st Division U19s All Clubs:
        Added overlooked Elite U19s
        Reworked and improved club selection for all tournaments
        Improved scheduling
        Extended date ranges for some
        Added USA youth team selection for some 
        Gave more balanced chances at tournaments for top vs lesser teams
        Fixed some duplicate date issues
        Removed some clubs with already packed schedules
        Minor corrections to Color Schemes
        Corrected USA hosted tournaments

2nd Division
        Improved scheduling
        Added date ranges across more months
        Optimized club selection
       Added USA youth team selection for a few 
        Added Sky Bet League Two for a few

3rd Division
     Improved scheduling
        Added date ranges across more months
        Fixed missing San Marino Cup
        Optimized club selectio
n
Added 2 new Unique Tournaments! 
        Danish Easter: 4th-6th division England vs 3rd Netherlands/Belgium/Germany
        Easter Open: 4th-6th division England vs 3rd Netherlands/Belgium/Germany   

IberCup
        Corrected duplicate Italian club selection
        Added clash days and priorities

Hope you guys enjoy!

Added your requests,  @Jorgen!

Thanks, @joe5p , @Mars_Blackmon, and @endlessthunder for your feedback!

Credits

Big thank you to Daveincid, for his support, kindness, and time spent testing these tournaments!

Much appreciation to creators before me, like claassen and zangelmi, who paved the way!

Thank you to those in the SI community helping to answer my questions!

Hi majesticeternity, once again, love your work, as it is in BETA I thought you might want some feedback. My setup lets me load lots of leagues, and I have done so with all youth competition files applied, but it seems to throw up an unsustainable fixture schedule. In the screenshot shown, Arsenal Under 23s are scheduled to play 16 games in September, with many on consecutive days and four different competitions in five days. Could they be entered in too many of the brilliant competitions you have created, or is it something I need to do at my end in terms of disabling some of the files?

I guess that if they progress from the group stages in various competitions, the potential fixture congestion would lead to more problems. 

Thanks again, and thanks also for the reply on the scottish dialect post on your other thread. Your work is amazing. 

EDIT - Had a quick scan of some of the other big clubs in same U23 division as Arsenal, and for Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City it seems a lot more balanced, could it just be an issue with how Arsenal are categorised? Just a thought. 

U23 Fixtures with Youth File.jpg

Edited by joe5p

7 hours ago, joe5p said:

Hi majesticeternity, once again, love your work, as it is in BETA I thought you might want some feedback. My setup lets me load lots of leagues, and I have done so with all youth competition files applied, but it seems to throw up an unsustainable fixture schedule. In the screenshot shown, Arsenal Under 23s are scheduled to play 16 games in September, with many on consecutive days and four different competitions in five days. Could they be entered in too many of the brilliant competitions you have created, or is it something I need to do at my end in terms of disabling some of the files?

Of course, you can disable some of the files for now.

Thank you for the feedback! That is what I want, so it can be made better.

That is strange, that it's only Arsenal. I will try to remove them from as participants from some, and schedule the competitions further apart.

3 hours ago, majesticeternity said:

Of course, you can disable some of the files for now.

Thank you for the feedback! That is what I want, so it can be made better.

That is strange, that it's only Arsenal. I will try to remove them from as participants from some, and schedule the competitions further apart.

Thanks majesticeternity, if it helps, Arsenal Under 23s played 77 games in season 1, and Chelsea's 44. I know some may be to do with progressing or not progressing. However, it looks like the tier they are in (whichever way teams are allocated) at the start of season 2 is more reflective of their real life status. In season one, they played in cups like the Dublin Cup and Galway Cup, in season 2, they aren't in either, and the level of team in those cups looks well below Arsenal. Could it be something that only impacts on Season 1 (depending on game start date), and then resolved itself based on your code season 2 onwards? 

When checking, I also found that for both the Dublin Cup, and Galway Cup, there are no previous winners when you look at season 2, even though teams won both in season 1. I understand that the winner progresses to another competition, but wasn't sure if not recording previous winners was deliberate or not. 

The update adds so much realism and meaning to the reserves and youth, thanks again. 

Edited by joe5p

22 hours ago, joe5p said:

Thanks majesticeternity, if it helps, Arsenal Under 23s played 77 games in season 1, and Chelsea's 44. I know some may be to do with progressing or not progressing. However, it looks like the tier they are in (whichever way teams are allocated) at the start of season 2 is more reflective of their real life status. In season one, they played in cups like the Dublin Cup and Galway Cup, in season 2, they aren't in either, and the level of team in those cups looks well below Arsenal. Could it be something that only impacts on Season 1 (depending on game start date), and then resolved itself based on your code season 2 onwards? 

When checking, I also found that for both the Dublin Cup, and Galway Cup, there are no previous winners when you look at season 2, even though teams won both in season 1. I understand that the winner progresses to another competition, but wasn't sure if not recording previous winners was deliberate or not. 

The update adds so much realism and meaning to the reserves and youth, thanks again. 

Thanks for the input! It is very difficult to figure out all FM's convoluted coding rules, but I will keep trying!

You're welcome! I really appreciate that, as adding meaning to youth was the goal!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

I am getting MLS teams invited some of these tournaments instead of their youth team

My team was just invited to play in the u19 Asturias International Cup

Yes, unfortunately the way the MLS is set up in the default DB, many don't have youth teams, so it has to pick their senior teams. But only U19 players are allowed still.

3 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yes, unfortunately the way the MLS is set up in the default DB, many don't have youth teams, so it has to pick their senior teams. But only U19 players are allowed still.

Is there a way for the tournament to pick it’s academy teams specifically?  I had to use all virtual players for the tournament so I ended up simming through it

5 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Is there a way for the tournament to pick it’s academy teams specifically?  I had to use all virtual players for the tournament so I ended up simming through it

You couldn't select your players from the Academy and move them over?

I tried many ways, and it never would. Possibly I could select by each specific club's Academy, for those that have one.

57 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

You couldn't select your players from the Academy and move them over?

I tried many ways, and it never would. Possibly I could select by each specific club's Academy, for those that have one.

No, MLS is weird. The academy team are an separate entity. I would have to purchase their contracts in order to have them on the senior team to play in those games.

37 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Yes. By the end of the week, I should have an update ready, to fix some of the issues presented, so it can be out of BETA.

You're welcome to help test! ;) 

Thanks. I made a donation btw under the name JamboGee92 for your great work!

15 hours ago, Welshace said:

This looks amazing.. i will keep an eye on how it goes.. can't wait to give it a go

It does indeed, although I'm slightly hesistant to use it as not many people have said they are using it.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

53 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

It does indeed, although I'm slightly hesistant to use it as not many people have said they are using it.

I’ll be posting an update this weekend , and then download what you wish and run a test save overnight, so a few seasons are run, check how it looks. Play a match or two if you like. If all’s well,  you should be good!

1 hour ago, majesticeternity said:

I’ll be posting an update this weekend , and then download what you wish and run a test save overnight, so a few seasons are run, check how it looks. Play a match or two if you like. If all’s well,  you should be good!

Nice! I'm looking forward to it.