FM20 Tactics by TFF

3 hours ago, calimero80 said:

TFF, we want 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-3-1 tactics and please do not change. Keep the line up. We want less successful though. Thank you. Happy new year. (from Türkiye)

Maybe You want lad but I sure as hell don't want a tactic that doesn't Work. I recommend speaking for yourself rather than on other's behalf.

TFF Already said in regards to those formations : theres NO WAY to do anything worthwhile with them.

I mean sure if you are like barcelona or something u can win a league but any kind of overachieving is virtually ruled out with them.

Edited by magicnut

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Maybe You want lad but I sure as hell don't want a tactic that doesn't Work. I recommend speaking for yourself rather than on other's behalf.

TFF Already said in regards to those formations : theres NO WAY to do anything worthwhile with them.

I mean sure if you are like barcelona or something u can win a league but any kind of overachieving is virtually ruled out with them.

Well I think you should also speak for yourself 😂 he’s from Turkey, clearly stated. I’m sure his point got lost in translation. 

but regarding those formations, I don’t know why TFF would say that and why you would believe it. Of course you can make a very good 4132 and 4231, with underdogs too. There’s a good 4123 floating about right now! Lol

On 31/12/2019 at 09:38, Ninodebest said:

So I guess it's the fault of the ME, not of the tactics itself. Also he wrote down that he will update Raptor soon, which hopefully meant it'll be even stronger.

Well no. Because then that would mean the tactic is only creating the same chances instead of scoring other different ways. Some people, including his Zeus, have ways of creating many different chances. 1v1 shouldn’t be the only chances created. 1v1 aren’t always the best/easiest chances either. 

4 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Well I think you should also speak for yourself 😂 he’s from Turkey, clearly stated. I’m sure his point got lost in translation. 

but regarding those formations, I don’t know why TFF would say that and why you would believe it. Of course you can make a very good 4132 and 4231, with underdogs too. There’s a good 4123 floating about right now! Lol

Theres a good 4-1-2-3 floating about right now?where is it? havent heard about it 👂🏿

13 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Theres a good 4-1-2-3 floating about right now?where is it? havent heard about it 👂🏿

Also that isn’t what TFF actually said lol he said HE couldn’t find something that worked regarding those formations. He didn’t say there’s no way lol

and I’m not sure I’m allowed to plug a tactic from a different site here? I know they’re a bit funny with that 

maybe @White Europe can help. He’s tweaked a decent 4123

18 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

Also that isn’t what TFF actually said lol he said HE couldn’t find something that worked regarding those formations. He didn’t say there’s no way lol

and I’m not sure I’m allowed to plug a tactic from a different site here? I know they’re a bit funny with that 

maybe @White Europe can help. He’s tweaked a decent 4123

just pm me the tactic lad 

Like all years...they say...4321// 433/ 41221       is always weak... only coz they are just lazy to fix something to work   , they only work the  meta of the year tactic just for the results.    if u search around if  someone find  a 1#  /2# tactic they start tweak it foir nothing.,...like it didnt work as original.     AAnd OF course is worth to fix those formations     and they are already work. Start search forums they are many that are unique and unique playstyle and high tactics also. Start doubt bro...there only way to be succesfull :)
happy new year to all!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb mcswifty:

@KUBI
I'm confused. What posts should be stopped?
Since you post about stopping them posts, a reply to what should be stopped is only fair.

Everything that is not related to the tactics and everything that is intended as a provocation.

Genueinly Wolverine v1-4's were a 4231. This is what tripoligate4 asked for. If providing evidence that TFF is still doing the same things is trolling. If you see it that way, I'm sorry.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Danwolf:

Genueinly Wolverine v1-4's were a 4231. This is what tripoligate4 asked for. If providing evidence that TFF is still doing the same things is trolling. If you see it that way, I'm sorry.

You know exactly why your post was removed. 

13 minutes ago, RichS24 said:

Hi TFF, 

have you found that Wolverine is less effective since the last patch?  It went from being mega to less than average after the patch, even though there was no ME changes listed?!?

just wondered what you had seen?

Hi mate,

According to the patch notes there weren't any ME changes in the last patch and I also hasn't been noticing any different.

If you are observing that your results with Wolverine tactic has become worse after the patch then there could be many factors for that… for example, after the match you might start to encounter stronger opponents or simple you might had a bad luck and so on…

Hi TFF

Just wanted to say that you made FM19 for me and I loved the Gladiator tactic as I had about a 70% win ratio with it with a variety of teams.

I haven't found any tactic for FM20 that is anywhere near effective but I'm gonna give Zeus a try and hope it makes this game a bit more playable for me.  

In relation to the 'controversy' I can only make my own personal comments which are that you made a mistake, you acknowledged it, hopefully have learnt from it and we all move on.  No-one died and this world should be about forgiveness and a measured response which from SI appears to have occurred so fair play to them.

Keep up the good work.

Why are the wingers in Raptor using inverted foot if they don't have cut inside and they do have cross from byline. Watching the game you see countless moments where having a strong right foot on the right would be more beneficial. This is not criticism by the way, just an observation that makes me wonder.

40 minutes ago, bentheposh said:

Why are the wingers in Raptor using inverted foot if they don't have cut inside and they do have cross from byline. Watching the game you see countless moments where having a strong right foot on the right would be more beneficial. This is not criticism by the way, just an observation that makes me wonder.

Hi mate,

When you give a player "Cross From Byline" PI then you just encourage him to do more "byline crosses" and less "deep crosses" and that's all… during matches even players at the flanks who prefer to cut inside from time to time have an opportunity to cross and "Cross From Byline" PI encourage them go for byline crosses than deep crosses but highly likely those crosses would have out-swing curve.

If flanking players don't have "Cuts Inside" PI then it doesn't mean that they won't produce any cut inside runs during matches… there are many different factors that affect players moment with the ball and "Cuts Inside" PI is just one of them. I find that in Raptor tactic it's more beneficial having inverted foot for ML/MR position but of course, feel free to experiment with that and if you see that something else more efficient then you should go for it.

1 hour ago, pw75 said:

I haven't found any tactic for FM20 that is anywhere near effective but I'm gonna give Zeus a try and hope it makes this game a bit more playable for me.  

Hi mate, 

I would suggest going for Raptor instead Zeus.

There are many obvious why Raptor can't be as efficient as Gladiator was in FM19 but for me Raptor shows the best efficiency that I've managed to get so far in FM20.

Btw, guys the more I test, the more confirmation I get that Raptor is more efficient than Zeus.

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate, 

I would suggest going for Raptor instead Zeus.

There are many obvious why Raptor can't be as efficient as Gladiator was in FM19 but for me Raptor shows the best efficiency that I've managed to get so far in FM20.

Btw, guys the more I test, the more confirmation I get that Raptor is more efficient than Zeus.

Cheers mate played Zeus for a few games with decent results but now switched to Raptor for last game of season as Derby and we beat Birmingham City 4-0 away. Gonna keep with Raptor and hope it gives me some enjoyment and some decent success or at least over achievement! 

14 minutes ago, pw75 said:

Cheers mate played Zeus for a few games with decent results but now switched to Raptor for last game of season as Derby and we beat Birmingham City 4-0 away. Gonna keep with Raptor and hope it gives me some enjoyment and some decent success or at least over achievement! 

I'd say both tactics offer a solid over achievement level but at moment Raptor looks more efficient than Zeus to me

But as said few posts above the over achievement level with them will significantly lower than it was with Gladiator in FM19 :)

5 minutes ago, tzahy said:

Hey tff mate, does the foot of the strikers matters ?

Hey mate,

I's suggest using this for the strikers:

-- STCL : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- STCR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

On 01.01.2020 at 12:32, magicnutt said:

OÇ.

Edited by calimero80

Raptor just got tested substantially higher on fm arena than zeus , and zeus 5 was retested and showed worse results than the original zeus.

I think raptor after a tweak or 2 or 49584985 would be the way to go so we are waiting for the 5349080653490th version dear TFF :)

Please don't dissapoint us!

Raptor 1.855 pts per game and high both favorite and underdog rated.

13 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Raptor just got tested substantially higher on fm arena than zeus , and zeus 5 was retested and showed worse results than the original zeus.

Yeahh… I like how some things work in Zeus tactic but obviously, it's weaker than Raptor, especially, V5 doesn't impress at all... so I'm going to do something with Zeus, probably, I'll remove it completely or make another update.  :)

vor 18 Minuten schrieb magicnutt:

I think raptor after a tweak or 2 or 49584985 would be the way to go so we are waiting for the 5349080653490th version dear TFF :)

Please don't dissapoint us!

Raptor 1.855 pts per game and high both favorite and underdog rated.

Raptor V1 is tested on FM Base, but is average@best.
His best is Zeus1.
TFF     (FM20) ZEUS V1 by TFF...     4-4-2     1.44     42%     18%     40%     1.64     1.73     16

But yeah, you`re right. On FM Arena, Raptor ist the best on the latest Patch if the test is correct.
Greetings. I will try a longer Raptor V1 Testsave now. :)

All of you, a nice weekend bros.  HF watching, playing Football and/or FM2020.

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Nebuuu

7 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Heh… I've got my own testing methods and they show that Raptor is more efficient than Zeus but of course I might be wrong :)

Btw I want to ask just to make sure : In raptor wide players with foot opposite of wing preffered ei: RM leftfooted and LM rightfooted?

4 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Btw I want to ask just to make sure : In raptor wide players with foot opposite of wing preffered ei: RM leftfooted and LM rightfooted?

Yup, I find that wide players with opposite foot work better that wingers...

These following rating should work fine:

-- ML : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- MR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong 

8 minutes ago, martinobremnato1 said:

@Totalfootballfan

Which midfielder do you put in the DLP role? Or does it matter compared to Zeus?

Im talking about Raptor as the filters are for Zeus and the roles are different for the righrt central midfielder.

Also is training the same foer the DLP, thanks in advance dude!

HI,

I'd say that you need very similar type players for MCL/MCR positions in Raptor tactic and the filters for Zeus will work Raptor tactic and the individual focus training for Zeus, should also work for Raptor, only there'll be difference for DL/DR positions, I suggest using Wing Back (Support) training focus for them in Raptor tactic.

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yup, I find that wide players with opposite foot work better that wingers...

These following rating should work fine:

-- ML : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- MR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong 

HI,

I'd say that you need very similar type players for MCL/MCR positions in Raptor tactic and the filters for Zeus will work Raptor tactic and the individual focus training for Zeus, should also work for Raptor, only there'll be difference for DL/DR positions, I suggest using Wing Back (Support) training focus for them in Raptor tactic.

Great , and are there new version of Raptor already in development?

6 minutes ago, bentheposh said:

How can zeus v5 go from top to nowhere near top with no match engine changes?

Surely all tactics need far more test iterations to have any clue which is best if there is such high standard deviation.

It was never near the top on any testing site except fm-arena which is being corrupt with their saves, last year swell

14 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Great , and are there new version of Raptor already in development?

Heh... :)   honestly, I've almost out of ideas what else to try… It looks like everything have been tired already, especially, when it comes to 4-4-2 formation, of course, I don't say it can't be improved but I very doubt that there can be something "revolutionary"… I think at the best it's possible to improve about 10% and not more.

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Heh... :)   honestly, I've almost out of ideas what else to try… It looks like everything have been tired already, especially, when it comes to 4-4-2 formation, of course, I don't say it can't be improved but I very doubt that there can be something "revolutionary"… I think at the best it's possible to improve about 10% and not more.

even 10 percent on this patch would be a long way..

We have to squeeze water from rock to get something worthwhile tff , keep up the work and lets make it happen!

24 minutes ago, maxmaster5000 said:

It was never near the top on any testing site except fm-arena which is being corrupt with their saves, last year swell

Yes I was thinking that but the problem is.... TFFs tactics always work and every year I use them and get promoted successively from VNL to Premier League and then win Prem in 2 or 3 years. There's no way that the other tactic testing leagues ranking TFFs tactics so low are correct. I have been using Raptor and have been promoted as champions every year.....

At the same time, the integrity of fmarena tactic testing has to be questioned because of the strange things you see over there.

I don't understand why he would corrupt the results. All it does is make me wonder what the hell is going on??

Edited by bentheposh

9 minutes ago, bentheposh said:

Yes I was thinking that but the problem is.... TFFs tactics always work and every year I use them and get promoted successively from VNL to Premier League and then win Prem in 2 or 3 years. There's no way that the other tactic testing leagues ranking TFFs tactics so low are correct. I have been using Raptor and have been promoted as champions every year.....

At the same time, the integrity of fmarena tactic testing has to be questioned because of the strange things you see over there.

I don't understand why he would corrupt the results. All it does is make me wonder what the hell is going on??

Hey mate, 

As far as I'm aware it's due to the nature and how we test results. On FM Base for example, we stress the tactics by using weaker teams vs stronger teams and then use our own formula to add up the results. 

I believe FM-Arena use a reputation based system. 

Which system is more accurate, who really knows, people have had success with our top 5 and also with the top 5 on FM-Arena. Perhaps they're all right in their own way. 

Also worth noting that 12 isn't a particularly bad score on FM Base, for example we tested some presets that scored under 10 and a lot of people have success with those. 

Pls, can we go back to the Topic, pls?
I know you don`t want to create drama, but maybe someone get triggered and also we have to talk only about the tactic only pls. ♥

@Totalfootballfan

Don`t feel under pressure to create 24/7, bro. :)
The ME is kinda broken atm and you tactics works alot above average. Still Top5 tactic with Raptor, Zeus.
So...take your time, enjoy life and the coming weekend. If there is time and/or the ME get patched, it is your chance to make us random internet-guys/girls (..)  happy with your tactics.

Cheers and pls, don`t take this as an personal attack.
Just let us talk about the tactic only, pls. :p

Greetings from Berlin/Germany.

46 minutes ago, FM Base said:

Which system is more accurate, who really knows, people have had success with our top 5 and also with the top 5 on FM-Arena. Perhaps they're all right in their own way. 

I agree about that... I respect any tactic testing system because I know that people put a lot of efforts into them and their works should be respected, the only thing I don't like and I will never accept that when people say about their tactical testing system that it's only "truth".

48 minutes ago, FM Base said:

Hey mate, 

As far as I'm aware it's due to the nature and how we test results. On FM Base for example, we stress the tactics by using weaker teams vs stronger teams and then use our own formula to add up the results. 

I believe FM-Arena use a reputation based system. 

Also worth noting that 12 isn't a particularly bad score on FM Base, for example we tested some presets that scored under 10 and a lot of people have success with those. 

Could you please give me some example of such "success" namely throphees won by the people and details as to which team and what season they have succeeded?

Guys,

I've removed Zeus and Wolverine tactics from the OP, I put them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP in case someone still want to download it. I removed them because I find that they significantly less effective than Raptor V1 so I don't see any point in having them.

I'm going to look at Zeus and Wolverine tactics in the near future and if I manage to improve them then I re-add them to the OP.

Also, I've added a video to the OP that shows Raptor tactic, it's for those people who can't download it.