FM20 Tactics by TFF

38 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Chicos

Quité las tácticas de Zeus y Wolverine del OP, las puse debajo de un spoiler en la parte inferior del OP en caso de que alguien todavía quiera descargarlo. Los eliminé porque encuentro que son significativamente menos efectivos que Raptor V1, así que no veo ningún punto en tenerlos.

Voy a ver las tácticas de Zeus y Wolverine en el futuro cercano y si logro mejorarlas, las vuelvo a agregar al OP.

Además, agregué un video al OP que muestra la táctica Raptor, es para aquellas personas que no pueden descargarlo.

hello tff can you tell us the attributes they have to have in each position?  and the foot?  please

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Could you please give me some example of such "success" namely throphees won by the people and details as to which team and what season they have succeeded?

I think the tactics tables can be very misleading, I used the FM Base table and the top two tactics on there and both were very disappointing whereas (so far) using Raptor (and Zeus v5 before it) I have had far better results.

19 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF,

Do you think raptor has the same win possiblility at home or away?

What is your thought about this?

I've heard some people saying that fm20 has differents aproach at home or away.

thanks

Mate, there's nothing complicated about "home" and "away" matches.

Everything is very simple… AI mangers tend to use more attacking approaches when they player "Home" and they tend to use more caution when they play "Away", also, it's obvious that players get some kind of "buff" when they play "Home" which means they play more efficient "Home" then "Away". For example, your striker should score 3 goals from 10 Clear Cut Chances when you play at "Home" and he only scores 1 goals from 10 Clear Cut Chances when you play away… the numbers just for example :)

I find that Raptor is very balanced tactic, I mean it works very good against defensive and attacking approaches so it can be used for Home and Away matches.

Also, I want to add that AI managers can changes their approaches during matches depends on the current score, I mean they can go for attacking approaches when they are losing even they play "Away" or they go for defensive approaches when they lead enven they play "Home".

10 minutes ago, rlemos said:

So you think there's no need to have different tactics? or different mentality?

In my test the current tactical setting of Raptor shows the best result for "Home" and "Away" matches... so I don't see there's a need to change anything.

Of course, "Home" results are better than "Away" results and it's due obvious reason and it always will be like that with any tactic.

Also, there's a time wasting tactic at the OP and if it's used wisely during matches no matter "Home" or "Away" it can further boost your result.

Btw, soon I'm going to revisit the time wasting tactic because it's a but outdated at the moment,

6 minutes ago, rlemos said:

normally, i use IR...

and that's difficult to control, even to set the best foot for the forwards its kind difficult....

Yeahh… I also like to use IR but you should understand that in this case you exchange "quality" for "speed", I mean you aren't able to use the time wasting tactic during matches, also, your assistant manager in control of subs and you aren't able to remove set "Easy Tackles" for booked players so there's higher risk of for a red card… anyway, you should still greatly overachieving with Raptor even then you are using IR but I suggest take control when play important matches.

8 minutes ago, rlemos said:

i also noticed when i rotate some players tactic lose some "quality", dont you think?

there's no identical players so all players have different quality and it's obvious that when you rotate your team it should have some impact on the result but if you mange a top team that participates in many competitions then you just have no choice and if you want to win all competitions then you need to have 22 players who are top quality :)

16 minutes ago, garotospfc said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

Could you upgrade Raptor to get the 10% more efficiency you mentioned? Please. One more question: for this increase in efficiency do you foresee a change in formation or would it continue as 4-4-2?

Thank you so much for your work, always!

Mate, I only assumed that it's possible in theory but at the moment I have no idea how to further improve it :)

About the formation... my tests show me that 4-4-2 formation is the most effective formation at the moment but of course I might be wrong...

18 minutes ago, rlemos said:

and about training schedules TFF, do u think that can also improve win possibilitY?

Training Schedules have impact on player Happiness(Morale), their Conditions and long term development.

Obviously, it would beneficent to have such Training Schedules that would keep all players "Happy" because the higher "Morale" of your players before matches, the better, also, it's important to have such Training Schedule that would keep optimal "Conditions" of your players, because the higher "Conditions" of your players before matches, the better and of course it would be beneficent to develop such attributes of your players that your tactic requires.

I think I've earned some respect in both SI Games and FM Base forums, not only for my constructive contribution, but mainly for my "seniority" :cool:... in SI Games since 2006, and in FM Base since 2011.
And I can't say I've been a big fan of your tactics along the years.  I admit, last year I had some fun with a tweaked TFF's Avenger...but being unable to make Gladiator work (at all) for me was my biggest FM19 frustration. So all this talk is only to value what I'm going to say next:
What you did back in FM Base was (very) shameful, I believe you are embarrassed for what you did, and I'm pretty sure you regret it very very much.
BUT I was having real trouble to find some consistency in FM20, and was testing everything in both foruns, and must say.... this RAPTOR is a masterpiece. It wins and plays like no other tactic I've tried (and I've tried them all!! Or almost). I always test and wait until I find a tactic that gives me confidence to start a proper save. And Raptor is the one. After 2 months I'm finally starting to actually play! Thank you mate.

Edited by dimartino

17 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@TotalfootballfanWould you expect to Rangers to win Scottish prem using raptor??

On fm 19 I won the scottish league with dundee united first season in it after i got promoted and then 5 leagues in a row.

But that was fm 19 ofc back in the days before the fm 2020 20.2 match engine catastrophe..

If the tactics really works as should I dont see any reason why not lad.

Edited by magicnut

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I don't need any tactic testing site... I test tactics myself :)

Be careful what you say in public domain, especially at official SI forum.

Back to the topic.

Finally, after many days, FM-ARENA has been tested RAPTOR V1 tactic. Interesting.

3 hours ago, earthomac1 said:

Mr.TFF what kind of shouting should I use for Raptor ?

Hey,

Here's a short guide that might be useful:

- use encourage right after conceding. Never use it when even or ahead.

- use praise right after scoring.

- use demand more whenever unless late in the game and you have a massive lead.

- use no pressure only if your pre match or half time talks were no pressure.

- push forward when you change your tactic to make them more attacking in any way.

- basically the shouts asking them to be more attacking shouldn’t be overused when already winning by a lot.

- be creative is a good one when you have a lead.

- praising works after a good period (not necessarily scoring a goal)

- If a player is disinterested, telling him to show some pasion works.

Please notice that the guide above might not be 100% correct and it might not be the most effective way of using Shouts but it gives a good hint how to use them.

@Totalfootballfan using your tactics since a couple of years. 

Buth the tactic from last year was insane won everything year after year with PSV. 
And they work always for me wonders. 

I think this year raptor is better than Zeus. 
Only downside I think there is sometimes you get so many clear cut changes but they struggle to score. 
it seems the strikers not always function at there best. 

keep up the good work

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey,

Here's a short guide that might be useful:

- use encourage right after conceding. Never use it when even or ahead.

- use praise right after scoring.

- use demand more whenever unless late in the game and you have a massive lead.

- use no pressure only if your pre match or half time talks were no pressure.

- push forward when you change your tactic to make them more attacking in any way.

- basically the shouts asking them to be more attacking shouldn’t be overused when already winning by a lot.

- be creative is a good one when you have a lead.

- praising works after a good period (not necessarily scoring a goal)

- If a player is disinterested, telling him to show some pasion works.

Please notice that the guide above might not be 100% correct and it might not be the most effective way of using Shouts but it gives a good hint how to use them.

Thx a lot for useful information Mr.TFF, I will try  XD

16 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I only assumed that it's possible in theory but at the moment I have no idea how to further improve it :)

About the formation... my tests show me that 4-4-2 formation is the most effective formation at the moment but of course I might be wrong...

442, 352, 4141, 41221 and 4132 seems to be the most effective

IMO, 442 is best effective for attacking results like goals scored and the 4132 is best effective for balanced results, a little more strong defensively but not as gung ho attacking 

38 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

442, 352, 4141, 41221 and 4132 seems to be the most effective

IMO, 442 is best effective for attacking results like goals scored and the 4132 is best effective for balanced results, a little more strong defensively but not as gung ho attacking 

If I rank formations then I would put them in this order:

1) 4-4-2

2) 4-1-3-2

3) 4-1-4-1 // 3-5-2

4) 4-1-2-2-1 (wide DM)

I find that 4-1-2-2-1 formation is the least efficient formation between the formations above and it offer a very low efficiency level.

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If I rank formations then I would put them in this order:

1) 4-4-2

2) 4-1-3-2

3) 4-1-4-1 // 3-5-2

4) 4-1-2-2-1 (wide DM)

I find that 4-1-2-2-1 formation is the least efficient formation between the formations above and it offer a very low efficiency level.

Given the nature of this patch we simply cannot afford to play anything else but the most efficient possible setup because EVERYTHING was nerfed to the point that if you try it there's not much point playing the game IMO.

Hi TFF,
I was the guy who ask about the PPM on players that affect the efficiency of the tactics at the other forum if you remember, wanted to reply but it was closed.
Just express to show appreciation. I was worry that the pressure has get on to you but i was wrong, and I'm glad of that.
Truly impress with your mentality and your passion to help the FM communities even after all that. We are all lucky to have you. 

Raptor 1 is amazing on my save now, watching the crossing connects, your wingers and strikers scoring is like back to old time.
The best i have tried compare to all the so-called high rating tactics.
Keep up the good work. 

40 minutes ago, HeavyPunch said:

Hi TFF,
I was the guy who ask about the PPM on players that affect the efficiency of the tactics at the other forum if you remember, wanted to reply but it was closed.
Just express to show appreciation. I was worry that the pressure has get on to you but i was wrong, and I'm glad of that.
Truly impress with your mentality and your passion to help the FM communities even after all that. We are all lucky to have you. 

Raptor 1 is amazing on my save now, watching the crossing connects, your wingers and strikers scoring is like back to old time.
The best i have tried compare to all the so-called high rating tactics.
Keep up the good work. 

Hey mate,

Thank you for your support and kind words, I'm glad to hear it works good for you.

Obviously, PPMs are able to increase the tactic efficiency and I'm going to add them in the near future and it isn't hard to do that but to say honestly, I'm not rushing with them because I don't see that there are any "critically" important PPMs which able to turn everything apart so speaking other words I wouldn't worry too much about PPMs most times they can be safely ignored.

30 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

Thank you for your support and kind words, I'm glad to hear it works good for you.

Obviously, PPMs are able to increase the tactic efficiency and I'm going to add them in the near future and it isn't hard to do that but to say honestly, I'm not rushing with them because I don't see that there are any "critically" important PPMs which able to turn everything apart so speaking other words I wouldn't worry too much about PPMs most times they can be safely ignored.

Yea, no rush. From seeing how the run and passes performing in the ME can see that you have been working on the core tactical aspect. 
I myself also looking for a way of making players passing more often in the final third instead of shooting, think that might enhance the tactic as the current ME nerf all the run half the pitch to do solo shooting goals.  

8 minutes ago, HeavyPunch said:

I myself also looking for a way of making players passing more often in the final third instead of shooting, think that might enhance the tactic as the current ME nerf all the run half the pitch to do solo shooting goals.  

Yeahh… but I would suggested to be careful with that because setting "Long Shots" at the minimal possible level for your attackers might have a negative impact, for example, with the minimal level they might start to ignore some very good scoring opportunities and instead going for unnecessary passes so this thing might be tricky.  

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yeahh… but I would suggested to be careful with that because setting "Long Shots" at the minimal possible level for your attackers might have negative impact, for example, with the minimal level they might start to ignore some very good scoring opportunities and instead going for unnecessary passes so this thing might be tricky.  

Noted on that. Not changing anything for now. Because Raptor is working Wonder. Just frustrated when seeing players running half pitch and fail to score one on one 5 times in a match lol. 

12 minutes ago, Casho said:

Hello,
I'd like to see who scores the goals and who gets the assists.

Would be nice if some of you could write something about it or have some screenshots.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

STCL/STCR positions score the most goals, about 70% of all goals comes from them, then follows ML/MR positions

ML/MR/MCR/MCL positions do the most assistances, about 60% assistances comes from them

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Totalfootballfan:

Hi,

STCL/STCR positions score the most goals, about 70% of all goals comes from them, then follows ML/MR positions

ML/MR/MCR/MCL positions do the most assistances, about 60% assistances comes from them

thanks

vor 1 Minute schrieb I.M.F.C:

I don't know if there is an army of fakes account praising the work of TFF on this tactic, but I'm real.
And this tactic is clearly the best at the moment for patch 20.2.
Great work TFF !

1551370348_Capturedecran2020-01-04a22_27_58.thumb.png.b4f580fe4034c61ef7311adbceac3371.png

lol and I don`t mind if there are such accounts or not.

The only thing I am interested in are the tactics and how they work.

First season at 1.Bundesliga with VfB Stuttgart and I will give it a try.

Hey TFF, 

I tried Raptor when you first put it out and didn't read too much about which foot the wingers should use. Mainly because I remember fm19 tactics like gladiator used Strong right foot on the right wing and Strong left foot on the left wing. So I was initially really dissapointed with the results and found it odd that one of your tactics was struggling. Only yesterday did I realise that you had made a change and I had the wrong type of players in those winged positions. Amazed at the difference in the results I have seen after starting a quick new save with West Ham since their players are pretty well suited straight off the bat. Having Anderson and Yarmolenko in the correct positions just seemed to turn this tactic into a beast. Really fun tactic to use! Will set up a new serious save using Raptor. 

Cheers mate.