Well, back to FMT I go

Tried a save in regular FM, managed 2 seasons before remembering why I enjoy FMT so much: Not having to press continue all the bloody time.

Seriously, the game stops like 3 times in 1 day at times in FM regular, takes ages to get to the next game. I will miss some things from FM, but I enjoy FMT too much.

11 hours ago, Lashley said:

Tried a save in regular FM, managed 2 seasons before remembering why I enjoy FMT so much: Not having to press continue all the bloody time.

I feel you, mate. With the release of the Switch version, I went back to FMT as well. I did enjoy my hours in the "full game", but for me, it has become a bit bloated throughout the years. It can literally take me months to get through a single season, so even though I do enjoy it, it is no longer for me. Add time restraints and the fact that I enjoy tactics/transfers/squad building way more than handling training or media-related stuff, it´s an easy choice for me.

Plus, with the excellent Switch version (that, from my playing experience, does not seem to have the issues others have with FMT for tablets) I get to squeeze in a bit more playing time.

I do however think they should go back to calling it "FM Classic", the way they used to until what, four or five years ago? Playing FMT does feel like the smooth, yet-even-better-now, experience of FM back in like 2008 or so :) .

Having had little time to continue my save on full FM, I used the time I had yesterday and installed FMT and booted up a save. I played about 2 hours and went all the way through pre-season and am ready to start the season now (this would take me about 3 or 4 sessions on full FM). There are things you think you will miss but you realize that you just set them up once and then don't use them anymore. In FMT it just takes minutes to set all up and off you go.

I could imagine actually getting through a season in a couple of sessions now.

Club Vision is there. Development Center is there. Tutoring Groups are there. Ok, the training is a bit simplified for the general training but you can do individual training. No Dynamics. No team-talks. No 500 staff. These last two is why setting everything up takes so long. Oh and scouting.

Always amazed by the quick flow. Definitely recommend to people with less time who still want 80% of the game details.

It's just incredibly hard to stick to full FM once you're hooked to FMT. Spent probably 2.5 hours on a Lazio save in the full game just to get to the first fixture of pre-season. Going through the squad, setting the proper statuses, hiring staff etc and the processing time to get through 2 months in the game!

Load up FMT, just hire a chief scout, adjust squad statuses, process 2 months and I'm ready to play my first friendly in 20 minutes.

On 12/12/2019 at 10:47, Jasonxx said:

I feel you, mate. With the release of the Switch version, I went back to FMT as well. I did enjoy my hours in the "full game", but for me, it has become a bit bloated throughout the years. It can literally take me months to get through a single season, so even though I do enjoy it, it is no longer for me. Add time restraints and the fact that I enjoy tactics/transfers/squad building way more than handling training or media-related stuff, it´s an easy choice for me.

Plus, with the excellent Switch version (that, from my playing experience, does not seem to have the issues others have with FMT for tablets) I get to squeeze in a bit more playing time.

I do however think they should go back to calling it "FM Classic", the way they used to until what, four or five years ago? Playing FMT does feel like the smooth, yet-even-better-now, experience of FM back in like 2008 or so :) .

what issues are you referring to?

4 hours ago, craiigman said:
On 12/12/2019 at 11:47, Jasonxx said:

what issues are you referring to?

In some of the posts here users seem to have issues with the 3D performance during matches, with players constantly moaning about training, and with PPM´s of players not at the club invisible, if I got that right, just off the back of my head. I at least did not encounter any of this in the Switch version.

Have not played full FM since...FM17 (didn’t get much playing time in). Skip 18 and got hooked again with FMT on iPad last year.

Focus on the squadbuilding, tactics, some scouting and games. No media, training etc. Work great!

Even with way less time to play (kids, work...) I got in 20+ seasons on my longest save.

The thing I miss this year is that the club culture is so slim versus the full version. 1 objective vs 3. But I just have to continue make them up in my head. ”Focus on youth”, ”In Italy, most players should be Italians” etc 😅

20 hours ago, tyro said:

No Dynamics. No team-talks. No 500 staff. These last two is why setting everything up takes so long. Oh and scouting.

Exactly that. I wouldn't mind player/squad interaction if it was done properly, but in my opinion it's horribly flawed, so limiting, so many times you don't have a logical response available, so many times players react like 12 year old girls, it's infuriatingly bad.

Media interaction is pointless busy work akin to collectibles you have in modern RPG games and such which only serve to pad out game time. 90% of people eventually delegate them to the assistant, at which point it's even more pointless.

I don't even want to comment on sorting out "500 staff" in pre-season, it's mind numbing beyond belief.

However, FMT is still considered a Farmville of football management, something super casual, not to be taken as seriously as full FM. That's why we see that a lot of people feel it's beneath them, even though FMT seems like a perfect fit for their preferred style of play. I've seen that SO MANY times it makes me sad.

3 hours ago, shirajzl said:

Exactly that. I wouldn't mind player/squad interaction if it was done properly, but in my opinion it's horribly flawed, so limiting, so many times you don't have a logical response available, so many times players react like 12 year old girls, it's infuriatingly bad.

Media interaction is pointless busy work akin to collectibles you have in modern RPG games and such which only serve to pad out game time. 90% of people eventually delegate them to the assistant, at which point it's even more pointless.

I don't even want to comment on sorting out "500 staff" in pre-season, it's mind numbing beyond belief.

However, FMT is still considered a Farmville of football management, something super casual, not to be taken as seriously as full FM. That's why we see that a lot of people feel it's beneath them, even though FMT seems like a perfect fit for their preferred style of play. I've seen that SO MANY times it makes me sad.

Add to that, clicking 3 times just to process an entire day. I get inundated with messages in the inbox. if there was a way to send my scouts on holiday and not bother me, would be perfect.

6 hours ago, _Trocadero_ said:

Have not played full FM since...FM17 (didn’t get much playing time in). Skip 18 and got hooked again with FMT on iPad last year.

Focus on the squadbuilding, tactics, some scouting and games. No media, training etc. Work great!

Even with way less time to play (kids, work...) I got in 20+ seasons on my longest save.

The thing I miss this year is that the club culture is so slim versus the full version. 1 objective vs 3. But I just have to continue make them up in my head. ”Focus on youth”, ”In Italy, most players should be Italians” etc 😅

Agree. Think this is something they can look to incorporate going forward as there's nothing that will go against the core purpose of FMT. In the full game, Fiorentina's club vision includes building a new stadium and signing Italian and high profile players. Unfortunately none of that makes it into FMT.

50 minutes ago, gazza8 said:

The idea of touch is good but the whole match engine just feels like a toss of a coin who wins, its really easy compared to full game and it cant be updated with latest transfers or moves etc

The match engine of FMT is exactly the same as the match engine of the "full game".

On 14/12/2019 at 12:05, shirajzl said:

That's why we see that a lot of people feel it's beneath them, even though FMT seems like a perfect fit for their preferred style of play. I've seen that SO MANY times it makes me sad.

True indeed. Maybe people are still confusing FMT with FMM, I don´t know (one of the reasons they should rename it "Classic", as I said before - as that is basically what it is). I honestly cannot see why anybody would feel like they´re playing an "inferior" game when switching from full FM to FMT. I made the transition myself over the past couple of iterations, and to me it feels as immersive as ever. I think most of the immersion is created in our minds anyway, as we spin the stories accompanying our saves.

I spent quite a couple of hours over the weekend playing the Switch version, and it felt so smooth, being able to do just the things that I deem important and fun (though of course, both is subjective). The time I spent playing out the first matches of the season, tweaking things here and there, making small adjustments to get the most out of my players felt so rewarding. In full FM, I would have spent that same amount of time just looking for and then hiring and firing various staff, handling coaching assignments, etc.

I have literally wasted 5 years wanting to play Full Fat FM and turning my nose up at FM Touch because people make out like its not a serious game etc...

I must have played one full season in that time, now I’m 3 seasons in already on FM20 Touch and happier than ever.

Rather than sitting with a calculator trying to find all the best rated staff and setting up ridiculous levels of training and scouting I can now just browse the game and narrate my own story, I keep a closer eye on the footballing world, on the other big European leagues and often attend cup finals I’m not even in!

Absolutely love it!

Match Engine is the same.

UI is different.

Some concepts are streamlined to make loading and playing more fluid: scouting, staff, club vision, training

Some concepts are taken out: dynamics, team talks (mostly), press conferences (mostly)

In a sense, FMT is more fluid but I would actually argue that FMT is more difficult than FM. There are less complicated concepts, however, because of that, you also have fewer tools to influence the game: no team talks to improve morale, no press conferences to unsettle people, streamlined training so you cannot get the last ounce of your players' potential, streamlined staff and scouting which does not let you maximize the potentials either, no during the match shouts.

If you look at all these tools that you don't have in FMT, it actually is more of a challenge.

32 minutes ago, tyro said:

In a sense, FMT is more fluid but I would actually argue that FMT is more difficult than FM. There are less complicated concepts, however, because of that, you also have fewer tools to influence the game: no team talks to improve morale, no press conferences to unsettle people, streamlined training so you cannot get the last ounce of your players' potential, streamlined staff and scouting which does not let you maximize the potentials either, no during the match shouts.

If you look at all these tools that you don't have in FMT, it actually is more of a challenge.

This is actually a very good point. Basically all you have to influence your match results is the way your tactics work, which makes it more "difficult" indeed. I have become used to not having pre-match or half time team talks to boost morale, or mid-match shouts to gain some influence over the outcome of the match (although I don´t really know how much of an influence they really are). These are probably two of the very few things I would like to see added to FMT, although I can see why people don´t care too much for them (team talks especially, as players´ reactions sometimes can be just ... well, let´s say weird :rolleyes: ).

1 minute ago, Jasonxx said:

This is actually a very good point. Basically all you have to influence your match results is the way your tactics work, which makes it more "difficult" indeed. I have become used to not having pre-match or half time team talks to boost morale, or mid-match shouts to gain some influence over the outcome of the match (although I don´t really know how much of an influence they really are). These are probably two of the very few things I would like to see added to FMT, although I can see why people don´t care too much for them (team talks especially, as players´ reactions sometimes can be just ... well, let´s say weird :rolleyes: ).

Team talks are the sort of thing that could be optional. 

Just now, henryzz said:

Old games (05, 06, 07 and 08), you could put team talks done by your Assistant Manager and it skipped that screen altogether (while today your force to see it). Something of the like could be done.

However, I think the classic (FMT) is fine the way it is.

17 minutes ago, henryzz said:

Doesn't FMT not have fluidity. This probably makes it easier assuming that fluidity is always full.

Do you perhaps mean tactical familiarity? That is not included in FMT indeed. However, in full FM that has never been an issue for me either, as usually a pre-season with a number of friendly matches should be enough to ensure tactical familiarity, and otherwise it´s being improved "in the background" via training. I´m not too sure about the concept anyway, as most formations and playing styles (perhaps apart from some very extreme styles of pressing, etc.) should be familiar to professional footballers.

12 minutes ago, henryzz said:

That would be fantastic :thup: .

Edited by Jasonxx

18 hours ago, Br3nB said:

I have literally wasted 5 years wanting to play Full Fat FM and turning my nose up at FM Touch because people make out like its not a serious game etc...

I must have played one full season in that time, now I’m 3 seasons in already on FM20 Touch and happier than ever.

Rather than sitting with a calculator trying to find all the best rated staff and setting up ridiculous levels of training and scouting I can now just browse the game and narrate my own story, I keep a closer eye on the footballing world, on the other big European leagues and often attend cup finals I’m not even in!

Absolutely love it!

I am just like you. I play fm touch in pc and switch. I love both and in pc it s the best. I am doing more seasons than never.

12 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This isn't true. It's the same AI and the same ME.

It is not even close to the AI used in the full version 🤣🤣  why is the speed of touch so fast in comparison then? Touch is a quick and easy (dumbed down) version and is alot easier.. The mobile version is even easier ( guys scoring 65 goals a season and winning everything in 2 seasons)

1 minute ago, gazza8 said:

It is not even close to the AI used in the full version 🤣🤣  why is the speed of touch so fast in comparison then? 

The speed of the matches is the same. The AI is the same. That is a fact. The rest of the game is faster because some modules are streamlined and (generally speaking) there are fewer leagues loaded.

5 hours ago, tyro said:

Match Engine is the same.

UI is different.

Some concepts are streamlined to make loading and playing more fluid: scouting, staff, club vision, training

Some concepts are taken out: dynamics, team talks (mostly), press conferences (mostly)

FMT is no where near as difficult, and is scripted that way....youtubers etc dont make videos of it because its so easy and they win leagues easily. 

Just now, HUNT3R said:

The speed of the matches is the same. The AI is the same. That is a fact. The rest of the game is faster because some modules are streamlined and (overall) there are fewer leagues loaded.

The AI isnt the same 🙈 im a fan of FMT but to say the difficulty is the same as fulk is way off the mark

1 minute ago, gazza8 said:

The AI isnt the same 🙈 im a fan of FMT but to say the difficulty is the same as fulk is way off the mark

This is a fact - it is the same. Disagree all you want, it doesn't change that. 

1 hour ago, gazza8 said:

It is not even close to the AI used in the full version 🤣🤣  why is the speed of touch so fast in comparison then? Touch is a quick and easy (dumbed down) version and is alot easier.. The mobile version is even easier ( guys scoring 65 goals a season and winning everything in 2 seasons)

This is the stigma which ruins the product which fits most peoples lifestyles, really sad.

2 hours ago, gazza8 said:

FMT is no where near as difficult, and is scripted that way....youtubers etc dont make videos of it because its so easy and they win leagues easily. 

This is simply untrue. There is no script. They didn't make it easier and scripted anything, they streamlined features to make it run faster than the full FM.

I have played FM classic since its first inception. I know what I'm talking about as I have played FM classic (later FMT) and full FM for years.

On 17/12/2019 at 19:11, HUNT3R said:

This is a fact - it is the same. Disagree all you want, it doesn't change that. 

Same. Show me like for like careers on both and look at the results...FMT is clearly easier and its supposed to be! 

I understand the fanboys making out lile the games are comparable but they are really not in a difficulty sense. 

FMT is a stremlined fun game rather than a simulation like the full version...thats just a fact and the way it is marketed and designed. Think about it...that make a game with less options and decisions and make it run faster but charge half the price? 🤣🤣 why would anyine buybthe full versiom if the ganes were idetical

36 minutes ago, gazza8 said:

Same. Show me like for like careers on both and look at the results...FMT is clearly easier and its supposed to be! 

I understand the fanboys making out lile the games are comparable but they are really not in a difficulty sense. 

FMT is a stremlined fun game rather than a simulation like the full version...thats just a fact and the way it is marketed and designed. Think about it...that make a game with less options and decisions and make it run faster but charge half the price? 🤣🤣 why would anyine buybthe full versiom if the ganes were idetical

FMT has the same ME and AI as full fat fm.  I think you are referring to FMM.

Please stop misleading people with your stupid comments!!

I second most opinions here. Got fed up with full FM2011 cos it took me ages to play three seasons then had a break until FM2015 when I went straight to Classic version and never looked back.

By the way, is FMT included in the full FM2020 (boxed version)? I just spotted it for a good price so might buy it and only play Touch. Cheaper than anywhere I've seen online for FMT download atm.

Edited by right_winger

1 hour ago, right_winger said:

By the way, is FMT included in the full FM2020 (boxed version)? I just spotted it for a good price so might buy it and only play Touch. Cheaper than anywhere I've seen online for FMT download atm.

FMT for PC is included in the full version, at least on Steam - should be the case for the boxed version as well, I guess. FMT for tablets or Switch will need to be bought separately, though.

5 hours ago, Samuel777 said:

FMT has the same ME and AI as full fat fm.  I think you are referring to FMM.

Please stop misleading people with your stupid comments!!

Please show your working? Or are you just another fanboy with your blinkered view? FMT is a simplified and streamlined version of the full game?? What part of that dont you understand

I play both and me and everyone else who does can tell you touch is an easier game..thats how it is marketed and designed? Not a critisism but a fact

Edited by gazza8

4 hours ago, gazza8 said:

Or are you just another fanboy with your blinkered view?

Stop calling people fanboys.

----------------------

As I've said - The AI is the same in both games. The ME is the same in both games. These aren't opinions, but facts.

That said, it's arguably 'easier' because tactical familiarity isn't in FMT. On the other hand it can be seen that you have less control over morale with team talks not being in FMT either.

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Stop calling people fanboys.

----------------------

As I've said - The AI is the same in both games. The ME is the same in both games. These aren't opinions, but facts.

That said, it's arguably 'easier' because tactical familiarity isn't in FMT. On the other hand it can be seen that you have less control over morale with team talks not being in FMT either.

So at the end of all this...you agree that fmt is considerably easier than the full version?

Glad we got there in the end 😁

Just now, gazza8 said:

So at the end of all this...you agree that fmt is considerably easier than the full version?

Glad we got there in the end 😁

I think you need to re-read my post. I didn't agree. I put views across from both sides of the equation.

As I see it, it’s an advantage for you that tactical familarity is not in FMTouch (But ofc the tactic still need to be good).

But at the same time, you can’t gain any advantage against the CPU with team talks, player interaction and press/media.

So I guess its even out. 

• 1 month later...