What's up with other teams lowballing transfer offers?

So I have a player who's value is $50mil.  I offer him to clubs and Everton comes back with an insulting $13.5mil offer and also forcing me to pay half his weekly wage?  But yet if they had this player and I wanted him (and his value was $50mil), they wouldn't accept anything less than $90mil I bet.  This is ridiculous.  Almost all teams are like this.  If we want to sell them a player, they lowball the hell out of us, but if roles were reversed, we get steamrolled with outrageous prices.

So I countered Everton's ridiculous offer with $30mil which is very reasonable and it's $20mil less than his value and it immediately gets rejected and no further talks/negotiations.   Are we serious right now?  Lol.

Is this intended in this game?

I guess they think you're wanting the player to leave if you're offering him out, so perhaps you'll accept a lowball offer. Depends on the player in question and the finances available to the buying club, but in my experience other clubs will come in with low bids if they feel you are actively trying to sell a player. 

Edited by superposh

They're obviously going to try and pay as little as possible for your player. Surely it's a solid negotiating strategy to go in as low as possible? It's then down to you to try and drive the price up without putting them off.

I often found in FM19 that a club would make a derisory offer, but you could get them pay something close to your asking price if you negotiated with them. It might be that you have to get them to pay some up front and some in instalments. It might not be what you want but you can then balance this off by buying a player with similar instalments.

It'd be a bit boring if all clubs simply offered you what you wanted for players up front.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

Let me just give this example:

If Real Madrid wanted Ronaldo to stay, and Ronaldo wanted to stay, there would be no way that Juventus (or any other team) could grab him for 112M, probably not even for double that. He wouldn't be avaliable for transfer. But since both parties wanted to split (the equivalent to transfer list and offer to clubs option), the transfer was possible.

If any team offers that for Messi, the transfer won't happen. Unless Barça and Messi have a falling out as well.

The most expensive players are the ones that their teams don't want to sell. Forcing teams like City and Chelsea to pay the full buyout clauses of Rodri or Kepa, and most notable PSG paying the full 222 millions for Neymar to Barcelona.

With selling a player, if you initiate the transfer by offering him out or transfer listing him, expect top get well below his in-game value.  If he is not for sale and has a reasonable time left on his contract, expect to get over his in-game asking price

Transfer listing a player is always going to take a hefty chunk of the value.

What I don't get is why the engine constantly throw "locked" low bids by PSG at star players in top clubs and I've lost David De Gea, Pogba to low bids because it unseated the player. In my ManU 19 save and now it's the same in FM20 with PSG wanting most of my Barca A team and randomly throwing below value locked bids at me and me having to suffer the locker room riot when I refuse.

We are talking players with month's old new contracts. I could understand it if it's was one of the top clubs like Barca/Real Madrid bidding and if the bid was at least twice the "value", but a worthless club like PSG shouldn't be able to unseat Star players on top teams that is winning everything. Why would anyone give up playing for the Champion Cup winner club to go play for a third rate club like PSG?

Edited by Miravlix

37 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

What I don't get is why the engine constantly throw "locked" low bids by PSG at star players in top clubs and I've lost David De Gea, Pogba to low bids because it unseated the player

You explain it yourself right there. They are making low bids to unsettle players in order to try to buy them for cheaper than they otherwise could. It is something you should also be doing to get players for cheaper.

38 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Why would anyone give up playing for the Champion Cup winner club to go play for a third rate club like PSG?

Money. A huge number of titles. That is to name two of the obvious ones.

In the FM20 Beta I have across two seasons basically sold most of the Southampton squad that starts the game (plus all the dross on loan), most of the players I offered out I had set it pre-set the value for sale at 75% of their value, pretty much all of them I got clubs to pay that value or in some cases just above. 

Also players that want to go for whatever reason, I just agree a fee with them if I can, start quite high and they usually then knock it down a bit. Both Nathan Redmond and Thilo Kehrer want to move to bigger clubs but have been sitting there for about 9 months transfer listed with no one making offers at the asking price. 

Hell I agreed to sell Redmond in the summer because I managed to negotiate an Arsenal offer to over £86 million, but he turned them down twice. 

On 15/11/2019 at 15:46, sporadicsmiles said:

You explain it yourself right there. They are making low bids to unsettle players in order to try to buy them for cheaper than they otherwise could. It is something you should also be doing to get players for cheaper.

Money. A huge number of titles. That is to name two of the obvious ones.

The first rule of this forum is "GAME IS PERFECT, EVERYTHING IS YOU FAULT"
 And to the point:

Problem is that OUR players get upset, Their player DONT get upset.

Umtiti is valued 67m, They offer exactly that. If a offer same for Di Maria, They counter with 189m and i reject that. Umtiti becomes unhappy but Di Maria is same with Very good morale. How do you explain that.

So Should we also all the time make locked offer for same price and hope for the best?

PS! But Offering to clubs or transfer listing player will never get you the full value, that is logical and i understand that.

Edited by sverige91

This has been an issue for several games now.

Occasionally a team will pay a decent price but otherwise your buggered.

On FM19 Lukaku had a great first season for me where he got 40 odd goals in about 44 appearances, I wasn’t fused about him staying but wasn’t looking to sell him either.

Throughout the summer Real Madrid kept talking about being interested in him and they finally offered £70M for him even though he was valued at £80M. The highest they would negotiate to was £82M so I kept him.

I offered £10M for a regen of theirs  who hadn’t played a game for their youth team let alone their first team who was valued at £3.4M and they wanted £130M and wouldn’t negotiate below £100M

Edited by Zeonflux

On 15/11/2019 at 14:07, Miravlix said:

Transfer listing a player is always going to take a hefty chunk of the value.

What I don't get is why the engine constantly throw "locked" low bids by PSG at star players in top clubs and I've lost David De Gea, Pogba to low bids because it unseated the player. In my ManU 19 save and now it's the same in FM20 with PSG wanting most of my Barca A team and randomly throwing below value locked bids at me and me having to suffer the locker room riot when I refuse.

We are talking players with month's old new contracts. I could understand it if it's was one of the top clubs like Barca/Real Madrid bidding and if the bid was at least twice the "value", but a worthless club like PSG shouldn't be able to unseat Star players on top teams that is winning everything. Why would anyone give up playing for the Champion Cup winner club to go play for a third rate club like PSG?

Ask Neymar.

1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

I offered £10M for a regen of theirs  who hadn’t played a game for their youth team let alone their first team who was valued at £3.4M and they wanted £130M and wouldn’t negotiate below £100M

As has been pointed out about a million times, SI put this mechanic in the game a few editions back because people moaned at the generic 'he's not for sale' message you used to get. It basically means the same thing, but if you're stupid enough to pay it, they'll accept. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

As has been pointed out about a million times, SI put this mechanic in the game a few editions back because people moaned at the generic 'he's not for sale' message you used to get. It basically means the same thing, but if you're stupid enough to pay it, they'll accept. 

It's an endless loop this.

User enquires about AI player - AI doesnt want to sell player - AI tells user player is not for sale - SI forum gets mobbed by users saying its unrealistic because "every player has a price".

SI change code.

User enquires about AI player - AI doesnt want to sell player - AI tells players a huge price as player is indispensable but has a price - SI forum gets mobbed by users saying its unrealistic the AI demand huge prices for players they dont want to sell.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's an endless loop this.

User enquires about AI player - AI doesnt want to sell player - AI tells user player is not for sale - SI forum gets mobbed by users saying its unrealistic because "every player has a price".

SI change code.

User enquires about AI player - AI doesnt want to sell player - AI tells players a huge price as player is indispensable but has a price - SI forum gets mobbed by users saying its unrealistic the AI demand huge prices for players they dont want to sell.

Well there's a caveat to that too that I've seen.

User enquires about AI player who is valued at $40mil where your amazing highly rated scout says the club would probably sell between $55-80mil and the player is Extremely Interested.

AI comes back and says they "dismissed my enquiry about the player". 

Um, what?

User comes back and makes an offer for $80mil which is the top end of their price.

AI comes back with a counter offer of $150mil or even worse...the AI just flat out rejects any amount of money you offer them, even though the scout report said they'd sell.  This happened to me when I tried to get Harry Kane and offered Tott about $250mil.  Nope, rejected.

Gee, thanks Scout for the wrong information even though you have top of the line attributes.

Edited by extremeskins04

2 hours ago, sverige91 said:

The first rule of this forum is "GAME IS PERFECT, EVERYTHING IS YOU FAULT"

Not in general, no. There is a huge preponderance of users here who apparently think they can never be wrong and everything that happens against them is a bug, rather than them not understanding the game mechanics. 

Problem is that OUR players get upset, Their player DONT get upset.

Yes, they do. I have used this so many times in the past. The game does not make a distinction between user and AI. 

Umtiti is valued 67m, They offer exactly that. If a offer same for Di Maria, They counter with 189m and i reject that. Umtiti becomes unhappy but Di Maria is same with Very good morale. How do you explain that.

This is PSG and Barcelona? Umtiti wants to play for this biggest club in his country? PSG can offer bigger wages? Di Maria does want to join Barcelona as he is an ex Madrid player? Take your pick. 

I bid below value for Sancho, they rejected the bid. Sancho is unhappy the bid is rejected, becomes unhappy. Dortmund lower their asking price because of this. I make an offer at this value which is accepted. He joins Liverpool, who make the same offer. How do you explain this, if it never happens to AI teams? 

So Should we also all the time make locked offer for same price and hope for the best?

You do not always have to. There are many factors. For example, if I have a player with 3+ years on his contract, I will just reject offers and not care if he is unhappy. He is not leaving on a free any time soon. And players almost always get over it at the end of a transfer window. The AI may react differently than a user here. If a player has 18 months or less on a contract, they are perfect to unsettle. You (or the AI) cannot afford this player to be unhappy as he could leave on a free transfer. Both you and the AI are way more likely to accept an offer in this case. These are the players you should specifically target. 

Most of the time you can just find players who are affordable. Either they are transfer listed, or they have a clause, or their contract is running out. Most of my signings I do not have to unsettle a player. For big signings, I often do. I prefer not to, if I can help it. As you see from my example above, it is risky because other teams can join the melee. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I understand why it’s there that’s not my complaint.

my issue is that the game will almost never offer a fair amount (based off his actual value and stats and I do mean stats not attributes) but they expect the player to pay over the odds for almost all players unless they’re on the transfer market or they have a release clause

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

my issue is that the game will almost never offer a fair amount (based off his actual value and stats and I do mean stats not attributes) but they expect the player to pay over the odds for almost all players unless they’re on the transfer market or they have a release clause

Exactly, and I'm pretty confident that SI put this mechanic in place because people over the recent years and even now think the game is too easy and it's too easy to build a winning team.  So SI makes it so you have pay through the nose (unrealistically) for good players.

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

You need to understand the negotiating tactics in the game better. 

Rule 1 - If you're bidding for a player who isn't on the transfer market, declare interest first and see how the player reacts. If he says he would love to join you, table a bid at what you think would be a fair prices, but DON'T choose 'Suggest terms', actually make the offer. The likelihood is the team will reject the bid but as it's them who have said no, there's more chance of the player becoming unsettled. If you luck out after this, the player requests a transfer and you can then get him at a reasonable price. Play the long game, it's worth putting in the effort. 

23 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You need to understand the negotiating tactics in the game better. 

Rule 1 - If you're bidding for a player who isn't on the transfer market, declare interest first and see how the player reacts. If he says he would love to join you, table a bid at what you think would be a fair prices, but DON'T choose 'Suggest terms', actually make the offer. The likelihood is the team will reject the bid but as it's them who have said no, there's more chance of the player becoming unsettled. If you luck out after this, the player requests a transfer and you can then get him at a reasonable price. Play the long game, it's worth putting in the effort. 

Again I understand how it works and when I have the time to play the transfer market that way I do but in my experience that’s not always the case.

For example on FM19 I offered £40M day one of a save for De Ligt and Ajax wanted £60M. I negotiated them to £45M upfront and £10M in future fees dependent on performance.

Arsenal then came in for him a few in game days later and they had an offer of £27M for the whole deal accepted.

I had a similar issue with De Jong but I decided not to follow through with the transfer as I didn’t overly need him and wasn’t prepared to have to pay nearly twice as much as an AI controlled team for him.