[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/02/2020 at 22:42, Stu_UBJ said:

Looking like our first intake could be decent as well! Very intrigued by the young Italian GK from Turin

@Stu_UBJ has the new intake arrived yet? Looks intriguing! Congrats on the promotion too. A truly historic club and the kits are wicked!

Things are starting to get a bit troubled in what was starting to look like a potential Parma paradise.... After a great start to the season form has dipped and we're on a run of straight defeats. We're clinging on desperately to a narrow lead and a lot of clubs are showing a serious upturn in form. To make matters worse, Palacios is playing out his skin but is now attracting a lot of attention of big clubs. It's the January 2022 window, Bayern have just made a 56million quid bid for him and I just realised he's got a 64million release clause. ****!

7 hours ago, 2481 said:

@Stu_UBJ has the new intake arrived yet? Looks intriguing! Congrats on the promotion too. A truly historic club and the kits are wicked!

Things are starting to get a bit troubled in what was starting to look like a potential Parma paradise.... After a great start to the season form has dipped and we're on a run of straight defeats. We're clinging on desperately to a narrow lead and a lot of clubs are showing a serious upturn in form. To make matters worse, Palacios is playing out his skin but is now attracting a lot of attention of big clubs. It's the January 2022 window, Bayern have just made a 56million quid bid for him and I just realised he's got a 64million release clause. ****!

Yes, got one player that I think could turn out decent, and another I'm 50/50 on. Long way from the first team however. 

17 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Yes, got one player that I think could turn out decent, and another I'm 50/50 on. Long way from the first team however. 

Nice one. I'm not getting many good prospects with Parma - their youth facilities are pretty average so I'll need to spend some $$$ on that!

2 hours ago, 2481 said:

Nice one. I'm not getting many good prospects with Parma - their youth facilities are pretty average so I'll need to spend some $$$ on that!

I know the feeling - had a similar issue when I did a save in lower league Spain 

Found it hard to get back into Pro Vercelli, after our promotion, really struggling to bring in Serie B level players as our reputation hasn't gone up a huge amount. :( 

Started a season with Monza with a latest transfer update and the first transfer window turned off. To say things have started well would be an understatement.
Bit of info as to why I decided on Monza.....There owned by Silvio Berlusconi the once owner of Serie A heavyweights AC Milan and they also have never in there history played in Serie A.

E349E7CDA7065B58B6739B4C2129CB896F9B88CB
B5012003F27DC4B6257F2E7899AB03F3D1A7BD10

I mean look at the results we managed in pre-season against Marseille and Leece. We led Parma in the cup until they completed a late turnaround. And in then league we have been SENSATIONAL its probably the best start I have made to a save in all my years playing CM/FM. Obviously no signings in with the first window being disbaled. Just a complete change of backroom staff and Tactical tweaks.

I just started with AC Milan with latest transfers update from Sortitoutsi. Sold Lucas Biglia to Beijing Guoan, for 45M. Only signed Federico Chiesa, for 50M( up to 53M) Started the season with 2-0 win over Parma. Drew 3-3 against Sampdoria, was 2-0 down, came back to 2-2, took the lead, ended up conceding 2 minutes later :herman: 

@quee what do you think about Kulusevski update? Imo will still need some tweaks in future because for example he has only 12 workate and 14 stamina even if he's the 2nd player in the league for km ran per match but they didn't want to exaggerate with the CA which it's fully understandable.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

7 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee what do you think about Kulusevski update? Imo will still need some tweaks in future because for example he has only 12 workate and 14 stamina even if he's the 2nd player in the league for km ran per match but they didn't want to exaggerate with the CA which it's fully understandable.

I haven't check, as I understand that February transfers were not included in the update?

Will wait for the next one before playing. Shouldn't be long since only a handful of transfers to update?

3 minuti fa, Knox316 ha scritto:

Any recommendation between Fiorentina or Torino?

My objective is to build a CL squad.

Fiorentina imo. Many young interesting players (Chiesa, Cutrone, Vlahovic, Kouamé, Castrovilli etc), an eccentric president and a very beautiful city

18 minutes ago, Knox316 said:

Any recommendation between Fiorentina or Torino?

My objective is to build a CL squad.

I'd say Fiorentina as well, try to keep Chiesa and the other youngsters and bring success back to Florence.

I'd say Bologna.

They have a really good squad and are well covered in each position. Also, it's a bit more challenging.

Some Inter players also got updates.
Lukaku's finishing is 17, Handanović's positioning 18, De Vrij's passing 15.
Lautaro is way more aggressive and is a pressing forward now, Bastoni is way faster, Barella also got some upgrades.
Vecino also had some changes.

3 ore fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Some Inter players also got updates.
Lukaku's finishing is 17, Handanović's positioning 18, De Vrij's passing 15.
Lautaro is way more aggressive and is a pressing forward now, Bastoni is way faster, Barella also got some upgrades.
Vecino also had some changes.

Deserved. 
I am a bit disappointed they didn't touch in any way players as Bernardeschi and Skriniar that are playing worse than past seasons. Ok the new position for both but imo they deserved a little downgrade at least.

*EDIT I was wrong. Bernardeschi has been downgraded (-2 finishing, -1 longshot, -1 anticipation, -1 off the ball etc), Skriniar no though.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

47 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

*EDIT I was wrong. Bernardeschi has been downgraded (-2 finishing, -1 longshot, -1 anticipation, -1 off the ball etc), Skriniar no though.

Škriniar is a difficult case because both him and Godin obviously can't play in a 3 man defense.

His passing should be like 11-12 at the most, though.

Brozović still has the same long shots rating as Vecino though. :D

3 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

Škriniar is a difficult case because both him and Godin obviously can't play in a 3 man defense.

Even Bernardeschi didn't play in his role though since this season he had to play almost all matches as CAM

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

3 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

How much did you pay him?

7.5+17m€ and percentage of profit from next sale.

With loan back for one season.

Btw, he was born in Italy and has Italian passport, so doesn't count as foreign player.

Edited by GunmaN1905

7 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

De Vrij, Skriniar, Godin, Bastoni and him.. There are worse defences (CB) :D 
Do you play with 3 CB? If not who do you keep as 5th?

No, I started with 4-1-3-2. DM and 3 CMs.

He's loaned back, will sell Godin after the first season and Kumbulla will take his place.

Also got Tonali for 35m€.

1 minuto fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

No, I started with 4-1-3-2. DM and 3 CMs.

He's loaned back, will sell Godin after the first season and Kumbulla will take his place.

Also got Tonali for 35m€.

Knowing how FM ''treats'' Italian teams I expect that Juve will sell like Demiral for 4-5Mio € in winter and you'll have the defence ready for minimum 7 seasons :D 
I always disable first window then I expect I'll have to spend much more (I am waiting the feb update). Tonali is promising for sure but how he's in the game I am still not sure in which role make him develop

Tonali.thumb.JPG.01127972effcb3aececdae079531d925.JPG

3 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Knowing how FM ''treats'' Italian teams I expect that Juve will sell like Demiral for 4-5Mio € in winter and you'll have the defence ready for minimum 7 seasons :D 
I always disable first window then I expect I'll have to spend much more (I am waiting the feb update). Tonali is promising for sure but how he's in the game I am still not sure in which role make him develop

Tonali.thumb.JPG.01127972effcb3aececdae079531d925.JPG

I'm just gonna use him as DLP-D on DM.

Good marking/tackling, but poor finishing, off the ball and crossing. Isn't that fast, either.

Just played a couple of games, but Lukaku and Lautaro are unstoppable.

Lukaku has 18 pace now. :lol:

I enabled transfers because I can't stand Candreva. :D

Bloody Moses is absolutely useless and has 9m€ per year salary, can't be terminated.

Edited by GunmaN1905

1 minuto fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

I'm just gonna use him as DLP-D on DM.

Good marking/tackling, but poor finishing, off the ball and crossing. Isn't that fast, either.

Just played a couple of games, but Lukaku and Lautaro are unstoppable.

Lukaku has 18 pace now. :lol:

I play mostly with 4312/41212 and in general as ''DM'' I prefer or players as Verratti/De Jong or not much technical but physical and strong players. He's in the middle more or less :D 
Yes they are super good but not far from reality ;) Lets hope not sunday though :lol:
Talking about pace and acc I think that Demiral needs an upgrade.

10 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Roma squad is full of useless loans, I'm going to get rid of 50% of the squad :lol:

You can only terminate 2 of them. I came 2nd in the league with Roma and managed to win the cup. I also lost the Europa League Final. Season 2 you get little money to use without selling any one. Kolorov was my best player at left back.  Some good youths coming through Roma so I think it’s worth staying around. 

On 01/03/2020 at 21:57, citylad20 said:

You can only terminate 2 of them. I came 2nd in the league with Roma and managed to win the cup. I also lost the Europa League Final. Season 2 you get little money to use without selling any one. Kolorov was my best player at left back.  Some good youths coming through Roma so I think it’s worth staying around. 

Yup, I know Smalling and Kalinic or Perez are going to be cancelled, I haven't decided yet... How's Riccardi in your save?

Well heres a quick update on my Monza save. Picked them for a couple of reasons.
1.There in Italy's lowest playable league.
2.There well built for a promotion challenge.
3.There owned by ex AC Milan chairman Silvio Berlusconi. (Would be fun to get them to Serie A and overthrow his old club.

To say the first season went amazing would be an understatement. The first thing I did was fire all the current staff and replace them with the best possible options available. I was also suprised at the calibre of player which wanted to join the team even though we are playing in Serie C. I did however decide against making any signings as the transfer budget wasnt really high and after we finished our pre-season I didnt feel there was a particular area that needed strenghtrning.
AF3266A9A8FC984EEC6A3EBA7AFA4EF182B7DC00
A win against Marseille had me intrigued, follow that up with a home victory against Serie A side Lecce and recently relegated Benevento and I knew we were onto something. Yes there was a blip against Imolese but that was me tweaking around with tactics. The biggest games were in the Coppa Italia as these were actual football matches not friendlies. We desposed of Serie B side Crotone and were very unlucky against top flight Parma we had the lead until they scored in the 49th and 81st minute to complete the turnaround.
Next came the serie B season and wow did we get off to a great start........
E349E7CDA7065B58B6739B4C2129CB896F9B88CB
I beleive we went 20-0 before finally our first defeat which was to second placed Novara away from home, I was wounded!
And as far as getting Berlusconi back to the top to challenge AC Milan that was over a few weeks later as he decided to retire and an internal takeover took place.
The Novara game effected our form slightly as we  won 3 and drew 3 of our next 6. That was until we went on a 10 game win streak scoring 38 and conceding only 5.
We headed into the last game with only 1 defeat to our name, Sadly the occasion got to the players and we lost 2-1 to Pontedera.
617CBEE33F99FB85DF7E393BF4B63C92B1DBD1F3
We absolutely cleaned up at the end of season awards  and ,anaged to add the Coppa Italia di Serie C and Supercoppa di Serie C to our trophy cabinet. Its probably the best first season I have ever had in Football manager, And I have been playing since the championship manager days.

So we went up and the board were not messing about with there expectations the minimum they expect is a top half finish in Serie B  with working towards promotion to Serie A the 2 seasons afer before winning promotion to the top flight in 2023/24.
I was expecting a bit of help on the transfer and wage front to make this happen. Sadly our wage budget went up a few thousand to £129,494 p/w but our transfer budget sat at £230,000.
We also lost a few players whose loans had expired and a few of the old guard decided to retire.
We did however manage to nab some amzing signings for the season.......
857E1971682961FD420145E743517047E90D68F1
First up Kevin Long still only 30 and playing Premier League football for Burnley last term he is immediately the best CB at the club and to get him on a free transfer was amazing.
Next up Jakob Johansson formerly of Rennes can play CB/CDM/CM and is stronger than our current players. Another free transfer.
Anton Pederson and Isak Bodin were just youngsters my scouts recommended one has 3 star potential the other 2.5 These were signed more to fill the squad out from the players retiring and leaving on free transfers. (think emergency backups)
Then we move onto the main 3 Arsenal loaned us Gabriel Martinelli for no fee and he already has 4 goals in 3 games. He is a class above in this division and will really help us reach our goal.
Next we have Tottenham young star Troy Parrot who also came in for no loan fee he also started well with 3 goals in 4 games. Absolute dream pairing up top.
And finally Eddie Salcedo on loan from Inter Milan for a mere 9k p/m he also has 3 goals in 4 games for the club.

These are our results so far. We have started pretty much where we left off and are 2nd in Serie B after 2 games following victories over Verona and Cosenza.
A731ECA5B95EBD8CF2D628DF0EF6B787A9AB5327

There is however one MASSIVE FIXTURE which should stick right out

81FC35DFE713D781C3130B40E9A158A3D385AF55

Our greatest performance to date by far. There manager slated me before the game saying we didnt deserve to play them etc and to be honest I expected a crippling defeat. Heading into extra time all our players had much lower fitness than theres but we stuck in and managed a miracle. Cannot wait to see where the rest of this season takes us.

On 03/03/2020 at 10:59, LucasBR said:

Yup, I know Smalling and Kalinic or Perez are going to be cancelled, I haven't decided yet... How's Riccardi in your save?

Riccardi is coming along nicely and I’ve signed Rakitic for free from Barca to tutor him as well. Smalling is worth keeping and playing. He’s solid next to Mancini.

8 hours ago, citylad20 said:

Riccardi is coming along nicely and I’ve signed Rakitic for free from Barca to tutor him as well. Smalling is worth keeping and playing. He’s solid next to Mancini.

I don't know if I want to keep him, I won't buy him after his loan so I think is better to give Mert Çetin more chances, especially because he's better in this patch.

As usual, sim the first season after winter window...

Took on Atalanta, mostly just to play around with some different tactics. Won a treble (UEL, not UCL) pretty comfortably. 

Been itching for a longer-term project, but couldn't decide on what, where, how steep of a climb, etc. Finally landed on newly promoted (via playoff) Frosinone.  Start 10m in the red, with a horribly bloated (and aging) squad. Some decent young players, but no one that's really ready for a significant role in Serie A. Just trying to get in the black and survive at this point. Pretty sure that  would be the greatest season in their history. 

Halfway through my first season in charge of Frosinone. Spent most of the summer restoring the club's financial health (-10M to +15M so far) and reinvesting in upgrading the clubs facilities and youth recruitment. We're not good, but we've managed to pick up enough results to be optimistic about our chances of staying up, largely thanks to Francesco Bardi in net (he was Serie B keeper of the year last season). No one else has really stood out and secured their long-term position the squad yet, but I'm giving younger players as much of a chance as I can, and moving aging players with expiring contracts to continue improving our financial standing. We've signed Simone Palombi from Lazio (on loan with Cremonese IRL), heading into the winter window, hoping he can provide a bit of a boost in the goal scoring department. The bar is astoundingly low. 

Spoiler

403932007_WinterResults.thumb.jpg.5fc6fbfb48a3351f8cde4ddb0da73f62.jpg

2043452435_WinterTable.thumb.jpg.35d7127bf59a51a8811b9444e3384a1b.jpg

On 07/03/2020 at 14:28, n1mez said:

Hey guys.

Have anyone in here tried playing a long time with Roma?

And getting a new stadium / or a new owner?

I'm in my 10th season at Roma and after I think 4 or 5 I got a new owner who more or less wrote off the clubs debts and gave me Frenkie de Jong and Joao Felix effectively for free, minus their massive wages. Since then there have been more rumours of takeovers but just the one so far, no luck with a new stadium despite asking but that's understandable as getting attendance to 100% at the Olimpico might be impossible. We are on a run of 5 straight titles and 2 CL wins and our attendance is still only about 58,000. Having said that the board did agree to expand the Olimpico to 76,500 or something at the end of this season. As I said this is in 2029 I think. 

Completed my first season in charge of Frosinone. We were a little better going forward and defensively, not that it was always evident, in the second half of the season. Almost breaking even on goal differential. Palombi got off to a fantastic start, scoring in his (home) debut against Sampadoria. Then again a week later at Sassuolo. Nothing against Juve/Lazio, but notched a dramatic late equalizer against Milan. Three in his first five. Unfortunately, he'd only manage one the rest of the way. Still good for second on the team, behind Camillo Ciano (DLF/IW/AM) with a whopping 8 across competitions (6 league, 2 cup). They'd be our signing and player of the season, respectively. Tosin Adarabioyo (BPD), a loanee from Man City, now signed on a free, was our young player of the season. Bardi had a couple rough outings, but overall, did pretty good for us in net: 13 clean sheets, 37 conceded, ~7.5 saves/game in 34 appearances. 

Second half results:

Spoiler

1035606472_Frosinone20-21ResultsB.thumb.jpg.d8f03f9208635e47a10f9ee1b5f5e2b0.jpg

That Parma match was brutal. Went into it flying high, on a run of three straight, coming off our best result of the season, with a chance to secure safety, at home. We never showed up. Down 3-0 at halftime, benched Bardi, and managed to spare ourselves further embarrassment. Results elsewhere would secure our safety before Roma, which was an even worse performance, if not result. 

Final Table:

Spoiler

423720794_Frosinone20-21Table.thumb.jpg.28238e97f58721ef1dfbfe4821e2cb24.jpg

Team Overview

The past season was about survival and financial security. Our near future is about finding our team identity and solidifying our position in Serie A. Three at the back or four? One up front or two? Control the ball or park the bus? Waste time or go, go, go!?  We tried a bit of everything in 2020-21 to survive, but to build on that, we need to choose a path, and bring in players to make it work. (I'm strongly opposed to playing a highly-aggressive, gegenpressing system with this save as I find it to be quite overpowered once you get it right, which gets kinda boring)

Spoiler

GK: Almost certainly the strength of the team I inherited. Bardi was Serie B keeper of the year; Bastianello was arguably even better in limited relief appearances this year; we already had 2-3 keepers behind them in various stages of development and our only real promising recruit in our 2021 class was another keeper. If only they offered a more valuable revenue stream.

CB: Solid with good depth. Room for upgrades, but relatively low priority at this point. If anything, we might need to unload one or two options to keep players happy. 

FB/WB: Adequate, at best. We've signed two Greek LB/LWBs on free transfers and will likely look to add a RB/RWB over the summer.

DM/CM: Solid, but not very impactful most days. Ideally, we'll hold onto Ciano and move him into the middle of the park to finish out his career, but not sure that's viable this year. 

Wings:  Ciano was probably most impactful as an IW on the right, but we got almost no production from these positions otherwise. So far our biggest acquisition heading into the summer has been Marlos Moreno, another free transfer from Man City, currently on loan with FC Koln (Portimonense IRL). Our scouts loved his potential, I'm a fan of his versatility. If nothing else, hopefully, we can develop him and capture that value.

Strikers: In addition to Palombi, we brought in Villalibre (from Athletic Club) on an 18-month loan with an option to buy. We also have a promising 16-year-old prospect, Silvio Miano, that may play up top or out wide. Too early to tell. None are likely to be winning golden boots, or leading us to the scudetto anytime soon, but all three have enough potential, that we need them playing as much as possible for development, and to see what we've got. 

Warchest: €11.5M. Not a lot, but more than I expected. Value will probably drive our summer activity more than need. 

Edit: The board has approved a stadium expansion from 16,227 to 17,480. 

Edited by XuluBak

@ParanoidBuddha I've updated my facepacks, downloaded the new TCM '20 logos (not sure if they are any difference to the '19 version, though), etc.

Is there anything else I should do before starting? Deleted the dbc, inc, edt files and downloaded the real names fix.

I read that Japan will not call local-based players for their National team? Is there a workaround?

I seemed to read there were a few things to do before starting FM20 when browsing the topic, now I can't recall all of them :lol: