[FM20] E20 - England to Level 20 - 454 playable divisions

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, megamattbd10 said:

This file says it makes Guernsey league and nation playable. How can I activate them in my save game? no problems with the lower English leagues, just looking to actiavate these as well.

I can find the Guernsey and Jersey leagues/clubs when searching my current save, but they do not appear to be playable.  I looked at the database in the editor and these leagues are not assigned to a parent competition so they don't show up under the England L13, L12, etc. when selecting a club during a save start.  Or maybe there was supposed to be Bailiwick of Guernsey and Bailiwick of Jersey as separate nations to select?  But I didn't see that either at the Nation selection screen when creating a new save.

35 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I can find the Guernsey and Jersey leagues/clubs when searching my current save, but they do not appear to be playable.  I looked at the database in the editor and these leagues are not assigned to a parent competition so they don't show up under the England L13, L12, etc. when selecting a club during a save start.  Or maybe there was supposed to be Bailiwick of Guernsey and Bailiwick of Jersey as separate nations to select?  But I didn't see that either at the Nation selection screen when creating a new save.

Yeah, I tried messing around in the editor to get it to appear as playable and was not able to. Wonder if it is even possible?

3 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

There are 2 Level 13 databases, 13+ is the one with playable Guernsey & Jersey Leagues, the normal 13 doesn't have those leagues as playable

The one I downloaded was E20 - England Level 13 with Jersey & Guernsey teams 5.0.fmf and I don't seem to be able to play in Guernsey & Jersey.  I downloaded the file on the 3rd of May.  To be clear, I'm not actually interested in Guernsey & Jersey, I was just seeing if I could troubleshoot for @megamattbd10, so I apologize if I am misunderstanding how to access those leagues.

1 minute ago, jwchriste said:

The one I downloaded was E20 - England Level 13 with Jersey & Guernsey teams 5.0.fmf and I don't seem to be able to play in Guernsey & Jersey.  I downloaded the file on the 3rd of May.  To be clear, I'm not actually interested in Guernsey & Jersey, I was just seeing if I could troubleshoot for @megamattbd10, so I apologize if I am misunderstanding how to access those leagues.

Yeah, that's the one where they aren't playable, you need E20 - England Level 13 with Jersey & Guernsey leagues 3.0.fmf which is the second link in the second post

2 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Yeah, that's the one where they aren't playable, you need E20 - England Level 13 with Jersey & Guernsey leagues 3.0.fmf which is the second link in the second post

Ah, ok.  The "with Jersey & Guernsey leagues" in the filename was misleading me.

@megamattbd10, you probably did the same as me.  Check which file version you downloaded.

1 minute ago, jwchriste said:

Ah, ok.  The "with Jersey & Guernsey leagues" in the filename was misleading me.

@megamattbd10, you probably did the same as me.  Check which file version you downloaded.

*NEW* E20 - Level 13+ (Guernsey & Jersey Nations & Leagues playable) with League & FA Cups :thup:

1 hour ago, Dan BHTFC said:

*NEW* E20 - Level 13+ (Guernsey & Jersey Nations & Leagues playable) with League & FA Cups :thup:

Appreciate the help I see them now appearing under the English league pyramid. Is there a way to make the "National Team" playable as well? Now that I can play as and generate regens as Guernsey? They do not appear as selectable currently

1 hour ago, megamattbd10 said:

Appreciate the help I see them now appearing under the English league pyramid. Is there a way to make the "National Team" playable as well? Now that I can play as and generate regens as Guernsey? They do not appear as selectable currently

You need to tick the "add players to playable clubs" box when setting up a new games then that should generate enough players 

@Dan BHTFC

First, i appreciate your work. I've played with this great England Database last year in FM19 and moved with Kettering All Stars from Level 15 to Level 9. Then it got too difficult to compete with several teams with pro status to go further the ladder.

Kettering All Stars moved up in reality and is now in Level 14, therefore i can't wait to play with them again.

So my question, any chance that Level 14 comes up this week?

46 minutes ago, markus1725 said:

@Dan BHTFC

First, i appreciate your work. I've played with this great England Database last year in FM19 and moved with Kettering All Stars from Level 15 to Level 9. Then it got too difficult to compete with several teams with pro status to go further the ladder.

Kettering All Stars moved up in reality and is now in Level 14, therefore i can't wait to play with them again.

So my question, any chance that Level 14 comes up this week?

I'll try my best however I am still at work so hard to find time to edit

2 hours ago, Andrew Price said:

dan will u update the squads and managers up to league 2 mate

I don't do that to my database, will take too long, I only just about have enough spare time with what I'm doing at the moment

6 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I don't do that to my database, will take too long, I only just about have enough spare time with what I'm doing at the moment

is there anyway I could edit and update the squads etc and add it to your database or can I not be able to 

Hi, my apologies if this is already mentioned. I started in Level 13 with a Cornish team in the Trelawny League. The two divisions above it are decidedly South-West leagues, but Coventry Copsewood (certainly not from the same neck of the woods) has found its way into that area after the first season and I wondered if that feature of moving teams around was something fixable using your great skills or if it's something to just put up with. I will put up with it if its unfixable though as your hard work is certainly enough, but thought i'd pass along this 'glitch'.

1 hour ago, maxthelion said:

Hi, my apologies if this is already mentioned. I started in Level 13 with a Cornish team in the Trelawny League. The two divisions above it are decidedly South-West leagues, but Coventry Copsewood (certainly not from the same neck of the woods) has found its way into that area after the first season and I wondered if that feature of moving teams around was something fixable using your great skills or if it's something to just put up with. I will put up with it if its unfixable though as your hard work is certainly enough, but thought i'd pass along this 'glitch'.

The problem is that if that team comes from another division (ie promotion or moving), for Dan is impossible to change that, because that's only in your save.  The only thing Dan can help is check the boundaries of those leagues and the coordinates of Coventry Copsewood stadium, (or city), but after the fix, you will have to start a new save. :P 

9 hours ago, maxthelion said:

Unfortunately, it's not fixable in the basic editor, though in the advanced editor you can set 'hard' boundaries so that anywhere N/S/E/W of a certain town will not be considered for a league under any circumstances.

Hi Dan, I have just finished the season in Cheshire League Two managing Knowsley South. Won the league with 22 wins out of 24 with one draw and one loss. At the end of the season I got some messages from my press officer saying Knowsley Souths 67 points in a season is a new team low! Same message about league goals -91! - one league defeat is a new team low...etc. Surely meant to be high not low 😁

1 hour ago, Unforced error said:

Hi Dan, I have just finished the season in Cheshire League Two managing Knowsley South. Won the league with 22 wins out of 24 with one draw and one loss. At the end of the season I got some messages from my press officer saying Knowsley Souths 67 points in a season is a new team low! Same message about league goals -91! - one league defeat is a new team low...etc. Surely meant to be high not low 😁

If this is the first season of the team, and it didn't have "records" (being newly created), that message is valid, those are the new High-Low records of everything.  In your second season those numbers will vary, and so on.

On 21/05/2020 at 08:50, BoyInGreen said:

Unfortunately, it's not fixable in the basic editor, though in the advanced editor you can set 'hard' boundaries so that anywhere N/S/E/W of a certain town will not be considered for a league under any circumstances.

IMO boundaries are not so good way to solve this issue. Regional divisions are much better choice because you can set first regional division and game will use this option when possible. If not - game will use second or third regional division setting so you can set some neighbour league or whatever is your geographical league system.

43 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Boundaries are not so good way to solve this issue. Regional divisions are much better choice because you can set first regional division and game will use this option when possible. If not - game will use second or third regional division setting so you can set some neighbour league or whatever is your geographical league system.

Trying to understand this.

Let's imagine that in case of USA, the fifth level is divided in East, Central and West. There is more East teams than there is Central teams. How does the game "know", that the closest teams to the Central League, should go to that league, instead of randomly picking teams. What i mean is it would be weird for a New York team playing in the Central League than for example teams on that an Ohio or Indiana team on the same Fifth level (which are states closer to the center of the country, then the New York state).

How those the game know to sort the teams when a league is full.

Also when the level has multiple leagues (like example above), is it better to set up the prize money on each individual leagues or on the parent league of those three sub leagues. I want the prize money to be the same to all leagues on that same level.

Edited by grade

3 minutes ago, grade said:

Trying to understand this.

Let's imagine that in case of USA, the fifth level is divided in East, Central and West. There is more East teams than there is Central teams. How does the game "know", that the closest teams to the Central League, should go to that league, instead of randomly picking teams. What i mean is it would be weird for a New York team playing in the Central League than for example teams on that an Ohio or Indiana team on the same Fifth level (which are states closer to the center of the country, then the New York state).

How those the game know to sort the teams when a league is full.

Its not ideal i know so we call this option "soft regional" divisions setting.  You can set for all East and West teams - Central division as second choice in regional divisions. For Central teams you will set East (use map for this) and West division as second choice.

Thats why you can always (not always but when your system is suitable for this) use "hard regional" divisions setting. In regular way you will set min/max number of teams and game will use regional divisions 100% accurate.

Second option (this is not regular way) is to use fixed number of teams for every league (if your system is with fixed number of teams in real life) and to set my dynamic relegation system.

Last choice (last IMO because in my tests this option gives highest number of teams in wrong division) is to use league boundaries.

Its up to you (consider your real life football system) to decide what to use...

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

IMO boundaries are not so good way to solve this issue. Regional divisions are much better choice because you can set first regional division and game will use this option when possible. If not - game will use second or third regional division setting so you can set some neighbour league or whatever is your geographical league system.

It depends on the context, I think - from what I can see from the regional division scoring section when testing leagues, setting the regional division is equivalent to placing that club 20 miles inside the league boundary, unless they are further inside the boundary, in which case it has no effect on division allocation. In fact, if you set a club to be in region A, but the game finds that region B is a better fit (due to being more than 20 miles inside the boundary of region B), then it will place the team in B by default. I do certainly agree though that it is good practice to set regional divisions for each club.

What I was referring to was the ability to set negative boundaries so that for a southern league, you could assign a region score to teams north of a certain point to be the equivalent of 100 miles outside the boundary (since this is the absolute minimum score possible, it is the same as saying "don't pick this under any circumstances"). This is a very handy feature for regional divisions where there is a high density of teams in a small area and outliers look more obvious as a result.

5 minutes ago, BoyInGreen said:

It depends on the context, I think - from what I can see from the regional division scoring section when testing leagues, setting the regional division is equivalent to placing that club 20 miles inside the league boundary, unless they are further inside the boundary, in which case it has no effect on division allocation. In fact, if you set a club to be in region A, but the game finds that region B is a better fit (due to being more than 20 miles inside the boundary of region B), then it will place the team in B by default. I do certainly agree though that it is good practice to set regional divisions for each club.

What I was referring to was the ability to set negative boundaries so that for a southern league, you could assign a region score to teams north of a certain point to be the equivalent of 100 miles outside the boundary (since this is the absolute minimum score possible, it is the same as saying "don't pick this under any circumstances"). This is a very handy feature for regional divisions where there is a high density of teams in a small area and outliers look more obvious as a result.

Yeah but as i said earlier - real life system is main factor for me. In my case - serbian lower leagues - i must use hard regional division settings because its like this in real life. Because leagues are with fixed number of teams - only way to make this just like in real life is to use that option In combination with dynamic relegation system. And this works 100% in my case. I dont have single team in wrong division after 30 seasons. Or 50 - its not important.

Some countries have flexible leagues - flexible number of teams or flexible when they sort teams in regional groups/divisions.

In many cases (sometimes people asks some questions or ask me for help) real problem is that they dont understand their system in real life.

For me this is great file and i like to play with some level 14 team. Also i dont know lower leagues teams so i dont care about teams in wrong divisions :D

Just like to play LLM.

2 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah but as i said earlier - real life system is main factor for me. In my case - serbian lower leagues - i must use hard regional division settings because its like this in real life. Because leagues are with fixed number of teams - only way to make this just like in real life is to use that option In combination with dynamic relegation system. And this works 100% in my case. I dont have single team in wrong division after 30 seasons. Or 50 - its not important.

Some countries have flexible leagues - flexible number of teams or flexible when they sort teams in regional groups/divisions.

In many cases (sometimes people asks some questions or ask me for help) real problem is that they dont understand their system in real life.

For me this is great file and i like to play with some level 14 team. Also i dont know lower leagues teams so i dont care about teams in wrong divisions :D

Just like to play LLM.

Same here, Dan has put in a load of work into this file and it shows. Every country as you said is different - for my fantasy Irish lower leagues file, I am using semi-flexible boundaries using the process I mentioned above and so far, it's working out quite well, there's 16 leagues in the lowest tier and they are all within their respective boundaries. Have you a thread for your Serbian lower leagues file, krlenjushka? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

1 minute ago, BoyInGreen said:

Same here, Dan has put in a load of work into this file and it shows. Every country as you said is different - for my fantasy Irish lower leagues file, I am using semi-flexible boundaries using the process I mentioned above and so far, it's working out quite well, there's 16 leagues in the lowest tier and they are all within their respective boundaries. Have you a thread for your Serbian lower leagues file, krlenjushka? I'd be very interested in checking it out.

Not for this version but - im preparing data for FM21.

Is there a reason for this advice :

Don't forget when using my databases to make sure the add players to playable teams box is ticked before starting a new game

other than not having an empty squad when you start a new game ?

I don't mind having to sign a whole squad during the first few weeks.

I've also checked the CA and PA of the greyed out players and they're basically the same as the generated "real" players, so I think it will not be a problem for my opponents (I mean it won't change much their level)

The thing is, checking this box generates a lot of players : the number of players in the database goes from 35k without it to more than 135k, and the game runs four times slower (I actually did the comparison by simulating 2 months with the 2 options), and obviously I would very much prefer to not have a really (really) slow game if I'm going to start a long-term save

1 hour ago, Cagri Zorkol said:

I couldnt download Level 14. There is a error when i click button in mediafire link. is there any problem? 

I just tried it and it worked for me.  Doesn't seem to be a problem with the download.

7 hours ago, DokteurHaisse said:

The thing is, checking this box generates a lot of players : the number of players in the database goes from 35k without it to more than 135k, and the game runs four times slower (I actually did the comparison by simulating 2 months with the 2 options), and obviously I would very much prefer to not have a really (really) slow game if I'm going to start a long-term save

You should expect that the number of players will reach this level anyway at some point in time. All teams will fill their squads so there will be very little release and retirement from the youth intakes during the first few years.
Running a database this huge with such a large number of leagues will always be slow. Even if you avoid the slow start, you will not be able to avoid a huge slow down down the road. Be (mentally) prepared for this.

3 minutes ago, Mikado911 said:

You should expect that the number of players will reach this level anyway at some point in time. All teams will fill their squads so there will be very little release and retirement from the youth intakes during the first few years.
Running a database this huge with such a large number of leagues will always be slow. Even if you avoid the slow start, you will not be able to avoid a huge slow down down the road. Be (mentally) prepared for this.

I know that but I also plan to get quickly to level 9 or 10, ideally by being promoted each year (I mean.. I hope :D) which would allow me to remove lower leagues and keep this from happening

Basically I wouldn't have to play with a huge database of players that are playing for teams in removed leagues (even tough maybe they would retire ?)

I'm not so sure of how the game manage the evolution of the database size in a long-term save but I think it's worth trying this way?

19 saat önce, jwchriste said:

I just tried it and it worked for me.  Doesn't seem to be a problem with the download.

because of adblock.. when i disable ad block, the problem has been solved. thanks for your comment.

15 hours ago, DokteurHaisse said:

I know that but I also plan to get quickly to level 9 or 10, ideally by being promoted each year (I mean.. I hope :D) which would allow me to remove lower leagues and keep this from happening

Basically I wouldn't have to play with a huge database of players that are playing for teams in removed leagues (even tough maybe they would retire ?)

I'm not so sure of how the game manage the evolution of the database size in a long-term save but I think it's worth trying this way?

I have old PC and i play with level 14 club. I dont care if everything is slow - will play my save for 3-4  or more so who cares :D

On 25/05/2020 at 07:42, Mikado911 said:

Unfortunately this is the deal breaker for me with these kind of saves. I tried again recently with a level 10 team and I was actually really enjoying it and then I got to the FA Vase. I just can't enoy waiting that long for these things. My PC runs normal databases fine, and I think if in the future it can run one of these databases fine (maybe with me buying a new PC, granted), then I could really enjoy one of these saves.

Big fan of this database, cheers Dan and everyone else who has had a hand in it.

I have a small question. I played my first season as my local team Cove in the Combined Counties Division One, and finished 1st, got promoted to the Combined Counties Premier Division. I saw that Jersey Bulls had finished 2nd and got promoted into the Wessex League, which is normal for teams around here, so no problem there. In the third promotion place was Chessington & Hook, but it appears that they didn't get promoted at all. Checked the rules to make sure it was a promotion spot, which it is, and the P appears by their name on the 2019/20 screen, so I'm not sure why this has happened. On the other side, two teams from the Premier Division above did not get relegated despite finishing in relegation spots (and I checked all the other leagues and it appears some other teams didn't go up/down despite finishing in the right spots).

Anyone got any idea why this might be?

Hello all 

Hope you can shed some light on a couple of queries I have. 

I am in level 11 and just gone semi pro (to my annoyance and constant pushing back with the board). I Can only offer appearance fee contracts and not P/T contracts. I can offer scouts P/T contracts but that's the only section  I can. Is this normal and I take it I will be eventually be able to offer part time contracts as I get to Level 10,9 etc. or is it based on rep and funds available? 

And following on from that in regards to appearance fees, unused sub fee, clean sheet and goal bonus fees, this only applies to the first team right? or do they also get that if any of my first team play for U23 and U18? I have tried to study my bonus fees in my finances but it doesn't ever add up right for my only three players that are in appearance fees and bonuses in the first team. Either that or I simply cannot add up very well!!!