• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1024844198_raalbadge.png.029c0fa25144cfc36ad0b47abd93e1ae.png

Season 5 review

League: We made the play-offs! The relegation play-offs :/

Another wildly inconsistent season replete with tactical tinkerings and terrible man-management. A mid season burst of 13 points from 5 games had us in the dizzying heights of 7th place and dreams of the promotion play-offs.

We fell back to Earth with a bang however after winning 1 of our next 15 games to find ourselves in the relegation play-offs. We won that comfortably against lower league opposition.

I'm barely treading water here but strangely i'm enjoying it, defying the media prediction with a team full of kids is still pretty gratifying.

18 defeats in a 30 game season is alarming.

Croky cup: The standard 3 easy wins and Jupiler Pro league 6th rd defeat. We made 190k from our home defeat to Standard which was very helpful.

b7.thumb.png.a552aaefb14ed20064df4412ac9214af.png

Key Player: Our youth player Logan Lejuene hit 16 league goals and even made the league's team of the season. That felt good!

b6.thumb.png.c4c690b57caa7375d279620258c7a6f8.png

Youth intake: "golden generation" promised but i'm not so sure. Time for a new HOYD to mix things up. Top dog is probably our young LB. He has work to do and his personality isn't ideal but we're struggling for good full backs.

b1.thumb.png.32892e8a76ec27c82c2055d9e938a729.pngb2.thumb.png.a88a8aa5c823573134294849929d0d5a.pngb3.thumb.png.313be710413e35de297079db3d728556.png

Transfers: Nothing major. A few youths given away with sell-on clauses that I doubt will yield a penny.

b8.thumb.png.18270de029d75eb6d4f552786eae5f32.png

Finances: Still in the red but we finished the season in profit, mainly due to releasing 150k a year worth of wages. We also have a sell-on clause to cash in on as a safety net, it's increased from 350k to 1.2m in a season.

b4.thumb.png.e9777b0dc1820c646272f03a2d709df9.pngb5.thumb.png.37666ab39cc1c66844e610a85d86b2e1.png

b9.thumb.png.4ea741b20c0832819cbf0a6116f69d8d.png

East-Kilbride-FC.jpg.d51d024d9c1605b643279aa7f2a12184.jpg

The stats and facilities: 

Oppsummering.thumb.jpg.b5138e4303aab3afcbb2c8e2b6b8ca94.jpg

An attempt on a brief summary: 

Went on holiday for a season (playing on FM19, so holidayed the 18/19 season) and East Kilbride FC was the team who came up to the scottish League 2. Not much to say about the facilities, but I got lucky with the existing squad and had a decent first season. In a rather standard 442 we did ok and finished safe from relegation. I got lucky with the first intake and got a very good midfielder called Martin Martin, but I misread a bid for him sold him for what turned out to be next to nothing.  Thankfully he wasn't alone in the intake and we got players like Neil Graham and Tony Herron as well, players who turned out good for the club. At the next intake Euan Ferguson arrived, a player that carried the midfield and the team for the next couple of seasons. He scored 16 goals and had 12 assists in his second season, as a DPL. He carried the team to the Championship, made himself a club legend and then he left for free and the team fell back down to League 1. Thankfully new decent midtfielders arrived the following seasons and we got back up again and did a lot better on our return to the Championship. Tony Herron, weirdly enough only a club icon, had a good couple of seasons in the Championship and his goals got us promoted to the Premiership. Life in the Premiership has unsurprisingly been a battle against relegation. The first season we had to play the relegation play off, but since that we have managed to stay clear and thanks to some prize money and a couple of player sales we have managed to get some facilities improved. The sad part is that we only have enough money to improve one facility each summer, so the improvements could take some time if we don't improve dramatically. Unfortunately the perfectionist Hoyd Tom Ince has a thing for unambitious fullbacks and central defenders, so unless he comes up with some decent strikers and wingers soon, we might be in trouble. 

Edited by Vélodrome

Hey guys, can I ask a bit of advice here?

Halfway through my fifth season at Truro, am enjoying the challenge but deja vue has set in. I'm mid-table!

Here's the thing: I'm 900k in debt so can't make any upgrades, my youths 'need to play at a higher level' to improve, I'm well under my wage budget but still losing money, I can't improve my staff. 5 seasons in and I've essentially made no progress whatsoever, if anything it's worse than when i started! I knew it would be tough but I can't improve a thing!

So.... is it worth persevering with in England, or should I just cut my losses and start again in a smaller country where I have more chances to improve/make money? How is it in South America?

2 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

Halfway through my fifth season at Truro, am enjoying the challenge but deja vue has set in. I'm mid-table!

Here's the thing: I'm 900k in debt so can't make any upgrades, my youths 'need to play at a higher level' to improve, I'm well under my wage budget but still losing money, I can't improve my staff. 5 seasons in and I've essentially made no progress whatsoever, if anything it's worse than when i started! I knew it would be tough but I can't improve a thing!

So.... is it worth persevering with in England, or should I just cut my losses and start again in a smaller country where I have more chances to improve/make money? How is it in South America?

It's just how it is in England. You need a bit of luck with the players, an FA Cup run, or a big sale in order to get in money. I'm having similar struggles in Austria, while other countries have more money available.

42 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

I would stay away from South America. Other users might disagree with me, but the South American leagues are not probably "made" in this game compared to the European ones. I started a save in Argentina, and it was really easy compared to doing it in Europe, but it's nowhere as fun. I got promoted the first year to the top flight and immediately fought for the title, there was basically no difference in quality between the first and second tier. And the Argentinian league kept changing the amount of teams and there was no explanation behind it. I didn't know what was going on! Players were also called up to national team games that collided with league games all the time. It just felt a bit off! 

I have completed this challenge in Spain (FM19) and in England (FM20). To do it in England is really fun, but getting those first two-three promotions is really difficult and it can drain your energy. I would recommend to do it in a European league that is strong enough to have an opportunity to win CL, but with fewer active leagues than England. I am trying a save in Germany now and it's really fun, except the fact that players under 17 are not allowed to play league games. 

I would guess Portugal is really fun as well, and I also recommend Spain. The youth intakes are great and it's fairly easy to get promotion to Segunda Division. 

The Portugese lower league is as bit wild. 4 sub divisions, each has 18 teams and FIVE relegation spots ffs :D  Also only one promo slot between the 4 sub divisions. So the top 2 in each go into an 8 team knockout and only the winner makes it up. Tough times 

Doh, I thought as much. Weirdly, my players are having their best seasons yet. 10 of the first 11 in the green, yst I'm still mid table with no sign of being able to upgrade anything or sell anyone.

I'll keep plugging away, you never know!

Thanks for the heads up on other countries. I'll definitely do this challenge again in another country, maybe with FM21.

I'm just in a cul-de-sac atm with no clear route out, I just need a bit of luck I think.

Edited by libbyshuss

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

I would stay away from South America. Other users might disagree with me, but the South American leagues are not probably "made" in this game compared to the European ones. I started a save in Argentina, and it was really easy compared to doing it in Europe, but it's nowhere as fun. I got promoted the first year to the top flight and immediately fought for the title, there was basically no difference in quality between the first and second tier. And the Argentinian league kept changing the amount of teams and there was no explanation behind it. I didn't know what was going on! Players were also called up to national team games that collided with league games all the time. It just felt a bit off! 

They made a mess of their league, getting too many teams into it to play double fixtures (home and away). To fix it they are reducing the number of teams during a couple of seasons, so they return to 20 teams and double fixtures. Played in Argentina myself, found it challenging to earn enough money to get facilities improved. Was surprised to see how poor Argentinian teams are compared to Brazilian teams. 

FC Kufstein

FC_Kufstein_club_crest.png

Season 2029/30 (Season 10) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Slow improvements, for another season. We are slowly improving and we are slowly becoming a better team as the seasons go. We didn't get outclassed once this season, and we had some good wins. That said we are still a ways behind the best teams, but we can beat anyone on our day. In the regular league stage we fought hard and just about managed to finish in the top 6 to go into the Championship Group. When there we did reasonably well and caught up LASK Linz, who had a mare, and we finished in 5th place, our best placement ever.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Kremser, BW Linz, LASK Linz, SV Horn and Sturm Graz to reach our first ever cup final. Here we beat Rapid Wien after extra time to clinch our first ever cup title! And we are going into Europe next season as well! The Europa League if I'm not mistaken.

Notable players

Denis Scholz 28a - He is becoming a really good central defender. Big, quite strong and fast and reasonably good at tackling and the other defensive attributes needed.
Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - Our legendary Mongolian had a great season almost reaching double figures in both goals and assists.
Bernd Altsinger 26a - No season summary without mentioning this kid. This season he also deputized in the defence due to injuries, and had a great partnership with Scholz 28a... Perhaps a permanent move?

Youth intake

Youth preview - Armenian attacking midfielder? That's a new Mkhitaryan!
Youth intake - And indeed it is! A couple of great talents.

Sebastian Biedermann 30a - Talented winger who can play on either side? Get in the van!
Mkhitaryan jr 30b - Oh yes! I might look to change my formation to suit in this kid. Really a great talent.
Kevin Diedam 30c - And the usual good, but unspectacular, centre back. Might become good.

lMlk0yy.png

19 minutes ago, Vélodrome said:

Played in Argentina myself, found it challenging to earn enough money to get facilities improved. 

That's exactly my problem in England. Stayed well under wage budget and still almost a million in the red after 5 seasons.

It's a tough challenge, this one!

I'm a bit annoyed by this.

ql8fRwf.pngjfbWlhE.png

I mean, he is a great talent, but I have better central defenders. The issue is that they sold him to another team in our division and for a VERY low fee. I mean, I'd understood a lot of money, but £1.7m and some sell-on? Come on!

Hi everyone. I tried this challenge with hungerford without reading the rules properly😬 Got to the vanarama national and got to mid table in what was my 4th season. Ive now decided to try Spain so am now currently holidaying till the end of may. Has anyone got any tips for managing in Spain??

6 minutes ago, Masterdodge said:

Hi everyone. I tried this challenge with hungerford without reading the rules properly😬 Got to the vanarama national and got to mid table in what was my 4th season. Ive now decided to try Spain so am now currently holidaying till the end of may. Has anyone got any tips for managing in Spain??

Load additional players from the lower leagues and pick your team carefully. I picked a team in Spain and they had the wage bill of a mid table div 2 team. They were also paying a 40 year old GK one of the highest wages in the league!

Tip: El Ejido start with great facilities for the level

Edited by Brentmeister

1 hour ago, Vélodrome said:

They made a mess of their league, getting too many teams into it to play double fixtures (home and away). To fix it they are reducing the number of teams during a couple of seasons, so they return to 20 teams and double fixtures. Played in Argentina myself, found it challenging to earn enough money to get facilities improved. Was surprised to see how poor Argentinian teams are compared to Brazilian teams. 

Thanks for clearing that up! I figured that was the case, but I still think it was very strange that the reorganisation wasn't even part of the introduction to the league. Don't think that would have happened with the Premier League on the game! Yes, compared to the Brazilian teams they are way off! 

2 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

Load additional players from the lower leagues and pick your team carefully. I picked a team in Spain and they had the wage bill of a mid table div 2 team. They were also paying a 40 year old GK one of the highest wages in the league!

I haven’t loaded any additional players as I don’t know how to do it. We will see what happens!! I follow a lower league Spanish team and their prom/reg system is confusing to say the least!!

9 minutes ago, Masterdodge said:

Never managed in Spain, but I'd say you should pay attention to release clauses, I think they are mandatory in Spain, so they could bite you if you don't pay attention.

7 minutes ago, Brentmeister said:

Mkhitaryan Jr :D

I'm doing a fun nickname every once in a while! But this kid, in my mind he is the son of Henrikh Mkhitaryan who went to boarding school in Austria and joined our academy since we have a reputation of producing youngsters. I've also made similar stories for the other players from strange nations. The one from Malta is easy, as I have a Maltese feeder club in Birkirkara. The Mongolian one, I've decided he is the son the Mongolian ambassador to Austria. As for my brilliant Swede his from Haninge in Sweden, an island county just south of Stockholm. And I decided he had a drowning scare as a kid and wanted to move to a place with little to no water, enter Kufstein, Austria, it's inland and no big lakes nearby. Then I happened to look at the place closer in Google maps and there is a big river running through the town, so I need to come up with a better story for him. Not sure what yet.

FC Kufstein

Season 2030/31 (Season 11) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We keep up the small improvements. The Championship Group is becoming the usual for us now, and we once again made it there. We do lose a few too may games for my likening, but the players are becoming better and better. I also made a small change to the tactic this season, but I'm not set on it yet. I'm trying to shoehorn in a AMC somehow, but with moderate success, so at the end I changed back to the old one to at least ensure our best league position yet with 4th place in the Championship Group.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Leobendorf, Union Vöklamarkt, Wiener Neustädter, Wolfsberger and SV Ried to reach another final. Here we retained the title by beating Sturm Graz!

We had another go in Europe as well this season and we started in the Europa League group stage. Our opponents were Anderlecht of Belgium, Schalke of Germany and Dynamo Kyiv of Ukraine. We lost both games to Schalke, but won the rest and finished 2nd in the group and thus progressed. In the 1st knockout round we narrowly lost to French side Lyon and got knocked out. However, Austrian football was not done, since Red Bull Salzburg went all the way to the final and beat Valencia 3-0 to claim the trophy. Amazing run from them, and it also highlights how hard the league is!

Notable players

Denis Scholz 28a - Simply a great defender!
Viktor Granberg 28b - A great season from our top scorer and main attacking player.
Uros Popovic 29d - The young Serbian wide man had a very good season and provided a lot of assists.

Youth intake

Youth preview - I guess I were due some horrible intake. NO positives!
Youth intake - Well, it's not the horror show I imagined, but it's a poor one, no doubt!

Robin Walter 31a - The best of the bad bunch. Decently talented goalkeeper.
Fabian Bothmann 31b - Our regular good, but unspectacular, central defender.
Peter Kovacs 31c - The one that seems to have the best attribute distribution. He is a poacher, alright.

PVO7f8G.png

My first try in Spain with sestao fc from the Basque Country. Predicted to finish 14th😬. They have basic training facilities, average academy coaching and fairly basic youth recruitment. £291,000 in the bank which I think will soon disappear with a £65k a week wage bill!!! Wish me luck

3B9FA726-4DB4-4E97-A8F5-5341CC03A233.jpeg

image.jpg

1297973478_raalbadge.png.a13075b5a394d0e51f96b08612dbc546.png

Season 6 review

Croky Cup: 6th round again.

League: That was a massive improvement from last season, 19 fewer goals conceded and 17 more points. I really felt like we made big strides forward this season and could have got something from every single game we played.

We narrowly missed out on the promotion play-offs however, mostly due to our inabiltiy to defend crosses, 90% of the goals we conceded seemed to be through corners, free-kicks and crosses. I lost count of the amount of times the commentary said "_____ missed header led to the goal".

We finished the season playing 11 players produced from our academy.

tab.thumb.png.eb9f1c68293eab6cce7900d16243546c.png

(a draw in our last game stopped us from coming 5th in what was a congested mid-table)

Top boy(s): Marquinhos was our best player by far with 20 assists, 7 POM awards and an average rating of 7.76. We had to tweak the system to get him in but it paid off. Other notable players were our other half Brazilian-Belgian Nonato and top scorer Lejeune.

marq.thumb.png.fd3c2aefc9c5ab2ebe2951bf8806fbb0.pngnon.thumb.png.aed1f305b915afc9f31c8439a62728a9.pnglej.thumb.png.b1667b394e8695e31e13d2bf441adedf.png

Youth Intake: We was promised another golden generation and it looks very promising. Karaula is ready for the first team squad already.

b1.thumb.png.ba7576a8cfe7791caa8fa21b27aaf9db.pngy.thumb.png.c60a142aa0f0f243e92cc163803bd5ee.pngpros.thumb.png.0d21ee56fa7a8df040eecb3501b685c5.png

Transfers: We sold 1.5m of sell-on clauses to help us out.

trans.thumb.png.f306b33be604715b4683cff6ccd1ad53.png

Finances and Miscellaneous: The sell-on clauses allowed us to move into the black and get a few upgrades and a coaching course. Our training facilities however dropped a rating.

stt.thumb.png.06f5644d7f3829bc31db03f99301f42b.png

Sport Clube Angrense - Season 1 (2020/21)

4d2fd11311523e2e18059589a3e0c208.png

League Table  | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Summary

A decent enough first season sees us finish a comfortable 5th in the league - not particularly close the the top 2 playoff spots but never troubled by relegation. We started fast, even toping the league after 5 games and although we faded a bit as the dog days of spring came along still delighted by the outcome. We got pretty lucky in terms of hardly having any injuries all year, and our attacking approached paid off with lots of high scoring draws. 

The cup was jokes as ever. Somehow in the Portugal cup, you get multiple chances. We lost our first round game, only to get some wild message saying that 20 of the highest seeded teams who lost in round 1, are entered into round 2 (!!!). We lost in round 2, obviously. 

The Financial situation is not great. We lost around 30k per month, eroding a fairly healthy starting balance and meaning no real chance of the all important facility upgrades. One of our good young players, Gustavo Martins, is attracting interest from top flight clubs but the offers so far have been under 5k which is not gonna cut it!

Top Performers

Wilson Dias - He does not exactly look top class, but he was our main goal threat and at 25yr old at least is not in decline....

Rui Monteiro - An experienced head in midfield, our CDM / playmaker and also our penalty taker

Youth

Preview - Always "Pffft" at the golden generation comment, but given our defensive woes all season, a couple of decent CBs would be welcome. No good strikers is not ideal mind

Intake - Seems to have little resembalance to the preview........but ok a few players who might at least be useful and a decent position spread. Worryingly though, a lot of them have "unambitious" personaility type. Perhaps a chance of HOYD needed....

Luis Goncalves (YP01a) - The most hyped by the HOYD, not sure i see it but he has some passing ability i guess, might be moulded to a playmaker type

Kevin Alberto (YP01b) - Personally i like the look of this guy more, albeit the same position.......I like that he is two footed and has more of a playmaker look to him

49be4869021b51873899cdecf93609c8.png

Just had a takeover and the board are trying to buy two players... I'll cancel everything I can, but if they go through I'll try to get rid of them asap.

NIAwHmY.png

Edit: I were able to cancel one of them, but the other went through. Shame I have to get rid of him, he is a really good player, but rules are rules!

uOZNpvu.pngdqNtZtQ.png

Edit2: Managed to shift him off to Marseille for about the same (a bit less) as the board bought him for. So there's that solved. And since we are in the winter break, there were no chance of playing him by mistake.

eDDOAvR.png

Edited by XaW

East Kilbride

Season 2021/22 

Scottish League 2

Pos 1st

Well what can I say, after the previous seasons pretty mediocre performance I'd steeled myself for more of the same, how wrong I was. We only suffered 1 defeat all season and clinched the title with 6 games to go. We also broke the points record albeit by a point and kept 20 clean sheets.

Cups - not much to write about - I did make the semi-final of the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup.

The youth intake wasn't too bad and worryingly I have a few teams sniffing round them, fortunately I've got a chunk of them on proper contracts.

Next seasons aim is to stay up, I fear it'll be hard work as my stadium only holds 400 and we can't generate any cash to improve either the ground or facilities.

Pics to follow.

On 22/07/2020 at 07:24, Miek said:

Took me 28 seasons but the CL is off the checklist. Just need to focus on the PL now so I can finally say I've completed this challenge. :lock:

30A6LhA.png

What´s the meaning of "p" next to Man Utd´ s name?

FC Kufstein

Season 2031/32 (Season 12) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers* | Finances

* - Board takeover bought a player. He got sold a few days later without playing any matches.

Wow, what a season! We really fought this time around. In the regular league play we competed with Red Bull Salzburg for a long while, although they pulled away towards the end. Going into the Championship Group it didn't matter much though, since the points are halved at that point. Here both we and Red Bull Salzburg ran away from the pack and in the end it was a two-horse race. With a game left we were a point behind them, but had them on a "half point". That means we got cut half a point at the league split, so technically we were only half a point behind them. For some reason we didn't play our games at the same time. We only managed a 1-1 draw at home to Rapid Wien, still that put us on top, but we needed Red Bull Salzburg to lose away to Rheindorf Altach to win the title. Unfortunately for us, Red Bull Salzburg won their match and clinched yet another title. Still, a 2nd place is really good and we gave them a fight for the title. If we can do the same next season, I'd be happy.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Juniors OÖ and Wolfsberger before losing to St. Pölten in the 3rd round.

In the Europa League we started in the group stage again, this time facing Tottenham of England, Zorya of Ukraine and FC Midtjylland of Denmark. Tottenham smashed the group and beat us in both legs. We did win most of the rest of the matches though, and finished in 2nd place. In the 1st knockout round we lost to Ajax after giving it our all.

Notable players

Viktor Granberg 28b - Our super striker had a great season and once against scored loads.
Denis Scholz 28a - The big rock in our defence once again had a great season.
Dragan Kovacevic 29c - A great season by our central playmaker. He is the one who controls everything in our matches and is very often 3rd last on goals.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Everything would be an improvement on last season, but this looks rather promising.
Youth intake - Some very good players, but not in the positions I most need good players. Still, I'll take them!

Vedad Mehic 32a - A very talented attacking midfielder. Needs to work on his physicals though.
Pascal Bellec 32b - A great DM, but I kind of think he is more of a central defender.
Alexander Böhmann 32c - He is quite talented, but I'm not sure where to use him. He is way too short to be a central defender, but he can't really use the ball much, and I don't really use a DM that suits his attributes...

vwlB1hr.png

14 hours ago, XaW said:

Just had a takeover and the board are trying to buy two players... I'll cancel everything I can, but if they go through I'll try to get rid of them asap.

NIAwHmY.png

Edit: I were able to cancel one of them, but the other went through. Shame I have to get rid of him, he is a really good player, but rules are rules!

uOZNpvu.pngdqNtZtQ.png

Edit2: Managed to shift him off to Marseille for about the same (a bit less) as the board bought him for. So there's that solved. And since we are in the winter break, there were no chance of playing him by mistake.

eDDOAvR.png

Meddling chairmen are the worst. 83k is nothing in the grand scheme of things. FM21 needs to be better in this regard.

b1.thumb.png.0115063c5c515aef62f41790512f744e.png

Edited by Brentmeister

1 hour ago, Brentmeister said:

Meddling chairmen are the worst. 83k is nothing in the grand scheme of things. FM21 needs to be better in this regard.

b1.thumb.png.0115063c5c515aef62f41790512f744e.png

Eh.... I don't really mind that much. Horrible owners are part of the game and I kind of like it, even if it's annoying sometimes.

Arkonia Szczecin 2028/29

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBQR9E4PU5z0i4H3jetOM

Squad - League - Transfers - Facilities - FinancesIntake

Great season and long for me...I played it very loong... Basicly Im happy what I archived this season. We managed to get 6th place in league and qualify to playoffs unlucky I've lost in semi-finals straight away... In Polish Cup we got knock-out by reserves of Zagłębie Lubin which is on top on Polish Ekstraklasa. Still the second suit is to strong for me. My 2 ml debt is very frustrating  but I cant manage to get anything more then 80K for player and some next fee's. To resolve all the problems I need to get  promotion so my club can actually  earn legit  money. Im just hoping and praying to don't lose any players and staff members. Chairman cut amout of salary I can offer so  I can't even renew contract for my coaches... Intake is ok got nice winger/striker Cichon 09a and goalkeeper Pietrasik 09b. In next season aim is to get again into playoffs.

Season    |  League           | Pos  |  Polish Cup |   Europe  |     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Liga Okręgowa     |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2021/22   | IV League         |  2nd |   n/a       |   n/a     | Top 4
2022/23   | IV League         |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2023/24   | III League        | 10th |   n/a       |   n/a     | Survive
2024/25   | III League        |  9th |   n/a       |   n/a     | Survive
2025/26   | III League        |  1st |   n/a       |   n/a     | Winners
2026/27   | II League         |  2nd |   n/a       |   n/a     | Promotion
2027/28   | Fortuna 1 League  | 11th |   1st round |   n/a     | Survived
2028/29   | Fortuna 1 League  | 6th  |   3rd round |   n/a     | Knock out in Playoffs Semi-final

3 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Just discovered in 22/23 John Terry is the manager of Airdrie.

I have a few strange ones myself.

Erling Moe (The successor of Solskjær to Molde) is the manger of England.
Lionel Messi is the manager of LASK Linz.
Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp have switched clubs so Pep is at Liverpool and Klopp at City!

I've quit the Berliner Dynamo save as I'm just not enjoying it. The team was on course to survive in the Bundesliga and I feel it's just not what I'm looking for from this challenge. I'm going to one of my favourite countries, Iceland, to see how far I can go there. I know the Champions League is impossible but I'm hoping to have fun seeing what I can do with far more severe financial restrictions. The team I want is Selfoss, so going to keep reloading til I get them. I think 22 game seasons will help me keep interested more too. Post incoming soon...

37 minutes ago, Alsolate said:

I've quit the Berliner Dynamo save as I'm just not enjoying it. The team was on course to survive in the Bundesliga and I feel it's just not what I'm looking for from this challenge. I'm going to one of my favourite countries, Iceland, to see how far I can go there. I know the Champions League is impossible but I'm hoping to have fun seeing what I can do with far more severe financial restrictions. The team I want is Selfoss, so going to keep reloading til I get them. I think 22 game seasons will help me keep interested more too. Post incoming soon...

Sounds sensible - after all it's supposed to be fun.

BADGE.png.1269ead5787ea76c9d2c6a75f8689e9b.png

Selfoss Promoted/Prediction   Squad    Manager Profile

I was hoping Hof or Vik had a team eligible for this challenge but they don't so happy to settle with Selfoss. The town has a population of around 7000 and no waterfall, despite 'foss' in it's name (which means waterfall). They've been in the top division twice, in 2010 and 2012. Looking at their league position history, the 2019 season is their first in the 3rd tier since 2007. In theory this squad should be half decent then, with an outside shot at promotion. In a much better league I might have repicked a team to make it harder but think this will be hard enough as it is haha.

FC Kufstein

Season 2032/33 (Season 13) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Championship Group | Squad | Transfers | Finances

With a great season behind us, we simply had to try to repeat it. And we did quite well, I'd say. In the regular league we had a really good start and were battling with Red Bull Salzburg for a while. Then we had a bit of a rough patch, and they ran away with things. We still finished the regular league in 2nd place though and made it into the Championship Group. Here we did well enough, at least enough to finish in 2nd place once again. Red Bull Salzburg were simply unreachable this season, so we have to try again next time around.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat ASKÖ Oedt and Rheindorf Altach before losing to Grazer AK in the 3rd round when I fielded a semi-reserves side because we needed a rest.

We also had our first try in the Champions League this season and we went straight into the group stage. We had a tough draw and got Liverpool of England, Juventus of Italy and Shaktar of Ukraine. We surprised everyone by beating Juventus in Turin and drawing at home to Liverpool in the first two matches, but then we went back to earth and lost the rest of the matches to finish last in the group.

Notable players

Dragan Kovacevic 29c - He is such a good player. Now labeled as a wonderkid, and just managed to get him to sign a new 4 year deal without any release clauses! 
Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - After a few average seasons (for him), he struck back and had a great season reaching double figures in both goals and assists. Also, he has 64 caps for Mongolia!
Uros Popovic 29d - A super winger who assists a lot for us. Very often skins his man and provides crosses we score from.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Lots of negatives, but I need more wingers, so I'm happy.
Youth intake - And we got two great wingers, one on each side and with a good central midfielder, I'm very happy with this intake.

Jørgen Grønhella 33a - Lightning quick, but needs some work on his technical attributes. Still, a great talent.
Daniel Beyer 33b - A nicely balanced central midfielder. He should come in handy.
Stephen Asamoah 33c - I really like the look of this kid! Fast, excellent dribbling and technique, some flair. Needs a bit of work on his crossing, but he is a real talent.

Mc5UsOd.png

Sport Clube Angrense - Season 2 (2021/22)

4d2fd11311523e2e18059589a3e0c208.png

League Table  | Squad | Finances | Transfers

Summary

After a good first season, we hit the dreaded sophmore slump in some style. We were never really in any danger of relegation but we lacked consistency all season. Flipped between a couple of formations / tactics as i tried to get us going, and we only actually scored 9 less points than last season, but we ended up in a poor 11th place

We actually won a game in the cup, then promptly lost in the 2nd round so nothing much to report in that space......

We are still leaking money and there is no real revenue stream in sight. Our players are valued at next to nothing, even the decent looking ones. I assume being semi-pro is hurting us but someone like Gustavo Martins, mentioned in previous posts ,should net me like 100k, but his value is 5k. Tough going, as always in this chalenge :) 

Top Performers

Tbh, no one deserves mention here

Youth Updates

Luis Goncalves (YP01a) - Got a fair bit of game time but struggle to make any impact and his development, despite the first team football, has been quite minimal 

Kevin Alberto (YP01b) - Spent the entire season in our U23s, due to the depth we have in central midfield. There is an argument taht he probably was more deserving that Goncalves of game time, in retrospect 

New Youth

Preview - Somehow forgot to screenshot this, but it was the usual waffle 

Intake - Oh look, another "golden generation"......... :D We desperately need a goalscorer, and whilst neither of the 2 players with ST as position look like natural out and out goalscorers, at least they are forwards.....

Pedro Martins (YP02a) - An attacker who has some level of finishing, and good physicals, so likely he gets thrown right in. Also has a better personality type than most of last years intake so that is a positive 

Luis Teixeira (YP02b) - A less technically gifted attacker, but some good mentals and physicals to work with, albeit perhaps a less promising personality type. 

d3869a36d923f4b36c301ea768774bd7.png