The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

The good news? I've revamped the entire coaching squad as contracts expired and locked down every player I can for the next two years. We also get £38m for being in Serie A this year, compared to £130k from Serie B :D
The less good news? Inter's new signing Pulisic is on four times our entire squad's wage, whilst Ronaldo alone is more than double that again.

Our opening fixtures below. After the first two, I'm very happy.

Juve (H)
AC Milan (A)
Udinese (H)
Bologna (A)
Sampdoria (H)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FC Dobrudzha Dobrich - Wikipedia

League - We did managed to get over the 40 point mark this year amazing news for us. We seemed to get pushed along all year and beat teams that we should not have done really. I was chuffed with how we played I am hoping to get a little closer next year to the promotion teams next year if we can hold our players. 

Cup - First round again this year once again out to top division league team again

Finances - Not ideal

Transfers - we lost a few players but I got juicy next sale percentages on them so thought is was good for the club

Youth Intake - I have forgot to tag the players so have done this year

Ivan Stankov (a) - plays behind the top man and looks decent

Denislav Vasilev (a) -we play defensive midfielders in this system so he should be good

Stars of Season

Atanas Filipov - had another fantastic year for us, he is one year left but wants to leave

Kristiayan Angelov - played really well across all spots of the midfield

Next Year - I think next year we can push ontowards promotion spots. I dont think we are ready but I think we can do it. I will focus on getting some of the lads to renew contracts as well.

Year       Division        Finish        Cup           Europe
-----------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     Second League   11th       Rnd 1            N/A
2021/22     Second League   12th       Rnd 2            N/A
2022/23     Second League   14th       Rnd 1            N/A
2023/24     Second League   8th        Rnd 1            N/A

Hi Guys quick question, I have just had a board takeover and part of the deal was promises to sign a player he signed and I couldnt find a way of stopping it, I cant release him because of my lack of budget. Can I just dump him reserves and leave him there or have I broken my attempt for the challenge?

8 minutes ago, ashton430 said:

Hi Guys quick question, I have just had a board takeover and part of the deal was promises to sign a player he signed and I couldnt find a way of stopping it, I cant release him because of my lack of budget. Can I just dump him reserves and leave him there or have I broken my attempt for the challenge?

Just post a screenshot of the board buying him and not you. Then dump him in the reserves and try to sell him asap. And he is not allowed to play any matches of course.

BFC_Dynamo_-_2009_svg.png.03c2ed1d46e4bfac734fb94718b54d51.png

Table   Squad   Finances

Transfers   Intake

We got promoted as champions, really comfortably as it turns out. BUT they sold that goalkeeper who is sure to be world class, so it still feels like a letdown. It could be many years until another one as good comes through. I think we'll stay up, as surely there's 2-3 sides worse than us, and I don't anticipate losing any first team players. Expecting a few cricket scores off Bayern et al. There's been A LOT of wingers coming through the intake year on year, far more so than other positions. 

uzARLaj.png

Edited by Alsolate

FC Kufstein

FC_Kufstein_club_crest.png

Season 2021/22 Review - Sky Go Erste Liga - Austria

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Another very good season for us. Before it even started I managed to throw out a bit of the dead weights around the club to other teams, since they were already replaced by youngsters. Quite a few of the youngsters also got a lot of game time this season, so everything is progressing very well. We started strong and were in the fight for the single promotion spot all season long. We still get a few dips here and there, but they are getting fewer now that the team is more used to the tactic. Phasing in a lot of the youngsters into the team also helped out. With a game left we had an outside chance as promotion, but we were 3 points behind. So we needed to win and a few teams to lose in order to get up. We won our match, but two other teams picked up points, so we finished in 3rd. I think we have a shot at going up next season if the new players settle in well and contribute.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Stadlau, Draßburg and Wiener Viktoria before losing to Rheindorf Altach in the quarter final.

Notable players

Maximilian Pfeifer - He had a just unbelievable season from defensive midfielder. The general in our squad and the conductor of our chances.
Tidiane M'Baye - Once again our top scorer and main attacking outlet.
Maurice Berger 21b - The first of our youngsters to be mentioned here. A really good season in defence. Struggles with tackling and concedes too many yellow cards though.

Youth intake

Youth preview - At least we need a right back.
Youth intake - And the right back is gold! And a few other promising players as well.

Tim Brenning 22a - Talented wide man. Good crossing and speed.
Peter Alberst 22b - A left back I have need for. A bit on the slow side, but all in all a good player.
Vinko Miklic 22c - Ooof, what a player! Signed him for 3+3 years from the start!
Lasse Bruckert 22d - Very happy with a talented striker as we have little cover there.
Lutz Echsner 22e - Yet another central defender, but he is talented.

Ytqs8iA.png

FC Kufstein

Season 2022/23 Review - Sky Go Erste Liga - Austria

Another solid season. We had the chance of getting promoted around half way, but a poor showing at the restart after the winter break ruined it for us. So we finished in a very decent 4th place this time around. More of the young players are now in the squad, and I hope I can continue the transitional period next season, and with a bit of luck, push for a promotion.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Neumarkt/W., Austria XIII and FAC Team für Wien before losing to Sturm Graz in the quarter final.

Notable players

Maximilian Pfeifer - Still the playmaking general of the squad. A lot of assists and even more 3rd last.
Tidiane M'Baye - Still our top scorer and main outlet up front.
Vinko Miklic 22c - Simply an amazing young player. Capped for Croatia U21s and probably the best player in the squad.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Promising, and a fellow Norwegian as well.
Youth intake - Actually, I had hoped for more. Still some good players though.

Truls Grundt 23a - A really promising central midfielder. Not really any weak spots, so a Box-to-Box midfielder perhaps?
Mr. Sobot 23b - A really interesting wide player.

B6zEUvS.png

df61bea0b91e6cb92d4c5ec1d1ae8e11.png

Jedinstvo Ub

Season 2020/2021 - Review

Prva liga Srbije - This. ****ing. Game. It drove me slowly into the madness, with each new game post-winter break. Ended up 2nd placed following inconsistent but also brilliant first half of the season. Injuries to key players, suspensions at the wrong times really made my life a living hell during March and April as we picked up just two wins from eight games. And May... Such a freaking roller coaster of emotions. Just as we got our overdue win against Pirot and got back into direct promotion places, with everything back in our hands, this happened. Twice in the last 10 minutes of that game, i thought "that's it, we're going up", only for cruel fate to smack me back in the face. Final round, at our home ground, against (on paper) much stronger side. Former Super liga side. Match against Zarkovo brought me to the brink of insanity. But Rad... That one drove me straight the **** over. Diving in. I mean, just look at it. Picture say more than a thousand words could. Sat there in silence for a few minutes. Sharing my rage on Discord with my mates. Only when i got out of game, i saw it. ****ing hell!! Thank you, Lazar Markovic (not one from Liverpool), you absolute beauty!!

Kup Srbije - Went out early. Rotational players did their best against much illustrious opponent.

Top performers:

Nemanja Ratkovic - We missed him badly last year but this time around, he was mostly injury-free and easily shot up his way to second place in Prva liga top scorers chart.

Milan Jeremic - Elderly playmaker wasn't as good as he was last season, his creative well run dry but he was still one of our best players.

Milan Jovanovic 21g - I expected a lot more from Miroslav Krasic 21a, our top prospect from last years intake. And while he did decently enough (1 goal, 4 assists / 27 games), our least rated one exploded. His link up play with Ratkovic was top notch as the two developed fruitful partnership and while Ratkovic scored more, Jovanovic was responsible for more goals scored (14 goals, 8 assists). Brilliant first season for our youngster. Being supporting, pressing striker fit him like a glove.

21460365691d0554ca19cdec7dc2e8ce.png

585e30b96006b3680513deef16cc55dd.png

Top prospects:

While we were in better situation (finances-wise), my board rejected any notion of upgrading anything. At 100k balance, nah, no money for improvements. In the beginning of our second season, at 20k, sure mate, here you go. With our junior coaching and youth recruitment upped to average, i was cautiously optimistic about April and new boys coming in. Intake preview had me drooling. Two promising CB? Yes, please. Promising full back? Hell yeah!! We're struggling in defense, with one good albeit aging CD, one decent looking LB and nothing else. April couldn't come soon enough. Youngling from last years intake got called up for Hungary u21 national team but his lack of physicals or any sort of presence on the field hurts him.

Anyway, back to intake.

We've got some good ones.

113ee1272d9a4d37bcbd9bfa906a57c5.png

That's a lot of stars.

Stefan Drca - Second year in a row, our top rated prospect is an AMC, though this one seems a lot better. We're stuffed with technical midfielders...

Andrija Velickovic - Comparing to what we already have, this lad looks first team ready. Gotta improve mentally, though...

Stanko Dunjic - Defensive midfielder in the making though i'm not a fan of that high aggression / low decisions combo. Steven Taylor taught me that much...

Dragan Lovre - Would've preferred a right back since we're short in there but.. It'll do.

Zeljko Vukcevic - Even like this, he's our third best defender in the team. Decent spread of attributes, good enough in all the right places so this young lad will get his minutes next year.

Viktor Gobeljic - Vukcevic is physically superior but this brave lad doesn't look half bad at all...

Radosav Maric - With our backup left winger's desire to seek a new challenge, this lad is signed. We already have one from last year's intake, pretty much similar to Maric but hey, we need cover.

Goran Milanovic - Our u21 side need few more players...

Milos Tomic - Read above.

Mihailo Strizovic - Once more.

Pretty pleased with that. Got most of what we needed. And we're turning pro, courtesy of promotion to the top flight, so these lads will reap full benefits and can train full time. I'm having few thoughts, to get rid off all 32+ years old players and drop some of these boys straight into the action. Baptism by fire. And even if we get relegated, which is a fair assumption, they'll come back to Prva liga much more stronger, with a year of top football in their legs. Still musing about that. But most likely, i'll drop the axe.

14eb6f8c9b7b47f06558babf1c12b0ae.png

Edited by Constantine

JZB0NZb.png

TSV Havelse | Table | SquadTransfers | Season 2032/33 (13th Season)

Season Review:

This was a difficult season and full of surprises one too. At the beginning were our results very much of a mixed bag. One game we played superbly but then the next one we completely failed. Then came the mid of the season which was even more awful. We couldn't win a single match anymore so we have quickly found ourselves in the relegation zone. One of the reasons for this is also the introduction of some new youngsters to the first team. But anyway, the results were unacceptable so I started to test the new tactic. Luckily this change gave us better results and we finished the season well safe in the 14th place.

In the DFB-Pokal we beat Jeddeloh before we lost agains Kaiserslautern in the 2nd Round.

In December we had elections for the new Board president. Christopher Geyer came out as a winner and he immediately impressed me with youth facilities and youth coaching upgrade. But unfortunately, he also arranged two transfers for which I didn't have the power to stop them. Although would David Northover and Ramon Graf help our team massively I put them in the reserve team and on the transfer list right after they joined us. The rules are the rules. I hope that I will sell them at the start of the next season to get some money we spend back.

The best player of this season was defender Roman Birk. He didn't play as much as in the previous season due to the long term injury but anyway his stats were good and I'm happy to have him in my team. The additional two players that marked this season and I need to mention are Jörg Kleinsorge and Kerem Çetin. The former was a top scorer this season while the latter was the player with most assists under his belt.

Youth Academy:

The best three players from this season's youth intake were:

• Jacopo Gallo, a pacey winger with an option to be retrained also to LB
  • Dominic Brackelmann, determined inside forward with good physical skills
  • Osman Diken, yet another goalkeeper with big potential - the future on goal is bright for our club as we have three goalkeepers with big potential in the youth team

Overview:

su0WLyX.png

Edited by uroszila

Congrats @Miek :applause:

As for me I've not really been in the mood for football this week (anyone that followed the last day of the Championship will know why :() but after being out all day yesterday I'm spending the day on my sofa so will likely fire up the laptop and see how it goes :D 

47 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

As for me I've not really been in the mood for football this week (anyone that followed the last day of the Championship will know why :() but after being out all day yesterday I'm spending the day on my sofa so will likely fire up the laptop and see how it goes :D 

Yeah, I thought about you when I saw it. And it's gotta be annoying to think that you would have gone up if you had won against one of the bottom sides at home in the final match... Hope you guys nail it in the playoffs though!

Random question, but where do you find the option to fine a player for missing training? It never comes up on the news item for me for U20s players. Had to release one of my tagged players for what feels like two bugs - first he requested a loan then got annoyed about me not finding a club when nobody was interested, then he started skipping training and I couldn't fine him, which annoyed other players. He was far from my best, but still... :mad:

2 hours ago, b101 said:

Random question, but where do you find the option to fine a player for missing training? It never comes up on the news item for me for U20s players. Had to release one of my tagged players for what feels like two bugs - first he requested a loan then got annoyed about me not finding a club when nobody was interested, then he started skipping training and I couldn't fine him, which annoyed other players. He was far from my best, but still... :mad:

I think, could be wrong here, but it should come under the code of conduct at the start of the season? I've never actually looked at it but all my other fines come based on that. Not had a player skip training  yet so not too sure 

4 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

I think, could be wrong here, but it should come under the code of conduct at the start of the season? I've never actually looked at it but all my other fines come based on that. Not had a player skip training  yet so not too sure 

Cheers and yeah, that's usually no problem when they're in the senior squad. Think the issue must be that he was in the U20s so I couldn't fine him and it didn't come under the code of conduct... I'll see if I can find an option to take control of the U20s Code of Conduct - maybe that's it.

FC Kufstein

Season 2023/24 (Season 4) Review - Sky Go Erste Liga - Austria

Well, this was some season. We started the season really good, but we still were quite a ways behind Austria Lustenau who won their 9 first matches and got a huge lead. They had a bit of a mare after that though, when they lost the next 4 matches without scoring a goal. So overconfident, I'd say. We caught up with them and battled for the top spot the rest of the season. Going into the two final matches we had a 6 point lead, so we only needed a single point in the two last matches. When we lost the first one and they won, I got nervous we'd bottle it completely. But we won our final match to clinch the title and promotion, while Austria Lustenau lost theirs so we would have won it either way. Still, going up will be exciting and I'm looking forward to how the squad compares to the teams above us.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Hertha 1912 before losing to Rapid Wien in the 2nd round.

Notable players

Truls Grundt 23a - What a first season for him. Scored a few goals and assisted a lot. Simply the engine of the team. Capped for Norway U21s, and a lot of teams are sniffing around.
Vinko Miklic 22c - A really good season from the right back, but a few injuries made his contributions less than I had hoped.
Maximilian Pfeifer - Still our deep playmaker, but the rest of the team have caught up a bit with him now.

Youth intake

Youth preview - A Turkish winger, interesting!
Youth intake - Some talents, but what happened to that Turkish talent, he looks horrible!

Maximilian Däuble 24a - A decent central midfielder talent.
Finn Altsinger 24b - Yet another good central defender.
Alexander Adlhoch 24c - A striker who cannot finish very well. Otherwise very talented.

oYB6FuT.png

One of my best defenders didn't want to talk new contract at all, so I kind of had to sell him.

mlzuGlB.png

Icr72zT.png

He is a really good player, but I got a lot of money for him and 50% of the profit of next sale, so if he sells for big money at least we'll get our fair share. I didn't want to sell him, but I've gotten a lot of central defenders in the intakes, so I think we are well stacked there.

8 hours ago, Vélodrome said:

@XaW Impressed by the consistency showed by Austria Klagenfurt in the first three seasons at your save, shame they improved in the fourth. Congratulations on your promotion.  

Thanks! It turns out that Austrian top football is a bit harder than the 2nd tier. Still hoping to survive though!

As for Austria Klagenfurt, they had a blimp last season, but currently, they are......12th in the league! ;)

8 hours ago, manutdfan1999 said:

So think I’ve decided on the team I’ll be managing in Germany. Called Loz Leipzig will post the pics needed tomorrow 

Good luck in Germany, it's a fun league, but financials are hard until you get promoted to the 2nd tier. Also remember that youth players cannot play until they are 17 (sort of based on their ago on January 1st current season), so you might have to wait a season in order to get youth players registered for the league. Not a major problem, but a bit annoying the first few seasons when you really need the new players.

Edited by XaW

After reading all 86 pages I've en inspired to start my ow challenge! I've done the dafuge challenge a couple of times and this seems like the next step up, so here we go!

truro.thumb.jpg.c6f1e898a9280aa2f1cc2787ca69aa3e.jpg

I randomly chose Truro, because why not? Immediately spotted the main problem, I had no natural central midfielders in the squad at all. Sarted to retrain a full back and AM and off I went. 4 wins from our first 4 games saw me smugly deciding that this challenge was the easiest one yet, losing the next 7 in a row out an end to that. We soon setted into classic mid-table form.

It quickly dawned on me that the  main issue in season 1 was tying my best first teamers down as long term contracts as I could. I had 4 that I could not afford to lose and most of my season was spent convincing them to extend their contracts. When my best player agreed a new 2 year deal  at £300 under his openinng demand I celebrated like winning the FA Cup.

First youth intake promised me a golden generation but as I as starting with such a low bar I didn't read too much into it. Was pleasantly surprised when it threw up at least 3 who could walk straight into my team though, as well as a potential 5 star keeper.

Next season I'll again just be hoping to stay up. A good cup run would help too as i lost 200k over the course of the season This challenge really is about the long haul isn't it?

youthseason1.thumb.JPG.25c8c4a685788ee7e58b9be97d61a856.JPG

edit: spellings...

Edited by libbyshuss

8 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

This challenge really is about the long haul isn't it?

You got it. The main difference here is that simply; you cannot buy your way out of trouble. So quite a few in here use spreadsheets to find players to retrain and make sure development is on schedule and all those things, so we take it way too seriously! :D

FC Kufstein

Season 2024/25 (Season 5) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Relegation GroupSquad | Transfers | Finances

So, as it turns out, Austrian top tier is pretty hard! And look at Red Bull Salzburg! They won all 22 of the league games in the normal stage! Mental! But that is the challenge, and the main thing was simply to survive, and we did. But mostly because Hartberg were so, oh so poor. At least we were in touching distance to the teams above, Hartberg just had a shocker. Still, a great learning experience, and now I've understood how the league split works I can work towards new goals. Still not sure how the European playoff thing works yet, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Elektra before losing to Sturm Graz in the 2nd round.

Notable players

Truls Grundt 23a - Oh, he is such a good player! Even with us struggling he did amazing!
Maximilian Pfeifer - Still shows that he is capable of playing in the top tier. Doesn't get as involved in goals as he used to, but controls play.
Vinko Miklic 22c - Got capped for Croatia this season, and the big teams are closing in on him. Don't know I can keep him happy much longer.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Mongolian midfielder? Haven't seen that before!
Youth intake - A pretty good intake, I must say!

Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - I think it's quite clear he is the best Mongolian footballer of all time already! He is going straight into the first team, and a VERY long contract!
Moritz Abschlag 25b - A really talented goalkeeper, and I think is 2nd choice already.

YSZ8LcY.png

Logo.png.451c77449d120de5594b741f342aafe5.pngHari.png.c73c49cff7e82198e4b5f74613bb9a8f.png

JALKAPALLOSEURA HERCULES

Season 9 - Finnish First Division (2nd)

Despite dropping in to the First Division last season, this was definitely my favourite year so far in Finland. Even with the disappointment of the end of season developments, I can look on this season with fresh optimism.

I decided before the league started that the team needed re-energising, so I let some of the originals go, and introduced some of the youth players with the best potential, and did they impress! We immediately turned in to a team that created far more chances than we did previously, and they seemed to be playing with more freedom than the outgoing originals. I was a breath of fresh air. We progressed through the group stages of the Finnish Cup, and made a great start to the league campaign. Losing in the cup second round was a bit of a set-back, and a mild blip mid season in the league left us in 2nd place in the table, and therefore qualifying for another play-off match. We won the semi final, but lost out in the final to VPS of the Premier League. We were favourites to win that match, but suffered a heavy 3-0 away defeat, drawing 0-0 at home.

The was news after the match that the club are returning to semi-pro life, which is a shame, but the cost of being pro was a big stumbling block in our progress, so hopefully these fortunes change. So I am not too disheartened about that.

LEAGUE TABLE

1605328147_LeagueTable1.thumb.png.a0f070c01bf0342cd274f2412964d179.png

835668579_LeagueTable2.thumb.png.c3d12e6fcb2aa2600087685443cb9656.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Foos Afrah 06a is a real fans (and manager) favourite. Only 20 years of age, and instantly has become our best player. There hasn't been any real interest in him yet, but I expect to be fielding some calls next season.

499903014_FoosAfrah06a.thumb.png.17f5d4c4e70d3e3e3087d34ff272e125.png

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Foos Afrah 06a, won this award too, but I should give a shout out to two other rookies this year, Aleksi Palosaari 08a and Juho Pitkanen 08j.

46580343_AleksiPalosaari08a.thumb.png.a3b3edd494f410e7880dc20a31a017c6.png

1301082862_JuhoPitkanen08j.thumb.png.65449cfe6ebb505180f2c55b1df16a33.png

YOUTH INTAKE

Absolutely rubbish. Nothing to add.

Intake.thumb.png.a0bb299599d56aced7bb7d7b1600c345.png

IMPROVEMENTS

Nothing.

TRANSFERS

Transfers.thumb.png.e45a0279745adf1f5b6cc44eaecdbbe4.png

PROGRESS

Progress.thumb.png.1faa3a5ceaf7160e2e011b621e78b895.png

Finally...

As previously stated. We're now semi-pro again, and we also have a Russian U21 International!

1776705075_SemiPro.thumb.png.62faad6b16f45d98278dc63424544af9.png

5 hours ago, XaW said:

FC Kufstein

Season 2024/25 (Season 5) Review - tipp3-Bundesliga - Austria

League | Relegation GroupSquad | Transfers | Finances

So, as it turns out, Austrian top tier is pretty hard! And look at Red Bull Salzburg! They won all 22 of the league games in the normal stage! Mental! But that is the challenge, and the main thing was simply to survive, and we did. But mostly because Hartberg were so, oh so poor. At least we were in touching distance to the teams above, Hartberg just had a shocker. Still, a great learning experience, and now I've understood how the league split works I can work towards new goals. Still not sure how the European playoff thing works yet, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat Elektra before losing to Sturm Graz in the 2nd round.

Notable players

Truls Grundt 23a - Oh, he is such a good player! Even with us struggling he did amazing!
Maximilian Pfeifer - Still shows that he is capable of playing in the top tier. Doesn't get as involved in goals as he used to, but controls play.
Vinko Miklic 22c - Got capped for Croatia this season, and the big teams are closing in on him. Don't know I can keep him happy much longer.

Youth intake

Youth preview - Mongolian midfielder? Haven't seen that before!
Youth intake - A pretty good intake, I must say!

Ganbold Mönkh-Erdene 25a - I think it's quite clear he is the best Mongolian footballer of all time already! He is going straight into the first team, and a VERY long contract!
Moritz Abschlag 25b - A really talented goalkeeper, and I think is 2nd choice already.

YSZ8LcY.png

Are you srsly with this Mongolian xD??

So im already through half of my first season and im doing way better than expected. Also had some players that have good personalities which is proving useful for mentoring. This is something i didnt have the luxury of in my katwijk save

7a9ab354e2bb8afabe6766af178ea92a.png

Palermo - 2022/23 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Transfers

League

Way more than I hoped for. We had a season of very tough runs of fixtures then easy runs, but crucially kept picking up narrow wins here and there rather than drawing too many. We really don't create that many chances, but don't give away that many either - it took Juve an 86th min Ronaldo penalty to equalise in the first game and that really set the tone. I think we're a few years away from being able to be a bit more expansive with our game, but I'll take 11th! It did help that Hellas Verona and Crotone were just awful all season. Wouldn't be surprised if we finished lower next season - the 8 points between us and Fiorentina doesn't do that gulf in class justice.   

League Table

Key Players

More this time than in future years as it's the first one. Sadly, I couldn't persuade Floriano to reconsider his retirement, so we're into Serie B with even fewer strikers...

Alessandro Martinelli (CM) - Chipped in with key goals again (penalties helped!) and generally very solid.
Raimondo Lucera (RM turned ST) - 14 goals for his first season in Serie A is really pleasing. We need to get him more service, but it's hard without compromising our defence. Great season from him.

Youth Intake

Had high hopes after upgrading Junior Coaching and Recruitment twice and Youth Facilities once since the last intake. I also changed my HoYD and boy did he come up big. Never tagged anywhere near this many players, but I could see all of them being involved in our squad in three or four years. Not sure there's a game-changer here in the way that we got with Perri last year, but I really needed depth and this helps hugely.

Intake

Michele Valerio (YP3a) - CB - Bags of potential compared to our current CBs (who aren't bad) and a really nice starting point with his attributes.
Pietro Carboni (YP3b) - ST - should be a good bench player in future. A few very raw areas, but he might make a solid poacher. Two footed, which is a plus.
Gabriel Pinton (YP3c) - D/AMR - again, great raw attributes and could see him being our next WBR. Can take his time in learning from Ambro for now.
Bryan Lavorini (YP3d) - AMRL - Needed a good winger to give us more options and Bryan might feature as early as next year.
Yuri Ferrai (YP3e) - AML/ST - I think he might not make it, but we'll try training him as an Inside Forward
Gianni Ferrazo (YP3F) - DRLC -  Ugh. So much good but so many key attributes that are so low. If we can turn those 5s on Pace/Accel/Marking/Anticipation/Concentration to 10, he'll be great for us, but it's a big ask.
Sergio Mustica (YP3g) - D/DMC - Solid attributes, but hoping potential is a bit higher than it looks.
Salvatore Baiocco (YP3h) - WBR - Or maybe this is our wing#back?

Facilities and FInance

As mentioned before, upgraded everything again. Love being in Serie A with 4m annual wages (for comparison, Juve pay 293m...). Finances looking great as well.

Progression

Season  |  League   |   Pos.  |   Cup     |     Europe     |  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21 |    C/C    |   1st   |  1st Qrd  |      n/a       |  
2021/22 |     B     |   1st   |  3rd Qrd  |      n/a       |  
2022/23 |     A     |   11th  |  3rd Qrd  |      n/a       |  
Edited by b101

image.jpeg.fab37b602d74c3e676a4b797e8151c57.jpeg

Season 27 2046/2047

A slow start, and an overall average season. We played in Watford stadium and we suffered from poor results at home. 1.48pts/home-1,39pts/away. Basically, we played the whole season away :P  Brady 22a won the best youth of the league, and Nikolaou 19a, the best player. Mills24a keeps improving and Campos 11a will play one more season with us, so he can reach the appearance record. 

1100600_20200727201333_1.thumb.png.e69166a9329d9b97ee0417c0152cde9d.png1100600_20200727201402_1.thumb.png.b8a09484fcba5c14b3b0aa253f2f18ac.png

Cups went poorly as usual. It is weird how hard it became to won a single game in cups since i am in Championship.

No notable sales. I am being raided by Premier League clubs every season, and there is nothing i can do about it lol. Every year, they hired 4-5 persons from my staff. This is annoying.

1100600_20200727201418_1.thumb.png.0909aa20016ab6f6b112edb6c97b88be.png1100600_20200727201623_1.thumb.png.80d0a89dbc75eb51e9ef848f0f05e87d.png

A similar youth intake to 24th season, with 2 high CA/PA newgens, and the rest is average. No golden generation despite being annouced a "terrific" year.

The 2 hot prospects are unambitious with low determination but they look really promising. I really needed a GK and a right winger.

1100600_20200725191740_1.thumb.png.dbc7555434e3784029b446a840d9993c.png1100600_20200727201458_1.thumb.png.1506819265059a318ce4e59e045511db.png

Aim: Reach play-offs.

1918087949_Annotation2020-07-27202351.thumb.png.c044dcd610867aab28d59632b4467ec2.png

Edited by SpS_Zen

GKS Katowice.png

Railwayman - GKS Katowice 

I'm going to turn the miners football club into the minors football club!

They were pretty decent in the 90's, close to winning the league a few times before they dropped pretty rapidly. 

Here we go :)

df61bea0b91e6cb92d4c5ec1d1ae8e11.png

Jedinstvo Ub

Season 2022/2023 - Review

Linglong Tire Super liga (God, how much i hate this name) - We survived, rather comfortably... A very welcome surprise, considering hard start to our top flight life. After drubbing Zvezda gave us, we went on a great run of form, losing only once till middle of February and second encounter with Dejan Stankovic and his Crvena zvezda side, where we managed a record defeat. They're just so overwhelmingly powerful and my 16 years old center-backs couldn't cope with their 17/17 acceleration/pace beast Josip Popovic. Yeah, ultimately i've decided to let go of some of the oldies and drop few kids straight into action. It was a struggle, especially in the beginning but it was worth it in the end. Zeljko Vukcevic developed really, really well and ended picking up few Montenegro u21 caps. Viktor Gobeljic had a slow start because i had to wait till March to switch him to full time contract but he's following his partner in defense nicely, even rubbing on him with his Spirited personality. Speaking of it, i'm on the market for new HoYD. Got one with Resilient personality, who fit our play style like a glove, decent Determination yet almost all we get are Unambitious players. Went off topic, sorry. Overall, league wise, this was spectacular season for us. We won't be challenging for title for another 8, 9, 10 years for sure, Zvezda and Partizan are ridiculously OP but i'm hoping for a top 4 sneak in in the next five years. Finances are dire, we're bleeding money, board seemingly doesn't care (though they did grant me upgraded Junior Coaching following that one preseason meeting where they ask you about improvements; they wanted more wages for scouts, i convinced them to go for JC). There's still more money in wage budget, luckily my players doesn't ask for much (that's about to change surely) but i don't know how long we'll last without some cash flowing in.

Kup Srbije - We stumbled and fell over first obstacle. Embarrassing. Might focus more on it next year. As **** as it reward money is, every penny count. And with favorable draw, we might have more chance getting into Europe through it.

Top performers:

Nemanja Ratkovic - Second season in a row, our top scorer. Did way better at the top level than i thought he would. But he's getting older. And slower...

Mirko Curguz - He might have conceded some really stupid goals. And is yet to save any free kick coming on target. But when he's "in" the game, in the zone, my elementary school buddy can be brilliant.

Nikola Radojicic - He's started to decline, he's made some stupid mistakes that costs us goals but he's for now still most stable and consistent player in our back line.

db4efb44f0318ce00830ab730d3f7d45.png

3df81da7f45df4b169a56176b25d7ec3.png

Top prospects:

This year's crop wasn't as good as last one was but still... Some fine looking players in there.

680938a67006567f1b4ac8b1e355fbde.png74dc926ef92f39e034d39fe664131b8f.png

Mirko Raosavljevic - Top of his class. Need some work on his obvious flaws but hopefully we'll mold him into fine striker. Ratkovic won't be here forever...

Velimir Stankovic - Don't know what to do with this lad. Looks decent, can potentially play in a number of positions. Going to have to figure out where to fit him.

Ivica Velickovic - BBM in the making, IMO.

Miso Vesovic - Obvious flaws for both positions he's natural in but we'll see how he develops...

Bojan Pjevic - Honestly, would've put him between the sticks day one but... Freaking anticipation. Gonna work on it first.

Martin Farkas - Another CD. Yes, please. Looks decent enough, he's getting into rotation next season. Also, love that last name.

Milan Sankovic - Decent spread of attributes but going into reserves for now.

Rajko Mijic - Bolstering the reserves.

Pretty pleased with our first season in Super liga. Serbia have two ridiculously strong sides, Crvena zvezda and Partizan, few clubs one level below in Vojvodina, Cukaricki and Vozdovac but everyone else seemed like a fair game to us. I don't know. Just an impression i've got. Might be proven wrong next year. We'll see. Hopefully board will pump some money into club, i'd like to improve our facilities first as we got the worst one in top two divisions. Recruitment and coaching, they're at good enough levels for now.

57caa621ffddc73e5ee4326ea406c66d.png

Edited by Constantine
Added Career Summary

truro.thumb.jpg.85d4a44394d62b2b77ae9eb2fc06e424.jpg

Seaon 2  2021/22

Vanarama National League South

Finished: 11th

Season Review

Not a bad season considering we were one of the favouritres for relegation. We were never in any danger and with a little more consistency we could have made the playoffs. A run of 3 victories taking us within a point would inevitable be followed by a winless run of 5. The fact we lost to the bottom team and beat the eventual chamjpions kind of sums it up really.

No joy from the cups sadly, going out in the 4th round qualifying of the FA Cup to Hemel Hempstead Town, who won promotion to the VNL last season. They were just too strong.

Players

Really pleased to see my top youth prospect from last seasons batch make an immediate impact. His free kick rating of 13 is a godsend in this league, i lost count of the  amount of goals we got as a result of his deliveries. Hopefully he can improve as he gets older but his determination has already gone down. Whoops.

Managed to secure my top 4 first team players for another season. Without them I'd really struggle in this league, especially Rooney up front. Just need a couple more of the youth team to break through.

Youth Intake

Another potential  golden generation!

youthintake22.thumb.JPG.01eb81a5bbdc65f40a2f223ca484604d.JPG     

Altthough the final intake wasn't quite as good it's still fairly promising. Not likely to be a golden generation though, and sadly none that can step straight into the first team.

finalyouth22.thumb.JPG.cb6660785df625966cdf03c1511f8ae6.JPG

Finances/Upgrades

This is the real problem at the minute. We're still leaking money at a fairly alarming rate and made a 200k loss again. We now sit 400k in the red and as a result the board refuse any and all upgrade requests.

The wage bill is well under budget and staff is fairly minimal also. We really, really need a good cup run to get our heads above water. Either that or major investment from some Cornish billionaire.

I am enjoying this challenge though. It's much quicker getting through seasons as I'm not spending hours on the transfer market and any small achievement suddenly means so much more! Long, long way to go yet....

season2.thumb.JPG.835053a970a763a7ac721b7cbab6be19.JPG

Ouch @Padders! I'm sure you won't give up!

I've gone 13 unbeaten at my new club..

Something strange is happening on this file: I'm overachieving massively!

I loaded all players from Poland so maybe that is why? Board have even agreed to improve youth facilities already!

I'm second at winter break. Into the quarter finals of the FA Cup... I'm suspicious!  

Edited by TheRailwaymen

GKS_Katowice.png

Railwayman - 2020/21- GKS Katowice - Polish First Division 2nd (promoted)

Year Division Position FA Cup Europe Top Scorer Top assists Top Ave Rating Training Facilities Youth Facilities Academy Training Youth Recruitment
2021 Polish First Division 2nd Semi final - Rogalski - 13 Blad - 8 Swedzik 7.20 Adequate Below Average Average Average

Transfers    Polish First Division  Homepage  Youth Prospects Profile

I don't know.

This has never happened to me! If anyone was paying attention to my 5 seasons of stagnation on Denmark you will know I am not some kind of FM wizard. And yet the team were incredible this season, knocking out several bigger clubs in the FA cup and being pretty unshakeable in the league. We even survived our top scorer until Christmas breaking his leg, Rogalski stepped up and filled the void amazingly well. I even got my first coaching badge which is nice! 

Youth prospects were ok, got a few defenders which is nice as I am struggling for depth at the back. Could do with a rightback pretty quickly.