The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FoxGe1994 said:

Is it allowed to use affiliation clubs for better intakes? :D

If you mean clubs that send youth players your way before they are generated by the game, then yes, because they are a part of the youth intake each year.

If you mean so you can buy them from other clubs, then no, because no transfers.

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

If you mean clubs that send youth players your way before they are generated by the game, then yes, because they are a part of the youth intake each year.

If you mean so you can buy them from other clubs, then no, because no transfers.

Yeah i meant youth players who are send before they are generated :D

I will try this challenge then - starting in England. :D

Right , I've been a spectator of this thread for long enough. I'm going to dip my toes in the Fountain of Youth, and hopefully something comes out of Belarus. From the editor, the reset date is February 14. I'll be simming straight to that date and picking whichever team tickles my fancy. 

My setup:

93ede21dc8d9f9cb821a55c3618deca7.png

I have selected a large database, with players from top clubs, and players from teams in continental competitions. I have also loaded all players based in Belarus to hopefully get a full team in.

Holidaying as I type...

Good luck in Belarus @shaunvamos! Had a fun run there a while ago. And if I remember correctly, there were a team with 20/20/20 in all youth categories there from the lower leagues some versions ago, but can't remember the name....

Good job stay up in the Championship, @Padders! I think that was where I hit my ceiling in FM19 with Kettering, and I had to stay there for a few seasons before I could manage a challenge for the PL. The jump between League Two and One isn't that big, but League One to the Championship is massive!

21 minutes ago, XaW said:

Good luck in Belarus @shaunvamos! Had a fun run there a while ago. And if I remember correctly, there were a team with 20/20/20 in all youth categories there from the lower leagues some versions ago, but can't remember the name....

If I am not mistaking, it is RGUOR Minsk. We have very few info about his club on the internet (at least in English/French/Spanish, languages that I can speak). What I know is that it was meant to be the academy for youth development of Belarus, somehow like "Clairefontaine" in France. But at some point it became a club and now they have very good facilities but they are not growing. I do not know their stats in FM20 though.

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Good job stay up in the Championship, @Padders! I think that was where I hit my ceiling in FM19 with Kettering, and I had to stay there for a few seasons before I could manage a challenge for the PL. The jump between League Two and One isn't that big, but League One to the Championship is massive!

Thank you, I never got out of Vanarma in FM19!!

48 minutes ago, KrKAlex said:

If I am not mistaking, it is RGUOR Minsk. We have very few info about his club on the internet (at least in English/French/Spanish, languages that I can speak). What I know is that it was meant to be the academy for youth development of Belarus, somehow like "Clairefontaine" in France. But at some point it became a club and now they have very good facilities but they are not growing. I do not know their stats in FM20 though.

Yeah, that was the one!

In other news, I finally have a stadium named after me! Well, I will in a few years time.

h9CNjAY.png

1 hour ago, XaW said:

39 minutes ago, KrKAlex said:

Thanks @XaW, and yes, @KrKAlex is correct, it is RGUOR Minsk, but looking at the editor their facilities are not all 20s, although they are the best across the board in the country. They also look too low to be a choice for this challenge. Anyway, after a few minor adjustments with the logo files, I have picked a team:

Dnepr Mogilev

8e99cb0efd8973e505db072e8bb9dcaa.png

49929bcd4e32308e0516b51f70f3423a.png

A club that formed in 2019  out of a merger between former top division teams Luch Minsk & Dnyapro Mogilev. They have among the best facilities in the country (including good junior coaching) and a stadium that's twice as big as everyone else in the league. Hopefully that gives us a bit of an advantage, but I'll have to keep the job long enough to profit from it!

f68f447c5cad814e9c8455a991bb2c8d.png

A decent squad in terms of ability, but any injuries will cripple us.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2037/38 Youth Intake Report

Image result for palermo fc

Had limited data, so I've a lot of updates to catch you up on. I realise brevity will be welcome. 

But, you know, don't get your hopes up.

20200330200245_1.thumb.jpg.3815051d003722eaa35a577e7fe661aa.jpg

One good player, but pretty dire other than that. I’m only going to offer contracts to 5 of them, because absolutely none of them have a good personality.

I usually do offer contracts to kids who are Resolute or the like. In fact 1 Resolute kid from a couple of intakes ago, Marco Saba (YP16), was supposed to have the least potential of that entire crop, but he has improved a lot, and might well carve out a career in Serie C. He was projected as having about 1 star potential.

Anyway, back to this year, our one bright light

20200330200719_1.thumb.jpg.c361a9fbcea51f5c548a0e8428c875c6.jpg

Alberto D'Antoni YP18a – A central midfielder. Not sure from his stats what’s supposed to be so good about him, but I’ll put him in the first team squad to improve his personality, and maybe give him a couple of matches at the end of the season.

The other 4 I’m giving contracts to probably won’t amount to much, but if any of them really do get to 3 star ability, that’s good enough for my first team in most positions.

So 4 intakes ago.

Benedetto Sciacca YP14a – A central defender who hasn’t developed, but did play in one first team cup tie.

Filippo Ventura YP14b – Released on a free transfer. Playing in Serie C.

Antonino Palermo YP14c – Sold for free.

All of the other players I gave Youth Contracts to have been dumped off as well.

At the time I thought it was my worst intake ever, and it was.

The laptop with my main save with Belfast Celtic FC in Northern Ireland is not available to me for the foreseeable future.

So after failing miserably in my native Denmark as well as Scotland, I have decided to start a new attempt at this challenge, and upload my progress here.

This time I have hopefully given myself easier starting conditions by starting with FC United of Manchester in England. A very decent squad, relatively good intake facilities and healthy starting finances.

Moreover, as a Manchester United fan, I should have no problem relating to the club and immersing myself in the save.

So meet the new manager of FC United.

@FoxGe1994: Good luck as well with FC United, and to others as well.

Edited by andershs

5 minutes ago, andershs said:

The laptop with my main save with Belfast Celtic FC in Northern Ireland is not available to me for the foreseeable future.

So after failing miserably in my native Denmark as well as Scotland, I have decided to start a new attempt at this challenge, and upload my progress here.

This time I have hopefully given myself easier starting conditions by starting with FC United of Manchester in England. A very decent squad, relatively good intake facilities and healthy starting finances.

Moreover, as a Manchester United fan, I should have no problem relating to the club and immersing myself in the save.

@FoxGe1994: Good luck as weel with FC United, and to others as well.

Good luck too (held og lykke) :D

Having my first intake soon - facilities are decent for this level. :D

3 minutes ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Good luck too (held og lykke) :D

Having my first intake soon - facilities are decent for this level. :D

Thanks. Fingers crossed - the most exciting date all year. :)

I think one of the biggest challenges will be to keep hold of the starting squad and tie the best players down on longer contracts.

7 minutes ago, andershs said:

Thanks. Fingers crossed - the most exciting date all year. :)

I think one of the biggest challenges will be to keep hold of the starting squad and tie the best players down on longer contracts.

I made it to the second round of the FA Cup - lost 7-0 against QPR, but made alot of money. 

Does anyone know the two dates for France? The date to stop and save on and then the date to holiday to? 

I am wanting to do this challenge as SC Bastia who start the game in the 4th Tier of France after their financial relegation from 2nd Tier to 5th Tier two years ago.

Thank you!

27Christian27

QsfJsB1.png

An Italian left back, you say... Well, he'll come in handy with my Argentinian goalkeeper and Maltese striker! International Iceland! It seems like the improved youth recruitment and the affiliate teams are doing their bit, even if I don't have any affiliates in Argentina or Italy.

17 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Starting with FC United - here is prove for save:

382408501_Trner2020.thumb.PNG.0f0133e3a0134c5ca8b574e3f734dad2.PNG

Oprykning.thumb.PNG.d46d4c365c70dc3c2dc4f314f49b78da.PNG

Status.thumb.PNG.fbb1708c0d5c815a85ead749b7e552db.PNG

1345761695_Faciliteter2020.thumb.PNG.239be83e9acdad0e1445414dafc5bbbe.PNG

898736185_Hold2020.thumb.PNG.b9db121e14f379476a8a41d91d4209fa.PNG

Good luck, I also started 2 days ago with FC United, I hope we will not compete between each other. This might be a good opportunity to compare which players are performing, which are not according to our playstyle. :thup:

14 hours ago, andershs said:

@FoxGe1994: Good luck as well with FC United, and to others as well.

Oh, you too with FC United. It was the most appealing from the promotion apparently. Good luck, let's get Manchester the city of the FC United!

Vikeologist's Palermo 2037/38 Champions League Report

Group Stage

A much smoother and less stressful progression this season. We won 5 of our 6 matches and topped the group.

Next up is Olympique Lyonnais, which should be navigable.

1st Knockout Round (if applicable)

Spoiler

Palermo 5-1 Olympique Lyonnais

All reassuringly drama free so far.

But from here on in it’s likely to get much tougher.

Our next opponents, Man City, who knocked us out our first attempt 5 years ago, and who’ve we failed to beat the 4 matches we’ve played in the competition. Revenge time.

Quarter Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Palermo 2-6  Man City

In the first leg at home we dominated, but could only score 1 goal. City didn’t have a show on goal until extra time, which they converted to secure an unwelcome 1-1 draw.

Then in Manchester, we were awful, and they were clinical. It was a dreadful performance.

So our hopes crushed for another season.

Semi Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

N/A

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

N/A

The legend Hjörtur Geir Þórarinsson 29a just turned down a transfer to the US after they bid his release clause! Amazing lad!

NuGfD4b.png

lL1V8v3.png

FC Dnepr Mogilev - 2020 Season Review

Competitions  |  Squad  |  Transfers  |  

Quick disclaimer, the transfer made was done on 21 January, nearly a whole month before I took over. He played in a position we didn't use anyway, so that was kind of a waste.  However, the season went really well, we were never in danger of being relegated despite being expected to finish bottom convincingly. We had a good cup run as well before losing 2-0 to top division side Torpedo Zhodino. With the addition of our youth intake we should have enough depth to cover for injuries or suspensions, which did not happen this season. I'm pretty optimistic, but that will of course result in me being relegated now that I've said that :lol: 

Youth Intake

221a3d80599140f12cb3683695559629.png

Oleg Koteshev 1A | Alexey Plaskonnyi 1B  | Alexey Kozel 1D

Not a bad intake at all (they beat our non-existent U19s 5-0), although I do think our CAs are blown out of proportion due to only having 17 players. Still, this gives us much needed depth to our squad which will hopefully help us consolidate our status in this division. 

Progress

c143fec277707496a6767c1a4ccd4a45.png

Just now, shaunvamos said:

14466448557b2073414ef138e0463392.png

So you're saying it's a good intake?

It's a great intake! It's just all the players that are poor. But the intake is excellent in itself! Went without any issue!

3 hours ago, KrKAlex said:

Oh, you too with FC United. It was the most appealing from the promotion apparently. Good luck, let's get Manchester the city of the FC United!

@andershs @KrKAlex

We could make a threath for FC United where we post our run? Would add a bit of tension for the save :D

Have to restart the challenge - game crashed and won't let me open it. :onmehead:

But will go for FC United again.:D

Edited by FoxGe1994

@darren1983 Brazil, if starting from 2020 season re-sets 2 January 2021

Starting again, this time in Brazil with ABC FC.  Fun fact, supposedly no club has one the same championship more times than ABC FC have, with 55 titles in the Campeonato Potiguar. 

General Info

Facilities

Youth Players to watch - 2020 Season

Sidcley - Young right back, not quite ready to be the main man for the position but one to watch

Nem - Goalkeeper - see above. 

FC Dnepr Mogilev - 2021 Season Review

Competitions  |  Squad  |  Transfers  |  Alexandr Poznyak

Definitely second season syndrome here, we were in trouble for a majority of the season, never in the relegation zone but very very close. What saved us was a change in the tactics that saw us lose one game in our remaining 9 (winning 3 & drawing 5). Again, given we were expected to finish dead last this can be seen as a huge win, and this intake will only bolster our ranks. At the beginning of the season we sold our first choice keeper to current league champions Dinamo Minsk for $20k (40k-ish pounds) with a 50% sell-on clause, which we could afford to do because we are very deep at GK at the moment. So hopefully he gets moved on to a bigger club and we benefit financially from it, because we need it.

Youth Intake

abf9a9a3829cfe6de817ecd1f86b696f.png

Evgeniy Fedorov 2A*  |  Alexandr Pigulevskiy 2B  |  Mikhail Dashkevich 2C

Another very deep intake, with some players who can do a job for us next season. Any depth is good depth.

Progress

8b4cc48c865fb6e9cce80e9d19338879.png

Edited by shaunvamos

FC United (England)
Season 1 - 2020/21

FCUnited_250adfa3de79759bf1f.png

After my last post, I realised, that the squad had no goalkeeper. So I adopted an attacking tactic based on outscoring the opponent before they realised our deficiencies in goal. It turned out this worked very well. We flew through the first half of the season topping the division for most of the period. We had a very bad january, but recovered somewhat. It wasn't enough though, and we finished somewhat disappointingly in 7th - the last play off position. In the first round of the play off, we lost to a strong York City side.
Before the season, I would have taken this outcome happily, but given our strong first half of the season it feels a tiny bit disappointing.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Results 3, Cups, League Chart) - What a strong first half of the season! Followed by a bad January. But we made the play offs and survived the first season in the Vanarama North. That counts as a success. Also considering missing a goalkeeper until April. As noted above, our tactic was based on outscoring our opponents and overwhelming them. That succeeded. For some reason our League Chart is wrong. In the FA Cup we made to the first round where we lost to a stronger AFC Fylde side from the Vanarama National League. But it boosted our finances nicely.

Team - From the offset, we had a very strong squad. Our main strikeforce of Tunde Owolabi and Regan Linney both scored an impressive amount of goals, while our attacking midfielder Luke Griffiths and winger Michael Donohue
were responsible largely for the assists. One major drawback was of course the complete lack of goalkeepers in the squad. But luckily, we were able to overcome that.
One of the biggest challenges for this team was keeping hold of our very good players for more than one season. Luckily, I managed to extend contracts with all players for another year. Negociations with Tunde Owolabi and Michael Donohue, I left to the board since they demanded way too much in base salary than our current wage budget allows. Luckily they also signed. So I have an intact squad for next season as well, bolstered by the youth intake which includes an actual non-grey goalkeeper.

Facilities - Already decent with Average Junior Coaching and Fairly basic Youth Recruitment. And more than enough to compete on the current level. Due to the good finances based on the considerable support of the club, I guess, I was able to upgrade these facilities such that they are now Excellent and Good, respectively. That is massive, and bodes well for future incoming generations. Left with continuingly good finances - something I haven't experiences before in this challenge - I was also able to get the board to agree to an upgrade to the Youth Facilities. The work will go on into the new season. I don't know if this is a feasible strategy for this challenge.

Finances - As already mentioned, the finances this season was very strong. We topped at approximately £430.000 at one point. Due to several youth intake upgrades and a single youth facility upgrade this has decreased somewhat. But we are still at a healthy level.

Youth Intake - A very good youth intake. Only downside is that both Taylor Lane (Beatles, anyone?) and Brian Aitken, the two best players in the intake are both strikers, an area where we are already strong. But I will not complain.
In midfield Stephen Wheeldon looks promising and we got a goalkeeper in Geraint Page, who is admittedly, a long way from first team level. But he will have to do for now as first-choice goalkeeper.

No Transfers.

Goal for next season: Survive, as I do not thing we can conjure another equally strong season. Hopefully recieve a strong intake based on our upgraded intake and youth training facilities.

S1_Progress0c533ba88704956f.png

Edited by andershs

Vikeologist's Palermo 2037/38 End of Season Report

20200331103232_1.thumb.jpg.174ca7973c283c26dfd01340e2a36a67.jpgWe didn’t retain the league title. We were closely chasing Inter for most of the season, and near the end closed the gap to a point, but they finished the season stronger than us.

Nonetheless we secured our highest points tally to date, (by 1 point), and it may have been more, but I played lots of youth players for the last 2 matches once the title was out of reach.

We did win the Italian Cup. I played reserve and youth players all the way to the final when I brought out the A team.

As discussed before, we went out in the quarter finals of the Champions League.

We’re in a weird position where the current team isn’t going to get much better, and might soon start getting worse.

I’ve had few good players come through in recent years. Maybe some of them could be good though if they got match experience.

I have a good first team, but just one injury or suspension in a few positions downgrades the team a lot.

Do I play short-term and stick with my current squad and hope that I luck my way to a Champions League, or do I play the long game and try to develop a hidden youth jewel.

20200331112807_1.thumb.jpg.e3f93af560e46f570b2913ecd2aa85f7.jpg

Top Goalscorer – Vanni Lugli YP7d – 21

Like last year, this figure in inflated by 8 penalties. On the other hand, he doesn’t start every match,

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) – Corrado Varsallona YP8a – 7.25

My gaygen striker, who only started about half the games this season. In retrospect that was obviously a mistake, and I should have been paying more attention, but he’s previously had 3 seasons of massive underachievement. Also, he played really well at the end of the season which pumped up his stats.

My hero Campi, winner of my last 9 or so MVPs wasn’t even close this season. He’s a shadow of his former self, which is weird because nothing has changed; tactics, stats, game updates. No major injuries. He just hasn’t been as good the last season and a half. He’s only 30.

The fact is that I’m really attached to Campi, so I don’t want to give up on him yet.

Man of The Match – 2 players (Pellegrino / Varsallona)- 6

Most Valuable Player– Calogero Bellomonte YP12a – A central defender. At the age of 22 he finally broke into the Italy team this season and is off to the World Cup. He’s an ex-wonderkid. If the save goes on long enough, and obviously I sort of hope it doesn’t take another 10+ years, Bellomonte could end up gaining the record for most appearances.

Most Club Appearances / Last Remaining Legacy Player - Mirko Grasso YP0c

20200331111056_1.thumb.jpg.284c92af3083faf8b8efa19537bfbef5.jpg

After 18 years it may be time to say goodbye to Mirko. By my calculation he’s racked up 611 appearances. For many seasons he was a starter, first in central defence and then at right back. He’s been a sub the last couple of seasons, but he’s 34 now and if I’m being honest with myself no longer merits a place. He is still useful in the CL as a sub because he can play 2 positions, but he wants to leave so is probably going to leave.

He has a zero designation because he came through in the intake during the Holiday Manager season before I took over.

His record will probably be broken by either Campi or my midfield general Giovanni Pierpaoli YP5a, and in theory eventually Bellomonte or my young right back Alessandro Altamura YP15a.

20200331112824_1.thumb.jpg.ac9733bd621925a3988c1ee9dff7dcc3.jpg

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.
21/22	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 3rd round of playoffs
22/23	C/C			2nd		Eliminated in Quarterfinals of playoffs.
23/24	C/C			1st		Won league and Super C Cup easily.
24/25	B			4th		Lost in playoffs S/F
25/26	B			2nd		W7 D1 of last 8 matches. Automatic promotion.
26/27	A			13th		Flirted with relegation, but it never got inside our pants.
27/28	A			16th		Went backwards.
28/29	A			10th		Changed formation. Missed out on European qualification on last day.
29/30	A			5th		Dropped out of Champions League qualifying spot at the end, but still qualified for Europe for first time.
30/31	A			5th		Same position, same points. Reached S/F of Europa League
31/32	A			3rd		Champions League qualification. Europa League winners.
32/33	A			4th		Terrible second half league performance. CL Q/F, Won Copa Italia.
33/34	A			6th		Regression season.
34/35	A			3rd		Secured CL qualification with a spurt of instant resulted win at the end.
35/36	A			4th		CL S/F. Record points tally.
36/37	A			1st		Half the challenge completed, but 11 points from our last 11 matches after leading by about 13 points. CL Q/F
37/38	A			2nd		New high points tally. Won Copa Italia. CL Q/F

3 hours ago, andershs said:

FC United (England)
Season 1 - 2020/21

FCUnited_250adfa3de79759bf1f.png

After my last post, I realised, that the squad had no goalkeeper. So I adopted an attacking tactic based on outscoring the opponent before they realised our deficiencies in goal. It turned out this worked very well. We flew through the first half of the season topping the division for most of the period. We had a very bad january, but recovered somewhat. It wasn't enough though, and we finished somewhat disappointingly in 7th - the last play off position. In the first round of the play off, we lost to a strong York City side.
Before the season, I would have taken this outcome happily, but given our strong first half of the season it feels a tiny bit disappointing.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Results 3, Cups, League Chart) - What a strong first half of the season! Followed by a bad January. But we made the play offs and survived the first season in the Vanarama North. That counts as a success. Also considering missing a goalkeeper until April. As noted above, our tactic was based on outscoring our opponents and overwhelming them. That succeeded. For some reason our League Chart is wrong. In the FA Cup we made to the first round where we lost to a stronger AFC Fylde side from the Vanarama National League. But it boosted our finances nicely.

Team - From the offset, we had a very strong squad. Our main strikeforce of Tunde Owolabi and Regan Linney both scored an impressive amount of goals, while our attacking midfielder Luke Griffiths and winger Michael Donohue
were responsible largely for the assists. One major drawback was of course the complete lack of goalkeepers in the squad. But luckily, we were able to overcome that.
One of the biggest challenges for this team was keeping hold of our very good players for more than one season. Luckily, I managed to extend contracts with all players for another year. Negociations with Tunde Owolabi and Michael Donohue, I left to the board since they demanded way too much in base salary than our current wage budget allows. Luckily they also signed. So I have an intact squad for next season as well, bolstered by the youth intake which includes an actual non-grey goalkeeper.

Facilities - Already decent with Average Junior Coaching and Fairly basic Youth Recruitment. And more than enough to compete on the current level. Due to the good finances based on the considerable support of the club, I guess, I was able to upgrade these facilities such that they are now Excellent and Good, respectively. That is massive, and bodes well for future incoming generations. Left with continuingly good finances - something I haven't experiences before in this challenge - I was also able to get the board to agree to an upgrade to the Youth Facilities. The work will go on into the new season. I don't know if this is a feasible strategy for this challenge.

Finances - As already mentioned, the finances this season was very strong. We topped at approximately £430.000 at one point. Due to several youth intake upgrades and a single youth facility upgrade this has decreased somewhat. But we are still at a healthy level.

Youth Intake - A very good youth intake. Only downside is that both Taylor Lane (Beatles, anyone?) and Brian Aitken, the two best players in the intake are both strikers, an area where we are already strong. But I will not complain.
In midfield Stephen Wheeldon looks promising and we got a goalkeeper in Geraint Page, who is admittedly, a long way from first team level. But he will have to do for now as first-choice goalkeeper.

No Transfers.

Goal for next season: Survive, as I do not thing we can conjure another equally strong season. Hopefully recieve a strong intake based on our upgraded intake and youth training facilities.

S1_Progress0c533ba88704956f.png

I am new to this challenge, and I did not know that not having a GK was something. Like I have 2 GK but they are greyed. So I cannot play them. And I do not even have enough player to start the game, as I cannot transfer players I thought I made something wrong. I went for another save, thinking I made a mistake in the option. By doing the same process to start the game, FC United was not promoted. So I went for another team. I wish you good luck with your team though, and I feel bad not knowing that it was normal to have players that are greyed. (But why does this happen? With my new team I do not have this).

And there you go, with South Shields.

680860492_SouthShieldslogo.png.529f28394d4c84c47f290ea8752c1e58.png

Below the screens as "proof".

Same coach:

20200403201413_1.thumb.jpg.f9afb3d7bc19fba0073639886545d2ce.jpg

New introduction

20200403202357_1.thumb.jpg.2a587e511c8bf33d6e1e66ce6d3074b4.jpg

Club history

20200403202359_1.thumb.jpg.414924502138b4551a7b1cb61994de85.jpg

Club objectives

20200403202406_1.thumb.jpg.2d57f25e61f93fb3ee9f0a3a4ee6f966.jpg

Aaaaand already from the squad overview, I have a crazy GK. I will not joke with him, he might punch me back to my house.

image.thumb.png.78e1311768e4fec04aae98311dc6dc16.png

Edited by KrKAlex

NK Zadar: 2053/54 season review

A very disappointing season as we struggled to find any consistency. CL saw us reach the Q/F before falling to Barcelona.

482329962_TABLE54.thumb.png.49d2865eac111701861492118b81bef6.png

A lot of under par performances as inconsistency plagued the squad.

160873590_SQUAD54.thumb.png.28e19db63249c29ef7999c9a3792338e.png

Youth intake was better than the previous year.

1562317319_YOUTH54.thumb.png.691d1541b84f12e41308d85d9f28905c.png

Transfers.

TRANSFERS.thumb.png.ceb2cafc1a77b37312f977eb2cd3d477.png

1454850970_STATS54.thumb.png.f141f3c983f322ed258675091053bf3b.png

logo.png.3c4d24b30184c55f8421db1902c4dcb7.png

Scarborough Athletic – Season 7 (2026/27)

Vanarama National

League: We started off well and soon climbed to second, but top of the table Barnet looked well out of our reach. However, we managed to stay fairly consistent through the dreaded December-January period and eventually caught up with them. We then went ahead, but with 4 games left Barnet FMed us 1-0 at home to go only 1 point behind. We had to play 5th and 3rd place away next so I didn’t have any high hopes, but we managed some draws and a very nervy final day win while Barnet stumbled again, so we limped over the line to be crowned champions. Finally, league football and professional status are coming to Scarborough.

We also had a decent FA cup run, losing to Swansea in the 3rd round.

fYEeIyd.png  cw2Du98.png

Players: We now have a very solid spine of Russell Jebbison 02c (DLC/DM), Sam Fletcher 05b (DC/DM/MC) and Abdul Acquah 04b (DM/MLC). Lewis Southern 05d (MRC/AMR) is probably our best attacking player.

seda3GS.png  ROHkJFo.png  AyrPNc4.png  FrVTasu.pngROiD32i.png

Youth intake: Given the investments in youth facilities I expected more, and it’s disappointing to see no 5* players. Lots of them had rubbish personalities too, so I only signed a few. Tim Holloway 07a (MC/ST) and Jacob Weaver 07b (DRC) look the best of the bunch, with Holloway good enough to make the bench most games.

A1hZJWn.png  8ap1j6W.png  pdOcEcu.png

Facilities: To my surprise, last summer the board suggested to improve our youth category which I think meant that our coaching got bumped up to exceptional, costing a fair bit of money. Training facilities have been upgraded and a ground expansion is on the way. The FA cup money has, however, kept us in the black this year, so hopefully I won’t be forced to sell players yet.

N2a86sd.png

Transfers: none

Season    |  League        | Pos. |   Europe  |     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Vanarama North |  7   |   n/a     | Lost in playoff semi final. FA cup first round
2021/22   | Vanarama North |  2   |   n/a     | Promotion through playoffs  
2022/23   | Vanarama Nat.  |  16  |   n/a     |
2023/24   | Vanarama Nat.  |  8   |   n/a     |
2024/25   | Vanarama Nat.  |  3   |   n/a     | Lost in playoff semi final
2025/26   | Vanarama Nat.  |  6   |   n/a     | Lost in playof final. FA cup 4th round
2026/27   | Vanarama Nat.  |  1   |   n/a     | Promotion
Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   |  Adequate     |  Fairly Basic     | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2021/22   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Basic          |  3208
2022/23   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2023/24   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2024/25   |  Excellent    |  Average          | Below average  |  Below average  |  4000
2025/26   |  Excellent    |  Good             | Below average  |  Adequate       |  4000
2026/27   |  Exceptional  |  Good             | Adequate       |  Adequate       |  4000

XaW - Íþróttafélagið Völsungur - 2032

28433.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, now I've started to sell good players because I have better options. This is where I wanted to us to be, and now we are getting there. It's also showing in the league standing. We went unbeaten for the first time! Only two draws, away to ÍA and home to Valur. Our 4th title in a row, and 5th total.

In the League Cup we won our group, the beat Valur in the semi final and Þór in the final. In the VISA Bikar karlá we beat Leiknir F., Fjölnir, Njarðvík and Breiðablik to reach the final. There we lost on pens to Fylkir.

In the Champions League we started in the 2nd qualification round against Olimpija Lublana. We beat them in both matches to go through. In the 3rd qualification round we beat Legia Warszawa. Then, in the playoffs we crushed Maccabi Tel Aviv to get us into the group stage.

Here we drew AC Milan of Italy, Celta Vigo of Spain and Hajduk Split of Croatia. So far we've lost home to Milan and away to Celta Vigo. I'll update when it's finished. Update: We drew at home to Hajduk Split, before we beat them away. Then we lost the two last matches against Milan and Celta Vigo. So we ended in 3rd place in our group.

So we went into the Europa League and entered in the 1st knockout round. Here we drew Anderlecht of Belgium. We beat them in both legs to go past them. In the 2nd knockout round we got Lazio of Italy. Unfortunately, they beat us in both legs and knocked us out.

Here is the updated map. This time I've added Poland, Spain and Belgium.

XSMxbDj.png

We had a really good youth intake this season. The two best are Yasin Kaçmaz 32a and Salvatore Ferrari 32b.

The leading players this season have been Hallgrímur Mar Pálmason 28bHreggviður Haraldsson 29b and Ilja Raider 28e.

gsQb5Ao.png

Edited by XaW

Wow, this is bad.

It is the same players as last year mixed up with some promising youngster and more or less the same tactic.

But our players are missing all opportunities, and our new goalkeeper is absolute rubbish. I am tempted to start with a greyed-out keeper.

And I am getting to the point where I am panic-switching tactics.

If I am not fired, we will definitely go down and end the challenge in that way.

20200404004405_1bd72b32d1eb8a529.jpg