The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stress is real.
My youth products have been doing great all season! The level in Indonesia is really low and their stats weren't too far from average league level so I played them constantly.
They've improved massively and this is the surprise of the season...
Wish me luck boys & girls!

20200408125431_1.jpg

FC United (England)
Season 3 - 2022/23
FCUnited_250adfa3de79759bf1f.png

Much better season well away from the relegation battle. Switching during last season to a simpler 4-4-2 also meant, that we started the season well. From thereon we never got into trouble and actually occupied a play-off spot until after the last match of the season. Missing out on the play-off is ok though, since we need to slowly build a better team and develop our high potential youngsters. The investments in intake facilities can really be seen.

League (Results 1, Results 2, Results 3, Cups, League Chart) - Much better season, missing  out on the play-offs on the last day of the season. We played really well changing between a simple 4-4-2 and 4-2-2-2 with defensive midfielders when things got wild. But it really helped having a solid base tactic to revert to, if the results were not as expected.
In the FA Cup, we made it to the fourth qualifying round where we lost to Stockport County. That must count as revenge from two seasons back, where we beat them in the exact same round.

Team (Stats) - I wouldn't say it was like the class of '92, but there were a couple of breakthrough seasons and other strong performances from our youngsters, who are slowly beginning to push the older players out, simply because they are better. In attack, Brian Aitken had a very strong breakthrough season, finished as our top goalscorer and developed rapidly. He ousted Regan Linney completely, who was forced to fill in on left wing occasionally. Billy Maher in midfield also had a good season, but it was in defence where Owen Pollard bursted through. I must admit, that I might have overlooked him when going through the intake initially, but he is now part of my main central defence. Likewise, David Knowles looks like the primary right back in the coming seasons. Most surprisingly, Richard Edge on left back played 32 league matches and is now my main left back going forward. I did not rate him highly at intake date, but perhaps that was a mistake. He certainly looks like he can do a decent job at this level.
It was a joy watching Callum Clayton's saves in goal. He gave us confidence and had his share in our strong season. I am very happy with him.
The one 'original' player I will highlight is Tunde Owolabi, who again had a good season, scoring goals. He was however, concerningly, left out with injuries for a portion of the season.

Facilities - I managed to push the Youth Recruitment another level and they are now Exceptional along with our Junior Coaching. I have never tried having that good intake facilities so early in a challenge, but it feels amazing and our finances seem to be able to handle it ok.

Finances - The intake upgrade put further pressure on the finances, but they seem to be relatively stable still.

Youth Intake - Another brilliant intake. Actually even better than the one last season. John Garner is a beast and I managed to tie him down on a two year contract with an option for further two years. Kieran Prosser looks really good too, and I will try to play him in defense next year. Striker Robbie Paterson looks fast and very good, so I might save Regan Linney's ~£2.500 monthly wage after this season, because of the abundance of talented strikers we have in the team.
Kieran Platt and Kallum Tremarco also look very promising.

No transfers.

Goal for next season: Another stable season where our very promising youngsters can gain experience and game time.

S3_Progressbd743d477c5f6d5f.png

Edited by andershs

How much the guy I had stolen from my first season has developed in the space of just under 2 years is making me sad :/

At least we've got a 15% sell on for his profit, but honestly he could have carried us to promotion.

André Castro_ Profile-3.png

2 minutes ago, Rainbowz said:

How much the guy I had stolen from my first season has developed in the space of just under 2 years is making me sad :/

At least we've got a 15% sell on for his profit, but honestly he could have carried us to promotion.

André Castro_ Profile-3.png

He looks quality..

Think of that profit...

2 minutes ago, KibworthBull said:

He looks quality..

Think of that profit...

Feel like I'm going to get shafted, Boavista are middling in the 2nd division so I don't see him going for more than a few million. 200-300k would be alright for us, but I can see him being worth tens of millions once one of the big boys gets him.

Guys which countries (especially in Europe) have the shortest seasons?
Also does someone know the date in which the promotions to the lowest league are set in Slovenia/Slovakia/CzechRep./Denmark and Finland?
I was also wondering, what kind of challenges you guys are also doing that are tough.
Cheers and Good Luck!

26 minutes ago, Doggy366 said:

Guys which countries (especially in Europe) have the shortest seasons?
Also does someone know the date in which the promotions to the lowest league are set in Slovenia/Slovakia/CzechRep./Denmark and Finland?
I was also wondering, what kind of challenges you guys are also doing that are tough.
Cheers and Good Luck!

The shortest are Iceland, 22 league games, but 2 cups. Other than that Norway have 30 league games, and a single cup. Belarus also have something similar. As does Finland. Those are the ones I remember.

S.C. Lourinhanense

3598_imgbank.png

2021-22 Season Review

League Standings | Squad | Youth Candidates

Manager's Notes

Yikes, I was a bit off with my prediction of mid-table. Still, I think the position looks worse than it actually was. We finished 10 points above the relegation zone, and closer to the teams around us. Player development is going well. Once I realized we weren't going to make the top half, I started rotating more, giving some of our better prospects some game time and sacrificing results for experience. This year's intake was better than I expected, although we might be in trouble if we don't get any good defenders in the next couple of years.

Plans for next season

If we can keep hold of our better players and have a bit of luck, I really think we can make the top half. We've got three U18 players who are now at 4 star ability and can continuing growing, while a few other youths are prepared for their breakout year. I'm going to give as many youth players a chance next season to try and encourage some strong development and really get the ball rolling.

Best of the intake

gEaOq1w.png

André Martins - Wow, what a prospect I think we have here. His mentals are looking amazing and his technicals are good where they need to be. His physicals should come with time, but I believe Martins could be our best player in the next few years.

G1UypAO.png

André Monteiro - I'm not too high on this guy, but my staff seem to think he's got something. Sadly due to our surplus of wingers, he'll have to prove himself in the u19s for now. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'm worried he'll be lost in the shuffle.

BM7kJTy.png

Luís Vaz - Not much to look at for the moment, but I think Vaz has a lot of potential. All it takes is for a few of those stats to increase by a couple, and we've got a very dependable looking midfielder on our hands. With a CM spot up for grabs, he might just get the chance to develop.

Think I am done guys

After 55 years

I lose one game and go one almight long losing runs and its happenig again

After 20 games unbeaten, so I can't be a bad side (12 in the new season) and sitting top of the table

20200408194843_1.thumb.jpg.4b073451e9d7b6f776d73738ea9c6457.jpg

I lose one game, then don't win of any of the next four

Starting another long losing run

It's just ridiculous now

20200408194856_1.thumb.jpg.8bcb4f10ba5b946352c85e2cea755ce6.jpg

XaW - Folkestone Invicta - 2021/22

200px-Folkestone_Invicta_F.C._logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

2nd place last season, so the goal was set. At least the same level this time around. And now I could even fill out the bench for every match! Even if the bulk of my youngsters are quite poor, at least they can play in a position I don't have any others in. The season itself went pretty well. Hornchurch and Haringey took the lead from the get go, with Havant & Waterlooville a bit behind. Following that we were part of the pack behind along Eastleigh, Gosport Borough and Dartford. Towards the end it was quite clear we were not in contention for the title, but we were still very much in a playoff spot. And in the end we finished in 4th place, smack in the middle of the playoff spots. In the playoff 1st round we faced Dartford and beat them. In the semi final we lost 1-2 away to Haringey. So once again in the playoffs, but not a promotion this time either.

The major problem for us is that the youth players are not really good, to be honest. With a few exceptions most will never be good enough to play for us, unless I have to fill out the bench. Still, the intake gave us a couple of talents in Andrew Hughes 22a, a talented goalkeeper, and Russell Chudy 22c, who can play both in defence and midfield on the left. Other than that the season review said it best:

GRMUufZ.png

In the FA Cup we beat Mangotsfield, Worthing and Hemel Hempstead Town before losing to Barrow in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we beat Welling United before losing to Woking in the 1st round.

Season    |  League        | Pos  |   Europe  |     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Vanarama South |  2nd |   n/a     | Lost in playoff final
2021/22   | Vanarama South |  4th |   n/a     | Lost in playoff semi final

Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac   | Youth Fac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   |  Basic        |  Limited          | Poor           |  Poor
2021/22   |  Basic        |  Limited          | Poor           |  Poor

FC Uzda

FC_Uzda_logo.png

2020 Season

Belarus First Division (Piersaja Liha) – 12th

League TableFixtures (1)Fixtures (2)TransfersKey PlayerHot ProspectSquadFinances

We started the season with a goalkeeper, a left back, a right back, 3 centre backs, 2 right wingers, 2 left wingers and a striker, so naturally we settled on a 4-4-2 strikerless formation to get the best out the players at our disposal. It was a really weird season, we did pretty well in the first half of the season before bad form in the second half saw us drop towards the bottom of the league. New league record for draws, and, as bad as our form was, we were within 3 points of the playoffs with 4 games to go. We made it to the second round of the cup, but this seasons aims was always to not get relegated and wait for the intake.

Key Players:

Alexandr Yarommko: Overall a decent season for the goalkeeper, decent reflexes and handling so not all too bad.

Dmitriy Novikov: A solid season for the centre back 6 goals puts him only two behind the top scorer too.

Mr Inskiy (Alexander Mrinskiy): According to our coaches the best player at the club, an ok season for him considering he was out of position for all of it.

Youth Intake

0Trdg29.jpg

Pretty happy with my youth intake, at least a player in most positions which means I can actually make some attempt at making a tactic using players in their preferred positions. None of the intake look spectacular but the players most likely to feature are:

Viktor Ignatenko 1c: A defensive midfielder, not awful tackling or passing and good work rate, I’ll probably utilise a DM formation next season and he’ll be it.

Andrey Loshankov 1e: A centre back, we do have decent depth at centre back but his attributes aren’t too far from what we’re already using. He looks very angry.

But now we have players who can play positions it is time to build a tactic that will hopefully be a bit more exciting then what we’ve already used.

News

During the season the board agreed to both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment improvements and at the end of the season have decided that we’re going to build a new stadium which is going to kill the finances.

Gtrab4P.jpg

Celebest_F.C._logo.png.14e5664ff87c893478a12d5e89cbffef.png
Season 2021 - Liga 2
League Table - Fixtures - Transfers - Key Player  - Finances

So this season was mental. We finished 4th which gives us a playoff-spot. The winner takes all. And so we did!
We also managed our way into the cup final but we lost that one on aggregate.
Our team is **** at everything, except for passing. Our short passing game is OK but we do concede a lot tho!
We have heaps of work before us to manage in the Indonesian prem league.

Look at my key player. He's my def mid but oh my god, he cleans up a LOT of work! He's the only one being called up for international football. The indonesian u23's.
I also made him my captain so I can use him to tutor new intakes.
The intakes are quit weird because I get the before the season in March. The season starts a bit later.

Goals next season: Survive. That's it. Maybe another cup run but I'd like to focus on the league.
Maybe our next intake we can use immediatly!

758b5a73e0f58e9ecba5980f3e63cdb7.thumb.png.0d2cf7926c42189dfc341322b248ab5d.png

Edited by OrToDaRy282

The Premier League has been a really tough challenge and it took us 10 games to win a single game. Bob Sterry, our star striker had a scoring rate of 165 goals in 392 games before this season (first three seasons he played as an AMC as well). This season he has scored 2 goals in 19 games!! The difference in quality between the Championship and the Premier League is even bigger now (2032) than it was in the start of the save I think. 

So we have to treasure the highlights and we just had a great one. A 4-1 win over relegation competitors West Ham. A hat trick from our left winger Steve Brazil! Brazil is originally a left back, but our vise-captain Shane Ireland has that spot and he is very consistent. Brazil has good pace and good anticipation, so he has been trained as a left winger and I've trained him to be very direct and to knock the ball past opponents. This game he perfected that! A fantastic win to boost morale, and we might just make it! 

I'm also posting a screenshot of our defender Ryan Hughes. I honestly think he can become a world class defender. 

1114299534_2020-04-0912_14_19-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.63e88f6fca25ed6fa4cc220615d70a4b.jpg     1644912731_2020-04-0912_21_22-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.886857c18a0abf4f33a23e6a7361d73e.jpg     1534805410_2020-04-0912_21_31-FootballManager2020.thumb.jpg.3cf4457f77ec6c91c3edc42dde5bbddc.jpg

So I've decided to give this a go after some persuasion from @KibworthBull. Youth Academy Challenges for me are about the toughest save you can do, fingers crossed I can get into this quickly. I'm not used to not signing players!

I've decided to start somewhere completely different and that's Turkey. After simming to the changeover date I decided to take over Karşıyaka Spor Kulübü

job.thumb.png.419eea92e3f9e8fbb5419ed91350f527.png

What drew me to them was the fact they have a ground with a capacity of 51k!! Also half decent youth recruitment for a low league team

facs.thumb.png.37f8e4536d12b2145ddbd12e7774fd6e.png

And here is my manager profile, started with no badges and Sunday league reputation

profile.thumb.png.2eefe7ba6eb17bb97a8aaa4b3c82ece8.png

Edited by TheLutterworthFox

Another batch of crap, let's see if the Welsh guy delivers...

S0WzSpA.png

I really need some sort of money income! The "limited" youth recruitment is REALLY not helping out.

I mean, my HoYD is not bad for this level, so I can only assume the recruitment and academy coaching are the reasons we are getting so much crap.

WTbPDv4.png

Edited by XaW

NK Zadar: 2055/56 season review

A domestic double for the club as we romped to the title.
Our CL campaign ended in the first knockouts as we lost again FC Bayern. We go again.

2137791753_TABLE56.thumb.png.3265ef7249992ceb1eba0671d94802c2.png

A fair amount of good stats posted by the squad.

196226597_SQUAD56.thumb.png.016914513d9bda13edb1e7f0834527d9.png

Youth intake. Our current youth team won the UEFA Youth League again.

1958604928_YOUTH56.thumb.png.fac5b8e226925ae56c9303825471c18b.png   1777777774_YCUP56.thumb.png.e45e3a7e69f217c7de81c39a2ec36dc5.png

Transfers. Got rid of the deadwood again.

147179630_TRANSFERS56.thumb.png.c2cec5cb51b2a30efe63a200d06b1ae5.png

481986729_stats56.thumb.png.b5218656e8f1c22bbfb91470b045764c.png

3 hours ago, TheLutterworthFox said:

So I've decided to give this a go after some persuasion from @KibworthBull. Youth Academy Challenges for me are about the toughest save you can do, fingers crossed I can get into this quickly. I'm not used to not signing players!

I've decided to start somewhere completely different and that's Turkey. After simming to the changeover date I decided to take over Karşıyaka Spor Kulübü

job.thumb.png.419eea92e3f9e8fbb5419ed91350f527.png

What drew me to them was the fact they have a ground with a capacity of 51k!! Also half decent youth recruitment for a low league team

facs.thumb.png.37f8e4536d12b2145ddbd12e7774fd6e.png

And here is my manager profile, started with no badges and Sunday league reputation

profile.thumb.png.2eefe7ba6eb17bb97a8aaa4b3c82ece8.png

Welcome to the pain!!

2020/21 Season Review - Karşıyaka Spor Kulübü

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/e/e9/Ka...

Youth Candidates

84345831c2c53e90252892fcc3e9e8ab.png

An unbelievable first intake. Lot's of hard work needed to get these boys up to standard. One main issue is the lack of forward players!

Here are just a few of them:

Mustafa Közcü - Right Wing

Çağrı Kalman - Right Back

Mustafa Akgül - Left Back

Yüksel Tuncay - Centre Back

Gökhan Yaşar - Goalkeeper

Erkan Akyildiz - Right Wing

Tayfun Pehlivan - Defensive Midfield

Caner Ayindi - Attacking Midfield

Some really good, decent looking players but unfortunately due to the squad registration already being completed for the season none could feature this time around. Nearly all of the players linked above will be moved to the first team.

One side note is Goalkeeper Yasar was immediately called up to the Belgium U19s squad and seems to have switched nationality to Belgian!

Transfers

6a48c1382224c9b292bd3b450aecb0d3.png

All the in's were completed prior to me taking charge of the club. No one was signed after I joined on 21st June

9c5d7318bed0fa1f8234bf4fb257a588.png

League Table

8e9553f8e0d764f8542386b56e739aa1.png

A brilliant first season, we were expected to end 14th. A fantastic opening start where we lost only 1 game in the first 17 matches gave us a really good chance of ending top, we fell away as the season progressed and lost 7 out of our final 17 games, we had a large amount of injuries to content with which didn't help. 5th place however qualified us for the promotion play-offs. 

The Promotion Play-Offs

8 teams enter the play-offs, 2-legged Quarters, Semis and then a Final with the Winner getting promoted.

It started really well as we dispatched Birlik Nakliyat Düzyurtspor who ended 2nd in our Division in the Quarters.

ef556c739048e09c80499af5f8a39d37.png

Next up was another team from our Division and that's Samsunspor and once again we progressed after another 4-2 first leg win setting us up. Into the play-off final we go!

07995b0b4191fcd29117457a845b1047.png

In the final we faced Tuzlaspor A.Ş. who ended 2nd in the other Division in this tier. Don't ask me how or why but this game was 1 leg and it was for some reason at Home!

We were massive favourites and the game proved it as we won 4-1! PROMOTION!!!! Not a bad start to the save and this means we head into the 2nd tier of Turkey! It is going to be VERY tough next season!

e0a7eff2a96fd5138288e57d33a14bfb.png

Amazing!!! After the poor run we had at the end we managed to turn our form around and storm our way to promotion!

Squad

5bf43eeb2fa3a5de9bc318fa7301c1c7.png

Some brilliant performances from the boys. 

My Star man was Striker Hakan Kuş, it was lucky he scored a few goals as he is (and still is after our intake) our only proper Striker in the squad!

36c0d86a63c4403762a1d588279d5be8.png

The Club Player of the Year was Midfielder Mustafa Aşan

bbc71478b77856dca1c61dd83b9dd7ef.png

A few words on the squad, it's going to be a major struggle with only one proper Striker but I will look to retrain a few wide players to play there. We also have quite a few ageing players, 6 players over 30 and 2 aged 38 and 37! So these players won't last much longer and will be replaced by the youth boys!

Edited by TheLutterworthFox

image.png.a2efa7d7c28fc4893e7b40a36b9a385e.png

Jalkapalloseura Hercules 2021 Review

League Table

Transfers

Squad Stats

Cup Results

League Results

Youth Intake

Season Review:

I will start this review with the Leauge as that was where the story was this season, it started with a fantastic 3-0 away win where the confidence of a good season rose, before 3 straight defeats got me very concerned about an immediate return to the Ykkönen, but we very slowly turned it around with a few draws and then some victories - proving to be a very difficult side to beat - we generally don't conceded much - we are not free scorers either but generally score more than we concede which is always the more favourable way of doing it! So how well did it go? Extremely well as you can see... Europa League next season everyone.. I think it's fair to say that the Finnish League isn't the strongest of competitions in the world.

The Cup started quite well, managed to get through the group against 5 other top flight sides before we capitulated against a side from the Ykkönen - on reflection this could have been a great way into Europe, but it ultimately didn't matter too much..

But your like my mother - you don't want to hear about me, you want to hear about the kids..

1A Teemu Syväjärvi had a very good first season at this level - 6.98 in his 33 matches, proving that we can produce quality at this club, he hasn't scored for us yet, but he has broken his goalscoring duck for the Finland U19s, he got the Runner Up in the Club Player of the Yr award, and won the Young Player of the Year award again. His technicals are really starting to improve now and he is definately awesome in my eyes. Along side him at the back are 2B Tomi Seppä and 1F Teemu Tauriainen, both of these boys were at one stage the back up centre back and both did a decent if limited job. We had a number of other boys make more fleeting appearances without doing anything noteworthy - there is one exception but he is new..

Intake

The switch of HoYD we made at the end of last season produced results in the first year - our best intake of the 3 we have had so far. We also had a couple of Spaniards come from Deportivo Alaves (affiliate) - neither of these are THAT good but have been signed for overall depth.

3A Rolf Isokangas - a DM who immediately came into the side and has already ticked off his first goal and red card for the club - an awesome player in every way. If we can produce this type of guy with our limited resources, then we could produce gods amongst men with a bit of cash invested. 

3C Nebay Mukhtar - you probably don't get many Somalian/Finnish players, but we had 2 in this year's intake, only Nebay was good enough to get a deal - we already have an epic RB so maybe he is more of a RM (in terms of opportunity) but if he proves to be a backup RB then this is no bad thing. A solid player.

3B Mikael Hurme -  we didn't score many goals - our top scorer was Sami Karjalainen with 8 and our back up striker got 2 in 27 matches. We now have 4 strikers from 3 intakes with a little bit of potential. Hurme comes in and will fight out with 1D Jesper Holmberg1J Veli-Matti Anttila and 2A Petri Hanhela to be the back up striker as my existing back up is probably going to be released - one of them needs to step up.

Next season will be the acid test for me - either our luck will run out and we will find our natural place or we will demonstrate just how weak the FInnish League is and a squad that hasn't been strengthend with outside influences could win some trophies.. We have the Europa League to enjoy in July/August and maybe into September if we are feeling very lucky, but that will bring CASH and that brings opportunity to strengthen the facilites

1730499231_S3tabe.thumb.JPG.cd3422887271337b14eb2ec6d1db1bb9.JPG

hala-jaen-e1369268592322.thumb.png.f169fadd81d0c17e9c52bbc9b05a41b5.png

Season 2029 / 2030

12th in La Liga

League Table           Youth Intake           Transfer History

Surviving my second season in La Liga and its all I can hope for at the moment. I'm alot closer to relegation then a place among the top teams.

Will be a fight for survival next season aswell as I still feel very fragile. Conceding less goals this season, but I'm still very far away to compete against the best teams.

Youth and training facilities are now good and I invest in more upgrades as fast as I can. The board has also announced plans to build a new stadion, no details about that yet

My investments in facilities seem to give results, finally getting a really good intake. Should be some future first team players here.

20200408212140_1.thumb.jpg.886e222c2158544f8d53854126d9f45c.jpg20200408212153_1.thumb.jpg.4b86b8d9c388a62103cdf21e394ade03.jpg20200408212210_1.thumb.jpg.9cd5b8a5cf686decc622e7633ba66dbc.jpg20200408212224_1.thumb.jpg.b89d6fdd5edbff3a340cddf229e47ecf.jpg     GL ALL !!! :) 

6FaUinmI_400x400.jpg.f861b1cc06f6c0152bab756ebddf3bdf.jpg    25.thumb.png.7417379e35cfa3e06cc84cd8f7478556.png

Port Talbot Town FC - Season 5 (2023-24)

Competitions - Squad - Transfers - Finances - Season Review - Season Awards - Overall Best 11

League - Consolidated our position in the top half and closed the gap on the chasing pack but TNS are just a different beast they went undefeated for the season drawing only 3 which one was against us :brock:. Still years and major investment away from getting near them finances are still hindering us from progressing although not terrible there isn't enough to invest in any of our facilities. Made worse is our training facilities got downgraded! We need to push for Europe and with wales coefficient going up we have an extra spot to aim for this season.

Cup - Had a very good run in both cups unfortunately we drew TNS in the Semi final of the MG Cup losing on pens and met them again in the Quarters of the Welsh cup losing 4-1 they are just so good!

u19s retained the title

Notable Player Performances

James Rodon 21A - Returned to form this season with Player of the Year

Ben Walters 21K - Pushed Cameron Jones out of the team and has cemented his place as our main striker

Jonathan Grifiths-Holmes 21H - Still putting in stellar performances as our main centre back

Youth Candidates - My coaches are very excited about one of our players this season "Sib Khumalo" a South African Attacking midfielder so if he realises his potential i may need a formation change but will try train him as a centre mid advance play maker for now,

Sibongiseni Khumalo 25F - Potential to be one of the best Port Talbot youth player ever

Donald Buchanan 25G - Scottish centre back with great potential could breakthrough this season

Joel Hopkins 25E - Decent holding Midfielder

Career Stats -

Season	Division		Pos	Welsh Cup		NMG Cup		Euro League		Champions League		Achievements
2020/21	JD South		4th	Quarters		Quarters	N/A			N/A													
2021/22 JD South		1st	Semi Final		2nd Round	N/A			N/A				Champions, Manager of the Year
2022/23	JD Premier		7th	Quarter Final		2nd Round	N/A			N/A				Manager of the Year
2023/24	JD Premier		5th	Runner Up		2nd Round	N/A			N/A				Manager of the Year
2024/25	JD Prmeier		5th	Semi Final		Quarters	N/A			N/A				

Player Stats - 

Season		Player of the Season		Young Player of the Season		Top Goalscorer			Top Assists				Highest AvRating	
2020/21		Keiran Thomas			Keiran Thomas				Keiran Thomas (11)		Morgan Thomas (8)			Matthew Beynon (7.12)	
2021/22		James Rodon 21A			James Rodon 21A				Cameron Jones (11)		James Rodon 21A (13)			James Rodon 21A (7.10)
2022/23		James Rodon 21A			James Rodon 21A				Cameron Jones (11)		James Rodon 21A (14)			James Rodon 21A (7.19)
2023/24		Jonathan Grifiths-Holmes21H	Jonathan Grifiths-Holmes 21H		Cameron Jones (7)		James Rodon 21A (6)			Jonathan Grifiths-Holmes 21H (6.99)	
2024/25		James Rodon 21 A		James Rodon 21A				Ben Walters 21K (12)		Barry Kinsey 21N (7)			James Rodon (6.97)

Club Details -

Season		Junior Coaching		Youth Recruitment		Youth Facilities		Training Facilities		Av Attendance		Season Tickets	
2020/21		Average			Limited				Poor				Adequate			251			145	
2021/22		Average			Limited				Poor				Adequate			263			159
2022/23		Average			Limited				Poor				Adequate			228			176
2023/24		Average			Limited				Poor				Adequate			232			179
2024/25		Average			Limited				Poor				Below Average			223			180

Edited by weepube

So James Garner is a wanted man.

I don't think I can keep him forever. He has one year left on his contract and I have an option to extend his contract with further two years.

I have already dismissed several bids on him in the January transfer window, but I have actually never been in a position in this challenge where I can actually make a choice whether to hold on to my talented player or not.

What do you do in these circumstances? Hold on to him and utilise his playing skills until he has for instance one year left on his contract and hope his value will rise, and sell him with a good percentage of next sale clause.

Or sell him prematurely for a lower initial fee, missing out on a great player that could potentially have lifted the squad, but avoid your board taking rash decision.

20200409235915_1b5c3f8948e05337d.jpg

20200409235907_183b7ace3fe06f9db.jpg

Relgated and sacked. It was easy to see our issues, the youth intake didn't really help us solve our midfield issues, but lack of goals were are huge crux, our last 17 games (of a 30 game season) we didn't score in 14 of them. 

70NiOJr.jpg

Guess I'll reload and try again, maybe in a different country

40 minutes ago, weepube said:

Notable Player Performances

James Rodon 21A - Returned to form this season with Player of the Year

Ben Walters 21K - Pushed Cameron Jones out of the team and has cemented his place as our main striker

Jonathan Grifiths-Holmes 21H - Still putting in stellar performances as our main centre back

Youth Candidates - My coaches are very excited about one of our players this season "Sib Khumalo" a South African Attacking midfielder so if he realises his potential i may need a formation change but will try train him as a centre mid advance play maker for now,

Sibongiseni Khumalo 25F - Potential to be one of the best Port Talbot youth player ever

Donald Buchanan 25G - Scottish centre back with great potential could breakthrough this season

Joel Hopkins 25E - Decent holding Midfielder

If you don't start paying these lads more money they might turn to a career in modelling ;)

(except Joel)

18 minutes ago, andershs said:

So James Garner is a wanted man.

I don't think I can keep him forever. He has one year left on his contract and I have an option to extend his contract with further two years.

I have already dismissed several bids on him in the January transfer window, but I have actually never been in a position in this challenge where I can actually make a choice whether to hold on to my talented player or not.

What do you do in these circumstances? Hold on to him and utilise his playing skills until he has for instance one year left on his contract and hope his value will rise, and sell him with a good percentage of next sale clause.

Or sell him prematurely for a lower initial fee, missing out on a great player that could potentially have lifted the squad, but avoid your board taking rash decision.

He's a good little player. Extend his contract for sure! Once that comes to end your team might have improved enough (probably not though) that he will want to sign a new contract. If he still wants to leave then I would say try to sell him for 50% of future fee plus a couple bucks if possible. If you can't get any money €0 + 50% of next sale is still better IMO then anything below €500k or thereabouts. I wouldn't let him go on a free unless your financials are absolute set. But I highly doubt that for a club below England's top tier.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Crayam99x said:

If you don't start paying these lads more money they might turn to a career in modelling ;)

(except Joel)

They are very good hey search chilled moose on twitter have to pay for them but when doing youth challenges i feel it adds so much more to the game!

Edited by weepube

8e99cb0efd8973e505db072e8bb9dcaa.png

FC Dnepr Mogilev - 2027 Season Review

Competitions |  Squad  |  Awards  |  Overall Best Eleven  |  Transfers |

|  Evgeniy Fedorov 2A  |  Valeriy Kipra 6B  |  Anton Kondratovich 3A  |

A bit of second season syndrome here, as we struggled for most of the season. I say we struggled, but the media said we massively overachieved. I probably agree with the media when taking a closer look at things, because we still have no business being in this division let alone getting good results. The only major change next season will be the departure of our starting RB Yuriy Alshanik 5C* as I forgot he was still on a youth contract and was stolen by Dynamo Brest despite me offering twice as much money as they did. Doesn't he know that in 5-10 years (during his peak) we will be putting Dynamo Brest to shame? He's going to have to learn the hard way. We do have some options to replace him, none of which are as good, but will be good enough to hold the fort while the youngsters get ready to take over. Speaking of the youngsters, our youth system is showcasing its effectiveness, after our U19s finished 2nd in the league, scoring 18 goals more than their nearest rivals. So there's plenty of positives on the horizon, despite haemorrhaging money like nothing else.

Youth Intake

863afc224ada3f9b8f477f2509ffd82f.png

|  Maxim Sentyurov 8A  |  Sergey Bulay 8B  |  Nikolay Boltrushevich 8C*  |

Another decent intake, with 2 5* prospects. Out of these guys I like Bulay the best, although having a RB coming in helps as I forgot to offer our starting RB a professional contract so he went and signed for Dynamo Brest :seagull:

Progress

0e7bd19e9e3c4e9a65695c126832653f.png

Edited by shaunvamos

FC Dnepr Mogilev - 2028 Season Review

|  Vladislav Mikhaltsov 2M  |  Valeriy Kipra 6B  |  Andrey Melnikov 2N  |

Another season of safety, although we seem to be struggling more and more results wise, although our goals for/against appear to be improving, so I think a turnaround is right around the corner. We coped a lot better with the loss of our starting right back, as Sergey Kovalev 7C really stepped up development wise, here's his development curve. He's actually become our best player out of nowhere, and still has a lot of growing to do. I feel like we will really start to push for progression in two seasons time. Another board takeover, another temporary rescue from debt. In more positive news, our U19s won the league and won it comfortably.

Youth Intake

341468fe71a7ac43d8faa0a694aadec7.png

|  Evgeny Kuznetsov 9A  |  Alexandr Moroz 9B  |  Mikhail Manyukov 9C  |

We got a Russian, and he looks excellent. However, we really don't need more wingers at this point.

Progress

a8fc1779488278d8fd006d16dbc9a6b9.png

Edited by shaunvamos

2 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

@shaunvamos Doesn't matter as much to me now, but did you get a season overview in the first season? I was going to post Overall Best XI on my update, but I didn't actually have one by the time I was sacked at the end of the second season (maybe nobody was worthy :rolleyes:)

You know what, I don't think I remember seeing one! That being said, I didn't really look, but you shouldn't have to. 

FC Dnepr Mogilev - 2029 Season Review

|  Evgeniy Fedorov 2A  |  Vladislav Mikhaltsov 2M  |  Vladislav Dekhtyar 4A  |

Another season, another dance with relegation, although we hit a run of form late, winning our last 4 games which pushed us well clear of the zone. Defensively, this was our best year, but offensively it was our worst. That being said, the trend of conceding much less is very promising, although we still ranked among the worst.  Next season, though. That's the one I'm waiting for.

Youth Intake

ac6e47fa62e1a3c654b51d7908269329.png

|  Vladimir Alshanik 10A*  |  Pavel Fomin 10B  |  Igor Lisovskiy 10C  |

An excellent intake, and although we get yet another winger, but the spread of positions is much more ideal, with an promising striker and CM. 

Progress

0c95aeb370c09f43f020bc1785eb4cc3.png

Edited by shaunvamos

On 07/04/2020 at 19:17, ATW said:

2024 End of Season Review/Youth Update

Can we continue our rise or will it be back to the bottom end again in 2025! 

File:ABC FC - RN.svg

2025 Half Year Update

There above is quote from myself, anyone want to guess which way the club went, sitting at the half way point.  Well...

The club once again won the Potiguar State Championship, we also went the furthest we ever did in the Copa do Brasil, losing 3-2 on aggregate in the third round.  So I thought, maybe just maybe this season we can, if not improve, at least consolidate mid table in Série B... I was wrong, after 19 games the position I'm in looks like this...

image.thumb.png.6656f2a1fc4360ca185a50742f5f6d74.png

As you can see 2025 has been a mitigating disaster in the league.  I could be looking for a new start very soon, depends on how much capital I have in the bank with the Board, although Presidential Elections due in December...

Away from on the pitch, the Youth Candidacy has been produced...

image.thumb.png.f9275acda7e47ccf2472d8dcf2431873.png

Also, not going to give a full list of how the youth, but star man Pipcoa (21b) has left for Saudi ****ing Arabia... 

2025 Quick Update

Match day 23... we won a game, I repeat, we won a game.  This is not a joke, we won a game

image.thumb.png.7fccfd04a88e5bacb4e8d8291edfb6d3.png

I won't lie, when Pachu scored the winner - my celebration may never be matched, even if I was to win the league :D

I've been itching to try this properly recently, lurking in the thread for a while weighing the decision up. I started one with Palermo earlier in the year but real life events and lack of motivation killed that off pretty quickly.

So after many many hours reloading, I finally got one of the two teams I wanted to give this challenge a try with and finally, I am the new manager of Worthing FC. Simple reason being, they're the team geographically closest to me eligible for the challenge. Well, 2nd behind Lewes, but they didn't appear once on my reloads.

I could tell this was going to be a challenge when I checked the squad and including the youth from last year, they had 16 players,  3 of which were goalkeepers, after the clubs 4 best players all decided to leave on frees, due to Worthing not being at the required level. Any accumulation of suspensions or injuries at the same time could and likely would ruin things very quickly.

Profile | Facilities | Club Vision

The board want us to just survive. The media have us as finishing rock bottom.

I'm currently in February in Season 1, so hopefully a season 1 update shortly, although with FF7R out today, there might be a little delay :D

2025 Season Review and Youth Details

The season is over.  As the preparation for the Serie C Campaign begins now, I have managed to placate, so far the better players in my squad. The main season was an absolute disaster but as mentioned before, another (5th in a row) Potiguar State Championship. 

The bottom of the league table looked like this...

image.thumb.png.bbc386986b8c6cbae2b6a349083318ec.png

Transfers for the season

As for the Youth, here we go...

Candidates.

Nem (20b) - Reserve keeper.  Will be keeper in all but Série C for 2026.

With Pipoca leaving no players that I initially chose remain.

Marcelo Augusto (22a) - Main stay at the back, when fit but injuries have been a major problem in 2025

Aleluia (22c) - Continues to be a bit part player.  Needs to push

Heurelho Campos (23a) - Spent most of the season on loan at Jacuipense

Fabio Martins (23b) - Another bit part player, likely going on loan in 2026

Marcos Paulo (23c) - Spent the season on loan, probably going to be repeated in 2026

Russo (23d) - 2025 he was on loan.  Undecided for 2026

André Pablo (24b) - Spent 2025 on loan to Pysandu. Likely to play a part in 2026

Marlos (24c) - Spent the season on loan at Ponte Preta after a successful trial.  If I manage to keep him, will likely be a main stay in 2026

Hiltinho (24d) - spent 3 months on loan before returning to be a semi regular player in the later part of the season.  More to come in 2026

Giuliander Valdez (25a) - Moved to senior side for the Potiguar State Championship.  Will see how he gets on before decided further

Claudiano Horácio (25b) - Young attacking midfielder

Ernani (25c) - Young stiker

Romildo (25d) - Another young stiker

So year 6, back into Série C I go! 

XaW - Folkestone Invicta - 2022/23

200px-Folkestone_Invicta_F.C._logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two playoffs in a row, could a third be the time we get up? Well, not this season at least. Now, our lack of good youth players are starting to show. The other teams around us are improving, but I'm still mostly using my starting players. Only a few are playing regularly, and I don't see that changing, unless we get some money from somewhere. The season itself was a big step backwards. We fought to avoid being dragged into the relegation zone, but still dipped in a few times. Towards the end we did a bit better and finished without that much of a scare in 17th, 7 points ahead of the relegation zone.

Some youth players are coming a long nicely, like Malte Eckardt 21a, our first choice left back. But I had to give him a big contract to avoid some American teams picking him on a free when his contract ended this summer. Ian Corcoran 21b also played a lot of matches, due to our lack of central midfielders. The youth intake this season were better this time around, but not great. Ronan Dolan 23a is a pretty good central defender, and should come in handy. With our lack of midfielders, Sonny Cooksley 23c will also play a lot in the future.

In the FA Cup we beat Totton, Hartley Wintney and Dartford before losing to Grimsby in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we beat Highworth, Barnet and Havant & Waterlooville before losing to Chester in the 3rd round.

Season    |  League        | Pos  |   Europe  |     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   | Vanarama South |  2nd |   n/a     | Lost in playoff final
2021/22   | Vanarama South |  4th |   n/a     | Lost in playoff semi final
2022/23   | Vanarama South | 17th |   n/a     | Didn't get relegated

Season    |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac   | Youth Fac
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21   |  Basic        |  Limited          | Poor           |  Poor
2021/22   |  Basic        |  Limited          | Poor           |  Poor
2022/23   |  Basic        |  Limited          | Poor           |  Poor

Celebest_F.C._logo.png.2d575ef68f8b5a0e08e7125d3ab1d5b9.png
Season 2022 Review
Screens of Transfers - League Table - Fixtures - Top Scorer & Top Assists

We got a very good intake which I sadly forgot to take a screenshot from the moment they went in.
A couple of players went straight into the first team. The level in Indonesia is really sad to be honest. I except to be topping the league in 2 to 4 seasons.
My youth coaching and recruitment got another update. To upgrade the facilities themselve, we still lack a lot of money.
I sold some youth players who I think are not up for the task. I want to keep enough for the u21s and u18s so they can develop too tho.
Our second and 3rd team both won their respective competitions.
Two players get call-ups for the Indonesian u23 and u19. Our captain, Ramahdan and our central defender/stopper  Kusuma.

This season?
We started off like a rocket. Battling for top 5 until the last 1/3rd of the season.  Our youngsters collapsed after that. Also teams started to play more carefully against us.
And since we play a possession styled football teams began countering against us and closing up shop at the back. We still need to learn to deal with that.

Goals for next season?
Take the best new youngsters in the first team.
The next preview is promising.

https://i.gyazo.com/f1313958699cf378eb5f117553683a12.png

Edited by OrToDaRy282

2026 Season Update 1 - The rip the heart out of the Youth Update...

Decided to do more, maybe shorter updates.  This one, is on the eve of the start of the Série C but is more significant for other reasons. 

At this point, the Potiguar State Championship has coming to an end, it ended the same way as the other 5 campaigns in the tournament, as ABC FC once again running out winners.  Making it 6 in a row for myself, and 8 for the Club.  We are also no longer in the Copa do Brasil as defeat in the second round seen our participation end.

Meanwhile in the Copa do Nordeste, we were drawn in Group B.  Still early on in the campaign, as we have only played two games - winning one, and losing one. 

image.png.9444d0dda1305096929bde48dd285eeb.png

But the main reason for the update is the state of the Club transfers... it has literally ripped the heart of my last two youth inductions. 

image.thumb.png.9349ab444eff4e1f73c888309fa584ed.png

These transfers now leave us with only one picked players from the 2024 and 2025 intake that I decided to keep an eye on.  Really upsetting to be honest.  While Bob, the best midfielder in the team, by a long shot and Jardel Anderson the best right back have also been sold. 

Other transfers, have been loans and look like this...

image.thumb.png.8b09da4c92546cbac5be0e5843045dee.png

Well, in what was not any sort of surprise, I've been relegated from the bottom league in Ukraine after 20 consecutive losses. My inherited team probably had some good players, but not a single centre back which was shown in the 79 goals we'd conceded in 24 games before I got the boot. Really not managing to get a good start in these thus far, but alas, I'm still enjoying it, so lets try again. (given how not good both my attempts have been so far I'm likely to hold off writing any updates until I've actually managed to get started.) Now to pick a different country to fail in :D

S.C. Lourinhanense

3598_imgbank.png

Season Preview 2022-23

Squad | Finances |Expectations

Manager's Notes

This could be a very interesting season. We've got a squad of decent players with a lot of potential development ahead of them. Unfortunately, we've had a lot of interest in some of our better players. Keeping a hold of them will be essential, but I think we can have a go at a top-half finish this season. I'm looking to bed in some more youths to try and force their growth a little and establish a reliable starting 11 for the future.

Players to Watch

Vítor Patrocínio

vvc2nK4.png

I show him off every time, but his development has really impressed me. He's walked into the team as the starting goalkeeper, a role which could be his for the remainder of his career if he keeps developing. A few Second Division teams are sniffing round him, giving me a gauge of his potential.

Igor Esgaio

xgXc59t.png

I sense a lot of potential from this guy. His growth so far has been great and I'm sensing more to come. As a creative winger, I reckon he could be in the side for years to come. 

Jorge Rosado

gqThvaF.png

Jorge has went under the radar a bit. I saw he had potential, but didn't consider him being a major player. However, my u19 staff seemed really high on him, so I gave him a few testers in some tough pre-season games, where he shined. I think he's got a lot of potential to grow into and once those shooting stats are improved a bit, we could have a fine striker on our hands.

YQyDUUc.png

:seagull::seagull::seagull:

Saw he was getting tapped up by PL teams, so I offered him out. Had a deal with a couple clubs for 50% of the next fee and £50,000 up front, then he takes the worst deal for us he could have. Fuming isn't the word.