Tonight! For one night only! The Tenth Annual FMCU Awards!

Deisler26

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

redcarpet

"Hi Deisler, it's Anne here on the red carpet!"

"Hi Anne! What's it like down there?"

"Well, the buzz is growing and growing. First we had a limousine turn up and 6 men with bald heads got out and walked into the theatre. After that, we were treated to Hakan Tellus and Alicia Vikander rolling up in their customised 1936 Ford. Pulling out all the stops now!"

"Wonderful, but have we seen any of the people nominated yet?"

"Apparently @oriole01 was spotted trying to get in, but Security mistook him for a crowd member and threw him out, claiming he looked like, let me check...."A knock-off f**king Harry Potter"..

"A bit harsh, Anne?" 

"Not really, he really does look like a Lidl Harry Potter!"

"That's great, back to you soon"

Just now, deltablue said:

Also Jimbo can look forward to his thread being called by its actual name this time ;)

Who knows, we might just call it "Jimbo's Thread" out of tradition now :D

2 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

"Apparently @oriole01 was spotted trying to get in, but Security mistook him for a crowd member and threw him out, claiming he looked like, let me check...."A knock-off f**king Harry Potter"..

"A bit harsh, Anne?" 

"Not really, he really does look like a Lidl Harry Potter!"

I'll take a different red carpet reporter, please :rolleyes:

"Ladies and gentlemen! It is my honour to declare this awards session....OPEN! Now, before I hand you over to the house band for the first time this evening, I want to pass on some sad news..."

"As some of you will know, Claire was our red carpet reporter for many years. She reported on @dafuge's incredible win streak and some mighty strange fashions. However, in time, her services were not needed and she struggled to find other work. Eventually, she found herself in the Mediterranean and, whilst on a boat out past Sardinia, she spotted a shiny thing in the water that looked like @Raware's legendary silver shoes and  dived in to interview them. She never surfaced. From all of us here, we send our heartfelt condolences to her family. RIP Claire..."

1 minute ago, deltablue said:

Before we begin, I'd just like to say a few words. It's a shame I couldn't make this a hosting swansong but I wasn't sure about my academic schedule, indeed having had to submit my first assignment of the term a couple of Sundays ago, my next one is due this coming Sunday. Then I have twice as long to do the next one which doesn't require me to write as much, because Dundee logic I guess. Unfortunately I also lost my favourite Mexican aunt (and godmother) a week and a half ago, with other things going wrong since so while things are smoother again now, it would have been tricky to be motivated to do it right now as well as keeping up with the votes. I'm glad Deisler was able to do it instead as a tried and trusted host. Also I won't be on for too long (there was a reason I did it a lot earlier, and still needed tea) but it will be fun to see how it goes tonight.

Much love, man

"I did ask Zlatan to help me host tonight. but he said something about naked roundhouse kicks and balls deep in a Swedish milk maid. So I'm doing it on my own! 

The first award of the evening is the FMCU Best Newcomer Award! This award is one of the better ones that you can have. It shows that you have truly arrived on the FMCU stage...

So, without further ado, let us find out the winner.... *rips*

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! IT'S A THREE WAY TIE!! The joint winners are @Stuniverse, @_Ben_ & @scousevasey

*applause*

Edited by Deisler26

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

"I did ask Zlatan to help me host tonight. but he said something about naked roundhouse kicks and balls deep in a Swedish milk maid. So I'm doing it on my own! 

The first award of the evening is the FMCU Best Newcomer Award! This award is one of the better ones that you can have. It shows that you have truly arrived on the FMCU stage...

So, without further ado, let us find out the winner.... *rips*

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! IT'S A THREE WAY TIE!! The joint winners are @Stuniverse, @_Ben_ & @scousevasey

*applause*

Amazed to get views on my thread (and they have continued all year)

Amazed to get nominated

And shocked to have got enough votes to get a share of the award

Thanks to all who have read/contributed through the year, and I am glad of the house band for the night as they play into my FM20 plans in some way

If the Zlatan doesn't show up tonight, @ManUtd1, your FM20 thread will be #CANCELLED!

Congrats to our trio of winners, by the way. Great threads by all of you.

Edited by oriole01

"Wow. What a start to proceedings! Our first ever three-way, err, tie. Yes, that's it."

"Now, we move onto our second award of the evening. The Best FMCU Team. This is where all of us earn our metaphorical pay. Turning CM5 brass into FM19 gold. Or FM19 sh*t in some cases. This was a hotly contested category  with only one team receiving more than one vote.."

"That team was...*rips* @Makoto Nakamura's Croatia Berlin team!!!"

*applause*

5 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Image result for female red carpet reporter

"Hi, @Makoto Nakamura!"

"Congratulations on your award! Do you think that if you hadn't won this, it would have felt like a kick at the Balkans?"

Why thank you to everyone who voted! There was still more I could do but I left it on a high, there have been some pretty good teams this year!

"Thank you, Half Man, Half Biscuit!"

"Right. Let's get into the swing of the third award tonight. The third award tonight is for Best FMCU Journeyman Career. There's a voice. That keeps on calling them. Down the road. That's where they'll always be. Every stop they make, they make a new friend but they can't stay for long, you turn around and they're gone again. Maybe tomorrow, they'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, they'll just keep moving on"

"Some unsung heroes in this catagory with @Mandy42 & @TerminalPortugal both receiving at least one vote here. But..*rips*... it's that man again, @Makoto Nakamura, for The Perfectionist IV"

*applause*

Edited by Deisler26

Just now, Deisler26 said:

"HI @Makoto Nakamura!"

"Congratulations on your second award! Given that your thread is called The Perfectionist and it's the fourth incarnation, does that mean that you're actually not very good at it?"

Thank you again, I am actually terrible, I am a fraudulent perfectionist!

"We're certainly pulling out all the stops tonight!"

"Wait..what's that.. uh-huh. Oh.... Ladies and Gentlemen, I've just had a message from Security. Apparently @oriole01 has been put in time out for saying that the awards should be done "like that Mexican fella did". I apologise to all"

-----------------------------------------

"Anyway, after that unpleasantness, let's go on to award #4. Best FMCU Poster. This is for the poster that has helped or entertained the community most in this awards year. I, myself, have had a little bet on who's going to win this one and *rip* I don't think *tear* I'm going to be disapp... GOD-F**KING-DAMMIT..  The winner is @Jimbokav1971. All that money...wasted on Makot... I mean, CONGRATULATIONS..."

*Stunned applause*

1 minute ago, Deisler26 said:

"Wait..what's that.. uh-huh. Oh.... Ladies and Gentlemen, I've just had a message from Security. Apparently @oriole01 has been put in time out for saying that the awards should be done "like that Mexican fella did". I apologise to all"

"Anyway, after that unpleasantness, let's go on to award #4. Best FMCU Poster. This is for the poster that has helped or entertained the community most in this awards year. I, myself, have had a little bet on who's going to win this one and *rip* I don't think *tear* I'm going to be disapp... GOD-F**KING-DAMMIT..  The winner is @Jimbokav1971. All that money...wasted on Makot... I mean, CONGRATULATIONS..."

*Stunned applause*

Yay! Congrats Jimbokav:) well deserved! ...though I voted for someone else...

*Stunned applause*

I demand a re-count!

Or at the very least immediate acceptance into the fraudulence clique!

Thanks very much to all the idiots that voted. :lol:

"Hi @Jimbokav1971!"

"Congratulations on your award! Is it a case of quantity over quality?"

I have no idea, but I have absolutely no comment to make with regards to the accusations that that I am backed by a Russian/Brazilian/Scandinavian Oligark and the voting has somehow been rigged. 

(It's the only explanation... right?) :idiot: