Will FMT20 finally have a custom database/ Ingame Editor

For the Desktop version anyway? Its one feature people almost beg for each year and every year we're left disappointed that because the devs dont listen and yet again leave it out.

The full game has just become too much and the majority of the game is spent doing pointless tasks, something the editor can change, the database editor allows the game to be customised in better ways.

It really is a shame we are never listened to on this feature

No one but SI will know the answer, so all we can do is wait and see what is revealed for FMT.

18 hours ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

Its one feature people almost beg for each year and every year we're left disappointed that because the devs dont listen and yet again leave it out.

The full game has just become too much and the majority of the game is spent doing pointless tasks, something the editor can change, the database editor allows the game to be customised in better ways.

It really is a shame we are never listened to on this feature

Users are being listened to when it comes to feature requests. There are just obviously reasons why it hasn't been added. Maybe this year is the year? Who knows.

• 1 month later...
On 30/09/2019 at 06:50, HUNT3R said:

No one but SI will know the answer, so all we can do is wait and see what is revealed for FMT.

Users are being listened to when it comes to feature requests. There are just obviously reasons why it hasn't been added. Maybe this year is the year? Who knows.

Well it is a bit of a stretch saying they listen....custom db access has probably been the most wanted FMT feature more or less every year since the inception of FMT/C. For whatever reason they have purposely not implemented it despite the wishes of the fans. There can be sound logic behind not doing so, but the fact of the matter is that they have so far not listened to probably the most requested feature. 

On 30/10/2019 at 20:33, caz said:

the fact of the matter is that they have so far not listened to probably the most requested feature. 

Which should tell you something, surely?

SI always aim to implement the most popular feature requests where possible. They aren't stubbornly refusing to add an editor to FMT for ***** and giggles - it's clearly a difficult thing to do.

17 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

Having booted up FMT20 Beta is does say show in-game editor on the preferences page, so perhaps it is in this version (unless the menu has been brought over from FM20 and not edited accordingly - in which case it's a bug!)

hmmm

7 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Which should tell you something, surely?

SI always aim to implement the most popular feature requests where possible. They aren't stubbornly refusing to add an editor to FMT for ***** and giggles - it's clearly a difficult thing to do.

Just to clarify, my post was actually only aimed at the not answered community prayers regarding being able to use custom databases in FMT (like in full fat FM), not in regards to having in-game editor access.

And no-one is claiming it is something that is implemented overnight. However it should not be an impossible task to implement (for PC). If it is, then I will claim they have some quite sub-optimal design decisions regarding their overall data architecture. However at the end of the day it is a business decision. If they felt it would improve the game experience enough for enough people then they would implement it. And looking at it from the outside it has always seemed like their  vision is to cater for the PC crowd with FM, and the tablet/mobile/cross-device crowd with FMT.  The PC fans, who for whatever reason prefer the Touch version to the full fat version does not seem a priority segment for them. And thus features which does only apply to PC FMT users is less likely to be implemented. It sucks if you are part of that particular user group, but it is their prerogative.

If I remember correctly, I believe from previous discussions on these boards that one of the main reasons for the lack of an editor is that they don't want to create differences between the PC and tablet/switch versions of FMT. So they won't look at implementing it until it's possible to do across all platforms. Yes it sucks, but at least it is possible to use an external in game editor.

4 hours ago, Cal585 said:

If I remember correctly, I believe from previous discussions on these boards that one of the main reasons for the lack of an editor is that they don't want to create differences between the PC and tablet/switch versions of FMT. So they won't look at implementing it until it's possible to do across all platforms. Yes it sucks, but at least it is possible to use an external in game editor.

Well it sucks mainly to those who want to use the editor, that in game editor can't do which is edit leagues and competitions.

To be fair, i comprehend the reason for that, but I don't agree with it. I mean if you remove the three nation limit on PC and Mac, the cross save with the tablet is no longer possible. It confuses me why can't the editor have the same massage: "Using edit files, the cross-platform saves no longer works."

As someone who plays FMT exclusively on PC, I agree with you and dislike that my game feels like it is being marketed primarily at the tablet market and that PC is an afterthought

Edited by Cal585
Clarification

16 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I believe one thing that makes the editor harder to implement, is the fact that FMT is a multiplataform game, with the cross saving option, which means the editor must be compatible with PC, android and IOS.

Absolutely, you're right - but it doesn't sound technically impossible, I guess it only depends on whether SI wants to spend resources on it or not. Would be a shame if they didn't listen to the users. 

FMT19 has been nominated for Mobile Game of the Year at the Golden Joystick awards, having an in game editor would make it even better. 

Edited by charliebigpot

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I believe one thing that makes the editor harder to implement, is the fact that FMT is a multiplataform game, with the cross saving option, which means the editor must be compatible with PC, android and IOS. 

Wouldn't the restriction of 3 nations be in the same camp as the editor? I mean enabling the button it removes the restriction of the 3 nations, but cross-sync functionality will be disable.

Why not the same with the editor?

Edited by grade

8 hours ago, grade said:

Wouldn't the restriction of 3 nations be in the same camp as the editor? I mean enabling the button it removes the restriction of the 3 nations, but cross-sync functionality will be disable.

It could be a solution, but that would mean that users would have to choose between using the editor or the cross-sync... I don't think that would be a good thing. 

On the other hand, by releasing the editor only for the PC users, SI would marginalize a large chunk of users that only buy the android/IOS version. 

For all that, I think that the editor will only see the light of day when they figure out a way to have the edit files running both in the PC and the android/IOS version. 

1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

It could be a solution, but that would mean that users would have to choose between using the editor or the cross-sync... I don't think that would be a good thing. 

On the other hand, by releasing the editor only for the PC users, SI would marginalize a large chunk of users that only buy the android/IOS version. 

For all that, I think that the editor will only see the light of day when they figure out a way to have the edit files running both in the PC and the android/IOS version. 

I'm sorry, but why an editor in FMT, without cross-sync enable isn't a good thing? The option to remove the 3 nation limit was implemented, with the limitation that cross-sync wouldn't work and SI world didn't come to an end, then. It won't now with the editor.

As matter of fact, an FMT editor could bring more people to FMT playground. The more, the merrier, I say.

The potential to marginalize a large chunk of users, is not giving an editor to those that play FMT, suggested it and patiently waited for 6 straight years for the editor to come to FMT/Classic version. 6 YEARS...

@Lashley why the no GIF? Can you explain further, your reasoning.

12 hours ago, grade said:

I think it is a shame that instead of say a three country limit, there wasn’t just a limit on specific leagues uploaded, so In this instance, you could say just load up the 4/5 top tier leagues that you require for accurate squads. By not enabling the lower levels of a particular nation, the player pool would be kept to a good level.

This would enable an editor (of sorts), so that a gamer could tailor his player pool to the level he is playing. I.e. if I was playing as a Conference South side, I may want Scotland, Wales, Ireland and say France lower levels. That way the leagues would have an accurate reflection on the players that I may initially look to recruit. Same with if I was a Premier League manager, I may want top tier Spain, Italy, France, Holland and Germany, and not the lower levels from these countries.

Any others have thoughts on this potential introduction?

Edited by Musestar