Condition on latest update

• SI Staff

Can I get some feedback on the condition on the latest update - I know there are a very small minority of in-game players who appear capped slightly below 100% (normally 95-98% I believe) which is incorrect and will be rectified in a hot-fix shortly (hopefully next week all being well) but outside of that it should be working as expected ... ie. between matches mostly players will recover well into the 90% bracket if they have 7 days between matches and most will be definitely playable (ie. 90%+) even if they have matches every 4 days early in the season ... towards the end of the season some players will struggle a little for fitness if the games are coming thick and fast and sometimes you will find a player below 90% so you'll have to decide if he's good enough that he's worth playing when not fully fit or not.

(the information indicated here is 'generalised' and some players - notably very old or very young may differ somewhat, also keepers should be basically able to play nearly all matches)

If you're seeing different to this then please let me know and give me examples - ideally with save games, there is a chap named @WelshLen77  who posts here and appears to have a strong opinion about this so I'd be especially interested in hearing from him.

The update is a breath of fresh air, I actually have to manage my squad now and plan ahead which is great and immerses me with the game so much more then before.  Please don’t revert to before just  because a few whinging people can’t be assed to look after and manage their squad.

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

The update is a breath of fresh air, I actually have to manage my squad now and plan ahead which is great and immerses me with the game so much more then before.  Please don’t revert to before just  because a few whinging people can’t be assed to look after and manage their squad.

I'm not planning on doing much more regarding condition at present (apart from minor tweaks and bug-fixes as needed) and believe it 'should' be about right' which appears to be the opinion of most people with it.

A few have indicated they have issues/don't like it which is why I'm asking for feedback to see if their issues are because they've failed to update or whether they are things I need to take into consideration and potentially address.

PS - If you are playing the new update and enjoying it, please feel free to rate the game on the stores and let us know.

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, Markiboi2019 said:

Marc the last hot fix did as exactly as it says on the tin fixed the problem now enjoying FM again only fix now is man utd manager 😉

We are looking at potentially including that in a hot-fix, unfortunately he hasn't 'technically' got the job yet ... 

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can I get some feedback on the condition on the latest update - I know there are a very small minority of in-game players who appear capped slightly below 100% (normally 95-98% I believe) which is incorrect and will be rectified in a hot-fix shortly (hopefully next week all being well) but outside of that it should be working as expected ... ie. between matches mostly players will recover well into the 90% bracket if they have 7 days between matches and most will be definitely playable (ie. 90%+) even if they have matches every 4 days early in the season ... towards the end of the season some players will struggle a little for fitness if the games are coming thick and fast and sometimes you will find a player below 90% so you'll have to decide if he's good enough that he's worth playing when not fully fit or not.

(the information indicated here is 'generalised' and some players - notably very old or very young may differ somewhat, also keepers should be basically able to play nearly all matches)

If you're seeing different to this then please let me know and give me examples - ideally with save games, there is a chap named @WelshLen77  who posts here and appears to have a strong opinion about this so I'd be especially interested in hearing from him.

Hi Marc

its definitely in a much better place now than it was 4 days ago, when half my squad were stuck at 90%, and even less for those returning from injury (even if they’re be back in full training a month they’d still not budge from 80-85%. 

Glad you’re aware there’s still a few that have got stuck between 95-99%. Although it’s a minor amount, I do still see a difference when I go to make subs in the 60th minute. Even players with 15+ stamina seem to drain at least 10% more than the rest.

Can I ask, did the initial update change the display of fitness in game? Does the colour now change once they go below 85%? Was it previously after they went below 80%? Just curious. 

On a completely separate note, what is the longest time between a retirement and a regen/evogen? Been waiting 3 months for the new Chiellini with no luck. 

Cheers. 

• SI Staff

Can I ask, did the initial update change the display of fitness in game? Does the colour now change once they go below 85%? Was it previously after they went below 80%? Just curious. 

Yeah I tweaked it slightly so its more aligned with where I think things should be in terms of warning people about picking players for matches (ie. the more harsh colors act as a warning that a player is slightly tired/tired depending on color)

For instance a tired defender is possibly 'alright' if he's not up against a fast forward or you're expecting to dominate the match so he won't be running around all over the place, similarly a Target Man won't be doing as much running as a Poacher might etc.

(also watch the commentary for 'knocks' and such which might take off some condition)

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah I tweaked it slightly so its more aligned with where I think things should be in terms of warning people about picking players for matches (ie. the more harsh colors act as a warning that a player is slightly tired/tired depending on color)

For instance a tired defender is possibly 'alright' if he's not up against a fast forward or you're expecting to dominate the match so he won't be running around all over the place, similarly a Target Man won't be doing as much running as a Poacher might etc.

(also watch the commentary for 'knocks' and such which might take off some condition)

Thought it had. Thanks for that. 

I have just had one new bug appear that I’ve never seen before. A new youth promotion I’ve done during the Jan transfer window has signed his contract, and is now not only a 16 year old reserve team member, but apparently also a scout?? He doesn’t show on my staff list, but when I click his name it gives me the option of scout or player profile. Very odd!

Hi I am having an issue with condition, with players stuck between 90-95 no matter what adjustments I make. I tend to have a big squad of two players in each position plus a couple of utility players but I also tend to use lots of youth players. Current squad average age 22 with a 28 year old my oldest player who is my keeper. Has the update been set like this as youth players would always tend to have less condition? 

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, Redtom1984 said:

Hi I am having an issue with condition, with players stuck between 90-95 no matter what adjustments I make. I tend to have a big squad of two players in each position plus a couple of utility players but I also tend to use lots of youth players. Current squad average age 22 with a 28 year old my oldest player who is my keeper. Has the update been set like this as youth players would always tend to have less condition? 

Youth players are likely to recover somewhat more 'slowly' but they shouldn't get stuck - if you could forward a save onto me then I'd be interested in taking a look, we're hoping to get an update out to iron out any remaining glitches in the near future.

PS - A 90-95 condition rating should be fine to play with btw in case you were worried.

17 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Youth players are likely to recover somewhat more 'slowly' but they shouldn't get stuck - if you could forward a save onto me then I'd be interested in taking a look, we're hoping to get an update out to iron out any remaining glitches in the near future.

PS - A 90-95 condition rating should be fine to play with btw in case you were worried.

Hi Marc,

Not sure if there’s is a designated forum for bugs but I think I just found another weird bug. I offered Lloris a coaching role, he accepted (which in itself seems unfair as he was Spur’s starting GK and I stole him for free essentially). It said he’d remain on the playing staff but as had happened when I hired CR7 he disappeared as a player.

I happened to go into the league stats and checked who who top scorer etc, on the clean sheets my new GK coach was 3rd, so I clicked on him and it took it to a player screen saying he was in my squad. So I went back and checked and he wasn’t there, so went to my staff and he’d been sacked, and I could no longer offer him a coaching contract. Very odd. Luckily I had a save from the week before so fixed my mistake. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Mdev said:

Hi Marc,

Not sure if there’s is a designated forum for bugs but I think I just found another weird bug. I offered Lloris a coaching role, he accepted (which in itself seems unfair as he was Spur’s starting GK and I stole him for free essentially). It said he’d remain on the playing staff but as had happened when I hired CR7 he disappeared as a player.

I happened to go into the league stats and checked who who top scorer etc, on the clean sheets my new GK coach was 3rd, so I clicked on him and it took it to a player screen saying he was in my squad. So I went back and checked and he wasn’t there, so went to my staff and he’d been sacked, and I could no longer offer him a coaching contract. Very odd. Luckily I had a save from the week before so fixed my mistake. 

That is very odd - you don't happen to have that old save still do you? - if so could I borrow it please?

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That is very odd - you don't happen to have that old save still do you? - if so could I borrow it please?

I don’t have the old save, but I can recreate it with my current one becuase I’m still in the same season, and so Lloris will still be on the clean sheet list. 

How do I share it?

Am 12.3.2019 um 11:36 schrieb JamieLee90:

For me the new fitness update is great. 

Means you really need to look after your squad and use all your players and think 2 or 3 games ahead.

No team plays the same players week in week out. And I don't think it's too much of a time consuming addition. 

I'm all for quick pick up and play and no media interaction etc in the mobile version but we will want a some what realistic experience and squad rotation is just that.

What's the point in signing players if your not going to utilise the squad. Love the new addition and hope SI don't remove it in a future update. 

Just this. Agree 100%. 

I haven't noticed a drastic impact to player conditioning since the latest hot fix. In fact I prefer the original player conditioning update that was released within the winter update. It very much feels like the main reason I have for rotating my squad is to keep players happy and to maintain their attributes. It doesn't feel like conditioning is forcing (or encouraging) me to rotate my team.

I'm managing Lazio and I have one gold rated natural fitness coach and my training facilities are state of the art. So I realise this will have a big impact on player recovery. Anyone complaining about their player's recovery should upgrade their coaching and facilities if they haven't done so already.

During the months of February and March (a busy period of the season), I found that most of my first XI could play consecutive matches without suffering from a dip in performance. My fixture list had matches with only a three day interval in between them and I found that a lot of my players would, after three days rest, have a conditioning % rating of mid-to-high 90s. Only a handful of players would be in the low 90s. I had one instance of a player who had not sufficiently recovered in time for the next match. This was a player who had a conditioning rating of 88%.

I should probably state this is not ultra-scientific. If I really wanted to test this, (as I have done before) I would have played the same XI for every match. I have rotated the odd player due to the reasons highlighted above. But I do feel the developers could be harsher. I accept the argument that it would be unrealistic to have to rotate your team for every game but I feel the winter months /  end of the season should see more fatigue.

Hi Marc, apologies for not getting back to you in the previous thread. Been very busy.

Anywho, the new hot fix seems to be spot on. As you say not 100% fitness but at least players aren't all tired and jaded. One little niggling thing though is recently when I've dropped a first teamer for one game to rotate as they're fitness isn't 100%, I get a news bulletin or a message from my assistant saying that the player thinks they should be a first team regular when they are and have only missed one game. Seems to have gone up for me since the update. I never really encountered this before unless of course a player wasn't getting much game time.

Keep up the good work! Cheers.

On 20/03/2019 at 13:26, Lillywhite Dean said:

I haven't noticed a drastic impact to player conditioning since the latest hot fix. In fact I prefer the original player conditioning update that was released within the winter update. It very much feels like the main reason I have for rotating my squad is to keep players happy and to maintain their attributes. It doesn't feel like conditioning is forcing (or encouraging) me to rotate my team.

I'm managing Lazio and I have one gold rated natural fitness coach and my training facilities are state of the art. So I realise this will have a big impact on player recovery. Anyone complaining about their player's recovery should upgrade their coaching and facilities if they haven't done so already.

During the months of February and March (a busy period of the season), I found that most of my first XI could play consecutive matches without suffering from a dip in performance. My fixture list had matches with only a three day interval in between them and I found that a lot of my players would, after three days rest, have a conditioning % rating of mid-to-high 90s. Only a handful of players would be in the low 90s. I had one instance of a player who had not sufficiently recovered in time for the next match. This was a player who had a conditioning rating of 88%.

I should probably state this is not ultra-scientific. If I really wanted to test this, (as I have done before) I would have played the same XI for every match. I have rotated the odd player due to the reasons highlighted above. But I do feel the developers could be harsher. I accept the argument that it would be unrealistic to have to rotate your team for every game but I feel the winter months /  end of the season should see more fatigue.

I agree that it would be good to have points in the season where all players suffer from the cold weather and heavy pitches. I did like the initial update that slowed the recovery rate of all players, the only issue (which is still there for some players) was not being able to recover to 100%. 

On 16/03/2019 at 15:47, Marc Vaughan said:

Found another strange bug today for the first time. Eric Bailly clearly not enjoying City since I sold him, so Pep has transfer listed him.... they’re willing to accept offers in the region of £1billion??!!!

CA00131D-3C9A-49D0-8DB9-EE30CC5C1089.jpeg

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

So what has the update 10.2.2 changed to player conditioning? Just so I can compare it to the previous update/tweak.

It's been loosened a very little and the issue where a player was getting 'stuck' on a percentage incorrectly was fixed.

The next update will further tune things not removing the decaying but making it a little more prevalent for higher stamina players to recovery more visibly faster and for the reward for player rotation being slightly more apparent in terms of recovery (its close to where I really want it now and definitely very playable, but well I want better still ..).

PS - As an offset to this slightly increased recovery you will find that players actual form suffers very slightly more in terms of 'effect' during matches from wear and tear so their technical abilities aren't quite so sharp.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It's been loosened a very little 

Would this be another way of saying conditioning has been relaxed a little more? As you know, I'm in the 'harsher is better camp' so wondering if I should prepare myself for quicker recovery times.

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Would this be another way of saying conditioning has been relaxed a little more? As you know, I'm in the 'harsher is better camp' so wondering if I should prepare myself for quicker recovery times.

I know you're into 'harsher is better' - It is very slightly relaxed but not amazingly so and as I said this is somewhat offset elsewhere .. balancing gameplay is a thankless task for developers, there's always going to be someone upset ... but hopefully fewer each revision, the aim to to ensure its realistic and challenging - while rewarding people to clever behavior and not being so intense that someone casual can't play and have fun ... yeah so simple to do? ;)

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I know you're into 'harsher is better' - It is very slightly relaxed but not amazingly so and as I said this is somewhat offset elsewhere .. balancing gameplay is a thankless task for developers, there's always going to be someone upset ... but hopefully fewer each revision, the aim to to ensure its realistic and challenging - while rewarding people to clever behavior and not being so intense that someone casual can't play and have fun ... yeah so simple to do? ;)

Has the amount of fatigue in a game been tweaked to change around Xmas periods, or scorching hot days etc? Or is it simply a general reduction in the recovery time of the squad. 

In my opinion you seem to have made a problem out of nothing with regards to the conditioning and fitness of players after the winter update. Is there any way I can go back to the game I loved. I.e the version before the winter update? 

I think conditioning has more or less reverted back to how it was before the winter update.

I played three fixtures using the same starting XI in the month of February.

12 Feb - away to Atlanta (Serie A)

15 Feb - away to FC Koln (Champions League)

19 Feb - away to Empoli (Serie A)

It is match day on 23 Feb and only one of my starting XI has a condition rating below 90%. Seven of my starting XI have condition ratings of 96% and above.

I will see how this plays out in March and April but I'm not noticing much of a challenge in keeping my players fit. I'm hardly having to rotate at all.

P.S.

I should add that my starting XI for those three games is what I consider to be my strongest line up and so have selected them for the majority of games this season.

1 hour ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I think conditioning has more or less reverted back to how it was before the winter update.

I played three fixtures using the same starting XI in the month of February.

12 Feb - away to Atlanta (Serie A)

15 Feb - away to FC Koln (Champions League)

19 Feb - away to Empoli (Serie A)

It is match day on 23 Feb and only one of my starting XI has a condition rating below 90%. Seven of my starting XI have condition ratings of 96% and above.

I will see how this plays out in March and April but I'm not noticing much of a challenge in keeping my players fit. I'm hardly having to rotate at all.

P.S.

I should add that my starting XI for those three games is what I consider to be my strongest line up and so have selected them for the majority of games this season.

Same here. I liked the update that made fitness drop faster, my big issue was the glitch that prevented them from recovering to 100% that was affecting performances. I think a harsher fitness recovery is ideal, especially if they playing 3 times in 8 days. 

On 25/03/2019 at 23:20, Marc Vaughan said:

Has anything been changed with the loan out system? Finding it impossible to get young superstars out on loan. They have contracts under 3k, they’re all 4 star or better potential. I just get the same 2 clubs offering for all of them but they already have no space in their squad to loan them?

Try putting them in the reserves then go to managers settings and set the assistant to take care of loans 

14 hours ago, Mdev said:

Has anything been changed with the loan out system? Finding it impossible to get young superstars out on loan. They have contracts under 3k, they’re all 4 star or better potential. I just get the same 2 clubs offering for all of them but they already have no space in their squad to loan them?

8 hours ago, DarJ said:

Try putting them in the reserves then go to managers settings and set the assistant to take care of loans 

Tried, but still no luck. I’ve got about 18 that have gone out, and just 2 left. One is the Vidal regent and he’s 16, 1k contract and 5 star potential. I’ve listed him for loan, listed him and offered, unlisted him and offered. Nothing. 

I even turned off the loan restrictions so that clubs could take more of my players to the same team and no one even shows an interest. 

I started a new career managing LA Galaxy in the MLS. 

I find that my experience with conditioning is different to my Lazio save. After 12 league games, I have found myself occasionally rotating players depending on their attributes and how close fixtures are to one another. I have found this to be quite a balanced and enjoyable experience.

It made me wonder why the Lazio experience does not mirror this. The only real difference I can determine between Lazio and LA Galaxy is the fitness coach. At Lazio, I had state of the art training facilities and a Gold rated natural fitness coach. At LA Galaxy, I have state of the art training facilities and a Silver rated natural fitness coach.

You could also argue that the quality of players between the two clubs is a massive factor but the average stamina rating for my first XI at LA Galaxy is 12.7 out of 20.

So in my Lazio save, rotation due to conditioning was hardly needed. Does a Gold rated natural fitness coach make all the difference in how often you have to rotate your team?

• SI Staff
On 03/04/2019 at 05:46, Lillywhite Dean said:

So in my Lazio save, rotation due to conditioning was hardly needed. Does a Gold rated natural fitness coach make all the difference in how often you have to rotate your team?

For obvious reasons the stamina of your players, standard of facilities and coaches you have at a club can make quite a big difference to how fit your players are and how robust they are in the face of heavy fixture lists ...  I'd have thought the average stamina for your Lazio starting 11 would have been far above 12.7? ... was it not?

14 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

For obvious reasons the stamina of your players, standard of facilities and coaches you have at a club can make quite a big difference to how fit your players are and how robust they are in the face of heavy fixture lists ...  I'd have thought the average stamina for your Lazio starting 11 would have been far above 12.7? ... was it not?

Yes it must have been. Unfortunately I have accidentally overwritten my Lazio save with my LA Galaxy save but yes, I think it's safe to assume that the average stamina rating for my Lazio squad would be higher than 12.7.

I'm beginning to get a better understanding of it all now. I think the conditioning tweak is working quite well.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I'm beginning to get a better understanding of it all now. I think the conditioning tweak is working quite well.

Cool - glad to hear that :D

• 1 month later...

I take back everything I said about enjoying the new condition update, it’s an absolute joke now tbh. My 2 world class centre backs are jaded after every game it’s pathetic, since when has Ramos had to miss a game after every match because he is ****ed. Please update soon I’m running out of patience. 

6CBB5C57-762B-4FE7-8E2E-CBC75B6AFF3B.png

0D6C2B68-F22E-4041-9D51-CE302E7BB617.png

EBFF1057-5C3B-4501-80AC-B2D42E67CE4B.png

I very much like players conditioned which we're seeing right now. Just few small tweaks and I' be perfect:

-"Is jaded and needs rest". This is one that can be understood many ways. Is the scope in this from Tired to absolutely exhausted or is it allready pushed too far? I mean, what a quality feature it would be for physio to step forward and give you warning that player just cannot play anymore before week or two proper rest. Scoping tireness levels like: Slightly tired (okay player can manage for short period without problems) - Tired (Some wear in performances) - Jaded (Okay can play somewhat effectively for a match, especially important one) physio gives you warning that player is in great danger of injuring himself.

-"Give player 2 days rest" option or feature to give him boost for recovery. Might result drop in sharpness and readiness to play, but condition gets a boost. Oh, and unprofessional player might still hurt himself (Going to club etc.) or drop training levels after a short break

-Good and ambitious player moaning "Shocked at not being regular first teamer" and transfer request needs to be toned down. I've lost few players because of this (Had to sell because it really affected their performances)

At this moment, players are once again getting to full fitness quite fast. Or is it dependent on which part of season I'm at? Poor stamina (and natural fitness) players would be knackered middle and late season would add very nice touch! 

FMM19 is playing out very nicely nowadays, so I'd like to thank you for very (hard) good job you'd made SI.

22 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

I take back everything I said about enjoying the new condition update, it’s an absolute joke now tbh. My 2 world class centre backs are jaded after every game it’s pathetic, since when has Ramos had to miss a game after every match because he is ****ed. Please update soon I’m running out of patience. 

6CBB5C57-762B-4FE7-8E2E-CBC75B6AFF3B.png

0D6C2B68-F22E-4041-9D51-CE302E7BB617.png

EBFF1057-5C3B-4501-80AC-B2D42E67CE4B.png

What tactics are you using?

Are you trying to play a pressing game for 90 minutes?

7 minutes ago, JimJobs2 said:

What tactics are you using?

Are you trying to play a pressing game for 90 minutes?

In this case I think the tactic I’m using is irrelevant, this is Ramos and Koulibaly not some 18 year old rookies. Liverpool play the most aggressive pressing game I’ve seen in a long time and is  Van Dijk knackered after every game...   the tactic argument is nonsense.

I agree to the extent that CBs are getting too tired.

The tactic argument isn't nonsense though. The Liverpool players are exceptional both with condition and mentally. You can't support an argument by comparing a team who are the best in the world at aggressive high energy pressing with any team (even other elite teams) and say - they do it why can't my team?

You still have to play to your strengths and weaknesses and if you are 99% of other teams you can't press for 90 minutes.

Ok so basically what your saying is if I was Liverpool and I played a high pressing game my players wouldn’t get jaded. Maybe I should sign Van Dijk then seeing as he is exceptionally conditioned and mentally strong as you say.

if I’m not mistaken a high press doesn’t even involve your CB’s pressing. It’s the forwards and midfielders that do the pressing for you when possession is lost. So I’m my opinion a CB should in no way be getting jaded/tired every other match, it’s ridiculous. What are Ramos and Koulibaly’s stamina levels like @Mikee1984?

27 minutes ago, NickThomas said:

if I’m not mistaken a high press doesn’t even involve your CB’s pressing. It’s the forwards and midfielders that do the pressing for you when possession is lost. So I’m my opinion a CB should in no way be getting jaded/tired every other match, it’s ridiculous. What are Ramos and Koulibaly’s stamina levels like @Mikee1984?

Yeah good point that with regards to the press not really involving the cbs, with regards to there stamina they are both 17 so that guy can save his tactic bs argument.

7DCB3279-B10B-4012-B0EC-4CF414FC7D9D.png

03B8DA46-78B6-42DF-8354-63560C7CB245.png

Guys, calm down.

I think there is agreement CBs are getting too tired.

Marc is constantly working on tweaking the balance so, rather than getting outraged and indignant, it might be more helpful to post examples to help with the balancing.

5 hours ago, JimJobs2 said:

Guys, calm down.

I think there is agreement CBs are getting too tired.

Marc is constantly working on tweaking the balance so, rather than getting outraged and indignant, it might be more helpful to post examples to help with the balancing.

Everyone is calm here lad, i was posting examples for SI to look at and you came back with your tactical argument and people have responded.  Clearly your not happy because your argument was proved to have no substance.

Archived