Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had to register my disgust. This bloody activation code will be the death of me (or my girlfriend if she keeps looking at me that way)

If I had wanted to play Sudoko I'd of bought a book not a computer game. I am well peed off with trying different combinations of 0 and O with I and 1 thrown in for good luck and thinking why the hell should I be doing this.

I think Si better have a rethink right now as to activation of this bloody thing because my copy is going to have to be returned never to be replaced.

If you are still online, have a look at this thread. We've set up a sight to put your code into and it should tell you what should be an 0 and O etc

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

This will translate your key and you can then install!!!!

Big up to Murray and his colleagues at Sega for getting this sorted!!

FINALLY I CAN PLAY!

Once I find my shortcut!

Thanks Huw for being the 'human' guineau pig on our proposed fix :)

Anybody else still struggling, please use the URL above, or the instructions here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=61131

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor quality printing.

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com"

This is the crap I got. I'm posting on here with INTERNET CONNECTION... thank you.

It's not the License Key, as I've entered every possible combination.

Why exactly do companies use letters and numbers rather than just letters? It's make it all far easier.

Lets assume a VERY short code. Just 12 letters long. We still have over 95,000,000,000,000,000 combinations. Lets assume 95 million copies of FM are produced. Yes, it's the best selling game ever, by a long long margin.

We still have 1 real combination in every MILLION combinations. Unless i've done my sums wrong here, that means that a selection of 12 letters would work perfectly, with a million to one chance of randomly getting it right. Add a 13th letter and you up that to 1 in 26million, even with 95million "real" codes. At 14, you have a one in 676million chance of getting a real code... Yes, with 95 million real codes in existence.

Do the extra 10 combinations make such a huge difference? With 12 letters, it has 50 times as many combinations. Make it 12 of a-z or 0-9 vs 13 just a-z and the alphanumeric is only twice as many codes. At 14 sets of digits (a-z) vs 12 sets of digits (a-z + 0-9) we suddenly have 13 times more combinations with our set of 14 digits.

So, would anyone here rather of had to enter two more letters rather than deal with numbers AND letters in the code? And just think, it'd be 13 times more secure at that!

I'll be leaving my laptop on tonight seeding the torrent (which downloaded for me at a fast rate anyway) for any Boxed-version players wanting to be prepared for tomorrow :)

on what tracker are the torrent file with FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009? please send me link !

Why exactly do companies use letters and numbers rather than just letters? It's make it all far easier.

Lets assume a VERY short code. Just 12 letters long. We still have over 95,000,000,000,000,000 combinations. Lets assume 95 million copies of FM are produced. Yes, it's the best selling game ever, by a long long margin.

We still have 1 real combination in every MILLION combinations. Unless i've done my sums wrong here, that means that a selection of 12 letters would work perfectly, with a million to one chance of randomly getting it right. Add a 13th letter and you up that to 1 in 26million, even with 95million "real" codes. At 14, you have a one in 676million chance of getting a real code... Yes, with 95 million real codes in existence.

Do the extra 10 combinations make such a huge difference? With 12 letters, it has 50 times as many combinations. Make it 12 of a-z or 0-9 vs 13 just a-z and the alphanumeric is only twice as many codes. At 14 sets of digits (a-z) vs 12 sets of digits (a-z + 0-9) we suddenly have 13 times more combinations with our set of 14 digits.

So, would anyone here rather of had to enter two more letters rather than deal with numbers AND letters in the code? And just think, it'd be 13 times more secure at that!

Trust me - this will never happen again! :eek:

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com"

This is the crap I got. I'm posting on here with INTERNET CONNECTION... thank you.

It's not the License Key, as I've entered every possible combination.

It must be the licence key - please visit the licence key help sticky.

I try to activate trough uniloc but it says that the program is unable to connect to the internet. How do i register this game?

Are you in Australia? As I think location may be a factor. I'm having the same EXACT problem. I've been having it for hours and hours.

Am I the only one who is still having the problem where you try to launch the game in Steam, it says it's preparing to launch it and then it disappears. I was getting the Failed to set up graphics card message, so I downloaded the Direct X update. But now it's just reverting to disappearing. The only aspect of my PC that didn't meet the initial spec was the graphic card- it's a Radeon 9250. Can this still be the problem even with the patch or am I doing something incredibly stupid. My version of the game is the Steam download, so I'm assuming I don't have to authenticate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mac users - it has not been possible to get the Mac update through our and SEGA's QA department in time for release tonight. We still plan to release this at some point tomorrow (Friday), and will update when we have more information.

Look forward to the Mac release, bit disappointed we have to wait an extra day, second-class citizens? :(

Thanks.

btw am i right in thinking us usa residents that pre ordered from steam have got to wait until monday to download the game/get our cd code , if so i am not happy at all, i can understand not being able to buy it in the shops here until a week or so after the uk/europe release , but how comes australia's supposed release date is before the usa's, oh and im not talking about the boxed version, i am talking about the steam version, i payed for mine weeks ago on steam !!!!

Martin

I got home from work at 6, I had my tea, I tried to install FM2009. After nearly throwing my Laptop out the Window Muzchap rescued me with the Activiation code! Then I had to install a new direct x update (at least si predicted this!) and its now 11.40pm and Im about to set a game up!

I wonder If ill make work or not!

SoftAnchor say there is a problem with their system. And they will post a solution on the forum.

This is useless man. I cannot believe it is so hard to do something which should be so easy. SoftAnchor doesn't work for me, Steam doesn't work for me and I live in Australia, so don't even know if i can ring someone to activate.

I would like the appropriate address (that's right, I'm sending a letter not an email, 1993 style) and a person (that's right, I'm swinging wild now) to whom I can register my disgust.

Archived