'Europa League 2': Uefa confirms new tournament from 2021

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

And before anybody asks: no, it is unlikely that this will be included in the next update:lol:

Actually in fairness I think it probably should be and wouldn't be surprised! Normally these announcements are little more than a "this is roughly what we want to do" but UEFA have actually to their credit put out a full access list for the exact structure which is more than enough detail for FM.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/58/61/42/2586142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

38 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Actually in fairness I think it probably should be and wouldn't be surprised! Normally these announcements are little more than a "this is roughly what we want to do" but UEFA have actually to their credit put out a full access list for the exact structure which is more than enough detail for FM.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/58/61/42/2586142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I don't think it's the lack of detail, more that it's a fundamental change to the structure of one of the largest confederations present in the game.  Given all the testing they'll already have to be doing for a large update, I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it until the next edition.  

Having said that, also wouldn't be particularly surprised if they did put it in.  

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

I don't think it's the lack of detail, more that it's a fundamental change to the structure of one of the largest confederations present in the game.  Given all the testing they'll already have to be doing for a large update, I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it until the next edition.  

Having said that, also wouldn't be particularly surprised if they did put it in.  

A fairly big change but nothing new whatsoever in terms of structure or mechanics that should, in theory, make it particularly hard to include. Heck, a user could make this base format in the Editor pretty easily, it's just that unfortunately you can't change the European competitions without getting rid of the coefficient system etc.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd imagine it will be in.  The general principle of how it operates has been known for a few months.

The name is new but I'd imagine there's no official licence for it so will be known as something else in the release edition.  Probably "Euro League" I'd guess (as "Euro Cup" is the Europa League).

18 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

I'd imagine it will be in.  The general principle of how it operates has been known for a few months.

The name is new but I'd imagine there's no official licence for it so will be known as something else in the release edition.  Probably "Euro League" I'd guess (as "Euro Cup" is the Europa League).

I would imagine that they would need the exact details on qualification and other logistical matters rather than the general principle of how it operates, and how the CL and EL will be correspondingly affected. As far as I'm aware (and I'd be happy to be corrected), I don't believe these have been announced yet.

16 hours ago, McClane29 said:

They've announced the stadiums for Champions League and Europa League finals for the next few years too, i.e. Wembley for UCL final in 2023.

Can I be rest assured that these details will be implemented to FM20?

I don't know but these would be a lot easier for SI to add, than a whole new competition and set of rules this late in the process of coding a new game... 

4 minutes ago, Mons said:

I would imagine that they would need the exact details on qualification and other logistical matters rather than the general principle of how it operates, and how the CL and EL will be correspondingly affected. As far as I'm aware (and I'd be happy to be corrected), I don't believe these have been announced yet.

Access list has been available for months - https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/58/61/42/2586142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

It's only relatively minor stuff not yet confirmed - the precise revenue allocation formula, any bonus coefficient points for qualification, and the criteria to host finals come to mind. But they're often not confirmed for even the CL and EL till the last minute and SI just have to make a reasonable estimate.

20 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Access list has been available for months - https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/General/02/58/61/42/2586142_DOWNLOAD.pdf

It's only relatively minor stuff not yet confirmed - the precise revenue allocation formula, any bonus coefficient points for qualification, and the criteria to host finals come to mind. But they're often not confirmed for even the CL and EL till the last minute and SI just have to make a reasonable estimate.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully it means that SI are in a position to include it in FM20 :thup: