Long Live the Kings

dafuge

e05a266.png

I've not played FM for a few months, so I've been looking for a club that I could manage as part of dafuge's FM19 challenge. Originally I was hoping for Met Police, but this club seems to be even better. For a start, the badge features the rose and crown, same as Hampshire cricket club.

Image result for gaywood park

JriDUba.png

The ground is as basic as it gets, but being just north of London I'm hoping there is potential for growth.

EzFMn7v.png

I love the black and white kit, I'm not such a fan of the red away kit.

Q8CO6Qm.png

I don't have many players at the moment, which should give me a chance to build my own squad for the first season.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U2RVSzv.png

Unbeaten in pre season, but our opposition were pretty poor. I'm still not convinced if we are good enough to survive.

1jBpnBY.png

I've gone way over my wage budget and this is all I have. Our defence is pretty decent, but we are missing a few midfielders.

2 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

You don't use any TI for the transition phase?

Just counter and distribute to flanks, which is similar to what I had before.

I may well change things though, this is the first time I've gone into a save 'cold' without playing the game beforehand and getting my tactics ready.

32 minutes ago, ricardomac said:

I have a question. How do you find players for your teams? Especially when playing in the lower leagues.

I use the player search for unattached players preferably under 21. With limited scouting it only gives me a small number of players, but there's usually a few decent players there.

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Vanarama National League South - 2019/20

The media prediction for my first season was 22nd, so this was likely to be a tough one. I was just hoping to pick up a few decent players in the hope of building a squad for next season.

League Table - 4th placed was a superb result, we were up there with the best but Woking ran away with it. We had a great start, but our small squad just couldn't cope when the fixtures built up.

Playoff 1st round - this could have gone either way, but the sending off helped us immensely.

Playoff semi final - we just weren't good enough.

FA Trophy - we had a few good wins, but couldn't quite complete the comeback against the team from the division above.

FA Cup - once again we came up short against National League opposition.

Squad - I think by adding two or three more players we could have a decent squad for next season.

Transfers - free transfers to give us a starting eleven.

Finances - the board injection of £100k really helped us out.

Key Player Profiles:

Top scorer - Wilberforce Ocran

Most assists - Jacob Bancroft

Highest average rating - Elliott Godfrey

Most valuable player - Toby Syme

Top youth product - Jez Hammond

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20     National League South        4th          Playoff semi finalists
Next Season:

I'm feeling positive about next season, as long as we get the right signings I think we can challenge for the title.

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Vanarama National League South - 2020/21

Last season we lost out in the playoffs, but with an improved squad I was hopeful of challenging for the title.

League Table - we had a poor start to the season and despite picking things up, we just didn't have the consistency to claim a playoff place.

FA Trophy - this wasn't a priority, so I used it to give the squad players a few games.

FA Cup - we got to play a team near the top of League 1, but the crowd didn't give us much of a financial boost.

Squad - despite signing a few key players, things didn't quite go as well as expected.

Transfers - the two late signings were great, but perhaps they upset the balance of the squad.

Finances - no injection this year, so we are in a bit of trouble.

Key Player Profiles:

Wilberforce Ocran - top scorer again, but he had a habit of going missing in the big games.

Lennon Peake - I thought he was the missing piece, but he still hasn't hit the form I was hoping from him.

Lee Connelly - a new signing who could be important for next season.

Kacper Kurylowicz - a solid keeper at this level.

Tom Warner - he scored quite a few in his debut season, could be one to watch.

Career Overview:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21     National League South        8th          
Next Season:

This season was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm still optimistic we have what it takes to challenge for promotion. The finances are a bit of a worry though, especially if the stadium needs upgrading.

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Vanarama National League South - 2021/22

Last season was a bit of a disappointment as we slipped back to 8th and missed out on the playoffs. This season I was hoping we could get back up there and challenge for the title.

League Table - we had some good spells, but just couldn't string together a sequence of wins to get us near the top. Eight 1-0 defeats this season cost us badly.

FA Trophy - not a priority, but this was still disappointing.

FA Cup - once again we came up short to the team in a higher division.

Squad - the squad is pretty decent, but it's hard to find my best eleven players.

Transfers - not too many this season.

Finances - the rented stadium helped us out here as I was able to clear the debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Wilberforce Ocran - top scorer, but I'm not sure he's really good enough.

Tom Warner - the youth product is in the first team now.

Ryan Clampin - a decent winger was badly needed.

Joe White - our most valuable player is this new striker.

Josh Barnes - a decent DM is crucial to my team.

Career Overview:

2020/21     National League South        8th          
2021/22     National League South        10th          
Next Season:

I'd honestly be happy with just an improved league position, although we really need to make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Well a bit of a surprise to see a slight struggle here! Perhaps just picking up a couple of better players could get this going upwards?

It could just be tactical, I've not gone into a save cold like this without tweaking my tactics first.

I've made a slight adjustment recently to try and tighten up the defence, hopefully that could make a difference.

7 hours ago, dafuge said:

It could just be tactical, I've not gone into a save cold like this without tweaking my tactics first.

I've made a slight adjustment recently to try and tighten up the defence, hopefully that could make a difference.

What was the adjustment?

18 hours ago, dafuge said:

We were getting caught quite a lot from long balls through the middle, so I'm defending a bit narrower and pressing more.

Interesting. I’ll check what I’m doing next time I’m near the game (I loved your FM18 tactic). I’m early going with an Everton save.

I was reading last night about potential issues with deep lying forwards and false nines and the like in the 19.1.4+ engine and I was wondering if you were noticing the same. SI and Rashidi agree it’s an issue on the thread so it’s not just a typical whiner either :-)

Edited by Joey Numbaz

On 19/11/2018 at 14:34, dafuge said:

xdEjE89.png

Never seen this before. It's a bit of a shame, but at least it solves the problem.

This is quite an interesting addition, as I'm guessing it's new for FM19. It has happened a few times in recent years that clubs haven't had the requirements for different things (Darlington and Poole were denied playoff places if they finished there due to stadium requirements) and other clubs had been forced to upgrade. I believe Truro have been forced to groundshare with Torquay this season due to similar circumstances to yourself.