Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM19 challenge

I will entering this, though not until the full game is out.  Not decided on who to manage yet either.  Maybe Salisbury?  Or Royston.  I will give it some thought.

<reserved for my annual hosting of saved games for the FM19 version of the challenge!>

Okay, here is an initial batch for those that don't want to worry about the holiday season.   I'll continue to add to this list of saves up thru release+ 1 week or so...there are 88 teams available for the challenge, and I hope to find at least 60 of them.

This first batch is from the BETA version of FM 19, was loaded with 24 leagues in 8 nations (all of UK&I +, I believe, Iceland), and has about 32K players in the database.  (Numbers in parentheses at end of line is my attempt to keep track of number of distinct teams I've found to that point).  Teams are listed in bold if it is the first time they appear on this list (thanks for the suggestion @oohlala111

•     Save 3a1  Halesowen, Gosport, Kingstonian, Whitehawk, Stalybridge, Gainsborough (6)
  •     Save 3a2 Kettering, Halesowen, Whitehawk, Kingstonian, Workington, South Shields (9)
  •     Save 3a3 Kettering, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Margate, Scarborough, Stalybridge (12)
  •     Save 3a4 Kettering, Halesowen, Chesham, Kingstonian, Gainsborough, King's Lynn (14)
  •     Save 3a5 Kettering, Gosport, Kingstonian, Whitehawk, Hednesford, Stalybridge (15)
  •    Save 3B1 Halesowen, Kingstonian, Margate, Hednesford, Salisbury, King's Lynn (16)
  •    Save 3B2 Merthyr T, Kingstonian, Farnborough, King's Lynn, Whitehawk, Farsley (19)

This next Batch is from the BETA version of FM19, featuring 63 leagues in 19 nations and a database of approximately 100K players!

• Save 1a1  Gosport, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, Gainsborough, Warrington (21)
  • Save 1a2  Salisbury, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, South Shields, Nantwich (22)
  • Save 1a3  Kettering, Dorking Wanderers, Bishop's Stortford, Hednesford, Poole, King's Lynn (24)
  • Save 1a4 Gosport, Salisbury, Dorking Wanderers, Carshalton, Stalybridge, Gainsborough (25)

Tis next batch is from the BETA version of FM19, featuring 53 leagues in 15 nations and approximately 75K players.

• Save 2a1 Kettering, Halesowen, Kingstonian, Chesham, South Shields, Stafford (26)
  • Save 2a2 Kettering, Halesowen, Bognor Regis, Hendon, Hednesford, Lancaster (29)
  • Save 2a3 Gosport, Poole, Hitchin, Stalybridge, Scarborough, Warrnington (30)

First batch of saves from the RELEASE database is 18 leagues/six nations with about 25K players

• Save 4a1  Salisbury, Carshalton, Tonbridge, Hednesford, King's Lynn, Gainsborough Trinity (31)
  • Save 4a2 Kettering, Gosport, Chesham, Folkestone, Gainsborough Trinity, South Shields (32)
  • Save 4a3 Kettering, Salisbury, Hendon, Chesham, Hednesford, Hyde (33)
  • Save 4b1 Kettering, Basingstoke, Kingstonian, Whitehawk, King's Lynn, Farsley (34)
  • Save 4b2 Halesowen, Salisbury, AFC Hornchurch, Dorking Wanderers, Stalybridge, Warrington (35)

Next batch of saves from the RELEASE database is 42 leagues/16 Nations with about 75K players

• Save 5a1 Tamworth, Kettering, Kingstonian, Farnborough, Hednesford, North Ferriby (36)
  • Save 5a2 Halesowen, Salisbury, Farnborough, Kingstonian, Warrington, Grantham (37)
  • Save 5a3  Halesowen, Kingstonian, Lowestoft, Farnborough, Stalybridge, Workington (38)
  •  

Batch of saves from the RELEASE database -- all leagues in all European nations -- about 125k players

• Save 6a1 Kettering, Halesowen, Whitehawk, Kingstonian, Stalybridge, Basford (39)
  • Save 6a2  Salisbury, Basingstoke, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, Matlock, Workington (40)
  • Save 6a3  Salisbury, Hendon, Chesham, Stourbridge, Bishop's Stortford, Workington (41)

Edited by G_D_K

Meantime, I've gotten a great start with my SOUTH SHIELDS Mariners team!  Early season, but 12 points from 6 matches puts us 5th on the table atm.  Might or might not be my permanent save, have to see if any game breaking bugs are found during beta (or how well/poorly I end up doing!).

1C48E5473F0ED5A703585F56B7BE2CB45505662B (1920Ã1080)

2 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

looks like you have one of the walking dead as your manager avatar...

Considering my normal sleep patterns (esp. during the build up to FM release), I usually feel like one too :D

I'm entering this, but as a youth challenge at the same time, so I'll update both here and in the other thread. I've started with Kettering.

GUuLwzJ.png

I just came from behind to beat Kettering 2-1!!!  

By the way --- Steam community Group page dedicated to this challenge can be found https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791432542089

Come join us and let us know how you're getting on....(everyone welcome, this challenge, another challenge, FM or gaming in general!)

Edited by G_D_K

I started as Worthing after a lot of reloads, still only saw half the teams on the list.

In terms of the squad my 27yo ass man who was already at the club is the favourite to win the league best player award. I have several 3 and 4 star players as well who are good or leading for the league, so its just getting the tactics right.

Edited by Thebaker

Debating whether to wait for a non-league database so I can have real players for my team or to just forget it and start reloading now... Already doing a Man Utd beta save but will probably end that after 3 or 4 seasons anyway. Definitely going with Buxton as the team I support, but just undecided what to do as I could easily combine my annual Bucks save with this challenge :seagull:

1 hour ago, Lenzar said:

Got my save processing through Season 1 now!

@dafuge you joining us?

I'm really not sure this year, I've not played FM for a few months so I'm not too sure what sort of game I'll be playing should I return to the game.

I was all set to start with Nantwich until I realized the white text on neon green background was lighting my retinas on fire.

So, Mickleover!

B8vD2tq.png

12 hours ago, dafuge said:

Bedworth 1450 (8000

I assume this is a typo lol

2 minutes ago, Superowl90 said:

I assume this is a typo lol

Yes it should have been 1800

Couldn't handle reloading anymore. Spent hours and hours trying to get Redditch, as they're my second team, but in the end settled for Halesowen Town.

Pros

• Blue - my favourite colour
  • Local to West Brom: my team
  • Never managed them before

Cons

• Not Redditch

After a few goes, nothing more interesting came up so I'm taking the slightly easier option and going for Kettering:

image.thumb.png.0e95825990729af0624c52ad4d197e59.png

its taken 12 games to record my first victory, it could be a long season as i can't get the tactics right in defending.

Scored 45 seconds into my first league game, so I imagine it's all downhill from here.

It is frustrating when you are constantly reloading as there is one team you really want and it has a low rep........

@G_D_K great work with the pre-made saves as usual, but could you bold any newly-found teams for each new save? Makes it easier for me and others who are looking for a certain team if it's in bold :D 

As soon as my United beta save is over, it's off to this challenge ;) 

I'm going to start a Scarborough challenge since thats near my hometown, had a little play around with tactics and such with success so I'll let you know how i go.

Debated for a while what challenge to start and thought this would be best.   Database.   Manager setup

Meet the new manager of Dorking Wanderers Manager ProfileFinancesFacilities

A few things stood out for me in making my choice, last seasons low rating 1250, although its predicted a lot higher this season. secondly, we are predicted to finish bottom in the Season Preview, and lastly the club was only formed in 1999 and has won no honours in its 19 year existence. 

Okay so here is my official starting point post. Took the Scarborough job and here is my manager profile.

My Profile.png

4 hours ago, Superowl90 said:

Okay so here is my official starting point post. Took the Scarborough job and here is my manager profile.

My Profile.png

Can I ask where you got the image for your manager profile?

2 hours ago, Sean Blinkhorn said:

Not sure if I can take part this year as I'm still sulking about Thurrock folding...

That said- just in case, here's my profile...

72BA524C4D962D68A7184596ED44455CDDED37C6

8 hours ago, Superowl90 said:

My Profile.png

Love that even as a new non-league manager Chris Wilder has already taken issue with you.

WAWAW

2 hours ago, Ice Ice Gravy said:

Love that even as a new non-league manager Chris Wilder has already taken issue with you.

WAWAW

That's because the game is so realistic it's captured every cunty side of his personality haha. 

WAWAW

6 hours ago, jwarrilow89 said:

Can I ask where you got the image for your manager profile?

Took a picture and it made a 3D render in game mate

So here we go. I'm the new manager at Kingstonian.

Difficult decision as I wanted a London team, but on my first load Farsley popped up as well. I had a great save on FM09 with them where I won the Champions League (no Premier League though) and it was the most attached I'd been to any team I've had on FM. But it's time for something new.

Plus, I noticed the Ks had signed Muhammadu Faal from Dulwich during the holiday man season. I've seen him a few times for Dulwich and he's a great player. Hoping this is some kind of omen...

di3jlwbz_400x400.thumb.jpg.abe2e9858715860cc4ffc5ade8c962b1.jpg

Hyde United - 2019/2020

League

Finished 7th in league moving above Kidderminster on the final match of the season on goal difference. Got smashed 4-2 by Nuneaton in the first round of the play offs.

Cups

Didn't really try in the cups to be honest, just rotated players for cup matches.

Transfers

DoF signed lots of players for me and the rest i found through the scouts, all Free transfers, Daniel Williams was the best signing my DoF made, switched from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-1-4-1 to play him at Anchor Man.

Players - Tactics

Jake Dunwoody & Thomas Cole - Both played CM for nearly every game, decent free transfers made by the DoF.

Daniel Williams - Changed my team to fit him in at Anchor Man, he had a 2 month injury where we barely won a game without him and then came back near the end of the season and we won 5 out of 6 matches i think.

Divin Baningime - Was a decent striker but very inconsistent .

Next Season

Need to sign better defenders since they were all very inconsistent and definitely get a back up striker to compete with Divin Baningme. And figure out how the training system works because ive ignored that so far.

a.thumb.png.7271e0905a6cf444d8c5783956ae5224.png

Edited by Higgo

Man, we just love comebacks apparently.  In 16 competitive matches so far we're 9-5-2.  Of the 9 wins, we trailed in 4, including one where we were down 2-0 at the half, and one where we scored in the 93rd minute to win.  1 of the 5 draws was scoreless, of the other 4 we trailed in 3, including another where we were down 2-0 at the half.  We've scored 10 and allowed 12 goals in the first half, and scored 22 and allowed 10 in the second half. 

Having played this game for many years my teams are always in the top 3 teams for a season in terms of yellow and red cards, fouls etc. This season my team had no red cards and only half the yellow cards of the worst team, 13th in the league. obviously not got my tactics quite right yet.

This is my first official attempt to complete this challenge. Last year I managed to complete this with Billericay but I didn't record my progress. This time I intend to do both. I'm the new boss of Kettering. 

download.jpg.8e1a9cdfb547645ab898831b3148b36d.jpg

Dorking Wanderers FC 2019-20

COMPETITIONS - What a season, in the League we was predicted to finish bottom and turned the table on its head ending the season as Champions. In the cupsa real FA Cup fairy tale, where we managed to get all the way to the third round. Here we faced Newcastle away.... 8-0.... ouch. Still we earned £750k from that tie alone and around £900k from the cup run. A massive boost to the club. The FA Trophy didn't go so well as we lost to Eastleigh in the 1st round.

TRANSFERS - After trialling literally ever player released in the summer by an English club, we put together a brilliant squad at no cost at all. Plus the 1 loan signing who proved a gem.

PLAYERS -  Midfielders Sam Wilding and Kieran Lavery were excellent this season. Whilst strikers Adam CoombesAlfie Stanley and loan signing Jermaine Turner led us to the title with 70 goals between them. 

YOUTH INTAKE - Nothing to mention here. literally doesn't look like anyone who could cut it next season.

CLUB - With the money from the cup run, I managed to squeeze a slight Youth Improvement  out of the board. Who so far have refused a senior affiliate and me a coaching badge course.

Next Seasons Aim: I always aim for the higher end of the table, especially in the lower leagues so will be aiming for a top 10 finish next season at least. Judging on our results in the cup against higher opposition we should be able to hold our own, and with a few additions maybe even make a run at the play offs.  

Season	League	Pos	Fa Cup	Achievement
-----------------------------------------------------
18/19	VNLS	1st	Rnd 3	Promoted

Edited by Lewis89

XaW - Kettering Town - 2019/20

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

When I took over the club there were some glaring issues with the squad. Most notably the lack of centre backs. There were only 2, and a left back who were "uncomfortable" playing there. I started the season with a Wing play based tactic, that seemed to work great in pre-season, but really struggled when the competitive matches started. So I went back to the drawing board and ended up with a 4-1-4-1 who alternate between going on the front foot and standing off, and that worked amazing for a good part of the season. At one point we were solidly inside the playoff spots, but after avoiding relegation were not an issue the team faltered a bit. We also had one of our few injury issues at that time, so we dropped a bit back, but still finished in a pretty good 9th place.

In the FA Cup we got as far as the 1st round before we got knocked out by Bromley. A pretty decent run. In the FA Trophy we made it all the way to the 4th round before Halifax Town got the better of us.

Oh, and we are expanding our stadium with 500 standing spots to comply with regulations and it should be done in the summer.

Since I'm playing a youth only game here are the two best players I got through the youth intake. Gary O'Neill 20a were involved in 10 matches after he came through the ranks and got his first goal for us, and also contributed with 4 assists. A very good start for the young midfielder. David Liburd 20b went straight into the main squad and will probably stay there for a while. He is already ranked as the best central defender in the squad and even scored from a corner!

Season	|       League	             |  Position |   FA Cup      |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   National League North    |  9th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Just of playoffs
Edited by XaW

56 minutes ago, XaW said:

XaW - Kettering Town - 2019/20

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

When I took over the club there were some glaring issues with the squad. Most notably the lack of centre backs. There were only 2, and a left back who were "uncomfortable" playing there. I started the season with a Wing play based tactic, that seemed to work great in pre-season, but really struggled when the competitive matches started. So I went back to the drawing board and ended up with a 4-1-4-1 who alternate between going on the front foot and standing off, and that worked amazing for a good part of the season. At one point we were solidly inside the playoff spots, but after avoiding relegation were not an issue the team faltered a bit. We also had one of our few injury issues at that time, so we dropped a bit back, but still finished in a pretty good 9th place.

In the FA Cup we got as far as the 1st round before we got knocked out by Bromley. A pretty decent run. In the FA Trophy we made it all the way to the 4th round before Halifax Town got the better of us.

Oh, and we are expanding our stadium with 500 standing spots to comply with regulations and it should be done in the summer.

Since I'm playing a youth only game here are the two best players I got through the youth intake. Gary O'Neill 20a were involved in 10 matches after he came through the ranks and got his first goal for us, and also contributed with 4 assists. A very good start for the young midfielder. David Liburd 20b went straight into the main squad and will probably stay there for a while. He is already ranked as the best central defender in the squad and even scored from a corner!

Season	|       League	             |  Position |   FA Cup      |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   National League North    |  9th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Just of playoffs

Did Kettering for the Dafuge challenge few editions ago, since Billericay is out of contention this year I might try for Kettering as I had a fun game with them. 

Thought I would wait for the full release game before starting this but can't wait, simulation already under way!

Edited by Prank Emperor

Finally getting into this with Kettering this year.

Game setup

2135615902_FootballManager2019_NewGameChooseNations.thumb.png.1e4243ce0b94070538d1b190fcc9a92d.png

Manager Profile

1693395544_ChiragVadgama_MyProfileProfile.thumb.png.4590740527c827b0a6a7fe5399f275bf.png

Hopefully, will be able to finish the challenge this year as well! 

On 19/10/2018 at 20:43, G_D_K said:

<reserved for my annual hosting of saved games for the FM19 version of the challenge!>

Okay, here is an initial batch for those that don't want to worry about the holiday season.   I'll continue to add to this list of saves up thru release+ 1 week or so...there are 88 teams available for the challenge, and I hope to find at least 60 of them.

This first batch is from the BETA version of FM 19, was loaded with 24 leagues in 8 nations (all of UK&I +, I believe, Iceland), and has about 32K players in the database.  (Numbers in parentheses at end of line is my attempt to keep track of number of distinct teams I've found to that point).  Teams are listed in bold if it is the first time they appear on this list (thanks for the suggestion @oohlala111

•     Save 3a1  Halesowen, Gosport, Kingstonian, Whitehawk, Stalybridge, Gainsborough (6)
  •     Save 3a2 Kettering, Halesowen, Whitehawk, Kingstonian, Workington, South Shields (9)
  •     Save 3a3 Kettering, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Margate, Scarborough, Stalybridge (12)
  •     Save 3a4 Kettering, Halesowen, Chesham, Kingstonian, Gainsborough, King's Lynn (14)
  •     Save 3a5 Kettering, Gosport, Kingstonian, Whitehawk, Hednesford, Stalybridge (15)
  •    Save 3B1 Halesowen, Kingstonian, Margate, Hednesford, Salisbury, King's Lynn (16)
  •    Save 3B2 Merthyr T, Kingstonian, Farnborough, King's Lynn, Whitehawk, Farsley (19)

This next Batch is from the BETA version of FM19, featuring 63 leagues in 19 nations and a database of approximately 100K players!

• Save 1a1  Gosport, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, Gainsborough, Warrington (21)
  • Save 1a2  Salisbury, Tamworth, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, South Shields, Nantwich (22)
  • Save 1a3  Kettering, Dorking Wanderers, Bishop's Stortford, Hednesford, Poole, King's Lynn (24)
  • Save 1a4 Gosport, Salisbury, Dorking Wanderers, Carshalton, Stalybridge, Gainsborough (25)

You absolute legend mate

On 19/10/2018 at 20:56, G_D_K said:

Meantime, I've gotten a great start with my SOUTH SHIELDS Mariners team!  Early season, but 12 points from 6 matches puts us 5th on the table atm.  Might or might not be my permanent save, have to see if any game breaking bugs are found during beta (or how well/poorly I end up doing!).

1C48E5473F0ED5A703585F56B7BE2CB45505662B (1920Ã1080)

I'm going to be starting this challenge to go alongside my other career and starting as Shields.

Think I'm gonna begin my holidaying and reloading to see if I can get Buxton, and then I'll make a decision - continue my Man Utd beta save and then this challenge or do both at the same time? Any save I start now might not even be my full save if there's any bugs or huge issues in the beta but I'd like to at least have that option...