Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
calcal

The Italian Job! Italian league thread is here!

Recommended Posts

Bettella looks pretty bad. Atalanta even loaned him out to Serie B at the start of third season.  Djimsiti is on around the same level.

Mancini, Vernier screenshots. Bastoni from my squad for reference. I wanted Vernier as De Vrij rotation option on BPD, but won't happen this season. :D

pdXJ6Fh.png

01uDHAQ.png

JCZ4VSz.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiled for choice this year with some of my all-time favorite clubs and saves—Palermo, Venezia, Pro Vercelli—all being in Serie B. Went with Venezia because Palermo's squad seem too good, but I've just ended up buying a lot of their young players anyway (they failed to get promoted in the first season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 ore fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

I've literally tried everything and there's no chance I break down any catenaccio easily.

You know is like this even in real life. Btw try more short passes, high pressure in attack etc

About the 1v1 I agree, after like 10-12 matches Ronaldo never scored one of those chances. A bit unrealistic :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

League playstyle + tihs ME makes it extremely difficult to play against any lower table team.

I've literally tried everything and there's no chance I break down any catenaccio easily.
Roles, formations, instructions, nothing works.

All you can hope for are set-piece and long shot goals.

Best luck I've had is going more defensive myself and trying to goad them out of shape and catch them on the counter down the wings, can be hard if they refuse to move though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose Catania for my 1st save,did well 1st season won the title,losing only one league game,also claimed the Seria C Cup,made the final of the Italian Cup,mostly luck in the last 2 rounds,but was pleased with my run and my tactics,about to start 2nd season now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Bettella looks pretty bad. Atalanta even loaned him out to Serie B at the start of third season.  Djimsiti is on around the same level.

Mancini, Vernier screenshots. Bastoni from my squad for reference. I wanted Vernier as De Vrij rotation option on BPD, but won't happen this season. :D

Bettella got potential but yeah I could see myself loaning him out in January. I would hope he would be ready to be a backup for start of 3rd season. He is two years younger than Varnier so I'm not as urgent about his development. Bastoni looks good...dude has looked amazing for so many editions of FM now.

My Varnier is basically 1-2 points worse everywhere but I am 10 months in game time behind you.

Here's Mancini for me, develops much better with regular game time and away from the AI:

20181114105153_1.thumb.jpg.988cac41bc03145b7be7e43145bc2fcf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up finishing 4th in the first season, pretty happy with that after how we were struggling half way through.

Think all my transfer dealings are done now before the second season starts. Was going to keep hold of Suso but the offer was too good in the end.

20181114000011_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 ora fa, Harryseaess ha scritto:

Ended up finishing 4th in the first season, pretty happy with that after how we were struggling half way through.

Think all my transfer dealings are done now before the second season starts. Was going to keep hold of Suso but the offer was too good in the end.

20181114000011_1.jpg

Do you have Paquetà or did you start from the beta?

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Do you have Paquetà or did you start from the beta?

I have him. He hasn’t really impressed so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished my first session with Milan.

It was easy enough to win the Seria A. With the Europa League it was sometimes hard, but also managed to win it. The Italian Cup Final won after a fairly easy match with Roma.

Transfers in July 2018: Sandro Tonali (10.5M EUR) and Antonio Marin (3.6M EUR). Ricardo Montolivio (1,2M EUR), Juan Mauri (loan) Fabio Borini (10,5M EUR) and top Manuel Locatelli left.

In January, the offer came from Bayern for Suso. After negotiations, they agreed to pay EUR 90M upfront and tranfer deleyed till June 1st 2019.

In his place, I brought my favorite, Federico Chiesa, 67M EUR and Lincoln for 1.9M EUR, immediately.

From large transfers, I hope that I will be able to sign Savic (he is just amazing)  and maybe one more top player.
I have a lot of young players who will slowly be introduced to the first team: Bellanova, Capanni, Marin, Gabbia, Bellodi, Plizzari, Haidara, Torrasi.

Forza Milan.

Players 1.png

Players 2.png

FINAL standings.png

EL Group B stendings.png

EL Tree.png

Seria A stendings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, themario said:

I just finished my first session with Milan.

It was easy enough to win the Seria A. With the Europa League it was sometimes hard, but also managed to win it. The Italian Cup Final won after a fairly easy match with Roma.

Transfers in July 2018: Sandro Tonali (10.5M EUR) and Antonio Marin (3.6M EUR). Ricardo Montolivio (1,2M EUR), Juan Mauri (loan) Fabio Borini (10,5M EUR) and top Manuel Locatelli left.

In January, the offer came from Bayern for Suso. After negotiations, they agreed to pay EUR 90M upfront and tranfer deleyed till June 1st 2019.

In his place, I brought my favorite, Federico Chiesa, 67M EUR and Lincoln for 1.9M EUR, immediately.

From large transfers, I hope that I will be able to sign Savic (he is just amazing)  and maybe one more top player.
I have a lot of young players who will slowly be introduced to the first team: Bellanova, Capanni, Marin, Gabbia, Bellodi, Plizzari, Haidara, Torrasi.

Forza Milan.

Players 1.png

Players 2.png

FINAL standings.png

EL Group B stendings.png

EL Tree.png

Seria A stendings.png

nice work!

how are you setting up?

im using a 4 2 3 1 wide on gegenpress and im struggling for consistency especially away from home...

im getting like 8 yellow cards a game and a red card every other match...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, killonix said:

nice work!

how are you setting up?

im using a 4 2 3 1 wide on gegenpress and im struggling for consistency especially away from home...

im getting like 8 yellow cards a game and a red card every other match...

 

Thanks ! 

I'm using tweaked @knap 442 tactic, so all credit goes to him. I tweaked it to 4141 wide. In my opinion, it best describes the style of today's Milan (beside 442).

If you want I can upload it for you.

Yellow cards are in fact pain in the ass. But with good team managment you can easily cope with it.

Tactic Final.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themario said:

Thanks ! 

I'm using tweaked @knap 442 tactic, so all credit goes to him. I tweaked it to 4141 wide. In my opinion, it best describes the style of today's Milan (beside 442).

If you want I can upload it for you.

Yellow cards are in fact pain in the ass. But with good team managment you can easily cope with it.

Tactic Final.png

yeah sure be good to have a look and compare were i may be going wrong and to even try a few tweaks for myself... thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im managing Roma and im struggling to score goals with my strikers, Dzeko and Schick completely useless so far =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, themario said:

Seria A stendings.png

Great job, but it's obvious that something's wrong on this version.

I've yet to see Juventus to even win 90 points in the league and it just ruins the immersion.
I really looked forward to challenging them and their stacked team, but they just fall apart quickly.
Maybe Ronaldo's huge wages affect them and their transfers over the first few seasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Great job, but it's obvious that something's wrong on this version.

I've yet to see Juventus to even win 90 points in the league and it just ruins the immersion.
I really looked forward to challenging them and their stacked team, but they just fall apart quickly.
Maybe Ronaldo's huge wages affect them and their transfers over the first few seasons?

On the beginning of the season Real always hire Allegri and Juve Conte, maybe it is the problem.

In my save Conte did poorly in Seria A but managed to bring Juve to final in Champions League where he lost 2-3 to PSG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killonix said:

cheers!

also how did u manage to move borini on? i cant get him off the wage bill not even for free! ha

I offered him to clubs in January and put him also in the transfer list.

There were some loan offeres which I automatically rejected and then came Burnley with the offer :)

Transfers history.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, themario said:

On the beginning of the season Real always hire Allegri and Juve Conte, maybe it is the problem.

In my save Conte did poorly in Seria A but managed to bring Juve to final in Champions League where he lost 2-3 to PSG.

On my save Juve was decent in the first season, then was like 10th midway second, replaced Allegri with Wenger.
Then he got sacked and Zidane took the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Im managing Roma and im struggling to score goals with my strikers, Dzeko and Schick completely useless so far =/

I've just started with Roma. Feel the same about those two. What formation you playing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 ore fa, themario ha scritto:

I've yet to see Juventus to even win 90 points in the league and it just ruins the immersion.

EDIT: completely missunderstood obviously

In the game Juventus MASSIVELY underperforms compared to the reality and I have seen it after many simulations collected even with others users. No idea if it's a problem of coach/staff, players attributes, gameplay, budget (at the beginning it's half of the lowest in PL) or what else but it's like that. 


 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, killonix said:

well done on the top 4 finish bud...

how were wage and transfer budgets at the start of season 2?

had any interest in borini?

Thanks!

Wage budget was £22m for season 2, wage budget is around £2.2m which I'm currently operating just under.

Sold Borini in January first season for £7.75m to West Ham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I've yet to see Juventus to even win 90 points in the league and it just ruins the immersion.

 

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:


In the game Juventus MASSIVELY underperforms compared to the reality and I have seen it after many simulations collected even with others users. No idea if it's a problem of coach/staff, players attributes, gameplay, budget (at the beginning it's half of the lowest in PL) or what else but it's like that. 

They have got 90 plus in 2 of the 4 seasons so far in my save.

1303204998_juve1.thumb.png.78453000b68b172900b283b95894d829.png

829210627_juve2.thumb.png.c50c5174f13b14280625d6c2d009b010.png

1328502364_juve3.thumb.png.d5f4d8185526d03ee6a866f782beb072.png

They also won the champs league in the 1st season.

2055422_juvechamps.thumb.png.21a313e943e2b7234643f080d5079889.png

So I wouldn't say they massively underperform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@sedge111 save is a good sample size. I am sure many others can post Juventus struggling in serie A and even worse in CL

I'm sure many others can post juve dominating and regularly getting 90+ points as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minuti fa, sedge11 ha scritto:

I'm sure many others can post juve dominating and regularly getting 90+ points as well.

I have seen at least 30 saves (I am planning to do others btw) before saying what I said. And talking about % even a 60% of saves where Juventus is on top table in serie A means it's underperforming. To not talk about CL where I noticed that regularly lose even agaist weaker PL sides

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Napoli won the league first season in my save, they finished on equal points as Juventus (78) but won it on the results between the two teams.

They got knocked out in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League v Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daws88 said:

I've just started with Roma. Feel the same about those two. What formation you playing? 

Dzeko is very, very good, imo the problem its in the ME but ok...

Im Brazilian I dont know how you guys call it but im using a 4141 or 433 dm wide... My IFs and midfielders doesnt link with my striker... Crosses are so ineffective and my team shots so many time far away from the posts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Im managing Roma and im struggling to score goals with my strikers, Dzeko and Schick completely useless so far =/

I've struggled with strikers scoring on FM19, they don't seem to get anywhere near as many as previous versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

I've struggled with strikers scoring on FM19, they don't seem to get anywhere near as many as previous versions.

Yeah, same here... Dzeko and Schick are very good strikers... Are you using the yougsters? I promoted to the first team Marcucci and Mory Bamba, and im looking to do this with Riccardi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Yeah, same here... Dzeko and Schick are very good strikers... Are you using the yougsters? I promoted to the first team Marcucci and Mory Bamba, and im looking to do this with Riccardi.

I gave Higuain a run at the start and he was awful, gave Cutrone a run and he was even worse. Signed Belotti in January, he's done a bit better but still not amazing. Got Andre Silva back this season so giving him a run, so far has 1 in 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I have seen at least 30 saves (I am planning to do others btw) before saying what I said. And talking about % even a 60% of saves where Juventus is on top table in serie A means it's underperforming. To not talk about CL where I noticed that regularly lose even agaist weaker PL sides

XyuWWU4.png

This is just ridiculous. Juve third season transfers. 65mil for 31yo Martinez and Lallana.
They sold Pjanić in the first season, Benatia and Mandžukić in the second (reasonable). Didn't buy anyone except for Everton and Paqueta, with Higuain coming back from loan.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

XyuWWU4.png

This is just ridiculous. Juve third season transfers. 65mil for 31yo Martinez and Lallana.
They sold Pjanić in the first season, Benatia and Mandžukić in the second (reasonable). Didn't buy anyone except for Everton and Paqueta, with Higuain coming back from loan.
 

All serie A teams make super stupid transfers in FM and in a couple of seasons get really worse :mad:

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

All serie A teams make super stupid transfers in FM and in a couple of seasons get really worse :mad:

But someone in the research team has a huge hard on for Monchi because all Roma signings are apparently world class players in the making.
I'm giving up on FM until the update, this is beyond sad. Both transfers and match engine.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minuto fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

But someone in the research team has a huge hard on for Monchi because all Roma signings are apparently world class players in the making.
I'm giving up on FM until the update, this is beyond sad. Both transfers and match engine.

Unfortunately transfers for serie A won't be fixed! Now it's years that is like that.. Think that at the beginning of the game the 3 lowest budgets on PL are more or less like the top 4-5 in serie A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Unfortunately transfers for serie A won't be fixed! Now it's years that is like that.. Think that at the beginning of the game the 3 lowest budgets on PL are more or less like the top 4-5 in serie A 

It's not even the budgets, it's AI clubs tendencies. You don't need 100mils to make good transfers.
Buying two 31yo, injury prone players for 65mil total after you sold two of your best forwards for 200mil?
That's just ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minuti fa, GunmaN1905 ha scritto:

It's not even the budgets, it's AI clubs tendencies. You don't need 100mils to make good transfers.
Buying two 31yo, injury prone players for 65mil total after you sold two of your best forwards for 200mil?
That's just ridiculous.

Yes you are right.. but it happens just with serie A teams, look PL teams, they usually improve over the seasons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In one of my saves Juve bought Mercado from Sevilla in 1st season for 35 million euros, bizarre!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time I use the editor to modify something that can change the career but that wrong E.Can release clause ruined my game because I didn't even have enough money to renew his contract and remove it.
In real life it starts the 1 july 2021.

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished first half of the season. Between league and CL (passed as 1st in the group):

19W - 6D - 0L
6D against: Inter, Schalke 04 (2*), Spal, Lazio and Napoli 

Goals scored -> 66
Goals conceded -> 17

Not the best but I had some bad injuries (even Ronaldo) and for the first time I starded as coach that never played professionally before. And I am a noob anyways :D 



Benatia wants to leave, I wanted to sell him and buy Pavard paying his release clause but he renewed his contract then now I have no idea even because in my careers I buy just players suggested by my scouts (no manually scouting) then the choice isn't too big


 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started in Serie D with Santarcangelo Calcio, going youth ony

Gained promotion in the first season and barely survived in Serie C/B for season 2

Edited by Deisler26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

Not bad...

20181115215556_1.jpg

Your striker scoring 3 in a game... End of times :lol:

What style are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2018 at 12:30, LucasBR said:

Im managing Roma and im struggling to score goals with my strikers, Dzeko and Schick completely useless so far =/

Yeah I sold Dzeko in January for £40m, Schick is third choice striker and last ditch choice right winger.

Signed Willian Jose for £15m from Sociedad and he's got over ten goals so far (in March). Signed Maxi Gomez from Celta Vigo and he's got 3 in 6.

Play with a DLP(d) in DM. A BBM and AP(a) in front. Two WB(s) and in the AMR/AML positions two IF(s).

Lone striker is DLF(a)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah I sold Dzeko in January for £40m, Schick is third choice striker and last ditch choice right winger.

Signed Willian Jose for £15m from Sociedad and he's got over ten goals so far (in March). Signed Maxi Gomez from Celta Vigo and he's got 3 in 6.

Play with a DLP(d) in DM. A BBM and AP(a) in front. Two WB(s) and in the AMR/AML positions two IF(s).

Lone striker is DLF(a)

I've started a new game, was 1st in serie A but i wasnt satisfy with the game. 

Now Im using a gegenpress, same player duty but im using a complete wing back(a) in right and a full back(s) in left side... My midfield is exactly the same yours and my striker is a pressing foward(a).

Lets see how this works during the season, during the pre season was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LucasBR said:

Your striker scoring 3 in a game... End of times :lol:

What style are you using?

Let's hope so!

Gegenpress 4-2-3-1, with a few roles changes and instruction changes from what's provided in the pre-select.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I've started a new game, was 1st in serie A but i wasnt satisfy with the game. 

Now Im using a gegenpress, same player duty but im using a complete wing back(a) in right and a full back(s) in left side... My midfield is exactly the same yours and my striker is a pressing foward(a).

Lets see how this works during the season, during the pre season was ok.

I found the high press struggled against team using the 5-3-2 with three DMs, but it's maybe just the way I had it set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Harryseaess said:

Let's hope so!

Gegenpress 4-2-3-1, with a few roles changes and instruction changes from what's provided in the pre-select.

Nice, I'm using a 4-1-4-1 DM wide gegenpress, and changed a few things too but im still struggling with the press, aways have 3 in the same opponent.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I found the high press struggled against team using the 5-3-2 with three DMs, but it's maybe just the way I had it set up.

Yeah, I was reading a thread here suggesting some changes in the press... Also I change the attacking width to large against those teams and look for overlaps, sometimes it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...