[FM19] French Lingerie - Acre State, Brazil

Jimbokav1971

3 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Get an Injury Release Clause in the contract then sign him

EDIT: Just saw you'd already negotiated the contract. Well, in future if you see an injury prone guy you fancy, lock in the Injury Release Clause :) 

I wasn't even aware there was an injury release clause. (I'm assuming you are not joking?)

1af2030107d1841225f0fb4de3f0367c.png

You know I have never used that ever. That's a brilliant shout and is exactly what I should have done. Thanks for pointing it out. Will be sure to use this in future. :thup:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I wasn't even aware there was an injury release clause. (I'm assuming you are not joking?)

1af2030107d1841225f0fb4de3f0367c.png

You know I have never used that ever. That's a brilliant shout and is exactly what I should have done. Thanks for pointing it out. Will be sure to use this in future. :thup:

Yeah I only discovered it when I was trying to sign Giuseppe Rossi and my DoF recommended it. I usually manage at a high level where its worth leaving it out and just assuming they'll get better, but with your finances it should be a worthwhile.

On 14/02/2019 at 21:02, Reggiana said:

Poor Darren, can't ever shake that tag can he, played 563 matches in his club career.

I reckon Fernandez will be good, Jimbo will look after him.

563 career sounds a little better than 471 league games over 28 seasons at an average of 16.8 games a season.

Losses are like buses. Oct 2034.

f25ce90766c64caaa628ff0fcb729ced.png

Pre-season went as pre-season goes, and then we went the opening 10 games of the season without defeat, (plus 3 games from the end of last season). 

d21f0777479a08fcf6c1d0af8813b1a6.png

There have been lots of draws though and as a result we fiind ourselves in 6th position in the league, only out of the playoffs on goal difference. 

2e90570ac809e7e6ee8aee661b0aa7f2.png

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

563 career sounds a little better than 471 league games over 28 seasons at an average of 16.8 games a season.

Gets a lot better if you use the correct number of 18 seasons!

Your defence is looking very solid, little short of goals though.

Edited by Reggiana

Wheels are coming off. Oct 2034.

a59d83186471fd36f50c922f23a0b3a3.png

We went 13 games without losing and have now gone 5 games without a win. 

cf8879a83031188088a9288d8730c5f2.png

We haven't been unlucky. We have been rubbish. 

A dismal October has seen us plummet to 9th in the table and we find ourselves a whopping 9 points off the playoffs. 

We have dropped 14 points in the last 5 games. 

acf2d166588238327362ac15c270e5d2.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Nov 2034.

After a pretty torrid period, we have finally got back winning ways. 

d6dd646fdac537a7b4f501da8dbabab6.png

The catalyst for our mini-resurgence was a goal from not 1 but 2 different goal-scoring GK's as both back-up (28a) Maxence (Unamb) (2028) * got his 1st career goal while (23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * was injured and then (23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * scored his 1st of the season bringing him to 31 career goals.

We now sit 9th in the league and are 5 points off the Playoffs, but we all know that finishing 4th or 5th is likely to end in failure even if there is some glimmer of hope. (Having said that, I would take 5th place right now). 

4ae6adbf243cd692f42f66a61aebcd3c.png

11 hours ago, numbas2 said:

A bit run of the mill of late... *chants club song in french*

1 hour ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

What is said club song Numbas?

Take your pick lads. 

The next one is the crowd at the egg chasers, but still probably the same song. 

Then we have anything by Bayonne of course, (and some of these are decent). 

The next one was in FIFA 19 I think. 

Dec 2034.

2c2063424cf53d759fa468ce03103f2e.png

We started off poorly, but managed to turn things round in the end after a win on penalties in the Cup. 

Goal-scoring GK (23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * scored 3 goals this month, making it 4 for the season and 34 over his career, (including these 2 free-kicks). 

71f5ca9e88ea5117be923f19868eda22.gif

b892dae2625f3475457f2f6bb323b798.gif

Although we are still in the Cup and 3 places outside the Playoffs, we are now 6 points behind Red Star in the last Playoff place.

4dbdfe243aefdf5b2f1ec78f2d4d9b40.png

Jan 2035.

8c1972da06cdbd5cbcf07d4070373a6b.png

A good win against Lorient means that we are still in the Cup, but we frustratingly dropped 2 points away to Strasbourg.

(23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * made it 5 for the season and 35 for the career with a penalty. 

We have moved up to 7th in the league and are now only 4 points adrift of Lorient in the last Playoff spot. 

5161b0e4a86ce5be4cb8bf4cf25c2d73.png

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Goal-scoring GK (23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * scored 3 goals this month, making it 4 for the season and 34 over his career, (including these 2 free-kicks). 

71f5ca9e88ea5117be923f19868eda22.gif

b892dae2625f3475457f2f6bb323b798.gif

Although we are still in the Cup and 3 places outside the Playoffs, we are now 6 points behind Red Star in the last Playoff place.

Love a free-kick scoring keeper! Have been fortunate on my save, the two best free-kick takers I have currently are both keepers! Have you been caught out much from the free kick to long ball and them scoring? I have a couple of times....

20 hours ago, theBlackPrince said:

Have you been caught out much from the free kick to long ball and them scoring? I have a couple of times....

Yes. Originally we were caught out a fair bit until I found a solution.

Then it was great for a while until a relatively recent patch and the fact that I couldn't come up with a solution meant that I had to stop taking GK free-kicks from indirect-wide positions, (although GK's are still taking other 3 types of free-kicks). 

It's down to less than a goal a season at the moment. That's a decent price to pay for something that is a significant part of my save.

Superstar in the making? Mar 2035.

Right, I'm not one who usually gets too excited about individual players on Youth Intake Day, because more often than not, what I have, (even with a really exciting player), is lots of as yet unrealised potential ability. 

This year seems to be a little different. :eek:

(35a) Iker (F.Pro) (2035) *.

He is good enough right now, (I'm talking about in CA terms at the age of 14), to play in any of the 3 midfield positions, and possibly even good enough to play in the attacking wide positions if I tweak the roles/instructions like I currently have to do for the lad playing as a Raumdeuter on the right hand side. 

He also has a (F.Pro) personality. 

Fairly Professional Pro 15-20, Det 1-14

Something that I don't think I've seen in one of my players yet, (might be mistaken but don't think so), is the Media Description of "Promising midfielder".

5fe39b8e53eda7f20c39e30161730d6e.png

If I was languishing in non-League somewhere or managing in Gibraltar or San Marino or somewhere like that, then a 3.0 CA 5.0 PA player coming through might be great, (of course it would be great), but we are a club on the verge of getting into Ligue 1 in France. (Yeah I know there is a little way to go yet but just let me dream). He's going to be playing in Ligue 2 and possibly Ligue 1 from a really early age. It's theoretically possible that he might even be playing in Europe before too long. (Yeah ok, I know I've stepped over the line now). Honestly though, this is the most exciting I have been about a single player in ages. 

7a8aa8447ee5d1a91425dbf099e3727c.png

I like a DLP role but not particularly keen on a MEZ and my personal opinion is that CAR works best with someone playing in the AM hole.

I think at the moment I might be playing him in the A(d) role or possibly the VOL(a) role rather than an attacking role out wide, but of course I can't play him at all at the moment because of his age. It will be interesting to see where the AI starts playing him when he becomes available for the Reserves. 

28ce05dec30c7ecac3064771153fda06.png

Feb 2035.

7b9dbbbe1c79cd336bcb7fffea301f07.png

After stuttering a little earlier in the season, we have now hit a vein of more consistent form and have lost only 1 of the last 12 games, (even defeating Toulouse of Ligue 1 in the Cup along the way). I think this is the first time that we have reached Round 11 of the Cup, (but not positive). The goal-scorer against Toulouse was a certain (26b) Rio (F.Pro) *. He left us for Nancy back in 2030 and although he did make his debut for the Senior Team, he was more usually a member of the Reserve squad. We signed him back on a free when he was released recently. 

13a44b367a04b96eacfb35b47b5f7cd9.png

If I can use this player as an example to show the current level of players we have, then it will perhaps go some way to explaining why I am so excited about the previously mentioned Youth product. 

(26b) Rio (F.Pro) * really isn't that great, and dropped from (Pro) to (F.Pro) while he was at Nancy, but he is still good enough to start games for us in midfield and we are good enough to beat Ligue 1 opposition with him starting. 

737595d957d9f779f10bc1474b29727f.png

Anyway, the end result of a decent run of results is that as well as still being in the Cup in March, we are also into the Playoff positions.

341f19b8a4da7e71a6f8fd575743ac9f.png

The really annoying thing is that the only game we have lost recently is the QRM game and if you take away the 3 points we gifted them they would be rock bottom of the league. To say I was annoyed at the time would be s significant understatement. 

df5e03c273b9f786bc2b065c6ac7c896.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

I think it depends on club rep if a player is described as promising as well as the CA of the player (not PA which could be only just more than the CA). However Iker does look good with no obvious huge mental or physical deficiencies even at his  age.

What is you're opinion on the mentoring system @Jimbokav1971? if i remember about it I'll set it for my assistant to create the groups then leave it from there. 

I'm not as a big exponent of looking in detail like you do but have noticed so many of my youth prospects with determination ranging from 12-20 decreasing in the determination stat on this years game. Normally a stat which seems to naturally rise as a player ages without being tutored on previous FM's. 

Personally, I think with Mentoring/Tutoring they've taken it from something that felt too much like busywork and only really worked half the time at best, into something that seems sensible in theory with a UI that is actively unhelpful and game mechanics (I'm thinking specifically about 'estimated impact on group') that rarely make sense. 

That said, once I spend the hour or so faffing around at the start of a season to get some targeted players into the right groups, it does do what it's supposed to. And even then, I only use it on players where Determination is at problematic levels. I'm not going to bother trying to turn a 13 into a 17. 

Overall, I'd say it's significantly worse than Tutoring was, in terms of how enjoyable it is for how much time it takes.

7 hours ago, Thebaker said:

I think it depends on club rep if a player is described as promising as well as the CA of the player (not PA which could be only just more than the CA). However Iker does look good with no obvious huge mental or physical deficiencies even at his  age.

In previous issues of the game, "promising" could be anything and you were as likely to see it in the lower leagues as you were the Premier League. In FM19 though I think something has changed and it seems to be far less common lower down. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's certainly less common. 

Yeah he does look decent. 

7 hours ago, numbas2 said:

I hope you can keep hold of Iker!

I will sign him to a 2+3 year contract when he turns 16, (so that will keep him until he is 21), and from then on we will have to see. I expect to be in Ligue 1 in 7 years and I doubt he is good enough that he won't want to sign an extension for us then. 

5 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

What is you're opinion on the mentoring system @Jimbokav1971? if i remember about it I'll set it for my assistant to create the groups then leave it from there. 

I'm not as a big exponent of looking in detail like you do but have noticed so many of my youth prospects with determination ranging from 12-20 decreasing in the determination stat on this years game. Normally a stat which seems to naturally rise as a player ages without being tutored on previous FM's. 

It's certainly harder then before, but let's be honest, if I can create a whole team of Model Pro players via tutoring, (and I can), then the system probably needs fixing. This is certainly harder but at the moment it seems like it has gone too far the other way. Does that make it realistic though? Yes it probably does actually. 

Determination values are a little bit different in so much as when I tutored I was invariably looking to improve (Pro) rather than (Det), or at least (Pro) and (Det) rather than (Det), but tutoring is not the only way to do this. I have spoken previously in this thread about (Det) issues and despite only a little dabbling of experimental mentoring, this is how my squad looks now in terms of (Det). 

The left hand column is obviously (Det) and the right is workrate. You can see that in the whole senior squad there are only 2 players who have a (Det) rating below 10. If you go back to where I commented on this before you will see that it certainly wasn't like that before. This hasn't been changed via mentoring. This has been changed via squad management. 

eab79922e7e21b1e322b33efbdb5b6a9.png
2948d4d064b7d00d0bd719d803940c92.png

3 hours ago, turnip said:

Personally, I think with Mentoring/Tutoring they've taken it from something that felt too much like busywork and only really worked half the time at best, into something that seems sensible in theory with a UI that is actively unhelpful and game mechanics (I'm thinking specifically about 'estimated impact on group') that rarely make sense. 

That said, once I spend the hour or so faffing around at the start of a season to get some targeted players into the right groups, it does do what it's supposed to. And even then, I only use it on players where Determination is at problematic levels. I'm not going to bother trying to turn a 13 into a 17. 

Overall, I'd say it's significantly worse than Tutoring was, in terms of how enjoyable it is for how much time it takes.

I don't agree at all on how effective Tutoring was. I would say that it was 95% effective once you knew what you were doing, (and the 5% was because of personalities that just hated everyone).  I can't remember if it was casual or slack with a couple of different types of media handling were very hard to tutor. 

Youth Intake Day. Mar 2035.

Is it really a Golden Generation? No, probably not, :rolleyes:

19e2ac3363d0ab4c960cb17cae3674a8.png

While it might not exactly be a Golden Generation, certainly in (35a) Iker (F.Pro) (2035) * we have something at least a little bit special. While I'm usually content with just the 1x 5.0 PA player, we have a 2nd one in this intake too, (a 6'2" centre-half) and a 4.5 PA AML. 5756a5a9654deee325e49d7ce33e20ea.png

"Kriss" (35a) Iker (F.Pro) (2035) *.

7bf62bace9506fc6de8c5338657b58c5.png

(35b) Renault (Temp) *.

He's a natural as a left back, but I see him more as a centre-half if I'm honest. 

f207cea97badf9b2d667e3677b944a25.png

6'2" at 14...based on personal experience that guy's either not going to grow at all, or is going to be the only defender in world football capable of towering over Peter Crouch...

yeah what is with the 14 year old newgens in France and Germany? 

7 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

14 too? Mais oui!

You'll have to explain I'm afraoid. Google isn't being very helpful and my French is very limited. 

7d3ec443466c12e5dc5e203c3d656167.png

I always thought that "oui" means yes, so this should mean, "but yes", but it doesn't seem to for some reason. In any case that doesn't make sense either. Sorry. :lol:

5 hours ago, zlatanera said:

6'2" at 14...based on personal experience that guy's either not going to grow at all, or is going to be the only defender in world football capable of towering over Peter Crouch...

yeah what is with the 14 year old newgens in France and Germany? 

In FM14 I tracked the increase in height of players who were "born" at all heights while managing San Marino in Italy. I'll have a look to see if I can find the thread now. 

I thought it was in this thread but can't find it now. 

I'm trying to think which other thread it might have been in? Gibraltar perhaps? No, I'm sure it was with San Marino. Maybe it's in a thread of iot's own. I will have a look over the weekend

Mar 2028.

c6f09bdf4fcb7990cb4cefc7c939a42c.png

Losing away to top of the table FCSM, (who are Sochaux by the way), is no disaster, and then we drew at home to 2nd placed Auxerre. Other than that we won the other 2 games and also beat another Ligue 1 side in the Cup.

Montpellier are currently 3rd in Ligue 1 and we just beat them!

6a77571fbc095894bf3cc35915c721d5.png

The wins against Clermont and Paris sees us end the month in 6th, just 2 points outside the playoffs. 

89429673850c19e75c9da1e470f924d8.png

Apr 2028.

4f47abfcfdb5aa5d1a6befb54397d8fc.png

We might have needed penalties, but we have beaten a 3rd Ligue 1 side in the French Cup now, (adding Nancy to Montpellier and Toulouse).

Goal-scoring GK (23e) Bouchez (F.Det) * scored his 6th and 7th goals of the season, bringing him to 37 career goals. 

We may have lost a 7-goal thriller to relegation battlers Amiens, but we still collected 12 points from a possible 15 points and this secured our playoff position and built a 6 point gap between ourselves and 6th placed USBCO, (who are Boulogne by the way). 

2f9e0c124f6d24330cb62b7b2225572e.png

There are 3 league games left and we need to win just 1 of them to guarantee a Playoff finish. As mentioned previously though, we need to do everything we can to finish 3rd rather than 4th or 5th. If we finish 3rd then we have a decent chance of promotion via the playoffs. If we finish 4th or 4th then the likelyhood is that we will be in Ligue 2 again next season. 

Is Europe a real possibility? May 2035.

We are in the Semi's of the French Cup and have been drawn against Lyon. Reims and Havre play in the other Semi. 

8a544ddba1aeb90e9a087edc48f5c754.png

Lyon are currently top of Ligue 1, 6 points ahead of PSG with just 4 games left to play. It's going to be a big ask to beat them and let's be honest, it's REALLY unlikely, but we have already dispatched 3 Ligue 1 teams so you never know.  

Reims are surprisingly in 6th place, 5 points ahead of Rennes in 7th. 

Havre are 1 place above the relegation zone in 17th, but are a massive 8 points clear of Metz so there is little danger of them being caught.

ccf2fa5295e6841cbb74347253f6fe7b.png

Usually I would be saying that if I can somehow sneak past Lyon then I want Havre in the Final, but the truth is that if we do actually make it to the Final, then it's Reims we want to play because we will be almost guaranteed European qualification just for losing. If on the other hand we beat Lyon and then  play Havre in the Final, we will have to beat a 5th Ligue 1 team to ensure European qualification. 

Either way, getting past Lyon is going to be a monumental task and it's really highly unlikely, (hence this post before the Semi rather than waiting until after). 

d439f528e4ea64f066a45215a94b142a.png

For those of you wondering what happened to PSG, Monaci and Marseille in the Cup....

90301621a66d406faa51c2b5e38e7f93.png

f06946c12b2d4f47e08d6fe52bdd82cf.png

a88d0ba98e9bd37148b038b5c7475803.png

May 2035.

59fb07c6b2e19966ee756f555ac003b4.png

We were unbeaten in the last month, (in Ligue 1), but that was still only good enough to finish 4th in the league. 

0bf62e2385fffdc240ef52324827ec89.png

As a result of finishing 4th in the league, we get a home game against the 5th team and then if we win that we get an away game against the 3rd team. 

If we win that Ligue 2 Playoff Final against Stade Lavallois MFC then we play a 2-legged tie against the team who finished 3rd bottom in Ligue 1, (in this case FC Metz).

5bc3799420933cb989a8acb5faceaeef.png

Playoffs.

dc5fbf8321d918fe7515e7924535b1e3.png

We romped past Angers in the 1st Round of the Playoffs, but we couldn't score against Stade Lavallois MFC just 3 days later, (who had a player sent off on 74 mins), and they sneaked past us 9-8 on penalties, after 13 penalties were taken each. 

1efe65ccc0b24b6f9a696548b647d120.png

What is even more annoying than losing 9-8 on penalties is that the team I support, (Barnet FC), lost 4-1 on pens aet in the Quarter Finals of the FA Trophy, AT THE SAME TIME!!!! :mad:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

It sure seems like some genius at Ligue 1 stacked the odds significantly against the Ligue 2 teams when designing this play-off system

It really does. I know that it was Cup rather than the league, but I love that in Iceland, (I think it was Iceland anyway), if you are drawn against opposition from a lower division in the Cup, then the big team automatically plays away. :applause:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It really does. I know that it was Cup rather than the league, but I love that in Iceland, (I think it was Iceland anyway), if you are drawn against opposition from a lower division in the Cup, then the big team automatically plays away. :applause:

France has that too! Its why you even see teams from Martinique and far-off places do ok. I don't know if FM can actually simulate how many upsets there are though. I kinda wish England was like this, rather than teams being like "damn, we got drawn at home, we wanted a big day out to Old Trafford". 

I'm curious about managing in Sweden, where they get a penalty for each division between you, but given my struggles with breaking down parked busses on this FM it probably wouldn't end well for me.

Season Summary. Jun 2035.

Overall Best XI.

17f24441b0e92a644f224acc8dd85d70.png

Seasonal Best XI.

f05700e6e7ea6943ea87bc78c5d95483.png

End of Season awards

974bf8e2f16439cb34568950db5b38ef.png

(26a) Núñez (Bal) (2026) *.

Our 1st choice left back was the recipient of both the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards but at 24 years old I think this will be the last season he is eligible for the young player award. 

53e40628fa0352f9a48935be3963c91d.png

I've just noticed that he's worth £1.4M and that's a bit of a surprise to me because the next highest player valuation is nowhere near. 

afe4362c179b6d0c483184513af8d386.png

(26a) Núñez (Bal) (2026) * has already made 239 senior league appearances for us and at the age of 24 still has plenty of time to catch up with goal-scoring GK #1 Lesec who finished on 340 senior league appearances. There is no left back on the production line who looks capable of challenging him for a starting spot.

bd1db0d1382c731e83132129df192b17.png

db1f94cb072b95b52c1cb5a70b417ab5.png

Goal of the Season is another goal-scoring GK special, but this time it was more down to GK error than anything else. 

778db37f1cab769f4efce1caae1fb31b.gif

Season Review hasn't been working for a few years now and I'm not sure why. 

Squad Dynamics. The only problem I can see here is that we have too many highly influential players. Sooner or later there will come a time where some of them are unhappy at a lack of playing time, but I'm hoping I can offset that by giving them 1st team football in the Reserves is that makes sense. :idiot:

1daa6e35a4782156a37179c884a407ab.png

Confidence. 98%.

f48d1e73b17b5f95d774f2b546046b96.png

Finances.  We are within our wage budget so I'm not overly concerned about the finances. It's not my fault so what are they board gonna do? A few seasons in Ligue 1 should sort our finances out anyway. 

4e19c2588a99b50508fab301999e4d02.png

Stadium expansion. We still can't afford to expand. 

32738f7e7673072a263a218b5fa2e8a3.png

Favoured personnel. I have never had a stadium names after me in FM after many many many years of trying and I am determined to oust Didier Deschamps on this one. Our lack of finances is working out quite well in that respect in that the new stadium will hopefully be delayed until I have joined Didier Deschamps and goal-scoring GK #1 Lesec as a club legend. After that it will be a straight shoot out between Lesec and myself, (I think). My big worry is that more players will join me as legends if and when we get to Ligue 1.

eb59cb21be28e1ffe284cb74ea81345c.png

Reserves League.  We finished 4th at the 1st attempt at this level which is astonishing considering the awful start we had, (where we won only 2 of our opening 10 games). We lost 5 of these 10 games and then lost only 4 more over the course of the next 20 games. 

6293d51100a3c009cbe2350a18c4fb2b.png

b3615c7aa0672c5ba9bc6c6d0d7ab61e.png

U19's League. This is only our 4th season in a competitive league at U19 level and we have been relegated in 3 out of those 4 seasons, (finishing 10th on the other occasion), so finishing 3rd behind Rennes and Bordeaux is decent improvement. 

d277e87e007fb4fa28122e7db47f4a73.png

18 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

France has that too! Its why you even see teams from Martinique and far-off places do ok. I don't know if FM can actually simulate how many upsets there are though. I kinda wish England was like this, rather than teams being like "damn, we got drawn at home, we wanted a big day out to Old Trafford". 

I'm curious about managing in Sweden, where they get a penalty for each division between you, but given my struggles with breaking down parked busses on this FM it probably wouldn't end well for me.

If France does have it, then it's not replicated accurately in the game. 

We are in Ligue 2 and played Montpellier, (who are in Ligue 1), in the 11th Round of the Cup. We had to play away from home. 

0ddf6212bf4b5cd54550be3c46aa6671.png

FCSM of Ligue 2 were also away to Ligue 1 Havre AC.

fac3daae5e078c809eab38c84f657286.png