BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, knap said:

343 still works but not OP so I would say a version of 442.

Great to hear, I wanted to ask you the same question @knap. 442 feels real and good.

1. Any team with proper players should be able to win CL with Midsomer 442 right? Looked good with your Liverpool test for 34-3-1. Midsomer 442 of yours is pure beauty in the realistic look of the formation and for immersion :). 442 is also nice because it utilizes most kind of different playing positions that players are set for in most squads. When I played 3-4-3 I had no use for any AML/AMR players and sold them..
  2. Do the midfield wingers or MC need good tackling skill? I mean most wingers or AM:s in the game doesent have good tackling..

15 minutes ago, evillol said:

hi guys, which one VOLANTE ANCHOR or VOLANTE ANCHOR 32 Clean Sheets ?

I believe that VOLANTE ANCHOR 32 Clean Sheets is the FM19 Beta tactic so you should use the VOLANTE ANCHOR one.

From Top dog to Under dog

BEOWULF Press 4231 Narrow

BEOWULF Press 424

BEOWULF Press 4231

BEOWULF 41122

ARGUS Press 343 IF

BLUE MATTER  Press 433

ARGUS Press 352

GOODBYE Press 3412

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE cautious 451

MIDSOMER  Press 442

VOLANTE BBM Press 4132

BEOWULF Press  4411

BEOWULF Press 451

BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

ARGUS Press 343

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

For an away tactic with a top club being over cautious may drop points. It may be worth considering maybe tactics from PIGRIMAGE 451 down but if too defensive moving back up list.

I got 97 points with Newcastle mainly using this tactic but City got 98 points. So sick. Think if I had won both games against them I would have won the league, but somehow I am struggling against them and their quick wingers. Any ideas on how to beat them?

7 minutes ago, knap said:

Team talks are dynamic and  AMs are reasonable at this task. Using AM takes out a variable and in the past not using AM has caused problems with results.

I know about that knap,i have been playing this game for few years i think i am doing better job than AM almost everytime getting green reactions

@knap - just wanted to say thanks for your work on the tactics. I have taken this tactic as a base and made some changes, the tweaked version is now working very well on my Portsmouth side. We are top of the Championship mid-way through the second season, after getting comfortably promoted from league one in the first season.

I have converted the WMs to wingers, the Anchorman to a DLP and one of the F9 to a PF. This is basis the players I have in the squad. That said, the general formation and style of play works very well. Nice one :thup:

We are not scoring enough from set pieces though, any tips there?

16 minutes ago, geomprikos said:

Knap is there a way to return back loan players at first season;

Hi there, I've inherited on-loan players at the start of new saves with lower league teams. I've been able to return the players I don't want after 28 days. I only found this out as I fortuitously hovered over the 'Terminate Loan' button. Hope this helps.

47 minutes ago, geomprikos said:

Knap is there a way to return back loan players at first season;

Depends on the loan contract.

If you want to recall a player to your club, the loan must have the clause "can be recalled".

If you want to send a player back to their actual club, the loan can not have "loan cannot be terminated". 

As iamspartacus said above, you can only recall/terminate loans 28 days after the save start date. 

Knap had tons of success with your volante and volante anchor last year.  Doing an LLM save with a level 9 club this year.  Got off to a solid start using the volante, 7W, 5D, and the lone defeat was in the FA Cup First Qual Round but seems goals are hard to come by.  I know I've heard that FM19 seems that forwards/strikers are struggling this year.  But with a LLM side it's hard to find even mediocre volantes and anchors.  Any recommendations as I build the boys up?

As noted I'm not "losing" but 1-2 goals seems to be my norm.  3-4 goals is an outlier.  And been clean sheeted twice in the last four matches.

Archived