FM 19 Beowulf and MM Volante 4222 42211 Knap

Hi Knap,

first of all thanks for the amazing work on the different tactics! I'm pretty new to fm myself and having just 2 general questions about your way of posting tactics so i use them properly:

First maybe dumb question, SUS means? I reckon these are somehow defensive versions of the tactics?

Secondly, when you post a tactic with "1.4" or "1.5" w/e in the name and others just "FM19" or "Beta", does that mean we should only use the ones that are tested with the latest ME version (top of the thread) and the others further down in the OP are outdated?

Sorry if this is obvious for some.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SUS is shut up shop so very defensive, although I can win league with a defensive tactic.

It is unlikely that Beta tactics work well. 1,4 just means I tested in that version but it does not follow that the latest tactics are the best

You`ve made some great tactics, Knap! Well done! 

I have been testing some of your tactics for a while now. Most with some of the best teams. Now I`m looking for a tactic for teams between the top and the bottom. Like Everton for example. I have tried been most impressed by Volante Anchor and Beowulf Press. But I feel that those tactics are either to offensive or too defensive for team like Everton. What would you recommend? 

Depends on how much game management you prefer.

Conceding after scoring is common, so changing to a SUS to control game for a short period could work. However, a SUS can allow more pressure and allow the AI back into the game. Using a SUS too early can lose you momentum.

On the other hand, for very difficult games you could try a SUS for the full 90 mins as the AI wil be on attack mode. During a game if the AI are getting the upper hand you could change to a SUS to try to control AI.

It is therefore up to you how you much game management you want to put into each match. 

Il y a 22 heures, knap a dit :

SUS is shut up shop so very defensive, although I can win league with a defensive tactic.

It is unlikely that Beta tactics work well. 1,4 just means I tested in that version but it does not follow that the latest tactics are the best

Where can i find SUS tactic for Volante Anchor ? 

Incredible season with Toulouse FC in Franch First Division. Media prediction was 14st at the beginning of the season. I use Volante Anchor. But now i have a question for you knap. My players have progressed a lot during the season, due to good training sessions by my AM so do you recommend to stay with Anchor 442 or for go for Volante or Beowulf ? 

Ligue 1 Conforama_ Vue d'ensemble Profil.png

From Top dog to Under dog

BEOWULF Press 4231 

BEOWULF Press 424

BEOWULF Press 4231 Narrow

BEOWULF 442

BLUE MATTER  Press 433

ARGUS Press 352

GOODBYE Press 3412

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE cautious 451

MIDSOMER  Press 442

MIDSOMER Std 442

VOLANTE BBM Press 4132

BEOWULF Press 451

BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

ARGUS Press 343

GOODBYE Press 343

ARGUS Press 343 TH

When I test the first game is the first time they have played with tactic.

The theory is it is quicker to get up to speed is to put the tactic in all 3 slots and I tend to only use 1 tactic and a SUS, so never an issue.

On 23/11/2018 at 22:11, kane_richards said:

This tactic is hecking filthy. It got my Rangers team to the Champions League final in year 2. RANGERS!

Ok sure some luck was required for Chelsea.... and Juve.... but still

Which version did you use? And on which FM patch?

What should happen is the tactics will get tested over 180 games with different quality teams. Based on these results the tactics are sorted. The points for each tactic just indicates a potential but I do a list of tactics but not up to date at the moment due to download issue.

From Top dog to Under dog

BEOWULF Press 4231 

BEOWULF Press 424

BEOWULF 442

BLUE MATTER  Press 433

BLUE MATTER Std  433

ARGUS Press 352

GOODBYE Press 3412

DARK SIDE 3322 RGA

DARK SIDE 4231

PILGRIMAGE cautious 451

MIDSOMER  Press 442

MIDSOMER Std 442

VOLANTE BBM Press 4132

BEOWULF Press 451

BEOWULF Press Flat 451

BEOWULF Press 4141

BEOWULF Press 4411

PILGRIMAGE 41212 ND

BEOWULF 442 Defensive

VOLANTE 4222

VOLANTE Anchor

PILGRIMAGE 4123

PILGRIMAGE Press 343

ARGUS Press 343

GOODBYE Press 343

WOF Press 343

PILGRIMAGE VOLANTE 3403

ARGUS Press 343 TH

From?? Top dog to Under dog

TIME 433

BEOWULF Press 4231 

BEOWULF 4231 Tweak
BEOWULF Press 424
BEOWULF 442
BLUE MATTER Press 433
BLUE MATTER Std 433
ARGUS Press 352
GOODBYE Press 3412
DARK SIDE 3322 RGA
DARK SIDE 4231
PILGRIMAGE cautious 451
MIDSOMER Press 442
MIDSOMER Std 442
VOLANTE BBM Press 4132
BEOWULF Press 451
BEOWULF Press Flat 451
BEOWULF Press 4141
BEOWULF Press 4411
PILGRIMAGE 451
PILGRIMAGE Flat 451

PILGRIMAGE 41212 ND
BEOWULF 442 Defensive
VOLANTE 4222
VOLANTE Anchor?
PILGRIMAGE 4123
PILGRIMAGE Press 343
ARGUS Press 343
GOODBYE Press 343
WOF Press 343
PILGRIMAGE VOLANTE 3403
ARGUS Press 343 TH

TIME 343

In latest beta attacking movement seems better (also between both strikers) although most goals come from crosses. Defensive play is also better (not so many long balls over the top). Set pieces seem too strong and sometimes the 2 volante's still chase the same player. But overall it's fun to play again, although the attacking movement and through balls still need some more updating.

I understand results may not be as good, but just wondering if it's possible to make a top Volante-Anchor tactic that uses a number 10 + striker combo,  rather than 2 false 9's? I'd much prefer to use this attack in my game but not sure what player roles would yield the best results? Also not sure whether to use both players in the centre or one or both playing slightly to the left/right. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Knap,

Amazing tactics!

I've been using Beowulf4231narrowKnapPress with staggering results.

I'd like to play in a more Barca/Ajax/Cryuff style in my new career. I know that this is tougher in FM19, but which of your tactics is closer in terms of width and possession?

Thanks again!

Archived