FM 19 Beowulf and MM Volante 4222 42211 Knap

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, knap said:

I would check attacking corners as some tactics are showing a weird set up.

The 41122 is not out yet but is P107.

Yes you're right, in the attacking corner setup my DMCR is positioned in my goal.

Didn't even noticed in the game, or no negative effect.

Maybe better setting it on default till real game.

Yeah same question as christtrott. I'm currently playing this, and loving it.

Tb4ajxL.png

Balanced scoring, ratings, good possession, and good results. 2 point behind 1st going in to January with Torino.

Based it on your Beowulf424 and my own version of 442VolBWM (which was a tweaked version of yours, so really most credit to you) from last year.

So if your 41122 is working well I know my success might not just be random luck and the formation has something, at least for beta but hopefully full game as well.

My only current complaint is that it's a bit heavy on wing back crosses. It's effective, but a bit repetitive. Also it feels weak vs 3 strikers. But setting WBs on automatic and hold position vs that seems to help.

Looking forward to comparing and probably stealing some of your ideas (as usual) if your 41122 is similar.

Be nice to know what happens with instant result. I assume just like playing a game with no tactical changes which is exactly the same as playing the game with a P&P tactic.

Match plans would not be good as at mercy of AM messing around with tactic.

I assume mostly post patch so no real change in results.

7 minutes ago, geomprikos said:

Knap i am playing the same formation with inverted backs 2extrem attack and aDlf suport....but its unstable....i ll try it mixed with yours....any help please!!!!

433...the last one...im trying pep style with inverted wing buck

FC Magdeburg (newly promoted from 3. to 2. Bundesliga)

• season preview 17th (out of 18 clubs)
  • 1. season - won the 2. Bundesliga by 8 points
  • no transfers
  • playing 4222 Volante Anchor
  • training, team talks AM
  • 1. half of the season played before the game update, 2. half of the season played after the game update (noticed no difference in performance, or even better)
  • toying just with mentalities during the game, but at the end just use original attacking and very defensive to protect the lead (last 10-15 min)
  • team dynamics is again very important (match cohesion and dressing room)
  • this tactic is a good base for SUS which would be even more effective for preserving the lead than just changing mentality to very defensive (which is also effective).
  • noticed more goals from set pieces (free kicks) than last year, which is nice
  • injuries seem ok I guess (picture below)

Bundesliga 2_ Overview Stages-3.png

1. FC Magdeburg_  Overview-2.png

1. FC Magdeburg_  Senior Fixtures-2.png

FC Magdeburg v 1. FC Köln_ Match Review.png

1. FC Magdeburg_  Overview-3.png

1. FC Magdeburg_  Injury History.png

Gonna wait until full game. But excited to try the 43021.

Think I'm gonna try with a DLF instead. I'd imagine the DLF would do a good job holding the ball a sec or two for the Vols to come charging forward.

Also think I'm gonna compare the Anchor role to a Half Back. Feel like the Anchors "take less risks" in that role might cost a few nice counter goals.

Also I just love a good Half Back tactic.

Nice to see it's probably doable.

Would be fun to see if a 43012 narrow with double Vols would also be possible (or maybe even 43102 narrow?). That feels like a tactic that could really attack in waves and score on some nice through balls.

Would probably need a lot of tinkering to not be a really Wing Back heavy style of attack though with current engine. Crosses on crosses.

Tried it on my testing save with Cardiff, before this I had 5W 1D 1L after update lost to Preston in the cup, lost to ManUtd and barely scrapped a win against Southampton in the last minutes.  With  volante anchor im conceding a lot. 8 conceded goals in 3 games.   That was my total before the update.

Just now, knap said:

Were they the same games or were you continuing save?

It was a save i had ready for release using only these two tactics from this thread. So just continued from it, I'm gonna play few more games to see if it was just coincidence.

Sometimes on a patch change weird results happen, this happens even if no ME changes. Sometimes better to replay games that you have watched before to see if changes in play are occurring.

Not helped by attacking corners being very weird on Beta.

Archived