The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal IF Youth Intake 2021

Here we go again, can't be worse than last year right? Well.. it's slightly better.

07KYS2A.png

Only one player that looks good, but he is in a position we needed at LB and will be at least the backup straight away, if not the starter. Here he is:

2c6hoS6.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had my season 1 write-up all done here, went to check on one thing and closed the wrong tab.....  Curse words were spoken.....

Will try again at lunch here at work, if I can access the images and if the gaming laptop I am stalking isn't back in stock at the local store....  :D

logo.png

KSK Hasselt 2024-25

Screenshots

Season    League                   Position    Belgian Cup      Achievements/Notes                            Top Scorer
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   First Amateur Division   11th        5th round        Stayed up                                     Sam              (12) 
2020/21   First Amateur Division   11th        5th round        Stayed up again                               Djonhambo        (17)
2021/22   First Amateur Division   11th        4th round        Three seasons running in the same position    Sam              (16)
2022/23   First Amateur Division   7th         Qtr final        Progress in the league and a cup run          Sam / Pulcinelli (13)
2023/24   First Amateur Division   4th         6th round        Into the play offs!                           Djonhambo        (9)
2024/25   First Amateur Division   11th        6th round        Back in a familiar position                   Ramaekers 20k    (8)

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2021/22
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQStGUG7r0HtXEsa9toRpLEjhg_Jmdxe3vA3oEQSQ9MhUB5GbTz
Table - End of season Squad - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2
xHW7snP.png

The Year:
Seemingly I was over pessimistic about the teams ability too blossom as the bookmakers but us at 4th favorites. Personally I didn't think much of it as I expected another playoff season but a hopefully improved one from last years 9th placing. I complained about the lack of a real goalscorer and a real creator in my side. But how wrong I was as the former king of assists Nicola Andreoli was back with a vengeance netting 12 himself aiding 14 and claiming the highest average rating at 7.18! While no one broke the magical 20 mark in terms of goals Pierpaolo Bulevardi came close with 19. But on top of this we had more goalscorers in Nicholas "super subbie" Giacomarro who was particularly important in the last stages of the season. Young 21D intake Aniello Biagioni also scored 10 from his left wing. We had a truly flourishing year even tho at times there were struggles, and even talks about my sacking. The first eye catching thing about the league table would be our promotion trough the playoffs. This is where Giacomarro comes back in and enters the history books. Trough carrying us despite a injury too our most important asset Nicola Andreolli. We scored 64 league goals this season an increase over our 60 regular, but we also conceded further 10 less this year. From my first stint we conceded 35 less goals! Having never done much in the playoffs I was quite shocked and surprised too see over run.

unknown.png

And I have too say the playoffs where crazy! I excepted nothing as the first match was versus Pordenone a team I had never beaten, and suffered a heavy record breaking 9-0 defeat too. Thanks too a perhaps rather odd rule of the higher seed being the tiebreaker we carried on too the 2nd round. We got past Latina Clacio but with the cost off Nicola Andreolli getting injured with the best hopes of a return in a potential final! Sadden by this loss I excepted very little as the solution was too change formation (4-2-3-1 into 4-2-2-2). It looked bad as we only narrowly got past Padova after a late goal from the most unlikely source youth intake defender Mauro Bellato22G. We then faced Sambenedettese the highest seed from our own division who were heavily involved for direct promotion. I had little hope but then out of nowhere a spark was created. I spoke of a prospect shining in the darkest hour in my last post. And here he came in the form of Nicholas Giacomarro! A player that I literally only had started 1 once before in a official match. He was my go to attacking substitution player. He would go on too score a brace in the first leg versus Sambendettese another brace versus Potenza after losing the first leg at home 0-1. And could you guess what he did next? Giacomarro scored another brace in the final! 

Youth Intake:
Following the intake in order we start with Francesco Valli 22A who is a left-winger who is quite resembling of last years Aniello Biagioni 21D. Either way there is no denying that Valli looks a exciting prospect for our level. Gianluigi Bonotto 22B is the next man and he might be my pick of the bunch. Mainly because of the fact he is a natural striker! For his age he's also rather physically developed. His finishing leaves for much too be desired however. Omar Bratti 22C is a wonderful addition as we were lacking a proper talent in that position. Daniele Piccoli 22D is quite well liked by my staff and his addition hints at a strong left midfield linage going on in Cesena. I would like to have more from the other side present themselves, as well in the advanced winger position not the coming left or right mid. The other contender for the pick of the bunch is Andrea Cioffi 22E who already amasses some quite solid attributes. With some time and development this young lad could find himself landing a future role in the side. Especially we have lacked a player that has the quality too be a proper passer in the central line.  The last worth a mention is Mauro Bellato 22G while placed under Daniel Stella 22F I think most here would agree Mauro Bellato looks the better of the two. He could prove important as Jacopo Cescon 20D has started too gather some interest.

Next Year:
I will not lie here. I don't really know what too expect or how too feel about our sudden arrival into the Serie B. Should I be worried over our ability too compete here? Should I be happy about the potential better youth intakes? About the better ability too attain players or worried about my players being in a more visible league? Either way I think how this years summer goes down could be important. If I am able too retain the squad impact. I see no reason too why we wouldn't be able too go down fighting! So far summer windows have gone rather well it's been the winter ones that has been a hassle. The biggest thing I look forward about Serie B however is the prospect of the club earning more money. As the finances shows we took a noticeable loss last year. On top of that our training facilities downgraded due too advancements in the field. Advancements we cannot afford too keep up with due too our financial situation. This has also become a problem in facets like improving junior coaching and youth recruitment. Granted we are not poor in these areas either. Regardless bring on Serie B!

Edited by HbG93

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2034-35 - Liga NOS

ul8wccV.gif

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

League: You don't move up the league by losing 11 games, including 5 out of 6 in a horror patch around December. (27b) Carriço tearing up his knee in training, missing a bunch of time and never really hitting top form didn't help, but it was just a frustrating season in the league where we didn't win enough games we should have. At our best we're as good as anyone, but 6th was a fair overall reflection of our season.

CupsThe good news of the season - we won our first top level trophy by taking out the league cup! We reached the semi final of the main cup too, losing on penalties to Sporting after holding both legs 0-0. Considering Sporting went undefeated in the league to take them to penalties was a good result.

Champions LeagueWe again drew the reigning champion, Barca in this case. However we were much improved on two years ago, at least providing some competition in all our games, and getting a win and a draw against Roma and a draw against Dortmund to finish third.

Europa League: We blitzed our way through to the final, easily winning our legs against Dynamo Kyiv, Marseille, Arsenal (who thrashed us two years ago, again showing our improvement) and Braga. Monaco only just barely edged us 2-1 in the final, on the back of us having a goal disallowed that I swear was onside. What can you do except complain in the press conference and risk a fine?

Youth IntakeContinued investment that I'm pretty sure has maxed recruitment out now has only been enough for the intake to about keep pace with the first team improving. Best prospect is striker (35a) Carlos Nuno, a position we're now well stocked for. I could really do with a high potential GK (our current one looks like topping out slightly below average for the top tier), a big rock of a centre back, or a class midfielder to take over when (24a) Rodrigo begins to decline.

(29a) João Silva: Same pattern both transfer windows: Premier League teams come sniffing about, he complains he wants to move to a big club, I say we'll deal with it if anything comes in, nobody makes a bid. Eventually someone is going to make a bid and I'm going to let him go. He's good, but not so good that I'm willing to risk an unhappy squad over. He's just in that awkward spot that he's too good for us to be able to convince to stay, but not quite good enough that top teams must have him at any cost. If anything I'd prefer they hurry up and take him if they're going to so I can give his games to someone else!

So back to the Europa League group stages next year. We should have enough ranking points to get a decent draw and who knows, maybe we make another run at it. The main aim has to be a consistent performance in the league to get back in the top 4 though. I know, I know, I said improving in the league was the goal last year and look at how that worked ...

Season  | Div | League | Cup | L Cup | Champions | Europa | Goals             | Assists            | Rating              | Notes
--------|-----|--------|-----|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-20 | III | 10th   | 1st |       |           |        |  9 Martini        |  9 Fonseca         | 7.02 Martini        | 7 points clear
2020-21 | III |  2nd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 24 Fonseca        |  8 Dedé            | 7.21 Fonseca        | Playoff Semi-Finals
2021-22 | III |  2nd   | 2nd |       |           |        | 21 Guerreiro      | 14 (20b) Carriço   | 7.31 Guerreiro      | Playoff Quarter-Finals
2022-23 | III |  6th   | 2nd |       |           |        | 18 Guerreiro      | 11 Dedé            | 7.00 Guerreiro      | Mid-season form slump
2023-24 | III |  4th   | 2nd |       |           |        |  6 (22a) Faustino |  5 Guerreiro       | 6.99 (21a) Teixeira | Tactic changed to 4-5-1, can't score
2024-25 | III |  3rd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 19 (22b) Borges   | 10 (24b) Capela    | 7.42 (21a) Teixeira | Choked away playoffs
2025-26 | III |  2nd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 18 (21a) Teixeira | 10 (20g) Fonseca   | 7.36 (21b) Carvalho | Champions!
2026-27 | II  | 13th   | 3rd | 1st   |           |        | 13 (22b) Borges   |  9 (21a) Teixeira  | 7.04 (21a) Teixeira | Survived with 3 games in hand
2027-28 | II  |  8th   | 5th | 2nd   |           |        | 13 (26a) Carvalho | 10 (22b) Borges    | 7.29 (24d) Leite    | Top half
2028-29 | II  |  3rd   | 5th | 2nd G |           |        | 20 (26a) Carvalho | 16 (24b) Capela    | 7.70 (24b) Capela   | Lost league in last game
2029-30 | II  |  1st   | 3rd | 4th G |           |        | 26 (26a) Carvalho | 21 (27b) Carriço   | 7.88 (24a) Rodrigo  | Champions!
2030-31 | I   |  6th   | SF  | 2nd   |           |        | 25 (26c) Rato     | 22 (27b) Carriço   | 7.70 (27b) Carriço  | Europa League qualification
2031-32 | I   |  4th   | 6th | SF    |           | 1st KO | 52 (26c) Rato     | 32 (27b) Carriço   | 8.02 (26c) Rato     | Champions League qualification
2032-33 | I   |  8th   | 5th | SF    | 3rd Group | SF     | 29 (26c) Rato     | 34 (27b) Carriço   | 7.56 (27b) Carriço  | Inconsistent domestic form
2033-34 | I   |  4th   | 5th | 2nd G |           |        | 28 (29a) Silva    | 18 (27b) Carriço   | 7.53 (27b) Carriço  | Bounce back
2024-35 | I   |  6th   | SF  | Won   | 3rd Group | Final  | 33 (29a) Silva    | 19 (30d) Rodrigues | 7.35 (29a) Silva    | First trophy
Edited by Shakes

12 hours ago, Shakes said:

I don't claim to understand the playoffs you went through @HbG93, but so long as you win I guess you don't have to understand why. ;) 

No worries don't quite understand or believe it yet myself :)

Well the necessary is done, off the Chelsea ...

image.thumb.png.7c4a691f26f6211bd3d6bb0abf68f8d6.png

Fans don't like it but what can you do. €54M base, €60M if he makes it to 50 games, plus 50% of next sale is a lot of money for someone who isn't even a senior international yet. Took the money over time to get a little bit more and to make the board less likely to take huge chunks of it as profit. ;)

6 hours ago, Shakes said:

Well the necessary is done, off the Chelsea ...

image.thumb.png.7c4a691f26f6211bd3d6bb0abf68f8d6.png

Fans don't like it but what can you do. €54M base, €60M if he makes it to 50 games, plus 50% of next sale is a lot of money for someone who isn't even a senior international yet. Took the money over time to get a little bit more and to make the board less likely to take huge chunks of it as profit. ;)

The fans will get over it and enjoy the improved facilities without bothering to thank you :D

Vastra_frolunda_if.png
Vastra Frolunda IF
Season 01 – 2019

Domestic League : Division 2 Vastra Gotaland (Tier 4) - 4th 
I have to be happy with a very solid first season in charge.  We started out fantastic, 6 wins, 3 draws and a single loss in our first 10 league games.  We then hit a rough patch going winless in 6 games, before steadying the ship to finish off very strong!  Frustratingly only a single good result away from a playoff spot, but all things considered a good season.

Domestic Cup : n/a
Not high enough yet to gain entry

Europe : n/a

Youth Intake
A good intake in terms of potential, but there are so many poor personalities and low determination kids we may have some trouble getting the best out of them.  Admir Jukic (01A) is the best of the bunch and may end up scoring a few goals up front for us.

Squad Stats - Season Awards - Transfers
Abdoulie Jobe - Played great as a box to box midfielder in the middle of the park.  Swept the awards with POTY, YPOTY and goal of the season!
Emil Ursholm - Bombed up and down the right from full back
Sebastian Hansson - Bombed up and down the left from full back

General
There is a common theme with my starting squad.  Very young, lacking determination and no great starting personalities.  Usually mentoring would be in full effect to help out the young kids, but there are no older, wiser heads to be the mentor.  I am going to be overly careful on who I keep and let go to begin with, to try and tip the scales back a little bit towards a more determined squad (the overall low determination can cause the higher determination kids to lose determination, therefore starting a never-ending cycle).  My concern here is so great, determination is one of my starting KPI's I am keeping track of season by season to begin with.

Need to fix my front three, as they were either great or completely not involved and getting rated around 6.0 - 6.3......

ZOc5gfI.png

uIVvuef.png

Edited by Braumiller
formatting

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2022/23
Table - End of season Squad - Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Playoffs

tmfk4Sb.png

The Year:
Welcome too Serie B where we are predicted dead last! We did surprisingly well and even was at 1st at half play. But the other teams stopped messing about and we descend but only too 8th!  A very good year if you ask me. Now if we can work on improving our overall consistency I see no reason for why we couldn't return into playoff land next year as well. We had a negative overall goal difference too no surprise really. We don't win because we are some dominating side. We win because we are good at finding our goal, and sometimes we find two while only conceding one. It's that type of team we are. Embrace the grind. A funny notion is that Juventus U23 have now twice in a row won the playout match. While my target for relegation favorite Ascoli Clacio did indeed end dead last proving my psychic prowess. I did not however imagine that Benevento would claim the title with a comfortable 6 point lead on Bologna and Perugia. Bologona must be estatic while Perugia heartbroken. Glad I wasn't that close to getting a promotion! But oh I was. Because we destroyed Pescara in the initial playoff match and did the same versus Crotone in the first leg. I will be honest here I really didn't want too promote. It would an incredible feat but also a terrible future. I could see myself getting the sack after relegating the following year. So in a way thankfully US Lecce had other plans in the finals. Still it's been a wonderful and magical year for us after all we were predicted dead last. 

Youth Intake:

Let's talk about the ones worth talking about only. This might be our weakest intake so far. Armando Pellettieri 23A is a very interesting pick up for us. He adds competition on the left-back where we only had one proper prospect so far. The interesting thing now is too find out who the better one is. I am quite impressed with Armando's early mental abilities but the fact is as a left-back he needs too be far quicker if he ever wishes too play. He is also too short for a central defender training all tough he can already play there. If I used defensive midfielders he could perhaps be train for that but as such I don't see the point. Stefano Alemanni 23B is my favorite of the new young hopeful prospects! I think my current goalkeeper is the weakest link of the team. With Stefano we add direct competition for that position, and I think perhaps it could be worth too start matching Stefano here very early. Luciano Mingiano 23C is a pretty good shout too. He continues the trend of landing us passing capable midfielders that could grow towards a future strong central midfield lineage. It's becoming hard too decide who of the central midfield prospects should see game time. I think my solution might be too do loan outs. Talking about lineage we got another left midfielder in Moreno Cislaghi 23D now while I think he might be the weakest of the ones so far. I decided too include him in this years youth showcase. What interest me mainly about Cislaghi is that he might be better suited too be retrained as a wing-back than advanced winger. Perhaps he could turn into a bit of a versatile squad player? Those are always useful and welcome additions of my squad.

Next Year:
I already spoke a bit about next year. I do believe we could find ourself playing for the playoff zone next year too. Unless the other teams figures us out I guess. But for once I don't feel too pessimistic about the year ahead. It feels good knowing I will still play Serie B football next year. I mean that was the goal too begin with but now I have answered many questions I had about our ability too be a Serie B team. I think the most important thing all around however is too just avoid losing players during the year! We did lose Lega Pro playoff hero and fan favorite Nicholas Giacomarro too Napoli. 
I would wish him well however I am not sure he deserves it. For I really think hes moronic for wanting a transfer too Napoli. A team that he will probably never feature for. And once someone leaves they will never return, because such is the journey of this challenge.  I welcome the new year and feel comfortable that we shall not be in the relegation talk. But perhaps sniff about a promotion but I have no genuine hope of it.

Edited by HbG93

@Braumiller - The new tutoring system means you have little control over determination, or personality in general. I found whatever the determination of your best players when you take over will infect your squad for all time - in my case it was 8, and 15 years later when those guys are long gone it's still 8 because each year the new players come into the team and in a year or two are down to 8 before they can get a chance to become influential to be a force for positive change. :(

Maybe there are ways around this if you know it from the start, eg appoint your best personality players as captain & vice captain and keep them for years even if they're crap?

10 minutes ago, Shakes said:

@Braumiller - The new tutoring system means you have little control over determination, or personality in general. I found whatever the determination of your best players when you take over will infect your squad for all time - in my case it was 8, and 15 years later when those guys are long gone it's still 8 because each year the new players come into the team and in a year or two are down to 8 before they can get a chance to become influential to be a force for positive change. :(

Maybe there are ways around this if you know it from the start, eg appoint your best personality players as captain & vice captain and keep them for years even if they're crap?

Exactly the fight I am taking on :)  My 3 players who can assist with mentoring currently have determinations of 8, 8 & 9.  Short-term, this is great as it is helping my lower determination kids get a little higher.  Their personalities are helping a little as well (Fairly Sporting, Balanced & Balanced) which is just as useful with my first two batches (season 2 write up incoming next :D ).  I have yet to see any dramatic drops in determination from the higher det kids, but I am holding most back in the youth team currently.

I much prefer this new system as the old one felt too easy to manipulate.

During season 1 I would often see coach reports stating the squads overall personality has had a negative impact on players.  Second season it has stopped and even some positive impact messages and personality changes.

Looking forward to seeing how the squad evolves over time.

Vastra_frolunda_if.png
Vastra Frolunda IF
Season 02 – 2020

Domestic League : Division 2 Vastra Gotaland (Tier 4) - 1st
A fantastic year!  Started off with three tight games (1-0 win, 0-1 loss, 0-0 draw) and then we galloped away.  The new board (chairman elections) wanted a 2nd place or better finish and that had me worried to start with, but with a tweaked tactic to a 4-1-4-1 we were so solid at the back and that allowed more freedom going forward.  Record points total and win totals for the division! 
The only downside is the lack of play time for the first batch of youth graduates, but with the original squad being so young on average this isn’t a pressing need (yet!). 

Still no entry for us

Youth Intake
Unspectacular.  Our best prospect is goalkeeper Foday Jammeh (02A).  Will get plenty of youth minutes, so worth keeping an eye on

Squad Stats - Season Awards - Transfers
Emil Ursholm - Another great season from our marauding right back.  Join top assists with Hansson
Sebastian Hansson - Another great season from our marauding left back.  Join top assists with Ursholm
Abdoulie Jobe - Bossed the middle of the park again

General
Overall, very happy with our steps taken. 
On the pitch we were great. 
Off the pitch the squad has ballooned to 52 with our two intakes and I will need to trim this a little.  Higher determination kids that were below my usual potential ability cut line were kept, to help offset our issue with overall low scores there.  Borderline kids with poor determination were cut.  As with last year, our first XI average age is still just 21.8, so no need to keep them for now.  Admir Jukic (01A) made the break into the first team during the 2nd half of the season and is officially our first youth graduate to do so.  Played great in left midfield and not the striker role as expected, now made that spot his own.

mpfuHcl.png

IB2jQ4U.png

39 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Exactly the fight I am taking on :)  My 3 players who can assist with mentoring currently have determinations of 8, 8 & 9.  Short-term, this is great as it is helping my lower determination kids get a little higher.  Their personalities are helping a little as well (Fairly Sporting, Balanced & Balanced) which is just as useful with my first two batches (season 2 write up incoming next :D ).  I have yet to see any dramatic drops in determination from the higher det kids, but I am holding most back in the youth team currently.

While in the youth team the best prospects are the team leaders of the youth team, so they will be imparting their personality on other youth team players - the system only works between players on the same squad. It's once they step into the seniors that they will be bottom of the pecking order and brainwashed by your older players like it or not. ;)

39 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

I much prefer this new system as the old one felt too easy to manipulate.

For sure the old system was too easy, but the new one has become something I rarely bother to engage with because my entire first team has become balanced and youths who come into it seem to end up that way after a year or two regardless of their starting personality without any action on my part. Which is a real problem because my youth intakes are starting to get mostly good personalities now I've been able to afford staff with decent attributes and personalities, but they get hammered down to average (with below average determination) as soon as they step into the seniors.

Congratulations on promotion! :)

Edited by Shakes

OK second try at this since last failed so i had to remove it.

Started in france with the last predicted side Belford. They had a decent side for a last predicted team but what made what to take them specificly wasnt the facilities(that are awfull to say the least) or some super stars but because they had the more balance squad in terms of positions and talent.

For my disbelive the first season went too good for my own good. Got promoted in 2nd place and got manager of the year award. I would be happy for that in a normal save but in this save is a bit bad since we cant strenght the team i may go down again and get sacked. And for make things worse my first intake was awfull (not suprising considering my facilities).

Lets see how it goes for us in ligue 2 then...

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2035-36 - Liga NOS

ul8wccV.gif

Portugal has gotten tough over the years - rated 3rd in Europe going into the season, last year saw Sporting go undefeated in the league and Benfica crowned champions of Europe. We knew we needed a special effort to get over the hump. And a special effort we got ... hitting the new year with 26 wins and a draw from 27 games across all competitions!

That pace was simply unsustainable, but it gave us such a platform to work with. In the cups we managed to retain the league cup, but were unlucky to fall to Sporting in the round of 8 in the main cup, just one of those days where you have 3 times the shots but yours don't go in.

In the Europa league we bossed the group stage so hard and with our form I really thought we might go one better than last year. Unfortunately we ran into Man U in the 2nd KO who put us in our place. A reminder there is still work to do to compete consistently with the biggest clubs in Europe!

The main event was always the league though. We never really managed to pull away, even as the big three faltered. First it was Vitória de Guimarães snapping at our heels, and as they dropped away Sporting managed to put in a run of 10 consecutive wins to make me really sweat. The lead we had on them dwindled, but we had built enough of a buffer we needed only a win from one of our last two games to secure the title.

Porto away was always going to be tough - ever since we beat them in our first season they've been punching us in the face. Normally the draw we managed would be a great result, but here it was disappointing. So to the last game we went, thankfully at home against mid table Rio Ave. The game seemed to want to extend the agony as long as possible - 4 penalty shouts were sent to VAR - but we bossed it from start to finish and comfortably won 4-1. We win the league!

An absolutely stunning top to bottom performance this year - every single player who took the field had an average rating over 7. Maybe (29a) SIlva was a locker room cancer holding us back? ;) That said (27b) Sérgio Carriço was clearly the standout with 28 assists in 35 starts, well and truly over his knee injury from last year.

The youth intake continues our recent history of producing striker prospects. (36a) Tiago Morais looks like a one dimensional goal scorer, but he could develop into a world class one.

With the league victory I'd like to say we can now turn our focus to Champions League, but the reality is the domestic league is tough and we can't just coast to qualification. I think a successful year next year would be top 2 in our CL group and top 4 in the league.

Season  | Div | League | Cup | L Cup | Champions | Europa | Goals             | Assists            | Rating              | Notes
--------|-----|--------|-----|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-20 | III | 10th   | 1st |       |           |        |  9 Martini        |  9 Fonseca         | 7.02 Martini        | 7 points clear
2020-21 | III |  2nd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 24 Fonseca        |  8 Dedé            | 7.21 Fonseca        | Playoff Semi-Finals
2021-22 | III |  2nd   | 2nd |       |           |        | 21 Guerreiro      | 14 (20b) Carriço   | 7.31 Guerreiro      | Playoff Quarter-Finals
2022-23 | III |  6th   | 2nd |       |           |        | 18 Guerreiro      | 11 Dedé            | 7.00 Guerreiro      | Mid-season form slump
2023-24 | III |  4th   | 2nd |       |           |        |  6 (22a) Faustino |  5 Guerreiro       | 6.99 (21a) Teixeira | Tactic changed to 4-5-1, can't score
2024-25 | III |  3rd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 19 (22b) Borges   | 10 (24b) Capela    | 7.42 (21a) Teixeira | Choked away playoffs
2025-26 | III |  2nd   | 3rd |       |           |        | 18 (21a) Teixeira | 10 (20g) Fonseca   | 7.36 (21b) Carvalho | Champions!
2026-27 | II  | 13th   | 3rd | 1st   |           |        | 13 (22b) Borges   |  9 (21a) Teixeira  | 7.04 (21a) Teixeira | Survived with 3 games in hand
2027-28 | II  |  8th   | 5th | 2nd   |           |        | 13 (26a) Carvalho | 10 (22b) Borges    | 7.29 (24d) Leite    | Top half
2028-29 | II  |  3rd   | 5th | 2nd G |           |        | 20 (26a) Carvalho | 16 (24b) Capela    | 7.70 (24b) Capela   | Lost league in last game
2029-30 | II  |  1st   | 3rd | 4th G |           |        | 26 (26a) Carvalho | 21 (27b) Carriço   | 7.88 (24a) Rodrigo  | Champions!
2030-31 | I   |  6th   | SF  | 2nd   |           |        | 25 (26c) Rato     | 22 (27b) Carriço   | 7.70 (27b) Carriço  | Europa League qualification
2031-32 | I   |  4th   | 6th | SF    |           | 1st KO | 52 (26c) Rato     | 32 (27b) Carriço   | 8.02 (26c) Rato     | Champions League qualification
2032-33 | I   |  8th   | 5th | SF    | 3rd Group | SF     | 29 (26c) Rato     | 34 (27b) Carriço   | 7.56 (27b) Carriço  | Inconsistent domestic form
2033-34 | I   |  4th   | 5th | 2nd G |           |        | 28 (29a) Silva    | 18 (27b) Carriço   | 7.53 (27b) Carriço  | Bounce back
2034-35 | I   |  6th   | SF  | Won   | 3rd Group | Final  | 33 (29a) Silva    | 19 (30d) Rodrigues | 7.35 (29a) Silva    | First trophy
2035-36 | I   |  1st   | 6th | Won   |           | 2nd KO | 27 (30a) Osório   | 28 (27b) Carriço   | 7.89 (27b) Carriço  | Champions!
Edited by Shakes
Trying colour coded chart

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2028/2029

Erfurt news:
- manager contract extended to 30.06.2031
- finished Youth Training Facilities upgrade
---
Transfers: [Transfers] - nothing intresting.
---
Finances: After +69M reward for 7th position table we are rich with balance +70M.
---
Tactic: 4-4-1-1
---
League: rules - players under 17yo not allowed to play
predicted 18th - odds 1001.00
position 7th - qualification to Europa League.
Great season! Few fantastic results. We sometimes played so well that we could win with everyone except FC Bayern but also sometimes we were losing with weak teams too.
Few players develop greatly especially striker [Lucas Aicher] who with 19 league goals was top striker in the Fußball-Bundesliga.
---
Cup:
1st r. - won A[4-2] with HSV Hamburg (2.Bundesliga)
2nd r. - won H[3-1] with 1. FC Köln (Bundesliga)
3rd r. - lost A[3-6] after extra time with FC Schalke 04 (Bundesliga), there was 1-1 after normal time, and 7 goals were scored in extra time!
---
Intake:
This year signed 8 players. No future stars probably.
[intake] - [Michael Klewin] - [Juddy Kabeya] - [Sebastian Knartz]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Lukas Aicher (FC)  - 21 goals - 18yo, 2024/25 intake no.1 - best striker Fußball-Bundesliga!
Most assists: Nicolas Wollitz (MR) - 8 assists - 22yo, 2021/22 intake no.1
Highest average rating: Lukas Aicher (FC) - 7.20 - 18yo, 2024/25 intake no.1
Most POM: Kevin Majewski (MR)  - 5 - 20yo, 2023/24, intake no.2
Best Youth: Lukas Aicher (FC) - 7.20 - 18yo, 1st rating, 35m 21gls 4ass 5pom

Season

League

Pos

Cup

Int.Cup

Top scorer

Top assists

Highest avg. rat.

TF

YF

JC

YR

Notes

2019/20

3.rd

3rd

-

-

A.Shala [15]

R.Gladrow [7]

M.Kaffenberger [7.33]

Average

Average

Average

Average

lost promotion in play-offs

2020/21

3.rd

4th

1st r.

-

D.Geurts [17]

T.Hasse [10]

N.Lorenzoni [7.34]

Average

Average

Average

Average

1 pt behind play-off

2021/22

3.rd

1st

2nd r.

-

J.Lewejohann [20]

D.Geurts [10]

R.Gladrow [7.43]

Average

Average

Average

Average

promotion!

2022/23

2.nd

15th

1st r.

-

R.Gladrow [15]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

L.Novy [7.20]

Average

Average

Good

Established

survived

2023/24

2.nd

12th

1st r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [12]

R.Stapelfeld [6]

R.Stapelfeld [7.25]

Good

Good

Excellent

Well established

safe position

2024/25

2.nd

14th

2nd r.

-

S.Wentzel [12]

N.Wollitz [7]

R.Stapelfeld [7.19]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2025/26

2.nd

5th

2nd r.

-

R.Stapelfeld [19]

R.Stapelfeld [8]

R.Stapelfeld [7.37]

Great

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

close to play-off spot

2026/27

2.nd

3rd

2nd r.

-

N.Wollitz [16]

J.Fitzner [16]

D.Strobel [7.37]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

promotion! after playoff

2027/28

1.st

15th

SF

-

L.Aicher [20]

K.Majewski [10]

H.Meier [7.33]

Excellent

Great

Exceptional

Extensive

survived

2028/29

1.st

7th

3rd r.

-

L.Aicher [21]

N.Wollitz [8]

L.Aicher [7.20]

Excellent

Excellent

Exceptional

Extensive

EL qualification

Edited by tomay

Congrats @Shakes!  The first one always feel so good :cool:

Halfway through my 3rd season, but I will be temporarily pausing as my new gaming laptop has been acquired!!  Once I have everything set-up, transferred and ready to go, I can enjoy playing FM fully again and not on a decrepit machine in the spare room :D  Plus, the forecast is for snow this weekend, so once shoveled it will be couch & FM time!

Thanks, this one didn't come easy, I honestly thought we were going to choke away the amazing first half of the year and get left with only the league cup to show for it.

Snow? I'm enjoying the AC that's finally been hooked up to the mains. :D

Our 1st year in ligue 2 was better than expected.

After the unbelivable promocion 1st year in the tier 3 of french football when everyone expected us to go down we actualy survived ligue 2 with basicly the same players.

We got a wake up call in the 1st 3 months in the league specialy that september month and managed by a hair to keep us up.

2 regen from the 2019 class were actualy starting to florish in the main team which is good since our team is ageing fast.

Our intake was as bad as the 1st one i hope we start to get good player in the intake or its gonna start to become ugly.

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_15.png

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2023/24
Table - End of season Squad - Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

bxJgag8.png

The Year
Our second year in the Serie B Eurobet saw us rise in the prediction table from 19th place too 18th place with the same 1000-1 to win the title. However we are well aware that we are far better than that. For once we actually did pass some of the TIM Cup qualifier rounds. But as per usual my focus were solely on the league. 2023/24 season came with a tough opening losing the 3 initial matches. However we started too turn things around with 5 wins in a row before then having another form dip. We then struggled quite a bit, and took few points with several losses some quite ugly too. But come the new year eventually we turned form around again. In the end we would net a 5th placement a improvement form last years 8th. This meant more playoffs, and we made it too the finals before being shutdown by Michael Laudrups Livorno. All in all quite happy with our year, and look forward too keep developing our current players. If we don't get poached this summer I have a belief we could muster a good challenge for promotion next year. 

Youth Intake
We have a quite interesting intake here! Let's just dive right in and start with the undoubted star of this intake. Achraf Bouayadi 24A is an Moroccan-Italian that could become a Serie A worthy striker one day. With his mix of talent and personality I have no fear in the ability too develop him either. Getting Jonathan Rinaldi 24B feels good as we lost Richard Antwi 21A during the summer window leading into this year. While lacking aerial prowess he is quite quick, and regardless it's just good too have a new center-back that is believed too have good potential. Alessandro Porro 24C could prove too be a great versatile backup player in the future. His attribute spread isn't really that interesting, but hopefully he can grow into a a better player with time. Lorenzo Napoli 24D is comes at an interesting timeline. As I have just backed last years intake goalie Stefano Alemanni 23B too be starting goalkeeper. I think that I should stick with my choice, but hopefully Lorenzo can still grow in the U18/20s. Raimondo Sanna 24E have exciting mental attributes and looks like someone who could be a good defensive minded midfielder in the future. But he isn't much of an athlete. Marcello Monelli 24F has the same issue and it's worse for him as he is more offensively charged. But I won't write either off making some contribution for the team just yet.

Next Year
I look forward too the next Serie B season, as I think we are growing nicely. I also think we will be very competitive. Really the biggest thing is just surviving the transfer windows. I do however plan attempt my best too shuffle the team, so that I can try and loan out players that need game time for development. It's a bit of an issue that our depth are players that needs development. I think this has staggered my central midfield prospect in particular. 

Edited by HbG93

Sporting Clube de Pombal - 2036-37 - Liga NOS

ul8wccV.gif

A solid season after last year's title. We couldn't repeat our win - Sporting were too good - but I was happy with 2nd, meaning we're in the CL in back to back years for the first time. We also managed to secure the cup with a stoppage time goal, rounding out our domestic trophy cabinet.

In the Champions League we managed to top our group, which gave me hope for the knockout stages, but we are still not good enough to consistently hang with the best teams and Inter thrashed us. We beat Arsenal in our group who were eventual runners up so on our day we're close ... just need to get a lot of those days in a row!

Still good progress is being made, we achieved what we set out to achieve this year. All facilities are maxed out, the stadium was expanded to 20,616 seats, I'm working on building an affiliate network to get foreigners in our intakes, and we have 80 million in the bank. Now it's just the grind stage of the challenge where we try to collect the talent required to win the CL.

The youth intake again has only one top prospect, (37a) Rodrigo Fernandes a more combative midfielder that is a type of player we don't currently have and might help us in the matches against tougher European competition.

2034-35 | I   |  6th   | SF  | Won   | 3rd Group | Final  | 33 (29a) Silva    | 19 (30d) Rodrigues | 7.35 (29a) Silva    | First trophy
2035-36 | I   |  1st   | 6th | Won   |           | 2nd KO | 27 (30a) Osório   | 28 (27b) Carriço   | 7.89 (27b) Carriço  | Champions!
2036-37 | I   |  2nd   | Won | Final | 1st KO    |        | 22 (26a) Carvalho | 20 (32c) Heleno    | 7.53 (26a) Carvalho | First time in CL knockout

Time for my daily update from france.

So this season was a  suprise after last year strugle we managed to get a suprising 5th place and got to the playoff final to lose to niort and they lost to caen.

This years intake was a suprise was expecting 1 or 2 more years of scraps but we actualy got 2 guys that might be worth something not wat i needed, still in a urgency for cbs since my cbs are getting older and older.

Well since the 1st season we been going up and upper suprised we havent used the brakes yet thats not a good sign since i am not ready for a ligue 1 campaign and i would say do to ageing my sqaud is actualy worse that the 1st year, but nevertheless lest see wat comes from next season and hope for the best.

Screenshot_17.png

Screenshot_18.png

Screenshot_19.png

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.png

Edited by SoulStealer

Vastra_frolunda_if.png
Vastra Frolunda IF
Season 03 – 2021

Domestic League : Division 1 Norra (Tier 3) - 1st
We began our first season in the 3rd tier of Swedish football tentatively, an unspectacular 1-1 home drawn and then we got spanked 4-1 away which made you wonder....  Thankfully, that proved to be a wake-up call and keeping faith with the same players and tactics from last years success proved fruitful.  I did not expect the year that unfolded, but we played very well overall and whenever we stumbled (which was much more often than last year as expected) we recovered almost immediately.  We had a couple of good runs of results, but it was the home stretch of the season that finally broke the backs of our challengers.  We won 9 of our last 10 league games and we finally pulled away and won the league with a game to spare.

Still no entry for us, hoping next year we get our first taste.

Youth Intake
A little better intake this year and I can see the top 3 prospects getting some starts in the coming years
Hugo Palmgren (03A) - I like the look of this kid and he gives me options at DM as well.  Positioning is an obvious early weakness but we can work on that
Selim Ari (03B) - A tall, determined and slow central midfielder.  Might find it tough to break through, but the potential is there
Love Lundgren (03C) - A versatile, but very underdeveloped defender.  Will stay in the u19s for a while to see if progress is made

Squad Stats - Transfers

Season Awards
1st - Emil Ursholm - Our very reliable attacking option down the right hand side.  Bombs forward more than ever now with his player traits.
2nd - Abdoulie Jobe - Another all action display in the middle of the park from Jobe
3rd - Phew Paulsson - A new name on the awards section, but a long time partner for Jobe.  Finally got some recognition.

General
Despite all of our advances on the pitch, we have yet to make any real progress off the pitch.  No facility upgrades of any kind in 3 years and our staff are still not at the standard I would like to be hiring.  We received 80,000 for our league position, which almost got us back to break even.  There is 252,000 in TV money from the 2nd tier next year, so I am hoping we can finally make a little cash and maybe reinvest it.
As kids are breaking into the first team, I am starting to see it affect their higher determination a little as feared after chatting with Shakes
This has me thinking of something potentially radical.  A lot of current first team players contracts are coming up for expiration at the end of next year, I am tempted to risk it all and jettison many of them and install the kids.  Shortening the 'takeover' timeframe and hopefully minimising the period of time when they might be affected by the senior squads lower determination.  Something to consider as our first season in the Superettan (the 2nd tier) unfolds.  A lot will depend on how we handle ourselves in the higher league and how the kids themselves perform.....

X4vo4dc.png

W3Fg7fd.png

Edited by Braumiller

55027262.png

Sampedrense - 2034/35 Season Report

Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2 - Fixtures 3 - Transfers

Transfers

One player in, in James Black - he'd been on my radar for ages, back before we switched to a back three. His contract was up, so I thought it was an easy free transfer to just make a bit of money from. He didn't play much, but I'm sure we can ship him on in the summer for a nice profit if we don't change our system. Cheap wages, too :D 

mbxHZf6.png

League

tvV27JF.png

The league has long since ceased to be an issue, with the two draws being a 1-1 away at Porto when down to 10 men early and a 0-0 at Maritimo when resting players for the CL semi - if it weren't for the ridiculous unbeaten streak that we're on, I wouldn't really pay it very much attention at all. Speaking of that streak...

0yhtYdf.png

Won Manager of the Year this year :) 

Cups

Won the Taca da Liga, but exited the Taca de Portugal in a poor performance at Benfica.

Europe

Won the group comfortably in spite of an opening day loss at Spurs. Had the first favourable draw in years giving us Ajax, before coming up against PSG and then Barca in the quarters and semis. We gave up poor first leg performances in both ties and whilst we thrashed PSG at home to turn that one around, we just couldn't do the same in the semi against Barca. Our great record of reaching four finals in a row is over :( . Atletico went on to beat Barca 1-0 at Old Trafford.

In a fun note, Leite's 17 goals in the competition was pretty damn impressive.

Player of the Season

Just getting better and better. Currently on 465 goals in total for the club, which is simply awesome.

Ee4errp.png

Youth Intake

Not bad and at least we have a position of need. Still after that CB or box-to-box CM.

Alexandre Guedes (YP17a) - A good looking LB that I'm hoping we can train up to eventually be our home-grown version of Feciuch at that CWB role

Facilities and Finances:

Still at max

---

Aims for next season.

• More game time for the youngsters. I've got my prospects to focus on and I will try to develop them more, possibly whilst selling off some of the non-youth players who are blocking them. The following had more game time this year and I think they are going to fit the formation in the following spots. Problem has always been that I just keep getting AMs and GKs through, so loads of cover there...

CM: Logan Long (YP13a)

AM: Alberto Djalo (YP16a)

ML: Antonio Rodrigues (YP14c)

AM/ST: Carlos Kapoco (YP15a)

DM: Mussa Semedo (YP14a)

ST: Andrei Timbur (YP14b)

• Hopefully get a CB prospect or a proper BBM in the intake. Remains a hope for next season...

Rocha watch:

As our captain's career comes closer to its end, we will keep an eye on how he does each season - would love to keep him around once he hangs up his boots, but there's plenty left in the tank yet! Not a stellar season by any means, but he's so often the pass before the assist - the stats don't really do him credit. He's at 578 games and counting. How I'd love to get him to 1000:

ExzKAmL.png

International:

In other news, for interest of managing a few different players, I took over as Italy manager post-WC exit. It's an ageing squad with not much coming through that's in win now mode to try to get me further up the Hall of Fame. We went and won the Nations League, beating England 2-1 in the semi final, before France 2-0 in the final. Woop woop! 

Progress:

Season  |  League   | Pos.             |   Cup    |     CL      |     EL      | Top scorer              | Top assists         | Top rating                  | Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | Prio      | 2nd - lost in QF | 3rd rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (30)              | Mimba (16)          | Mimba (7.65)                | Squad of 11...
2019/20 | Prio      | 1st - won league | 4th rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Mimba (35)              | Mimba (22)          | Mimba (7.70)                | 
2020/21 | Liga Pro  | 7th              | 4th rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (32)| Mimba (20)          | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.69)  | Turned Professional
2021/22 | Liga Pro  | 1st - champions  | 4th rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (47)| Elton Abdul (21)    | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (8.07)  | 
2022/23 | Liga NOS  | 10th             | 3rd rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (27)| Abdul/Barros (11)   | Elton Abdul (YP02a) (7.37)  | Elton Abdul won European Golden Boy
2023/24 | Liga NOS  | 7th              | 6th rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (23)| Barros (11)         | Jorge Barros(YP03a) (7.31)  | Made semi of Taca de Liga
2024/25 | Liga NOS  | 3rd              | 5th rd   |     n/a     |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (16)| Tavares (12)        | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.46)| Qualified for CL 3rd round
2025/26 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | 6th rd   | 3rd in group|   last 16   | Emanuel Leite YP06a (30)| Leite (YP06a) (14)  | Michael Rocha (YP04a) (7.39)| Taca da Liga runners up
2026/27 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd   | 4th in group|     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (29)| Martinho (16)       | André Tabaio (7.55)         |
2027/28 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Winners! |   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (66)| Tabaio (21)         | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.18)| 
2028/29 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 4th rd   |   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (44)| Rocha (YP04a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (8.11)| 
2029/30 | Liga NOS  | 2nd              | Winners! |   Last 16   |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Leite (YP06a) (22)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.96)|
2030/31 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | 6th rd   |   Winners!  |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Oliveira (YP07b)(22)| Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.82)|
2031/32 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!       | Runner up|  Runner up  |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (47)| Oliveira (YP07b)(24)| Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.84)| Won Club World Cup
2032/33 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!*      | Winners! |   Winners!  |     n/a     | Emanuel Leite YP06a (45)| Belo (YP11a) (19)   | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.64)| Invincible season
2033/34 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!*      | Runner up|   Winners!  |     n/a     | Ángel Trujillo (54)     | Leite (YP06a) (23)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.79)| Invincible season, won CWC
2034/35 | Liga NOS  | CHAMPIONS!*      | 6th rd   |  Semi final |     n/a     | Ángel Trujillo (51)     | Leite (YP06a) (27)  | Emanuel Leite (YP06a) (7.93)| Invincible season, won CWC

Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.   | Youth Fac.       |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 |   £96k    |  Average     |  Basic            | Good            | Good             |  3000
2018/19 |   £480k   |  Adequate    |  Fairly Basic     | Good            | Good             |  3000
2019/20 |   £256k   |  Exceptional |  Well Established | Good            | Good             |  3000
2020/21 |   £559k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  3000
2021/22 |  -£400k   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  4000 - seriously, £1m for 1000 seats...?
2022/23 |   £2.6m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Good            | Good             |  5250
2023/24 |   £2.2m   |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Good             |  5250 (planning a 16,898 stadium)
2024/25 |   £20.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  5250 (building a 17,468 stadium)
2025/26 |   £32.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  5250 (still building a 17,468 stadium)
2026/27 |   £41.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  17468
2027/28 |   £43.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Great           | Great            |  17468
2028/29 |   £50.6m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | Excellent       | Superb           |  17468 (expanding). No more debt.
2029/30 |   £57.7m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  26202 
2030/31 |   £64.4m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  26202 (expanding to 32,656)
2031/32 |   £54.4m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| Superb           |  30697 (expanding to 32,656)
2032/33 |   £79.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  34936
2033/34 |   £44.5m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  34936 - think I did finances later on last time. From now on, finances as of end June.
2034/35 |   £38.1m  |  Exceptional |  Extensive        | State of the Art| State of the Art |  34936

International Management
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Season  |  Nation   | World Ranking at 1st July |  Notable Success                                 |  
2034/35 |  Italy    | 3rd                       |  Won Nations League                              | 

@Braumiller - I got a guy who had an event to raise his determination to 17 so I installed him as captain in the hopes he'll influence the squad. Unfortunately he's not one of my best players so getting him to highly influential didn't happen this season, and he's not as good at smacking down people who want a new contract as the old captain ... still it might be helping as I have a few guys whose double digit determination seems to be holding stable.

1 hour ago, Shakes said:

@Braumiller - I got a guy who had an event to raise his determination to 17 so I installed him as captain in the hopes he'll influence the squad. Unfortunately he's not one of my best players so getting him to highly influential didn't happen this season, and he's not as good at smacking down people who want a new contract as the old captain ... still it might be helping as I have a few guys whose double digit determination seems to be holding stable.

Excellent news (just saw I mis-tagged in my write-up.....).  Have yet to start my season 4 yet, but food for thought.

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2021 Report

Our third season is complete, our goals this year were a solid mid table finish and further development of the few talented youngsters we have had come through the academy so far. here's how we went:

Cup- We dominated lower league Staal in the first round but it took until extra time before we broke the deadlock and finished it 2-0. We then beat lower league Lysekloster in penalties before losing 2-1 to Fram Larvik from our division in the 3rd round. Our best performance in the cup so far but still nothing special. We got about 115K of prize money out of it though which i'm pretty happy with.

League- A pretty poor start saw us flirting with the relegation places before a good run of mid season form propelled us up the table. With about 5 games to go we were still narrowly in both relegation and playoff contention, but we ended up nowhere near either, finishing 9th which is an improvement over last season, especially as we weren't involved in much of a relegation battle.

Best Players-

Top goalscorer: Pål Langåker 19A (14 goals) Young Pål is developing really nicely and I just hope we can hang onto him for as long as possible. He is already 4.5* CA at the age of 18 and is getting better every year.

Most assists: Marcus Rosendal and Jørgen Solvang Nilsen (6 assists) Solid work from a wide midfielder and central midfielder.

Highest avg rating: Mats Kristiansen (7.20) Our hero Tallak Bright taylor averaged over 7 again as a 1.5* CA centre back but Kristiansen had his best season so far at the club in central midfield.

Most POM: Kristiansen, Nilsen and Langåker 19A (4) 

MVP: I'm awarding joint-winners this year, to my starting centre mid partnership of Jørgen Solvang Nilsen and Mats Kristiansen, who both did their jobs perfectly all season.

Best U23 Player: Pål Langåker 19A. A pretty obvious choice.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Academy Players that played over 1000 minutes this season:

Pål Langåker 19A (14 goals, 4 assists, 4 POM)

Stian Sollien 21A (1 POM)

Goals for next season are to finish in the top half and potentially challenge for playoff contention. Additionally, we have a handful of academy products that are starting to look really promising so continued development of the youth coming through is always one of our main focuses.

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |  Top assists     |  Highest avg rating|     Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)      Bransdal(8)        Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)      Östman/Nilsen(7)   Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)      Rosendal/Nilsen(6) Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2032/33

League Table   Squad 1/Squad 2   Overall Best XI

Season Review

In our 4th season in League One, we turned the corner. Challenging for automatic promotion all the way through the season, unfortunately drew too many games during the run-in and slipped down to 5th place and a go at the playoffs. A 4-3 aggregate win over Wigan meant a Wembley visit to take on Doncaster in the final. After a 1-1 draw, an early goal in ET put us in control until a last minute equaliser. The class of Danny Tunnicliffe 26a showed through, saving two of the three penalties as we won the shootout 4-1. Wesley Bearne 19a was the star man and runner up in L1 golden boot, passing 600 appearances and 200 goals for the club this season to cement his place as the club's greatest ever player.

Youth Intake - Our already impressive defence looks to be in safe hands with three promising CB's in Kaine Harbottle - 6 foot 3 with solid stats, John Ryan who can also slot in as a holding midfielder, Michael Hughes another useful option. 

I've just started in Sweden and the club I chose only had about 10 players to start with but some extra players have been added when I took over. I definitely didn't have add players to playable teams ticked - it just seems to have added 4-5 players to get my squad up to about 15 total. Is this okay for the challenge?

Do you guys know whats the minimum amount of players I have to give playing time to when the board accepts the "Develop players using the club's youth system"? Just curious what I can get away with as I'm about to start a dafuge/youth academy challenge save.

Edited by Deicide

I don't know what the exact requirement is, but always take that philosophy at the start of the save and have never had any problems. By a couple of seasons I've got the bar sitting at 100% by just doing what I'd do anyway in a youth challenge.

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2024/25
Table - End of season Squad - Best Eleven - Finances - Facilities - Commercial Summary - Transfers - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

M0fsusH.png

The Year:
It became a tough year as my hopes of potential promotion got shattered by the transfer window. Chairman would go on too sell Omar Bratti 22C too A.C Milan, Stefano Mannino too Benevento Clacio and Antonio Giacchetti 20A too Empoli. On top of this Franceesco Valli 22A was lost too AS Livorno due too a 2.8 million release clause, before we could get him under a new contract. This meant we sold for a record sum, and while it was tough too lose these players it did allow for some facilities upgrades and coach badge funding for me. Either way losing these players set back my hopes of division progress as the loss of the two backs were in particular wounding. It didn't help either that my most important player Pierpaolo Bulevardi took on a 6 month long injury early in the season versus rivals Bologna. As such the streak of Bulevardi goal scoring was broken by Luciano Cinotti despite this Pierpaolo Bulevardi would still end the season with a higher average rating. But becuase he played about 1/3 of Cinotti matches I still felt it was only fair too write up Cinotti. Nicola Andreoli is a bit weird case. 1 season he assists for fun the next he takes a break. This time around we went straight out of the playoffs too the eventual winners during the first round. 

Youth Intake:
The intake was not as inspiring this year too previous ones I think. Maurizio Giacometti 25A is the first man too talk about. I am not sure how hopeful I am of this players progression as his current attributes are not that "future starter impressionable". Francesco Pulazzi 25B however is this years big catch! There is no doubting this kid got talent, and his trait of fairly loyal could perhaps prove vital for his longevity at Cesena. I think with a season or two to progress Pulazzi could become an important figure in our push for Serie A football. Luigi Donvito 25C is a bit odd case because his best attributes are his crossing and flair yet hes a natural striker instead of winger? I will look too focus his development as a right winger which could make him very valuable for us. For the same reason I also think Nicola Napoli 25F could have a solid chance of making appearances in our kit too. As we have yet too really get proper talent on the right. Vasco Righini 25D is a rather shabby looking left winger, and considering our already good standing talent in this area I think Vasco has slim chances. So while I think Pulazzi could might be one of the better talents we have gotten so far. The others will have little chance of impacting the first team anytime soon.

Next Year:
With the big losses too our ranks. I can't help but be pessimistic about our chances too go up next year. Before this season started I thought we were closing in on reaching promotion. But now we need time too rebuild talents too pickup the loss of quality. I fear for losing Luciano Cinotti, Pierpaolo Bulevardi or even worse goalie Stefano Alemanni 23B. As they would be further slow downs in our ability too get up. As I said earlier I do have high hopes in Pulazzi proving a strong puzzle piece in our future but It will take time before we can rely on him. I do however hope that my midfield keep growing in the shadows as teams mainly have been after my attackers and defenders. Andrea Cioffi 22E and Luciano Mingiano 23C have grown into two very solid midfielders, and I hope too keep them for a long time.

I couldn't wait too share this guy. I just hit the motherload!
unknown.png?width=810&height=343

@keeper#1
It fully depends on what you want really. But Belgium would net you good regens overtime for sure. 

Edited by HbG93

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2025/26

unknown.png

The Year:
This season became all about not losing any further players, and further developing replacements for the ones we lost last year. I was hoping this could have been a proper promotion challenge this time around but no such luck. Talking about luck! If you peek at the transfers you will see that we also lost last years savior Luciano Cinotti too Sampdoria for 6.5M (8.25M) euros. Not a shabby amount by all means, but still hurts too have lost so many players in such a short period of time. As replacing them takes plenty of time. For the first time since our arrival too the Serie B we miss out on the playoffs. I for one didn't think much of it, as I genuinely just saw this as a development year. The board and some of the fans of course wasn't too happy with this. Regardless we have our first proper self intake name on the sheets! Achraf Bouayadi 24A should ring a bell. The Moroccan has develop very nicely! Taking home top goalscorer (3rd League) and rating boss for club. Nicola Andreoli was assist king once again. I still hope too give this real Cesena player Serie A football for the club one day. But he is truly starting too be one of the lesser players of the club. But with our bad habit of never picking up anyone that could proper challenge his right wing spot he will remain for now.

Youth Intake:
Does this mean I won I FM19? My word does Pierluigi Amerighi 26A look incredible! Funny enough he should technically be named 26B but it's an insult too do that. This kid will go straight into the starting eleven no doubting that. I really hope I can claim Serie A football, and secure our self for my chairman selling this guy when the gains heat. Because he will! An absolute monster. Filippo Fabbri 26B is almost what I have been longing for. But he's not a natural right wing. He will go under training and perhaps with time he could prove inherit the right wing. Nunzio Gherardi 26C is not a shabby looking goalkeeper. I really like his already good vision if he know just learned a technique too distribute the ball. Daniel Pugliese 26D is honestly useless if he doesn't have a big growth spurt. I truly hope he hasn't passed puberty proper yet. Gianluca Coral 26E isn't really worth showing here but has a an awesome last name. 

Next Year:
There is no doubting it will be a challenging year regardless. First we need too dodge losing a key player during the summer window. My worst fair is not losing Bouayadi 24A or Bulevardi, but losing both perhaps trumps the fear of losing Stefano Alemanni 23B. He has grown into a rather proper looking goalkeeper, and the next best in line might just be new recruit Nunzio Gherardi 26C, or Lorenzo Napoli 24D from two years prior. Either way I hope neither will become first team choice anytime soon. Alessandro Porro 24C has developed nicely with a full year of exposure. He is by no means anywhere near the level of former right-back Giacchetti 20A, but still we have work with the ones we got available.  On the left too replace Omar Bratti 22C. Armando Pellettieri 23A has done good strides, and as luck will have it! He's become quicker! While not as an impressive haul as Pierluigi Amerighi 26A we still got Francesco Pulazzi 25B who with a year off football has develop well. I hope that Pulazzi and Amerighi together can be the future of our team. I am not sure if the squad is quite ready too do a good challenge for Serie A next year, but we need to get going at as I have promised 4 different players we will within 2028.

Edited by HbG93

Vastra_frolunda_if.png
Vastra Frolunda IF
Season 04 – 2022

Domestic League : Superrettan (Tier 2) - 8th
With a preseason prediction of dead last 16th we really cannot complain with a secure 8th place.
I will try to complain a little though :)  After a very unsettling start to the season (1 draw, 3 losses) we managed to rattle off 5 straight wins in a run of 8 unbeaten.  We were switching between 3rd (a playoff place!) and fourth before a combination of factors kicked in.  A - Our semi professional status caught up to us as I was constantly reminded by our club doctor that this guy or that guy was jaded and needed a week or two away.  B - They are kids!  C - I think we finally found our punching weight after out performing the past year or two.
We lost 5 of our last 6 league games as became overwhelmed.  I did not help matters as I began to tinker to get us out of the spiral.
All in all, 8th is a great finish for our club.  Just frustrating that we were only 2 points off of 4th, which is the difference between 106k and 33k in prize money :(

Domestic Cup : 2nd Round
After 3 years of waiting we finally played in the Swedish Cup.....  For one game....  We were knocked out by lower league opposition on penalties!

Youth Intake
Kenneth Milde (04A) - I gotta be honest, Kenneth is the first youth intake kid that has excited me from the start.  I nice set of physical stats along with great starting technique , aggression, bravery teamwork and work rate.  Natural at DC but thinking of playing him at DM.  Straight into the main squad and mentoring to try and fix that personality!
Mansour Alipour (04B) - We have been lacking at left back, so Alipour is a welcome sight
Anders Hall (04C) - Another centre back but with a lot of deficiencies right now
Andre Jonsson (04D) - Striker with some interesting starting traits
Andreas Carlen (04E) - Rounding out a defensive oriented intake is a professional right back who sadly has nothing to offer going forward

Squad Stats - Transfers

Season Awards
1st - Admir Jukic (01A) 48% - A landmark moment with our first youth product winning the seasonal award.  A great season, usually from the left of midfield, but he was shuffled around during the tactical indecision late on
2nd - Abdoulie Jobe 22% - Our captain this year and he performed at his usual high standards
3rd - Emil Ursholm 18% - The marauding right back chipped in with his quality performances again

General
We finally have off the field progress!  Our very low wage bill factored with the 200k+ TV revenue meant we were making a decent small profit each month.  The main income came from our 2 home games against local Goteborg rivals, both bringing in around 70k each!  We peaked at around 150k in the bank balance at one point, but we managed to get a double youth recruitment upgrade out of the board, a junior coaching upgrade and they are working on improving our youth training facilities (they declined our senior training upgrade!).  This all brought our balance back down to almost 0, but these were much overdue!
I was toying with the idea of a tactical change for season 5, but our dip in form has warned me off that for now.
One idea I think I am going to pull the trigger on is phase 1 of installing a new young captain in the near future.  Selim Ari (03B) has forced his way into the first team and I have earmarked him as a future captain and hopefully my way out of lower determination spirals.  The board have twice denied sending him on leadership courses (they say he has no interest.....), but his determination and teamwork are in good shape.  I think I will make him my vice captain next year and that way he will start getting the armband for periods of time.  Hoping this will lead to some natural leadership stat increases and maybe prod him into going on a course!

1lx7PyE.png

UHMstgc.png

Edited by Braumiller

IFK Eskilstuna – Season 1

Have hardly played FM this year but couldn’t resist this challenge :) So here we go, another Swedish team – this one is IFK Eskilstuna, who actually won the top division in 1921 but are now languishing in the nether regions of the pyramid

Starting profile | Starting squad

Season 1 – 2019 – 2ndDivision South Svealand (4thtier)

League: We started off mediocre but once I sorted out the tactic we crept up the table. Motala ran away with the title, but we were in the play-off spot until the last 2 games when a disappointing draw away to 12thplace IFK Aspudden-Telius saw Assyriska FF snatch it away from us. Good season that, still.

Star players: Adnan Cirak (AMC/ST) is my best player by far, and for now I persuaded him not to leave. The wingers Milde and Alkoyun are also doing well, but looks like Alkoyun will leave on a free.

Youth intake: Looks ok but you never know at this level, especially given my coaches’ JPA. Hallberg 19a (AMC) and Gustavsson 19b (DRC) are being used as substitutes for now, hope they can push on next season. I signed everyone with an ok PA rating or good determination.

Facilities: youth coaching and recruitment upgrades – but they’re not the best, let’s face it :) Although that stadium must look depressingly empty with our attendances of around 90.

Finances: stable is one word for it; I’m keeping the wages low so at least we’re not going bankrupt.

Transfers: one took place before I joined

Next season’s aim: promotion, ideally

Season |  League       | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists           |     Top rating            | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   | Div 2 S. Svea |  3   |   n/a   |   n/a       |     n/a     |     Cirak (22)          |   Milde (15)           |     Alkoyun (7.7)         |

Season |  Finances |  Coaching     |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
2019   |   £23k    |  Fairly Basic |      Basic        |   Poor         |  Poor           |  7800

Edited by dkouv

HbG93 - AC Cesena 2026/27

R9lyGA0.png

The Year:
For this season I spoke about not being sure if we were ready for an proper promotion bid. I mean too be fair I had come close having been in 2 playoff finals so far. My sights were set somewhere around that area this year. Get into the playoffs and from there just do our best. Turns out the season went far better than I expected. Achraf Bouayadi 24A had a wonderful year yet again! We had a period were we struggled too score, so his goal tally is a tad lower this time around. But he still was an important man leading us in the title chase. He was the favorite among fans and pundits of our team. Armando Pellettieri 23A the talent I spoke harsh against due too his lack of speed too be left-back. Has now become our starting choice, and even became the player with most assist for us this year. We were quite close winning the Serie B this year after Livorno had a big form dip in the second half of the season. While I still miss Giacchetti 20A the fans have started too show a lot of love too his replacement Alessandro Porro 24C. I have to admit he had a very good year despite his constant transfer request. It's a nightmare every time a transfer window rolls around. Maybe the Serie A status will help lower some of the wishes too leave us.

Youth Intake:
This time around the intake wasn't as exciting as the year before. But considering how good of a player we got last year it's understandable that the follow up isn't. With that said Pierfrancesco Bursi 27A is t he long awaited natural right wing talent! However he has a lot of development too do. Giordano Cappelletti 27B isn't a bad looking talent either, and he could perhaps one day follow the footstep of Andrea Coffi 22B and Luciano Mingiano 23C. Do we have a new Armando Pellettieri 23A on our hands? Daniel Mustai 27C a young Albanian has a similar profile. He's too short too play in the center, but also too slow for the left-back. Giacomo Bertolii 27D might have spent too much current ability points on that extra I in his last name. But I wanted too show at least 4 players and therefore hes there. I think realisticly only Bursi and Cappelletti has genuine chances of becoming members of the first team squad in the future. But Daniel Mustai could suprise me and have a growth spurt, or summer his inner Usain Bolt.

Next Year:
Just like when I got into the Serie B from Lega Pro. I am here now thinking should I be happy or scared about playing in the Serie A? All I really can say about the next year is that I have hopes of survival. I think.

Edited by HbG93

image.png.bd9dbdf2810c7bc4798f3312fd069399.png
FC Rot-Weiß Erfurt
Season 2029/2030

Erfurt news:
- manager contract to 30.06.2031
- youth training facilities started after season for 6,0M - ends 23.10.2030
- we get permission to build new stadium, 47M from budget +23M from sponsorship. Stadium will have 27,359 seats (current 18,611) and will be ready 18.6.2032
---
Transfers: [Transfers]
    - sold: +1M, Vincent Berbig (MC) from intake 21/22.b. He played 3 seasons with 61 apps and 9 gls in 1st team, mostly as backup/rotation player
---
Finances: balance +48M
    +51M reward for 12th position table
    -6M training facilities upgrade
    -47M stadium expansion
---
Tactic: 4-4-1-1
---
League: rules - players under 17yo not allowed to play
predicted 18th - odds 1001.00
position 12th [table]
Sacrificed few league matches to play fresh first team in the Europa League. Had to use more rotation and we weren't as good as year ago.
---
Cup:
1st r. - won A[5-0] with VfB Eichstätt (non-league)
2nd r. - won A[4-3] with SG Dynamo Dresden (3.Bundesliga)
3rd r. - lost A[3-4] with Borussia Dortmund (Bundesliga) after extra time

Europa League:
Went through the two rounds of qualifications.
Group phase: Sevilla, Beşiktaş A.Ş., R Standard de Liege. Lost twice with Sevilla, won the rest, qualified from 2nd postion.
1st r. - won H[1-1],A[3-1] with Newcastle
2nd r. - lost H[0-2],A[2-4] with Hoffenheim
Hoffenheim managed to get to the final where they lost 0-1 to Schalke.
---
Intake:
According to HoyD we had golden generation! Tom Schubert looks very promising central defender.
[intake] - [Tom Schubert] - [Alexander Schneider] - [Marco Brinkies]
---
Stats:
Top goalscorer: Cristian Matera (FC)  - 14 goals - 19yo, 2025/26 intake no.1
Most assists: Henning Schneider (MR) - 10 assists - 18yo, 2025/26 intake no.4
Highest average rating: Daniel Backhaus (DL) - 7.18 - 20yo, 2024/25 intake no.4
Most POM: Tino Schau (AMC)  - 6 - 20yo, 2023/24 intake no.3
Best Youth: Vincent Fuß (MC) - 7.10 - 19yo, 3rd rating, 43m 11gls 4ass 3pom

Season

League

Pos

Cup