Dilemmas in Football Manager

I've got a really good 19 year-old Northern Irish regen striker called Stephen Devlin. Recently, I've received a scout report about a talented 19 year-old Irish regen number ten. His name is Philip Devlin. I don't think he and Stephen Devlin are twins since they were born eight days apart, and Stephen Devlin was born in Belfast and Philip Devlin was born in Dublin.

While doing a name search to relocate Philip Devlin's page, I came across an interesting young 19 year-old Irish left back with good-looking stats for his age. His name is Derek Devlin, but probably no immediate relation to Philip Devlin, since he was born three weeks later, and in Leixlip. 

I've since spotted two promising young Northern Irish strikers a little younger than Stephen, Philip and Derek Devlin. Their names are Gary Devlin and Joel Devlin.

My dilemma is wondering how many of them I should purchase. Even a striker/number ten combo of Devlin and Devlin might get confusing, but add in Devlin swinging in crosses and Devlin and Devlin coming off the bench, it could become mind-boggling. Well, I guess there was once Joe Cole, Ashley Cole and Carlton Cole playing for Chelsea...

Have you been faced with any dilemmas while playing Football Manager?

i once had, while managing in non league, 4 Lewis playing the first team, Greg Lewis, Mark Lewis, Lewis Hamilton (not to confuse with the F1 driver lol) and a Welsh called Gareth Lewis, is so funny how in a database of over 30K players you can get so many with the same name or surname.

In an old game I had the Namibian League loaded and managed an imaginatively named team called Eleven Men. Half of their squad had the same surname, and about 5 had the same first name too. It was pretty confusing, so I had to give them all nicknames which included their position.

A couple of FMs ago (possibly 15?) I had taken Peterhead into the Scottish Championship and was trying to gear up for a promotion push by signing players released from Premiership clubs. I ended up with three Scott Browns in my team: the one who starts FM18 at Peterhead anyway, the Celtic one and the ex-Aberdeen keeper. It was weird seeing the commentary telling me about Scott Brown taking a goal kick, header won by Scott Brown and nodded on to Scott Brown...

On 19/06/2018 at 16:12, WorcesterLegend said:

i once had, while managing in non league, 4 Lewis playing the first team, Greg Lewis, Mark Lewis, Lewis Hamilton (not to confuse with the F1 driver lol) and a Welsh called Gareth Lewis, is so funny how in a database of over 30K players you can get so many with the same name or surname.

Just out of interest, what was Lewis Hamilton's pace and acceleration? 

En 29/6/2018 a las 8:03, samuelawachie dijo:

Just out of interest, what was Lewis Hamilton's pace and acceleration? 

he was an inside forward, since i always look for Pace and Acc i guess he got a lot? he is retired now, and the only one active is gareth lewis who was on the other side, he has as a 32 YO 15 Pace and 12 Acc, Lewis was more pacey, but the acc was on par with gareth, i gues a 17 and 13? he could win some GPs with those stats lol

On 19/06/2018 at 09:49, phnompenhandy said:

I had an Irish Devlin - 15 year old goalkeeper in my last academy intake.

If you were managing in some Arab countries you'd have a squad full of Muhammads, or Kims in Korea.

Yeah, the Kims in Korea are really confusing. :lol:

Nicknames are the king in such situations.

Archived