FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

4 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Had a really good second half of the season with Roma. Lost only once and had some big wins along the way, including a fan pleasing 1-0 at home to champions Juventus. Finished third, ahead of Milan courtesy of the head to head rule.

No money to spend so have to sell to buy. I’ve already sold Radja Naingolan to Chelsea for €60m and I am trying to offload Diego Perotti and Bruno Perez. Manchester United also want Kevin Strootman, who I do not want to sell but he has a €45m release clause.

Only 25% of transfer revenue is made available to me so I have to buy well. Looking at midfield signings to build a side around Lorenzo Pellegrini. Anyone know how good Nicolo Barella can be? I am also looking at Stuttgart’s Santiago Ascacibar, who looks like a real hard nut midfielder. Ruben Neves could be a long term replacement for Danielle De Rossi.

Great to see, always love a Roma save. Good luck!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I just finished my first season with Stuttgart and I have to say that I was disappointed with Ascacibar. He looks like the next Gattuso, but he's a really dumb (no other way to put it) player.
Too many unnecessary cards, even with instructions to not be so aggressive. Can't play as DM because of his lack of height, nothing special with the ball in CM role.
Got offers for nearly 20mil€ for him at the end of the season and just sold him. Got Kramer and Delaney from Gladbach and Bremen, 10mil€ each, because they both got relegated.

Barella is a better option.

Oh dear, i have agreed deals to sign them both!

Idk, maybe he works out for you, which formation are you using?
He's only 20,  so should improve his mental traits.

His attributes are fine, it's just that he got too many cards for me and I couldn't really slot him into 3 man midfield with DM and 2CM.
As I said, too short for DM and I prefer someone that can do some basic distribution and his offensive contribution in CM role was lacking.

I think he'd do better in a 3man with AM, DLP-BWM combo.

Or 2DM combo.

I scouted him on my save - "competitive streak" and "dives into tackles" = trouble. Harness him and he'll be great though. Just maybe get a cheap backup option if he's going to be one of your starters as you'll have to manage his games so he's not suspended for all the big ones.

What midfield combo are you thinking of for "building around Lorenzo Pellegrini"? If you perhaps tell us which specific roles you're looking for we might be able to offer more options. I'm currently looking for a SV-S to backup Benassi in my Fiorentina save so I've scouted about 50 central midfielders in the past hour. 

I actually got Kohr from Leverkusen mid-way first season, he got transfer listed. 5mil€ only.
And he outperformed Ascacibar, similar players.

zlatanera, Mandragora maybe? Cristante?
Grassi, Gnoukouri, Viviani... etc.

Assuming you're looking for a backup, those are all relatively cheap, home-grown options.
But since you just said you went over 50 midfielders, I assume you checked all of them out.

Most best buy players come from relegated teams in top5 leagues.

I've been looking at both Mandragora and Cristante as options for DLP-D as I don't think I can hold onto Milan Badelj past this summer. Yeah I've checked out most of the Italian midfielders aged up to 24. Cristante definitely doesn't have the physicality to play as an SV and Viviani has low concentration (I have a solid tactic that is often undone by individual errors late on from players with low concentration). Cagliari may still go down if Atalanta escape, in which case Barella becomes an option - his lack of traits mean he could rotate between DLP and SV, Grassi is rated by my scouts, as is Gnoukouri, but both are rated as "don't want to sell" (although SPAL have a comically low £891k option on Grassi, less than 1/7th what he cost Napoli in the first place). 

Other than that I'm thinking perhaps Dragos Nedelcu as we don't have much money, and I could establish a little Romania in Florence with him, Hagi and Florinel Coman (another target). Scouted a bunch of Brazilians as well - Arthur, Douglas, Wendel etc.

I do agree with you about relegated players - just a shame English wages have pulled away from the rest of Europe so much, there's always quality players there as on paper the PL's bottom half is far better than they've shown in reality this year. 

1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

I scouted him on my save - "competitive streak" and "dives into tackles" = trouble. Harness him and he'll be great though. Just maybe get a cheap backup option if he's going to be one of your starters as you'll have to manage his games so he's not suspended for all the big ones.

What midfield combo are you thinking of for "building around Lorenzo Pellegrini"? If you perhaps tell us which specific roles you're looking for we might be able to offer more options. I'm currently looking for a SV-S to backup Benassi in my Fiorentina save so I've scouted about 50 central midfielders in the past hour. 

I’m thinking of Pellegrini as a DLP or AP in a 4231 or a 4123DM with Barella alongside and a DM/BWM behind

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Idk, maybe he works out for you, which formation are you using?
He's only 20,  so should improve his mental traits.

His attributes are fine, it's just that he got too many cards for me and I couldn't really slot him into 3 man midfield with DM and 2CM.
As I said, too short for DM and I prefer someone that can do some basic distribution and his offensive contribution in CM role was lacking.

I think he'd do better in a 3man with AM, DLP-BWM combo.

Or 2DM combo.

Strange, at Stuttgart he played 35 games and got 5 yellows, no reds

32 minutes ago, stevecummins78 said:

I’m thinking of Pellegrini as a DLP or AP in a 4231 or a 4123DM with Barella alongside and a DM/BWM behind

I'd advise going DM behind. BWM is automatically set to close down a lot, don't want your anchor going wandering (Actually I had a lot of luck with a Fluid, Attacking 4123DM with an Anchor Man with Manchester United recently, got great performances out of Pogba). Barella is so well-rounded he can do almost any role - thats why I signed on my last Fiorentina save (I did end up sacked), as he's just like a smaller Benassi.

A suggestion - add a little French flavour to your side - if Lyon don't take their option on Ndombele he's amazing at everything, Aouar is an outstanding young playmaker and Lucas Tousart is a natural BWM but from memory doesn't have a competitive streak and can perform well as a DM. If you still have Gonalons he'll probably do that job quite well also.

I ended up just plumping for Nedelcu in my save - we're not finishing very high so we won't have much money unless I make sales, £2.2m with only three £400k clauses, one of which is 50 league goals (never going to happen) leaves me plenty of space. I may sign Lautaro Martinez although after bringing Rossi back I'm well-stocked in attack for a one striker formation.

Also I think I may have found a little hack for dynamics - we'd just like 6 on the bounce, a new Fiorentina record, so I had a team meeting and said "we can all do better", everyone responded well. The next game we lost  4-0 to Juventus (we had a red card and two of those were off of Chiellini's 20 long throws when Sportiello went charging out and got lost, but still) and the squad came to me about poor dressing room atmosphere - so we're currently at Cohesion - average, Atmosphere - very poor, managerial support also very poor. They all respond in the meeting about atmosphere which bumps it up, but all three dynamics bars are still red. I then go into team happiness and for all my players who aren't listed as "very happy" I praised their conduct in a personal chat. Now we have average cohesion still (so unaffected by the chats), but very good managerial support and good atmosphere! 

Short version: as long as you don't overdo it you can keep your dynamics up by praising players' conduct, although I imagine if they've been mouthing off in the press praising them won't help.

Just before I start fourth season with Roma, I call it quit.

Finished second on the first season. Won two championships in the past two seasons including one in the last game after Lazio slipped vs Chievo.

Club is very healthy financially but it feels boring. The team lost Its identity after I couldn’t keep Manolas, Nianggolan, Pellegrini, Schick, Dzeko, Under. All left and brought in tons of money. De Rossi retired of course.

I did buy decent players and there is a lot of money in the budget but it just feels dull.

4 minutes ago, turgi said:

Finished second on the first season. Won two championships in the past two seasons including one in the last game after Lazio slipped vs Chievo.

Club is very healthy financially but it feels boring. The team lost Its identity after I couldn’t keep Manolas, Nianggolan, Pellegrini, Schick, Dzeko, Under. All left and brought in tons of money. De Rossi retired of course.

I did buy decent players and there is a lot of money in the budget but it just feels dull.

Sorry to hear that. I am actually trying to move the old guard on and form a new identity. Pellegrini and Under will be key for me though.

33 minutes ago, turgi said:

Have you considered resigning and finding another team in one of your loaded leagues? 2 titles with Roma must have your reputation high enough that you can get pretty much any job you want in the game. Could be a Pep-style journeyman, leaving teams better than you found them. 

21 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Have you considered resigning and finding another team in one of your loaded leagues? 2 titles with Roma must have your reputation high enough that you can get pretty much any job you want in the game. Could be a Pep-style journeyman, leaving teams better than you found them. 

Interesting. I might give it a go.

52 minutes ago, stevecummins78 said:

Sorry to hear that. I am actually trying to move the old guard on and form a new identity. Pellegrini and Under will be key for me though.

Pellegrini had a clause of $110 million, Under’s was $80 million.

Just finished the summer transfer window at the start of my 2nd season with Fiorentina. I've posted in the Poacher challenge thread about my tactics so I'm just going to go into my transfers a bit.

First Season

So my ideal outcome for this team would for my 4-2-3-1 to feature Astori in defence, 2 DMs, then a front four of sons ("the sons of anarchy" would hopefully be the nickname if they became prolific) - Chiesa, Hagi, Kluivert and Simeone. In order to help keep Chiesa around and hopefully help eventually land Kluivert (he's way out of Fiorentina's budget for now) I hired Enrico Chiesa and Patrick Kluivert as coaches! Add in Ray Wilkins joining the staff and Gianmarco Pioli already on the staff, as well as Riccardo Sottil, Josh Perez and Jaime Baez in the youth ranks we have a real "sons of former players and also RIP" vibe at the club. Player transfers were quite minimal:

5accaf678d546_ScreenShot2018-04-10at13_32_19.thumb.png.122a781f86deebee5b949184938216ef.png

Xabi Irureta is a basque goalkeeper bought on a backup contract - I lowered his wage and drove up the appearance fee whilst excluding the unused substitute fee as his job is to sit on the bench all season so that Dragowski can get regular game time in the u21s (Dragowski also plays the cups). Giuseppe Rossi came back even though I have a lone striker formation as I just love him, and his hat-trick against Benevento probably stopped me getting sacked so repaid my faith easily. Has an injury release clause though. Vlahovic was a set transfer, couldn't register him as he's nEU. Carlos Sanchez was kicking off so I shipped him out, Rebic was a clause - I had no control - and Gilberto wasn't going to get a game as we were well stocked for right-backs, especially with a future transfer set for 2nd season. Not shown but very important was managing to extend Sportiello's loan for a further season on the same terms, giving us more time to build the rest of the squad before we have to scrape together the funds for him. 

We ended up finishing 11th and going out on away goals in the cup to Napoli. So solid foundations to build on.

Second Season

Going into the 2nd transfer window I had a number of pre-set deals - Saponara, Biraghi and Zinfollino. Likewise Kalinic was already set to leave for £17.75m (sadly, as he scored over 20 goals for Milan so would have been worth far more). I also activated Laurini and Lo Faso's loan clauses due to good form.

5accb0e20ef6d_ScreenShot2018-04-10at13_33_42.thumb.png.bd6891ade3fcfd86bce631686ff4c4da.png

5accb0e65281c_ScreenShot2018-04-10at13_34_03.thumb.png.c1d6d52001709acc9aaba73ddf3ccb0c.png

Ironically soon after shipping out Carlos Sanchez in 1st season I tweaked my formation and suddenly found myself needing a reserve Segundo Volante to back up Benassi. Dragos Nedelcu was cheap, available and sorted in April to come in. Leo Dubois on a free was too good to pass up, I've had him for Lyon on the update and he always performs. Atalanta being relegated activated a £3.8m release clause for Toloi which was outstanding as German Pezzella had a ligament injury which meant he now has "recurring injuries" and also I didn't have £8m handy for him. At this point on 1st July I honestly thought that barring offloading a couple of reserves like Tomovic and possibly losing Badelj to China I was done. As with Sportiello the season before, I extended Gil Dias' loan for a further season (until 2020). He's on really low wages so even if I don't sign him he's good to have around. Then I went a bit mad...

The opportunity to sign Manuel Locatelli on loan came up, and I managed to get him on a two season loan with a £15m option. He's an outstanding prospect and also straight away one of my best players. This necessitated shipping out Badelj - for a fee on loan with a £17.75m mandatory future purchase. Then my scouts recommend me Gabriel Rojas who could be my left back for the next decade should I play that long. So now I'm forcing out Bruno Gaspar and Cristiano Biraghi who has only just joined - the former for a monthly fee with mandatory £2.5m purchase, the latter just getting his wages paid. Then my scouts inform me Mattia Caldara is transfer listed for £7.5m! Absolute bargain, one of the best CBs in the game...but he wants to play in the Champions League. So I set up a two year loan with £7.5m option which he accepts, but I put "offload Vitor Hugo" as a clause as I didn't have the money. And he would. Not. LEAVE! Eventually after almost a month of offering him out he goes...to Torino. Not only a rival, but also not freeing up an nEU slot for me to bring in Cholito's little brother Gianluca from River. Still, we have Caldara provided we don't go bust in two years! 

I know its an FM17 addition but can I just say that I absolutely love loan-to-buy deals on this game - they allow me to get value for my players by waiting a season or two to fully lose them when clubs are bidding low, whilst also getting them off the wage bill, and at the same time get the likes of Locatelli and Caldara in far cheaper than you would expect. Their two years with no recall also means I effectively am guaranteed 3 seasons with them if they do sign on as nobody will bid for them when they've just signed. 

To finish up, I took a hint from Cleon's post on pre-season and scheduled us to do a tour of nearby teams such as C.S. Lebowski in order to build match fitness, familiarity and morale, and our results: 11-0, 12-0, 4-0, 8-1, 13-0, 11-0, 14-0, 6-0 did the job. We've only played one competitive match and absolutely dominated Brescia in the cup with Rafael Toloi scoring the only goal of the game on his debut. Really looking forward to this season!

5ace3d728f7ca_Turinmadness.thumb.png.a17a5aecc4131c7645d659e6869a8d7f.png

If you're going to go out of the Coppa Italia to Juve it may as well be in absolutely insane style! 2 up in the first 4 minutes, only corrupt refs stopping it be 3-1 after 15, Higuain turning on "Messi mode" to rescue them (although a more apt comparison to the long-range shot he scored from open play would be one of Pirlo's finest curled free kicks).

5ace3e09cfcc0_ScreenShot2018-04-11at17_55_07.thumb.png.0dc466dab6ecc716f88d1ab260bc50c1.png

Defensive record was even better until I conceded 2 to each of Benevento and Chievo (yes, Benevento stayed up first season!) - Cristiano Piccini arrived seriously lacking in match fitness and so far has been abysmal. We won 8 on the bounce whilst conceding only two goals between 11th November and 30th December - not only better than the club record winning streak from 1958 but also better than their historic one now!

Babacar has 12 goals so far - one every 84.08 minutes, next closest is Higuain with 1/104.06. IMO some of the fans are already jumping on the bandwagon and calling him Babagol

"Cholito" Simeone continues to baffle - his traits include "doesn't enjoy big matches" yet he scored and assisted against Juventus, and scored in the other two "big matches" he played in (Milan and Napoli) for 6 goals in only 9 starts. We're not in continental competitions and Inter came in offering a loan fee, £16 million option and £21 million buyback - Giuseppe Rossi could probably have covered as Babacar's backup but I doubted he'd ever leave Inter for us given their financial might if he did sign.

Caldara has been signing of the season so far - one of the leakiest defences last year now has 11 clean sheets (Juve have 10 despite not losing anyone important) whilst he's also scored 4 (first goal against Juve!) for a 7.37 rating in 19. 

Moving to sign Sportiello permanently, Fellice D'Amico is coming on a free in summer, Rodrygo is here but can't be registered but one of him or Dusan Vlahovic (9 of Udinese's 26 goals) will add more depth up top next year if Rennes do bid for Babacar (they have a ton of money). As well as signing Cristiano Piccini to replace Vincente Laurini and get our homegrown players up, Bryan Cristante has replaced Cristoforo. 

We've got nothing but the league to focus on now, so I'm hoping we can make Champions League for next year in order to get the money needed to sign Caldara (£7.5m), Locatelli (£15m) and perhaps even surprise form player Gil Dias (£17.82m) in the next 18 months. 

What do you guys do about situations like this?

This is Cutrone's current contract.  It has been like this for two seasons now.

http://ShXVHqKS9aQa0s3vp5FT2zNcpDmhaX.png

Cutrone wants (and deserves) a new contract but is asking for this

http://BfRDooFK0p4JeGkKcZdp7keLIbGtbX.png

He has scored 56 goals in 72 games and has just been awarded top goalscorer

http://tNIegT7YxZQvaQguYwImjDLq3jLneU.png

What would you do?  Give him the new contract (which has been promised) and pay £900,000 per week plus increased addons or make him stay on £27k for a bit and saving the club loads of money?

Decisions decisions...

12 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

What do you guys do about situations like this?

This is Cutrone's current contract.  It has been like this for two seasons now.

http://ShXVHqKS9aQa0s3vp5FT2zNcpDmhaX.png

Cutrone wants (and deserves) a new contract but is asking for this

http://BfRDooFK0p4JeGkKcZdp7keLIbGtbX.png

He has scored 56 goals in 72 games and has just been awarded top goalscorer

http://tNIegT7YxZQvaQguYwImjDLq3jLneU.png

What would you do?  Give him the new contract (which has been promised) and pay £900,000 per week plus increased addons or make him stay on £27k for a bit and saving the club loads of money?

Decisions decisions...

Have you asked someone to talk to him? I do that with all the players who are more influential than him until one gets him to back down. If that doesn't work, I think chat to him and try "You're really influential but you can't get a new contract right now" (not exact words). Usually works. If you try that and it still doesn't work, then just pay the man, he's been outstanding. Maybe pay slightly more than what he's asking and stick in a 3 year extension option so you've got him on those wages for 8 years. Oh, and where are you getting £900k per week from? The screenshot shows £225k/week.

Also a quick update from mine:

5ace463e4c5d4_ScreenShot2018-04-11at18_27_10.thumb.png.b39cdc884809f1697cae0b1371175d22.png

Vengeance is mine! mwahaha! We had a goal disallowed inside 2 minutes, but still scored 3 with 4 shots! That's the league double over the gobbi 

Oh sorry I meant £900k per month!  I obviously cannot multiply 225 by 4!  Thanks for your advice I will try it.

I actually sold Bonucci to Chelsea but slept overnight on it (is that sad?)  He went in my second season in January for £36.5million.  Saved me £240k p/w and I thought that he might be hard to shift when he's 32/33.

53 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

As for contracts, I always try to go as low as possible with wages and add bonuses.

Goals, team of the year, top goalscorer, international cap, winning the CL and so on.

I do the opposite - slightly higher basic wage but the only non-wage things they get are loyalty bonus and agent fee. If the player performs well then you save money in the long run. 

About to start my second season with Roma. Huge shake up in the summer...

Out went Nainggolan, Strootman, Perotti, Dzeko, Peres and a lot of returning loan players.

In came Nicola Barella, Ruben Neves, Alex Telles, Felice D'Amico and wondered striker Lautaro Martinez. Also brought in Justin Kliuvert and Davide Calabria on loan.

Despite making the club a profit I am totally skint now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

@stevecummins78 your transfers are so much like mine haha Kluivert is out of my budget, Calabria likewise (he seems to be going to Bayern) but I've got deals in place for D'Amico and Lautaro Martinez (can't play him due to nEU status but he'll make a mint on loan then come into the team in a season or two), and have been looking at Barella, Neves (Wolves bolted on for relegation) and Telles (to replace my nEU left back so I can register Martinez, Rodrygo or Vlahovic).

I've got a proper title race on my hands here:

5ace9f7330f1a_Apropertitlerace.thumb.png.eae63052f2defb215ee0a0b53e204da6.png

EDIT: What a way to lose the title...Astori damaged his achilles tendon in March and in the end that was what did for us - Sportiello got 14 clean sheets in the league but only 1 of those came in the 11 games after Astori was injured. We conceded 18/40 goals for the season in that period too. But in spite of everything on the final day of the season we were 1 point ahead of Roma and ahead of Juve on head-to-head, so it was ours to lose...

5aceb6e7aa463_losetheleaguetoan89thminuteequaliser.thumb.png.08b36a3afb4faa7e17818cd1335aa5ab.png

Inter dropped off then killed us on the counter, Rafa Benitez killing hope everywhere just like his frenemy Mourinho...

I think what made it worse is with 3 games to go I thought it lost, but Juve got beat 5-2 by Torino in round 37, Belotti scoring 3 of his 4 goals for the season in that match, and I honestly thought that would be the decider. 

We should come back stronger next season given we're a young squad and all, but Il Capitano looks like he may be a spent force - his attributes are dropping rapidly, even ones like Tackling that you wouldn't expect to be affected. Dragos Nedelcu did his cruciate the game before Astori's injury too, and lost so much speed his best role is no longer Segundo Volante as that requires acceleration. 

Just finished my first season with Cagliari in a respectable 10th, the young North Korean Han has been a godsend scoring 23 goals in 35 games this despite being very inconsistent. Looking forward to how he will develop over the next few seasons. Other notable performances includes on loan striker Pavoletti who chipped in with 18 goals in 37 appearances and goalkeeper Cragno who despite letting in 65 goals over the season still managed to have an average rating of 6.75 and 7 clean sheets. The squad is still young and with added maturity should improve together. Only downside is the big clubs now seem to be sniffing around looking for bargains which is starting to distract.  

The team itself has also been awarded the best Serie A club by other teams which is not bad considering the likes of Inter, AC and Juve are in the same league

Amazingly Juventus have made Mattia Caldara available for only €4.8 million. Trouble is I have no money left at all so the only way I can get him is if I sell Federico Fazio, my most experienced defender.

That would leave me with Caldara/De Ligt as my first choice defenders, with Sarr and Nani as back up.

Do I do it?!

3 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Amazingly Juventus have made Mattia Caldara available for only €4.8 million. Trouble is I have no money left at all so the only way I can get him is if I sell Federico Fazio, my most experienced defender.

That would leave me with Caldara/De Ligt as my first choice defenders, with Sarr and Nani as back up.

Do I do it?!

do you have the money for a loan? They put him up for £7.5million on my save - I agreed a two year loan (with some monthly fees) and optional future fee of their asking price. Ended up cashing it so he'll join after 18 months just because he was in good form and Milan had given Locatelli (on a similar loan deal) a 4x wage increase which will make him harder to get, had to get in before Juve did the same. So if that's an option, do it. 

Good advice from Zlatanera but if not an option I would go for selling Fazio to fund Caldara.

Even if Fazio is better than Caldara now, it won’t take long for Caldara to overtake Fazio’s ability.

Caldara / de Ligt could be your partnership for years plus you have another home grown player.

Definitely go for Caldara. He and Rugani has been my center backs of choice the last 4 years and have won the league all those times and CL twice. He makes the occasional error, but he is definitely worth it!  Current worth is 55million EUR

8 hours ago, stevecummins78 said:

Do I do it?!

I bought Caldara for £7million

http://wdCFmvEhAXtOOfjqRGfcbund8UQ9k5.png

He's now worth £29.5million in just a year.

http://loQlUsEa1ktr6cgEoK0qpvN8dqafFH.png

Thanks for encouragement, I did the deal. I sold Fazio to Torino for €10m, releasing the €4m the Board then gave me to sign Caldara. 

He’s been given the #13 shirt (the new Nesta?!) and will play on the left of De Ligt. These two should be our defence for the next 6-7 years.

Totally overhauled Roma in the three transfer windows so far. Only eight players (Allison, Karsdorp, Pellegrini, Kolorov, Schick, De Rossi, Under, and Florenzi) remain from the original first team squad. I have signed 13 players and promoted five from U20s in that time.

It is my squad now, no doubt about that. Forza Roma!

@stevecummins78 Luca Pellegrini didn't develop well in my Roma game, even though he got more game in the first 3 seasons than Emerson. His stats look decent at the start of the game, but he just didn't develop unfortunately. In my 8th season he is playing for Pescara after being sold for 4mil, and they are still bouncing between serie a and serie b... so not playing a top level :/

Eros De Santis is Serie B standard.

5ad0f4486b1c1_ScreenShot2018-04-13at19_16_29.thumb.png.8cdb1b53883988c74c4119bf33235cf4.png

Clearly I have angered the fixture gods. We usually have a half-full stadium - not good for TV. Serie A and UEFA have teamed up to tank both my prospects of progressing in the CL and qualifying again this year. 17 days are effectively going to make or break my season. Then even if I do make it out of my CL group (or even into the Europa League) those same 4 domestic fixtures are late March - early April i.e. when knockout rounds get tasty. Not looking forward to this...

1 hour ago, FMbeginner said:

@stevecummins78 Luca Pellegrini didn't develop well in my Roma game, even though he got more game in the first 3 seasons than Emerson. His stats look decent at the start of the game, but he just didn't develop unfortunately. In my 8th season he is playing for Pescara after being sold for 4mil, and they are still bouncing between serie a and serie b... so not playing a top level :/

Eros De Santis is Serie B standard.

That’s a shame, I really liked the idea of having two home grown full backs coming through

5ad1080b83eb0_ScreenShot2018-04-13at20_41_51.thumb.png.e987d448322825d6ffa5689f7d36a0dd.png

Well, that could have been worse! We missed penalties against Atletico (H) and Roma which would have made things a lot rosier. Considering we played this guy for 90 minutes against Roma due to injuries:

5ad108121a7b3_ScreenShot2018-04-13at20_01_49.thumb.png.7d9df71705615d7368c9d88f725aa05e.png

And a mis-click meant this guy was my Regista against Juventus when it was only 2-1 and they were in the ascendancy:

5ad1080fb4f7b_ScreenShot2018-04-13at20_01_36.thumb.png.4b94543d95aec4ac1adb930203c9335e.png

It could have gone a lot, lot worse.

I'm thinking of building a specific tactic for playing against Napoli as ever since Peter Stöger took over they've put 6 past us with only 2 in reply.

Also:

5ad10814bbaeb_ScreenShot2018-04-13at20_25_04.thumb.png.d002cd4620f069140fce140073673a25.png

"LOOK AT ME NOW DAD!" - Simeone, G., 5th November 2019

On 4/11/2018 at 23:05, stevecummins78 said:

About to start my second season with Roma. Huge shake up in the summer...

Out went Nainggolan, Strootman, Perotti, Dzeko, Peres and a lot of returning loan players.

In came Nicola Barella, Ruben Neves, Alex Telles, Felice D'Amico and wondered striker Lautaro Martinez. Also brought in Justin Kliuvert and Davide Calabria on loan.

Despite making the club a profit I am totally skint now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Barella is a monster. Radja's replacement for certain.

I seem to get so many yellow cards from my WBs as well as CM.  I rarely take them off even though I know I should (5 more minutes and I will...5 more minutes and I will..) and inevitably one gets given his marching orders.

Have to say I'm SO excited signing Kessie permanently after this two year loan deal.  He's been amazing for me.  More of an influence than anyone else in my team.  I'm lucky that in two seasons Dunnarumma has never picked up even the slightest injury! Fingers crossed it continues!

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Guys would you keep Audero as 2nd GK or would you buy someone better? I am starting the second season and ss first I have Szczesny 

Yeah, I think he's definitely good enough for second. He played for me for a few stretches when I had nobody else and he did the job.

So (after a bit of a break), I've finished season 4 and heading in to 5. Been a crazy transfer window, as I'm restructuring the squad

e3183837aadfca045ae583efe16295ca.png

This is my rough first XI

80aecd5f33ad0534ad98c9c64508eb26.png

2 minuti fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

Yeah, I think he's definitely good enough for second. He played for me for a few stretches when I had nobody else and he did the job.

So (after a bit of a break), I've finished season 4 and heading in to 5. Been a crazy transfer window, as I'm restructuring the squad

e3183837aadfca045ae583efe16295ca.png

This is my rough first XI

80aecd5f33ad0534ad98c9c64508eb26.png

Thanks for the suggestion :) How Berge and Rodrygo are performing?

49 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Woah is Neves really that good in FM to part with £38m?

Im confused as i was on about Nicolo Barella, but i will answer... YES Neves is that good. i signed him in my Liverpool save for 30million and sold him 3 seasons later for 70.

Archived