FM18 Conference National/North/South General Thread

QSF25

Mark Mckee ST 7.71 AV R on loan from Mansfield has scored 25 in 24 games with 8 assists. 

Bradley Garton M(C) 7.68 AV R free transfer 2 goals in 20 games with 7 assists. 

Ryan Broom M/AM(R) 7.61 AV R on loan from Bristol Rovers 8 goals in 20 games with 10 assists.

Downloaded the lower leagues database enabling you to manage teams below the North/South and started a save with King's Lynn. Managed to win the league on the last day at the first attempt and Fraser Murdoch was a very good signing, netting 38 goals in 45 league games.

Been promoted and been placed in the Vanarama North, but struggling for signings that are either keen to sign / I can afford to sign and are good enough. Any suggestions? I need pretty much every position - in particular a GK, LB, CB, CM, LM & RM

1 hour ago, Lawly Boi said:

Downloaded the lower leagues database enabling you to manage teams below the North/South and started a save with King's Lynn. Managed to win the league on the last day at the first attempt and Fraser Murdoch was a very good signing, netting 38 goals in 45 league games.

Been promoted and been placed in the Vanarama North, but struggling for signings that are either keen to sign / I can afford to sign and are good enough. Any suggestions? I need pretty much every position - in particular a GK, LB, CB, CM, LM & RM

Where did you download the lower leagues database from?

Unfortunately after the excitement of the playoff final and promotion, we got trounced 1-4 by Aldershot in the FA Trophy final.

Still, a successful season by any means. After protracted negotiations throughout the second half of the season I was able to tie down midfield dynamo Rob Ramshaw for another two seasons, along with his midfield mate Jamie Chandler (the two combined for 28 goals and 19 assists as a central midfield partnership), giving me a good platform to tackle the Conference.

Sadly the same can't be said for Bradley Fewster - his FA Trophy final goal gave him 37 for the season, with L2 winners Luton looking his likely destination. He has no interest in renewing and I can't really blame him.

Hey guys,

anybody got any recommendations for decent scouts at this lvl? Currently FC United and finished top 1st session but going to need progression if I’m gonna compete in the conference. Scout tips would be amazing. 

Screenshots of my current squad and their performance so far to date. Some amazing stats I’m sure you’d agree.

Special mention to Tom Walker who I couldn’t tie down to a contract and left to join Lincoln. What a player and a great free transfer for anyone able to try and get hold of him..

75B0FA2B-C328-4E88-A4A8-AD7587E8BE05.png

467EF19E-FF88-423E-A458-1FDC95E712E7.png

12B5248F-48A7-43D5-BB22-42479D6DDB62.png

A nerve-wracking season saw Darlington win promotion via the play-offs. We led the league for most of the season, but the players rather bottled it in the final month with a home defeat and series of disappointing draws meaning we surrendered top spot to Salford. Home advantage worked in our favour for the play-offs, and we beat FC United 1-0, and then a more convincing 3-1 against Boston in the final.

The squad will need major rebuilding for the challenge ahead!

2017-12-06.thumb.png.6e0e9147d5d090a4a2f99a458e619973.png

5a27f9626d8aa_2017-12-06(1).thumb.png.be200dd071b0672702f4cffb3e32bd26.png

On 12/7/2017 at 10:57, headshothitman said:

Has anybody been playing with North Ferriby? Expected to finish in bottom but I read they have the highest wage/transfer budget in the Conference North. Seems a nice challenge...

i have completed a season with north ferriby. The problem is that its really struggle bringing players in as no one wants to come. i relyed on liam edwards and tom powell both from hull on loan and when their contracts ended neither would sign.

For those playing in the North/South, a few more handy players at the start:

Ryheem Sheckleford - former Fulham youth right back, available on a free and great for attacking formations

Danny Racchi - a well known lower league playmaker, available on a free

Rene Steer - a good left back who is listed by Maidenhead at the start, can purchase or loan

Shaquille Hunter - wide attacker able to play on both flanks, has 16/16 for pace/acceleration

Echoing the shouts for Kayne Diedrick-Roberts. Picked him up on a free for my Solihull Moors team. 1st season he kept us in the Vanarama National, second season he got me promoted and third season he's helping us keep our heads above water in league two.

Another gem I found was Emil Jacobson on loan from Derby - fantastic target man and works well with KDR

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a young Goal Keeper for the future (18), I can recommend Oliver Price. While he is currently only a one star his potential is 3.5 to 4.5 stars.

Reflexes, Handling of 13 and Decisions of 12. So a man for the future I hope.

Although I am still looking for an amazing Assistant and Coaches for Wrexham in Vanarama National League.

Price.jpg

Just found this thread and it’s been very helpful to my curzon ashton save! 

Expected to avoid relegation at start of the season but with the squad they have I said mid table. 

Made sam Madeley my highest paid player, he deserves it though so far 13 goals and 7 assists in 17 appearances.

my season has started well exactly where I’d thought be 6 points of playoffs. But some of the scorelines I’ve been having have been be crazy, anyone else seem to concede quite a few goals in this league? 

I’m at the end of November with Truro in Vanarama South but top of the league with Fuss’s tactic. Signed a young 16 year old striker called Mick Brooks who has 20 goals already in 19 games but I do have a large database.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about starting a new game in either the Conference North or South but not sure who to go, thinking about either Blyth Spartans, Spennymoor from the North or Hampton & Richmond, Havant & Waterlooville from the South .  Not sure why i'm thinking one of they teams but any others people would recommend?

On 12/7/2017 at 02:28, Mark Loves Erica said:

hi guys im doing a sligo rovers save and am following this thread for help with players and staff does anybody have any ideas on loans for gk,cb(L),aml,st and an assistant manager cause i carnt find that gorden ewen somebody mentions

Its Gordon Ewen, that's why! I couldn't find him either until I changed spelling...   Even then he wouldn't sign for my FC United side.

7 hours ago, fraz86 said:

Thinking about starting a new game in either the Conference North or South but not sure who to go, thinking about either Blyth Spartans, Spennymoor from the North or Hampton & Richmond, Havant & Waterlooville from the South .  Not sure why i'm thinking one of they teams but any others people would recommend?

I would recommend a Harrogate Town save, don't seem to see many doing them and I am about to start one myself aswell

• 1 month later...

I signed Harry Panyiouto (sp?) on loan from Barrow for Bradford PA and he was a revelation in VNN first season unfortunately neither he or anyone else would sign for me so I left after finishing 8th saving the club from relegation.

Both Hartlepool and Chesterfield rejected me in VNL second season and then the York City job came up 10th in VNN £500k in the red and £4K p/w over wage budget! Will need some luck with these!

On 11/7/2017 at 23:20, chucklehead said:

I've got a Stockport County save going, here are some stand out performers:

Lionel Stone, well known free transfer from last year. Still unattached, is performing well for me again.

Sameron Dool, another free transfer. Can play striker or right wing

Sam Berry, again a free transfer. Centre back

I've also got some great loan players for no contribution:

Cameron Healey from Mansfield

Jake Evans from Swindon

George Hughes from Shrewsbury

Ellis Hudson from Bradford

Josh Gregory from Wigan

If you can get him, Robbie McKenzie from Hull. I had him on loan in an 18.02 save but after the update, Hull won't loan him to me

I'm doing a similar save rarely get a promotion with The Hatters :(

Archived