Google Map 3D Stadium Background Pack

VP.

I've put together a pack using Google Maps to collect the pictures, obviously not all of the world is covered by the 3D option but the vast majority of stadiums are. If I couldn't use the 3D i used 2D but if the quality was poor i would have to revert to photo pictures. The pack includes a stadium picture for every playable side in FM2017, so still a couple that need to be added for the current version.

I hope you appreciate the time this took to put together and obviously the pack really is a one of a kind due to me making a lot of the backgrounds using Google Map 3D.

Here's a couple of examples.

e0FIy4f.jpg

O5OoeKI.jpg

rStAv8q.jpg

IGNLyh3.jpg

ZQKnorV.jpg

oKbQCTJ.jpg

1VzF8lY.jpg

Ocq1ZYp.jpg

IN3VsGo.jpg

rd3DlDn.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't seem to get this to work. Downloaded pack and added it to graphics/backgrounds folder (which I had to create), but despite reloading skin and clearing the cache, it's still the default backgrounds. Clearly I'm doing something majorly wrong :lol:

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can't seem to get this to work. Downloaded pack and added it to graphics/backgrounds folder (which I had to create), but despite reloading skin and clearing the cache, it's still the default backgrounds. Clearly I'm doing something majorly wrong :lol:

It does not work with the dark skin.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sighs, every Scottish league ground in the game....

...apart from Stirling Albion, the team I support and who I may be doing a long term save with. What are the chances eh?

Easy to add it.

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Sighs, every Scottish league ground in the game....

...apart from Stirling Albion, the team I support and who I may be doing a long term save with. What are the chances eh?

That's strange as just checked the pack and they are in it, providing their ID number is still 1599. Its not a 3D picture though as most of Scotland wasn't covered by in Google Maps.

EDIT: I've not at home so can't check the game my end.

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

1 minute ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

That's strange as just checked the pack and they are in it, providing their ID number is still 1599. Its not a 3D picture though as most of Scotland wasn't covered by in Google Maps.

Yeah, same ID. It's just the stock stadium image when you are on their profile. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yeah, same ID. It's just the stock stadium image when you are on their profile. 

Personally I'd try another pic of the stadium as I've had problems in the past of photo's not showing in game, or try renaming the current pic to 1599.png rather than .jpg as this has worked in the past for me. Failing that just download a new picture and name it 1599 and overwrite the current one. Clear cache and reload skin and all should work.

17 hours ago, Michael Osmann said:

Where shall I extract the file?

Needs to go into your FM directory in My Documents, so - C:\Users\Name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\graphics

1 hour ago, gavo01 said:

Are you sure?

The OP's screenshots don't half look like FM18. 

Yeah they work fine on FM2018, though not with the dark skin currently.  @wkdsoul screenshots are from FM17 though.

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ryan045 said:

These are nice, Got them downloading now. Would anyone mind posting the Anfield one to see what that's like? :)

This is the picture i made, can't show you in game as currently at work.

676.jpg

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

15 hours ago, cromscott said:

Do these show up in the background  instead of the 3-d pitch when you play a game?

Just on all team screens, they are set to show on matchdays but the game doesn't currently allow this.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Anthony Michael Hall said:

Excellent work mate, these are fantastic. One small issue though you have the Docklands Stadium (Etihad, Telstra Dome) picture for Melbourne Rectangle Stadium (AAMI Park). The picture you have assigned to Melbourne City is the rectangle stadium with the Tennis Centre and MCG in the background..

Thanks for that, I'll change it for the next update. But just to confirm Melbourne City should have the Etihad, Telstra Dome?

20 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Thanks for that, I'll change it for the next update. But just to confirm Melbourne City should have the Etihad, Telstra Dome?

No worries mate. Melbourne City has the correct background (Rectangle Stadium) its just that the Rectangle Stadium/AAMI Park has the Etihad pic assigned to it. Melb Victory you could go either way as they play around half their games at Rectangle/AAMI and half at Etihad/Docklands/Dome but the DB does have their home ground set as Rectangle/AAMI.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb wkdsoul:

Guide in the sticky threads for this

TY but stop. I need no guide to change xml-files.

Maybe my first post was little bit unclear. It seems im the only one with the problem and i´m using the default skin. So where is the error?

Edited by Conardo

5 minutes ago, Conardo said:

TY but stop. I need no guide to change xml-files.

Maybe my first post was little bit unclear. It seems im the only one with the problem and i´m using the default skin. So where is the error?

Are you using the dark version or the normal default? 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb wkdsoul:

Are you using the dark version or the normal default? 

... if i using the dark version, i couldn´t see anything. Normal default. With other skins (Flut, etc) the transpereny it is equal bad (too high).  It looks like the very first pic here in the thread, but transperancy is even worse.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2018 at 22:00, Loftus W12 said:

If I download this, will it overwrite the current backgrounds pack I have? Or should I delete the current pack first?

No need to delete them (unless you're not gonna use them again) but it is best to move them out of your FM directory to stop any conflicting. Then clear cache and reload skin in preferences.

8 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

No need to delete them (unless you're not gonna use them again) but it is best to move them out of your FM directory to stop any conflicting. Then clear cache and reload skin in preferences.

Thanks. Excellent work. ;)

11 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Sorry to be a pain, but with the updated files what folders do I put them into, the main complete pack file?  I have the complete pack folder in the backgrounds folder not graphics and it works fine. Having just re read that I am not sure you will get what I mean haha, so do I put files into sports interactive, then into football manager, then into backgrounds, then into complete pack file, or leave out the last step and just leave them in backgrounds. clear cache and reload skin. sorry if I ask stupid questions haha.

Edited by Loftus W12

8 hours ago, Loftus W12 said:

Sorry to be a pain, but with the updated files what folders do I put them into, the main complete pack file?  I have the complete pack folder in the backgrounds folder not graphics and it works fine. Having just re read that I am not sure you will get what I mean haha, so do I put files into sports interactive, then into football manager, then into backgrounds, then into complete pack file, or leave out the last step and just leave them in backgrounds. clear cache and reload skin. sorry if I ask stupid questions haha.

Yeah if you are using the update packs then place them into the complete pack folder. But no need to download all the update packs if you have the complete pack as that should include them.

On 05/10/2018 at 08:49, SortitoutsiVP said:

Yeah if you are using the update packs then place them into the complete pack folder. But no need to download all the update packs if you have the complete pack as that should include them.

Thanks. I will need to use update packs, as I had a look to see if I had MLS clubs, and the pictures were not there for them,  or the Malta or Japanese teams you posted above. Thanks for the advice, love the work, any chance of giving us Wembley for England in the future and all other countries that have a national stadium, Don;t think there are many as most countries do the right thing and take the team to the people. Scotland and France are only the other two I can think of in Europe off the top of my head who use a national stadium. :)