[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argh!  Man those transfers are frustrating, maybe ease off the facility upgrades and just save up the cash to turn pro?  It might mean a bit slower progress at the start, but if you're going to lose all the best ones anyway then maybe it doesn't make much difference.

I've got the same problem, but the most I've lost in one season is 3 - you've got a ****** deal!

6 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Man you really got to get professional. 

Tell me about it! :( Unfortunately, I think we're a long way away from Professional status. Just going to have to manage as best we can while we get the funds needed to do it.

4 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

My God. It's a massacre.

This is worse than the Bowling Green Massacre :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

I also have my saves on a 2 week rolling save just in case of crashes, although I never do (touch wood).

Sammarinese players seriously don't want to to make it big do they?! accepting lower wages at other clubs

I keep it on autosave every three months, just to keep things faster. I try to save it after every big event, though.

2 hours ago, mjaferrie said:

Argh!  Man those transfers are frustrating, maybe ease off the facility upgrades and just save up the cash to turn pro?  It might mean a bit slower progress at the start, but if you're going to lose all the best ones anyway then maybe it doesn't make much difference.

I've got the same problem, but the most I've lost in one season is 3 - you've got a ****** deal!

Aye, that's what we've been doing so far. No facility upgrades - not much point having better facilities if: your players aren't training full time anyway, and if all the good ones end up leaving. We just need to make Europe more frequently to bring in the big bucks.

Youth Intake Day!

2aee68f47c4f4755488ce316919927cd.png

0b947237b9e4dd5c0ad8056150e73336.png

We really didn't need a GK, but I guess you can't complain about getting a 5* CA player at any position. Needs some tutoring, though.

c42339e06499c5ff3757a822f45049af.png

He looks like a very decent winger.

af9917845536213b39b2cc06308c39b0.png

He's not too shabby, either.

1e5802ec2af99af8e73f5326a726d15e.png

A two footed, 6'4 CM with decent stats. I like. Another awful personality though.

ac039a9db043c827134c9ee5622840d1.png

He looks fairly decent.

147931356c2194688420858a6d89a849.png

As does he.

45af6265979c93f90358a8e124f3e4d7.png

I like his physicals.

Season Review!

League

I've never been this happy to win the league. We won our first playoff game but then got battered 4-1 in the second, with the snake Michele Nanni (YP25d) scoring twice. We then went on to beat Domagnano and Virtus, before getting revenge over Tre Fiori in the Minor Semi Final - after the snake got sent off for a two footed tackle! We then pulled off a 2-0 win over Tre Penne in the final, and the title was ours.

Cup

Oh well.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Linfield in the CL First Qualifying Round. Virtus lost 5-0 to AGF from Denmark and Tre Penne lost 6-0 to Cliftonville from Northern Ireland in the EL First Qualifying Round.

Next yearBring on Europe!

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

It'll all be worth it in a few seasons when you're pro, and are mudstomping them all over and over again.

We're going to crush them, bitterly and repeatedly until they're lying in the ground.

1 hour ago, Keano16 said:

"Cracked"! Get it? I'll show myself out.....

Yes. You will.

:lol: 

Great league win, although Tre Penne dominated throughout, that's the beauty (or not) of the playoffs.

Seeing all the players you are losing isn't making me want to turn semi-pro, as currently I only lose the odd player to a semi-pro team and not to any other amateur teams :rolleyes:

Nice league victory against Tre Fiori and probably your second CL appearance against TNS.

The next thing is that being semi-pro would be a good goal, but since it's a different challenge, I hope you need more money to them, so that no one will leave the team for another one. Soon, you might be in good shape.

4 hours ago, clarkehwbu said:

Great league win, although Tre Penne dominated throughout, that's the beauty (or not) of the playoffs.

Seeing all the players you are losing isn't making me want to turn semi-pro, as currently I only lose the odd player to a semi-pro team and not to any other amateur teams :rolleyes:

Interesting - @Cardiovascular isn't semi-pro yet, but that's not stopping teams from absolutely ransacking him :lol: 

4 hours ago, Duroliponte said:

Quiet day at work (at least, I've decided it is) so I've just read through the whole thread. You're doing really well just to hang in there, I tried youth-only in Finland and I had to take a break after the loss of about five key players over three seasons. I suspect the real breakthrough for San Giovanni is imminent though!

Thanks Duroli!

3 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Not if you're looking for efficiency. One pass, one touch, one goal :lol:

Or, more accurately:

One pass, one terrible touch, one lost ball, one counter attack, one goal conceded.

Youth Intake Day!

00ee28632bc8189259fa6fc77d82c91d.png

ba050d55ad8f82b81ff710ba29ab254a.png

Canti is a top player. Those mentals are off the charts for a 16 year old kid from San Marino. Hopefully we can hang onto him...

04c149f1972741db7dac7b19531ee499.png

Tomassoni has pace, and lots of it. There could be a player in there somewhere.

55e9d734023e9e6d643723eb96bd4152.png

Likewise.

352e837ebcd6311bad4623945b9209ce.png

Another winger!

9 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Give him the f****** world!!

That's the plan!

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Canti, :eek:

I know! :D 

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

Canti! What a great player! Did he sign?!

He's ours for now, but the chances are other Sammarinese teams will be in to steal him away as soon as the next transfer window opens. I don't like our chances of holding onto him for long :( 

1 hour ago, akura said:

Be more positive ! and I've just read the entire thing, brilliant read, always love a long youth/smaller club challenges and this one is no different to the others you attempted,  very enjoyable.

Thanks Akura! Glad to have you on board.

2 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Rule one of football management: Lose graciously.

d9bf7818139b06143eadf61aac1e288a.png

The public will want to hear a proper answer from you. Michele Nanni (YP25d) continued his fantastic record of scoring against your team by netting once again today.  Why do you find it so hard to stop him?

Archived