Rate the last 5 FMs

As I see it, FM is a game that consistently and steadily improves year on year; ergo, FM17 is the best iteration of the series yet for me.

There's no point in giving them arbitrary scores from 1-5, because even the 'worst' game of the last 5 years - FM13 - is still excellent. Indeed, it's my favourite version of FM (so far - FM17 could well overtake it in the future), and I still play it!

Hmm, the old steam store gives some interesting feedback. 2017 has a metacritic score of 80, yet 2016, which by many accounts was god awful, got an 81. 

2017 is really getting mixed reviews, not all the bad ones seem to be coming 'newbies' either. Read through a few pages of feedback, quite a few 100+ hour game time negative reviews.

Not saying these reviews are gospel, but as a consumer it makes me a little hesitant to buy it. It is also A$60, which is pricey for a digital copy. 

There is a saying that "familiarity breeds contempt." Football manager has been around for some time now, meaning some of us older guys are getting quite 'familiar' with game.

I love FM, but it would break my spirit somewhat to buy 2017, and find the same niggling little flaws and bugs in it that were present in older versions. 

2014- the only version, apart from 2009 (which I give a 4 by the way), that I own- 3 out of 5. (with 5 requiring absolute perfection, which is impossible, so 4.99 is rationally the highest score). 

Archived