FM17: Argentinian League

bestbrother

Asociacioacuten_del_Fuacutetbol_Argentin

Introduction

First off ill pop in some disclaimers, I am an Englishman with a fascination (even fetish) with the Argentinian game and South American football in general. I will try to pass on as much information as I can, however bare with me as there will be those out there with more knowledge than me and hopefully they can chip in if needed. I may also chuck in the odd Spanish term, however as I dont speak the language... it could end up a bit of a mess :D

Competitions

Lets start with the basics, Argentinian domestic football consists of:
Primera Division (Top Division)
Primera B Nacional (2nd Division)
Copa Argentina (Domestic Cup)
Supercopa Argentina (Domestic Super Cup)

From there you have potential to qualify for the following Continental/International competitions:
Copa Libertadores (eq. to Champions League)
Copa Sudamericana (eq. to Europa League)
Recopa Sudamericana (eq. to European Super Cup)
FIFA World Club Cup
*Note I have included the brackets just to simplify things and make them more accessible.

primera_zpsjcqy2n3b.png
Primera Division
When starting in 2016 the league will consist of 30 teams. Each team will play each other once + there will be an extra game which is a 2nd Clasico, giving a total 30 games. Everything else is standard fare except relegation.... this is a bit of a hornets nest.

Relegation in Argentina is based on an Average Points system. Teams have their points totalled over 3 years and then divided by the total number of games they have played in that period. The game tracks all this for you an has the table laid out in a nice format to follow. This format does allow for you to have the odd bad season, even finish last in the table... however a regular occurrence will soon catchup with you.

In the first season 4 teams will go down as the league reduces to 28 teams. I am unsure if this continues in the game to follow the current format, where by the 2018/19 season only 24 teams will compete in the top flight.

primerab_zpsxffrvjfl.png
Primera B Nacional
For the 2016 23 teams (I am unsure if this will change) will compete in this division, playing each other twice for a total of 44 games. 2 can get promoted and that is likely to be the case as the game progresses (with the Primera Division reducing in size). Relegation is also based on the Average Points system, however the 3rd tier is not included in the game and as such, relegation should be avoided where possible ;)

copaarg_zpsiwmhltpt.png
Copa Argentina
This is your standard cup competition with non-playable teams included. Top flight teams enter at the round of 64, playing straight knockout until the Final.

Supercopa%20Argentina%20512x512%20PESLog
Supercopa Argentina
Primera Division Winners vs Copa Argentina Winners

Copa_Bridgestone_Libertadores_zpsiyb7klw
Copa Libertadores
Argentina is a traditional powerhouse in South America and its teams have fared extremely well in the competition and actually have the most accumulative wins with 24. Independiente are the most successful team in South America with 7 wins, including 4 on the trot in the 70s. Boca Juniors have won 6, Estudiantes 4 and River Plate 3. Racing, Argentinos Juniors, Velez Sarsfield and San Lorenzo have also had their name etched on the famous old trophy.

Recently San Lorenzo (2014) and River Plate (2015) broke the stranglehold from Brazilian teams in winning the competition, however 2016 saw the first Final that didnt feature a team from either Argentina or Brazil since 1991.

There will be 6 places up for grabs for you to qualify for this competition via the domestic game, the top 5 in the league and the Copa Argentina winners. You will also go into this competition should you win either that or the Sudamericana in a previous year.

Copa_Sudamericana_logo_2015_zpsmen2t06p.
Copa Sudamericana
This is the Libertadores little brother and is essentially the continents Europa League. Like the Libertadores it is going over a revamp for 2017 and will include 10 teams from the Libertadores as it expands to 54 teams. It will also now exempt teams from qualifying for both competitions in the same calendar year.

The competition in its current format is only 15 years old, forming in 2002 and going from strength to strength. Once again Argentina is the most successful nation, winning 7 of the 15 titles as Boca Juniors are the only team to win the competition twice. Alongside your more traditional winners such as River Plate, San Lorenzo and Independiente, smaller sides in Arsenal de Sarandi and Lanus have tasted success here.

Again you will have 6 places to play for here, the general rule will be teams placing 6th to 11th, however it may change depending on other competition outcomes.

Recopa_Sudamericana_zpsrs8ibcow.png
Recopa Sudamericana
Copa Libertadores Winners vs Copa Sudamericana Winners

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Points of Interest

Clasico'
Now most people would relate this to Boca Juniors vs River Plate and the Superclasico. Its probably the most well known of them all, however there are plenty of Clasico matchups in Argentina, all as fierce and a major part of your life when managing there.

I will list the major ones here:

Superclasico
Boca Juniors vs River Plate

Clasico de Avellaneda
Independiente vs Racing

Clasico Rosarino
Rosario Central vs Newells Old Boys

Clasico Platense
Estudiantes LP vs Gimnasia LP

Clasico Santafesino
Colon vs Union

Clasico (with no name)
San Lorenzo vs Huracan

Clasico Cordobes
Belgrano vs Talleres

There are plenty of sidelines to note in terms of rivalries in Argentina, this wiki page is helpful should you wish to look into more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_rivalries_in_Argentina

Cinco Grandes
This is the term used for the big 5 teams in Argentinian football. Boca Juniors, River Plate, Independiente, Racing Club and San Lorenzo are believed to hold over 80% of the fanbase in Argentina and all 5 are based in Greater Buenos Aries. They have all had varying degrees of success both domestically and on the continent.

Domestically River Plate have won the most titles with 36, followed by Boca Juniors and 31. Racing (17), Independiente (16) and San Lorenzo (15) combine to make up the majority of titles won in Argentina.

On the continent Independiente hold the honour of the most Libertadores wins with 7, however all 5 teams have tasted success on the biggest stage with San Lorenzo the last team to achieve this in 2014.

Teams

At this point I will state that I wont be going into huge detail on the teams squads or financial situation etc. I would like to think that this is part of the journey and discovery that all would be managers will enjoy. I will however make a couple of sweeping/generic statements:

• Financially it will be tough. Income can be generated from solid attendances and the obvious forays into the Continental competitions. However your main source is likely to come from player sales, which leads us into..
  • Youth teams. A lot of the clubs have decent enough setups to generate good players. The bigger clubs obviously hold the aces, but with it being Argentina, there will be plenty of gems coming through into the game for you to mould and develop.
  • Competitive balance. It may be unusual to win the league one year and do nothing the next, however that is part and parcel of life here. One of the reasons is the amount of good teams that can compete, it is a deep league and there are plenty of teams capable of challenging. Another is the turnover of players, you may get lucky in being able to keep your squad together... but in general you will have to sell to survive or placate. Finally the new Libertadores format which lasts all year, will cross 2 of your Argentine seasons, starting in one and finishing in another and will prove to be another obstacle in your path.

Nice post!! Love Arg football irl and in FM. 

I'm an English 'socio' of Belgrano and go to every home game. Hoping this year I can match my FM15 save in which Dybala and Franco Vazquez lead us to Club World Cup glory!! It's a very interesting set up to play in, with 7-8 teams having a realistic shot at the title in FM.  

Just make sure you don't lose too many games .... or the barra will be paying you a visit at the training ground ;). 

PS:  Clasico Cordobes is back now in Primera with Talleres' recent promotion. Worth adding!! 

14 hours ago, ncfcluke said:

Nice post!! Love Arg football irl and in FM. 

I'm an English 'socio' of Belgrano and go to every home game. Hoping this year I can match my FM15 save in which Dybala and Franco Vazquez lead us to Club World Cup glory!! It's a very interesting set up to play in, with 7-8 teams having a realistic shot at the title in FM.  

Just make sure you don't lose too many games .... or the barra will be paying you a visit at the training ground ;). 

PS:  Clasico Cordobes is back now in Primera with Talleres' recent promotion. Worth adding!! 

Quality, that must be amazing, ive not watched much of Belgrano on Futbol Para Todos, but I think I will now! As you say, its a great league, one of the gems in both the game and world football.

Thanks for reminding me about the Cordoba Clasico, its on my notepad but somehow missed it off!

Feel free to add anything to help the thread, the more input the better :thup:

Preview (2017 Copa Libertadores Teams)

lib1_zpsmsicybmh.png

lib2_zpsdzirnbje.png

Please note that the player mentions are of my own opinion and may not represent the best players at each club.

* Independiente will qualify for the 2017 Copa Libertadores should one of the teams already qualified win the 2016 Copa Argentina. When you start your game, this competition will be in progress and as such is a variable at this stage.

*The 2016 Copa Sudamericana will schedule to start during your first season, this will take the correct teams as qualified IRL.

Thanks for the post.

Just started my first ever Argentinian League save with Independiente . Want to return them to Copa Libertadores glory!

Think it will be a good league to try and see how different tactics work in the game too.

Just a little note in case anyone is looking at a full career here that will lead them into the release version. The Average points tables are incorrect in Primera and Primera B Nacional. This has a fair impact and may or may not bother you, however its something to be aware of. Ive posted in the bugs forum for SI and they are kindly looking into this, so hopefully a fix can be put into place.

Looking forward to contributing to this thread.

Once the game is released and I am fully happy that it is robust, and I have added all necessary graphics, my first save will be in Argentina - long planned a game here and have been intrigued by the league format.

On preliminary research, I am gravitating towards either Rosario Central or Atletico Tucuman; taking one of the provincial clubs and becoming a regular threat to the traditional powerbase of Buenos Aires. Or, possibly, Argentinos Juniors in the 2nd division with its historical links to Diego Maradona adding a bit of flavour and the fact they are one of the lesser clubs in Buenos Aires.

For any regular Argentine league players, how do you tend to approach setting up the game? I like to be as immersive as possible and tend to push the recommended player limit on setup. For me, loading all key South American leagues has to be a must, for the sake of Continental competition, in addition to the Central Americas to give even more options for signing players.

Nice one mate, look forward to your input :thup:

As for my setup, I'm similar in that I run all South American leagues in full as well as Mexico, as that impacts the Copa Libertadores. I also have the top flights of England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany running as I feel that gives the transfer market a bit more oomph, in terms of European teams picking up players.

Then on the database side its Large, the in regions I max out all the selections for South America and then I have Europe with a few selections so in total it is circa 80K players.

I'm also thinking about Rosario, had a go with them on 15 but that was ruined by the Libertadores glitch. Argentinos will be interesting to try and rebuild as well.

Part of me wants to and will probably have a good go with Boca at some point as well, its a passion I have to fulfil!

I am beginning to sway towards Argentinos Juniors. Longer road to the top echelon (albeit rated the no.1 team in the Primera B Nacional) and they have some really promising young players that would enhance a push towards homegrown personnel. The Maradona connections are also irrestistible.

@davehibb - if you'd like something more in-depth, might be worthwhile looking at the recently released 'Angels with dirty faces; the footballing history of Argentina' by Jonathan Wilson. To me Jonathan Wilson is the doyen of sports writers and if this book is anything like his previous works, it will be a must read (my copy is on order). In fact, I would highly recommend both Inverting the Pyramid; the history of football tactics and Behind the Iron Curtain; travels in Eastern European football.  Particularly the latter.

Argentina.jpg

Angels With Dirty Faces; Argentinos Juniors

Argentinos Logo.png

Trophy Screen.png

Founded in 1904, Argentinos Juniors is a club located in the La Paternal barrio of Buenos Aires. A club legendary not for its success – it has won the Primera Division only three times and the Copa Libertadores once, on first attempt in 1985 – but more for the plethora of talent it has produced over the decades. Fabricio Coloccini, Nicolas Pareja, Lucas Biglia and a certain Juan Roman Riquelme are examples of the talent fostered within the youth system over the last quarter of a century alone. However, none are more famous than the prodigal son of Buenos Aires; Diego Maradona. More often associated with Boca Juniors, it was at Argentinos Juniors that Maradona forged his burgeoning career; 116 goals in 167 league games in just over four seasons from 1976-1981 earning him a move to the more illustrious Boca.

Such was Maradona's influence on the club, the old 1940s wooden stadium was renamed in his honour in 2004, upon completion of the refurbishment. Somewhat fitting; diminutive in stature (24,000 capacity) and a bit grubby around the edges.

Estadio Diego Armando Maradona.pngMaradona Wall Mural.png

Nowadays Argentinos have fallen on harder times, relegated to the Primera B Nacional, past glories a long-distant memory and still fully in the shadow of the traditional powerhouses; Boca Juniors, River Plate, Racing Club. And here lies the challenge; bringing Argentinos back up to the Primera and establishing them as a force to be reckoned with, nationally and then – hopefully – internationally. All whilst suffering from the 'talent drain' that plagues all Argentinian clubs; whether youngsters poached by the bigger national outfits or hungry European powerhouses desperate to unearth the 'next Messi' (or next Carlos Marinelli!).

Philosophy – semper fidelis

I am approaching this with a view to focus heavily on youth development and promoting from within. I am not a fan of strict 'no signings' rules, but the fact that Argentinos start off with £800k in the bank, a transfer budget of £200k and a spare wage budget of only £3k means I will have to look at the youth prospects within the ranks. To encorage this, I immediately requested the board accept a remit to focus on youth and allow youth players to be signed for first-team. Semper fidelis, always faithful to the youth policy.

The Squad

Argentinos begin with a young and able squad. Rated the no.1 outfit in the Primera B Nacional, there is depth across the board. However, that the squad is two-thirds under the age of 23 suggests that a balance will need to be sought, utilising the experience of the elder statesmen to allow the younger talent to flourish and reach the peak of their powers.

Let's look first at the key personnel:

The Cat - Federico Lanzillota

GK - Federico Lanzillota.jpgFederico Lanzillota.jpg

Lanzillota is an excellent choice at this level and, at only 23 years of age, someone I'll be looking to keep sticks for a long time coming.

Libero Grande – Miguel Angel Torren

Miguel Angel Torren.pngMiguel Angel Torren.jpg

Torren is the player that immediately caught my eye. A quick, hard-working, aggressive centreback who also has that rare ability to play as a sweeper. This got me excited; the sweeper/libero are roles underused in FM. Here I had my own, and to cap it off he takes a mean freekick and is captain material too. This is my Beckenbauer, my Koeman.

Size Matters – Damian Batallini

Damian Batallini.pngDamian Batallini.jpg

Batallini is arguably the best talent at the club. A big-bodied 6”3 winger who can be used up and down the flank. Quick on the burst, with stamina and decent work-rate. He looks an ideal wingback and there won't be any opponent besting him aerially with that jumping reach.

The Dynamo - Esteban Rolon

Esteban Rolon.pngEsteban Rolon.jpg

Rolon is the workhorse of the midfield, a competent all-rounder with scope for serious improvement.

The Role Model - Gaston Machin

Gaston Machin.pngGaston Machin.jpg

Machin is the glue that binds the side; competent in the art of playmaking, equally adept at breaking up play. A resilient, hard-working, brave player who will be a valuable vice-captain and tutor.

A question of personality

Squad Characteristics.jpg

Overall, the squad starts with a great spread of key characteristics. Hard-working, intelligent, committed and with leadership. That is a base to be proud of and on which to develop the young talent at the club.

A family affair; meet the MacAllisters

Over in the youth academy, an interesting narrative is developing...

Carlos MacAllister.png

In the late 80's there was a chap by the name of Carlos Javier MacAllister plying his trade for the club. Argentinian by birth – though with Scottish heritage back down the family tree – Carlos was a decent left back and racked up 120 league appearances for Argentinos, in addition to three caps for the national side. He featured in the qualifiers for the '94 World Cup but didn't make the final cut. After retiring in 1999, Carlos went on to found the MacAllister Sports Club alongside his brother Carlos Patricio (clearly he had very imaginative parents!), other wise known as Club Deportivo MacAllister. And what of it? - I hear you ask. Well, three of Carlos' offspring are currently plying their trade in the youth ranks of Argentinos, and boy can they play football.

MacAllisters.png

Kevin MacAllister.jpg

Alexis MacAllister.jpg

Francis MacAllister.jpg

On first appraisal, both Kevin and Alexis are sure-fire future first-team calibre players, whilst the elder Francis has some possibility to progress. This is a narrative I will be actively pursuing; what better than to develop three scions of a club legend?

The Academy

Famed for youth production, the current rating of the Argentinos academy is only average for junior coaching and youth recruitment. It will need some work to get it up to the standard required. However, it is already primed to bestow further gifts to the long-term manager. Here are some of the gems who await a manager willing to invest the time and patience. However, there are some initial challenges. Not only do a good 8-10 of the first-team squad begin 'wanted' by clubs, you'll also find some of your best prospects are on 'yth' contracts. Given that Juventus are interested in Fausto Vera from day one - as just one example - I'll need to move quickly to secure the future of the club.

Nicolas Gonzalez.jpg

Leonel Mosevich.jpg

Lucas Pizzatti.jpg

Fausto Vera.jpg

Tactics

The 5-4-1.jpg

Tactically, I wanted to get away from the usual 4123 or 4141s and put more of an individual flavour on the club. and also represent a nation which has had a colourful approach to football tactics and formations across the decades. After much soul-searching, I decided on a 361/541. The strength of the wingbacks was immediately apparent, and the pacey Batallini is ably backed up by the best talent in the Reserves, Kevin MacAllister on the right. The workhorse Benitez on the left, with Piovi in support. So, wingbacks beame my starting point. That flowed naturally into consideration of Torren as a mobile ball-playing stopper or even libero; a nod to a great of yesteryear, Daniel Passarella. Further forward, I decided to go for a box midfield. Two thoughts mediated this; a system that open up multiple passing lanes as the ball is worked slowly forward and also having a strong presence in the central areas to try and limit opponents' time on the ball and ability to hit long passes over an aggressive backline.

In practice, the box is more of a trapezoid. I wanted a more conservative presence on the right-centre of midfield and opted for a deep-lying playmaker on defend duty, to encourage the movement of the play and, in part, to also cover for - and feed - the ultra-aggressive wingback. Rolon was chosen as a box-to-box midfielder, a role which I felt suited his skill-set and also prompts movement from deep, expecting that the left wingback would be the less aggressive of the two wide players. At the head of midfield, a supporting playmaker brings a second dedicated creative presence into play. Options abound; he can feed-in the wingback, he can play in the forward, fellow attacking midfielder, even the box-to-box midfielder. Across the pitch, the left attacking midfielder will be tasked with getting into channels and dragging the opposing defence out of position, opening up space for Rolon.

How the tactic plays in practice will be assessed over pre-season. I will start with a blank canvas on the TI perspective and begin to add in options as I assess how the shape performs. In general, I'd expect to be pushing up the field, keeping distribution short and the tempo low, unpicking opponents in a considered fashion.

More on tactics, shape and roles later.

Pre-season and the opening weeks

I'll be fortunate indeed if I can keep the plethora of young talent at the club. The first few weeks will see me take an aggressive approach to tying down as many of the youngsters and key personnel as I can to long-term contracts. However, the tiny available wage bill will need to be considered. The coaching team  needs some work, to add quality and specialisation. The two-man scouting team also needs an upgrade, but with a coverage of only South America it is not urgent. On the first-team squad front, it will be interesting to see if I can mould some of the better-paid personnel into viable options. Players such as Cabrera and Romero, wingers who have just joined the club and are amongst the better-paid personnel will have to adjust quickly to fit-in as central offensive midfielders. This may cause some problems in the interim.

I really wanted to be really productive and start as San Lorenzo, Belgrano or Argentino Jnrs, what with that Scottish connection.... but instead I've cheated and became one of those guys who picks the top sides of the league  and started a save with River Plate.

It's only because of my man crush on Lucas Alario, like that makes it any better.. but still, it's a very unique League that actually drives you to develop your own talent.

Speaking of family ties, there is a Sebastian Riquelme lurking within the Argentinos youth teams, a 19 year old creative midfielder. Does anyone know if he is perchance related to the legend that is Juan Roman? He looks a little like him and Juan Roman is now 38, so it is feasible. I haven't been able to find any info online, limited as a non-Spanish reader.

That would be another great little narrative. Not to mention that Juan Roman Riquelme is one of my favourite players of all time.

1 hour ago, AndySummers said:

Speaking of family ties, there is a Sebastian Riquelme lurking within the Argentinos youth teams, a 19 year old creative midfielder. Does anyone know if he is perchance related to the legend that is Juan Roman? He looks a little like him and Juan Roman is now 38, so it is feasible. I haven't been able to find any info online, limited as a non-Spanish reader.

That would be another great little narrative. Not to mention that Juan Roman Riquelme is one of my favourite players of all time.

Is his brother.

I'm waiting for the patch for the lower leagues made each year for Bacorales. Then I'll start with Velez. The youth challenge for excellence.

I made a start with Argentinos Juniors last night and couldn't believe the talent at the club. What did you do regarding staff? I noticed the club is a bit understaffed but haven't yet decided which areas to focus on.

The squad is definitely capable of winning the title and going on to establish itself in the Primera, however with my poor FM17 record so far I'm not taking anything for granted.

For the first time in FM i am gonna play in Argentina , and i will do it with Talleres :) , First short term will be to own Cordoba then beat the big boys the squad is full of good players but over 30 so a rebuilding process while i have ambitious board + my own house rules this should be fun and hard !

Hope i understood the rules and all the game mechanics for South America so i will not be blindsided :)

12 hours ago, Chrismatthews16 said:

What did you do regarding staff?

From my initial pre-season worth of Beta testing, it seemed bigger clubs were determined to hoover up the scouting team. Gustavo Rissi moved on to Huracan and I was fine with that. I couldn't fight off other teams for the better available scouts, such as Mauricio Serna, so I brought in ex-Spurs forward Ronny Rosenthal as replacement, joined by countryman Guy Portnyagin. Both give good country coverage and, although I won't be making use of that particularly, I like to have that depth of knowledge. Uruguayan Ruben Alzueta also joined the scouting division.

The coaching team has so little room for manoeuvre. I fired Julio Vaccari and brought in Jorge San Esteban, as it was important to add some specialisation and talent. I also petitioned the board for more coaches to help enhance the quality and have been granted one extra. I also brought in an U20 data analyst.

Early days.

17 hours ago, Candre168 said:

Does anyone know where I can download some more South American leagues? I'd like Ecuador and Paraguay at least. Then I will be ready to start my Rosario Central save. 

The lad who does the world pack will have all the missing South American leagues included. Not sure when it gets released, but keep an eye on the editing forum. Its a shame that SI don't include these as standard, as it would complete the set nicely, especially given how there are some big clubs who can compete in the Libertadores in those leagues.

4 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

The lad who does the world pack will have all the missing South American leagues included. Not sure when it gets released, but keep an eye on the editing forum. Its a shame that SI don't include these as standard, as it would complete the set nicely, especially given how there are some big clubs who can compete in the Libertadores in those leagues.

He told me Friday/Saturday night :). 

It's a real shame that Ecuador and Paraguay aren't included at least, although Bolivia and Venezuela produce some great teams too. 

Without wishing to stray off topic too much, I'm also British and have, or had, a real strong interest in South American football, through the Brazilian club Internacional, who I followed closely for a number of years around a decade ago. I ran the only English language news site about the team and made links with the club, got invited to write weekly on their GloboEsporte supporter blog (like the BBC!),  featured in their publications, signed shirts and even gifts from their supporters.  Incredible really but my career meant I had to focus my attentions elsewhere so had to drop it. I do still follow their results though. 

Anyway, back to the point, a few years ago I made an extensive media pack for all the playable South American leagues using real local newspapers, radio stations, TV etc. I don't have it but I'm sure it's still out there on the net. I think some unofficial updates included into their data packs too. I found it added a lot more realism, so try searching for it. I'll see if I can find it and will upload it if I can. 

Great thread btw. 

b812784bd44dbc2db31a50d7ec5ff910.jpg

I am slowly playing my first season with Talleres and after a weird Copa Argentina where mostly 6 out 8 teams in the quarters where 2D teams we managed to get ourself in Copa Libertadores , which hopefully means some nice cash (first time playing in South America)  so no ideea if only playing in Libertadores will get us some nice cash or i need to actually get into the final phases for that . Luduena is old but fantastic and i've managed to snipe Cavenaghi in January he was on trial at Tigre.

1 hour ago, setzel said:

b812784bd44dbc2db31a50d7ec5ff910.jpg

I am slowly playing my first season with Talleres and after a weird Copa Argentina where mostly 6 out 8 teams in the quarters where 2D teams we managed to get ourself in Copa Libertadores , which hopefully means some nice cash (first time playing in South America)  so no ideea if only playing in Libertadores will get us some nice cash or i need to actually get into the final phases for that . Luduena is old but fantastic and i've managed to snipe Cavenaghi in January he was on trial at Tigre.

Don´t hold your breath ;) I think it´s sth like 700k € participation money. Still sth. and you likely get good attendance your 3 games, but likely won´t set you up for a spending spree. Also 500k for advancing a round (playing in final a bit more and winning the whole thing 2 mio or so)

48 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Can anybody clarify what happens to the league structure in the future in FM ? (no of teams and games ?) Haven´t gotten around to do a test sim myself unfortunately.

Every seaon will reduces the no. of teams until it reachs 20. 

8 minutes ago, feche said:

Every seaon will reduces the no. of teams until it reachs 20. 

What about the games ? Will it at some point be a 44 or 46 game schedule and then settle on being 38 ? That´d likely discourage me from playing in Argentina, sad as this would be :(

1 hour ago, Marinho said:

What about the games ? Will it at some point be a 44 or 46 game schedule and then settle on being 38 ? That´d likely discourage me from playing in Argentina, sad as this would be :(

I thinkl it's like this, but i could be wrong, don't remember exactly but:

1st season: 30 teams - 30 games
2nd season: 28 teams - 28 games
3rd season: 26 teams - 26 games
4th season: 24 teams - 46 games

5th season: 22 teams - 42 games

6th season: 20 teams - 38 games

Had a read through this thread last night and am intrigued about managing in Argentina now, never really manage outside of Europe and for past few editions hav just flitted from save to save not achieving very much, I will have a look through the leagues later but am swaying to Argentinos Juniors as it seems a good challenge. I want to get into a long term save and develop youth rather than do 1 or 2 seasons and then re start. Will be purchasing those 3 books mentioned too thank you all sound like good reads from the reviews.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:12, feche said:

Is this how it works in game?

If so, that means there are just 2 seasons where the Clasicos are incorrectly arranged. Annoying, but at least its not an ongoing forever situation.

Going to crack on tonight after my failure with Ferro. Not sure where to start atm though... so many choices :)

2 hours ago, bestbrother said:

Is this how it works in game?

If so, that means there are just 2 seasons where the Clasicos are incorrectly arranged. Annoying, but at least its not an ongoing forever situation.

Going to crack on tonight after my failure with Ferro. Not sure where to start atm though... so many choices :)

Yes it is.

The clasicos are wrong for license issues, nothing we could do about it.

It depends on what are you looking for, like you said, so many choices xD

On 11/13/2016 at 16:12, feche said:

Thanks for taking the time !

Too many games for my liking unfortunately, same thing that always keeps me from playing in Brasil :( Gonna have a look and see what i can do with the Editor to make it a better fit for me.

17 hours ago, beechy85 said:

am swaying to Argentinos Juniors as it seems a good challenge.

Come and join the party, Beechy85!

I am rumbling my way through 2016-17, currently sitting two points clear of Ferro at the halfway mark, with Crucero del Norte keeping the promotion spots interesting, a further point adrift. Hoping to get the season concluded and written-up by Wednesday, whilst I have some holiday, but I've been distracted by starting an online game in the Brasilerao with the old man, managing Gremio and Botafogo respectively. Sidetracking the thread temporarily, the Brazilian league structure isn't half convoluted. I'll have played around 17 games before the Brasilerao even starts, mostly in the Campeonato Gauchao, what I can only assume is a regional league and cup competition. I may need the philosophy behind this explaining, as the discrepancy in quality between teams is like Arsenal playing in a league with Havant & Waterlooville. :herman:

Fun and games anyway, and the level of young talent in Brazil is outrageous! I am loving South America at the moment.

Archived