Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Dan BHTFC

[WIP] E22 - England to Level 22

Recommended Posts

I have not downloaded it yet as I am waiting for the final leagues to be added that I need.

Have people had any issues signing any players at their teams or not or do you just get in free transfers for the 1st couple seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, grff said:

@Michael Zorc you should be able to run a quick holiday for a few seasons if you have any concerns. That way you can see how the file plays out.

Set up the Icelandic league as playable and the English leagues as view only. Rather than loading the English leagues as playable as this will slow down processing.

Hole that helps!

Great idea - thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has everyone been playing with this database? Any issues? I've set up in level 10 and not had any issues so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool. I've not done much at the minute, but not had any issues. Hopefully nothing comes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure whether this is an issue with the database or not but managing at level 11 I cannot seem to find any players willing to accept or even discuss non-contracts. At this level when my wage budget is a mere £135 p/w this is an issue when even the poorest quality player is looking for £30 p/w

 

Thanks for the effort that has been put into this database. I'm looking forward to this being my main use of FM17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my wage budget is £25p/w , its tricky (as no senior affiliate ever wants to partner up either??) but it IS possible to get players. i cant seem to adjust budget though once i have money. 

contract.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrDarrenPerry1 said:

my wage budget is £25p/w , its tricky (as no senior affiliate ever wants to partner up either??) but it IS possible to get players. i cant seem to adjust budget though once i have money. 

contract.jpg

I'm not sure if this was a direct response to my question but it is on the same topic. What I was trying to say was that last year I was able to fill my whole squad with amateur players when at this level even when my club was semi-professional. If this cannot be done and i must sign players on part-time contracts this will be nearly impossible as with a total wage budget of £135 p/w I will be able to sign a total of 4 players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coxy1234 said:

I'm not sure if this was a direct response to my question but it is on the same topic. What I was trying to say was that last year I was able to fill my whole squad with amateur players when at this level even when my club was semi-professional. If this cannot be done and i must sign players on part-time contracts this will be nearly impossible as with a total wage budget of £135 p/w I will be able to sign a total of 4 players.

Im level 10 with billingham synphonia and all my players are either on non contracts or amateur deals mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant wait to try and get my team Winchombe of the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League (Level 13) when Dan has finished the file to see where I can get them to and how long it takes me :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bearsdless Moron said:

when will the final version be out?

He said at some point this week, he is quite busy at present. I think the Gloucestershire leagues are the final ones to be added, everything on Post 3 is on.

Edited by Matt Cox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a couple of days off editing, will be doing Gloucestershire Leagues and Bedfordshire Leagues, starting tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot about those leagues, will try and get them in this week too so my guesstimate for next release will be the weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic work Dan as always. The file still being tested ??

Edited by cel1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Im level 10 with billingham synphonia and all my players are either on non contracts or amateur deals mate

Must be something wrong my end then.  At the moment whenever I approach a player their initial demands are always for part-time deals and they won't even discuss non-contract terms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coxy1234 said:

Must be something wrong my end then.  At the moment whenever I approach a player their initial demands are always for part-time deals and they won't even discuss non-contract terms

Some players at Synners are on part-time deals.

http://www.registrations.northernleague.org/Registrations - Club Order.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you be able to add the Stratford alliance league? A league below the midland combination 3..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Some players at Synners are on part-time deals.

http://www.registrations.northernleague.org/Registrations - Club Order.htm

I understand this (my club has 4 semi-pros) but Matt said that he has nearly a full squad of non-contracts which means he must have successfully approached and signed players like this, something I am finding nearly impossible at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coxy1234 said:

I understand this (my club has 4 semi-pros) but Matt said that he has nearly a full squad of non-contracts which means he must have successfully approached and signed players like this, something I am finding nearly impossible at the moment 

Adding to this I have just added a  manager with Billingham Synphonia and I'm having the same problems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dan BHTFC Would you be able to add the Nottingham Senior League Premier Division which is in step 11 under the East Midlands Counties Football League. Please!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an issue for fans - the stadia irritate in these lower leagues. Basically these teams just have a field as in FA's Level H classification. However if you go into the program section,  and find the stadia, there is a no-stadia file. Go to the lowest crowd sections and find a, b, c, d, e etc. Rename these j, k. l, m etc and copy the no stadium file  several times and label them a, b, c, d, e etc. You then get no stadia and just fields. Don't need a new game & when you club gets bigger you can put it back later. I do this when the level has a different ground grading like to get in Level 8. I also black out all the ads in graphics so they look like paths or make them green. I keep a copy for when I want them back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm holidaying through the game to check the file, it seems super-slow, one season in 12 hours running is a bit worrying...anyone else experiencing the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question: is it possible to use the file just in part? in other words, when selecting the leagues at the beginning of the game, may I restrict the playable ones to the level 11 (for example)? the last year I played with Dan's level 10 file and it was a fantastic addition, both because it was soon out with the game and because it ran perfectly over the years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have question:are awards as manager of month,player of month, youth player of month working with this database? or it is independent from database?

Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've completed the first season test, at the beginning of the second the 'reputation issue' arises as the previous years: it goes completely mad when a team is promoted/relegated, in the same division you have clubs with an 11 rep and clubs with 749 rep. Morevoer, you have at least the same rep through the Whole pyramid, so clubs at level 11 have got more or less the same rep as level 22 clubs. It makes the whole think quite unplayable, but it is not a fault of the Dan's file, it's the AI calculation that is not suited to manage the lower level to such extent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played through a few games. Speed wise it was going absolutely fine up until the first game in the cup. Started off with a Midland Premier League team who had 5 players and no staff, but with a wage budget of £1300 p/w, there was opportunities to build a decent team with it. Great stuff. Then the downside... It took 10 minutes plus once I'd finished the first game to process all the rest of the results, making it unplayable. Shame as it's a really good database. 

I would say that it really doesn't need to go below level 12, imo. Level 13 at worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some answers to jam et al:

You can opt to just play Levels 1-11, 12, 13 - any you like to L22.

All leagues get to a point where there is no relegation. Only Mid-Sussex keeps going to L22. I'm going to start in a L12 division with no relegation to give me a chance to get going with a young squad.

Reputations are a real problem and was in FM16. Pretty sure Dan can't control that. What happens is the clubs who get relegated from the division above and promoted from the division below seem to get a boost of about 200 points. I don't see it as a gamebreaker - if you don't use a utility you don't know and IRL clubs do get boosts behind the scenes. Just regard it as an unpredictable part of the gameworld.

 

Potbelly - that's just your opinion; others are enjoying the extra-deep immersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Some answers to jam et al:

You can opt to just play Levels 1-11, 12, 13 - any you like to L22.

All leagues get to a point where there is no relegation. Only Mid-Sussex keeps going to L22. I'm going to start in a L12 division with no relegation to give me a chance to get going with a young squad.

Reputations are a real problem and was in FM16. Pretty sure Dan can't control that. What happens is the clubs who get relegated from the division above and promoted from the division below seem to get a boost of about 200 points. I don't see it as a gamebreaker - if you don't use a utility you don't know and IRL clubs do get boosts behind the scenes. Just regard it as an unpredictable part of the gameworld.

 

Potbelly - that's just your opinion; others are enjoying the extra-deep immersion.

thanks a lot for the feedback, looking at the rep issue as a random element could help, I hope it doesn't make the LLM unplayable when you go on with the game, even because I've spotted that even DURING the season the rep changes...and this it the first time I see such a strange thing. Before starting a long term save I'll tyr with a level 12 Holiday, to check whether it's faster in processing the results

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in favour of dynamic reputations - ie changing during the season. It affects the odds and thereby the oppos' tactics. For example, say the odds have you as relegation candidates - the oppo will be quite cavalier in attacking you. But if you get off to a good start and the odds shorten, the oppo will be more defensive, forcing you to change your tactics. That in itself in an excellent develop - it's the extreme boosts in reputations that tend to result in the majority of clubs being condemned to be mid-table for years to come that's unfortunate. If you use a utility like FMRTE you can always amend the reps to what you think is fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

i've launched a few games and never experienced this problem

Are you running more than the Level 22 custom file? It could be that you have another file that conflicts the Level 22 data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:
  • Neither have I :(

I had same problem.I downloaded lot of another databases and when I started game it showed me mistake, for England I had red triangle. them I deleted some of another databases, then it worked well.there is probably some limitation for qty of loaded databases or databases from diferent sources are causing some problem betwren them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grff said:

Are you running more than the Level 22 custom file? It could be that you have another file that conflicts the Level 22 data.

Yes, this will be your problem. With 2+ files, some teams will share conflicting IDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I haven't been active on here, I just needed a few days away from the editor as I've been on it non stop for the last 3 months, I will get back to adding a few more leagues over the next few days and I will look at the Billingham Synthonia problem as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the file, need a new challenge now I took Tottenham to the Quadruple in my 2nd season and only losing 2 games all year. Need to start from the bottom and go from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mavericktangoII said:

Champion League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup et all within 22 years with a level 22 side lol eh Matt?

Never know, Id be happy if I got my team from Level 13 to the football league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is related to your file, Dan, or FM17 on the whole but when I'm trying to set my B (Reserve) and C (3rd) team managers to manage their teams in the 'staff responsibilities section' I am having a problem. When I select the B team manager on the drop down menu for the reserve team page it also selects him for the 3rd team, and thus, when I go to select the 3rd team manager to manage the 3rd team he also comes up on the reserve team page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...