FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twatting everyone with Parma in C/A at the moment. Just at the first transfer window in Winter on my save (season two as they were in an unplayable league in season one) and have secured a few good Frees. Starting to plan for Serie B now.....

Impressive :thup: How is the finances now they was declared bankrupt?

One season completed........just got Portsmouth promoted to League 1, finished runners up.........was looking like I'd just scrape into the play offs with 7 games to go, managed to win 6 on the spin and draw 1, other results went my way and got automatic promotion at first attempt.

Matt Tubbs scored 26 league goals and Georg Iliev, who I signed on a free scored 18 league goals.

Most Consistent Starting 11

GK Paul Jones

RB Justin Hoyte

CB Christian Burgess

CB Matt Clarke

LB Enda Stevens

RM Gary Roberts

CM Ben Close

CM Michael Doyle

LM Kal Naismith

ST Georg IIiev

ST Matt Tubbs

Now to strengthen in pre-season and tackle League 1!! ?

• Administrators

Just kicking off my new save - South America and Mexico loaded.

Manager name is Lucas Soto Soto, going to Design a Son once a Chilean job comes up :cool:

After my start a couple of days ago went through preseason yesterday. I had started an FMT save with Arsenal then a full game save with Liverpool and hurried back to FMT and started one with Newcastle as it has become a tradition to play with them each year. (So the game is just out and I already have 3 saves...)

I'm really enjoying it so far. Really gotten used to the tactics screen and the instruction screen is brilliant. Addition of prozone and opp instructions is also well received. I like what I see in the match engine.

As for my save keeping things simple but opted for a counter attacking tactic with 3 team instructions but playing a 4231 Denmark.

Loaned out Obertan, trying to do the same with Williamson and sold Curtis Good. Bought Gino Peruzzi as rotation for RB. Still have too many strikers but Riviere is injured for 3 months, Mitrovic has lots of potential but he still needs to blend in, and Cisse might be moved on. I'm just not ready to let him go yet as he is a veteran and might bring us goals when we need.

GK: Krul / Darlow

RB: Janmaat / Peruzzi

CDR: Mbemba / S. Taylor

CDL: Coloccini / Lascelles

LB: Haidara / Dummet (inj. 3mo)

MCR: Tiote / Colback

MCL: Anita / Birgimana

AMR: Sissoko / Gouffran

AMC: De Jong / Thauvin / Marveaux

AML: Wijnaldum / Aarons

ST: Ayoze / Cisse / Mitrovic / Riviere

As you can see still slightly unbalanced but I don't think I will play a 442 and have two strikers. It might be the better counter attacking tactic, however.

Won all matches in preseason against noname clubs so now comes the real first test against West Ham.

Decided to start a career as FC Utd since they are playable on this version. Started one with them on the BETA but I've decided to start again on the full release version, should be good to take them to the Premier League (I hope) and have three Manchester Clubs fighting it out for the title. Looking forward to the challenge, will keep you guys updated :)

Decided to start a career as FC Utd since they are playable on this version. Started one with them on the BETA but I've decided to start again on the full release version, should be good to take them to the Premier League (I hope) and have three Manchester Clubs fighting it out for the title. Looking forward to the challenge, will keep you guys updated :)

Will be tough challenge to get to Premier League :D Good luck!

Will be tough challenge to get to Premier League :D Good luck!

I'm looking forward to it, hope will become a good long term save for me. Starting off well signed a decent young GK and Striker on free transfers who have improved the team, played twelve games so far and I'm currently unbeaten...won four drew eight games but still unbeaten!!

I wasn't planning on buying FM 16 on release day. In my short history with Football Manager, which goes back only as far as FM 13, I'd always waited a few months before I bought the new version. This time, the buzz surrounding FM 16 drew me in, and last night I got on board. I downloaded the demo to make sure my middle-aged laptop will still run the game to my satisfaction, and when it seemed fine, I bought the full game.

I enjoy both the full version and FMT, although I find myself drawn more and more to FMT these days. I don't always have the time for the full game, and sometimes I simply feel like keeping it simple.

Now I'm thinking about my first FMT 16 save. I'm not sure where I want to go with it.

• Ireland is one possibility, possibly with Galway United, even though I don't usually pick a team in any nation's top flight.
  • I'm always somewhat drawn to England, where I like the fact that I can begin at the sixth level.
  • Maybe I'd prefer a save in another European country. A Scandinavian club, or one in eastern Europe, could be fun.
  • A Create-a-Club project in any of the above countries could be the way to go.

I'm delighted to have all these different possibilities. :)

Do many people play FMT on iPad? I know 16 isn't out yet but just wondering... Not sure whether to start an FM save on the PC version of Touch or just get it for my iPad... Obviously I can run more leagues and have graphics on my laptop etc but any other benefits or why you prefer iPad version?

I'm currently halfway through the Season and I'm sitting pretty nicely in 8th position a strong second half of the Season could see us sneak into the Play-offs but even if we don't make it I'm not too fussed as the aim for this Season was avoiding relegation, so hopefully we can finish around where we are now and aim for Promotion next Season. Had a decent cup run, made it to the First Round of the FA Cup which involved a brilliant 4-2 victory over Conference side Macclesfield we were battered by League One Crew in the First Round. Didn't get too far in the FA Trophy as we drew Wrexham who were flying high in the Conference.

Other than that I'm happy with how things are going at the moment, maybe I'll try and get a few loan deals in when the Transfer Window opens in January and strengthen the Squad/add some depth.

Also just been offered the job at Torquay who are currently bottom of the Conference but opted to turn it down, think staying at FC Utd is the better option.

IOther than that I'm happy with how things are going at the moment, maybe I'll try and get a few loan deals in when the Transfer Window opens in January and strengthen the Squad/add some depth.

If you're still in the first season, the transfer window for the Conference North/South is open all season until some point near the end of March.

Promotion to Serie B is secured about 5 games before the end of the season :cool:

We have a £3m budget for next year and actually our squad stands up pretty well against the Serie B sides I looked at, so I'm targeting a mid-table finish.

Well done :D

Just decided to start new save with Getafe. Just didn't get going with Bremen :(

Nicely done RTH.

Good luck everyone with your saves.

I have continued past pre-season and am yet to win a game.

Despite playing all pre-season with my 4231 I created a 442 counter for the first game against West Ham and we lost 3-1. First half we were the better team missing many chances. Second half I put in Cisse and he scored and I thought all is well. I probably missed that West Ham changed their mentality but all of a sudden they were back and had lots of chances and within minutes it was 2-1. The last one was a questionable offside goal but didn't really change the outcome.

Needless to say I abandoned the 442 and went back to the 4231 which gave me 9 victories in pre-season against teams whose names I can't even remember. If I win against some amateur team then surely the tactics must hold up against Manchester City, right? Well it kinda did. Manchester City dominated with 20+ shots and tried it all but was frustrated by our deep line and we had 4 counter attacking chances which could have gone in on another day. Entertaining match but it ended 0-0.

Next up was West Brom and I stuck to my tactic. Again we were the better side and finally Mitrovic scored from a penalty. Similarly to the West Ham game we collapsed in the last 10 minutes and lost 2-1. I will need to review these games to see what exactly happened. They must be changing their mentality and I'm not doing anything. Or my defenders run out of concentration.

After that I had my Capital One draw against Preston and I let my A team rest. I thought I'd finally win a game. Well, Preston came out with a 4411 but the second bank of 4 was in the DM strata and the 1 was in the MC strata with a lone striker up front. It was so defensive they didn't come close to my goal. We had lots of nice chances but all my players forgot how to score. In the second half they had a chance came close to the goal and then from 40 yards out tried a shot. Well, it went in. I then chased the game for the last 20 minutes against a super defensive team and was unable to break them.

Before my next game to Liverpool I have to review my tactic. I might abandon the AMC and use a DM instead or I go for a 4411 for more defensive stability. The 4231 seems fragile at the back but without benefit of actually creating many chances.

Sitting now with 1 point in 17th after 3 games. A win against Liverpool could catapult us to 12th. But we need to win soon.

Right, got back into my save today after a few days sick.

Finished preseason but endfed up with my three best strikers out injured (two in the same preseason match) and my loanee left winger with a fractured arm (can now apaprently play through the injury because of protective equipment, nice addition)

I offered a trialist striker a contract to fill the gap and hastily made a new friendly before the season opener to try and get him some match sharpness, mucked that up as he was too tired to play the opening match. So I started with my 5th and 6th choice strikers, luckily I was over stocked with those. The 6th choice got an assist and 5th a goal to win 3-0 away to Whitehawk.

Second game was a tough one against Havant and Waterlooville. Ended 1-1 but they were reduced to 10 men through injury at 80 minutes, I just couldn't make a breakthrough to get the winning goal.

An incredible season, we only went and got promoted via the Play-offs! I can't quite believe it I'm really proud of this achievement, it's also quite remarkable that we only lost FOUR games all season just suffered too many draws.

2cfoy1g.png

The Play-offs were fairly comfortable considering we won the first leg 4-1, drew the second leg 0-0 to set up a final with Gainsborough Trinity who we drew and beat in the two League games in the normal season so I was confident and considering we were 3-0 inside the first half hour I was optimistic then the football got a little crazy and the scoreline ended up 6-3...to us though!!

Bring on next season should be a tough challenge to stay up!

Sacked halfway through the second season at Stirling. This happened the day before the full game came out, meaning for the first time ever, I was sacked before the actual game was released. :applause:

Anyway, I've started again, and gone Sheffield Wednesday this time. Been a decent start to the season.

Arrrrgh, as I've just tried to change it to windowed mode to get screenshots for this post, the game has crashed AGAIN. I've had more crashes on this version in 3 weeks than I've had with all the others put together. My new midfield signing had just scored 4 in one game against Brentford in the last game. Now totally gone.

Rubbish.

Have just finished the longest pre-season of my life! I've been messing about trying to settle on a tactic, so I basically changed system for each pre-season match and watched the games in full. Seem to have settled on a deep 4-2-3-1 (where the "3" are in the MC line), which doesn't impact the squad too much as I had been using a 4-1-4-1 in C/A. The squad has been reinforced, primarily in midfield, and we did OK in pre-season with a W2 D1 L2 record (lost to a Serie A side).

Our first game in Serie B was at Spezia where we managed to squander a lead by conceding an innocuous looking penalty. Things turned even worse when a man was sent off with 10 to go, but we held on for a point. Pro Vercelli at the Ennio Tardini next (I managed them on FM15). Still enjoying Italy!

I need to catch up to you guys :)

Finished the Liverpool game. Changed to my 442 and then scrapped everything and started from fresh. It looked really good in play. We were creating chances and Mitrovic almost scored if it hadn't hit the metal. Well, it seems luck or confidence isn't on our side. Liverpool started really well but after 20min it was all us.

As with all the latest games, however, Benteke made his way close to goal and with Janmaat and Lascelles sitting almost on top of him he still managed to shoot through them and past Krul.

I'm quite frustrated as we deserved to at least draw. Still I have to remember it was Liverpool. Really need to pick up a win. Sitting in 20th with 1 point but 10th is not far off with 7 points so things could easily change if we manage to win.

The schedule hasn't been great but West Brom and possibly West Ham should've been at least draws. The game against Preston should've been a win to increase morale. Hopefully, some easier opponents are coming up.

I'm confident in the 442. I like what I saw just need to tweak the strikers a bit perhaps. It's definitely been challenging but also very interesting to turn things around. Almost feel like Mourinho but with a worse team. Things simply going against us - everyone is against us!!! Arrg

Nicely done Lashley.

Continued a couple of games.

Crystal Palace - 0-0

We played well once again but no goals either way.

Arsenal 1-1

We played better than them actually; Ramsey had a long shot from 25 yards out and it went in - I hate those, I don't mind that much if they score from a good opportunity but those long shots that go in frustrate me; switched to attacking for the last 15 min and Mitrovic scored from a beautiful cross from Ayoze.

Chelsea 2-2

What a game. Diego Costa was on target twice in the first half and they were just brutal. I thought, well, as expected, and just went all out in the last 15 minutes again. Cisse stepped up. Twice. He quickly got one back and then within seconds remaining got a second. Was amazing.

Now we are still sitting at the bottom with 4 points and the media are saying 1) 7 games without a win, and 2) 4 matches unbeaten (includes a Friendly against Gateshead, which I scheduled during international break to get morale up). So, I guess we need to win soon. The upcoming teams are a bit weaker so maybe now with the tactic settled and playing better we might have a chance.

Well pre-season is over mainly arranged Friendlies against small sides and big Premier League sides won the easy games but got battered by the Premier League sides but the gate receipts help :)

Not looking forward to this Season at all, managed to secure a few loan deals but a lot of the players on Free Transfers I was trying recruit were just not interested in joining us. Avoiding relegation will be a great achievement this Season...but here we go!!

Currently spain manager.

Stepped down as Wolves manager after finishing 10th, above expectations. Was getting bored, squad is brilliant and the AI manager should easily do well with them.

Rejected Roma, want to manage in Scotland, MLS or China next. If none become available, I'll just stay as the Spain manager for the foreseeable.

Stepped down as Wolves manager after finishing 10th, above expectations. Was getting bored, squad is brilliant and the AI manager should easily do well with them.

Think that should say destroy.;)

So, 18 games gone in my Sheff Wed save, and it's been a bit up and down, but I'm hanging in there.

Table

aiLjZeI.png

Transfers

9hXZpCu.png

Of these transfers, my best signing has been Tom Petersson from Gothenburg. If you're a decent Championship side, get this guy signed. Got him for £750k, and he's worth £3million already. Equally as comfortable as a ball playing centre half or a tough tackling central midfielder, he's been great for me so far.

VFEw9CI.png

And yes, you DID see Julio Arca in the inbound transfers. He's actually still decent for this level, although I only signed him as he is a Sunderland legend. He's hardly played.

Enjoying this save so far.

Archived