FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Batman86

Andres Cubas is decent as is Ruben Neves. both young also so room to develop.

what is galloway like? i opted for robinson after barca gave me £40m for blind in January.

Galloway is good, I've only had him since January but I've thrown him straight in to the first team and he's doing well. I'll hopefully finish the first season tonight so I'll throw up a screenshot of how he did when I have.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eight points behind leaders Chelsea. They've four games left to play, whilst we have two games in hand.

Remaining league fixtures:

Bournemouth (A) 3-1 - Memphis (3) - Chelsea [Played 34 | Points 79] / Man Utd [Played 33 | Points 74]

Chelsea draw 1-1 at Leicester! - Chelsea [Played 35 | Points 80] / Man Utd [Played 33 | Points 74]

Chelsea beat Palace 7-0 - Chelsea [Played 36 | Points 83] / Man Utd [Played 33 | Points 74]

Norwich (H) 5-1 - Lingard, Martial (2), Mata, Rooney - Chelsea [Played 36 | Points 83] / Man Utd [Played 34 | Points 77]

Stoke (H) 3-1 - Lingard, Martial, Shaqiri (OG) - Chelsea [Played 36 | Points 83] / Man Utd [Played 35 | Points 80]

Chelsea win 2-1 away at Stoke - Chelsea [Played 37 | Points 86] / Man Utd [Played 35 | Points 80]

Palace (A) 1-1 - Martial - Chelsea [Played 37 | Points 86] / Man Utd [Played 36 | Points 81]

Leicester (A) 1-2 Shaw The title dream is over. Chelsea [Played 37 | Points 86] / Man Utd [Played 37 | Points 81]

Chelsea (H) 1-2 - Memphis.

Could it be? Nope

Final standings - Chelsea [Played 38 | Points 89] / Man Utd [Played 38 | Points 81]

In other news, we have the Europa League Final to look forward to. Opponents are Lazio. The very team that sent us to the Europa League by beating us in the Champions League qualifier!

We end the season with a 2-1 victory over Lazio in the Europa League Final.

Yes I would say this time around the game has definitely got harder. Finished top of the league in my first season with the FA cup double (just started second season), but out in the first KO round to PSG (drew home, hammered in Paris) and beaten by Stoke in the little cup, away from home again. I think the main difference from 15 is knowing which games to alter your team strategy away from attacking to control or even standard, which seems to be needed for far more away games now. Now I tend to start away games on control at the least and see how it goes, though I am way more nervous about going to Stamford Bridge or the Etihad than I used to be, which is good!

Victor Camarasa did not work out so hes gone already but summer signings of Diakhate and Renato Sanches have got me pretty excited. Bernardo Silva. Ive said it once, Ill say it again. Amazing.

2016/2017 First Team Transfers

Players In

John Stones - £40m

Iver Fossum - £3m

Paul Pogba - £80m

Patrice Evra (Yes, you read right.) - £2m (signed from Nice)

Antoine Griezmann - £67m

Players Out:

Wayne Rooney to Arsenal - £26m

Antonio Valenca to West Ham United - £11.75m

Michael Carrick - Free Transfer

Daley Blind to Barcelona - £26.5m

Juan Mata to Real Madrid - £63m

Ashley Young to Monaco - £6.5m

Marcos Rojo to Monaco - £17.25m

Sergio Romero to Leicester City - £6.25m

Extremely happy with my dealings over the summer. Had planned to sell every one of those barring Romero, Rojo and Blind, but when bids came in for them, I decided to snap their hands off, especially when they were never going to feature that heavily.

Vanja Milinkovic Savic will be David de Gea's understudy this season. I decided to bring Patrice Evra back on a one-year deal as I saw his stats and noticed they were still very good for a player his age. His mental stats are exceptional, and after a lot of experience left the club, and taking into account the amount of young players in the first team, I felt his experience and leadership would be vital.

Stones, Manolas, Smalling and Jones is a good pool of CB's. I have McNair as backup, and Fosu-Mensah and Reece Oxford in the reserves, so I'm well stocked in that position for years. Jones will be used in the RB position as and when, and Stones can also play there, so I'm covered for Darmian.

Schneiderlin is my first choice DM. Paul Pogba is a guaranteed starter in CM as my Advanced Playmaker. Herrera and Tielemans provide excellent cover. Those two along with Basti will compete for the DLP slot. Basti will come in for Schneiderlin as and when, too. Fossum will be third choice DM, and will provide back up for the two CM positions. He's only 19, and his stats are well rounded. He'll be tutored throughout the season, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Antoine Griezmann (right) and Memphis (left) are my first choice Inside Forwards. I am still debating whether to let Januzaj leave, whether that be on loan or permanently. Embolo played wide right as a winger last season, but having let Rooney and Mata go, I didn't feel I could go into the season having just replaced with the returning Januzaj. Embolo will be my second choice striker, with Martial being the main man.

Jesse Lingard and Andreas Pereira, who both really impressed last season will be afforded a lot more game time this season. I've promoted Callum Gribbin to the first team squad. He'll be made available for the U21's for the majority, but will be tutored and will feature in a handful of first team games this season, so the wide areas are perfectly balanced in my opinion.

Martial is set up to be a Complete Forward. I'm giving him the support duty and going to see how he gets on. Embolo and Wilson are my other strikers. Memphis and Griezmann can also play up front if need be.

We finished eight points behind Chelsea last season, despite losing 9 games compared to Chelsea's 3. Arsenal and City finished in 3rd and 4th respectively with 73 points each, so a couple more wins and turning one or two of those defeats into draws should see us really challenging for the title this season.

well then...

4-2-3-1 tactic I was using at home... and the odd away game against weakened teams, sorted out the defender brainfarts, just won 3-0 at Anfield

4D75150C836FCAE826F47F7713031EA08F61A009

074D362CC70D20ACB82696A65C91F1A43FCB2453

turns out the brainfarts were because of the "stay on feet" command.. defenders were just not tackling at all.

oh and I switched on retain possession but nothing happens in regards to dominating that stat.

Has anyone tried selling Mata for big money? If so what sort of big money, because Madrid just came in with a £55m bid, and I'm contemplating whether to bite their hand off or tell them to sod off.

I got €90M for him from PSG in season 2. I gambled on selling Mata to buy Bale, but Bale demanded too much (€550k per week) and we couldn't get there.

Bayern paid €58M for Blind in the same window.

Norwich(h), Bournemouth(a), Watford(a)...lost all three games. On the verge of sack. Sunderland(h), Barcelona(h) , Southampton(a)..win all three with Southampton beeing the first away win of the season. Crash dump. At this point I rage quit and delete the save.

Btw..I started winning only when making default 4-4-2 formation, without any TI or PI.

An away win at Stamford Bridge in my game in hand leads to a fairly exciting final day:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-18%20at%2019.04.32_zpswiyhz5ih.png

I'm the only team of the 3 with a home game, facing West Ham at home. Arsenal go to Southampton, City travel to Swansea. All fairly even games, who will come out on top? Come on United!

I got €90M for him from PSG in season 2. I gambled on selling Mata to buy Bale, but Bale demanded too much (€550k per week) and we couldn't get there.

Bayern paid €58M for Blind in the same window.

always sell him as he doesn't fit my system, usually between 30-40m depending when in game, madrid/arse/psg always the takers

Season 2015/16

Not the best first season. Ended 3rd in the league, went in to the final game with 4 teams able to win the league. I won my final game 2-0, thought I was going to finish 2nd until Liverpool scored in the 87th minute to clinch them second.

48D602EE1657DF32475FFB4CD6A63EC25FE402EC

I got knocked out in the first knockout round of the Champions League by Porto, knocked out in the 4th round of the FA Cup by Swansea and got knocked out in the fourth round of the League Cup by Chelsea.

Thought I was going to get sacked, had a month left to run on my contract until the club offered me an extension until 2019.

Star player was Memphis, even though he was out injured for a while.

F257D73DA545A2B30275014F7D60AC3EF6B847E4

Here's a couple of screenshots of Galloway and Gribbin:

459C2FFD9235967FEE66179DDB9329F484FC1473

4399600BB379E8FFB1EE2BE96F0885C59B139708

Transfers

1BDC5183F0A8740AFE3F4EB1C27BCF7A28BFB318

Won the league. Managed a 1-0 win against West Ham thanks to a Morgan Schneiderlin goal. Arsenal lost 2-1 to Southampton with City drawing 1-1 at Swansea. Great way to end the season. Arsenal had the title in the bag all the way and in typical Arsenal fashion bottled it when it mattered most.

Started on Transfers for the 2nd Season:

In:

Paul Pogba - £60m up front - £40m over 48 months

Paulo Dybala - £39m

Andriy Yarmolenko - Free

Out:

Daley Blind - £28m

Bastian Schweinsteiger - £5m

Hakim Ziyech - £14m

Took over United half way through the 1st season after Van Gaal got the sack. I was managing Everton at the time but couldn't resist the United job. Van Gaal managed to get Laporte in which is a great signing and also got rid of Fellaini, so transfer wise did well. Certainly helped me out!

Season 2015/16

Not the best first season. Ended 3rd in the league, went in to the final game with 4 teams able to win the league. I won my final game 2-0, thought I was going to finish 2nd until Liverpool scored in the 87th minute to clinch them second.

48D602EE1657DF32475FFB4CD6A63EC25FE402EC

I got knocked out in the first knockout round of the Champions League by Porto, knocked out in the 4th round of the FA Cup by Swansea and got knocked out in the fourth round of the League Cup by Chelsea.

Thought I was going to get sacked, had a month left to run on my contract until the club offered me an extension until 2019.

Star player was Memphis, even though he was out injured for a while.

F257D73DA545A2B30275014F7D60AC3EF6B847E4

Here's a couple of screenshots of Galloway and Gribbin:

459C2FFD9235967FEE66179DDB9329F484FC1473

4399600BB379E8FFB1EE2BE96F0885C59B139708

Transfers

1BDC5183F0A8740AFE3F4EB1C27BCF7A28BFB318

that's not a bad start mate pretty good to me for first season, of interest what was board's expectations, in beta for me it was top 4

I haven't started save in full game yet creating some comps in editor on running a test now tho they want the title so that changed pretty quickly

oh and how much is transfer budget for 2nd season should be cracker with new tv money

LVG did a solid job. £35.5m, not too bad at all for such a good defender.

damn thats tempting

might have a rethink on targets was going down the boring Balanta route as 3rd choice as he is cheap but also injury prone...mmmm very interesting might push mr blind out and add some cash to it

that's not a bad start mate pretty good to me for first season, of interest what was board's expectations, in beta for me it was top 4

I haven't started save in full game yet creating some comps in editor on running a test now tho they want the title so that changed pretty quickly

oh and how much is transfer budget for 2nd season should be cracker with new tv money

They expected me to win the league.

I've got £160m transfer budget for season 2...

I'll start a save with Manchester United. But I'm struggling with some decisions, manly in the sentimental department:

-- should I sell Rooney? Homegrown and England best scorer, but bad tutor and huge wage.

-- should I fire Giggs? Legend but awfull assistant.

-- should I sell Carrick? Good tutor but aging and huge wage.

I'll start a save with Manchester United. But I'm struggling with some decisions, manly in the sentimental department:

-- should I sell Rooney? Homegrown and England best scorer, but bad tutor and huge wage.

If it helps, I sold Rooney to Arsenal after the first season, as he was awful for me, and I let Carrick leave on a free transfer. Giggs is still my assistant.

I'm asking myself why, after all these years playing Football Manager, have I only thought of watching the game this way with the widgets on display? It really does give you a better aspect as to what's going on, how the team's playing, and how each individual is playing.

When there are no highlights, the centre screen is of the players' body language and Giggs' observations, tactical and performance feedback.. I'm enjoying matches more than ever!

2ep7bf6.jpg

Looking forward to having this guy in my squad next season. A £4.4m deal was agreed over 12 months ago but obviously had to wait until he was 18 to join us. He's been loaned back to Gremio until the end of the season. I've never heard of him admittedly, but his stats are amazing for someone his age. I think he ends Januzaj's and Lingard's Manchester United career.

zn8oq9.jpg

• I sold Rooney for £31.5m to Arsenal at the start of the first season, I think I made the right decision, he wasn't very good for them.
  • I fired Giggs, tried to get Tassotti but he turned me down and signed a new contract with Milan. I hired Keane randomly butt he's no good and I need a new one. Any recommendations?
  • Carrick was a bit part player for me in the first season, I got him to sign a new contract half way through and saved myself £40k a week on his wages. Then sold him to Chelsea in the summer before the second season for £2.5m.

• I fired Giggs, tried to get Tassotti but he turned me down and signed a new contract with Milan. I hired Keane randomly butt he's no good and I need a new one. Any recommendations?

Tassotti was my goto AssMan in FM15 but I've had no luck signing him this year. Mike Phelan can be lured from Hull if you want to turn back the clock - his stats aren't great but the game rates him very, very highly. Otherwise I've usually ended up with Riekerink, whose stats are pretty good.

Tassotti was my goto AssMan in FM15 but I've had no luck signing him this year. Mike Phelan can be lured from Hull if you want to turn back the clock - his stats aren't great but the game rates him very, very highly. Otherwise I've usually ended up with Riekerink, whose stats are pretty good.

Same here, Tassotti was always my first signing when starting as any big club on FM15. I offered him the assman role but he accepted a scouting role at Milan :thdn:.

Archived