FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season finished. And what a feeling, won Premier League on match day 36, at Goodison! Was sitting on the top of the table all season, with the two Manchester teams just behind. But we deserved to be champions. Im specially impressed with the defense, with Clyne , Rugani, Laporte and Moreno, only letting in 24 goals! Firmino was the key player with 23 goals in the league!

Its going to be a interesting transfer window. Considering offloading both Benteke and Sturridge. Benteke dosnt really fit into my tactic and Sturridge is injured all the time.

A few days before transfer window closes, any suggestions who to buy? Have £70M in the bank. I suppose a new LW would be nice to cover for Coutinho? Squad seems good enough, next step would be buying real superstars but nobody is interested. Should have bought Pogba for 90m

CxzxFQbl.jpg

Season 1 Overview

Competitions

M5CUiNh.png

Won the league a little too easy. Only lost twice, both away, once to City, once to Norwich.

I even managed to beat Tottenham with a fully rotated squad.

My players were up there with the best.

0JkLuyx.png

Home Record was impeccable. Welcome to Fortress Anfield.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only teams I drew were the same ones that beat me away.

EIQx76S.png

Away Record.

iOHeXLn.png

FA Cup was disappointing

sTvwjX1.png

The League Cup was the first trophy of the season.

I managed to beat City once, the only time in our 5 meetings this season.

gB5aXEm.png

The Europa League completes a magnificent treble.

656JuN5.png

In total, my record is :

5 Defeats, 3 of them to City.

11 Draws and

47 Wins.

Awards

kf0u9JO.png

5KZJ70x.png

FvwpKTu.png

nfRgShH.png

Season 1 Overview

Competitions

M5CUiNh.png

Won the league a little too easy. Only lost twice, both away, once to City, once to Norwich.

I even managed to beat Tottenham with a fully rotated squad.

My players were up there with the best.

0JkLuyx.png

Home Record was impeccable. Welcome to Fortress Anfield.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only teams I drew were the same ones that beat me away.

EIQx76S.png

Away Record.

iOHeXLn.png

FA Cup was disappointing

sTvwjX1.png

The League Cup was the first trophy of the season.

I managed to beat City once, the only time in our 5 meetings this season.

gB5aXEm.png

The Europa League completes a magnificent treble.

656JuN5.png

In total, my record is :

5 Defeats, 3 of them to City.

11 Draws and

47 Wins.

Awards

kf0u9JO.png

5KZJ70x.png

FvwpKTu.png

nfRgShH.png

What was your setup mate?

Season 1 Overview

Player Overview

Stars of the season

Jordon Ibe

With Milner, then Henderson tutoring him, his development skyrocketed. Assist machine.

2Tbm0RH.png

Roberto Firmino

I didn't think him capable, but this guy is a goal machine.

xXI1PZV.png

Breakout Youngsters

Brad Smith

Did a fantastic job at replacing Enrique. Probably won't become a star but he has earned his place in the squad for now.

4DcuQ57.png

Harry Wilson

Gareth Bale now has competition as the best Welsh player.

sI61gR1.png

Notable Youngsters

Scott Hamilton

Regen that came through the youth ranks.

s2XRwGM.png

Bobby Adekanye

Didn't play much but is developing well.

gCJs6KM.png

Brooks Lennon

Probably won't make it here but will develop him a little longer before selling him.

qeIiFOG.png

Jordan Rossiter

Played well when needed. I'm also training him to Fullback on both side.

4VNbOjT.png

Allan

Only got 1 sub appearance. Might have a problem with injuries.

His potential is not the best.

GJKyl7H.png

First season transfers. As you can see, I've focused on young players. There are only a couple around the first team.

Saved most of the Lallana money for the future. Looking to bring in one or two more young players who I couldn't prize away, and then the next target will be a top centre back. Stefan de Vrij is the dream.

hkIhJvk.png

Season 1 Overview

Transfers In

Paulo Dybala

Bought for €34M. Performed below expectations, mostly because of some bad PPMs. Have high hopes for him.

Rmi3tkg.png

Jefferson

Bought for €3.4M. Did I slightly better job than Mignolet.

Z6fRI9U.png

Kieran Trippier

Included in Benteke deal. Did a job.

rGaVfxm.png

Transfers Out

JgtddHS.png

Benteke had a good record of goals, 12 in 15, but I didn't like how we played with him in the team. Also, I needed the money for Dybala.

Kolo was let go to get rid of his wages.

Loren brought good money and Enrique was in his last 6 months of his contract.

how did you get wilson back? He has a loan contract with crewe until 01.06.16

getting 2 goals with coutinho is impressive. I'm struggling to get him to even hit the target

harry wilsons mins per goal must be impressive as well

I got him back in jan when his loan ended

Finally got Sturridge back and after building his sharpness up to 88% put him on the bench and brought him on for the last 7 minutes.

Calf strain, 3-4 weeks.

Strongly considering moving him along at the end of the season along with Benteke and Balotelli. Hope to raise enough to get Icardi and Berahino in.

oh god, it has all gone terribly wrong....

was on course for the title in my first season, playing well, then all of a sudden, for no reason I can fathom I can't win, I have lost 7 in a row now and am in danger of not even making the top 4!! I don't know what to do, nothing has changed in my players or tactics.

I mean for God sake newcastle beat me 7-0!!!

oh god, it has all gone terribly wrong....

was on course for the title in my first season, playing well, then all of a sudden, for no reason I can fathom I can't win, I have lost 7 in a row now and am in danger of not even making the top 4!! I don't know what to do, nothing has changed in my players or tactics.

I mean for God sake newcastle beat me 7-0!!!

That is what the game does, just makes you lose for no reason.

Your Morale can be high, injury free, everyone trained to tactics perfectly, match sharp, everything is 100% perfect.

Then you lose like 10 games in a row.

Your Morale can be high, injury free, everyone trained to tactics perfectly, match sharp, everything is 100% perfect.

it's so frustrating..

:))))))

That's not how it works.

Finally got round to starting my proper save.

My main goal is to produce lots of good young players so as to not be struggling with Homegrown and club homegrown players. Buy young and hopefully cheap, and if necessary, later sell high for lots of profit. I fully expect to sell some players later.

Another main goal is to produce a core group of English players for my team. We have some good players to start with so thats good. Now i will keep a look out for regens.

Other goals are to improve the clubs finances, reputation, facilities and get us back into the champions league.

My attributes:

Att - 17 Adapt -1

Def - 17 Det - 20

Fit - 5 Play Kn - 12

GK - 1 Youth Kn - 11

Tac - 18 Disc - 18

Tech - 18 Man - 20

Ment - 16 Mot - 19

Youth - 16

This gives me 3.5 star Fitness training, and 5 star in all others apart from GK. It also roleplay based as i like Determined players, i like to focus on youth, be a good man manager, motivate my players and be disciplined by warning and fining with bad performances and red cards.

So first i got rid of a lot of staff (can be random each save due to many being random stats) and got good replacements. This included an expensive Borrell and HOYD. Worth it in the end tho as his personality will improve future youth recruits.

Spent a bit on staff, but my playstyle is all about getting and improving youth so its worth it in the end and the future. Kept some and had to ask board for more scouts which they agreed to.

New Staff

HOYD - Borrell

U18 Manager- Olde Riekerink

U18 Fitness- Schmidtlein

U18 GK - Tenius

U18 Coach - Frati, Cooper, Kunert, Toledo Piza

U18 Physio - Fleming, Guter, Worth

U21 Assistant - Tralhao

U21 GK - Mason

U21 Physio - Bowman

Fitness - Aroso, Pintus, Masach

GK - Sambade

Coach - Talon, Montanaro, Tanajura

Physio - Carniero, Sharman

Scouts - David Moss (celtic), Magrone, Imhof, Krkic, Cannigia, Welman, Longoria, Roscher, Innocenti, Mclaughlin, Wilkman, Vaz, Pelaez, Lievre, de Cozar.

Pre-season Players bought:

Ajer - 1.2m

Mammana - 1m + 4m over 48mths

San Emeterio - 500k + 1.4m over 48mths

Augustinson - 2.5m

Corchia - 5.75m

Pepelu - 1.4m release clause

Fossum - 1m + 1.5m over 36mths

Zivkovic - 1.2m

Dueland - 900k

Dozzell - 400k compensation

Luan - 500k + 5m over 24mths

Tulissi - 400k + 1.3m over 48mths

Barbosa - 3m + 8.75 over 48mths

Horn - 6.5m clause

Gamal - 350k - Failed WP but loaned out for profit.

Palombo - 2.9m : Mainly as tutor and backup

Dan Diaz- 120k - Tutor

Hubschman - 900k Tutor

Koren - 90k Tutor

Izmailov - Free Tutor

Pre-season sales:

Lovren - 19m + 20% profit to PSG

Enrique - 3.5m to Watford

Allen - 11m to Juventus. I like him but needed to cash and hes behind Hendo, Can Milner in 2nd CM spot. Would rather play youth than him too.

Loans:

Origi - 250k per month + 100% wages - nice amount of money , loaned as he wouldnt become Homegrown

Gamal - 100k per month + 100 wages - nice profit in 4 months time, loaned as no WP.

End of transfer window:

Sold

Lallana - 40m - Arsenal

Bought:

Rajkovic - 3.3m

Sven Bender - 6.25 Transfer listed - couldnt resist, fantastic player.

Breel Embolo - 14m : More than i wanted to play but he will be good.

As you can see i spent a lot on youth.

I dont see myself buying any major first team players in the next 3-4 years at least, so just more youth and tutors. Some may say my tutors cost too much, but the way i see it, they are worth the cost if they can improve my youth.

In 2 years most of the youth can be used in Euro cup (maybe Champs league) as u21 without being registered. And in 3 years will be homegrown as club, which i one of my main goals.

The reason i didnt loan any other youth out is simply that i am either tutoring them, or i want them to become trained at club in 3 years. They will play as many cup and "easy" Prem/Europa games they can.

Decided to keep Toure for the year as he is a great tutor, though he will only play as backup.

I play 4-2-3-1wide,

GK-SK-D - distribute to full backs

DR-FBa

DCR-CD

DCL-CD

DL-WBs - cross more

MCR-CMd

MCL-BBM

AMR-Ws

AMC-APa

AML-IFa

SC-CFs

Flexible, Control, Fairly Wide, More closing down, Prevent short GK dist, more expressive.

That is my base setup, but i change some roles depending on players.

Preseason consisted of 8 friendlies to get match tactics up to a reasonable level of familiarity.

Season has started well with 4/4 wins

Beat Leicester 4-2

Beat Watford 2-1

Beat Man Utd 1-0

Beat Sunderland 3-2

Selecting Euro squad was tough due to us having only Ibe as homegrown at club and he doesnt need to be selected as he is U21, but in a few years that will be no problem.

After the Lallana sale i had money to ask the board to increase Youth coaching budget, Youth recruitment, Youth facilities and Training facilties too. Adjusted my wage/transfer budget so its all in wages (seemed to increase financial interest in previous FMs for better finances).

And soon they should be coming back with a merchandising affiliate club. Edit: LA Galaxy are my new merchandising affiliate club.

So far so good.

I'm really struggling to get much out of Firmino, anyone had much success with him?
Also, what sort of transfer budget am I likely to get for the second season? No players bought on instalments.

IF (A) from the left, was a good player for me in the first season. Although I rotate him a lot now as I signed Tevez and only play with one upfront, so a lot of the time Sturridge or Tevez will play wide.

I also bought Willian and can highly recommend him if anyone is playing a high pressing system.

I finished 2nd in the first season and got roughly £40m in the summer. I sold Benteke and Balotelli for big fees. Then in November the board made an extra £30m available

IF (A) from the left, was a good player for me in the first season. Although I rotate him a lot now as I signed Tevez and only play with one upfront, so a lot of the time Sturridge or Tevez will play wide.

I also bought Willian and can highly recommend him if anyone is playing a high pressing system.

I finished 2nd in the first season and got roughly £40m in the summer. I sold Benteke and Balotelli for big fees. Then in November the board made an extra £30m available

Cheers for that, am currently trying Firmino as IF from AML and he's had his best game by a mile, 2 goals and 8.8 rating. Next game 6.1 and could barely find a teammate!

Both Benteke and Balotelli will be sold as things stand, looking to bring in Berahino and Icardi if I can get enough money together.

Also plan to completely gut the U21s as the vast majority aren't going to cut it.

Some of the u21s may surprise you. I gave Dhanda a chance and he scored two on his debut! One of them he was lurking outside the box at a corner, and scored direct from the corner. Ended up loaning him out

Second season I have been using Brad Smith and Ward as my main LB and GK backup

Some of the u21s may surprise you. I gave Dhanda a chance and he scored two on his debut! One of them he was lurking outside the box at a corner, and scored direct from the corner. Ended up loaning him out

Second season I have been using Brad Smith and Ward as my main LB and GK backup

I'll be keeping the likes of Dhanda, Rossiter, TA-A, Wilson and Kent but others will be ushered quietly out the door.

They gave me 15m for him! I should have tried for more!!

I also got the keeper, but no WP, I'll loan him out and reapply next year, hopefully he will have played enough then.

Managed to get Jefferson in goal and butland was listed by request! ( got him for 7m) so I could not really pass up on that deal!

Now to shift mignolet!

Few youngsters like hagi, ajer, etc in for minimal fees and augustinsson for left back cover, he looks a reasonable prospect!

I sold off Lovren for 19.5. Set asking to £20m, PSG offered £10m. I was like "lol" and set it to £19.5 and then practically **** myself laughing when they accepted. ;)

Cheers for that, am currently trying Firmino as IF from AML and he's had his best game by a mile, 2 goals and 8.8 rating. Next game 6.1 and could barely find a teammate!

Both Benteke and Balotelli will be sold as things stand, looking to bring in Berahino and Icardi if I can get enough money together.

Also plan to completely gut the U21s as the vast majority aren't going to cut it.

I started the season with a 4-3-3 as my main formation and Firmio was killing it from the if-a role. However, I was unhappy with wingers' defensive contributions (both on support and attack duty). We were being hit too often on the break and I also felt that on attack duty they were too far removed from my cms to play a possession game. I then moved the wide ams back into the midfield line and played him as a cm-a and he was fantastic. I don't remember his exact stats, but he finished the season with around 13 goals and 13 assists and an average rating of around 7.6 in about 30 or 35 starts. After Coutinho (who was amazing as a wide playmaker and won PFA Player of the season btw), he was probably our most impressive and consistent player.

I was just looking at some of my players' descriptions and noticed that Coutinho was described as a "tireless midfielder". Does anyone have any idea how the game decides which description to apply to a player who fits multiple descriptions? I know it's not a big deal, but I just found it funny that the game decided that "tireless midfielder" was more apt than a flamboyant or cultured midfielder.

Archived