The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

800px-Norwich_City.svg.thumb.png.17212d2b2488188d2d9a14dde35c8a74.pngpoland.thumb.png.ed214291e2d1932e017fa1b98addfff7.png

2019/20 Season

Recapping on the previous season I had just got Norwich promoted back to the Premier League. As well as that I'd taken over with Poland with Euro 2020 approaching. 

2019/20 Season - Premier League - Norwich City

I signed a few to bolster the 1st team squad but not a huge amount. Ronaldo Viera from Leeds was the pick of the lot, I did sign him for £25 million but he was my star player, in all competitions he played 36 games got 12 goals, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.48. I stupidly agreed to a release clause in his contract of £32.5 million which Atletico Madrid have just met. A little disappointing but was a good player to have if only a year.

League

Very decent campaign and very happy to have qualified for the Champions League finishing in 4th place with Norwich. Was happy to finish 4th but the way some of the big teams turned me over wasn't great. Pretty chuffed with it but means nothing if I don't win the qualifier. 

League Cup

Last year I got to the Semi Finals and was gutted to have been knocked out by Arsenal. This year was even worse, a real kick in the teeth as I lost to Man Utd in the final.  Was really hoping to break my duck. I seem to have good luck in the cup competitions as I tend to always have biggish squads with like for like ability, while the bigger teams tend to play youngsters, a Regen called Adam Flint scored in the final who is fast becoming a real pain in the arse for me. 

FA Cup

So Man Utd beat me in the Semi Final 1-0. You can probably guess who scored the goal.......... Adam Flint. Had a pretty easy route to get to the Semi Finals but Man United are an absolute force on my save winning Premier League and League cup this year. Just building a really solid team there. 

EURO 2020 - Poland

My first international tournament with Poland. I was actually quietly confident as Lewandowski and Milik will always get goals and a generally decent spine in Glik, Bielik, Krychowiak and Linetty. Also had a few very good Regens coming through who I Theo Walcott'ed into the tournament squad. 

Group Stage

We started the tournament thrashing Greece 4-0, which included hat trick from Milik. Followed this result was a 2-2 draw with Holland and we won the group after beating Croatia 1-0. Very content to have won a pretty tough group. 

2nd Round

We beat Austria 3-1, a tricky team with Alaba and Arnautovic but Lewandowski double sealed our place in the Quarter Final. 

Quarter Final 

I was very happy to draw Ukraine in the Quarter Final, it was probably the easiest draw we could have had and we scraped through with a 1-0 win. 

Semi Final

So we had drawn a good Portugal in the Semi's I thought we'd probably met our match here after having a fairly favourable draw all the way. Remarkably we beat them 4-2 a Macierzynski brace as well as goals from Kedziora and Zielinski. I never dreamed we would get to the final. Could we go all the way and lift the trophy?

Final

In front of us and the trophy was a ridiculously good France team. They won 2-1 but that really flattered us to be honest. Nonetheless I was chuffed we got this far.

Review

All in all, feel a bit gutted I am still without a trophy but I've built my reputation to 65% in 4 seasons which I'm pretty happy with. After Euro 2020, Spain and Italy sacked their managers and Lewandowski retired from international football. I've therefore resigned from Poland hoping to land either of them two jobs. I'm also applying for jobs in the hope of jumping out of Norwich. They've given me £40 million to spend and that isn't going to get me near the big clubs. I want to move somewhere I can start ticking off some trophies. I now feel I have the reputation to land a decent job so hopefully I will have 2 new jobs soon. 

Season | Team             |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17| Stevenage        |10th     | Took over with 24 games left in 19th position
2017/18| Stevanage        |1st      | Left for Norwich job after 35 games
2017/18| Norwich          |18th     | Relegated
2018/19| Norwich          |1st      | CHAMPIONS!
2019/20| Norwich          |4th      | Qualified for Champions League

International
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Euro 2020                 | Poland                | Runners up 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a number of attempts to start this challenge and troubleshooting my way through, ive finally progressed a little and got my first job in December with FC Tombov (Russian tier 2) after rejecting offers from a few Vanarama National League teams.  The mission was to fight relegation, sitting 3rd from bottom (in a league that relegates 5) and 6 points away from safety with 14 games left.  To my nooby surprise, my next fixture was scheduled in late March which got me thinking ive wasted the year, however it did was allow me to scout the whole of Russia up and down with the transfer window opening on the 28th Jan. Albeit, I had no transfer budget to play with and was over on my payroll budget of $1.4m.   For my second surprise, Ive noted that in this version of FM, you need to have a transfer budget to release players! :seagull:   shows how long  haven't played!

Anyways, after a few shrewd free transfers and loan signings (also found out late on in the piece you can only have 3 non Russian players in the starting XI)  im 7 games in and have won 5 and drawn 2 and find myself 5 points clear of relegation.  Ive been offered a year extension which ive agreed to sign.  Im relatively confident I can get the team promoted next season although im not a fan of the huge break in between the season so ill be keeping my option open.   My rating hasn't changed so I doubt I can get anything better yet...

Ive attached my starting profile. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers

profile.JPG

Pug's Season Update 2030-31

tId6vF4.png

As In My Last Post Just Took Over At Rangers(Contract). With Them Finishing 2nd Behind Celtic, Not Much Money To Spend I Went About Getting The

Players I Needed. The League Was Really Easy And A Record Of 23 Wins 9 Draws And 1 Loss. It Was Then Onto The Champions Group And Another

5 Wins To Claim The Title. Results 1Results 2Final Table .

The Scottish League Cup We Got To The Semis, And A Defeat To Celtic Didn't Go Down To Well. League Cup .

In The Scottish Cup We Got All The Way To The Final, Beating Our Rivals Celtic In The Quarters. Win The Final Against Hearts And A Scottish Double. Scottish Cup .

In The Champions League We Had A Fairly Easy Ride To The Group Stage. The Group Of Chelsea Dortmund And Fiorentina Plus Us, And With Some Very Good

Results We Topped The Group. Group . Next Up Was Bayern And A 5-2 Win Away From Home, Give Me Confidence To Get To The Next Round. But Bayern

Turn Up At Our Place And Batter Us 10-0 Yes (Ten). Results . So It Was Time To Move On To My Next Challenge.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
                               1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont    CWC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2017/18    Ulsan Hyundai       Won
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Gladbach            Won            Won         Won
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2021/22    Fluminense          Won            Won
2022/23    Tigres              Won                        Won
2023/24    Liverpool           Won            Won  Won
2024/25    PSG                                Won  Won
2025/26    PSG                 Won
2026/27    Fiorentina          Won            Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won         Won     Won
2028/29    Go Ahead
2029/30    Valencia            Won            Won
2030/31    Rangers             Won            Won

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation    Cups                                                                     Others & Notes
                  World Cup   Confed Cup   Euro's   AFC   ACON   Gold Cup   Copa America

2018/19 Nigeria                                           Won
2019/21 USA                                                      Won
2023/24 China
2023/24 S Korea
2023/24 Brazil                Won
2025/26 Brazil    Won
2026/27 Brazil                                                              Won
2028/29 Australia
2029/30 England   Won
Challenge Progress

Club

10/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-Mexico-England-France-Italy-S Africa-Spain-Scotland)
9/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-England-France-Italy-S Africa-Spain-Scotland)
5/5   Continentals Cups (Ulsan-Gladbach-Fluminense-Tigres-Kaizer Chiefs)
1/1   Club World Cup (Ulsan)

International

3/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA-Brazil)
2/2   World Tournaments (Brazil-Brazil)

@pug 407 Almost there now, although as others have found, getting those international trophies at the end can be an ordeal.

@skills Good luck in Russia. Could be a decent place to start, as long as one avoids relegation in the first season. I quite liked the break in Russia actually when I was doing the youth challenge, because it made the arrival of new regens arrive earlier, and of course I wasn't phaffing about with signing new players, but it does mean that you have two off-seasons that you have to get your players fit for. Instant results are your friend, plus I guess setting up your squad selection so that your assman selects your unfit players for you.

@YellowLittle Splendid progress. Are you a Norwich fan and therefore going to find it difficult to jump ship to a bigger club if the opportunity arises? It's very unlikely that I'll ever manage my favourite team Bradford (Hibs are my childhood club),  in this challenge, because one can't get a first job with them, and it probably wouldn't make sense to go there for a second job, but maybe in FM18 they'll be coded well enough to get promoted straight away and it might become an option. As my (for now aborted) attempt at this challenge has involved 2 teams where I've lived, I suppose I could load up England if I ever win the Lib with UdeChile, and see if I can get the Bradford job. Not sure I can endure 20 or so more years of getting knocked out of the champions league early in the youth challenge.

@shirajzl The challenge is supposed to hurt. Happiness and mental stability are bourgeois concepts.

I thought there was a completely new starter to the challenge that I hadn't welcomed yet. They must have not only given up, but chosen to hidden their post. I guess that challenge attempt didn't go well.

I note that Gundo's challenge has a trademark stamp on it now. I should try to do that with this challenge. It's so annoying when people start a thread and say, I'm doing the Ultimate Challenge. I'm going to win every trophy in the world / take Spurs to the Premier League title. It's not the Ultimate Challenge. This is the only Ultimate Challenge, and these heretics are trying to bring anarchy and chaos to the world. They must be stopped.

Edited by vikeologist

@vikeologist Indeed I am a massive Norwich fan, I think because of that I was able to leap from League 2 to the Premier League in such little time. I do intend to move on soon though because it'll take too long to get them pushing for title. Man United are ridiculously good on my save and Norwich gave me a pretty poor budget so disappointed with that and looking to move now my rep is at 65%. Quick update I've got the Spain job following my resignation from Poland. Happy with that. 

2036/37 Season - Real Madrid

Image result

Once again apologies for the slow updates, real life stuff getting in the way! Well I've eventually managed to finish the season with Real Madrid and it's gone pretty well.

La Liga - An amazing season, 2 defeats, 1 draw and 35 wins, Barcelona were left trailing and we won the league with 3 games to spare

Champions League - Poor, poor, poor, we scraped through the group stage and were knocked out by Man City in the 1st KO Round.

Spanish Cup - An easy cup win, never really troubled, beat Vallecano 9-1 in the semi finals and smashed Levante 5-0 in the final

What next? - Let's keep moving, I still have England and Germany to complete so 2 more chances to win the Champions League. I'm resigning straight the way, I have the Confed Cup with Italy next then I'll be leaving them so it'll be a fresh start both domestically and internationally

Season   Team   		 Position  Notes and Achievements
17/18	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African 1st Division Champs
18/19	Thanda Royal Zulu	1st		South African Premier Division Champs
19/20	Thanda Royal Zulu	2nd 		SA Knockout Cup and Super 8 Winner
2021	Thanda Royal Zulu			African Champions League Winners
2022	Shanggang		1st		Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
23/24	Cruz Azul		4th/4th		Mexican Opening Stage and Mexican Cup Champions
24/25	Cruz Azul		1st/6th		Nothing Won!
26/27 	Monterray		1st/1st		Opening/Closing Stage Winner and NACL Winners
28/29 	Hibernian		4th		Nothing won
29/30	Hibernian		2nd		Scottish Cup Winners
30/31	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina Premier Division Winners
31/32	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina League and Cup Winners + Copa Sudamericana Winners
2032	San Lorenzo				Copa Libertadores Winners and Club World Champs
32/33	Juventus		2nd		Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
33/34	Juventus		1st		Serie A, Italian Cup and Europa League Winners
35/36 	PSG			1st			A French League and Cup treble!
36/37	Real Madrid		1st			League and Cup Double

International
28-30	Ivory Coast		2029 ACON Winners
33-	Italy			2034 World Cup Winners
				2036 Euro Champs Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

7/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037)

8/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037)

4/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027, San Lorenzo - Argentina 2032)

1/1 club world championship - San Lorenzo 2032

International

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa - Ivory Coast 2029, Europe - Italy 2036)

1/2 world tournaments - (World Cup - Italy 2034)

Edited by Cheekybananafm

2037 Confederations Cup - Italy

I was hoping to bring you great news! To tell you how we smashed everyone and lifted the trophy!

Errr no we were absolute rubbish.

Group Stage - A 1-0 defeat to Brazil was bad, we followed this up with a 3-1 win over Iran. Mexico were last to play and we had to win to go through, we drew 0-0 and were out

Well that was a nice easy update wasn't it.

I've now quit my job with Italy, not a bad few years. World Cup 2034 and Euro Champ 2036 Winners. It's now time to get a job in South America, North America or Asia to win those International Trophies.

In others news - I have a domestic job! And it's with my boyhood team Liverpool. They came 3rd last season and their boss took my old job at Real Madrid, should be a good challenge!

59972aa90d30b_MTHATHABUCKSFC.png.11f55ba0c2344fb9ef418cf91f2af59d.png

Season 2017/18 - Mthatha Bucks - South African Premier League

First season after promotion so had a very high turnover of players, not that it mattered as most will probably be on the way again this summer as they annoyed me this season. We ended 7th which isn't bad really, but could have been so much better, 4 games to go we were within touching distance of 2nd spot, we obviously went on to only get 1 point from these 4 games to end where we did. Was a frustrating season as we won our first 3 games then only 2 more wins till December, after the winter break we found form and only lost 1 of our next 11 before the poor final 4 games, most frustrating is that in the final 15 games away we gave away 7 penalties! Just threw points away, so a defensive rebuild is in order for next season.

In the cups we made it to 2nd round before being knocked out, nothing really to say. A frustrating season for sure (which is probably why it took me so long to get through :D)

Career Overview

Year		Club			Country		League position		Achievements 
2016/17		Mthatha Bucks		South Africa	3rd 			Promotion
2017/18		Mthatha Bucks		South Africa	7th 			

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10
0/10
0/5   
0/1   

International

0/5   
0/2   

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 17:37, vikeologist said:

and yes, you should be able to just start using it on your save. 

do most people use this to fly through a season for this challenge?   Ive always been reluctant to use an instant result button as I convince myself that I have the ability to influence the result in game 

Australia-1908-(blue)l.jpg

Australia Asian Cup 2059 Report

Here we go with another international competition, can I finally win one now that it isn't taking place in Africa? Honestly we really should win this as we are by far the best team in it. Our squad is very capable and we've hovered in the top 10 of the world rankings for the last 4 years. We reached several record highs, at one point even being ranked 3rd in the world. IN last years world cup we won our group easily but were then unlucky to be knocked out in the 2nd round in a game that finished 4-3 to Serbia. We've drawn a group with Oman and both Koreas. here's how we went:

Group stage:

Spoiler

Australia 5-0 Oman (goals from Gatt x3, Robinson x2) An easy start as we tore Oman apart without breaking a sweat.

Australia 6-0 South Korea (goals from Stojanov, Robinson x2, Kostis, Parkhouse) This was unexpected but we completely destroyed a team I thought would give us a game!

Australia 4-0 North Korea (goals from Knott x2, Stojanov, Hughes) We'd already qualified for the next round but still put in a good performance. 3 wins, 15 scored and 0 conceded is a great start to the tournament, now we play Vietnam in the next round.

Second round (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 10-0 Vietnam (goals from Parkhouse x3, Kostis x3, Robinson x3, Breckenridge) Oh boy... I've never had three players score hat tricks in the same match before. Ash Parkhouse scored within 30 seconds and had a hat trick within 10 minutes. How on earth did they get through their group??? Unfortunately our best centre back suffered a spinal injury so is out for the tournament.

Quarter final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 4-3 UAE (goals from Kostis, Robinson x2, o.g.) We got a real bad scare here but we held our nerve and saw out a very close victory. Another injury to a key player is not good news however. On to probably the toughest other team in the competition: Iran, in the semi finals

Semi final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 1-2 Iran (goal from Kostis) And we're out. We scored a good goal to go ahead and were holding out well until we had a man sent off in the 58th minute. They then scored two goals like clockwork and we were out as quick as that. An incredibly disappointing game that we should not have lost.

3rd place playoff (if applicable):

Spoiler

Australia 5-3 Saudi Arabia (goals from Davidson, Lucas, Stojanov x3) Instant resulted.

Final (if applicable):

Spoiler

Aftermath

Spoiler

This was really disappointing. We should no doubt have won this competition. We have such a good squad and have been incredible for the last 4 years, losing only 3 games in that period. I don't know what i'm doing wrong but I just can't seem to win these last international tournaments. I'm incredibly bored and fed up with international management and it is such a drag to get through several years in-game just to have your hopes crushed in a game like that. I don't know what i'll do now and I have no idea if i'll actually be able to finish this challenge. I don't know why my teams bottle important games so consistently. My entire back four always has a nightmare of a game despite years of consistency, usually involving a back-pass that leads to a goal and the team just never gets going. I'll update again soon but I just do not know what to try at this point. Really gutted about this one. It's been ten years since I finished club management with no progress to report. 

5 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

do most people use this to fly through a season for this challenge?   Ive always been reluctant to use an instant result button as I convince myself that I have the ability to influence the result in game 

Usually I just use it for friendlies, including international ones. However, you can get to the point where you're dominant domestically, and are staying at a club just to get the champions League, and it's definitely worth using then. I do think my results are better if I manage the team myself, but it's worth using where your team is so good, your assman's not going to muck it up, or where you don't care.

Some people pretty much holiday their way through seasons, while others micro-manage.

Another thing I use is an automatic continue game which means that you can usually get a coffee while your computer is processing the week's events.

@Fadedaf Frankly I'm running out of ways to commiserate, and think you should change your name to @Cursedaf. I was in your situation where I had to win 2 international trophies at the end of the challenge, and it took me 16 years to get the last one. I took me the first 4 of those  years to get a Asian national job.

30 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Usually I just use it for friendlies, including international ones. However, you can get to the point where you're dominant domestically, and are staying at a club just to get the champions League, and it's definitely worth using then. I do think my results are better if I manage the team myself, but it's worth using where your team is so good, your assman's not going to muck it up, or where you don't care.

Some people pretty much holiday their way through seasons, while others micro-manage.

Another thing I use is an automatic continue game which means that you can usually get a coffee while your computer is processing the week's events.

@Fadedaf Frankly I'm running out of ways to commiserate, and think you should change your name to @Cursedaf. I was in your situation where I had to win 2 international trophies at the end of the challenge, and it took me 16 years to get the last one. I took me the first 4 of those  years to get a Asian national job.

I think when the original author of the challenge created this, he had something like this in mind. It was seen as almost impossible to complete this challenge. Then people have proven it to be fully possible, and some can even finish this very fast. But if you fall out of luck with the international titles, it takes you so much more time to complete this. It can really take a lot of your motivation to finish the challenge.

Best of luck @Fadedaf you can do this for sure ;)

23 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Awesome thanks for the continued advice!

I like the idea of the auto continued game, any idea where I can get that?

2037/38 Season Review - Liverpool

1058134.thumb.jpg.3a1785f6fcdec477c068fc40ef1b347b.jpg

Another incredible season!

Premier League - After a pretty rubbish start where we lost 4 of our first 8 games we went on a run of epic proportions only losing 1 of the last 30 winning the Premier league title with 3 games to spare. Liverpool first title since 1990!

FA Cup - A really easy run to the final, we were never really tested. We played Man City in the final, the game was incredible, full time it ended 2-2, into extra time and Man City scored right on the half time whistle. We tried to score but couldn't find a way through and lost the game 3-2. Gutting!

Champions League - We topped a group containing Juventus, Nice and Dinamo Zagreb. We then beat Leverkusen in KO Rd 1, Man City in the Quarters and Schalke in the Semis. We played Atletico Madrid in the final at the San Siro and my god what a tense game! Half time 0-0, Atletico scored on the hour mark but we equalised in the final minute. Extra time came and went and so it went to penalties. And due to some poor shooting and good goalkeeping Atletico missed their first 3 penalties. We scored ours to win the shootout 3-0! EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!!!!

In Other News - I have a new international job in North America with Mexico, World Cup 2038 next but as I've already won it won't talk about this, next up is the 2039 Gold Cup. I'm also leaving Liverpool, I still have 2 leagues and 2 cups to win, need to get Germany done then it's probably Austria as my final destination.

2022	Shanggang		1st		Chinese Super League, Chinese Cup and Asian Champions League Winners
31/32	San Lorenzo		1st		Argentina League and Cup Winners + Copa Sudamericana Winners
37/38	Liverpool		1st		Premier league and Champions league Winners

International
				2036 Euro Champs Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

8/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037, England - Liverpool 2038)

8/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037)

5/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027, South America - San Lorenzo 2032, Europe - Liverpool 2038)

International

59972aa90d30b_MTHATHABUCKSFC.png.11f55ba0c2344fb9ef418cf91f2af59d.pngorlando-pirates.png.257f88a8224b2cfc55f60f2739768180.png

Season 2018/19 Review

So the season started at Mthatha Bucks where I continued to my revolution of the squad. The issue was the players coming were better than what we had but due to finances they were still pretty average. A slowish start to the season before we hit a run of 7 straight wins, but most of these were fortunate wins and I wasn't entirely happy with how the team were performing, that was till we played Orlando Pirates and smashed them 6-0 causing them to sack their manager. Saw that I was 3rd favourite for the job so thought I'd apply and see what happens, before the interview we played Kaizer Chiefs and smashed them 4-0 so was prepared to stay where I was, took a week or so but finally got the interview with the Pirates and went well, while waiting for them to back to me they had 3 games and won all 3 going up to 3rd while we had 1 and lost leaving us 2nd so assumed they would appoint their caretaker and that would be that but then they offered me the job. Thought about it for like 5 seconds and made the decision to jump to the much bigger club.

Upon taking over the squad was good but not suited to my usual formations due to the lack of forwards and the quality out wide, I abandoned my trusty 4312 for a more standard 4231. My first game in charge was a Telkom semi final against, who else, Mthatha Bucks! A crazy 4-3 win (wouldn't be the last mental game with them this season) saw us win and make the final against Cape Town. We won that 1-0 to secure my first trophy in South Africa.

The main South African cup is the Nedbank cup and we entered that in the new year, a huge win in the first round against another premier league club showed the quality of this squad. We had a fairly comfortable run to the final where we would met Mthatha Bucks once again, and again it was a mental game, 2 early goals had 2-0 down, we fought back to 2-2 before the hour mark before falling behind again, dragged it back to 3-3. Stayed that way till FT, in extra time we scored 2 quick goals to put us in front for the first time before they pulled one back with 6 mins to go. Thankfully that was the end as we won 5-4 to secure a cup double.

As an added bonus we were in the CAF Confederation Cup (Africa's Europa League I suppose) I'm not sure how and why we were in as the club hadn't finished in top 4 either season or won a cup so I assume it was thanks to being runners up one year. We've been pretty comfortable so far winning every game. Not fussed about this aside for what winning would do for my own reputation.

In the league I was hoping for a title challenge, was a strange season as due to our cup runs we were often left playing catch up, at one point we were 10th with 3 games in hand new reports were saying how I was underachieving, the pressure of managing a big club eh? With put cup runs and suffering the odd defeat (developed an annoying habit of losing back to back games then going on another winning run) I was playing games every few days (at one stage we had a run of games that went Sat-Mon-Wed-Sat) I lost track of what was going on, just constantly rotating where I could to try and pick up wins. In the end we found ourselves 2nd with a game to go just 2 points off the top, we won our last game as did Wilts so they won back to back titles but it does mean we're in the Champions League. We only really found form in 2nd half of the season but bolds well for next year. Didn't make many transfers in jan as struggled to find players I liked, got a few lined up for the summer though so title win is the target next season. Our form this year was helped with outstanding performances from left winger Riyaad Norodien with his 15 goals and 22 assists and Tendai Ndoro with an insane 41 goals in 44 games! 

Career Overview

2018/19		Orlando Pirates		South Africa	2nd 			Took over in November, Telkon & Nedbank Cup wins
Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues
1/10 Domestic Cups - (South Africa 2019)
0/5  Club continental cups  
0/1  Club World Championships 

International

0/5   Continental tournaments 
0/2	World Tournaments 	

Edited by darren1983

Pug's Update Season 2031-32

Qn20OVl.png

So A Bit Of A Surprise My First Team On This Challenge Came Up, So I Applied And Got The Job. Contract .The Best Thing About It I Must

Have Left A Very Good Team. Background . As You Can See They've Done Great In The Last 15 Years. So With That In Mind It Was On To The

Season, To Hopefully Get The 1 Trophy I Needed. Up 1st Was The Super Cup And A Hard 3-2 Win. Result . In The League The 1st 21 Games

Were All Won. The Champions League Was Also All Wins For Us. 1st 21 GamesChampions League Results . But The Only Trophy I Wanted

Or Needed Was The Cup, But A Disasters And A Good Trouncing Put Us Out. Cup Result . So In A Fit Of Embarrassment I Resigned.

EQQOfLF.png

Next Up For My England Team Was The European Championships. A Group Of Sweden, Belgium And Turkey And 3 Wins Out Of 3. In The

2nd Round Was Russia And A 6-0 Win. Next Up Was A Q-Final With Romania And A 4-0 Win. In The Semis We Were Drawn Against The Ukraine

And Another 4-0 Win. The Final Was A Match Against Portugal And A Easy 5-1Win, Despite Going A Goal Down After 11mins. ResultsJob History .

Time To Resign And Try For My Last International Trophy.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

Season    Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Others & Notes
2016/17    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Took Over In 16th Finished 6th
2017/18    Hunan Xiangtao                                                              Left After 20 Games
2018/19    Ulsan Hyundai       Won            Won         Won     Won                  All 4 Trophys
2018/19    Gladbach
2019/20    Gladbach                           Won                                      Won DFB And Euro League
2020/21    Fluminense                                     Won                          Took Over In 14th Finished 8th
2028/29    Go Ahead
2031/32    Hunan Xiangtao

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

Season Nation    Cups                                                                     Others & Notes

2023/24 China
2023/24 S Korea
2025/26 Brazil    Won
2028/29 Australia
2029/30 England   Won
2031/32 England                             Won
  Challenge Progress

Club

10/10  Top Domestic leagues (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-Mexico-England-France-Italy-S Africa-Spain-Scotland)
9/10  Top Domestic Cups (S/Korea-Germany-Brazil-England-France-Italy-S Africa-Spain-Scotland)

International

4/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA-Brazil-Enlgand)

6 minutes ago, pug 407 said:

Pug's Update Season 2031-32

Qn20OVl.png

So A Bit Of A Surprise My First Team On This Challenge Came Up, So I Applied And Got The Job. Contract .The Best Thing About It I Must

Have Left A Very Good Team. Background . As You Can See They've Done Great In The Last 15 Years. So With That In Mind It Was On To The

Season, To Hopefully Get The 1 Trophy I Needed. Up 1st Was The Super Cup And A Hard 3-2 Win. Result . In The League The 1st 21 Games

Were All Won. The Champions League Was Also All Wins For Us. 1st 21 GamesChampions League Results . But The Only Trophy I Wanted

Or Needed Was The Cup, But A Disasters And A Good Trouncing Put Us Out. Cup Result . So In A Fit Of Embarrassment I Resigned.

EQQOfLF.png

Next Up For My England Team Was The European Championships. A Group Of Sweden, Belgium And Turkey And 3 Wins Out Of 3. In The

2nd Round Was Russia And A 6-0 Win. Next Up Was A Q-Final With Romania And A 4-0 Win. In The Semis We Were Drawn Against The Ukraine

And Another 4-0 Win. The Final Was A Match Against Portugal And A Easy 5-1Win, Despite Going A Goal Down After 11mins. ResultsJob History .

Time To Resign And Try For My Last International Trophy.

CLUB CAREER
                                                                -----------

2018/19    Gladbach
2028/29    Go Ahead
2031/32    Hunan Xiangtao

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                           --------------------

2023/24 China
2023/24 S Korea
2025/26 Brazil    Won
2028/29 Australia
2029/30 England   Won
2031/32 England                             Won

Challenge Progress

Club

International

4/5   Continental Tournaments (Nigeria-USA-Brazil-Enlgand)

Great work @pug 407 one more cup title shouldn't be a problem, so you just need to find a good Asian country. Hopefully the job of South Korea or Australia can open up again ;) This could be a record finish

logo_westham.png               kr.png

Season 2032/33

West Ham United and South Korea

We've had a pretty exciting season by West Ham's standards.

After our FA Cup win last season, I played the reserves in both domestic cups. We were knocked out of the EFL cup by Southampton in round 4, but we reached the last four in our defence of the FA Cup, including beating Man City 2-1 in the quarter finals. However, we just couldn't get any further, losing 5-2 to Spurs at Wembley in the semi final, after extra time. The most frustrating aspect of it was that we were 2-1 up going into the last ten minutes of normal time. Ultimately, our long season started to catch up with us.

We had a really good league campaign, and finished 5th, just outside the Champions League places, 2 points behind Spurs. We only have ourselves to blame, though. We absolutely bottled it in the run-in. With four games to go, we were 7 points clear of Spurs. Successive defeats to Middlesbrough, Swansea and Everton meant Spurs overtook us, and a last day win at West Brom wasn't enough in the end.

There's room for improvement in this team, though. Across all domestic competitions, we have beaten Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs. The issue is, all of those wins came at home. In the away fixtures we lost 5-3 to Spurs, 3-2 to Man City, 6-1 to Man Utd, 5-1 to Arsenal, 5-3 to Liverpool and 4-0 to Chelsea. That's 28 goals conceded in 6 games. I'm clearly going to need to address that in the summer.

However, the biggest success of our season came in the Europa League. A group of PSV, PAOK and Rubin Kazan was easily navigated, as was a potentially tricky last 32 tie with Villareal. Borussia Monchengladbach were up next, and we blew them away at times. A 5-3 away leg victory, with Mario Hrupec grabbing a hattrick, and Joe Shorrock grabbing a brace. A Santos Dominguez double was the highlight of the return leg, where we won 3-2. Roma were next up (the people doing the draw certainly didn't like us with this run!) and we were exceptional. A 2-0 home leg win was followed up by a 3-0 away leg victory in the Stadio Olimpico. Considering some of our domestic wins this season, it might come as a surprise to say this was my favourite win. We were in total control for 90 minutes, and 3-0 flattered them completely. Sporting were our semi-final opponents, and it was a tense affair over the two legs. Despite being outplayed at times in the first leg at home, we somehow grabbed a precious 2-1 lead to take to Lisbon. In the return leg, we started like a train, going 2-0 up inside ten minutes, with Santos Dominguez and centre back Caspar Gray, the same two goalscorers as the first leg, putting us in a commanding position. And then it suddenly fell apart. By the 48th minute, Sporting had scored 3, and the tie was on a knife edge. 4-4 on aggregate, with us ahead on away goals. We both had chances, but none were taken, and we found ourselves heading to Lille to play Schalke in the final. The deadlock was broken in the 43rd minute with yet another Caspar Gray goal. Unfortunately, it was past his own keeper, meaning we found ourselves 1-0 down at half time.  We pushed forward, and with 20 minutes to go Mario Hrupec smashed in an equalizer. We continued going for it, but couldn't find a winner in normal time, meaning an extra 30 minutes were to be played. We continued to be the most likely to score, and with just 5 minutes to go before the dreaded penalty shoot out, Mario Hrupec stepped up, as he has done all season long, to poke in the winner at the near post, sending the travelling Hammers into raptures, and sealing the Europa League!

Player-wise, new centre back Caspar Gray, a £12.5m signing from Spurs, had a good season, averaging 7.27. However, its my front three of AMR Santos Dominguez (22 goals and 12 assists), AML Joe Shorrock (24 goals and 21 assists) and striker Mario Hrupec (32 goals and 17 assists) who were responsible for our successes. Dominguez came in on a free from Real Madrid last summer, and has been phenomenal all season long. I can't believe I convinced him to come to West Ham. If he can produce like that again next season I'll be hard-pressed not to include him in my overall Challenge XI. The same can be said for the other two as well.

So what now? Well, a transfer budget of just over £50m is tempting me to stay and have a real crack at the league. I'll need to sort out the defensive issues when we go away to the big sides, but if we can do that then we could go close. That said, if one of the big clubs abroad or in England came calling, I may leave. Internationally, its been much the same. We'll qualify for the World Cup, but my main aim is building towards an Asian Cup win in 2035.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Dungannon     9th            Irish Cup winners, Mid-Ulster Cup winners

2018            Sligo Rovers    1st             League winners!

2019            Tianjin              1st             League winners!

2020            Tianjin              8th            FA Cup winners! Champions League winners!

2021            Montreal         4th            League (MLS Cup) winners!

2022            Montreal         1st             Won MLS Supporters' Shield, currently in last 8 of NACL

2023            Montreal          N/A          NACL winners!

2023            Palmeiras        9th           Brazilian Cup winners!

2024/25      Ajax                  1st            League winners!

2025/26     Unemployed

2026/27     Orlando Pirates  8th      Took over with 10 games to go.

2027/28     Orlando Pirates  4th      SA Knockout Cup winners!

2028/29     Orlando Pirates   2nd    SA FA Cup winners!

2029/30     Orlando Pirates   1st     League Winners! SA FA Cup winners!

2030          Orlando Pirates    1st     Champions League winners!

2031          Unemployed

2031/32    Stoke                      17th   Left after two months five points clear of the drop zone

2031/32    West Ham              9th     FA Cup winners!

2032/33    West Ham              5th     Europa League winners!

Country

2021           Ivory Coast         Qualified for the World Cup

2022           Ivory Coast         World Cup quarter finalists. Quarter finalists in CHAN. Qualified for African Cup of Nations

2023          Ivory Coast         African Cup of Nations winners!

2024          Unemployed

2025          USA                     Qualified for World Cup

2026          USA                     Lost in World Cup Semi Final (finished 3rd). Upto 5th in the world

2027          USA                     North American Gold Cup winners!              

2028          USA                     World Cup qualification is going well

2029          USA                     Lost in Confederations Cup Semi Final (finished 4th)

2030         Unemployed

2031         South Korea       East Asia Cup winners!

2032         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

2033         South Korea       Qualification for the World Cup is going well

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues - Republic of Ireland (Sligo), China (Tianjin), USA (Montreal), Netherlands (Ajax), South Africa (Orlando Pirates)

5/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Tianjin), Brazil (Palmeiras), South Africa (Orlando Pirates), England (West Ham)

4/5 club continental championships - Asian Champions League (Tianjin), NACL (Montreal Impact), African Champions League (Orlando Pirates), Europa League (West Ham)

0/1 club world championship -

International

2/5 continental tournaments - African Cup of Nations (Ivory Coast 2023), North American Gold Cup (USA 2027)

0/2 world tournaments -

Season Review 2019/20

orlando-pirates.png.257f88a8224b2cfc55f60f2739768180.png

After last season's 2nd spot the target was the title and the champions league. Squad was looking good so just strengthening was needed with transfers. We started the season with the CAF Confederation Cup where we continued to sail through winning all group games and both semi finals. We set a new record in the competition by winning all the games till the final. In the final we played rivals and defending champions Kaizer Chiefs, now while this cup doesn't count for the save, I was in the final, against rivals so I wanted to win. In the first leg we continued our winning ways with a 3-2 victory. In the return, home leg we fell behind early but were level by HT. We managed the 2nd half well till we picked up a red card, this allowed them back in and they took advantage, scoring quickly but still leaving us as winners on way goals. Till the 88th minute where our resistance was broken. A 1-3 loss saw them win the trophy again.

We also won the Carling Black label trophy against the chiefs. Before the season I decided to use back ups for cup games leaving us to focus on the league, we played the MTN8 cup and made our way to the final where we played last seasons league winners Wits. A tight affair was settled by late winner from our LB as we won 2-1. In the Telkom by backups made another final, which was another tight affair. 1-1 draw before winning on penalties. The other cup, the Nedbank Cup (main cup) the back ups couldn't make it 3 from 3 as they lost in the quarter finals.

The league was the target this season so with that in mind we started well before our many cup runs created postponements and rearrangements meant we were playing catch up, plus the form of Cape Town City was incredible. In the 2nd half of the season we started to crank up the pressure, winning 3 straight after the break including a 4-0 win over Cape Town, we then lost 2 of the next 3 to allow Cape Town room to breathe. 7 straight wins followed this as the pressure got to Cape Town and we went a point clear with 3 games to go. A poor 1-1 draw at home to lowly Bloem Celtic had me pulling my hair out, but Cape Town drew their game as well. so we were still 1 point clear with 2 to go. A another poor home game, this time against 3rd place SuperSport but a 88th minute OG got us a 1-0 win, Cape Town also won so we exactly as we were going into the final day. We were away to mid table Platinum Stars while they were home to 5th placed Sundowns. An early goal from us was quickly cancelled out and Cape Town taking the league in their game, Just before HT we gave away a penalty and were losing while Cape Town were winning. 2nd half we managed to get level but couldn't get the 3rd we needed, however a 83rd minute goal for Sundowns meant a draw was enough and we were league champions!!! Did our best to mess it up but got there in the end.

In the Champions league we had a pretty comfortable run to the group stages, only played 1 game so far and were comfortable till a red card changed it and we lost. Loads of time to turn it around though.

Career Progress

2018/19		Orlando Pirates		South Africa	2nd 			Took over in November. Telkon & Nedbank Cup wins		
2019/20		Orlando Pirates		SouthAfirca	1st			League, MTN8, Telkom winners
Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Top Domestic Leagues – South Africa 2020
1/10 Domestic Cups - South Africa 2019
0/5  Club continental cups  

International

0/2	  World Tournaments

2038/39 Season Review - Dortmund

photo.thumb.jpg.a59c50df8e3a63bcf7148cdd136b4ae4.jpg

Yes that's right I got my job in Germany pretty quickly after leaving Liverpool

Bundesliga - We smashed it, lost only 1 game which was away to Bayern, they were awful all season. We won the league with 7 games to spare, 9 down, 1 to go!

German Cup - Another cup win and like the leagues only 1 more left to win!

Champions League - We had a good run but were knocked out in the semi finals by PSG

What next? - I have a few countries loaded now, Holland, Austria, Portugal and Belgium to find my last domestic country. I'm also just about to start the Gold Cup with Mexico

38/39	Dortmund		1st		League and Cup Double

International
				2036 Euro Champs Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037, England - Liverpool 2038, Germany - Dortmund 2039)

9/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037, Germany - Dortmund 2039)

5/5 club continental championships (Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2021, Asian - Shanggang 2022, North America - Monterray 2027, South America - San Lorenzo 2032, Europe - Liverpool 2038)

International

59ac6bc0a9570_engbaboon.jpg.abf5c1602e5a98ce8fbb605e5e2d46fa.jpg

England 2046 World Cup report

It's 2046 in football manager world, and I feel like it's also been around 4 real-life years since my last update. Not much has changed: I am still managing England, and still trying to win the World Cup.

Soon after my last World Cup exit, I took over at Liverpool because I wanted to retrain positions of a couple of my England players. I ended up getting a bit carried away, buying a number of the England regulars and developing a few very good youngsters which now play a part in my much-refreshed England team. We won three titles and the Champions League along the way, and even though I didn’t need any of these for the challenge, it was a rather enjoyable management stint. I also won the Euros and Confed cup with England, ironically thrashing our conquerors from the last World Cup, Italy, 4-1 in the confed cup final.

Having gone to these outrageous lengths to maximise my chances in the coming World Cup, I am no doubt well-set for another excruciating final defeat. Or could it finally be the year, to end 80 years of hurt for one nation, and months of agony for a virtual football manager?

We have a tough-ish group with Holland, Ghana and Saudi Arabia to start us off. 

Group stage

Spoiler

Holland 1 - 2 England. Goals: Cooper, Pope

We kind-of did it the hard way, but a good performance from the villain-in-chief from the last World Cup final defeat – John Cooper (reminder; he gave away a needless pen and got sent off) ensured a victory.

England 2 – 0 Ghana. Goals: Wilcox, Pope

Solid if unspectacular.

Saudi Arabia 1 – 5 England. Goals: Lindsey, Swann x2, Barnett, o.g.

More or less as expected. Russia up next.

Second round (if applicable)

Spoiler

England 1 – 0 Russia. Goals: Lindsey.

A penalty apiece, we scored ours and Russia missed theirs. Amazingly I now actually have a striker who can take penalties. Germany next, need I say more…

Quarter final (if applicable)

Spoiler

England 4 – 0 Germany. Goals: Wilcox x2, Hollick, Bartlett

A seemingly unlikely result, but thoroughly deserved. Old rivals blown away. I just hope we haven’t peaked too early. A winnable-looking semi-final against Serbia awaits (btw, where are all the non-European teams again?)

Semi final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Serbia 0 – 1 England a.e.t.. Goals: Knowles

These lads never make it easy for themselves do they. It was a dull game, until my best midfielder Matthews got sent off for a reckless tackle half-way through the second half. Ironically that spurred us on (or more likely made Serbia play less defensively), and we managed to carve out a few chances before my Liverpool star striker Knowles towered above the Serbian defence and sealed it from a corner.

So then, who awaits us in the final? The destiny rolled its dice and it’s Italy, our conquerors four years ago. A chance to even out the scores then, but I would really much rather play somebody else.

Third place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Italy 0 – 1 England. Goals: Bartlett.

Well, we bloody well did it! In a rather unspectacular fashion, truth be told. No fireworks or excitement, just a very efficient Germanesque performance, restricting Italy to very few chances and building up pressure. As the first half was drawing to a close, my former Las Palmas wingback Jones crossed to my Liverpool youngster Bartlett for an easy tap-in, and that was more or less all of the action.

After the tournament

Spoiler

It’s a shame that I’ve already been on holiday because now would be the perfect time. So perhaps a screaming run round the block, a few cocktails (or, as an England boss, lagers?), and a weekend in the Bahamas will do. For now, here is the updated End-of-Challenge XI:

GK: Lewis Clarke (Liverpool/England)

350 apps for Liverpool, 110 caps for England, outstanding attributes – the man is a true legend

DR: Lars Schaefer (Dortmund)

Great in defence and going forward, but my Dortmund spell was so long ago that I can't remember any details...

DC: Nicolas Reimann (Dortmund)

Great in defence. Might have played a key role in my 2038 World Cup final defeat to Germany.

DC: Davide Ditomasso (Marseille)

You have to have an Italian defender in a good side

DL: Dirk Jan Büttner (Napoli)

Ripping it up for my Napoli team, he ended up having his glory days at Real Madrid after I left

MC: Thomas Devos (Dortmund)

A great all-round player, as far as I can remember

MC: Emanuel Pavone (Las Palmas)

A probably even-greater all-rounder

MC: Junior (Liverpool)

Signed on the cheap from Man City, had an average rating close to 8. They must have regretted letting him go.

AMC: Josh Pope (Liverpool/England)

Came through the youth ranks during my first stint at Liverpool. 121 goals in 316 for the club, 53 in 82 for the country, and finally a world cup winner.

AMC: Miguel “The Man” Rodriguez (Club America)

Was loaned to a rival when I joined, swiftly recalled and deadly in front of goal

ST: “Bruce” Lee-Sang Joon (Jeonnam, South Korea)

A goal machine in the league and internationally

Subs: Yasar Cetin (Marseille), Pedro Filipe (Marseille), Luis Osorio (MC, Club America), Abdul Diaby (AMLC/ST, Napoli/Ivory Coast), Patrick Besse (DC, Liverpool), Jack Jones (DR/DL, Las Palmas/England), Lee Ki-Ho (GK, Jeonnam, South Korea)

And now for a bit of nostalgia:
Profile at the end
Hall of fame 

Highlight of the challenge: Winning the Club World Cup with Jeonnam. And maybe the crazy 5-4 win with South Korea in the Asian Cup semi against Japan.

Lowlight of the challenge: If lowlight wasn't a real word, it would need to be created to describe the three world cup final defeats in a row between 2034 and 2042.

Progress summary:

Club Career:

Season     |   Team                |       Division      |   League  |        Cups          |   Notes & Achievements
		------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		2016/17    |   Accrington          |  League 2 (ENG)     |   4       |        n/a           |   Took over in December (team in 20th), lost on penalties in playoff final
		2017/18    |   Accrington          |  League 2 (ENG)     |   1       |        n/a           |   Promotion; League 2 points record (104). Moved to Sheffield Utd at end of season
		2018/19    |   Sheffield Utd       |  Championship (ENG) |   1       |        n/a           |   Promoted
		2019/20    |   Sheffield Utd       |  Premiership (ENG)  |   7       |        semi          | 
		2021       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   5       |        n/a           |   Joined when 10th in the league, after a one-year job search
		2022       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |        won           |   Domestic double   
		2023       |   Jeonnam             |  K League (KOR)     |   1       |    won ACL + cup     |   A historic quadruple
		2023/24    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   9       |     won AfCL         |   A champions league win with an super-thin squad (joined in CL group stage)
		2024/25    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   2       |     won FA cup       |    
		2025/26    |   Ajax CT             |  South Afr Prem     |   1       |    won CL + 2 cups   |   A quadruple of sorts
		2026/27    |   América (MEX)       |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   2       |     won Mex cup      |   Joined 2 games before play-offs. Lost in play-off final
		2027/28    |   América (MEX)       |  Mexican 1st Div.   |   1; 1    |     won NACL         |   Won closing and opening league + champ league
		2028       |   Fluminese           |  Brazil Ser. A      |   8       |         n/a          |   Joined 1/3 through the season. Qualified for Copa Lib.
		2029       |   Fluminese           |  Brazil Ser. A      |   1       |  won Copa Lib + CWC  |  
		2029/30    |   Valencia            |  La Liga            |   4       |         n/a          |   Joined with team in 10th, qualified for CL
		2030/31    |   Dortmund            |  Bundesliga         |   1       |    won Ger cup       |     Domestic double
		2031/32    |   Olympique Marseille |  Ligue 1            |   1       |  won FRA cups + CL   |     A quadruple
		2032/33    |   Napoli              |  Serie A            |   1       |       ITA cup        |     Domestic double
		2033       |   San Lorenzo         |  Primera Div.       |   n/a     |       semi           |     Joined for half a year hoping to win a cup, then left
		2034       |   Liverpool           |  Premiership        |   8       |     won both cups    |     Cup double (well, that's not really a double is it...)
		2034/35    |   Liverpool           |  Premiership        |   1       | won Europa + ENG cups|     A quintuple, if you count the Charity Shield
		2035/36    |   Benfica             |  Primeira Liga      |   1       | won 2x PRT cups      |     A domestic treble
		2038/39    |   Rostov              |  Premier Division   |   1       |     won RUS cup      |     A domestic double
		2039/40    |   Las Palmas          |  La Liga            |   3       |  semis; Europa win   |
		2040/41    |   Las Palmas          |  La Liga            |   1       |  runner-up; CL win   |
		2041/42    |   Las Palmas          |  La Liga            |   1       |  won cup & CL        |    A sextuple (? CWC, Cup, CL, League, ESP super cup, Euro super cup)				

International career:

Season     |   Team           |  Tournament    |   Notes & Achievements
		-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
		2018/19    |   Greece         |  Euro quals    |   Took over in Autumn
		2019/20    |   Greece         |  Euro          |   Quarter-finals; lost to France
		2021       |   Egypt          |  WC quals      |   Qualified by beating Nigeria in final group game
		2022       |   Egypt          |  WC            |   Quarter finals; lost to Poland on penalties
		2023       |   Egypt          |  ACON          |   Lost in semis (Ghana, extra time)
		2023/24    |   Jamaica        |  WC quals      |
		2024/25    |   Jamaica        |  Gold Cup      |   Winners!
		2026       |   Jamaica        |  World Cup     |   Group stage exit
		2027       |   South Korea    |  Asian Cup     |   Winners
		2028       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON quals    |   Qualified
		2029       |   Ivory Coast    |  ACON          |   Winners
		2030       |   Ivory Coast    |  World Cup     |   Lost in semis
		2031       |   Brazil         |  Copa America  |   Winners
		2033       |   Brazil         |  Confed Cup    |   Winners
		2034       |   Brazil         |  World  Cup    |   Runners up
		2035       |   Spain          |  Euro quals    |   Qualified
		2036       |   Spain          |  Euros         |   Lost in quarters (Portugal on penalties), sacked
		2037       |   England        |  WC quals      |   Won Internaltional League
		2038       |   England        |  World Cup     |   Lost to Germany in the final
		2040       |   England        |  Euros         |   Winners
		2042       |   England        |  World Cup     |   Lost to Italy in the final
		2044       |   England        |  Euros         |   Winners, not needed for the challenge
		2046       |   England        |  World Cup     |   Winners! Beat Italy in the final				

Challenge Progress:

Club
		 10/10 top domestic leagues: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América), BRA (Fluminese), DEU (Dortmund), FRA (Marseille), ITA (Napoli), ENG (Liverpool), PRT (Benfica), ESP (Las Palmas)
		 10/10 domestic cups: KOR (Jeonnam), RSA (Ajax CT), MEX (Club América), DEU (Dortmund), FRA (Marseille), ITA (Napoli), ENG (Liverpool), PRT (Benfica), RUS (Rostov), ESP (Las Palmas)
		 5/5 club continental championships: Asian CL (Jeonnam), African CL (Ajax CT), NACL (Club América), Copa Libertadores (Fluminese), Champ League (Marseille, Las Palmas)
		 1/1 club world championship: Jeonnam 2023, Fluminese 2029, Las Palmas 2041

International
		 5/5 continental tournaments: Gold Cup (Jamaica), Asian Cup (South Korea), ACON (Ivory Coast), Copa America (Brazil), Euros (England)
		 2/2 world tournaments: Conf Cup (Brazil, England), World Cup (England)

Thanks to @vikeologist for a great thread and challenge, and good luck to everyone still doing it (ESPECIALLY @Fadedaf); I'll definitely be reading the updates!

Edited by dkouv

@dkouv Congratulations, and welcome to the pinnacle of human achievement known as the Ultimate Manager Hall of Fame. When you went 1-0 up in the final, did you close up shop? It looks as though you didn't, but a well deserved victory and completion, and pleasing to see that 'Bruce' from your early years managed to nab the striker spot. I guess that's the first (and thus so far only) ever completed challenge XI. Enjoyed your career and updates. Don't be a stranger.

@Cheekybananafm Good luck in the Gold Cup. A few of us have completed the club side of things with 2 or 3 international trophies left, but 4 would be a lot. I see a lot of holidays in your future.

@darren1983 WD on your first championship. Hope you can turn the CL around and win it first time.

@numero uno gunner Congrats on the Europa League. Pity about missing out on CL qualification.

@pug 407 Until Earl pointed it out, I'd forgotten that you were still on course for the quickest finish. Interesting that Hunan benefitted from that early pug effect, as in real life they're a sleeping giant, but low hanging fruit available as a first job that have broken 1 or 2 challenges straight away as in game they usually get relegated and fade into obscurity as they unfortunately have in real life given their stadium and geographical location.

2039 Gold Cup - Mexico

File:Mexican States Standard.svg

Group Stage - We had a pretty easy group and won all 3 games. Jamaica 2-0, Panama 3-0 and Guatemala 5-0. 3 really good performances!

Quarter Final - Probably the toughest game we could've got, the USA stood in our way but looking at their previous results I knew we could get past them, they only beat Curacao 1-0 in the group stage. An early own goal put us 1-0 and by half time it was 3-0, We coasted through the 2nd half to keep the score at 3

Semi Final - Honduras stood in our way and I was hopeful we could easily get past them. Once again we scored all our goals in the first half, this time only 2 but it was enough to win the game 2-0. Another clean sheet, so far we haven't conceded a goal!

Final - And so to the big one, against Costa Rica probably the 3rd best North American team (behind us and USA).  The game started off tight until after 25 minutes when Costa Rica went down to 10 men. We scored soon after and went in a half time 1-0 up, we just had to keep our nerve and so we did. We went 2-0 up on the hour and saw the game out.

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONS!!! And all without conceding a goal! What a tournament!

What Next? - So Internationally I have the Confed Cup and the South American and Asian Continental trophies, the next Copa America and Asia Cup is 2043 so there are 4 years to wait. The next Confed Cup is 2041, I'm not sure how to go about this. There are no jobs available for the 2 continents I need to win so do I stick at Mexico and try and win the Confed Cup or quit and holiday until a decent job comes up. I have plenty of time to wait for a domestic job to come up as well. Just not sure how to go about this!

35/36 	PSG			1st		A French League and Cup treble!
36/37	Real Madrid		1st		League and Cup Double

International
33-37	Italy			2034 World Cup Winners
				2036 Euro Champs Winners
38-	Mexico			2039 Gold Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

9/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2019, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031, Italy - Juventus  2034, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037, England - Liverpool 2038, Germany - Dortmund 2039)

9/10 domestic cups (South Africa - Thanda Royal Zulu 2020, China - Shanggang 2022, Mexico - Cruz Azul 2024, Scotland - Hibernian 2030, Argentina - San Lorenzo 2031,Italy - Juventus  2033, France - PSG 2036, Italy - Real Madrid 2037, Germany - Dortmund 2039)

International

3/5 continental tournaments (Africa - Ivory Coast 2029, Europe - Italy 2036, North America - Mexico 2039)

Mid Season Update 2020

orlando-pirates.png.257f88a8224b2cfc55f60f2739768180.png

The fact I'm doing a mid season update probably indicates what has happened. We continued our Champions League campaign after losing our first game, we then went on to win all the other group games to set up a semi final with DR Congo side TP Mazembe, a comfortable 3-0 win away from home in the first leg meant a routine 2nd leg and 1-0 win saw us in the final where I expected to face another DR Congo side in AS Vita Club who had won all their group games and had the 1st and 3rd top scorers in the comp but they were shocked by former winners ES Tunis (from Tunisia to the shock of no one I assume) who were the only side to beat us in the competition so far. We were at home in the first leg this time and we were brilliant, played them off the park and won 4-0 making the 2nd leg a routine. Not much happened as we scored a goal mid way through the 2nd half for a 1-0 win and we were champions of Africa! 

Domestically we again won the Carling Black Label Cup where we smashed Kaizer Chiefs 5-0. We also retained the MTN8 cup with a nervy win over Kaizer Chiefs. In the Telkom cup we made it to the final but have yet to play it thanks to the Club World Cup, I was gonna quit straight after the champions league final but with no decent looking jobs going I thought I'd stay on for the CWC. In the quarter finals we played Mexican side Tigres and the gulf in class was clear to see as they smashed us 6-0. In the 5th place playoff we played Chinese side Hebei CFFC and after a poor 1st half we were able to step and win 3-0. That makes us the 5th best team in the world and I'll take it! 

I have now resigned as have no need to stick around in Africa. In just a little over 2 years we won 8 cups and 1 league title. Not bad.

Career Progression 

2018/19		Orlando Pirates		South Africa	2nd 			Took over in November. Telkon & Nedbank Cup wins		
2019/20		Orlando Pirates		South Afirca	1st			League, MTN8, Telkom winners	
2020		Orlando Pirates		South Africa	1st			MTN8 & Champs league win. Left in November
Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 Top Domestic Leagues – South Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates)
1/10 Domestic Cups - South Africa 2019 (Orlando Pirates)
1/5  Club continental Cups – Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates)  

International

0/2	  World Tournaments

Season 2020/21 Review

mvfc.png.3d4dfe51f87af0bec85efae5ac076ba6.png

As previously seen, I left Orlando Pirates after the Champions League win and got a job with Melbourne Victory, I took over with just 3 league games to play and 5 points to make up, we started with a 3-0 win over Newcastle United Jets and I thought this would be nice and easy, before our next game away to Wellington Phoenix we manged a real coup in the free singing of Dominic Solanke. A hat trick from Big Dom wasn't enough as we went down 4-3. Solanke is far too good for this league as he showed in the next league game a 5-3 win over Perth. 11 goals for and 7 against in 3 games shows that we were value for money at least, just needed to sort our backline out. As crazy as the last game was our last  game of the season against Central Coast Mariners ended 6-3 and Solanke was on fire as we got into the playoffs on GD

In the finals our first game was away (as we finished 6th we would be drawn away in each round due to seeding) to Sydney and that man Solanke continued his run as we won 5-0, in the semi finals we placed regular season winners and last seasons champions league winners Brisbane Roar, another inspired performance from Dom with 2 goals and an assist in a 3-1 win and we were in the final against Adelaide. A real up and down match saw 2-0 up by HT, a 3rd just after the break put us well in control before a quick fire double reduced our lead to 3-2, another Solanke goal restored the 2 goal before another goal from their striker set up a nervy finale.  On 88 minuted we gave away a penalty but a huge save from our keeper meant we won 4-3 and were champions. I assume this trophy counts as in the Hall of Fame it's listed as a league win?

Big Dom Solanke was the star as he ended with 16 goals in just 6 games.

In the champions league I took over after 3 games (all losses) in my first game we got a narrow 1-0 over Ulsan, followed that up with another narrow win, this time 3-2, over Japanese side Frontale gave us a fighting chance of finishing 2nd, if we could beat Guangzhou and hope for a draw or Ulsan win between them and Frontale. Ulsan did their part by winning so pressure was on us, a nervy first half saw us give away a penalty on 44 minutes, after a HT rollicking we flew out the traps and an OG drew us level before a header from a corner gave us the lead, a late 3rd saw us win and grab the 2nd spot. We were handed a tough draw after that with a tie with Shanghai (with Hulk and Oscar in their line up) 0-0 at HT and then 3 quick goals just after the break saw us grab a 2-1 win. In the away leg we grabbed an early lead, they quickly restored parity after an hour, a quick counter attack saw us restore our lead before allowing them back in.We went contain for final 20 mins to try and kill the game and it worked, we were in the quarter finals draw to come in the new season. Hoping we can somehow win this and the cup in 1st half of the season so I can be off again. Also should start to find an international job to start there.

Career Progress

2020		Orlando Pirates		South Africa	1st			MTN8 & Champs league win. Left in November
2020/21		Melbourne Victory	Australia	6th 			Tool over in March, A League Finals winner

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Top Domestic Leagues – South Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates), Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)
1/10 Domestic Cups - South Africa 2019 (Orlando Pirates)
1/5  Club continental Cups – Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates)  

International

0/2	  World Tournaments

@Fadedaf @darren1983 @vikeologist Thanks! Indeed, this feels like the pinnacle of FM achievement, although I can't even think of what it takes to do the more crazy challenges like winning the World Cup with San Marino or that extended journeyman challenge with claassens pack. Didn't quite foresee how tricky the international side of things can be; I guess in every FM I'm tempted to manage internationally and never get round to it, but for now this temptation is truly gone :D

I didn't shut up shop in the final, I think my nation's rep must have been sky-high and all teams were playing super-defensively, so I was aiming to pick Italy apart on the counter once they opened up (and also a bit too lazy or ignorant to change too many things); but Italy being Italy I guess that didn't happen either :)

@dkouv Massive congratulations! That Liverpool thing you did is actually a great idea, obviously not applicable everywhere since you can't assemble all the best Brazilians in a Brazilian team, but it could work in Spain, Italy, France, Germany...

@Fadedaf Whenever I see your name as "the latest post" here, I get an anxiety attack. :lol: Can't imagine how you feel approaching yet another ACON.

AC Milan Season 2022/23 

2irnp1f.png

Having to decide to leave River Plate it was time for pastures new, After applying for loads of jobs I was still unemployed in January and started throwing my hat into several rings including Lazio, Calgari, Liverpool, AC Milan It was a case of waiting about for an offer. My love was Liverpool but I knew if I did go there I would not leave

AC Milan obliged and hired me as there manager in January were siting 14th 3 points of the relegation Zone and Vicenzo Montella had majorly messed up although he had been at the club for 6 years but only managed to win the Italian Cup and Super Cups and not much else and not forgetting selling of Donnarumma to PSG.. I could of done with him!.

So it was time to get Milan back to challenge for titles again, This season was out of the question. Consolidate and rebuild this season and maybe even next but fight and start getting results. My aim to start overseeing a radical transformation where for the past six years little or no youth has come through the Milan ranks.

2aa12s0.jpg

First things first I needed to get Milan up the table. I employed my favourite tactic in this save oversaw some training and cast an eye on the Transfer List.

etbp02.jpg

Made two new acquisitions to the squad

LEAGUE

My Aim was Europe, it was a massive undertaking I did eye Europa League then I eyed winning the Europa League to qualify for the CL. In roughly 4 months I dragged Milan 4th..Only just

15ho1nk.jpg

EUROPA LEAGUE

Luckily Montella had still kept the team in the Europa League and to be perfectly honest I think we had a very hard draw. I joined just after the group stage in which Milan topped the group Playing Zulte Wargrem > Napoli> Inter> PSG. We had made it to the Final..Somehow

We played Real Sociedad..But fell short.. Jurgen Klopp got the better of me. The ended of the season was not turning out how I hoped it would be

2qixlz8.jpg

Gutted.. i had been Klopped

ITALIAN CUP

We walked through to the final brushing any team away on my pursuit for the cup One team could stop me Juventus but we did not play them instead getting to the Final against Inter Milan and again just like a few  days earlier falling short but the writing was on the wall when my midfielder got sent off for a two footed lunge on 23 minutes…they had already scored by that point and it stayed 0-1…losing two finals in the space of just over one week.

2i7aa39.jpg

Gutted.Upset and angry

Next season budgets have been released 50m to spend!, So a mini overhaul is planned. I'm defiantly staying even though last season was tainted by massive dissapointment in two final losses back to back im detetmined to make AC Milan a force one again

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016         FC Gute            8th                                    N/A
2017         FC Gute            1st                                    Sweden Second DIV South Svealand 1st Champions!!!!!
2018      Bohiemians            1st                                    League Champions, Irish League cup Winners   
2019      Bohiemians            1st                                    League Champions,Irish League Cup, Irish Presidents Cup, Irish Leinster Senior Cup
2019/20   River Plate           1st                                    League Champions  
2020/21   River Plate           1st                                    Supercopa Argentina, League Champions, Copa Argentina
2022/23   AC Milan              4th                                    Nothing Won

2/10 top domestic leagues (Irish League, Argentinian League)
2/10 domestic cups (Irish Cup, Copa Argentina)
0/5 club continental championships  
0/1 club world championship
Edited by streety
Missing Club history

2041 Review - Domestic Woes + Confederations Cup with Mexico

So It's now 2041 (I left Dortmund in 2039), after 2 years of holidaying (apart from Mexico games) I am STILL waiting for that final domestic job that is going to give me a chance of a top league and cup title. I have had numerous interviews but none have been the ideal job until Feyenoord came in for me, or so I thought, after an interview and being odds on for the job they rejected me! So I'm STILL waiting!

As for Mexico I've just played in the Confed Cup, we had a tough group but after a 1-1 draw against Nigeria, a 3-0 win against Portugal and a 1-0 defeat to Italy we scraped through by the skin of our teeth through to the semi final where we met Brazil, we somehow won the game 3-0, an early red for Brazil helped us massively

Then to the final where we met Italy once again, could we do the impossible and beat them?

Like the semi final the game turned on a red card for Italy, we went from there and just like against Brazil we took full charge and eventually won the game 3-0! Amazing!!! Confed Cup Winners!!!

So I am leaving Mexico and North America on a huge high to holiday until I get a) a domestic job or b) an Asian or South American international job. My god the end is near!!

35/36 	PSG			1st		A French League and Cup treble!
36/37	Real Madrid		1st		League and Cup Double

International
33-37	Italy			2034 World Cup Winners
				2036 Euro Champs Winners
38-41	Mexico			2039 Gold Cup Winners
				2041 Confederation Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

International

3/5 continental tournaments (Africa - Ivory Coast 2029, Europe - Italy 2036, North America - Mexico 2039)

2/2 world tournaments - (World Cup - Italy 2034, Confederations Cup - Mexico 2041)

Another update!

I knew after I had a moan about lack of domestic jobs I'd get one pretty quickly and my god it's a good one!

Image result for sparta prague

The Sparta Prague manger has left to join Genoa and the job has been given to me, they are the No. 1 Czech team and have won 12 out of the last 15 league titles, could this be my final domestic job? Let's bloody hope so!

Season 2021/22 Review

mvfc.png.3d4dfe51f87af0bec85efae5ac076ba6.png

At the end of last season we had made it to the quarter finals of the Champions League where we had a tough draw against South Korea side Seoul. In the away leg we started well and took the lead, Seoul grabbed an equaliser mid way through the 2nd half and it ended 1-1. The 2nd leg was a tight affair but 2 goals in the final 30 minutes saw us win 2-0 on the night and 3-1 on aggregate. In the semi finals we faced another side from South Korea in the much more formidable Suwon. We were away in the first leg again, it was a fairly even game decided by a goal in the 50th minute from their Argentine striker and as we lost 1-0. In the home leg we flew out the traps and pulled level on aggregate with a goal after 15 minutes, 11 minutes later we went ahead and stayed that way till the break. 2nd half saw both teams go close but we held on to make the final. Between the first and second leg we lost Big Dom Solanke to a season ending injury. In the final we had Qatari side El-Jaish. We were drawn at home in the first leg for a change and we took an early lead, in the second half they had a player sent off and 2 late goals gave us a comfortable 3-0 win. I thought the 2nd leg would be a formality but 2 early goals from them had me nervous, 2 goals in 8 minutes before the break from us had us well placed. We saw the game out and were champions of Asia

My other target for this season was the FFA cup and despite a mental game with Perth that ended 7-4 to us we progressed to the final, in both the semi final and final we faced non league sides and we cruised the final 6-0. In the league we were poor as I sacrificed it for other competitions. Winning the Asian Champions League gave me another shot at the Club World Cup, it took extra time to beat Auckland City in the quarter finals, in the semi finals Man City were just too good for us and beat us 3-0. In the 3rd place playoff we beat Tigres 3-1 to become the 3rd best side in the world (that's how this works right? :D)

With Asia done I think it's time resign and head somewhere new, it's a shame as I was building a good young squad here with a core of players like Igor Savic in goal, left back Bradley Saric, Attacking midfielder Antoni Patric Row and Solanke's replacement Chris Strain. Could have really built something here but it's time to pull a Jose and get out on top! 

Career Progress

2020/21		Melbourne Victory	Australia	6th 			Tool over in March, A League Finals winner
2021/22		Melbourne Victory	Australia	9th			FFA Cup & Asian Champions League win. Left In December 2021
Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Top Domestic Leagues – South Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates), Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)
2/10 Domestic Cups - South Africa 2019 (Orlando Pirates), Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)
2/5  Club continental Cups – Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates) , Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)

International

0/2	  World Tournaments

Season Review 2022

New-York-City-FC.png.3a7ef5f5efcb566a21f65b3c5717dd29.png

I took over with the side 9th out of 11 in the Eastern Conference with only 5 wins from 15, it was an uncustomary slow start from one of my teams, losing players during the world cup and a couple injuries meant playing around with formations, it cost us in the US Cup as we fell apart. The loan signing of Phil Foden from parent club Man CIty and the return from injury of Ahmed Al-Gumai changed our season, we found form and marched up the table, finishing 4th in the Eastern Conference and 4th in the Supporters Shield. In the playoffs we drew local rivals Red Bulls. Foden missed the match with injury and it cost us as we lost 3-0. 

In a lucky break (again) I took over a club in the Champions League, in the group stages we took 10 points from 4 games to qualify for the quarter finals. The draw was harsh as we were paired with the winners of the last 3 champions leagues, the Mexican side Tigres. I don't expect to get much further.

So for the first time in a few years I haven't won anything, the squad needs a bit of an overhaul so I have to go and learn these draft rules and try to wheel and deal my way to a strong squad. 

Career Progress

2021/22		Melbourne Victory	Australia	9th			FFA Cup & Asian Champions League win. Left In December 2021
2022		New York City		USA		4th 
Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 Domestic Cups - South Africa 2019 (Orlando Pirates), Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)
2/5  Club continental Cups – Africa 2020 (Orlando Pirates) , Australia 2021 (Melbourne Victory)

International

0/2	  World Tournaments

Ghana_FA.png

Faded's 2061 ACON Report

You already know what's going on- Faded vs Africa round 10. Having exhausted nearly every possible way of getting knocked out of this tournament, could I finally win it? I took charge of Ghana 2 years ago when I was sacked from the Australia job and had a choice of them or Angola and though I was tempted otherwise, went with the black stars. We've been playing some good football the last 2 years and I feel i've improved the squad a lot, as they seemingly had never used any kind of wide players before my management so lots of talented players were given debuts. We are still massive underdogs for the ACON though. South Africa are incredibly strong as are the North Africans Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. Nigeria, Cameroon and a few others threaten as well but this competition is a total lottery and anyone can win it. We beat Gabon 3-0 in our pre-tournament friendly and have drawn a pretty tough group with South Africa, Mali and Tanzania. Here's how we got on:

Group Stage

Spoiler

Ghana 3-0 Tanzania (goals from Tetteh, Mansah, Sarfo) A good solid start. Played well but still room for improvement.

Ghana 2-1 Mali (goals from Abdul Razak and Selasi) We played well and dominated but we made it hard for ourselves. It was 1-1 until very late when I decided to go for it and super sub Selasi grabbed his firs goal for Ghana to win it in the 86th minute. We've qualified for the quarter finals already so will most likely rotate a bit against South Africa.

Ghana 0-0 South Africa This is a very strong South African side and i'm not unhappy with a draw. They dominated and probably deserved to win but we held out well. Now on to Nigeria in the quarters!

Quarter final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ghana 2-1 Nigeria (goals from Mensah, Yeboah) A solid performance as we swept Nigeria away. The scoreline flattered them. Unfortunately we have drawn Egypt in the next round, the one team I am truly scared of. They have the ballon d'or winner as well as the top 3 for african player of the year so we are huge underdogs.

Semi final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ghana 2-1 Egypt (goals from Abdul Razak x2) We've done it! they scored within 30 seconds but we came right back into the match and played superbly! the win was well deserved and probably the best performance i've seen from this Ghana side. Now on to another very strong North African side in the final, Morocco. Can we go all the way?

3rd place playoff (if applicable)

Spoiler

Final (if applicable)

Spoiler

Ghana 3-2 Morocco (goals from Yeboah x2, Abdul Razak) Unbelievable!! It's actually happened! Finally we are champions of Africa!! We went ahead early then added another through a penalty but they pulled one back before halftime. I went slightly more defensive counter-attacking tactically for the second half and we managed to grab another goal on the break soon after. They scored a consolation goal right on the final whistle but we held out to secure a great victory! Ghana's first ACON for 38 years.

Aftermath

Spoiler

giphy.gif

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eo6gGNH.png

KlnRAKG.png

I have not been so nervous during an FM game as I was in that final for a very long time. We've secured my first trophy in 11 years and Ghana's first ACON in 38. My team was excellent throughout, with no specific standout players just a well balanced, solid team. My two starting strikers Abdul Razak and Yeboah stepped up in the big games while every other starter played an integral part. I am seriously considering several of them for my overall challenge XI as they've finally won me an ACON! Now there is just the small matter of the Asian Cup to win... and i'm not sure if Australia will take me back.

@TheEarl @darren1983 Thanks guys! pumped to have finally won it and I actually think I can finish this challenge eventually now!

Just adding my updated career timeline as well:

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               Promoted to South African Premier League
2017/18      Royal Eagles     1st                  -               KO Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2018/19      Royal Eagles     2nd                  -               FA Cup runners up, CL qualification, CL ongoing
2019/20      Royal Eagles     1st              Semi Final          KO Cup winners, FA Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2020/21      Royal Eagles     --               Semi Final          KO Cup winners, Super 8 runners up, left halfway through season for Molde
2021         Molde            1st                  -               Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2022         Molde            --                   -               Undefeated and 1st in the league when I left for Genk
2022/23      Genk             1st                  -               EL Semi finalists
2023/24      Genk             2nd              Group Stage         Super Cup winners, Cup runners up, EL Quarter finalists
2024/25      Genk             1st               Playoff            Cup winners, CL qualification
2025/26      Saint Etienne    3rd                  -               Supercup winners, Cup runners up, EL Semi finals, MOTS, CL qualification
2026/27      Saint Etienne    3rd               Playoff            Cup winners, EL Quarter finals, CL qualification
2027         Jeonbuk          1st              Semi Final          Took over in 6th position, CL qualification
2028         Jeonbuk          1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners, MOTS, FA cup best manager, CL qualification, 5th in CWC
2029/30      Tigres        1st + 2nd               -               Cup winners, Libertadores qualification, MOTS
2030/31      Tigres        1st + 1st           CHAMPIONS x2        Quintuple winners, CWC qualification, double CL qualification again, MOTS
2031/32      Tigres      3/4th + 1st     2nd Round + runner up     Recopa winners, CWC Champions, NACL runners up
2032/33      Roma             4th             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2033/34      Roma             1st             1st KO Round         Cup winners, MOTS, CL qualification
2034/35      BMG              1st             1st KO Round         Cup semis, CL qualification
2036/37      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         EFL Cup runners up, FA Cup semis, CL qualification
2037/38      Chelsea          2nd             1st KO Round         FA Cup winners, EFL Cup runners up, CL qualification
2038/39      Chelsea          1st             1st KO Round         MOTS, CL qualification
2039/40      Chelsea          2nd              Semi Final          CL qualification
2040/41      Barcelona        1st             1st KO Round         CL qualification, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS runner-up
2041/42      Barcelona        1st              Runners Up          Unbeaten in the League, Cup winners, Supercup winners, MOTS, CL qual.
2042/43      PSG              1st              CHAMPIONS           Cup winners x2, Supercup winners, CL qualification
2043/44      PSG              1st             1st KO Round         CWC winners, French + Euro Supercup winners, CL qualification
2044/45      Celtic           1st                  -               Cup winners, CL qualification
2045/46      Sundowns         4th                  -               FA Cup runners up
2046/47      Sundowns         1st                  -               Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2047/48      Sundowns         1st                  -               KO Cup winners, African Confed winners, African Supercup winners, CL qual.
2048/49      Sundowns         1st              1st Round           Domestic quadruple winners, CL qualification
2049         Sundowns          -               CHAMPIONS           Super 8 winners, resigned after winning CL

Challenge Progress

Club
 10/10 top domestic leagues (South Africa- Royal Eagles, Norway- Molde, Belgium- Genk, South Korea- Jeonbuk, Mexico- Tigres, Italy- Roma, Germany- BMG, England- Chelsea, Spain- Barcelona, France- PSG)
 10/10 domestic cups (South Africa KO Cup- Royal Eagles, Norwegian Cup- Molde, Belgian Cup- Genk, Coupe de la Ligue(France)- Saint Etienne, Korean FA Cup- Jeonbuk, Mexican Cup Opening Stage- Tigres, Italian Cup- Roma, FA Cup- Chelsea, Copa del Rey- Barcelona, Scottish Cup- Celtic)
 5/5 club continental championships (Asian CL- Jeonbuk 2028, Copa Libertadores- Tigres 2031, NACL- Tigres 2031 Champions League- PSG 2043, African CL- Mamelodi Sundowns 2049) 
 1/1 club world championship (Tigres 2031)

International
 4/5 continental tournaments (Copa America 2031- Brazil, Gold Cup 2035- Mexico, European Championship 2040- Spain, ACON 2061- Ghana)
 2/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup 2033- Brazil, World Cup 2034- Brazil)

International:
Season       Team             Notes and Achievements     
----------------------------------------------------------
2018        China U23         Won Asian Games
2019        Cameroon          Started ACON qualification, switched to Algeria
2019        Algeria           Resigned after 2 games
2021        Nigeria           Qualified for world cup, ACON qualification ongoing
2022        Nigeria           Knocked out of World Cup in group stage, resigned
2023        Ivory Coast       Started World Cup and ACON qualifying
2024        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2025        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2026        Ghana             Qualified for ACON
2027        Ghana             ACON runners up, resigned
2028        SK + France U23   Won U23 Asian Cup, Olympic silver medallists
2029        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2030        Brazil            4th in World Cup
2031        Brazil            Copa America Winners!
2032        Brazil            Qualified for World Cup
2033        Brazil            Confederations Cup Winners!
2034        Brazil            World Cup Winners!
2035        Mexico            Gold Cup Winners!
2036        Spain             Started World Cup qualifying
2037        Spain             Qualified unbeaten for the World Cup
2038        Spain             World Cup runners-up
2039        Spain             European International League Div.A Winners!
2040        Spain             European Championship Winners!
2041        Ivory Coast       Missed out on World Cup qualification on goal difference
2042        Ivory Coast       Qualified for ACON
2043        Ivory Coast       Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2044        Egypt             CHAN runners-up
2045        Egypt             Knocked out of ACON in quarter finals, resigned
2046        Senegal           Knocked out of World Cup in quarter finals
2047        Senegal           ACON runners-up, resigned
2048        Nigeria           CHAN Winners, qualified for ACON
2049        Nigeria           Knocked out of ACON in semi finals, resigned
2050        South Africa      CHAN winners, knocked out of World Cup in group stage
2051        South Africa      ACON runners up
2052        South Africa      Knocked out of CHAN in quarter finals
2053        South Africa      3rd place in ACON
2054        South Africa      Knocked out of CHAN in quarter finals
2055        South Africa      3rd place in ACON, switched to Australia
2056        Australia         Started World Cup qualifying
2057        Australia         Qualified for World Cup
2058        Australia         Knocked out of World Cup in 2nd round
2059        Australia         3rd in Asian Cup, Sacked!
2060        Ghana             3rd in CHAN
2061        Ghana             ACON Winners!

I didn't expect to find the joy in playing FM back with this save, (explains the late update), but I'm already in july of 2023 so I clearly did :lol:  I'm currently looking for a new job after being fired from the Argentina job (Screens will be added)

Season       Team                Position     1st Cup    2nd Cup    Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17      Kırklarelispor      1st          3rd round   -         -                   Promotion
2017/18      Kırklarelispor      1st          3rd round   -         -                   Promotion
2018/19      Kırklarelispor      1st          3rd round   -         -                   Left after winning the league
2019/19      Pohang Steelers     1st          Won         -         Won                 Left after losing the final World Cup clubs
2019/20      Lanús               1st          -           -         -                   Champions last 2 years, manager got sacked when they were in 6th place
2020/21      Lanús               1st          Won         -         Won                 Won Supercopa Argentina, Left after losing final World Cup clubs
2021/22      O.Lyonnais          2nd          Won         Won       -                   Took over after they were in 3rd place, Won Europa League       
2022/23      O.Lyonnais          1st          Won         Won       Quarter final       Lost European Super Cup 2-1 ManU, Won France Supercup 

Challenge Progress 11/33

Club
 4/10 Top domestic leagues Kirklarelispor-Turkey, Pohang-South Korea, Lanús-Argentina, Lyon-France
 3/10 Top domestic cups    Pohang-South Korea, Lanús-Argentina, Lyon-France
  2/5 Club continental championships Pohang-Asian CL, Lanús-Copa libertadores
  0/1 Club world championship 

International
 0/5 Continental tournaments 
 2/2 World tournaments 2021-Argentina-Confed Cup, 2022-Argentina-World Cup

International:
Year    Team             Notes and Achievements     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019    Peru             Lost Semi final Copa America (Brazil 2-1), won final for 3rd place
2021    Argentina        Won Confed Cup
2022    Argentina        Won World Cup
2023    Argentina        Fired after losing the final of the Copa America (Colombia 1-0)

----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Vatan
Pressed the wrong button lol

@Fadedaf Congratulations. No longer will I have to read your ACON reports with a sense of impending dread. You'd really made it sound as though Ghana weren't all that great. Nearly there now.

@Vatan Welcome to the challenge. I guess you've probably left Lyonnais now for pastures new. Glad you're enjoying the challenge. Your manager definitely meets the criteria? (20 and no quals / exp at start)

@darren1983 You're a braver man than me. MLS quirks + SI bugs = SLIMS chance of me ever going back there.

@Cheekybananafm Congrats on the Confed Cup. That's always an important one to get given how hard it is even to get a chance in the competition.