The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

DauNK.png

Shanggang £55M in Sponsors > Shanghai Senxin £22K in Sponsors!

I'm actively going to look for a move this season, I'm going to save this separately as well though I'd love to continue what I've started here at some point and become top of that sponsor tree, for a challenging side save.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crowy Congrats on survival. Chinese footballers do indeed suck. I'd love to do a youth save in China, but without being able to sign foreigners, it would be a hard slog. Sponsors I suppose is a euphemism for billionaires just pouring money into their clubs, (as the Shanggang shipping company own SIPG). So maybe the way to top the sponsorship table would be in effect to have a tycoon takeover. In real life Chinese clubs don't seem to get taken over all that often. Chinese billionaires are far more interested in buying foreign clubs. Doesn't mean that reality is reflected in the game though. Chinese football is really hard to replicate in game.

@shirajzl Another Chinese club. I must admit that I'm starting to get confused between real life and challenge promotions etc. If you do go for a new job, good luck, but it's worth exercising caution because as @blackdevil said, being seen as flighty can be detrimental. How did your Yanbian players regard you from a dynamics point of view. Nobody is really talking about player unrest. Are Chinese players hard coded to respect all laoiwais who wander into their club, regardless of age, qualifications and experience?

@Ronaldo Beckham The (possibly new) possibility of getting early jobs in S America is certainly popping up some new club names. Congrats on promotion.

@blackdevil WD on promotion. Hope your first season in the top flight is going well.

@Cheekybananafm Congrats on getting your first trophy. Are you the first to pick up a landmark in FM18? 

Regarding dynamics the biggest effect I noticed was the players In my first season with Wuhan were showing no interest in team talks and I expect if we weren't doing so well they'd have caused a ruckus.  I also allow anyone to leave if they're not getting enough game time so that also keeps things in check.  Generally I keep a happy dressing room usually without much thought as I've been playing so long it just happens.  If I do upset a group of people I try to make the unhappy players see the positive "for them" or for "the team" and such like.

With regards my first season in the top flight, I've was linked with the job at Guangzhou but I distanced myself from it and no offer came in...I was (and still am) in a better position :) and I was offered the China national job which I turned down as I just wasn't feeling it.  So far I've played 19 league games and I'm already safe from relegation and on level points with the reigning champions Jiangsu.  And given the 7-1 first leg win against (historic rivals) Beijing I should reach the semi-final of the cup.

Edited by blackdevil

D1N1c.png

So before the 2020 season started in China, I got an offer from SD Eibar who currently sit 4th in the second tier of Spain. I felt the opportunity was to good to pass up on, in 19 games I could potentially be managing in La Liga. It kind of feels a massive jump from Shanghai Shenxin though so I was surprised to get offered the job.

D1RQ1.png

Squad Overview ~ Probable Tactic

Eibar actually have a decent squad for this level, so I should be able to give the promotion push a real good go, I'll give a full update at the end of the season.

CheekyBanana FM - 2018 Season Review - Selangor - Malaysia

Image result for selangor

Competitions Review - Super League

4Kwz5fH.png

No! But how close was it?!?!? We lost out on goal difference, absolutely gutting!

Competitions Review - The Cups

ktk6RkC.png

As you would've saw in the previous post I won the Malaysian FA Cup, my first trophy on the way to completing the challenge.

Player Awards

Another Golden Boot award for Francis Doe, it's shame he won't be here next season!

6iXM9KB.png

Young Central Midfielder Adam Nor Azlin won the most promising player award

47V2urm.png

Both of these player were also in the League Team of the Year along with Goalkeeper Khalid

OAPKSaF.png

Club Awards/Stats/Review

MBEp9fO.pngYIBS9it.pngguxILnY.png

As expected Francis Doe won the Player of the Year, he also topped the most goal, highest average rating and most POTMs.

AdUHXHl.png

Thoughts on next season

What a season it's been, we won the FA Cup and narrowly missed out the League Title, with Francis Doe leaving it is going to be very very hard next season, I'm also losing my other foreign player and Striker Ugah so a mass rebuild is going to happen. The board have pumped another £1m into the bank but my budgets are pretty stable at £25k transfer and £16k per week wages. With the players leaving this gives me a lot to utilise. I'm definitely staying for another season because I want to win the title seeing as we came so far!

As for me I am learning my National A Licence and my reputation is now 1* but still "minimal".

Season   Team    	Nation 		Position  	Notes and Achievements
2017	Selangor	Malaysia	5th		Took over mid-season
2018	Selangor	Malaysia	2nd		Malaysian FA Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues (Insert nations)

1/10 domestic cups (2018 - Selangor - Malaysia)

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

Edited by Cheekybananafm

3 minutes ago, blackdevil said:

@Cheekybananafm congrats on the cup win and first FM18 trophy in this challenge.  Must have been very frustrating to miss out on the title like that.

Was kinda hoping to finish my season before you to claim the first trophy of FM18 but you posted just as I was securing my first trophy

Thanks mate. Yeah missing out on the title by that smaller margin is gutting especially as next season I think will be a lot harder without my star men. Sorry to beat u to the first trophy!

Wuhan Zhuo'er
Chinese Super League

My aims this season were to survive and aim for mid table and also better the cup run of last season.  We started the season with 4-2, 7-2 & 5-3 wins with our new striker scoring 9 times in those 3 games.  Annoyingly he wouldn't score again until the cup quarter final 18 games later partly due to injury.  However the good start did set the tone for the rest of the season, scoring lots but rarely keeping a clean sheet (only 10 in all competitions).
All the way through the season we were neck and neck with reigning champions Jiangsu until we beat them on home soil (lost the away game early in the season) to move 3 points clear.  They then surprisingly lost to 15th placed Renhe gifting us a 6 point lead going into the final two games of the season.  We were beaten 2-4 and I was expecting us to throw it away but Huaxia had beaten Jiangsu 1-0 to secure us the title.
In the cup we comfortably reached the same stage as last season where we faced historic rivals Beijing.  In the first leg at home we won 7-1 and saw the return to goalscoring form of our striker who'd go on to finish the season with 26 goals in 29 appearances.  The 2nd leg was an alarming 6-5 win, alarming in how easily they just waltzed through our defence to score.  The semi-final was two comfortable 2-0 wins against Shanggang setting up a final encounter with our rivals this season, Jiangsu.  Most annoyingly we had to wait 28 days after the last league game to play the first leg of the final away which was a nice boring 0-0 draw.  We took advantage in the home leg winning 4-1 to secure the league and cup double.
5a170987268d4_EoSCompetitions.thumb.PNG.5262261fb50290ee13b8d20fa2d0ff23.PNG

On a personal level I've aquired the Continental B coaching licence and now studying for the Continental A licence.  Again the board didn't want to let me do this but I think they were scared of loosing me that they finally agreed.
During the season I was offered the China national job which I turned down as I didn't feel it was the right choice.
5a1709926bef7_EoSManagerProfile.thumb.PNG.a4ac66af400aec6f5522672602f1b24e.PNG
Looking forward to next season I guess the aim is the Asian Champions League and to improve the defence as we were a bit too generous at the back.  I'm also still on the look out for a suitable international job but not many vancancies popping up yet.

5a17099bca334_EoSConfidanceLevels.thumb.PNG.88ae4847727ad7503b1170f717d6bc3e.PNG

Challenge Progress:

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (CHI)
1/10 domestic cups (CHI)
0/1 club world championship ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

Seasons:

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues		Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division	1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC	Other & Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD		5th								Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD		1st		Qtr						Promoted as champions
2019	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st		Win						League & Cup double.

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
					Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by blackdevil

This is surely got to be a bug on FM18, I am a manager of a Colombian 2nd Division team, I aint exactly winning much and my rep is only 25% and yet I applied for a few International jobs not expecting to get a job and I have been offered the Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal jobs lol.

I took the Senegal job as they have Mane, Keita and Babacar, hopefully will improve my rep and also give me a chance to tick off African Cup Of Nations as well.

Yanbian_Changbaishan_logo.png

The board wanted a top half finish immediately, which took me by surprise, but it also told me we should and could aim higher. Transfer window was pretty good because we managed to grab some...errr...not terrible Chinese players, since that to me looks like the key. EVERYONE has good foreigners, but fielding a good domestic player or two makes a lot of difference.

Anyway, we started well and kept going and going to the point I was secretly hoping to get the title. Things were close at the top from start to finish, we were excellent, but Huaxia pulled off one of the biggest AI streaks I've seen on FM, 15 wins in a row. Drama was escalated by the fact the last match was a direct clash between the two teams.

Long story short, last day of the season, we were trailing by 2 points, only a win was on the cards for us. What a match that was...
We were 2-0 up early on, only for them to grab one back and then our midfielder deciding to get a second yellow. That was only the 38th minute! By half time they equalized and things were back to square one. In an amazing opening of the second half, we scored twice. My frantic attempts to close out the match were working until the very end. 82nd and 87th minute, 4-4!

I was fuming, now desperately throwing the kitchen sink at them hoping something would happen in the few remaining minutes. And it did. 89th minute, we scored again. This time we held on and lifted the trophy!
On top of it all, after almost slipping up in the cup early on, we went on to win it as well. The final two legs didn't lack drama, either, since we were 2-3 down after the first match only to win the next one 2-0.
Next up, and that's always the sucky part, Asian Champions League.

20171119235658_1.thumb.jpg.be422ae7dc8f9bced95d8d28e4f98ac3.jpg

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League     1st          3rd rnd                -                     -
2019       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          WINNERS                -                     -

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian)

1/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

12 hours ago, blackdevil said:

Congrats @shirajzl I agree with having reasonable domestic players is key.  My DoF signed a few in key positions and they just kept things ticking over while the prima dona foreigners blew hot and cold.

Chinese football is indeed a disorienting mixture of the sublime and the incompetent. Interesting that you didn't take the China national job. If you struck lucky and won the East Asia Cup, that could really boost your reputation, but of course there's no real prospect of them winning the Asian Cup. Congratulations on the double. It's a pity (though obviously not for all of you doing the challenge) that the game doesn't reflect the reality of Evergrande winning the title every season. It's weird because in recent versions, PSG and Bayern tend to win every season. I wonder why it's coded so that the Chinese league is so inaccurate. Obviously you're all wonderful, so you'd have still won the league, but Evergrande should still finish second.

@shirajzl Likewise, congrats on the double. Always fun to have a league decided for the final match of the season.  Why do you think the ACL is sucky? Have you been unlucky in the past? Of course, the thing with all champions leagues in the challenge is that, once you've done the domestic double, the champions leagues are the only thing you're hanging around for, so you really want to win it first time, or at the very least not fail to win it all 4 times (while being dominant domestically) as I did last year. But that was Chile. With China, the odds are pretty much in @blackdevil's and your favour.

I must admit, I've never tried trusting my DoFs to find new players, though i accept it could save a lot of time. i mean, i do instant result most of the time. I've just checked my dafuge save, and my current DoF has 6/7 judging, so maybe I won't try that just yet. To be fair, that wasn't why I hired him.

@Ronaldo Beckham Congrats on the new job. Even if it is a bug, we get screwed by so many of them, it's always nice to screw back.

56 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

Interesting that you didn't take the China national job

I probably should have done but I went with my gut instinct and it allowed me to focus on Wuhan.  I have applied for the Morocco job but nothing has happened with that in many months which is strange and I've noticed the Ireland and Slovenia jobs have also been vacant for a long time too.  Hopefully it's not a bug and they're just taking their time.

In terms of it boosting my reputation, I'm currently at two and half stars so should be able to get a job in South Africa and the smaller South American leagues.  Possibly also USA & Mexico and then likely need to be the second tier for Argentina & Brazil.  If winning the Asia Champions League boosts my reputation to 3 stars then may be able to get a smaller top tier side.

I've not even looked at my DoF, if I did I'd probably panic and wonder what on earth I was thinking :idiot: he/she has sold some players I wouldn't have so it's not all been rosy...and I'm a little lacking in the full back areas now too.

To show how much attention I'm not paying I've only just noticed the below on my staff overview screen.  So the DoF might not be too bad *fingers crossed*.

image.thumb.png.86133a37bfc9e3253209982b39089a9c.png

Edited by blackdevil

@vikeologist You described what I meant by "sucky" part. Staying in a country just to win a cup, be it domestic or continental, can get very tedious very fast, judging from past experience. On top of that, Asian and African CL have been pretty random to me, even though they're much easier to win than European CL.

I think FM fails to simulate Chinese football properly is because several clubs there have a lot of money and operate in the same way as Evergrande. The financial and reputation power of them over the rest is not as pronounced as with PSG or Bayern in the game.

Edited by shirajzl

I did start this on FM 2017. Thought I might as well start again with the new release so here it goes: 

Cowdenbeath_crest.png.9e714c98519733540cbdd54d5cd7fe89.png

2017/18 Season

So I took the first job I was offered, Cowdenbeath in Scottish League 2 - with no money and minimal expectations, I thought they had a decent squad. Once taking the job I realised they actually had a lot of good prospects coming through and generally a pretty young squad. 

So despite the expectation being to avoid relegation, I ended up winning the league easily, by 23 points actually. As well as the league success I reached the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals, eventually being knocked out by Rangers. I did draw some luck from the draw however. 

I tapped into the loan market heavily, and they ended up being very useful. Jonny Mitchell from Falkirk and Tommy Caffery from Celtic were superb additions, as well as that David Syme and Kyle Miller, who were already in the squad, were paramount to the seasons success. Decent start, obviously I've not ticked any off yet, but got a good feeling about this one. The one gripe I have thus far is they won't pay for me to do coaching badges which is annoying. I would love if FM did a feature where a manager can pay for courses themselves using the earnings from contract.  

Anyhow, on to season 2, I feel I may have to continue building at Cowdenbeath for another season and than hopefully get linked to jobs that would be a step up. I'll keep you all posted. 

Well here in Iceland it started well..in the friendlies however my actions in certain situations has left me fighting for my job, i have lost the dressing room and my managerial support is very low. Two games in   

Hiya guys, sorry I aint posted much but there aint much to post, I have managed Popayan for my 3rd season now and had no success in my 2nd season and not doing well in my 3rd season, on the bright side I am doing well with Senegal, I apply for higher jobs but nobody wants me, I will do a full season break down of season 3 after I finish it hopefully by tomorrow night.

Yanbian_Changbaishan_logo.png         Flag_of_Cameroon.png

With eyes set squarely on AFC Champions League, we had a poor start to the season, inluding a crash out of the cup by the hands of a lower league club. Once we got through the CL group stages (Pohang Steelers, Yokohama F. Marinos, Buriram Utd), which almost ended badly, we started to put in good performances in the league.
The first knockout round followed soon after, giving us one of the toughest teams and the reigning champions, Suwon Bluewings. 1-1 away and 2-0 at home was enough to dispatch them and then we got some breathing room and started smashing the league. We won it a bit more comfortably than last year, even with the luxury of resting our players for the final rounds of the CL.
Speaking of which, the draw kept pairing us with top Korean (Yeonbuk) and Chinese (Shanggang) teams, but we persisted and eventually, in the final, we were awarded with a bit weaker team, Saudi champions Al-Ahli. Easy 5-2 win at home and a 1-1 draw away saw us lift the trophy!

There's news on international front, too. My rep is high enough for African and Asian teams, so I started applying. DR Congo were too weak, so I got to choose between Egypt and Cameroon. Egypt were much higher on FIFA rankings, but Cameroon seemed more balanced as a team. So, this year we were playing ACN quals and started playing WC quals.
We almost failed to qualify for ACN, which would've been be a colossal disaster. The second quals haven't started well, either. Worrisome, to say the least.

20171124115434_1.thumb.jpg.b64029b7164137addcefcab3205e0293.jpg

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League     1st          3rd rnd                -                     -
2019       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          WINNERS                -                     -
2020       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          3rd rnd            AFC CL WINNERS            -

International

Season     Nation            Competition                      

2020       Cameroon          qualified for African Cup of Nations

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian)

1/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian)

1/5 club continental championships (Asia-Yanbian C.)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

57 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

All will be revealed soon. :) I had many options, some better, some worse.

Btw. you stopped playing?

I'm carrying on with my FM17 Dafuge save. Frankly, it's more fun than FM18. I want to do the Ultimate Challenge on FM18. I just don't want to have to actually play the game. 

Anyway, I didn't think it would take me long to finish the Dafuge challenge. I lost in the Championship playoff final last season, and over the summer made a few additions to ensure that my team was now unstoppable and could not fail. You can probably guess how that's turning out.:seagull:

So after 3 seasons of not getting anywhere with Universitario Popayan I managed to win the African Cup Of Nations with Senegal and my rep is now 45%, hopefully I will have a chance of getting a better club job, I resigned from Senegal, hoping to get another International manager job soon.

CLUB

0/10 Top Domestic Leagues
    0/10 Domestic Cups
    0/5 Club Continental Championships
    0/0 Club World Cups

International

1/5 Continental Tournaments
    0/2 World Tournaments

Total titles and cups 1/33

African Cup Of Nations.png

6000319.png         Flag_of_Cameroon.png

After resigning, I had all the time in the world to pick my next destination. My reputation is pretty decent at this moment, as well.

Loads of Championship teams have offered me a job, but most notable ones from top tiers were Nice, Nantes and Udinese. Now, all those clubs are a significant step up in my career and I'd sign for one of them if I was playing a classic journeyman save, but this challenge requires different strategy than your ordinary save.
With those mid table clubs, I'd be stuck for a while, trying to overachieve and hope that one of the big clubs will give me a job at some point. I decided to go the other route and started applying to top clubs in other continents, hoping to snatch trophies with them quickly.

After some MLS clubs turned me down, I got two offers from South Africa; Sundowns and Orlando Pirates. I've never managed Pirates before so that was my pick.
I joined with 2 games left in the league, but my eyes glistened when I saw we had to play a cup final. Yes, I did a @vikeologist. The cup is in the bag even before I started the job properly.

20171124190501_1.thumb.jpg.73d05b285d2b82d911169e133dbc39e2.jpg

On the international front, great news. I feared the Nations Cup a lot as I had nightmares in previous iterations of FM trying to win it. This time I decided to go all out attack instead of a careful approach because the experience has taught me this competition is REALLY random, so I thought I might as well go out with a blast.
We didn't go out, we won it! The final featured 3 red cards (two for our players) as well.

5a1f122dbc986_nationscup.thumb.png.aa130c391faf36dbf59828990c6454dc.png

2020       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          3rd rnd            AFC CL WINNERS            -
2020/21    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       4th          WINNERS                -                  took over 2 games to go + cup final

International

2021       Cameroon          African Cup of Nations WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C.)

2/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P.)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments ()

UPDATE

So after resigning as Senegal boss, I finished the season with Popayan and then started looking for a new job even if it was a sideways move just cos I had been at Popayan for 3 seasons and not got anywhere, so a fresh start was needed, I applied for a few jobs and got offered a job with Deportivo Pereira  S.A.

They are a decent team, they finished the season 9th so a better position then me as I finished 16th with Popayan, they have better players then Popayan and also they are in the Copa Sudamerica so I might be able to tick that off my list of honors.

I will let you know how I get on in my first season here when I have finished.

24 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

UPDATE

So after resigning as Senegal boss, I finished the season with Popayan and then started looking for a new job even if it was a sideways move just cos I had been at Popayan for 3 seasons and not got anywhere, so a fresh start was needed, I applied for a few jobs and got offered a job with Deportivo Pereira  S.A.

They are a decent team, they finished the season 9th so a better position then me as I finished 16th with Popayan, they have better players then Popayan and also they are in the Copa Sudamerica so I might be able to tick that off my list of honors.

I will let you know how I get on in my first season here when I have finished.

Sorry It's Not The Sudamericana It's The Libertadores

DEPORTIVO PERIERA S.A UPDATE

So my first season in charge of Periera went well, I ended up 7th in the league, I got 72 points, winning 21 games, drawing 9 and losing 14, it took me a while to find a good formation but once I did I was banging in the wins but losing a few games to the top teams in the league.

I lost in the play off semi finals to Envigado, my best player was a striker called Jesus Rodriguez, he banged in 27 goals for me, what a player.

I also took over as Russia national team manager to help build my rep up to get me a bigger job down the road.

Jesus Rodriguez.png

Wuhan Zhuo'er
Chinese Super League 2020

The season started as we left off last season, with a 2-0 win over Jiangsu.  This time in the Chinese Super Cup, it's always nice to start the season with a cup.
The leage season also carried as we had before, mainly winning with the odd draw or defeat.  Our historic rival Beijing and Jiangsu challenged with us at the top of the table until Beijing fell off the pace and it was just us and Jiangsu.  We clinched the title on the final day having dropped points in the run in to make it closer than it should have been.
The cup was a procession until the semi's where we needed penalties to overcome Shandong.  The final saw us face our rivals Beijing which we won comfortably 4-0 & 3-1.
In the Asian Champions League I was surprised to get through the group of Ulsan, Sanfrecce and Da Nang by winning all our games.  In the 2nd round we lost 1-3 away to Melbourne Victory before turning it around 4-0 in the home leg.  The quarter finals saw us despatch Al-Ittihad comfortably 2-1 & 3-0.  The semi's saw us face Huaxia and we squezed through 1-0 on aggregate thanks to the home leg win.  The final saw us face Shandong, we won the home leg 3-0 and nearly threw it away by loosing the away leg 1-3.
The World Club Cup quarter final pitched us against Seattle in an epic game that saw is snatch the winner in the 118th min to win 3-2 after coming from behind twice, once in normal time and once in extra time.  In the semi's we faced Internacional and lost to 2-1 thanks to an injury time goal.  Was so disappointed as it was an even game.  We then lost the 3rd/4th place play-off to Wydad Casablanca 1-2 where we performed poorly and it seemed the players didn't care.

5a21adca62208_EoSCompetitions.thumb.PNG.6c236cf5ca5ae3c94fff8520e2be0aa8.PNG

I was hired as the Serbia manager on 06/12/2020 and our first game isn't until March 2021.  The aim - qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Australia.
I'm currently studying for my Continental Pro licence.  And with everything ticked off in Asia from the club perspective I'm now looking at other club jobs.  I've enjoyed my time in China and is tempting to see if I can develop them to win the World Club Cup...probably something for another save.  

5a21add0cb958_EoSManagerProfile.thumb.PNG.3ad98778ad1bdc93f224040f2c60ea3f.PNG

As I leave Wuhan are now in a good position, they've a reasonable squad with a core of young home grown talent and a sprinkling of decent foreigners.  The staff quota has also risen this season and the finances are a healthy £14m.  The only thing I've neglected is to upgrade the facilities.  When I joined Wuhan they were in the 2nd tier and getting crowds of 4k, twice this season (Cup & Champions League finals) we filled the 60k capacity stadium although the average attendance is 26k.

Challenge Progress:

Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (CHI)
1/10 domestic cups (CHI)
1/5 club continental championships (ACL-Wuhan 2020)
0/1 club world championship ()

International
0/2 world tournaments ()

CLUB CAREER
							Leagues				Cups
Season	NAT	Club			Division			1st	2nd	1st	2nd		Cont.		CWC		Other & Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017	CHI	Wuhan			CNFD	5th													Joined in 9th place after 13 games and out of cups
2018	CHI	Whuan			CNFD	1st			Qtr										Promoted as champions
2019	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st			Win										League & Cup double.
2020	CHI	Wuhan			CSL		1st			Win					Win			4th		Trebble Winners (+domestic super cup)

INTERNATIONAL CAREER
					Rank		Cups
Year	Nation		FIFA	NL	World	Cont.	Conf.	Other & Notes
2020	Serbia		21st

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6000319.png         

With B team playing the cups and CAF Confederation Cup, all irrelevant at this point, my best players could focus only on the league. We stormed it, almost reaching the unbeatable heights, but there's always that one game where AI pulls random penalties, set piece goals, red cards etc. out of its a*s and you lose.

20171127171345_1.thumb.jpg.34aca31479e0cff3746e72096c860196.jpg

Either way, there's only the CL left and there's good news and bad news there. Good news is that Kaiser Chiefs finished 3rd, which means arguably the biggest competitors for the CL title are out of it for the next season. The bad news is the CL structure itself, which begins mid season and finishes mid season the following year. That means I'll have to stay at least one and a half seasons more, with nothing to play but the Champions League.

On the international front, I'm jobless, still waiting for a good opportunity.

2020/21    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       4th          WINNERS                -                  took over 2 games to go + cup final
2021/22    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners                -                     -

International

2021       Cameroon          African Cup of Nations WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

2/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P.)

2/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P.)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments ()

I'm back...and with a vengence. Most of you won't remember me but I'm sure vikeologist will. 

I took part in the original challenge thread and actually was well on my way to finish the challenge. However I took the challenge too seriously and actually spent too much time playing the game. If I recall correctly I had won everything in Europe and S. America, both on club and International level) as well as the world cup. I  pretty much spent all my free time playing Football Manager and I just got physically and mentally sick of the game. I quit the game and didn't play football manager again. Until now. I got the bug again and my god am I ready. 

The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge is still the best save I have ever undertaken, and the original thread was full of awesome people and FM stories. This time around I will take my time and above have fun. 

My starting profile. 
2cioms.png

Edited by burtur

burtur - Update on Season 1

After months of eating nothing but rice and water, about 7 unsuccessfull job interviews and countless unsuccessfull job applications I finally cought my first managerial break. I am now the proud manager of...

SD-Formentera-Logo-FootballTicketNet.png

Sociedad Deportiva Formentera

It's a semi-professional club based in the Spanish Balearic Islands. Our goal is to avoid automatic relegation and I think it's going to be quite the challenge. League standings below. 

image.thumb.png.c2cb57d263730c4b1337e19d39a96c10.png

DEPORTIVO PEREIRA S.A UPDATE

I finished my 2nd season with Pereira top of the league 2nd phase  so can someone please verify if this means I have achieved my first league win as I don't understand the Colombian league very well other then it is split into 2 x half seasons.

Jesus Rodriguez is one hell of a player, 54 goals in 66 games all together with banging in 40 goals in 52 league games.

David Castaneda is a machine, look at the screenshot I have done for him,  44 goals in 66 games, 34 leagues in 52 league games and 35 assists.

I also managed to help Russia qualify for the Europeon Championships.

I have also had another takeover approach, will see how this one goes.

First Division 2nd Phase.png

Another Takeover.png

David Castaneda.png

Jesus Rodriguez.png