The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

Cool. Also does this have to be on 18? Just thinking because I bet I still don't like it when I get on tonight, would love to use 17 and post updates.

I guess @vikeologist should answer this to verify, but as far as I know you can go back all the way to FM15 if you want, as long as you comply to the rules regarding setup etc.

Good luck by the way, even if I am sad this might mean you will leave Giant 70...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheEarl said:

I guess @vikeologist should answer this to verify, but as far as I know you can go back all the way to FM15 if you want, as long as you comply to the rules regarding setup etc.

Good luck by the way, even if I am sad this might mean you will leave Giant 70...

Well I've still got 2 saves from the giant 70 I will go back to, I just thinking that as I've seen people posting after many season with added leagues they get issues and this challenge doesn't seem to have any long term issues maybe see how I get on.

Just now, bigmattb28 said:

Well I've still got 2 saves from the giant 70 I will go back to, I just thinking that as I've seen people posting after many season with added leagues they get issues and this challenge doesn't seem to have any long term issues maybe see how I get on.

Ok, wish you good luck in both challenges then ;)

I haven't got any issued on either yet, but we might find out later if there is a problem ;)

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Skogmus Good luck at Everbright. And it's not true that you can't win a landmark with New Zealand. I'm expecting you to have the World and Confederation Cups sown up within 4 years, or the thread dynamic will go to pot.

Thanks. I know NZ could qualify for both WC and Confed. but I can't really see us winning any of those. They are also 2.5 and 3.5 years away from current date, which is a long time to stay with this country. Can't say that I wouldn't enjoy leading New Zealand to victory in the World Cup, but I think that would be difficult enough without focusing on everything else.

7 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Cool. Also does this have to be on 18? Just thinking because I bet I still don't like it when I get on tonight, would love to use 17 and post updates.

As Earl says, any version since '15 is fine. Like yourself, I find '18 unenjoyable to play. (The first version of FM / CM for 20 or 21 years that I feel that way about). 

All the versions are in this one thread, although as mentioned previously, if the Confederations Cup and World Club Cup are going, there will have to be a new thread for '19 to go with the new challenge. 

I am determined though that this thread get to 100 pages. 加油! We can do it.

10 hours ago, vikeologist said:

As Earl says, any version since '15 is fine. Like yourself, I find '18 unenjoyable to play. (The first version of FM / CM for 20 or 21 years that I feel that way about). 

All the versions are in this one thread, although as mentioned previously, if the Confederations Cup and World Club Cup are going, there will have to be a new thread for '19 to go with the new challenge. 

I am determined though that this thread get to 100 pages. 加油! We can do it.

Awesome mate, I tried 18 again last night and just couldn't get on with it. I have had a few goes at the other challenge where you use added leagues but after reading a few posts people have some issues long term with added leagues, bit of a shame as I like playing in obscure nations. Anyway I've started this and my profile and leagues loaded as shown:

profile.thumb.PNG.bd5a582c8b34c3ad31bebb7e76e1f286.PNGLeagues22.thumb.PNG.36d9f2b1fbdaa8a1a523831a7470f6ac.PNG

I have the 5 main European leagues as view only for now, and my aim is start in Sweden and go to Asia but we'll see. I like realism in my game and Sweden's lowest playable league all the teams are half a star rep so that's where I'm aiming to start as there's a few jobs going although they're all at the bottom of their division's but we'll see, if I get a job there there's a good chance I;d get relegated, but that's the beauty of FM! I have Malaysia and Hong Kong  loaded as on a previous save I won the confederations cup with Perlis in Malaysia and got to the Asian champs league final with them so maybe can do it again, and Hong Kong as I see that league as a rep builder, win it or the cup there and try moving to Korea or China (view only for now). Russia as I see that as a top league I could win, eventually. USA & Mexico for the leagues and chance for North American champs league. I also have Brazil and Argentina as view only. I will remove the leagues as I go and add nations I want to go to as I go on.

I'll get a proper update posted when I get back on tonight.

Edited by bigmattb28

Thinco's never Lucky

5a4e4c5638a92_DefensorSporting.thumb.jpg.d8324f5bc9d4d20a2b49dcabb63dab6b.jpg

A despression had almost hit Thinco as he sat at is his appartment in Montevideo for months.  He applied at different clubs every day, They  laughed at him. 
The few appointments that he had ended in nothing. Always there was a manager with more experience or the chairman did not like his handling at Villa Espoñola. Nothing wrong with a few lies to keep your players happy and applying at other clubs, right?
But then, around Christmas, something magical happened. Thinco was invited by Nicolás Medina, the Argentian (!) chairman of Defensor Sporting! 

With the promise of focussing on developing youngsters and keeping a good squad harmony Thinco could start in January. 
Defensor Sporting has a great squad, with lots of talent. But also some deadwood and good players at the same position. Also,  1,4 Million of the total expenses of 4 million is put into youth recruitment. Defensor Sporting has a lot less supporters (~4000 compared too ~50.000) than Atlético Peñarol and Club Nacional. This means that we have to sell our best players every year to keep the finances positive. And so we did..

Copa Libertadores

The season started with a important qualification match for the Copa Liberadores. We drew Deportivo Cali, the number 3 of Colombia last year. Two exiciting matching were played. We were better at home and equal away. Unfortunately we lost at home (1-2) though some defensive errors. We managed to win away (1-2), but lost with penals. 

5a4e515dbcbd6_CopaLibertadores2020.thumb.PNG.950b198eb70d1e71ca9c1d3ed07572d4.PNG

Opening Stage

Thinco started really well with Defensor. From the first 8 games, only 1 was lost. But then came our nemesis: Atletico Peñarol. With Villa Española Thinco did not manage to win against Peñarol and unfortunately it was not different with Defensor (0-2). 
This led to some other losses and draws. In the end we ended up 4 points behind Peñarol. 

5a4e5313ea30a_OpeningDefensor2020.thumb.PNG.ae22bee008d509f2da6b3f9ec2ec22d9.PNG

Intermedio

In the intermedio (cup) we had a really easy draw without Peñarol and Nacional. From the 8 games we lost only one and so we had to play the final against Peñarol, the winner of the other group. Defensor came ahead in a good first half. But in the second half the pressure got to big and Peñarol equalized. The extra time was dramatic for Thinco's defence. Error after error resulted in a 1-4e loss. 

5a4e5463292af_IntermedioFinalDefensor.thumb.PNG.90b4a09ca8802c08d10de924e1349235.PNG

Closing Stage

Same as the opening stage we started fantastic. We lead for a long time, because both Club Nacional as Atlético Peñarol started but. Thinco  was really proud, as he had to sell his best players in the summer transfer window. But some annoying draws and another loss against Peñarol made Defensor the runner up of the season, despite a 4-0 home win against Club Nacional. 

Transfers

After the opening stage Gonzalo Carneiro started complaining that he wanted to go to a bigger club. So he left to Brazil. With him we could've won the closing stage, as he was on 1 goal in 70 minutes at the moment.
The other players sold were also really good players, but didn't fit in Thinco's plan or the offer was just too good to turn down. 

5a4e57ceb83c7_Transfers2020.thumb.PNG.181b9aaf69c5e77dbcf69fc0e5dcffd5.PNG

Season 2021

Thinco really likes managing as Defensor. He loves to develop youngster. But Club Nacional and Peñarol have way more to spend and are both really hard to beat in the league. So he is not sure what next season will bring. 

Season    Team                    League                     Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup       Notes
2017	  Villa Española	  Secunda División	      5th        -                        N/A                  Promoted
2018      Villa Española	  Primera División	      9th        -                        N/A               
2019	  Villa Española          Primera División            11th       -                        N/A                  Sacked - National C and B license
2020      Defensor Sporting       Primera División            2nd        runner up                DNQ                  National A license 

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues 

0/10 domestic cups

0/5 club continental championships

0/1 club world championship

International

0/5 continental tournaments 

0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by Cross

Sociedade_Esportiva_Palmeiras-logo-0214F413+22aQXkL._SX300_.jpg

My Brazil team was so overwhelmingly better than anyone else it's ridiculous. Literally on every position I had one of the best players in the world.
Copa America on the whole reflected that, even though in the beginning the game threw a few punches at me for shi*s and giggles. We got 4 players injured in the 2nd game and missed 7 CCCs in the 3rd game.
The luck came back roaring, however. Colombia beat Argentina, Paraguay beat Colombia and Japan beat Chile, thus eliminating all the teams who could've given me a resemblance of trouble. 

copa.thumb.png.b540b1c17ab40826d705942e8f1b6896.png

Domestically, there's not much to add to our dominance except that I'VE DONE IT!

20180102130818_1.thumb.jpg.2096c19bf35e4780aeea678c146ba335.jpg

Final thoughts

I tried this challenge on FM 16 and 17, failed both times. You need real patience, persistence and luck. If you want to do this challenge as quickly as possible, don't do it at all. You'll get extremely frustrated when you drop a small domestic cup or lose unfairly in a final of particular competitions like Confederations Cup.
Just enjoy the ride and don't think about time and titles. I've managed to get myself into that sort of mindset for the first time and it paid off. The fact I got ridiculously lucky at certain points helped a bit.

The other really important thing, in my opinion, is the order of things. Judging by three FMs of experience in this, the most optimal place to start is Africa/Asia, and then following each other in either sequence.
After that, you move to North America and then South America. Only then is your reputation ready for top European clubs where you just hop around the elite, picking titles easily.

If you follow that path, it means you gradually follow your reputation and you'll always manage some of the best teams on respective continents.
Good luck to you all, I'll keep checking your progress.

Untitled.thumb.png.6805fd2c9c78798606fb26d9c8e93172.png

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 

2017       Neimenggu Zhongyou    Chinese Jia League     9th           -                     -                  took over 15 games to go, 16th place
2018       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Jia League     1st          3rd rnd                -                     -
2019       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          WINNERS                -                     -
2020       Yanbian Changbaishan  Chinese Super League   1st          3rd rnd            AFC CL WINNERS            -
2020/21    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       4th          WINNERS                -                  took over 2 games to go + cup final
2021/22    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners                -                     -
2022/23    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership       1st          winners         CAF Conf.Cup winners         -
2023/24    Orlando Pirates       ABSA Premiership        -             -                CAF CL WINNERS         resigned mid season after winning the CL
2023/24    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     WINNERS       WINNERS                -                  joined before Closing Stage, won it
2024/25    Tigres UANL           Mexican First Div     winners         -             CONCACAF CL WINNERS       won both Opening and Closing Stage
2025/26    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           5th round       Copa Lib semifinals          -
2026/27    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st             -              Copa Lib WINNERS         CWC runners-up
2027/28    Boca Juniors          Primera Division      1st           WINNERS          Copa Lib winners         CWC WINNERS
2028/29    Bayern M.             Bundesliga            1st           WINNERS           CL runners-up              -
2029/30    Bayern M.             Bundesliga            1st           winners           CL WINNERS                 -
2030/31    Paris SG              Ligue 1               1st           WINNERS           CL winners              unbeaten in the league
2031/32    Manchester City       Premier League        1st           WINNERS           CL winners              Carabao Cup win, FA Cup semis
2032/33    Real Madrid           La Liga               1st           WINNERS          CL group stage           Europa League winners
2033/34    Inter                 Serie A               1st           WINNERS           CL winners                 -
2034       Palmeiras             Série A               4th            -               Copa Lib winners         joined with 18 games to go + Copa Lib QF 
2035       Palmeiras             Série A               1st           WINNERS          Copa Lib winners            -

International

Season     Nation            Competition                      

2020       Cameroon          qualified for African Cup of Nations
2021       Cameroon          African Cup of Nations WINNERS
2023       Japan             AFC Asian Cup WINNERS
2028       Mexico            Gold Cup WINNERS
2030       England           World Cup WINNERS
2031       England           European International League winners
2032       England           European Championship WINNERS
2033       England           Confederations Cup WINNERS
2035       Brazil            Copa America WINNERS

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J., Germany-Bayern M., France-PSG, England-Man City, Spain-Real M., Italy-Inter, Brazil-Palmeiras)

10/10 domestic cups (China-Yanbian C., South Africa-Orlando P., Mexico-Tigres U., Argentina-Boca J., Germany-Bayern M., France-PSG, England-Man City, Spain-Real M., Italy-Inter, Brazil-Palmeiras)

5/5 club continental championships (Asia-Yanbian C., Africa-Orlando P., North America-Tigres U., South America-Boca J., Europe-Bayern M.)

1/1 club world championship (Boca Juniors)

International

5/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon, Asia-Japan, North America-Mexico, Europe-England, South America-Brazil)

2/2 world tournaments (World Cup-England, Confederations Cup-England)

2019/20 Review - Charlton

Image result

After taking over Charlton in 11th midway through the season I was confident we could push for the playoffs. At points we flirted with the top 6 but were never consistant enough in the end. Lots of players came in and some of my bigger names left which affected morale and results. I have full confidence though that next season will be a good one. The squad I have looks decent.

Transfers In/Out - Everything after Dec 19 is my business

fm_2018-01-04_21-28-33.thumb.png.56f9bc1daff8fcb0d7c07e11c4964663.png

If you look closely you will see we signed a 34 year old Wayne Rooney, more to be a influential player in the dressing room!

The League One Final Table

fm_2018-01-04_21-38-37.thumb.png.ac910d5a7d5d8ac76a290527c15069f8.png

My Player of the Season - Ollie McBurnie

fm_2018-01-04_21-38-48.thumb.png.941893da7e974dbe2a4ae5cd911557dd.png

In other news: I am now doing my Continental C License and my rep has increased to  %, a sharp increase mainly due to the size of club I'm at

What next? I'm more than likely gonna stick it out here for a season (as long as nothing massive comes up!), we can easily push for promotion and will give me a good rep increase if I can. The only issue is I clearly have very little support from the players or the board so a bad run of results could lead to me getting the boot.

An international job is now one of my main priorities, I need to start ticking some trophies off!

Season     Team                  League                Position    Domestic Cup       Continental Cup          Notes 
17/18      Grimsby Town          English League 2      15th        N/A                N/A                      Took over November 2017
18/19      Grimsby Town          English League 2      5th         FA Cup 3rd Rd      N/A                      Lost in Play off Final
19/20      Charlton              English League 1                                                              Got Charlton job Dec 2019

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

0/5 club continental championships ()

0/1 club world championship ()

International

0/5 continental tournaments ()

0/2 world tournaments ()

Congratulations, @shirajzl! That's a pretty impressive last season you have there, and you just tore everyone apart in the knockout-stage of Copa Amerika. Can't really understand what Japan is doing in that cup, but oh well.. 

@shirajzl Welcome to the hall of fame. The first completion of FM18, and the first Classic / Touch completion for ages. You certainly had a far smoother ride in FM18 than previous versions, so well done on your tactics, which you could always give us a hint about. 

@Cheekybananafm Looks like a good foundation for next season. Were Grimsby promoted without you?

@Cross I'd guess both stages count, so hopefully one of your two bites at the cherry next year will pay off.

8 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@shirajzl Welcome to the hall of fame. The first completion of FM18, and the first Classic / Touch completion for ages. You certainly had a far smoother ride in FM18 than previous versions, so well done on your tactics, which you could always give us a hint a about.

It's really simple. There are two things to remember.

a) previous experiences with this challenge have taught me that playing cautiously, trying to balance when to go on offensive, when to shut up shop etc. is really bad for mental health. You're far less likely to get fu*ked by the AI if you just relentlessly attack and always try to score one more instead of concede less.

b) FM 18 in particular has problems with crosses and three up front. In the beginning I was trying to stop it and then realize it was futile. If you can't beat them, join them. Any combination of attacking fullbacks/wingbacks and three up front (either ST-ST-ST, AML-ST-AMR or AM-ST-ST) works well.

Can't upload any more images as they're all too big. Anyway I am at the penultimate game of the season and am 1 point away from getting out the relegation zone, if we win and other results go our way we'll go into the last game of the season out of the relegation zone. I'll update later.

In FM17 this challenge is the only game that I have played and propably will play. So watching how many Steam Achievements I can get during one save is interesting. So far I'm sitting on 41 achievements. Latest one being: Best in the Business Some other notable ones: Parked the Tank, On Top Of The World, Overachiever!, Takeover Survival and Top Form

edit. also 100 posts to SI community :eek:

Edited by yugular

Going into last 2 games of my first season in Sweden here's how we shape up:

league.thumb.JPG.6c64a19739dde917606f2a85f7e17650.JPGpenultimate.thumb.JPG.d3d22d44fb89db47ccd7bc375cda446a.JPG

Here's what happened:

31.thumb.JPG.3e175d715c2226367527874510dc625b.JPG

So it's all down to the last game of the season.

last.thumb.JPG.554949651e319349453d6f32ad21db76.JPGquestion.thumb.JPG.e8c109eaf8266c8212f3d2b3f58ad7c3.JPGques2.thumb.JPG.1db44e8149bde0d21037c47e99010a71.JPG

The result?

neverindoubt.thumb.JPG.b6cd0b33560ef49cc955b9dae826cbcf.JPG

Never in doubt! I'm going to stay here for at least this season, if we go up then I'll probably stay another, if not well I'll see. I can't see me getting any of the competition wins with this team for a long long time. My aim is to build up enough of a rep in the leagues i have loaded at the minute then go on to higher rep leagues in the search for competition wins. 

CLUB

Season   | Club                         | League pos.   | Cont. achievements   | Domestic cup achievements         | Notes                                                                                                        |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016       | Sodertalje (SWE)   |11th                  | N/A                                | N/A                                                         | Avoided relegation on the last day                                                  |

Edited by bigmattb28

2023 – Shijiazhuang Yongchang // Mexico

Logo_yongchang.png          500px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

Manager ProfileClub Fixtures 1Club Fixtures 2International Fixtures
TransfersCompetitionsPlayer Stats

Let's start with the international summary of this year. As you might see, I have left my post in New Zealand for the benefit of Mexico this season. I did not play any games with New Zealand before I got the Mexico job, so there are no matches to report from here. When I came to Mexico I found a squad with some world class players and some positions with no quality at all. This made it difficult to find a good formation for this team, and I can't really say that I found one that worked very well at all. The upcoming NA Gold Cup was really the main reason that I took the job, and when it started I had no clue what my best XI was and what formation to play. Anyways we got off to a good start, qualifying for the knockout stage as 2nd behind reigning champion Jamaica. Easy win in the quarter final, close win in extra time with one man more against USA and tight game we managed to turn our way agains Jamaica in the final secured us the Gold Cup trophy. I played a few more training matches before I understood that I can't really do well at Confederations Cup 2025 and therefore resigned in November, happy to have won my first international landmark.

As for the season at Yongchang, I have mixed feelings. We continued improving and secured a 3rd place from what was predicted to be 17th. For this I'm happy and as we qualified for Champions League, so I'm really looking for a new season here. But this season was really ours to win. We were top 2 for most of the season, and 1st after almost every round. A sequence of poor matches with crucial defensive individual errors in September month sees us to 3rd on a really tight table. It's been a long time since I was this frustrated with FM because I really believed I could win the league this season. This puts a bit more pressure on next season, as I would really like to win the Chinese league as a part of this challenge. Anyways, the players continue to improve well and Josh Johnson is a proven star for us. Will probably look to strengthen our defence for the following season to build on what we have now. As a final remark, I will say that I have not been bored with this season, and if you look at the results you will see that there have been a lot of goals to enjoy both ways (specially in the first half).

CLUB MANAGEMENT
Season    Team                     League                     Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup   Notes
2017/18   Hong Kong Rangers        Hong Kong Premier League   6th        1st/1st/2nd/Qtr. final   N/A               National C-license, 2 domestic cups
2018      Geylang International    Singaporean League         6th        1st/3rd                  N/A               Took over 7th with 8 games to go, 1 domestic cup
2019      Geylang International    Singaporean League         1st        1st/2nd                  N/A               National B-license, 1 domestic cup
2020      N/A                      N/A                        N/A        N/A                      N/A               Unemployed
2021      N/A                      N/A                        N/A        N/A                      N/A               No club job
2022      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League       10th       3rd round                N/A               Continental C-license, expected last in league, 3rd best in 2nd half of the season
2023      Shijiazhuang Yongchang   Chinese Super League       3rd        4th round                N/A               Continental B-license, expected last in league, qualified for ACL

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        FIFA Ranking   Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2020     Iraq          66th           N/A                      N/A                Took over just before new year, no games
2021     Iraq          74th           N/A                      N/A                Resigned when I didn't qualify to WC, fell 8 places on FIFA ranking during my stay
2022     New Zealand   85th           N/A                      N/A                Played well in friendlies, 9 places up on FIFA ranking, starting to figure out how this works..
2023     Mexico        26th           1st                      N/A                Won Gold Cup, went up 2 places on FIFA ranking before I resigned

Challenge Progress
Club
1/10 top domestic leagues (Geylang, SIN;)
2/10 domestic cups (Rangers, HKG; Geylang, SIN;)

International
1/5 continental tournaments (Gold Cup, MEX; )
0/2 world tournaments ()

Edited by Skogmus

Only a quick start of season update from me, I'll be on FM this morning though so depending on how much I get done I might get another update on. Managed to survive on the last day of the season so this season I'm optimistic we can push on for top 6. Season preview reckons we're still bottom half fodder:

preview.thumb.JPG.0c335362d8659315115b28a2b3921153.JPG

Made a few free transfer signings as got no transfer fund but a bit in the wage budeget

transin.thumb.JPG.93d1db9cf29a865a6cafab04fefe07ec.JPG

bangura.thumb.JPG.0cb573adc31819615121dd07ead7c7d8.JPG

hagren.thumb.JPG.86e592434ac15c8a0d622a4144ea2031.JPG

tabiri.thumb.JPG.abe19b18ca611f73d6f3934c6aa5e776.JPG

Final free transfer was this guy my DOF found:

linq1.thumb.JPG.4488d7fc1184c5fcdacf263044550881.JPGlinq2.thumb.JPG.4ef4eb8752f923d688ad51851da03bb7.JPG

Going to see how this season plays out, if we go up I'll stay, if not well it depends on where we finish.

Hibernian_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.215ed56360913b1d61e411f1390835af.png1200px-Flag_of_Wales_2_svg.thumb.png.3b2b6187f152e8d39a6a86b05b833ada.png

2020/2021 Season

I probably wasted by time with this season by staying with Hibernian, I really wanted one last stab at trying to overthrow Celtic. There was improvement as we finished 2nd only 8 points behind Celtic. Last season we finished 3rd and 26 points behind Celtic so a bit of improvement from last season. But unfortunately I still couldn't  dethrone Celtic.

I retained the Scottish Cup winning that again which was good, although having won before no progress in terms of Ultimate Challenge. I was knocked out of the Europa League in the group stage, but the money we got from reaching group stage was a big help for the club. The only other competition was the Betfred Cup which I was knocked out by Aberdeen in the quarter final. 

Was happy as I used a lot of young players, signed a great young player from Brazil, a regen called Dacio. But another Brazilian stole the show this season, a young player I signed on a free last season called Douglas Aurelio, he got 41 goals in 49 matches. 

I've now made my first venture into international management by taking the Wales job, not much to report at the moment as still going through qualification however I did beat Spain 6-0 at home which I still don't really understand myself, but either way was a great win. 

Although I'm enjoying Hibernian, I know I have to move on... sadly. I will probably keep my Hibernian save and try and dethrone Celtic once this challenge is wrapped up. 

So I've already moved on and i'm taking over at Wolves who have just won promotion into the Premier League and as you can imagine have given me a hefty transfer budget. I will keep you all updated once I finish this next season!

Season | Team             |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2018/19| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2019/20| Hibernian        |3rd      | Scottish Cup Winners! 	
2020/21| Hibernian        |2nd      | Scottish Cup Winners! 

Domestic Cups 1/10 -  Scottish Cup (Hibernian)

Well guess who's save file got corrupted? MINE! So restarted the challenge, this time not as many view only leagues.  At the start of the game in June 16 I applied and the got at a club in Indonesia called Persatun Sepak Bola Mojokerto  Putra in the second division group B. They were second bottom after 6 games but now we're third with 7 games remaining.

mojokerto.thumb.JPG.e84221e08a869df4217b6575a87be448.JPGfixtures.thumb.JPG.7a6bbf76c4d53dd7590d1a4dfb899202.JPG

I plan on seeing this season through and then if we go up I'm staying, if not I will see whats available, I've already seen 3 jobs in Malaysia as insecure, I've had a lot of success on previous saves there so I'll wait and see.

2016/17 Season- Airbus UK Broughton

Airbus_UK_Broughton_FC_logo.jpg

So I am attempting this challenge again and have decided to start in Wales with Airbus UK Broughton who I joined 23 games into the season with the team in 9th place. Here is my Manager Profile.

Competitions- Although the team was already out of the cups before I joined, we managed to climb 2 spots in the league in the 9 games I was at the club, managing to secure a spot in the European Places Playoff, where we lost in the semi-final to Bangor City. In my 11 games at the club, including playoffs, I only lost 2 games.

Best Player- Ryan Edwards- My central-midfielder/right back was amazing before and after I joined the club, one of the first things I did at this club was sign him down for another year.

|Year|Club|League|League Position|Cup Finish|Notes
|2016/17|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|7th|3rd Round|Joined after 23 games in 9th

0/10 Domestic Leagues
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/5 Continential Competitions
0/1 Club World Cup

0/2 International Competitions

2020/21 - Season Review

Image result

What a season! I completely revamped the squad and we smashed the league! Winning the league with 4 games to spare

fm_2018-01-09_14-17-10.thumb.png.4209a4d7b85a50729e44d8c084e6e112.png

I also won the Chekatrade Trophy but no one cares about that!

Onwards and upwards for me, my rep is now at 50% and I'm currently learning my Continental A Licence. Still no international job though

SEASON	CLUB		DIVISION		POSITION	DOMESTIC CUP	CONTINENTAL CUP	INFO
17/18	Grimsby Town	English League 2	15th		N/A		N/A	Took over Nov 17
18/19	Grimsby Town	English League 2	5th		FA Cup 3rd Rd	N/A	Lost in Playoff Final
19/20	Charlton	English League 1	11th		N/A		N/A	Took over Dec 19
20/21	Charlton	English League 1	1st		FA Cup 3rd Rd		League One Champions, Chekatrade Trophy Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues ()

0/10 domestic cups ()

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

chrome_2018-01-09_14-14-57.png

YES! I played another season through and managed to win a quadruple of competitions with my Liverpool. Will post about it later on when I have time! This doesn't take me to the leaderboards yet tho as I currently sit in 9 trophies eligible for this challenge after this season...

6683__1925__logo-125-splash-new-padded.p

QUADRUPLE!!!!

I started the season by winning Community Shield against Tottenham. Next up was UEFA Super Cup against AS Monaco that has been the dominant force in Europe winning 4 of the 7 last Champions League titles. Well that didn't go well as I lost 1-3 and didn't stand a chance. But this competition doesn't count for the challenge anyways?

I had a tough Group Stage in Champions League with AS Monaco again + strong FC Porto and weak Fenerbache. I placed second after Monaco and continued from there to the Finals where I faced AS Monaco again! In group stage we played some tight encounters and I won 1-0 at home and lost 1-0 away. Finals were thrilling, their substitute striker scored the first goal at 113th minute but I managed to score from the next attack and won the penalty shootout!

In Premier League we were unstoppable after the first few mediocre weeks. We only conceded 16 goals during the League and won the it with 13 point margin to Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester City. Our record was 27-8-3 (89pts)

svcEt5S.jpg

Next up FIFA World Cup with Croatia again! I just noticed that their managers job security was low and declared interest. They immediately hired me and now I have a chance to fight for another World Cup title which would then lead to Confederations Cup possibility...

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia
Challenge Progress 9/33

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool)
 2/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool)
 2/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)

2017/18 Airbus UK Broughton

Airbus_UK_Broughton_FC_logo.jpg

Competitions- We finished 5th in the league, which didn't really matter to me because we were so far behind TNS. But what really hurt was a 4-1 loss to TNS in the Welsh Cup final stopping me from getting my first piece of silverware.

Best Player- James Owen- A great signing from Gap Connahs Quay at the start of the year played really well all season while other people struggled

My Plans- I managed to obtain my National C License and have decided to leave Wales with my next destination South Africa, Malaysia or Australia to hopefully get my first title. I've made this decision because I think it will be years until I can comfortably beat TNS. I have already had failed interviews at Melbourne City and Ajax Cape Town, with a news article stating I was favorite for Melbourne City. I am currently only in the running for the Western Sydney Wanderers who I haven't heard back from yet. Side note, my contract has run out at Airbus UK Broughton, I am not resigning.

|2016/17|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|7th|3rd Round|Joined after 23 games in 9th
|2017/18|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|5th|Runners-Up|Left at end of season

0/10 Domestic Leagues
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/1 Club World Cup

@GloryFan2002 Hard luck in the cup. At least you got your coaching license. Always good to be able to get that in your first job. Hope it's enough to get you a good second job.

@yugular Congrats on your season. Looking forward to putting you on the leader board with your next landmark.

@Cheekybananafm Congrats on promotion. Hopefully you can get to the Premier league one way or another this season.

@bigmattb28 Looking forward to your end of season tale.

@YellowLittle Nobody ever takes my boyhood club Hibs to glory in this challenge. Not that I'm offering. I've only ever managed it once on FM ever, and it took ages. If you do return to the save, I hope you'll write about it somewhere on the forum. GL at Wolves.

@Skogmus Congrats on the Gold Cup. Always weird to see Guangzhou not win the league. Managing in China will be a lot more interesting if SI ever manage to implement the new transfer rules, but it's not ever clear yet whether the Chinese FA will be able to implement them.

2018 Guizhou Zhicheng/Ivory Coast U23s

Guizhou_Hengfeng_Zhicheng.png1200px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d'Ivoire.svg.pn

So it has been an eventful 5 months since my last update, I gave up on trying to get a job in South Africa or Australia and took the Guizhou Zhicheng job in the Chinese Jia League. When I took over the team was in 1st place after 22 games as their previous manager had taken the Hangzhou Greentown job in the Chinese Super League. Immediately I asked for my National B Licence as the club had 7 million in the bank and I got it. So it has been a really good start in China. I have also taken my first international job with the Ivory Coast U23s who will play qualifiers for the U23 African Cup of Nations next year. I know this competition doesn't count but it will hopefully give me some extra reputation as well as possibly lead to the main team job in a few years.

Competitions- Although we were already out of the cup we were still very much in contention for the league when I arrived as we were winning a three horse between us, Shanghai Shenxin and Shijiazhuang Yongchang. This race ended up with me only needing a point from my final game to secure the title and promotion (although, Shenxin and Yongchang did have 2 games remaining at that point, so the league wasn't as close as it looked at that point). We ended up achieving this with Dutch attacking midfielder Tjaronn Chery (you'll hear more about him later) firing in our only goal in a 1-1 draw against ,id-table Huanghai

Best Player- Tjaronn Chery- The ex-QPR Dutchman played an extremely crucial role in our teams promotion with him being one of our two foreigners (the other being Kenyan striker Michael Olunga). He scored 15 goals and got 8 assists in his role as trequarista with a fair few of those coming in the 10 games I was in charge. Will definitely remain as a key player next year in the Super League.

Future Plans- Push for mid-table in the Super League, qualify for the U23 African Cup of nations, get to a Continential C License, simple.

|2017/18|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|5th|Runners-Up|Left at end of season
|2018|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Jia League|1st|4th Round|Joined after 22 games in 1st

0/10 Domestic Leagues
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/1 Club World Cup

|Year|Nation|Ranking|Notes
|2018|Ivory Coast U23|N/A|No games played so far

9 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@YellowLittle Nobody ever takes my boyhood club Hibs to glory in this challenge. Not that I'm offering. I've only ever managed it once on FM ever, and it took ages. If you do return to the save, I hope you'll write about it somewhere on the forum. GL at Wolves.

I definitely will mate, I was really enjoying it. Got some good youngsters there do it's definitely on. John Hartson replaced me and there struggling again now. Cowdenbeath have also been relegated to where we started as well. Always disappoints me when my work goes down the drain. 

6 minutes ago, YellowLittle said:

I definitely will mate, I was really enjoying it. Got some good youngsters there do it's definitely on. John Hartson replaced me and there struggling again now. Cowdenbeath have also been relegated to where we started as well. Always disappoints me when my work goes down the drain. 

Yes, sometimes you leave after winning the league 2 or 3 times in a row, and then the season after you left they plummet down the table, and you're like;

'How is that possible? Literally all you had to do was nothing. Don't say anything, don't do anything, don't sign or sell anyone. Just play golf all week and send out the guys to do what they do. Honestly, at this point they're like performing dolphins and you just have to hypnotise them into thinking the football is a fish and the goal is a hoop. How did you destroy my legacy????"

10 hours ago, vikeologist said:

@Skogmus Congrats on the Gold Cup. Always weird to see Guangzhou not win the league. Managing in China will be a lot more interesting if SI ever manage to implement the new transfer rules, but it's not ever clear yet whether the Chinese FA will be able to implement them.

Thanks. Guangzhou have had a couple of bad years now on this save, with two consecutive 4th places in the league, after finishing top 2 all 5 seasons before that. I'm about to start the 2024 season right now, and Guangzhou is predicted by media to finish 2nd this year behind Shanggang. Don't want to put too much into that prediction even though it's interesting to see, since we are predicted 17th this year and Chongqing Lifan are predicted 10th (they finished 3rd and 1st the last two seasons). 

Thinco's revenge

5a5a2fa85b0ba_Thinco2021.thumb.PNG.f8d96fdec28183b5dcd46057db623e18.PNG

5a5a2fdb08f15_DefensorSporting.thumb.jpg.8e827c5fa831f2e7a993f4172efe60c8.jpg

The season couldn't start better for Thinco.  In a tight game against Atlético Peñarol Thinco's team was finally lucky. This meant that Thinco won his first official cup in his career. Also, this gave the team confidence for the rest of season. 

5a5a307303c4e_SupercupUruguay2021.thumb.PNG.01c78fdfc9b764772f44bcfc177fbfa5.PNG

Copa Libertadores

This year we were automatically placed for the group stage. Unfortunately the draw was not in Defensor Sportings favor with one the best clubs from Chili and Brazil in the group. But the matches were easier than expected. A loss in the last game away against Cruzeiro made us end in the second place, which was enough to go through. 

5a5a31d3ceb4a_CopaLibertadores2021-1.thumb.PNG.0a7fda230acf05012988dc8fef895577.PNG

In the next round we had to play against São Paulo. An opponent which was to strong for us. Both games were lost with 1-0

5a5a32545b390_CopaLibertadores2021-2.thumb.PNG.132aa1fb14a460db48d1538193e11b65.PNG

Opening Stage

We rolled the opening stage. Atlético Peñarol started really bad and Club Nacional couldn't follow our lead in the end. The youngster from Defensor Sporting developed so fast and became too good for this league.

5a5a32d8dc7ef_Competion2021-1.thumb.PNG.4725631d298c663719f0cff823970645.PNG

Intermedio

In the intermedio (cup) we had an easy draw again. No Atlético Peñarol or Club Nacional. But both CA Cerro and Montevideo Wanderers had a really good run. In the end we all three ended with 16 points, but Defensor Sporting had the better goal difference and thus went to the final. 

In the final we finally had to play Club Nacional instead of Atlético Peñarol. But, the one loss of the opening stage was against Club Nacional, so we knew this was going to be a hard game. And hard it was. A red card and a penalty shootout thriller.   Luckely we won in the end, after lots of misses from both sides. 

5a5a3411ab73c_Cupfinal2021.thumb.PNG.71d6831ecc6d91a4e5d8f9708a4c7060.PNG

Closing Stage

The closing stage was a walkover. Early fixtures against Peñarol (win) and Nacional (draw) already decided that we were going to win this competion and that Thinco managed to win the treble in his 4th season of managing. 

5a5a3549b9a1f_Competion2021-2.thumb.PNG.037a9b7c807ca149063e450d3a7cec09.PNG

Transfers

Thinco started when Defensor Sporting was in debt. At the end of 2021 the club was in the positives against due to some good sales. The best players left, but young talent quickly replaced them. The future for Defensor Sporting seems bright. 

5a5a359e2d007_Transfer2021.thumb.PNG.25cfa28e798b88910219045fe490fd83.PNG

Season 2021

After winning the treble Thinco quit his job. He had a feeling that he was done in Uruguay and that his current reputation was enough to secure him a job at a topclub in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina or USA. We will have to see.. 

International

When Thinco saw a job vacany at Ivory Coast he decided to just apply, without much hope for getting the job. Suprisingly he inmediatly got offered a job interview and one week later he was hired. 
The reason became clear quickly. The last manager had troubles in a WC qualifing group with Cameroon, Zambia and Burkina Faso. But, there were still chances to qualify with only 2 points behind Cameroon. And so we did, because Cameroon lost against Zambia and Thinco won both his games with his new national team against Burkina Faso and Zambia. So we are going to the World Cup in Australia!

5a5a3754ca6c8_WCqualify.thumb.PNG.6464d8b1c2683470204f7911da76b959.PNG

Season    Team                    League                     Position   Domestic Cups            Continental Cup       Notes
2017	  Villa Española	  Secunda División	      5th        -                        N/A                  Promoted
2018      Villa Española	  Primera División	      9th        -                        N/A               
2019	  Villa Española          Primera División            11th       -                        N/A                  Sacked - National C and B license
2020      Defensor Sporting       Primera División            2nd        runner up                DNQ                  National A license 
2021      Defensor Sporting       Primera División            1st        winner                   2nd round            Continental C and B license

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Season   Nation        FIFA Ranking   Continental Tournament   World Tournament   Notes
2021     Ivory Coast   24th           N/A                      N/A                Qualified for WC 2022 in Australia

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues 

1/10 domestic cups

International

0/2 world tournaments 

2019- Guizhou Zhicheng/Ivory Coast U23s

Guizhou_Hengfeng_Zhicheng.png1200px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d'Ivoire.svg.pn

Since my last update we have made some valuable process. I am still at Guizhou Zhicheng and have had a very good year with both Guizhou and the Ivory Coast U23s (The Ivory Coast U23s in particular) despite not making any progress in terms of competitions with still no competitions for the challenge won. I am also currently studying for my Continental B Licence and my reputation is up to 50%.

Competitions- We comfortably survived in the league with 35 points finishing in 13th. We were knocked out of the cup in the 4th round however in one of Tjaronn Chery's (yes him again) many absences through injury during the season. A number of new signings played very well including foreign players Jhon Valoy (120k from Jinyang) and Theerathon Bunmathan (400k from Muangthon United). Altogether a good season for both me and the club and I am looking forward to pushing the club onto bigger things next season.

Best Player- Tjaronn Chery- Despite only playing 20 games and scoring 6 goals and getting 4 assists, the Dutchman was again extremely important to me when he was available with nearly all our wins coming with him in the team, including some memorable victories coming against Guangzhou Evergrande and Jiangsou Gouxin-Sainty. Nearly had his contract run out midseason as he was adamant about going to a bigger team but decided to stay with less than a week remaining on his contract

U23 African Cup of Nations- We won the U23 African Cup of Nations, winning on penalties against Nigeria in the final. Player of the tournament has to go to USC Bassam stopper and penalty hero goalkeeper Mohamed Bagayoko who only conceded 1 goal in 5 games keeping 4 clean sheets and being the hero in the final when it came down to penalties

Future Plans- I did have an interview with South Korean side FC Seoul late in the season when they offered me one (I didn't apply) but I didn't get the job and I think I will stay at Guizhou at least until I get my Continental Pro Licence. I will however step down from the Ivory Coast U23 with the aim to get a senior role. Next season at Guizhou I will attempt to push for a top half finish and try to make a big cup run.

|Year|Club|League|League Position|Cup Finish|Notes|POTS
|2016/17|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|7th|3rd Round|Joined after 23 games in 9th|Ryan Edwards
|2017/18|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|5th|Runners-Up|Left at end of season|James Owen
|2018|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Jia League|1st|4th Round|Joined after 22 games in 1st|Tjaronn Chery
|2019|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Super League|13th|4th Round|Survived first season in Super League|Tjaronn Chery

0/10 Domestic Leagues
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/1 Club World Cup

|2019|Ivory Coast U23|N/A|Won the U23 African Cup of Nations

Thinco goes abroad

Brasao_do_Sao_Paulo_Futebol_Clube_svg.thumb.png.f60af8bb2575a958dd4c528752d212a3.png        5a5f399cc7456_Flag_of_Cte_dIvoire_svg.thumb.png.0a87a05bb659a38e833024526547d997.png

5a5f3948a9f1a_Thinco2022.thumb.PNG.b213b453cec3f2826db631847c7248c6.PNG

After resigning at Defensor Sporting it was time to look beyond Uruguay. Applications were made at topclubs in Mexico, Brazil, USA and Argentina, but none would take Thinco as their manager. Most of them had better options, or weren't approving Thinco's handling at his previous clubs. Finally, after 9 months of rejections, Thinco found his club: São Paulo FC. One of the most succesfull clubs in Brazil was begging Thinco to get them back at the top again. Funny thing is that the same club kicked Defensor Sporting out of the Copa Libertadores. 

Série A

When Thinco arrived at Morumbi, the 77.000 all seater stadium of São Paulo, the club found herself  halfway season in 12th position. About 12 points behind the leaders Cruzeiro and Bahia. But still alot of games had to be played, so nothing was lost yet. 
The club itself wasn't managed very well in the last years. There were lots of players in the first team and reserves. Most of them begging for playtime. So much potential was being wasted.  Unfortunately the transfer period had just ended and nothing could be done. A selection of the best players and highest potentials was made and the rest was dropped in the reserves. They would all be sold in the next tranfer window.

We almost came back to top position. With 3 games to go we had to play against Cruzeiro. There was only 1 point difference between the two clubs, with the advantage of Cruzeiro. The match went even, but sadly Cruzeiro was just a bit more effective with her chances. After another loss against Vitória we ended up 4th in the overall rankings and placed ourselves for the Copa Libertadores: 

5a5f3d40d47b9_SrieA2022.thumb.PNG.dacbcd97ccde2f553db11a777332fdf2.PNG5a5f3d82980bf_SrieA2022positions.thumb.PNG.2d68b047ae4d5a93c46ba32543ca8994.PNG

Copa SudAmerica

When Thinco took over São Paulo was still competing in the Copa SudAmerica. The previous manager defeated Thinco's previous club Defensor Sporting (again) and gave us a 3-0 lead in the first match against Cerro Porteño. Cerro Porteño was defeated on aggerate. The next match against Boca Juniors was close, but lost in the end. Boca Juniors had signed Cavani, and although he was in the late days of his career he gave us real trouble. Boca Juniors were the later winners of the tournament after defeating Santos in the finals.

5a5f3f4013a7f_CopaSudAmerica.thumb.PNG.bcd350cedb73dc1d5e600e4507339df6.PNG

International

WC 2022

The World Cup draw was really though for Ivory Coast. A group with Belgium, Italy and Iraq proved too much for the team. Although the last match against Italy was really close. Belgium won the tournament, after defeating France in the finals.

5a5f3fcf9bd9b_WC2022.thumb.PNG.a22b5abfbe927175a8d2b7fde7378244.PNG

African Cup of Nations

We qualified easily. Hopefully we can win the cup next summer.

5a5f43cfd5af1_ACN2022.thumb.PNG.15678a7c7bcf2dae0ba946376e71ed05.PNG

Next Season

The next season is all about winning prices. Thinco has to win the copa libertadores before he can leave South America. Also a national title or cup win would be nice.
The squad of Ivory Coast is too good to not win the African cup of nations next summer. So we expect to win that and will resign afterwards. 

2021      Defensor Sporting       Primera División            1st        winner                   2nd round            Continental C and B license
2022	  São Paulo		  Série A		      4th	 -		          1/4th Finals         Started around halfway season 

INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
2021     Ivory Coast   24th           N/A                      N/A                Qualified for WC 2022 in Australia
2022	 Ivory Coast   14th           Qualified                Group Stage	  Qualified for African Cup of Nations 2023

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues: Defensor Sporting

1/10 domestic cups Defensor Sporting

International

0/2 world tournaments 

Edited by Cross

Although saying I wasn’t going to leave Guizhou, a massive opportunity came up. a team who late in their league season still had a massive chance of winning the league and was still in continential competition sacked their manager and I left guizhou after 4 games of the 2020 season.

2019/20 Brisbane Roar

Brisbane_Roar_FC_Logo_(2014%E2%80%93).pn

Yep, I've gone down under. I did say I wouldn't leave Guizhou but Brisbane Roar were favorites for the A-League and had already guaranteed finals. They were also still in with a chance of advancing in the Asian Champions League. The team was very good and had a few amazing regens such as Danny Woischuk and Christian Savi as well as young gun Rob DeVere coming in from Bentleigh Greens.

Competitions- We have our first trophy towards the challenge with an A-League win beating Sydney on penalties in the Grand Final. It is a relief to finally have a start to the challenge in terms of trophies. The team was already out of the FFA Cup after losing to NPL side Hume City in the semi-final. We did however advance in the ACL with some very good games., including our backup squad drawing 3-3 with a Carlos Tevez led Shanghai Shenhua.

Best Player-Erik Paartalu- With me only being in charge for 5 league games and 3 ACL games, I had to chose my POTS on heroics rather than performances and no-one else could be chosen. Australian Erik Paartalu despite being a central midfielder he put some amazing performances as a target man and a wide targetman assisting the goal to get us into the A-League grand final as well as scoring a 90th minute equaliser against Shanghai Shenhua

Future Plans- Finish the ACL and FFA Cup campaigns and the move on it's been great at Brisbane but I can't see me staying here for too long

|2016/17|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|7th|3rd Round|Joined after 23 games in 9th|Ryan Edwards
|2017/18|Airbus UK Broughton|Welsh Premier League|5th|Runners-Up|Left at end of season|James Owen
|2018|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Jia League|1st|4th Round|Joined after 22 games in 1st|Tjaronn Chery
|2019|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Super League|13th|4th Round|Survived first season in Super League|Tjaronn Chery
|2020|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Super League|11th|N/A|Left after 4 games into the season|N/A
|2019/20|Brisbane Roar|Australian A-League|3rd|Semi-Final|Joined after 25 games. Won A-League|Erik Paartalu

1/10 Domestic Leagues (Australia (Brisbane Roar 2019/20))
0/10 Domestic Cups
0/1 Club World Cup

Season 2020/21 SV Mattersburg

2nlaa2f.jpg

League

So after the disappointing season when I walked in I was looking for vast improvement I was sticking with my formation. I needed a couple of players and I think we were good,

34ns39g.jpg

The season was great a few great results saw the team challenge for the title which was unexpected, it went down to the final game of the season. Sturm Gratz needed to beat Red Bull Salzburg which I found unlikely and we had to win for the title Sturm Gratz beat RBS and we drew. Gutted especially after the other disappointment..On the plus side CL football next season!

Fans not happy we lost it on last day

2wd6qdg.jpg

2jb352f.jpg

Cup

We nearly got to the final last season, and I was looking to get to the final this season. We got to the final and was confident of lifting the cup. In a a game where we went 1-0 up after 4 minutes things were going well, Then Austria Wien got a penalty to level the game. The game dragged on to penalties..we lost I was devastated especially after we beat them 4-1 the last time we played them..Our fans summed it up best

Europe

Our run in Europe came to an end against Spartak Moscow.. bye bye Europa League

Overall

We had a great season yes we didn’t win anything but I feel we are close… i have signed a two year extension

Previous Club Watch

Fram finished In 8th place and now 3 games in are 7th

Season   Team                                                                           Position  Notes and Achievements

2018     Knattspyrnufélagið Fram     Inkassodeildin              2nd       League Runners up PROMOTED! 

2019     Knattspyrnufélagið Fram     Pepsi-deild karla          2nd       Cup Winners

2019/20   SV Mattersburg            tipico Bundasliga               8th 

2020/21   SV Mattersburg            tipico Bundasliga               2nd

Challenge Progress

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

1/10 domestic cups (Iceland)

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Minor update!

So like I said in the last post I took over Croatia for World Cup, just to have a small chance to win it again and therefore be able to compete for the confederations cup. Well Im a lucky bastard and one game short for actually winning the World Cup for the second time in this career! Semi Finals were so interesting that I had to write in. My world class GK Danijel Tomic (ManUtd) decided to stop playing and gifted two goals for Holland in the first half! With rating 4.8 I took him off at halftime. We were the better team and dominated the match and managed to draw the game 2-2. Our sub GK stopped one shot in the penalty shootout which was enough to get us into the finals, agains my previous team Ivory Coast :eek:

Wolverhampton_Wanderers_svg.thumb.png.ed08ca99d5d1164ef3199e60563432b8.png

2021/2022 Season

So I reluctantly left Hibernian and joined Wolves who had just won promotion to the Premier League. Them being rich I was given a £60 million budget with some already good players. I did change the squad around quite a lot. 

In the league we finished 5th which is very good going, qualifying for the Europa league is also good. I also got to the FA Cup Final but unfortunately lost to Man United. 

My best player throughout the season was probably John Brock (Regen). Picked him up from MK Dons for 6 million and he ended up getting 20 leagues goals. He's only 20 and labelled as the new Michael Owen. 

I was offered the Tottenham job and was debating moving on to one of the overseas clubs if a good job came about but Wolves gave me a transfer budget of £112 million. In two minds but may stay another season. World Cup in the summer so I'm sure I will get a good international job amongst the fallout. 

Season | Team             |Position | Notes and Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2018/19| Cowdenbeath      |1st      | Champions!
2019/20| Hibernian        |3rd      | Scottish Cup Winners! 	
2020/21| Hibernian        |2nd      | Scottish Cup Winners! 
2021/22| Wolves           |5th      | 	

Domestic Cups 1/10 -  Scottish Cup (Hibernian)

Edited by YellowLittle

End of 2020 Report

Brisbane_Roar_FC_Logo_(2014%E2%80%93).pn

I have left Brisbane Roar at the end of 2020 as I said after our FFA Cup and ACL Campaigns finished and there was some good news and some bad news. I did however leave the Roar with some amazing young prospects and some great new transfers Jason Davidson (Rotherdam 425k) and 19 y/o Igor Anic (Sydney United 2k). Igor Anic is extremely good and became our starting striker and has already been capped by Australia 5 times by the age of 19.

Competitions- That right we won the Asian Champions League but unfortunately lost to Melbourne City in the 2nd round of the FFA Cup. The ACL run was incredibly easy for me with the journey being a 3-2 win over fellow A-League side Newcastle Jets then a 4-1 win over Sanfrecce Hiroshima the a  3-0 win over Central Coast Mariners before a 3-2 win over Iranian side Teraktor-Sazi in the final. Centre-back Daniel Bowles scoring the winner to make it 2-0 in the second leg and put us ahead in aggregate.

Best Player-Tommy Oar- My left winger was awesome all season especially in the ACL. The former FC Utrecht player was amazing at scoring from free-kicks and was crucial in both our ACL and A-League campaign.

Future Plans- I am currently studying for my Continental A Licence and will now be looking to go to South Africa, Mexico, Colombia or Argentina

|2020|Guizhou Zhicheng|Chinese Super League|11th|N/A|Left after 4 games into the season|N/A
|2019/20|Brisbane Roar|Australian A-League|3rd|Semi-Final|Joined after 25 games. Won A-League|Erik Paartalu
|2020/21|Brisbane Roar|Australian A-League|7th|2nd Round|Won ACL left mid-season|Tommy Oar

0/10 Domestic Cups
1/5 Continential Competitions (Asia (Brisbane Roar 2020))
0/1 Club World Cup

2021 Ivory Coast (worst decision so far)
1200px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d'Ivoire.svg.pn

I decided to try to win the World Cup and ACON with the Ivory Coast because I thought the squad was good enough, however when I inherited the squad they were already struggling in WC Qualification and as I am using FM17 there's a glitch that when you have a NT job you can't get a club job so pretty much I wasted a year of my career just to fail in WC Qualification. I have now resigned and will be looking for a new job.

|2020/21|Brisbane Roar|Australian A-League|7th|2nd Round|Won ACL left mid-season|Tommy Oar

0/10 Domestic Cups
1/5 Continential Competitions (Asia (Brisbane Roar 2020))
0/1 Club World Cup

|2021|Ivory Coast|49|Missed out on WC Qualification and resigned from role in October

2/33 Total Completion

6683__1925__logo-125-splash-new-padded.p

ANOTHER WORLD CUP!

If you read my post just few posts up from here you noticed that I was through to the World Cup final against my old team Ivory Coast. Well my captain and one of my most important players in Liverpool also manage to score a goal and it was enough. Another World Cup title!

Next up trying to win Club World Cup with Liverpool!

Season       Team             Position         Champs League       Notes and Achievements     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/17	Carlisle              7th Sky Bet League 2	           Lost in playoffs rnd 1
17/18   Carlisle              1st Sky Bet League 2                 Promotion 
18/19   Middlesbrough         2nd Championship                     Promotion
19/20   Middlesbrough         5th Premier League                   EC slot
21/22   New England Revolution MLS                                 resigned
22/23   Orlando Pirates       1st ABSA Premiership                 runner-up in CAF Confederations Cup
23/24   Orlando Pirates       1st ASBA Premiership Won CAF CL      Won MTN8Cup
24/25   Orlando Pirates       resigned in January                  Won Telkom Knockout
25/26   Real Betis            1st Liga Adelante                    Won promotion
26/27   Real Betis            13th Liga BBVA
27/28   Liverpool             6th Premier League                   EC slot
28/29   Liverpool             2nd Premier League                   Won FA CUP & EUROPA LEAGUE
29/30   Liverpool             1st Premier League   Won CL          Won Capital One Cup & Community Shield

International:
Season      Team             Notes and Achievements:
---------------------------------------------------------
2020        Croatia          Won European Championship
2022        Spain            Won World Cup
2024        Spain            Top4 in European Championship, got sacked
2026        Ivory Coast      Group stage 3rd in World Cup
2027        Ivory Coast      Won Africa Cup of Nations
2030        Croatia          Won World Cup
Challenge Progress 9/33

Club
 2/10 top domestic leagues (ABSA Premiership 22/23/Orlando Pirates, Premier League 29/30/Liverpool)
 2/10 domestic cups (Telkom Knockout 24/25/Orlando Pirates, FA CUP 28/29/Liverpool)
 2/5 club continental championships (CAF CL 23/24/Orlando Pirates, Champions League 29/30/Liverpool)

International
 2/5 continental tournaments (European Championship 2020/Croatia, Africa Cup of Nations 2027/Ivory Coast)
 1/2 world tournaments (World Cup 2022/Spain)