The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Djurgardens_if_2_zpsl0nyxy37.png

Djurgårdens IF 2055

Following wins over Ljungskile SK , IFK Norrköping , Trelleborgs , IFK Göteborg and BK Häcken , Game 1872 in a long successful career was played out on a sunny afternoon in Stockholm . Malmö FF the opponents at The Friends Arena .

Malmö got off to a flyer as winger Marcin Adamczyk scoring a well timed close range finish on 10 minutes and held the lead going into half time in a pretty even match. He also made it two as Djurgardens were leaving gaps at the back follwoing some tactical tweaks at half time but was denied by the post . Parity eventually came on 71 mins as Cruzado headed in from close range . No further goals and the game went to extra time. After a pretty drab opening half the near 74,000 in the stands were preparing for penalties when Cruzado once again popped up on 114 drilling home from around 12 yards . Captain Soderberg sealed victory with a bullet header from point blank range on 117 mins.

So after 14,684 days in management , the road for the now 60 year old manager has come to an end . Looking thorugh my stats i was pretty shocked to see i only spent £160m throughout my entire career , largely mostly to using academies to their max or been at clubs where the squads were essentially built by previous management regimes . My record signing at £16m was a complete flop so was probably better off not spending loads of cash. Fantastic challenge will be back again next year to do it a completely different way which brings the fun aspect to it .

Best Club - Toronto FC - never managed in the MLS before and very much enjoyed it once i got my head round the draft system so i better say them as i have Icon status there. Valencia a close second , still have the save from that side which i may run again to see how things progressed as the side progessed as a unit . Regret - not winning anything at Sandnes Ulf where i spent alot of time in the early years , would have been nice go back

Stats

2055 Review

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd
2041    Wolfsburg           Germany        1st      Bundesliga Winners
2042    Lille OSC           France         2nd      Coupe de la Ligue Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2044    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners
2046    Dnipro              Ukraine        1st      Premier League and DATAGROUP Cup Winners
2047    Dnipro              Ukraine         --
2048    Valencia            Spain          8th
2049    Valencia            Spain          6th
2050    Valencia            Spain          2nd
2051    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga Winners
2052    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga  , Copa Del Rey and UEFA Champions League Winners
2053    Sundowns            South Africa    --      CAF Champions League Winners , KO Cup Winners
2054    Sundowns            South Africa   2nd      SA FA Cup Winners
2055    Djurgårdens         Sweden          --      Svenska Cupen Winners 

Challenge Progress

Club - COMPLETE

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine , Spain

10/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine , Spain , South Africa , Sweden

5/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045 , Valencia 2052 , Mamelodi Sundowns 2053

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International - COMPLETE

5/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044 - GOLD USA 2049

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 , England 2042 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Kaiser. I presume that's the full version of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good to see that the challenge can be achieved with a 442 formation, as that is what i will be going back to in future.

Hope you'll be back in FM17, but as Earl has acknowledged, achieving in FM16 is a hell of an achievement. Maybe change your name to kaiserwatgod.

Your throne awaits.

200px-Feyenoord_logo.svg.png

Feyenoord Season Review 2025/26

League Table - 1st

Decided to drop my tried and trusted 5-2-1-2 that had served me quite well for a 4-3-3 formation, felt I was winning games simply because I was a stronger team and not the better side in matches and often losing really stupidly to very poor teams. This new formation was pretty dominating, often having 60% possession throughout the match and scoring for fun. Winning the league was great but once again as is often the case with my career we struggled in cup competitions, losing in only the 2nd round of the FA Cup to Jupiler League side Excelsior and losing in the Euro Cup 3rd Qualf round to FC Porto, despite being 3-0 going into the 2nd leg we were turned over 5-0 away from home.

Resigned from Ivory Coast, the Confed Cup was a long way off and I really didn't fancy hanging around for it come round.

Just waiting to see what the summer brings now, loaded all the top European leagues, wouldn't mind another shot at the Bundesliga after our terrible time at Hoffenheim.

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division
2022/23            SK Rapid Wien              1st            Austrian Premier Division             League Winners/FA Cup Winners
2023/24            Hoffenheim                 N/A            German First Division                 Resigned as Hoffenheim manager
2023/24            Feyenoord                  10th           Eredivisie
2024/25            Feyenoord                  4th            Eredivisie
2025/26            Feyenoord                  1st            Eredivisie                            League Winners

Club
4/10 top domestic leagues (Finland,Poland,Austria,Holland)
1/10 domestic cups (Austria)
0/5 club continental championships
0/1 club world championship

International
1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Ivory Coast)
0/2 world tournaments

Congratulations Kaiser on two things......

Firstly, obviously completing this (fantastic) challenge)

Secondly - on "getting your head around the draft system" in the MLS!!!!!

Seriously, well done and as I previously stated, I like the fact you returned to the country you started in to complete the challenge - although reading your post, surely your "ultimate" satisfaction would have been to have won your last cup at Sandnes

I started this challenge when FM 16 came out but abandoned it after a few crash dumps. Haven't played much this year, but recently got back into it and I'm ready to try this again.

Setup

So let's meet the manager.

Meet Dutchman Piet Hein. He's just 20 years old and ready to take on the world. Let's hope he can get the silverware he needs to become the ultimate football manager.

So on to the job centre.

Cameroon_FA_zps8cvjsbk1.png

Cameroon U-23

Camu23apoint_zpstc2ieang.png

While most clubs laughed away my application there were several U-23 nat sides that were interested in my services. After some consideration I chose Cameroon.

The first order of business was a tie against the DR Congo. The winner would qualify for the U-23 cup of nations.

My first game in charge was successful as we won 3-2. We did get 2 away goals against, so the tie was far from done. We finished it at their place though, beating them again, this time 2-0.

On to the U-23 cup of nations

We were drawn in a group with South Africa, Senegal and Tunisia

The first match was a bore 0-0 against Tunisia. The next game we won comfortable with 3-0 against Senegal

This meant a draw would be enough to advance to the next round, and for a long time it looked like that would indeed happen but deep in injury time my team finally broke through the South African defense and slotted home the 1-0. We go to the Semifinal as group winners.

There we played Nigeria. For an hour we absolutely demolished them going up 4-0, then we collapsed letting in 3 and they had good chances for their fourth but we managed to hang on.

So there I was, only a few months into my career and in my first final. Ivory Coast was our opponent that day and they didn't put up the fight Nigeria was capable of: 4-1

We are the U-23 cup of nations Champs :D

camu23win_zpswuw7wkta.png

I know it counts for nothing for the challenge, but it still feels good.

I assume Cameroon U-23 qualified for the Olympics with this result and I would really like to manage them there, unfortunately due to the nature of U-23 teams I was released soon after the tournament. I will reapply when the job comes up again.

doverapoint_zpsejooxzkw.png

While we played the U-23 cup of nations I finally got some interviews at clubs. Dover was the first to offer me a contract and I accepted.

They are currently in midtable. I'm hoping to get into the top half. We are already out of the FA cup but the FA trophy has yet to begin.

There are some quality players here but we're a bit weak in midfield. I'll adress that in the upcoming transfer window.

International
2015		U-23 Cameroon			U-23 cup of nation			winners

Club

0/10 top domestic leagues

0/10 domestic cups

International

0/5 continental tournaments

0/2 world tournaments

as a note, I set myself the additional goals of winning the olympics and the Oceania Nations cup. I won't put them in the list but it might explain some of the choices I make during the save

Congratulations Kaiser on two things......

Firstly, obviously completing this (fantastic) challenge)

Secondly - on "getting your head around the draft system" in the MLS!!!!!

Seriously, well done and as I previously stated, I like the fact you returned to the country you started in to complete the challenge - although reading your post, surely your "ultimate" satisfaction would have been to have won your last cup at Sandnes

Would have been nice though years would have been added waiting for role to become available . Happy enough to finish back in the homeland that was set for my manager

Jezzar's Ultimate Football Manager Adventure

2016/2017 Season Review

League Table | Squad | Profile | Transfers

111px-GuizhouZhicheng.png

Guizhou Zhicheng - Chinese National First Division

Well I wasn't really expecting this! My possession based tactic was a big hit in China as Zhicheng got consistent results with it and managed to win the Chinese National First Division, 3 points ahead of A'erbin. All in all, it was a pretty good season as I was able to hit the mark with new transfers even though Zhicheng had a very modest budget compared to the other teams in First Division. Let's see what the new season brings when we start fighting to avoid relegation in Chinese Super League.

Best Signing: Park Chun-Yong - The Korean striker was able to get on the scoresheet consistently. He showed good scoring instinct and only made me slighly tear my hair off, which is a massive accomplishment by itself :p

Good News:

• We are promoted! Finally will be able to manage in a top flight division.
  • We've got a few good pieces to build on, as we are pretty set in ST, DM and full backs.
  • I have great job security.

Bad News:

• Zhicheng is in a horrible financial situation. Frankly, I might be tempted to leave if it gets any worse.
  • Avoiding relegation from Super League might be a tough task due to the fact that we have no transfer budget, and a fairly small wage budget.
  • Board still wants the team to play direct football.
  • Squad depth is pretty bad.
  • Honestly, Chinese football was a bit boring.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Guizhou Zhicheng  13th  N/A    N/A    N/A    Took over in 15th with 6 games remaining.
2016/17   Guizhou Zhicheng  1st   2nd R. N/A    N/A    Promoted to Chinese Super League.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships
0/1  club world championship

International
0/5  continental tournaments 
0/2  world tournaments

So the young career of the Israeli manager Nir Makov has gone underway ( a little bit late ;)) as he decided to accept the job offer from Selangers Fk. http://m.imgur.com/mee4Mvs he took over after a start of a disappointing season and led them through showing glimpses of good football to the expected mid table finish.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Ab8Y9

Challenge progress:

Top domestic leagues: 0/10

Top domestic cups: 0/10

5 club continental championships: 0/5

1 club world championship

International

5 continental tournaments: 0/5

2 World tournaments: 0/2

And how do I put a link to a picture properly?

And how do I take a screenshot?

Vikeologist's 2019/20 Southend and South Africa Report

th?id=OIP.M6a7b3d7892c47dc75c5b697a551a7eb8H0&w=151&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1th?id=OIP.Md23e5fd5529072cdb411493aeb874762H0&w=206&h=151&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

At last, a successful season to report. I guided Southend to the semi-finals of the League Cup (beating 3 premier league sides along the way including reigning league champs Chelsea) and then a good 2nd half of the season saw us win Division 1 fairly comfortably.

I had to sell a couple of players when i recieved offers I couldn't refuse, but at least that meant the the club had lots of money to get improvements to training facilities underway and splash out on a few new players.

The worrying thing is that my 3 key strikers are all at the club on loan. If I can't get them back next season, that might be a problem.

I dount that I get get Southend much further, so I'll be on the lookout for new jobs, but, unlike my quitting Dalian once I got them promoted on my last attempt, I'll be staying until a better offer comes along.

Hopefully that will happen because as well as getting some more coaching badges, I currently have the Continental B License, I also led the domestic based South African players to the Championship of African nations. My reputation is now 2 stars or 'decent'.

The CHAN is of course a huge pain in the arse, because you need to have 2 almost entirely different teams on the go and keep swopping them around. I'll be very pleased if I can win the ACON at my first attempt, and not have to bother with the CHAN again.

Best average rating - Michael Bennett 7.34. I had lots of players with very good and similar average ratings, but Michael is a striker and one of 3 players I brought in on loan from our new link with Liverpool.

Top Scorer - Rushain Hepburn-Murphy 31 goals. Rushian was his fellow Liverpool loanee striker, and the one who bagged the goals. 31 all-purpose goals might not sound that great but he was injured a lot and only played in 30 league games. Getting him back next season and keeping him healthy is top of my wish list.

MoM - Tareiq Holmes-Dennis -6. This season it was the left complete wing-back who nabbed this. Actually, the holder, Marnick Vermijl on the right hand side, seemed to go backwards this season, which is a pity as I could have sold him for a lot of money. He was still good; just not as good as the wonderful season befiore, and Marnick's stars have declined badly.

Season    Team                    Position    Notes                                        Challenge Landmarks

15/16    Unemployed                n/a        I have my standards and I'm sticking to them    
16/17    Southend (England League 1)        13th        Yawn
17/18    Southend                13th        Wake me up when tomorrow comes
18/19     Southend                8th        Missed out on playoffs in final game of the season
19/20    Southend                1st        English league 1 Champions. League cup semi-finalists

Year    Team                    Achievements    
2019-    South Africa                2020 CHAN Champions. All other qualifications going smoothly.

pug 407 - Congratulations on being the first to achieve on FM16, and the fastest to achieve ever, (given that you started a season after Sankalan). Do you have any interesting end of challenge screenshots? I'm always interested in stats. Welcome to the Hall Of Fame. Pull up a throne. I've put that you've done it on the classic version of the game. Is that correct?

ashton321 - Congrats on an amazing achievement with Serbia. I'd definitely suggest staying for the Euro and Confederations Cup. You probably won't get all that many chances to compete in the Confederations Cup. It's not often that a new job comes up with a nation that's in it, and realistically, your best 3 chances are with the teams that you win the World Cup, Copa America and Euro Championship with.

shirajzl -A belated well done on the Confederations Cup. Not many people have struggled hugely with it, but if someone didin't win it, and it was the only remaining trophy, it would be an absolute nightmare.

butts - Belated welcome to the challenge, and kudos on the South african title. Always difficult to win with a club that's not KC or OP, though heaven knows, plenty of you have done so. But to do it with Thanda, a club I didn't even know, is fantastic.

Earl - Looks like things are rolling along nicely now. Congrats on the Club World Cup.

DB08 - WD on promotion. Is there anybody in this challenge who's not getting constantly promoted or winning trophies? Oh yes, that's right. Me!

kaiser - Looking forward to your challenge completion report. Where are you going for the final cup? I remember that in a similar position I had lots of leagues loaded, and waited for a nation that had 1 dominant team and 2 domestic cups.

apchivers - GL next season with Linfield.

3L1G - On tenterhooks to know what happened with Tigres and Australia.

Cheers mate, think I got lucky I had a fairly easy route to win the FA Cup in my first season in the top flight which got us into the African Conf. Cup and allowed me to attract a much better quality of player. Still delighted to take a team expected to finish mid-table in division 1 to the premiership title in 3 years. Ended up at Sheffield United in the Championship but think it's going to be a tough ask here tbh, hope it doesn't ruin my rep.

timthumb1.jpg

​WINNERS!

One down, 32 to go! I have just won the Northern Irish League Cup with Linfield to tick off one of the domestic cups required for this challenge. I also won the Northern Irish County Antrim Shield, but this doesn't qualify for the challenge as not all top tier sides enter. Currently half way through January in my second season and am top of the league by 16 points after 26 games. I don't want to jinx it, but I am fairly confident in adding the Premier Division to my cup win. If this does happen then I will probably leave Linfield in search for another job.

burton-header-vw241-34850.png

Burton Albion

2020/21

League Two

Without doubt, this was the best season I've had so far in this save. We kicked off the season with 2-0 win at Rochdale, who had been relegated from League One the previous season and this showed me that we had enough quality to go for automatic promotion. After the 9th league game (a 3-0 win at Wycombe), we stayed top for the rest of the season and sealed promotion with six games to spare thanks to a 3-0 home win against Scunthorpe. Five days later, a 2-1 win at Cheltenham saw us secure the title as well. We eventually finished with 95 points, 12 clear of 2nd placed Accrington. Niall Ennis, on loan from Everton, finished as our top scorer with 32 league goals.

We didn't do too well in the cups though as we lost all our games. We took the lead at Notts Forest (CH) in the League Cup but lost 2-1, then lost 1-0 at Rotherham (L1) in the JPT and 0-1 to Shrewsbury (L1) in the FA Cup.

Seeing our performances this season, I feel we could go for the playoffs next year but that will be tough as we had one of the lowest wage bills in League Two and will be spending around 1/5th of what the likes of Derby and Barnsley will be spending.

CLUB CAREER:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season   |  Team            | League                  |  Country    |   League Position    |         Notes                                 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|   2015   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   | Florø SK         | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  | Norway      |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|   2017   | DPMM Brunei      |        S-League         | Singapore   |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |
| 2017/18  | Stockport County | National League North   | England     |         N/A          |   Resigned with team in 18th place in March   |
| 2017/18  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         2nd          |  Lost play-off final                          |
| 2018/19  | Morecambe        |    National League      | England     |         1st          |  Won the title and got promoted               |
| 2019/20  | Morecambe        |    League Two           | England     |         N/A          |  9th when leaving for Burton                  |
| 2019/20  | Burton Albion    |    League Two           | England     |         9th          |   Top half finish                             |
| 2020/21  | Burton Albion    |    League Two           | England     |         1st          |   Won the title and got promoted              |

juventus_logo.png125px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

Season review 2024-25

Juventus and Colombia

My Colombia side have played really well in qualifying so far. Back to back wins against Venezuela and Chile were followed by a battling draw away to Ecuador, with a stoppage time equaliser. We then lost to Uruguay again, before smashing Brazil 3-1, in a game we utterly dominated. Draws with Peru and Paraguay, and a win against Bolivia have put us top of the group with 4 games to go. For some reason, I thought the Copa America was every two years, so I was expecting a tournament this summer, but I was wrong. To be honest, its probably a good thing as my squad are still getting used to my tactic. It also gives me another year to bring through some of the younger players before having a real crack at the World Cup next summer. At the moment, 8 of my squad are the wrong side of 30. That said, I've got a core group of talented players under 25, so I'm feeling really positive for next year. My major issue is up front, as my main striker is still Duvan Zapata, who at 34 can't manage two games in a week. I guess I've still got 12 months to sort that issue out.

Domestically, I had a really busy summer, travelling Europe in search of employment. I racked up some serious air miles, travelling to Amsterdam, St. Petersburg, Milan, Madrid, Paris, Rome and Naples. I was turned down by everyone apart from Napoli. They had a good spine, but they needed some work. I asked to delay my decision for a week, as I had just been interviewed in Turin. The day before I was due to accept the Napoli job, the Old Lady came calling. They finished third last season, and the lure of a far better squad, plus Champions League football was too much for me to turn down, so off I went, accepting their job straight away.

Our Serie A campaign started well, with five wins on the bounce, including a 5-0 demolition of Roma. However, the pay off was losing Paulo Dybala for five months. We then lost to Atalanta, before being smashed 5-0 by Inter at the San Siro. I was starting to wonder whether or not I shold have strengthened the squad a little bit more, particularly up front. However, 11 wins from the next 13 games brought us bang into the title race, and Gianluca Esposito, Dybala's replacement up front, suddenly started banging in the goals. We then had our customary mid-season wobble, before a storming end to the season. Wins over all of our title rivals gave us a five point lead with five games to go. Inter and AC Milan imploded, and we won the league by 7 points. Dybala came back from injury and netted 10 goals from his final seven league games of the season. We actually lost 9 games in the league, and finished with the lowest title-winning points tally for years. To be perfectly honest, I think we got completely lucky with the failings of other teams in the league, and the fact we were able to score goals and scrap out wins when we weren't playing particularly well.

In the cup, wins against Latina and Sassuolo set up a semi final against Napoli. A solid 1-0 win at home, thanks to an Esposito goal, set up an interesting away leg. 2-0 down inside 20 minutes, Marko Pjaca, one of my three signings for the season, got one back on the stroke of half time., before adding a second four minutes after the break. Dybala put us 3-2 up on the night, before they clawed another back. They threw everything at us, but we held on and progressed to a final against Udinese. 1-0 down, and then 2-1 down, before levelling it up just before the hour. It looked like we might be heading for extra time, before Omar Hamdy unleashed a thunderbolt from thirty yards out to put us in front. As Udinese pushed forward looking for an equaliser, Dybala scored an injury time brace to put a shine on the result. 5-2 certainly flattered us, but I'm not complaining.

The Champions League was a complete disaster. Two 4-0 defeats to PSG left us needing to beat Celtic away to finish runners up in the group. The pressure got to us, and we lost 2-0 and dropped down into the Europa League. My reserves beat Hadjuk 3-0 over two legs, before losing by the same margin to Porto in the last 16.

What now? Do I stay with Juventus and have a crack at the Champions League, or do I move to try and win a title in another league? My gut instinct is that with a few additions my strongest 11 might have a chance of winning the Champions League, but that if a decent opportunity came up elsewhere I'd go. Wait and see I guess.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2015/16      Dungannon     10th          Won Northern Irish FA Cup and kept Dungannon up after taking over with 3 games to go
2016/17      Dungannon     8th            A solid but unspectacular season
2017/18      Yiteng            8th            A settling season in China
2019           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and FA Cup, as well as claiming MOTY.
2020           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League
2020/21      Aberdeen       9th            Won Scottish League Cup
2021/22      Monterrey      5th/5th      Won Opening Stage, knocked out in semis of closing stage. Won NACL.
2021/22      Salzburg        1st             Won league and cup double
2022           Corinthians    1st             Won league
2023           Corinthians    8th             Won Copa Libertadores
2024/25      Juventus        1st             Won Serie A and Italian Cup

Season        Team              Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Congo              Resigned without playing a game
2016/17      Cameroon        One win away from WC qualification
2017/18      Cameroon        2nd round of 2018 World Cup
2019           Cameroon        African Cup of Nations winner!
2021           Poland             An abject failure!
2022           Ireland            4 wins, 2 draws and promotion to European International League Division B
2023           Ireland            2 wins, 2 defeats from 4 qualifiers before taking Colombia job
2024/25      Colombia         Currently top of WC qualifying and ranked 4th in the world

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues - China (Jiangsu), Mexico (Monterrey), Austria (Salzburg), Brazil (Corinthians), Italy (Juventus)

5/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Jiangsu), Scotland (Aberdeen), Austria (Salzburg), Italy (Juventus)

3/5 club continental championships - ACL (Jiangsu), NACL (Monterrey), Copa Libertadores (Corinthians)

International

1/5 continental tournaments - ACON Cameroon 2019

0/2 world tournaments

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

I've not had a chance to comment on other people's games for a while, but I'm glad to see so many people doing so well. It makes me believe that I might actually stand half a chance of finishing this challenge at some point!

Congratulations Pug! I'm impressed with the speed you've managed to do it in. Its ridiculously impressive.

Cheers Numero - The Only Thing Now Is I'm Not Taking Part. Still Nice To Read Other Posts To See How You All Are Getting On. Was Thinking Of Going Back On To 2015

To Finish That Of.

Linfield.png

2016/17 Season Review

After a good end to the previous season, I was pretty confident that if I improved the squad slightly I could challenge for the title. The bookies and board thought similar with me being made favourites and the board pretty much demanding the title and cup double. In the end, the only player I signed was a regen striker called Robbie Davidson on a free from Limavady United. My first choice goalkeeper, Ross Glenndining, had expressed his desire to leave and there was no changing his mind. However, no clubs put a bid in and I was quite happy to keep him for the season (although this does mean I'm now losing him on a free as his contract is expiring).

The optimism I started with took a little knock as I went out of the EURO Cup at the first hurdle against Batumi from Georgia. However, the lads responded well winning their first 5 league games, scoring 13 and conceding 3. This form continued as we won the Country Antrim Shield in November. The final against Crusaders was decided on penalties after a 91st minute equaliser from Robbie Davidson in a 3-3 draw.

Our good run of form continued as we went into the new year unbeaten. The first domestic loss of the season frustratingly came in the Irish Cup 5th Round to Belfast rivals Glentoran. However, this was a temporary blip and we went on to win the league cup in February with a 3-0 win over second tier Portadown thanks to a second half hatrick from winger Ross Clarke after coming on as a sub in the 62nd minute! With no more cup football to focus on, I had aspirations of finishing the league unbeaten. However this was just a pipe dream as Knockbreda inflicted a shock 1-0 defeat on us 4 games later. Despite this loss, we won the title 2 games later with a 4-3 win over Dungannon thanks to a 91st minute winner for Robbie Davidson to seal his hatrick.

With the title won, I started playing a couple of back up players as both my goal keeper and right back have decided to leave on free transfers at the end of the season. We finished the league on 94 points, 23 clear of defending champions Cliftonville in 2nd place. We scored the most goals (75) and had the best defence (27) over the course of the season and Robbie Davidson finished top scorer in the league with 27 goals at 82 minutes per goal.

Fans Player of the Season - Seanan Clucas. The Ball Winning Midfielder was a monster in the middle of the park and chipped in with a few vital goals. He made on average 4 tackles a games, which was second best in the league and had pass accuracy of 85% (best in the league).

Managers Player of the Season - Ross Clarke. The winger was a constant threat down the right hand side, but also filed in well on the left when needed. Mr. Consistent with his worst rating in a game still being a respectable 7.34. The second half hatrick to win the league cup also helped my decision here! Honorable mentions must also go to main creator Andrew Waterworth and top scorer Robbie Davidson.

Edit: Got a clean sweep in player of the year with Davidson top, Waterworth second and Clucas third!

Next Steps

As I have won both a cup and the league in Northern Ireland, there is nothing else for me to do in Northern Ireland in respect of this challenge (I don't think the Champions League is achievable :p). Therefore I am likely to choose not to renew my contract at the end of June and leave in search for another club. I have bagged my National B Licence during my time here, which may help. However, I am tempted to try and retain my title, win the Irish Cup and see how far I can go in the Champions League.

Season   Team      Country    Pos   Notes and Achievements
2015/16  Linfield  N.Ireland  3rd   Won European Places Playoff
2016/17  Linfield  N.Ireland  1st   CHAMPIONS! LEAGUE CUP WINNERS!

Challenge Progress

Club

1/10 top domestic leagues (N.Ireland (Linfield))

1/10 domestic cups (N.Irish League Cup (Linfield))

International

0/2 world tournaments

ap - Congrats on your first landmarks / challenge achievements. I hope that you are able to find a decent 2nd job. Out of interest, what kind of level post are you hoping to secure? N Ireland is as good a place to start as any as evidenced by.....

n1g - Now that you're able to get jobs with the big boys, one would suspect that you may be more than half way through the challenge in terms of seasons needed. Do you have your heart set on finishing before FM17 comes out, (which is probably less than 4 months away at this point) or are you going to be able to resist the lure of its shiny newness? Hopefully it won't be an issue. I'd imagine the staying or going dilemma is a tricky one. If you leave now, it will make the Champion League campaigns more interesting with your other European clubs. On the other hand, if

you enjoy watching your Juve side play, it would be a shame to tear yourself away too soon. In a year's time (after the '26 world cup) there'll be a lot of plum club jobs become available.

DB08 - Well done making your way further up the league pyramid. Have you stayed with Burton? How are you doing with the coaching badges? They seem to be quite important with regard to boosting the reputation.

butts - Impressed with you getting the Sheffield Utd job. Hope it's going well.

makovation - Welcome to the challenge. I thought that Selangers was a malaysian club when i saw the name. My geography sucks. Don't think many people have started in Sweden, so hope that you keep going and keep us updated on how it goes.

jezzar - Hope the superleague is going well, (if you could face staying in China).

Thanks vike. I've got quite a few of the Asian Leagues loaded now so looking at moving over there. Also have some of the lower reputation European leagues loaded like Iceland and Finland. So will keep a lookout for jobs. In the mean time, I have taken oven the as Canada national team manager and face China in the World Cup playoffs as my first two games in charge. Hopefully we can get past them and make the group stage in Russia.

DB08 - Well done making your way further up the league pyramid. Have you stayed with Burton? How are you doing with the coaching badges? They seem to be quite important with regard to boosting the reputation.

Thanks vike and yeah, I'm staying with Burton for one more year, just to see whether I can increase my reputation further. As for coaching badges, I have started studying for my Continental A License which should be completed by next season's end.

Vikeologist's 2020/21 Southend and South Africa Report

th?id=OIP.M6a7b3d7892c47dc75c5b697a551a7eb8H0&w=151&h=149&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1th?id=OIP.Md23e5fd5529072cdb411493aeb874762H0&w=206&h=151&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

A heart-breaking end to the season, losing in extra time in the playoff final. We were the better team, but it wasn't to be.

All things considered though, it was a productive season. We reached the semi-final of the league Cup for the second season in a row, again knocking out plenty of Premier league sides (or at least their reserve teams) on the way.

We have plenty of money, and are improving out training facilities for the second season in a row. We're also improving our youth facilities. Our ground's small capacity is holding us back a bit, but we don't have enough full houses for the baord to agree to an increase.

I'm now studying for my final coaching certificate, and I'll probably stay for the year it will take to get it, in the hope that we can get promoted next season and I'll be able to get a position at a club that can challenge for the Premier League.

Best average rating - Michael Bennett 7.49. The second year in a row for one of my 2 strikers on loan from Liverpool. He'll be back for a third, although this time i'm going to have to pay his chunky salary. He's scored 40 all-purpose goals in competitive matches, so he's not just a pretty A.R.

Top Scorer - Rushain Hepburn-Murphy 30 goals. Another repeat for the other Liverpool loan striker, although we're about to sign him for a bargain £195k near the end of his contract. I wasn't going to take the chance of him becoming a free agent. At the start of the season we signed Zach Faour (who'd been on loan with us the previous 3 seasons). Now that I actually own two thirds of our three headed dragon I feel a bit easier, though I miss the not having to pay any of their wages.

MoM - Michael Bennett / Marnick Vermijl - 6. A tie for the 2 players that have made it into my all-time challenge XI so far. Maybe RH-M is there as well.

Internationally south africa went into the ACoN having won every competitive game as far back as I can remember. I've chacked and it was 9 wins in a row and 16 games unbeaten. South africa had never lost a competitive match under me, but there was a reason for that. We hadn't had to play anyone good.

We lost our first 2 group games, and needed a miricle to finish 2nd and reach the quarter-final. It nearly happened. We did our bit. i switched to a more direct style of play and annihilated Egypt. Then in the other group match Ghana were awarded a penalty. They missed but knocked in the follow up to pick up a point and eliminate us.

Since then we've picked off where we left off, winning every World Cup qualifying match, leaving us 6 points on top with 2 matches to go. It's not a done deal yet, but it would be a major shock if we don't pick up the point we need.

Season Team     Position Notes          Challenge Landmarks

15/16 Unemployed    n/a  I have my standards and I'm sticking to them 
16/17 Southend (England League 1)  13th  Yawn
17/18 Southend    13th  Wake me up when tomorrow comes
18/19  Southend    8th  Missed out on playoffs in final game of the season
19/20 Southend    1st  English league 1 Champions. League cup semi-finalists
20/21 Southend    4th  Lost Playoff final in extra time. League cup semi-finalists again

Year Team     Achievements 
2019- South Africa    2020 CHAN Champions. 
     Eliminated in group stage of 2021 African CoN
     About to qualify for 2022 World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

Hey everyone!

I had a go at this challenge on FM2015 and didn't do too badly (my username was Hatton90 but cant remember password.)

anyway, i'm back and eager to have a go on FM2016! Holidaying now, will let you know what I get. I've decided to load the top leagues from Brazil, England, South Korea and Australia.

Here is my profile

Good to have you back, hatton aka tbs. How many landmarks did you achieve? I remember you won the ACON (my remembering in this case being the 30 seconds or so since i looked it up on your old profile.)

if you've only loaded the top leagues, I would imagine that Australia is the only nation you stand a chance of getting a first job in, so you may need to load more. Not completely sure anyone's ever got a first job down under, but the other 3 are a proverbial snowball's chance. Guess you won't be going back to Russia.

Good to have you back, hatton aka tbs. How many landmarks did you achieve? I remember you won the ACON (my remembering in this case being the 30 seconds or so since i looked it up on your old profile.)

if you've only loaded the top leagues, I would imagine that Australia is the only nation you stand a chance of getting a first job in, so you may need to load more. Not completely sure anyone's ever got a first job down under, but the other 3 are a proverbial snowball's chance. Guess you won't be going back to Russia.

Vikeologist Ah, i have loaded down to League Two in England, but so far (I've holidayed up until middle of March) I only seem to be getting the teams in the relegation zone of League Two, which I have declined interviews with. As you say, I may need to load more leagues in order to give me a better chance of a job. I'd like to start in Europe as per last year as I think this helps reputation but I'm open to anything.

Definitely not, I still have sleepless nights about my time at Lokomotiv.

Vikeologist Ah, i have loaded down to League Two in England, but so far (I've holidayed up until middle of March) I only seem to be getting the teams in the relegation zone of League Two, which I have declined interviews with. As you say, I may need to load more leagues in order to give me a better chance of a job. I'd like to start in Europe as per last year as I think this helps reputation but I'm open to anything.

Definitely not, I still have sleepless nights about my time at Lokomotiv.

After the newest update, you need to get lucky in League Two with a team that heavily underperforms. Otherwise I would recommend you to load at least National League (Conference)

1.jpg

Canada 2017 & 2018 update

I decided not to renew my contract with Linfield at the end of the last season as I had won the league and cup and felt there was nothing more to achieve there. This left me hunting for a job. I tried one or two SPL teams and a couple of Championship teams but didn't get an interview (probably setting my sights too high). Then a few international jobs came up. Canada was the most intriguing of these as they were in to the Playoffs for the World Cup and were due to face a similarly ranked China team. Key players for Canada include Besiktas midfielder Atiba Hutchinson and Burnley's Scott Arfield.

We sneaked through against China 3-2 on aggregate thanks to two goals from regen midfielder Boris Marjonovic, who was only playing due to an injury to Jonathan Osorio. This meant that we were going to the World Cup for the second time (first for 32 years)! However, our hopes of recording the first victory for a Canada team at the FIFA World Cup were made slimmer when we got drawn against Burkina Faso, Poland and Argentina, all of whom were ranked over 50 places higher than me.

The March friendlies were a bit disappointing with a 1-1 draw vs Venezuela and a 1-0 loss to Qatar. However, we bounced back with two wins in the pre World Cup friendlies against a strong Ivory Coast side and a weak Torpedo Moscow. The win against Ivory Coast gave me a bit of hope that if we could nick a win against Burkina Faso in our opening game and then steal a result against Poland, we might sneak through to the next round. I can't fault the performance against Burkina Faso - the lads gave it everything they had, but the African side were solid in defense and took their two chances for a 2-0 win. Poland dominated the game against us and the 2-1 loss put us out of the World Cup. We took the lead against Argentina in our final game, but Dybala scored either side of half time to put Argentina ahead. David Edgar then brought down Aguero for Messi to make it 3-1 from the spot. Jonathon Osorio scored a consolation goal at the end for the match to finish 3-2.

Overall, not a bad effort from the team. I really thought we could have beaten Burkina Faso, and on a different day we might have, but it wasn't to be. Germany beat England in the final to retain their title with another extra time winner. I'm undecided whether to stick it out with Canada and give the Gold Cup a go in 2019, or to resign and focus on attempting to get a club job.

Season        Team            Country            Pos            Notes and Achievements 

2015/16        Linfield        N.Ireland        3rd            Won European Places Playoff
2016/17        Linfield        N.Ireland        1st            CHAMPIONS! LEAGUE CUP WINNERS!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year        Nation        Ranking        Achievements
2017        Canada        78th        Qualified for World Cup
2018        Canada        67th        4th in Group G

I've decided to start this challenge, but as I'm French, I'm afraid of not understand a rule.

" No disabling attribute masking in the full version of the game "

In the French version, I think that the translation means the opposite. So I'm lost.

My question is : Should we hide the attributes ?

I've decided to start this challenge, but as I'm French, I'm afraid of not understand a rule.

" No disabling attribute masking in the full version of the game "

In the French version, I think that the translation means the opposite. So I'm lost.

My question is : Should we hide the attributes ?

yes. You should make sure that some of the attributes are hidden.

When you start the game there's an option that says ' afficher les caracteristiques' (or the correct French version of that). You're right. In French it seems to have the complete opposite meaning of the Engliash version, but actually it's the same. The English is don't hide them. the french is do show them. So leave it unticked. Frankly the French version is clearer.

Still not got a lot of time for a proper update but third season at Thanda Royal Zulu and I've managed to beat Kaizer Chiefs to the title, we were 7 points behind with about 6 games to go but then they lost 2 on the trot and we beat them away from home to go top and ended up winning the league by 3 points. So in 3 seasons I won the 2nd division, finished fifth in the top division and won the top division. I've also claimed the SA FA Cup and the SA Super Eight Cup.

I'm still in the African Confederations Cup but as that is not worth anything towards the challenge I think I'm going to resign now and move on. So my stats would look something like:

Club

------------------------------------------

1/10 top domestic leagues (SA Premier Division Thanda Royal Zulu 2016/17)

1/10 domestic cups (Thanda Royal Zulu SA FA Cup 2015/16)

International

-------------------------------------------

0/2 world tournaments

Another season done, I left TRZ after this season and went to Sheffield United. We were expected to battle relegation and I really wasn't confident tbh but we produced a brilliant first half of the season and ended up finishing 5th, we won the play-off semi-final 7-2 on aggregrate but went down 1-0 to Crystal Palace in the final. Despite our good season I never really saw eye to eye with the board and decided to resign after the play-off final. I went for jobs at Burnley and Anderlecht and got offered the job at Anderlecht. Hoping to be able to win the league in my first season tbh which would take me to 2 domestic top leagues in my first 5 seasons.

30/31 Tigres End of Closing Season

Championees!!

We did it!! - Take that Pumas!!

Forgot to take a screenshot of the final league table, but we actually finished 1st.

We had a good season - or half a season as it is in Mexico - so as the playoffs beckoned, it was our Nemesis Pumas that stood in our way.

Finishing 1st meant we played the team in 8th place which was America MEX, a 2-0 victory away from home followed by a resounding 5-2 win at home, saw us into the semi final.....but more importantly, it saw Pumas knocked out, so that was a huge advantage.

In the Semi Final, we were drawn against Xolos Tijuana - a 0-0 at their ground followed by a 3-1 win at home meant we were in the final.....I began to think our name was on the trophy, when during that 3-1 win, they scored 2 own goals!!

The final pitted us against Atlas.

As we were the highest placed team, we were away in the first leg where we secured a 1-1 draw.

The return leg saw us run out comfortable winners 3-0, resulting in us clinching the title.......and the fans loved me!!

In the Copa Lobertadores, we were in a group with Independiente, Corinthians & Nacional.

We finished 2nd in the group meaning we qualified for the knockout stages.

We were drawn against Gremio from Brazil, who have a much higher ranking than Tigres do, so we were up against it.

We managed to scrape a draw at home (2-2) but we were lucky to get the draw.

But, our fate was sealed when we lost 2-1 away.....a scoreline which flattered us if I'm honest, so that was the end of that.

Mexico is mental (but enjoyable) and we'd also qualified for the NACL (North American Champions League) where we were drawn in a group with Houston & I can't remember the other team so I'll update this bit later!!

Anyway, we've started that campaign well and we're sitting top with three wins from three with qualification assured already.

The only downside to my time at Tigres so far is my chairman has suddenly become a tight ar** although I can't really complain as he has pumped untolds of money into the club while I've been there.

I'm already halfway through the opening stage of the 31/32 season, so I'll do another update pretty soon.

Internationally, I really need to up my game here, but after getting sacked by Australia, there hasn't really been many worthwhile positions come up - hopefully there will soon be some sackings after the 2032 Euro's!!

And well done and good luck to all other challengers in their quests!!

Season	Team		Country       	Pos	Notes          
15/16	Linfield	N. Ireland	6th	Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
16/17	Cliftonville    N. Ireland	3rd	Took over in January, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville    N. Ireland	4th	League Cup Winners
18/19	Cliftonville   	N. Ireland	1st	Champions, Manager Of The Year
19/20	Shanggang	China		1st	Champions, Cup Winners, Manager Of The Year     
20/21	Shanggang	China		N/A	Resigned after being knocked out of Champs League
20/21	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	4th	Cup Winners, Knocked Out 2nd Round Champs League
21/22	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	N/A	SACKED 4th in league, QF of Champs League, SF of FA Cup
22/23	Pohang		S. Korea	6th	Cup Winners, knocked out in SF of Asian Champs League
23/24	Pohang		S. Korea	N/A	SACKED after first match of the new season!!
24/25	Seoul		S. Korea	3rd	Took over with 14 games played, qualified for Champs League
25/26	Seoul		S. Korea	N/A	SACKED - Team finished 2nd & won FA Cup
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions
27/28	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions, KO Cup Winner, S/F Champs League - Resigned
28/29	Houston		USA		2nd	1st in West Conference, Lost in MLS Shield  Final, SF of NACL
29/30	Tigres		Mexico		4th	Closing Stage, SF of Champions League	
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		3rd Opening Stage - Lost in Final to Pumas -  reached SF of Cup
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		1st Closing Stage	 - Won in Final - Champions!!  2nd Rnd Copa Libertadores

International
2026	Camaroon	Africa		Resigned after 2 matches
2026	Morocco		Africa		Eliminated in Group Stage at World Cup, qualified for ACON
2027	Morocco		Africa		ACON Winners - resigned straight after
2029	Australia	Asia		Qualified for World Cup
2030	Australia	Asia		Knocked Out In Group Stages, lost every match - SACKED!!

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues (N. Ireland, China, S. Africa, Mexico)

4/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland, China, S. Korea, S. Africa)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Morocco 2027)

0/2 world tournaments ()

threelions1goal, great job in winning the top league in Mexico. It is expected to see them good and it is awesome to beat the Atlas. Are you planning to continue to coach in Mexico, then coach with a European team and after that, going back to South Korea for the AFC Champions League?

threelions1goal, great job in winning the top league in Mexico. It is expected to see them good and it is awesome to beat the Atlas. Are you planning to continue to coach in Mexico, then coach with a European team and after that, going back to South Korea for the AFC Champions League?

Yes Sherwinga, I'm staying in Mexico until I can win the NACL (possibly the Copa Libertadores too)

My career is all over the place compared to others who have played this challenge!!

Alot of others have stayed in a continent until they've won the titles they require, whereas I get annoyed and move on (I've got no patience!!)

The downside of this is it's going to take me longer to complete - complete, who am I kidding!! - as I've got to go back to Asia to win their Champs League and also return to South Africa at some point, to gain the African Champs League.

I won the League 2 seasons in a row in S. Africa with Kaizer Chiefs and would probably have stayed there longer, had I not spent so long there attempting this challenge on FM15......I'd just become sick of the place!!

3L1G - As you're one of the founding fathers of this challenge, I'm looking forward to you getting your next trophy (hopefully the Gold Cup) and taking your place on the leaderboard.

butts - good luck at Anderlecht. I must admit, a league like the Belgian one would sort of appeal to me. I guess the last time I managed there was about 2000. One of the pities with this challenge is that, apart from the mandatory 5, at most you only need 1 (or maybe 2 if you double up in Mexico) other leagues in Europe. I think there's a lot of fun leagues to play in Europe. I'm surprised nobody has ever done a challenge to win every league in Europe (or Asia or S America). Anyway 2 leagues so early would be a very good start. I wonder if i'm going to set a record for the most seasons played in the challenge at the start without winning a single landmark. I presume i've already set that record for the middle of the challenge with my approximately 9 seasons in the middle of FM15.

I think there's a lot of fun leagues to play in Europe. I'm surprised nobody has ever done a challenge to win every league in Europe (or Asia or S America).

A bit on the side, but just couldn't resist to comment this.

In my newly created challenge, The Earls Supreme Football Manager Challenge http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/460034-The-Earls-Supreme-Football-Manager-Challenge

There are several ekstra challenges, one of them is names: Holy Roman Emperor: Win all the different top divisions in Europe (ordinary database leagues)

Would be very fun to see someone go for this extra challenge!!!

31/32 Tigres End Of Opening Season

We set off like a house on fire, winning our first 9 games in a row and we never looked back.

Throughout the Opening Stage, we lost only one match and drew two, meaning we won the Opening Stage comfortably, but all that counts for nothing unless you win the play offs.

We were drawn against Puebla in the QF, where an away win of 3-0, backed up by a home win of 5-0 saw us through.

The SF pitted us against America MEX - we won both legs 2-1, ensuring an aggregate win of 4-2 and setting up a Final against Pumas.

I cannot beat Pumas!!

I've lost count of the times we've played them, but I've never beat them.

We lost the first leg away 2-1, giving us a decent opportunity in the return leg, but we could only draw 0-0......We'd Lost

However, as I've already won the title in Mexico, I'm not too bothered - my main reason for staying in Mexico is the NACL.

In my last update, I stated we were in a group with Houston & somebody else.......got that completely wrong, we were in a group with Aribe Undo & Montreal.

Neither team were a match for us in the group as we beat Aribe Undo 5-0 away and 4-1 at home.

Montreal, we beat 3-0 away and then got a 3-3 draw at home, which meant we had topped the group and we're in the QF where we've been drawn against MLS Champions Columbus.

Watch this space........!!!

15/16	Linfield	N. Ireland	6th	Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
21/22	Jeonbuk		S. Korea	N/A	SACKED 4th in league, QF of Champs League, SF of FA Cup
22/23	Pohang		S. Korea	6th	Cup Winners, knocked out in SF of Asian Champs League
24/25	Seoul		S. Korea	3rd	Took over with 14 games played, qualified for Champs League
27/28	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa	1st	Champions, KO Cup Winner, S/F Champs League - Resigned
28/29	Houston		USA		2nd	1st in West Conference, Lost in MLS Shield  Final, SF of NACL
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		3rd Opening Stage - Lost in Final to Pumas -  reached SF of Cup
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		1st Closing Stage	 - Won in Final - Champions!!  2nd Rnd Copa Libertadores
31/32	Tigres		Mexico		1st	Opening Stage - Lost in Final to Pumas, Qualified for KO stage of NACL

International
2026	Cameroon	Africa		Resigned after 2 matches
2026	Morocco		Africa		Eliminated in Group Stage at World Cup, qualified for ACON

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

VPS-Vaasa.png

Vaasan Palloseura 2018 update

I decided to leave Canada after the world cup to go back to club football. Vaasan Palloseura (VPS) from the Finnish Premier League offered me an interview, which I went for and accepted the job offer. The team were 10th in the Premier League, just outside the relegation zone with 11 games remaining in the season. The board stated they wanted me to obtain a mid table position this season. The squad looked average really, with two or three pretty decent players. Sadly one of these was unhappy and wanted to move to a bigger club. I couldn't change his mind with the player interaction so I have resigned myself to losing him at the end of the season.

The last 11 games were a mixed bag with 3 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses. Not the best, not the worst. This meant that our league position didn't change and we finished the season in 10th place. Next season I want to improve on our defensive record (2 clean sheets in the last 11 games) and aim to finish in the top half as a minimum. I'm going to try to offload a fair few players in the close season as our squad is a lot bigger than needed and the finances aren't in the best shape.

Congratulations on the success with Tigres 3L1G and good luck in the NACL against Columbus - hope you can win it.

Good luck with Anderlecht butts and also to everyone else competing in this challenge.

A quick question for everyone - do you have an idea in your head about what route you take in this challenge? Or do you just play it by ear and see what jobs are available?

Congratulations on the success with Tigres 3L1G and good luck in the NACL against Columbus - hope you can win it.

A quick question for everyone - do you have an idea in your head about what route you take in this challenge? Or do you just play it by ear and see what jobs are available?

Thanks apchivers - tomorrow I'll post my latest update from Tigres

Regarding your question - I'm sure one or two may have had some sort of idea in their heads, what route to take, but personally for me, I "play it by ear".

As I said in a previous update, my "career" compared to others is all over the place!!

I think it's because some people want to complete the challenge in the shortest possible time - all fine in my opinion, nothing wrong with that - but for me, of course I want to complete the challenge, but completing it the quickest doesn't matter to me........just as well, really!!

Do you have some sort of plan for your route??

I always like to have a plan, but things rarely go to plan. In FM15 I planned to do Europe last, and that's pretty much what happened. The logical objective is either to do the Euro 5 first or last, but it can be a long wait for the club you want to become available. More than one of us have prayed to the FM Gods for the PSG boss to leave.

This time round I wanted to manage all the teams i support. i get around a bit, so i've accumalated quite a few clubs in my real life travels.

I've started in england and wanted to manage my main favourite team, Bradford City. So far, for 90% of the time my reputation has been too low to get the job when it became available. For the last 9% of the save, joining Bradford would be too big a step backwards, and funnily enough, during the other 1% of my save, the job didin't become available.

I'm not sure hwo fulfilling managing my favourite clubs would be anyway. After a few years, all the players are different, and at that point the club becomes just a logo and a name. I think very few people have managed their favourite clubs in the challenge, (the exception maybe being the disproportionate number of Newcastle fans who've done this challenge).

There are of course clubs that I will never manage. At one point in FM15, the job at Colo Colo in Chile became available, but I couldn't stomach the idea.

I had the ingame editor in FM15, and the only things i did with it was change the strips of every club i managed (to various froms of pink) and added my disliked teams to my personal profile.

31/32 Tigres End of Closing Stage

Well, I've no idea what happened - apart from signing a bad apple maybe??

Firstly to finish the information of the NACL challenge.

We'd been drawn against Columbus from the USA in the Quarter Final and they proved to be no match for us as we managed a 4-0 win at home, then an away victory of 3-0 to see us safely into the semi-final.

There we were pitted against a fellow Mexican side, Veracruz, who were having a torrid season and were struggling way below us in the league.

A comfortable 2-0 victory saw us one match away from the final, but a couple of injuries in defence meant we had to play the "bad apple" I had previously mentioned....let me elaborate.

During the transfer window, I wanted to strengthen my defence so I signed the player my scouts had recommended the highest - I'm not even going to type his name, I'm that annoyed!!

The transfer turned out to be a disaster as he was disruptive, he played poorly and really wasn't worth the £2m that I'd paid for him - I thought I was getting a bargain at the time, but now I can see why he was so cheap!!

So, back to the second leg of the NACL.....the 2-0 win was soon lost as "that" player decided to have a shocker and we ended up losing 3-2 on aggregate - to say I was miffed is an understatement as I really thought we could win it.

Anyway.......the league campaign.......was shocking too!!

I'd always finished 1st or 2nd in the complete seasons I'd been there (before I signed "that" player) but this time around we couldn't get form and even though I'd removed him from the first team squad for the last few matches, we could still only manage to finish seventh - only 5 points behind 1st, but seventh nevertheless and we were in the play offs.

QF saw us play Pachuco who'd finished 2nd. We won the firts leg at home 2-0, lost the second leg 1-0 (with you know who in the team) but went through 2-1 on aggregate.

SF saw us drawn against Atlas.

A 1-1 draw at home wasn't enough as we lost the 2nd leg 2-0 and were out.

The minimum expectation was to reach the Final of the play offs, so the board requested a meeting so I could explain myself.

I'd always had a pretty good relationship with the chairman, even though he'd decided the previous season not to put anymore money into the club

The board had reduced the transfer revenue I could retain during the season, and when I chanced my arm and threatened that "I couldn't carry on doing my job", they backed down and gave me what I wanted.

Therefore I thought this meeting would be a bit of a ticking off, but nothing too major.

Couldn't have been more wrong!!

They insisted my performance wasn't up to scratch, so I bemoaned some tough fixtures were the reason for our bad form, but they weren't having any of it.

I thought I'd chance my arm again and told them they'd have an unhappy dressing room if they sacked me

But they didn't care and they Sacked me........I was gutted!!

As I've said in a previous post, it's a good job I don't have a plan for this challenge as all my plans get scuppered!!

My reputation is "fairly good" and I'm at 55%, so I can hopefully apply for some decent jobs - I thinks thats the case as I've just now had interviews with Napoli in Italy and Norwich in England - I wasn't successful at either purely because I didn't want to "focus on set pieces" in both the interviews.

Onwards and upwards.....!!!

30/31	Tigres		Mexico		3rd     Opening Stage - Lost in Final to Pumas -  reached SF of Cup
30/31	Tigres		Mexico		1st     Closing Stage	 - Won in Final - Champions!!  2nd Rnd Copa Libertadores
31/32	Tigres		Mexico		1st	Opening Stage - Lost in Final to Pumas, Qualified for KO stage of NACL
31/32	Tigres		Mexico		7th	Closing Stage - Lost in SF of Play Offs, Lost in SF of NACL.....SACKED!!

International
2026	Cameroon	Africa		Resigned after 2 matches

Career Progress

Club

International

0/2 world tournaments ()

Do you have some sort of plan for your route??

Not really to be honest, I will probably leave the English Premier League until last as England is the country I have played most in previously and I am enjoying playing in different countries to normal. Other than that, I am going to just plan the next step each time. For example, I am hoping to move onto Asia after my current stint in Finland. Although, having said that, I like the fact that this challenge is flexible in the sense that you can take various different journeys (which is one of the things that made this challenge stand out to me in the first place) so who knows what will happen next!

Harsh sacking from Tigres there. Hope you can get a new job soon.

Edit: Like you vike, I would like to manage clubs that I follow in real life (or have seen play live). I would like to manage Golden Arrows when I come to Africa for example.

Vikeologist's 2021/22 Southend and South Africa Report

Having lost in the playoff final the previous season, I was hopeful, and in the end it was a cakewalk. We won the league with 7 games to spare and our 22 point margin of success would probably have been larger if not for my blooding several young players in the dead rubbers.

It was still a gutting end to the season though. We went out of the league cup (semi-finalists last 2 seasons) fairly early to Leeds on penalties, but had success in the FA Cup instead.

We reached the semi-final against Man Utd. It went to extra time where they scored first. We were given a dubious penalty which we converted, and then in the final minute we were given another dubious penalty. If we had converted this one as well we would be finalists, and in Europe. However the penalty was saved, so it went to more penalties. Man Utd missed first, but in the end came out on top 4-3.

Southend should be ok in the premier league, but there are a few problems. Many of our best players were on loan from our parent club Liverpool, and we’ll have that arrangement cancelled now we’ll be in the same division.

Our capacity is tiny. The club had to expand the stadium to fit in with PL rules, so I was excited to see the mail item regarding this. It turns out that the expansion will consist of no less than 750 whole new seats, leaving us with a capacity of still less than 13,000.

Honestly though, I’m hoping not to be there, and I’d like you help / advice.

I have an interview with Liverpool. I’d obviously like to get the job because I am already familiar, and in platonic man-love, with at least 3 of the players. However I have real problems getting new jobs when I already have an international job. How do people answer the question about combining the club and international roles?

I’m about to go into the World Cup with South Africa.I’m not optimistic. I don’t mean about winning the World Cup. We stand no chance of that, but I don’t even think they’re good enough to win the ACoN. In fact we have a key fixture in a couple of days, and if we don’t win that we almost certainly won’t even be at the next ACoN. This is because in our first group game we were holding a comfortable 2-0 lead, and still managed to lose by becoming too defensive.

There are jobs at other top African nations available, and I am sorely tempted to jump ship after the World Cup to one that may stand a better chance of success. I suppose if I lose the upcoming qualifier, my decision will probably be made easier for me.

Top Scorer / Best Average rating / Man of the Match - Rushain Hepburn-Murphy - 38 goals, 7.57 A.R, 11 MoM. A clean sweep, although he didn't win the supporters' player of the season.

Season    Team                    Position    Notes                                        Challenge Landmarks

15/16    Unemployed                n/a        I have my standards and I'm sticking to them    
16/17    Southend (England League 1)        13th        Yawn
17/18    Southend                13th        Wake me up when tomorrow comes
18/19     Southend                8th        Missed out on playoffs in final game of the season
19/20    Southend                1st        English league 1 Champions. League cup semi-finalists
20/21    Southend                4th        Lost Playoff final in extra time. League cup semi-finalists again
21/22    Southend                1st        Won league by a country mile. FA Cup semi-finalists.

Year    Team                    Achievements    
2019-    South Africa                2020 CHAN Champions. 
                       Eliminated in group stage of 2021 African CoN
                       Qualified for 2022 World Cup

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 domestic cups 

International
0/2 world tournaments 

Vikeologist's 2022 South Africa and Ghana World Cup Report

th?id=OIP.Md23e5fd5529072cdb411493aeb874762H0&w=206&h=151&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1th?id=OIP.Mdc99ebe5ba6e2f45de1eafc269c0ec71o0&w=144&h=146&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

Well, I set a new record for a manager in a world Cup.

P4, W0, D0, L4, F0, A9

How did i manage to lose 4 games. Well, as you may guess from the title, I changed team half way through. Once South Africa had been knockd out with 3 stright defeats, I applied for and was given the Ghana job where we were soundly thrashed by france in the 2nd round.

I just think that Ghana stand a better chance than South Africa in the upcoming ACoN. Apart from anything else, Ghana have actually quified for it, whereas South Africa, despite winning the must win match i mentioned, still have to win the final group match. Anything else and I just don't think they'll grab one of the 2nd place qualifying spots. It seems weird saying they and not we, because I was there for a while, but I thought it was time to move on.

I did my best to stab Southend in the back as well, with unsuccessful applications to both Liverpool and West Ham. fact is it's really tough to get a club job when you're also an international manager. Of course more jobs may become available after the World Cup.

I'm a bit disappointed, but it will be good to try to lead Southend to safety. I have a bit of work to do, plugging up the gaps left by our departing Liverpool loanees.