The Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - Silver Age Archive

Season 2 - Uskudar - PTT1 League

This was a decent season for us.

I had a lot of money to spend and I was struggling to spend as the players who were interested in coming did not really improve the side very much as they were of similar talent and ability to what we already had.

We began the season well if not a little inconsistent. We seemed to win 1 and loose 1. We then would go unbeaten for 6 games and then not win for 5. It was a little annoying. At the end of the year we were 10 points away from the playoffs and 11 above of the relegation zone so all told it was the very definition of mid table. I was pleased with this.

We managed to win a couple of games in the cup and got through to the group stages which was a good result for us.

Next year I am certain I will be here again, its going to be another busy summer as I try to bring in some new faces to try and push forward closer to the promotion spots.

Season	      Team 	 	Country	       League           Position	Notes          
16/17        Uskudar             Turkey        2L White           5th          Promoted via Playoffs
17/18        Uskudar             Turkey        PTT1               12th

Year	Team 	 	Country	    Tournament            Finished	Notes          

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 0/10 - 
Domestic Cup 0/10 - 
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 
Club World Championship - 

International
0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18519810cf21c3767011b686c03eca8e.jpgColombiaFlag.jpg~c200

Season 2029/30

A mixed bag of a season. Stormed the league once again, Bayern had an awful season. Schalke, on the other hand, played exceptionally well, which included knocking me out of the cup in the semis.

Champions League remains a mystery. After destroying the group with Barcelona, Newcastle and Celtic, we breezed past Napoli in the second round. Quarterfinals brought us Lyon. After 1-1 away, we lost at home 0-1, after dominating the entire match. :(

This CL thing is seriously starting to **** me off. :mad:

Internationally, I took over Colombia who were in iffy position regarding WC qualification. Although I helped them do it, taking them over was a mistake. Their player pool is horrendous. Apart from 3 or 4 world class players, the rest are worse than what I had in African nations.

Anyway, on WC we didn't get past the group, consisting of Qatar, Ghana and Serbia. Shambles.

I quit, hoping to catch a better international job.

Btw. I really envy those of you who seem to be winning these international competitions with ease. I'm having huge problems, both with tactics which work for clubs, but not for nations AND with fitness issues despite my best efforts to rotate the team.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 
2028/29    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           WINNERS                   CL quarters    
2029/30    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters  

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS
2030       Colombia       World Cup - group stage

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

3/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central)

0/1 club world championship

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

First of all, great progress everyone.

vike I completely agree to FM16 being more difficult, cant tell about 16.3 version cause I haven't tried to restart with that version my self. Don't know if it makes it difficult when you are in a savegame already.

kaiser 9 league wins already, and 4 international continental tournaments surerly makes you a favourite to finish this challenge soon. Good luck with the last part and stay focused. 4 cup wins shouldn't be too difficult when you actually can sacrifice a league or two in the future (although I bet you will win them anyway.)

pug just an amazing run. Still only in 2032 and only 7 landmarks to go!!!!

mcclarke great run also, just need to find a bit more edge in international tournaments and you will make the hall of fame as well.

As for my self, I have just returned from RL holiday. But managed to play a bit before I left for vacation. I am now in 2032 and think I have just reached 10 landmarks. A better update will follow soon when I have time to write it.

But a question here for those of you who are far into the challenge. How good is your reputation? Mine is 80% at the moment (4 golden stars). Still when applying for jobs there seem to be a bug. Real Madrid laughed at me. Then gave me an interview which I aced, and then got the job. But they laughed at my initial approach. Anyone else experienced this?

Well done Kaiser looks like you have had a superb career. Where next?

Spain and South Africa still are required for certain objectives but heading to Ukraine cup hunting

Not seen that issue TheEarl - CurrentRep (now that I am in game) is 95% 4.5 stars

Season 3 - Uskudar - PTT1 League

Well that was nice.

Firstly Turkish Cup, we got through the initial stages with ease we then moved into the group stages, we got beaten by the two Super League teams that ultimatley went through, it was a close run thing but we could have got through with a little better luck.

In the league it was unreal, we just continued to win and win and win. I have no idea what seems to have gone so well this year but everything seemed to have clicked into place. We bought in 16 players over the summer to try and strengthen the squad which seemed to work really well. Everyone seemed to have contributed and was fantastic to win the league really early in March.

With DR Congo we did really well and won every game we played. We beat Senegal in my first game to qualify for the World Cup. In the CHAN for some reason I could call up anyone where everyone else seemed to be limited. As a result we managed to win it easily. We managed to qualify for the African Nations Cup by beating South Africa in the groups.

Finally it was time for the World Cup something I loved to manage a team in. In the groups we would play Germany, Belgium and the USA. I didnt expect much, I expected to go out with 0 points. I wasnt quite right as I beat USA and only just lost 2-1 to the other big teams.

I decided I would stay with DR Congo until after the African Nations in January. In terms of Uskudar, I decided to leave them at the end of this season, I am going to look elsewhere for other opportunities.

16/17        Uskudar             Turkey        2L White           5th          Promoted via Playoffs
18/19        Uskudar             Turkey        PTT1               1st           Champions

Years                  Country                    Achievements       
2017-                 DR Congo                    CHAN Winners

Challenge
Domestic Cup 0/10 - 
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 

International
0/5 continental tournaments 
0/2 world tournaments 

Season 4 - DR Congo/South Korea

Well I could not find a job on the domestic front with a club but it was an interesting International adventure.

I went into the ACON with decent chance of doing well as we had walked qualification and also the CHAN, I was right as in the group stage we took 3 wins out of 3. In the Quarter finals we beat a decent Guinea side to go into the semis. We faced Senegal a team I have had good success against, here was no different as we put 4 past them. In the final we would meet Ivory Coast who we had already beaten in the group stage. Here was no different as we secured a 2-1 win to win the title.

I immediately resigned and noticed that South Korea had sacked their gaffer following the Asian Cup and getting knocked out by Iran in the quarter finals. I applied and they gave me the job. I finshed the season with two wins in meaningless friendlies. I know have to qualify for the World Cup.

I am also going to be looking for a club job.

18/19        Uskudar             Turkey        PTT1               1st           Champions

Years                     Country                    Achievements       
2017- 2019              DR Congo                    CHAN Winners + ACON Winners
2019 -                 South Korea

Challenge
Domestic Cup 0/10 - 
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 

International
1/5 continental tournaments - ACON DR Congo 2019, 
0/2 world tournaments 

mcclarke great run also, just need to find a bit more edge in international tournaments and you will make the hall of fame as well.

But a question here for those of you who are far into the challenge. How good is your reputation? Mine is 80% at the moment (4 golden stars). Still when applying for jobs there seem to be a bug. Real Madrid laughed at me. Then gave me an interview which I aced, and then got the job. But they laughed at my initial approach. Anyone else experienced this?

I've nodged up all I can with Italy in my save and moved to Ivory Coast so can build for that tourney (2years i think) - regarding the rep I'm almost maxed I think its 95% i dont have the game loaded to check exactly. I find if you declare interest in big clubs with a manager in place they laugh off interest but interviews can go well. I didnt get Real Madrid despite 2 interviews but that could be because I state what my vision is (possession) not their vision. - but they still use the vision for the club fine rejection letter lol

200px-Feyenoord_logo.svg.png

Feyenoord Season Review 2023/24

League Table - 10th

After the torrid time at Hoffenheim I jumped straight into a job in Holland at a struggling Feyenoord, 15th in the league and having another sorry season at the bottom of the Eredivisie. They have a pretty young side with some good players, they just lacked anyone to put the ball in the net, top scorer for the season finished on 7 goals, managed to turn their fortunes around a little bit and finished in a respectable 10th position, really hoping to push on strong next year and cause some surprises, that or hope reigning champs Ajax magically dispense of their manager and hand me the golden ticket.

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division
2022/23            SK Rapid Wien              1st            Austrian Premier Division             League Winners/FA Cup Winners
2023/24            Hoffenheim                 N/A            German First Division                 Resigned as Hoffenheim manager
2023/24            Feyenoord                  10th           Eredivisie

The Earls Ultimate Football Manager Challenge

Wow, its been 2 months since last time I wrote an update here. Haven't played as much as I used to, but also lacked time to write updates. So what has happened since the last time:

2030-2031 AC Milan / France

I did a really good season with AC Milan. Took them to be double champions of Italy winning both Serie A and TIM Cup. Got knocked out of Europa League already in 1st KO round. Everything seemed well to take another season and go for Champions League as our team was really strong. I stayed within my budget but didn't prepare for what happened. Due to not participating in Champions League and the fact that my board totally misjudged our income versus expenses we went some 90M pounds in minus this season. This made the club fail FFP and got banned from Europe. I resigned and applied for other jobs to take on Chelsea.

France got off to a bad start and got relegated from Nations League A to B, after playing Germany and England. We did however start well in the qualifying for Euro 2032 campaign.

2031-2032 Chelsea / France

A cracker of a season. We had some good players, but where hampered by injuries and played very unstable. This lead to getting knocked out of domestic cups far too early. We did really well in Europa League though and won that competition. (Just so sad it doesn't count for this challenge). In the League it was 3 clubs close all the time, Man.City, Chelsea and Tottenham. It finished in that order with us only claiming 2nd place. Once again lost some money, and the club actually slashed my wage budget by 800K mid-season. At the end of the season I couldn't tempt my resistance to join Real Madrid instead.

France qualified easily for Euro 2032 winning all qualifying matches.

Euro 2032 update:

1st group match - Portugal - France 3-2

Scoring 2 goals in a match like this should be enough, but A.Costa main striker of Portugal netted 3 times to give us a bad start to the campaign.

2nd group match - France - Czech Republic 4-0

A fully rotated team scored 3 goals in the first half against the Czechs, a team we beat twice in the qualifiers as well. A 4th goal in the second half sealed the easiest victory of the campaign.

3rd group match - Turkey - France 1-2

This match looked easy on paper. We still played mostly with 2nd choice players to rest the best players for the KO phase. The game was far closer than expected but we managed to score twice in the first half, and hang on to a 2-1 victory. This meant 2nd place in the group.

1st KO round - France - Norway 1-1 (4-2 a.p.s.)

We played a much stronger side against Norway. Won the shot statistics 36-8 but only managed 1-1 thanks to a 89th minute equalizer from star striker O. Sanogo. I feared the penalties as I feel I never win them, but this time we did after scoring on all 4 of our penalties and Norway missed twice.

Quarter Final - France - Holand 5-2

My former team Holland was a much better side without me as a manager. They won World Cup in 2030, but I felt we could hit them with our offensive play. We did just that and scored 4 times in the first half. Could rotate a bit in the second half as the game finished 5-2.

Semi Final - Germany - France 1-2

Now the good thing about the semis was that we had 3 extra rest days compared to our opponents. The bad thing is that we met Germany, in my mind the best team in the world at this stage. Sang scored 2 early goals, and we had to defend, defend, defend. We managed just that and held on to a 2-1 win.

FINAL - France - Sweden 1-0

I couldn't believe my luck that Sweden was our opponents for the final. They did produce one or two small chances, but other than that this was one way traffic. Sanogo scored early and we controlled the game with shots ending at 21-4. Euro Champions!!!

---------------------------------------------

Season by season overview

Club career

Season Club Nation Division Pos. Cup (FA)

2015-2016 Den Bosch HOL Jupiler League (Tier 2) 11th 2nd round

(Took over in 19th, already out of Cup)

2016-2017 Den Bosch HOL Jupiler League (Tier 2) 1st 4th round

(Won the league and got promoted)

2017-2018 Den Bosch HOL Eresdivisie (Tier 1) 14th 2nd round

(Survived in a bad season, resigned)

2018-2019 Falkirk SCO Championship (Tier 2) 2nd Quarter F.

(Promoted via playoffs, 3rd round of League Cup, applied for another job)

2019-2020 Rangers SCO Championship (Tier 2) 1st Quarter F.

(Promoted, 3rd round of League Cup)

2020-2021 Rangers SCO Premiership (Tier 1) 1st Winners

(Double Champion, Quarter F. Of League Cup, resigned)

2021-2022 Aston Villa ENG Championship (Tier 2) 3rd 4th round

(Lost semis of playoffs, 2nd round of League Cup, resigned)

2022-2023 Kasimpasa TUR Super League (Tier 1) 5th Semi Final

(Took over in 12th, already out of European comp.)

2023-2024 Club Brugge BEL Pro League (Tier 1) 1st Semi Final

(Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League)

2024-2025 Torino ITA Serie A (Tier 1) NA 4th Qual.r.

(Bad season, left the club in march)

2025-2026 Lazio ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 2nd Winners

(Knocked out of Group Stage in CL, Quarter F. Of Europa League)

2026 Internacional BRA Serie A (Tier 1) 1st Quarter F.

(Took over in 9th, already State Champion, already knocked out of Copa Lib.)

2027 Internacional BRA Serie A (Tier 1) NA NA

(Won State Championship and Copa Libertadores, then resigned at 1st pos.)

2027-2028 Fenerbahce TUR Super League (Tier 1) 3rd Semi Final

(Knocked out of Quarter F. Of Europa League, joined early in season, resigned)

2028-2029 Spezia ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 7th 3rd Qual.r.

(Took over early in 15th, good season)

2029-2030 Spezia ITA Serie A (Tier 1) NA NA

(Jumped to AC Milan mid-season, was in 12th when I left, but still in cups)

2029-2030 AC Milan ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 4th Semi Final

(Took over in 9th, not in Europe)

2030-2031 AC Milan ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 1st Winners

(Double winners, lost 1 KO round of Europa League, resigned due to financial problems)

2031-2032 Chelsea ENG Premier League (Tier 1) 2nd 3rd round

(4th round of League Cup, won Europa League, applied for other job)

2032-2033 Real Madrid SPA La Liga (Tier 1) ??

International teams

2020-2022 – Romania

Qualified Romania for World Cup 2022, but finished bottom of the Group Stage and left to take over Ghana.

2022-2023 – Ghana

Took over Ghana as they where already qualified for ACON. Won ACO Non first attempt 2023 (1st int.landmark) then left the nation.

2024-2026 – Belgium

Took Belgium easily to World Cup, but only reached Quarter Finals, resigned to find another nation.

2026-2028 – Holland

Took Holand to Euros, but got relegated from Nations League A to B. Only reached 2nd round of Euros, and resigned before getting sacked.

2028-2030 – Uruguay

Took Uruguay to World Cup of 2030, but knocked out by Serbia in the Quarter Finals. Resigned to take over France.

2030-?? – France

Got France relegated from Nations League A to B. But took France to Euro 2032 and won the competition. Still managing them and waiting for Confederations Cup.

Club

------------------------------------------

4/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland with Rangers 2020/21, Belgium with Club Brugge 2023/24, Brazil with Internacional 2026, Italy with AC Milan 2030/31)

2/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup with Rangers 2020/21, Italian Cup with Lazio 2025/26, and AC Milan 2030/31)

1/5 club continental championships (Copa Libertadores with Internacional 2027)

International

-------------------------------------------

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa with Ghana 2023, Euro with France 2032)

0/2 world tournaments

FINAL - France - Sweden 1-0

I couldn't believe my luck that Sweden was our opponents for the final. They did produce one or two small chances, but other than that this was one way traffic. Sang scored early and we controlled the game with shots ending at 21-4. Euro Champions!!!

My world cup with Italy was a strangely easy one see opponents lol

My world cup group - Mali, Serbia, South Korea

2nd round - poland

qtr final - wales

semi final - argentina

final - peru

My world cup with Italy was a strangely easy one see opponents lol

My world cup group - Mali, Serbia, South Korea

2nd round - poland

qtr final - wales

semi final - argentina

final - peru

Well Argentina could always be a threat but Euro usually are more difficult than World Cup. My difficulties was Holland and Germany especially Germany.

Season 5- South Korea

A very quiet season for me. I was still looking for the right job a few came up that were off some interest but I didnt get them.

I entered the East Asia Cup with my South Korean side, I was expected to win it with Japan would be my only challenge. It started off well as we dispatched North Korea by 4 goals to none. We then beat China and Japan 2-0 in each game. 8 goals and non conceded was a very good result for us. It was really good to get another international trophy. We also managed to go straight through to the second round of the World Cup Qualifying rounds by winning every game.

Next season I will be looking to qualify for the World Cup with South Korea. I have also taken over a new club side at the end of the season.

2019 -                 South Korea                    East Asia Cup Winners

Challenge
Domestic Cup 0/10 - 
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 

International
1/5 continental tournaments - ACON DR Congo 2019, 
0/2 world tournaments 

Season 6- Lokomotiv Moscow/South Korea

A mad season. I took over for pre season where it was clear that I would need to add a few members to make the team better. The team was not too far away from the other teams in the league. We made a few additions in particular a very good striker from Sweden.

In the league we began well and it was clear from early on that the race would between us, Krasnador, Zenith and Spartak. Following the winter break Krasnador and Zenith could not keep up with the pace and slowly started to drop away. Ourselves and Spartak swapped positions for the remainder of the season before they drew in the penultimate game. In the final game we were two points clear and we faced Spartak. In the end we won 2-1 thanks to my young Swedish striker. The league was ours.

In the cup we were brilliant throughout and another win against Spartak 3-1 in the final sealed a memorable double for us.

With South Korea there is not much to say other than we are left in a very good position for World Cup Qualification.

I think I am going to leave Russia now and move onto one of the bigger European Countries.

20/21        Lokomotiv           Russia        Premier            1st          Champions, Cup Winners

2019 -                 South Korea                    East Asia Cup Winners

Challenge
Top Division Leagues 1/10 - (RUS Lokomotiv Moscow 2021)
Domestic Cup 1/10 - (RUS Lokomotiv Moscow 2021)
Champions Leagues 0/5 - 

International
1/5 continental tournaments - (ACON DR Congo 2019) 
0/2 world tournaments 

200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk_svg_zpsersh4j0g.png

FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2046

Following my stint in China I let six months or so past by in the hopes of picking up a role with at least potential capabilities of winning that elusive champions league , a Spanish club most preferred as its still required though nothing came available. The best available role was at Dnipro as Pyatov vacated the role to take over The Serbian National Team . He had left a fairly decent side , one that needed no alterations and it was a pretty straight forward although boring march to the double. Europe though is a different kettle of fish and although managed to get out of my Europa League group (though easy one) I was sent packing by the first half decent side I came across . To add to the frustration again this summer nothing has dropped , Sevilla Manager Pepelu has been hanging on by a thread for a couple of months now , Panathinaikos Manager survived despite finishing 3rd 15 points behind city rivals so I shall take another sabbatical until something off interest comes up.

EDIT - Taken Charge of USA

Season Overview

Season     Team             Country     Position    Notes          
2015    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden        12th      
2016    Varbergs BoIS       Sweden         4th   
2017    Sandnes Ulf         Norway          --
2018    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         2nd      Promoted
2019    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         8th
2020    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2021    Sandnes Ulf         Norway         3rd
2022    MK Dons             England       16th
2023    MK Dons             England        8th
2024    Ipswich Town        England        1st      Promoted
2025    Ipswich Town        England        6th
2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2027    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2028    Vitória Guimarães   Portugal       5th
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    Atlético Madrid     Spain          3rd
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2034    Toronto FC          USA             --
2035    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2036    Toronto FC          USA            1st      MLS Cup Winners
2037    Santos Laguna       Mexico          X
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2039    Internazionale      Italy          1st      Serie A Winners
2040    Wolfsburg           Germany        2nd
2041    Wolfsburg           Germany        1st      Bundesliga Winners
2042    Lille OSC           France         2nd      Coupe de la Ligue Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2044    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners
2046    Dnipro              Ukraine        1st      Premier League and DATAGROUP Cup Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine

7/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine

3/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045

1/1 club world championship - Tottenham 2033

International

4/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044

2/2 world tournaments - WC Uruguay 2030 , England 2042 - CONFED Uruguay 2033

Valenciacf_zpsxfkai3xi.png

Valencia CF 2048

Pretty Much a full season passed between my departure from Dnipro and appointment at Valencia . This is a rebuilding project and one that will retake several seasons due to the clubs poor financial position and gap between themselves and Spain's and Europe's elite. The Clubs academy is still in good working order and will be relied on along with free transfers for the next few seasons. Only managed the final three games of the season to finish 8th

The United States who host the 2050 World Cup have been having a pretty horrid time and have hit record lows within the rankings . Friendly matches against higher level opposition rather than usual qualifications have really hurt and USA have fallen from 27th to 83rd in the World under my reign. I have actually only won 1 game in 8 and that was against Martinique - May not even make it to the Gold Cup 2049 at this rate

2026    Red Bull Salzburg   Austria        1st      Bundesliga and OFB-Cup Winners
2029    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2030    FC Porto            Portugal       1st      Liga NOS and Taça da Liga Winners
2031    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro and Copa do Brasil Winners
2032    São Paulo           Brazil         1st      Campeonato Brasileiro , Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores Winners
2033    Tottenham           England        1st      Premier League , FA Cup and World Club Winnners
2038    Santos Laguna       Mexico         2nd      CONCACAF Champions League Winners
2043    Lille OSC           France         1st      Ligue 1 and Coupe de France Winners
2045    Shandong Luneng     China          1st      CSL Winners , CFA Cup and AFC Champions League Winners
2046    Dnipro              Ukraine        1st      Premier League and DATAGROUP Cup Winners
2047    Dnipro              Ukraine         --
2048    Valencia            Spain          8th

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine

7/10 domestic cups - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , France , China , Ukraine

3/5 club continental championships - São Paulo 2032 , Santos Laguna 2038 , Shandong Luneng 2045

International

4/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044

18519810cf21c3767011b686c03eca8e.jpgFlag_of_Brazil.jpg

Season 2030/31

Third league title in a row, the most convincing one, too.

Our cup "run" wasn't even a run because we lost in the second round to Eintracht, an embarrassment. That perhaps freed up some space to chase the holy grail; Champions League.

We started horribly, losing to Lyon 1-3. Recovery followed with wins over Basel and twice over Udinese. We took our revenge on Lyon by beating them 1-0, and following their **** up in the next match, we secure the first place after another win over Basel, all in hope of getting an easier draw in the knockout round.

Well, guess what, we got Chelsea. :rolleyes:

Anyway, two exciting games later, 5-2 win and 3-3 draw, we got to the next round, waiting for Real Madrid. We demolished them at home 6-1, and routinely played out the fixture in an away leg 1-1. Semis saw us battle against two consecutive CL winners, PSG. After a convincing win at home 3-0, we almost threw everything away by losing 2-3, but only with a lot of luck.

The grand finale meant a match against Arsenal, which we won 3-0, after they having missed a penalty and having a spare man for almost entire second half!

Lots of international teams wanted me, I chose Brazil, hoping to get Copa America out of the way quickly. I walked over everyone on road to final, which we lost to Argentina. Instant sack the next day. :( International management is why I'll never finish this challenge.

Season     Team            League               Position       Domestic Cup           Continental Cup           Notes 

2015       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   5th           4th rnd                       -                  took over 13 games to go, 7th place
2016       Goyang Hi FC    K League Challenge   1st           5th rnd                       -   
2017       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     6th           quarters                      -    
2018       Goyang Hi FC    K League Classic     7th           4th rnd                       -   
2019       Seoul           K League Classic     3rd           runners up                  WINNERS              joined after 19 games, 6th place       
2020       Seoul           K League Classic     1st           WINNERS                     WINNERS  
2020/21    Sundowns        South African PSL    3rd           KC semis, FA 1st rnd       in progress           joined after 13 games, 11th place 
2021/22    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC WINNERS, FA quarters     won ACC     
2022/23    Sundowns        South African PSL    1st           KC semis, FA winners        WINNERS    
2023/24    Palermo         Serie A              4th           semis                         -                  joined after 11 games, 11th place  
2024/25    Napoli          Serie A              2nd           1st rnd                   EL 1st KO rnd      
2025/26    Napoli          Serie A              1st           quarters                  CL 1st KO rnd   
2026/27    Napoli          Serie A              1st           semis                     CL 1st KO rnd    
2027       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    1st           WINNERS                   Copa Sud. winners      joined after 15 games, 1st place     
2028       Rosario C.      Argentina Primera    -             -                         Copa Lib. WINNERS      resigned after 15 games, 1st place 
2028/29    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           WINNERS                   CL quarters    
2029/30    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           semis                     CL quarters  
2030/31    B. Dortmund     Bundesliga           1st           2nd rnd                     WINNERS

Season     Nation            Competitions

2020       Nigeria        African Champions of Nations - quarterfinals
2021       Nigeria        African Nations Cup - quarterfinals
2021       Ivory Coast      -  
2022       Ivory Coast    African Champions of Nations - winners, World Cup - second round   
2023       Ivory Coast    African Nations Cup - 4th place  
2026       Cameroon       World Cup - group stage
2027       Cameroon       African Nations Cup - WINNERS
2030       Colombia       World Cup - group stage
2031       Brazil         Copa America - runners-up

Challenge Progress

Club

5/10 top domestic leagues (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Italy-Napoli, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/10 domestic cups (Korea-Seoul, South Africa-Sundowns, Argentina-Rosario Central, Germany-Borussia Dortmund)

4/5 club continental championships (Asia-Seoul, Africa-Sundowns, South America-Rosario Central, Europe-Borussia Dortmund)

International

1/5 continental tournaments (Africa-Cameroon)

0/2 world tournaments

Pug's Update Season 2031/32

ZyUUyw5.png

With The Manager Resigning From Ulsan, I Took Over With 3 Games Off The Season To Go. They Had Already Won The League, And Were In The Finals

Of The Champions League. Which We Won 6-1 On Aggregate Against Al-Nassr From Saudi (Yes I Done A Vike).

nRa5elf.png?1

On The International Front I Didn't See The South Korea Job Come Up Till To Late. The Manager From Ulsan Beat Me To It.

But The Iran Job Come Up Again, After The New Manager Retired, So I Was Back In Charge Of Iran.

Season 2032/33

This Season Was A Bit Easy, Because No One Really Put Up Much Of A Challenge. So I Won The League And Cup Double, And Also Won The Champions League.

So Now It Was On To Pastures New, And Back To Scotland With Hearts.

OPG9klS.png?1

gSSNWWV.png

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won           Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid         Won            Won  Won     Won   Won                   
2026/27    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2027/28    Milan                              Won
2028/29    Milan               Won            Won                                      
2029       Santos                             Won
2030       Santos              Won            Won
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked
2030/31    Rangers                            Won
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                                          Won                         Won S American Champions League
2031/32    Ulsan               Won                         Won                         Won Asian Champions League                               
2032/33    Ulsan               Won            Won          Won
2033/34    Hearts                     
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2030      Iran           Won
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked
2033      Iran                                                                                        Back In Charge

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
8/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea)
9/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland-S/Korea)
5/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa-S/America-Asian)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle-England)

International
-------------
4/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA)
2/2  World Tournaments       (World Cup-Spain/Confed-Spain)

Kaizer Chiefs End Of Season 27/28

240px-Kaizer_Chiefs_logo.svg.png

Review

A great season for us saw us initially win the Knockout Cup (which counts toward the challenge)

then carry on our good form all throughout the league campaign, which we completed undefeated all the way through, allowing us to retain our title - Champions!!

Obviously, doing the double saw me as Manager Of The Year by quite some distance.

However, it was the African Champions League that I was really after and by the end of this season we were halfway through the campaign.

The chairman of the club decided to retire, leaving a Board Takeover in place during the close season.

Now, I'm sure we all know what a pain these board takeovers can be, but this one was pretty smooth compared to others I've been involved in - the only downside was that for the majority of the close season I couldn't buy anybody due to the transfer embargo.

Being honest, it was really a case of keeping the squad I already had as I couldn't add anybody to the Champions League squad anyway

The new chairman wasn't as supportive as the old one, but it was only increasing the Coaching staff that I was after anyway.

So, the new season started and we picked up where we left off in the league. We finished runners up in the Super 8 Cup and Be the Coach challenge, but nobody cared about that anyway.

In the Champions League, we won the group and got pitted against Al Hilal in the quarter final.

We managed to beat them, but then came unstuck in the semi final against Zamalek.....the dream was over.

So, as I'd mentioned in previous posts, I've managed in South Africa for ages - not in this challenge, but previous attempts (I've read through this entire thread and also the old one and I've spent almost ten years there) so the semi final defeat left me disappointed....and genuinely bored, so I resigned.

I think that may have been a mistake, but it's done now.

Of all the jobs that became available, Houston in the MLS were in the quarter finals of the NACL.........so I'm off to the good old U. S of A.......

.....that draft/transfer system is bonkers (it's doing my head in already!!)

Season	Team		Country       	Pos	Notes          
15/16	Linfield		N. Ireland	6th	Took over in December, sacked before the end of the season
16/17	Cliftonville    	N. Ireland	3rd	Took over in January, Euro Qualification
17/18	Cliftonville    	N. Ireland	4th	League Cup Winners
18/19	Cliftonville   	N. Ireland	1st	Champions, Manager Of The Year
19/20	Shanggang	China		1st	Champions, Cup Winners, Manager Of The Year     
20/21	Shanggang	China		N/A	Resigned after being knocked out of Champs League
20/21	Jeonbuk		S. Korea		4th	Cup Winners, Knocked Out 2nd Round Champs League
21/22	Jeonbuk		S. Korea		N/A	Sacked4th in league, QF of Champs League, SF of FA Cup
22/23	Pohang		S. Korea		6th	Cup Winners, knocked out in SF of Asian Champs League
23/24	Pohang		S. Korea		N/A	Sacked after first match of the new season!!
24/25	Seoul		S. Korea		3rd	Took over with 14 games played, qualified for Champs League
25/26	Seoul		S. Korea		N/A	Sacked - Team finished 2nd & won FA Cup
26/27	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa		1st	Champions
27/28	Kaizer Chiefs	S. Africa		1st	Champions, KO Cup Winner, S/F Champs League - Resigned
28/29	Houston		USA

International
2026	Camaroon	Africa		Resigned after 2 matches
2026	Morocco		Africa		Eliminated in Group Stage at World Cup, qualified for ACON
2027	Morocco		Africa		ACON Winners - resigned straight after

Challenge Progress

Club

3/10 top domestic leagues (N. Ireland, China, S. Africa)

4/10 domestic cups (N. Ireland, China, S. Korea, S. Africa)

0/5 club continental championships ()

International

1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Morocco 2027)

0/2 world tournaments ()

I decided to pack in my previous attempt at this challenge, as I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere and made some poor decisions (such as managing Uzbekistan for 2 years without a club). Oh well - some could argue that mistakes are the best way to learn!

Therefore, I have decided to restart this challenge. For this attempt, I have loaded all the leagues from the home nations (England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland). I will be slightly more picky this time round and am looking towards a team in the top half of the top division in either Ireland, N.Ireland or Wales.

Really enjoying reading everyone's updates. Good to see a couple of others close to completing this - I doubt I will ever be at that level, but I will enjoy trying!

Valencia CF 2049

An improvement on last season but still a long way to go . Long term injuries to my AMR and AMC who were my main treats took away my champions league aspirations as the reserves simply were not good enough . This is something i am hoping to address this summer though once again it will need to be on free transfers as the club is skint . The Copa Del Rey was the main focus during the squad rebuild and was going to plan , beating Numancia , Espanyol and Real Betis along the way before running into Real Madrid at the semi final stage . GAME OVER

Things had improved at bit internationally following wins over UAE and Bosnia to rise back up the rankings after falling to around 80 the previous year . It was a full fixtured summer for the US who hosted the Confederations Cup whilst also hosting the Gold Cup . Wins over Algeria and New Zealand and defeat to Colombia saw us through to the Semi Finals where we were hammered by Argentina.In the third place playoff we were once again hammered by my former side England but all in all it was a successful tournament .

In the Gold Cup USA B were drawn against Trinidad , Panama and Champions Costa Rica and came out joint top with the champions on 7 points . A 3-0 victory over Canada saw a rematch against Costa Rica in the semi final . A late goal from Gary Dombrowski put the US in the final 3-2 following a very even tie to setup a final against El Salvador . El Salvador raced to a 2-0 lead after 15 minutes in New Orleans though were pegged back before half time . 2-2 - No further goals in the second half and we were heading to extra time . Velazquez put the US in front on 108 mins and later added a penalty to seal his hattrick as USA B were crowned Gold Cup Champions

Gold Cup

2049    Valencia            Spain          6th

Challenge Progress

Club

International - COMPLETE

5/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044 - GOLD USA 2049

I decided to pack in my previous attempt at this challenge, as I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere and made some poor decisions (such as managing Uzbekistan for 2 years without a club). Oh well - some could argue that mistakes are the best way to learn!

Therefore, I have decided to restart this challenge. For this attempt, I have loaded all the leagues from the home nations (England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland). I will be slightly more picky this time round and am looking towards a team in the top half of the top division in either Ireland, N.Ireland or Wales.

Really enjoying reading everyone's updates. Good to see a couple of others close to completing this - I doubt I will ever be at that level, but I will enjoy trying!

It's been debated on here about which route is the best to take.

There's been cases for starting in Europe and enhancing reputations early which will help with decent jobs further down the line......

....or starting in Asia / S. Africa and, well, pretty much the same really!!

I started in N. Ireland and won the league and a cup within 3 seasons, but personally I think it doesn't matter where people start as it still takes a few seasons to get your reputation high enough to pick and choose jobs.

Personally, I've always tried to take jobs in top divisions, with clubs I know I can challenge for things - but people like Pug and Kaiser have taken jobs at "lower" clubs and built them up into winning teams.

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" way of doing this challenge.........and thats what makes it so great!!

Good luck with your new start

Corinthians-icon.png225px-%E6%84%9B%E7%88%BE%E8%98%AD%E5%9C%8B%E6%97%97.png

Season review 2022

Corinthians and Republic of Ireland

Internationally, I took the Ireland job just after the World Cup. They went out in the second round to England, so I guessed that I'd maybe have a bit of work to do. Placed in the European International League Division C along with Northern Ireland, Israel and Slovenia, I was looking forward to getting into international management again. 4 wins and 2 draws from the six games makes me feel that we've made a good start. We're playing well, averaging 3 goals a game, and looking very dangerous with the ball. The defence needs a bit of work, and the squad is ageing, so I'll need to think about bringing through some of the youngsters soon enough. What gives me cause for optimism for next year is having attacking players who can find the net on a regular basis. Aiden O'Brien has been phenomenal, and even bagged back-to-back hat-tricks, which is some achievement. I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next. As I'm about to go into 2023, I'm assuming it'll be a qualifying campaign for the Euros. I've got our ranking up to a heady 16th, so I'd love to crack the top 10 at some point soon.

Domestically, I chose to leave Salzburg. I've left my successor with a decent squad, and £25m in the transfer kitty after clearing out the deadwood, so I don't feel too bad about it. I applied for lots of jobs, but only had interviews at Ajax and Zenit in Europe. I have ended up taking over at Corinthians in Brazil. They were sat in 5th when I took over, only a few points behind leaders Internacional. The squad was in an interesting state, with only three centre backs, one goalkeeper, and two wide attackers. I delved into the transfer market and brought in a couple of wide attackers, one on loan and one for the princely sum of £200k, and recalled one of our goalkeepers from his loan spell.

A thirteen game unbeaten run, dropping only six points in the process, saw us hit the top of the table with 11 games to go. We then had a major wobble, only picking up two points from the next four games, giving the lead back to Internacional. The frustrating thing was we took the lead in three of those games. Internacional then had a wobble themselves, and we pounced with four wins on the bounce, putting us five points clear with three games to go. Back-to-back defeats to Cruzeiro and Fluminese meant we had to win the final game to seal the title. We were up against Nautico, who were already relegated and bottom of the league. Surely we weren't going to blow it, at home, against them? No, we weren't. A 4-0 thrashing happened, with Marcos Junior, Otavio and a Hugo Ragelli brace winning the title for us. I was thoroughly amazed that we were able to do this, but think it no small part it was down to the fact that we only had the league to focus on, after being knocked out of the cup before I arrived.

I'm definitely staying at Corinthians for now. I'm eager to see if we can land the Copa Libertadores next season and, to a lesser extent, the Brazilian Cup. I will be going all out for the Copa, and feel like I've got a good chance with my starting team. I've been given a transfer budget of £14m, and plan to trim the deadwood from the squad and add some real depth. I know the boards in Brazil can be quite demanding, so I can't really afford to completely sacrifice the league next season. The current state of the squad is nowhere near good enough to compete on multiple fronts, so I feel like its going to be a busy pre-season for me now. First on the list is another striker, as despite having four in the squad, only Hugo Ragelli knows how to score. Without his goals, I dread to think where we would have finished this season.

In a strange way, its nice to have a little bit of stability. I've jumped around from job to job quite quickly (I've had three club jobs in 2022!), so I'm looking forward to having a pre-season to fully shape a club into the way I want, rather than applying a quick fix to win a trophy. In an ideal world, I see myself as being here until I win the Copa, but who knows what the future holds. That said, if a job comes up in South Africa at one of the top teams / a team in the Champions League, I'd be tempted.

On a side note, my reputation seems to have stuck at 65%. Since then, I've won the NACL, Austrian League, Austrian Cup and Brazilian League. I've got all of my coaching badges. Any idea what I can do to get it higher? I'm never going to be able to compete for a job at a good club in the big five leagues until I can.

Club
Season        Team             Position      Notes and Achievements
2015/16      Dungannon     10th          Won Northern Irish FA Cup and kept Dungannon up after taking over with 3 games to go
2016/17      Dungannon     8th            A solid but unspectacular season
2017/18      Yiteng            8th            A settling season in China
2019           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and FA Cup, as well as claiming MOTY.
2020           Jiangsu          1st            Won Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League
2020/21      Aberdeen       9th            Won Scottish League Cup
2021/22      Monterrey      5th/5th      Won Opening Stage, knocked out in semis of closing stage. Won NACL.
2021/22      Salzburg        1st             Won league and cup double
2022           Corinthians    1st             Won league

Season        Team              Notes and Achievements
2016/17      Congo              Resigned without playing a game
2016/17      Cameroon        One win away from WC qualification
2017/18      Cameroon        2nd round of 2018 World Cup
2019           Cameroon        African Cup of Nations winner!
2021           Poland             An abject failure!
2022           Ireland            4 wins, 2 draws and promotion to European International League Division B

Challenge Progress

Club

4/10 top domestic leagues - China (Jiangsu), Mexico (Monterrey), Austria (Salzburg), Brazil (Corinthians)

4/10 domestic cups - Northern Ireland (Dungannon), China (Jiangsu), Scotland (Aberdeen), Austria (Salzburg)

2/5 club continental championships - ACL (Jiangsu), NACL (Monterrey)

International

1/5 continental tournaments - ACON Cameroon 2019

0/2 world tournaments

Pug's Update Season 2033/34

br6q2xx.png

So I Took Over Hearts In The December Sitting In 8th Place. Took A Few Games For The Players To Get Use To My Tactic. In The End We Manage To Get

Up To 3rd. The Only Problem We Were Losing Money Every Week. My Old Team Rangers Won The League By 15 Points Over Celtic. We Reached The League

Cup Final, And Won With A 3-1 Win Over Celtic. Which Give Me A Bit Off Hope For Next Season.

ygXhTVu.png?1

EdYpCyc.png

zU6xko0.png

So On To The World Cup With Iran, And Drawn In A Group With Portugal/Croatia And Senegal. With 2 Win And A Loss To Croatia, We Progressed To The 2nd

Round. A Nice 3-1 Win Over Sweden Booked A Q-Final Against Austria, And A 4-3 Extra Time Win. The Semis Drew Us Against Uruguay And A 3-1 Win. So Onto

The Final And A 1-1 Draw Against Brazil, And Then A Penalty Shoot-out Loss.

CLUB CAREER                      
                                                                      -----------
Season     Club                Leagues        Cups                                     Other & Notes
                              1st  2nd       1st  2nd    Cont   CWC                                                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Cambridge Utd                                                               Promoted To Div 1.Won JPT                     
2016/17    Cambridge Utd                           Won                                 Promoted To Championship.
2017/18    Cambridge Utd                      Won                                      Promoted To Premier League,Won FA Cup
2018/19    Newcastle Utd       Won                                                     Won The Premier League
2019/20    Newcastle Utd       Won                 Won     Won                         Premier league/C1C/Champions League
2020/21    Newcastle Utd                                         Won                   Won Club World Cup
2020/21    Dortmund                           Won                                      Resigned NUFC Took Over Dortmund In 12th
2021/22    Dortmund            Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2022/23    Monterrey                                       Won                         Won N American Champions League
2023/24    Monterrey                                                                   Resigned
2023/24    Marseille           Won            Won  Won                                 Won All 3 Trophy's
2024/25    Real Madrid         Won                 Won           Won                      
2025/26    Real Madrid         Won            Won  Won     Won   Won                   
2026/27    Kaizer Chiefs       Won            Won  Won
2027/28    Kaizer Chiefs                                   Won                         Won African Champions League
2027/28    Milan                              Won
2028/29    Milan               Won            Won                                      
2029       Santos                             Won
2030       Santos              Won            Won
2031       Santos              Won                                                     Got Sacked
2030/31    Rangers                            Won
2031/32    Rangers                                                                     
2031/32    Santos                                          Won                         Won S American Champions League
2031/32    Ulsan               Won                         Won                         Won Asian Champions League                               
2032/33    Ulsan               Won            Won          Won
2033/34    Hearts                                 Won
2034/35    Hearts                                                                                         
                                                                  INTERNATIONAL CAREER
                                                                  --------------------

Season    Nation         Cups                                                                         Other & Notes
                        World Cup    Confed Cup    Euro's    AFC    ACON    Gold Cup   Copa America
2015      Iran U23                                                                                    Won AFC U23 Championship
2017      France U21                                                                                  Won U21 Championship
2019      England U21
2019      Algeria                                                                                     Never Played A Game
2020      Spain                                                                                       
2021      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2022      Spain          Won                                                                          Won The World Cup
2023      Spain                                                                                       Won UEFA Nations League
2024      Spain                                     Won                                               Won European Championship
2025      Spain                       Won                                                             Won Confed Cup
2025      Brazil
2026      Brazil         Won
2027      Brazil                                                                        Won           Won Copa America
2027      South Africa
2028      South Africa                                                                                Won C.H.A.N
2029      South Africa                                               Won                              Won A.C.O.N
2029      USA                                                                 Won                     Won Gold Cup
2030      Iran           Won
2031      Iran                                                                                        Sacked
2033      Iran                                                                                        Back In Charge
2034      Iran                                                                                        2nd In World Cup

Challenge Progress.
 -------------------

Club
----
8/10 Top Domestic Leagues(England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-S/Korea)
9/10 Top Domestic Cups   (England-Germany-France-Spain-S/Africa-Italy-Brazil-Scotland-S/Korea)
5/5  Continental Cups    (Europe-North American-S/Africa-S/America-Asian)
1/1  Club World Cup      (Newcastle-England)

International
-------------
4/5  Continental Tournaments (Euro's-Spain/Copa America-Brazil/ACON-S/Africa/Gold Cup-USA)
2/2  World Tournaments       (World Cup-Spain/Confed-Spain)

Vikeologist's 2017/18 Southend Report

th?id=OIP.M754b1fb0b5ebad78470619daecf95996o0&w=160&h=160&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1

You see, i think there is a best (or quickest) way to do this challenge. It's to take over a lower league side in one of the big leagues, get them promoted (or use their success to get a job at a bigger club) and win the big league in the first 4 or 5 years.

The trouble is that you have to be a good enough manager to achieve success.

We did not have a good season. This is an old save that I returned to, thinking that with my new super-duper tactics, I could get Southend promoted this season. Unfortunately my system depends on having the right personnel, especially at the wing-back position, and we didn't.

However, i'm optimistic for next season. There are several full-backs coming to then end of their contracts with other clubs, and if I can sign two of them (one for each side) things should improve.

For the last 2 seasons I've had a lot of loan players, but once it became clear that they weren't doing very well, and we weren't going to get promoted, I started blooding youngsters. Maybe next season I will pretty much do without loan players.

I don't have any players that will make it into my challenge best 11 at then end, (not that I'm going to finsih the challenge)

Best average rating - Luke O'Neill - 7.20. My right wing-back, although despite being statistically our best player, that's because of the position he plays. he's actually not very good, and I'll be moving heaven and earth to replace him.

Top Scorer - Zackarias Faour - 19 goals. I've had him on loan for both of my seasons at the club, and he's just been ok. I don't plan to invite him back for a third.

MoM - Anthony Wordsworth - 5. This is primarily because he is the set piece specialist. He's a re-purposed left winger creviced into midfield, and not actually all that good, but he serves a purpose.

Season Team     Position Notes          Challenge Landmarks

15/16 Unemployed    n/a  I have my standards and I'm sticking to them 
16/17 Southend    13th  Yawn
17/18 Southend    13th  Wake me up when tomorrow comes

Introduction (You are advised to skip this part)

I am in my final year in school and hence, most of the time I am swamped with studies and various projects which means that I don't really get as much time to play FM as I would have liked. However, since my month-long summer vacation is ongoing (two more weeks to go), I seem to have found a bit more time to play. Anyway, now lets get to the game. I am awful when it comes to chosing the right club to start with and there are possibilities that I have picked the wrong club again :D.

I really hope that I can keep going and possibly finish this challenge by 2025 (irl).

Flor%C3%B8_SK.png

Florø SK

2. divisjon avdeling 4

My first job is in Norway in the dreaded 2. divisjon (3rd tier). There are 4 groups (avdelings) and only one of the 14 teams in each group can be promoted. Unfortunately, as many as 3 can go down. When I took over the team, we were around 7 points from safety with 7 to play. A home game against 2nd placed Elverum saw us narrowly after they scored in the 1st minute. The next game saw us come from 1-0 and 2-1 down to take the lead at Strindheim only for our opponents to score a late third themselves, leaving us 8 points adrift with 5 games to play.

What happened after this was incredible. We won at Byasen (1-0) and then thumped Molde 2 5-1 at home. Brummundal held us in our next game by scoring a late equaliser and it seemd to have ended our hopes of survival but 2-1 wins in our last two games saw us survive by 2 points.

CLUB CAREER:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2015 | Florø SK | 2. divisjon avdeling 4 | Norway | 10th | Somehow survived |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Having a cracker of a season with Real Madrid. Can hardly wait for the update. 3 games left to play, and all to play for. Going to play final of Copa del Rey, final of Champions League, and final league game which will be a decider match El Classico against Barcelona. Then if thats not enough going to play Confederations Cup with my France team as well.

Valencia CF 2050

Whilst on paper it does seem that Valencia are indeed getting closer to the colossus that is Real Madrid , there main issue has yet to be resolved . Financial insecurity has led to two long protracted periods of negotiation and embargoes over the past 18 months and as we come into the summer months another presents itself. EDIT - The takeover failed due to owner not having the cash claimed

It's World Cup year so alot could change in the next three months or so and the media are labelling me as been odds on favourite to take over at Barcelona at the end of the season but will have to see .

Copa Del Rey was same as last season , ran into Real Madrid at semi final stage and that was that . In the Europa League i did manage knockout on of my old sides Tottenham before running into Sporting Lisbon who have been my nemesis in this save knocking me out of several tournaments over the years.

Season Review

2050    Valencia            Spain          2nd

Challenge Progress

Club

International - COMPLETE

5/5 continental tournaments - ACON Senegal 2025 - AFC Australia 2027 - COPA Uruguay 2031 - EURO England 2044 - GOLD USA 2049

200px-Feyenoord_logo.svg.pngFIF_NewCrest.png

Feyenoord & Ivory Coast Season Review 2024/2025

League Table - 4th

A much improved season this time out, we had a late push for the title, winning 8 of the last 9 nine games losing only to the eventual champions Vitesse. Team is probably a bit on the young side, I get the Champions League vultures circling every transfer window for my young players and they almost always unsettle them and cause a dip in form, very annoying. Made it through to the Quarters of the Dutch FA Cup and lost out in penalties against a Sparta side that had zero shots on target!!

Decided to take another crack at international management and with the African Cup of Nations a few months away the Ivory Coast had dispensed with their manager, so I swooped in and won the tournament! Very easy, they were probably the strongest side in it and we took Egypt apart 3-1 in the final

ACON FINAL

Not jumping jobs this year, going to stick it out with Feyenoord until I win this Eredivisie!!

2015/16            FC Haka                    3rd            Finnish First Division
2016/17            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish First Division                Promoted to Premier League
2017/18            FC Haka                    1st            Finnish Premier League                League Winners
2018/19            Gornik Leczna              1st            Polish First Division                 Promoted to Ekstraklasa
2019/20            Slask Wroclaw              5th            Polish Ekstraklasa
2020/21            Legia                      1st            Polish Ekstraklasa                    League Winners
2021/22            SK Rapid Wien              3rd            Austrian Premier Division
2022/23            SK Rapid Wien              1st            Austrian Premier Division             League Winners/FA Cup Winners
2023/24            Hoffenheim                 N/A            German First Division                 Resigned as Hoffenheim manager
2023/24            Feyenoord                  10th           Eredivisie
2024/25            Feyenoord                  4th            Eredivisie

2019/20            Morocco             Resigned after 1 game
2024/25            Ivory Coast         ACON Winners

Challenge Progress

Club
3/10 top domestic leagues (Finland,Poland,Austria)
1/10 domestic cups (Austria)
0/5 club continental championships

International
1/5 continental tournaments (ACON - Ivory Coast)
0/2 world tournaments

The Earl Ultimate Football Manager Challenge - 2032/33 Real Madrid / France

Got a hefty 6M wage budget with Real Madrid (which is just bogus, I didn't spend nearly all of it, still lost 70M pound for the year before the club took a hefty 141M bank loan in the moment they got a new chairman.)

Opted to sign only 2 first team players, and 3 youngsters as the team had a really good squad. I opted to change my favourite 4-3-3 formation for a 4-1-4-1. We didnt score the most of goals, but only 13 conceded in 38 league matches says the most. It all came down to 3 vital matches in the end.

We won Copa Del Rey after beating Real Sociedad 1-0 in the final. The league came down to a deciding El Classico in the final match at Santiago Bernabeu. We had 2 points advantage over Barca before that match, and only needed a draw. We won 1-0 (as we did away earlier in the season as well.) And thus won the league by a 5 point margin. In Champions League we faced Paris SG in the final and won by 3-2 a.e.t. Our right back scored a memorable own-goal to level the match after we had been 2-0 up. The own goal was from farther then 20 yards. In the end our 2nd choice striker scored the winner in extra time.

With France we got an easy Confedrations Cup, winning group matches against Ivory Coast, Mexico and China. Then won against Chile 2-1 in the semis before facing Mexico again in the final (they beat Holland in the semis). We took an early 2-0 lead and won 2-1 in the end.

4 titles in 1 season, gave me some hope of eventually progressing in this challenge. I will now stay with both Real Madrid and France for 1 more season, to aim for World Club Cup, and World Cup.

---------------------------------------------

Season by season overview

Club career

Season Club Nation Division Pos. Cup (FA)

2015-2016 Den Bosch HOL Jupiler League (Tier 2) 11th 2nd round

(Took over in 19th, already out of Cup)

2016-2017 Den Bosch HOL Jupiler League (Tier 2) 1st 4th round

(Won the league and got promoted)

2017-2018 Den Bosch HOL Eresdivisie (Tier 1) 14th 2nd round

(Survived in a bad season, resigned)

2018-2019 Falkirk SCO Championship (Tier 2) 2nd Quarter F.

(Promoted via playoffs, 3rd round of League Cup, applied for another job)

2019-2020 Rangers SCO Championship (Tier 2) 1st Quarter F.

(Promoted, 3rd round of League Cup)

2020-2021 Rangers SCO Premiership (Tier 1) 1st Winners

(Double Champion, Quarter F. Of League Cup, resigned)

2021-2022 Aston Villa ENG Championship (Tier 2) 3rd 4th round

(Lost semis of playoffs, 2nd round of League Cup, resigned)

2022-2023 Kasimpasa TUR Super League (Tier 1) 5th Semi Final

(Took over in 12th, already out of European comp.)

2023-2024 Club Brugge BEL Pro League (Tier 1) 1st Semi Final

(Lost in 1st KO Round of Europa League)

2024-2025 Torino ITA Serie A (Tier 1) NA 4th Qual.r.

(Bad season, left the club in march)

2025-2026 Lazio ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 2nd Winners

(Knocked out of Group Stage in CL, Quarter F. Of Europa League)

2026 Internacional BRA Serie A (Tier 1) 1st Quarter F.

(Took over in 9th, already State Champion, already knocked out of Copa Lib.)

2027 Internacional BRA Serie A (Tier 1) NA NA

(Won State Championship and Copa Libertadores, then resigned at 1st pos.)

2027-2028 Fenerbahce TUR Super League (Tier 1) 3rd Semi Final

(Knocked out of Quarter F. Of Europa League, joined early in season, resigned)

2028-2029 Spezia ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 7th 3rd Qual.r.

(Took over early in 15th, good season)

2029-2030 Spezia ITA Serie A (Tier 1) NA NA

(Jumped to AC Milan mid-season, was in 12th when I left, but still in cups)

2029-2030 AC Milan ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 4th Semi Final

(Took over in 9th, not in Europe)

2030-2031 AC Milan ITA Serie A (Tier 1) 1st Winners

(Double winners, lost 1 KO round of Europa League, resigned due to financial problems)

2031-2032 Chelsea ENG Premier League (Tier 1) 2nd 3rd round

(4th round of League Cup, won Europa League, applied for other job)

2032-2033 Real Madrid SPA La Liga (Tier 1) 1st Winner

(Winner of Champions League and Supercoppa Espana)

International teams

2020-2022 – Romania

Qualified Romania for World Cup 2022, but finished bottom of the Group Stage and left to take over Ghana.

2022-2023 – Ghana

Took over Ghana as they where already qualified for ACON. Won ACO Non first attempt 2023 (1st int.landmark) then left the nation.

2024-2026 – Belgium

Took Belgium easily to World Cup, but only reached Quarter Finals, resigned to find another nation.

2026-2028 – Holland

Took Holand to Euros, but got relegated from Nations League A to B. Only reached 2nd round of Euros, and resigned before getting sacked.

2028-2030 – Uruguay

Took Uruguay to World Cup of 2030, but knocked out by Serbia in the Quarter Finals. Resigned to take over France.

2030-?? – France

Got France relegated from Nations League A to B. But took France to Euro 2032 and won the competition. Stayed in Nations League B. Won Confederations Cup. Currently in qualifiers for World Cup with 4 wins out of 4.

Club

------------------------------------------

5/10 top domestic leagues (Scotland with Rangers 2020/21, Belgium with Club Brugge 2023/24, Brazil with Internacional 2026, Italy with AC Milan 2030/31, Spain with Real Madrid 2032/33)

3/10 domestic cups (Scottish FA Cup with Rangers 2020/21, Italian Cup with Lazio 2025/26, and AC Milan 2030/31, Copa del Rey with Real Madrid 2032/33)

2/5 club continental championships (Copa Libertadores with Internacional 2027, UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid 2032/33)

International

-------------------------------------------

2/5 continental tournaments (Africa with Ghana 2023, Euro with France 2032)

1/2 world tournaments (Confederations Cup with France 2033)

vike thanks for my entry to the Leaderboards. I think kaiser is up to 28 achievements though. Just a heads up.

My 10/10 leagues is technically not correct as I still require Spain . I have 6 comps remaining - Spain, UCL , CAFCL and 3 national based cups so 27 is correct number

Flor%C3%B8_SK.png

Florø SK

2. divisjon avdeling 4

The end of the previous season saw us lose two of our best players - a CB and an AMC. Unfortunately, the club's low reputation (and my own) meant that we couldn't attract direct replacements for them and instead had to rely on getting youngsters in on free transfers. Our financial problems also meant that we couldn't really offer some players the wages that they were demanding either. The media tipped us for mid-table in 7th place while the board were generous and only tasked me with avoiding relegation.

The season began with a 1-0 home defeat to Brummundal but we recovered to go on an 8 game unbeaten run. It saw us up into 2nd place, just 2 points behind (then) leaders Strindheim. However, what followed next was a nightmare. We lost our next 5 games and drew the one after to drop all the way down to 10th. It was especially gutting as we were often the better team and if anything, we should have picked up around 12 points from those 6 games. As it was though, we only picked up one point and our promotion hopes completely disappeared. We won our next 2 games - against NTNUI and Hødd 2 but then lost by a single goal in our next two games.

A good end of season run saw us win 5 and draw one of our next 6 games and entering the final day, we still had a chance to snatch 5th from Kongsvinger. However, our game against runaway winners Førde was postponed twice and by the time we actually played it, we knew we would have to settle for 6th. We lost that 1-0 despite having 6 shots on target to 1. Sums up our season. We made no progress in the cup as we got drawn at home to Rosenborg and managed to keep it down to a 4-1 defeat. Førde finished with 60 from 26, 12 points clear of Strindheim and Elverum. 2nd to 6th was separated by 7 points.

A possible job opportunity at DPMM in Singapore then opened up so I applied for it and they paid around ‎£21k in compensation to take me to Brunei.

CLUB CAREER:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season   |  Team            | League                  |  Country    |   League Position    |         Notes                                 |
|   2015   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |

My 10/10 leagues is technically not correct as I still require Spain . I have 6 comps remaining - Spain, UCL , CAFCL and 3 national based cups so 27 is correct number

OK! Sorry I was a bit too fast there, just added the numbers :p hehe . Remember it from my old save, though for me it was to have unique nations domestic cup wins.

It's been debated on here about which route is the best to take.

There's been cases for starting in Europe and enhancing reputations early which will help with decent jobs further down the line......

....or starting in Asia / S. Africa and, well, pretty much the same really!!

I started in N. Ireland and won the league and a cup within 3 seasons, but personally I think it doesn't matter where people start as it still takes a few seasons to get your reputation high enough to pick and choose jobs.

Personally, I've always tried to take jobs in top divisions, with clubs I know I can challenge for things - but people like Pug and Kaiser have taken jobs at "lower" clubs and built them up into winning teams.

I don't think there is a "right" or "wrong" way of doing this challenge.........and thats what makes it so great!!

Good luck with your new start

Thanks 3L1G. I agree with you - the fact that there are many different ways of doing this challenge is one of the factors that stood out most to me. Coincidentally, I also have started in Northern Ireland with Linfield after they sacked their manager. Currently 5th in the table so hoping to spend the rest of this season putting together a tactic and deciding which positions need strengthening the most to hopefully challenge for the league next season.

I agree the most optimal way to start would be a big league in Europe, but I took the classic Pentagon approach (Asia or South Africa start) because that's the most fun for me. I have a better feeling of building myself up as a manager when I go from South Korean 2nd division to managing Brazil. :)

I've quite enjoyed managing in far flung places at the beginning. I started in Northern Ireland, and then headed to China. I feel like I'm building up to managing in one of the top 5 leagues, and success elsewhere will qualify me, at least in my mind, for one of those jobs. I'll feel like I've really earned it. That said, I love the idea of taking a club up through the leagues as well. There really is no wrong way to start this challenge.

On a side note - I hate international management. Forget what I said in my last update about optimism, its just really hard. I properly respect those of you who have had international success!

Valencia CF 2051

A new chairman , a new era the Nuevo Mestalla . With Real Madrid well below their usual brilliance , 100 points they got last season on way to winning La Liga it was left to Valencia and Barcelona to fight it out . Two Barcelona players did indeed collect winners medals though they shall not return to the Nou Camp. Cano (DMC) and Palacios (AMRC) who both spent the second half of the season on loan at the Nuevo Mestalla will have their deals pushed through before the new season for a combined total of £13m. There was to be no Double as well it was Real Madrid who i have yet to beat as manager at Valencia were in the final. Madrid prevailed 4-3 in a Gung Ho Proper Cup final with chances galore.

In the Champions League , Valencia were drawn with old clubs Tottenham and FCP with Panathinakos making up the group . Victories over FCP and Panathinakos saw Los Ches through to meet Beskitas who were beaten comfortably.

Dortmund awaited in the Quarter Finals and they took the lead in germany with a 2-1 victory. Despite overturning and leading 4-3 on aggregate in the second half a defensive lapse allowed BVB to score and prevail on away goals

Everyone is locked down on long term deals and the best coaching staff in the country, a prodimant young spanish side , I will be staying here for the forseeable in quest for the Champions League

Season Review

2050    Valencia            Spain          2nd
2051    Valencia            Spain          1st      La Liga Winners

Challenge Progress

Club

10/10 top domestic leagues - Austria , Portugal , Brazil , England , USA , Italy , Germany , France , China , Ukraine , Spain

International - COMPLETE

I didn't mean to suggest that starting in a lower division - big nation was the way to start. I'm just searching for the holy grail of ways to do this challenge (quickly). Actually, for a long time everybody started the same way (mostly in S Africa). It was TheEarl who disrupted the whole challenge by doing it a different way.

It was only recently that i realised that this is the challenge with the most pages, and (possibly unlike last year's thread) not padded out with 'filler' and discussions about what the rules for the challenge should actually be.

It's hard to believe. Don't forget, it took 4 months for the first thread to even reach a second page. It's nice that this was a challenge built by the community because we had to figure out the rules and how to do the challenge. That's not a problem if you're doing the dafuge-type challenges where you take over a team and keep getting promoted.

Apologies if my saying this sounds a bit navel-gazing.

The leaderboard is getting so crowded now, and it won't be long until we have our first FM16 Ultimate Manager, although I don't know who it will be, and the final lap can be the hardest.

The Asian Cup with Iran is going to be a huge tournament for pug.

I didn't mean to suggest that starting in a lower division - big nation was the way to start. I'm just searching for the holy grail of ways to do this challenge (quickly). Actually, for a long time everybody started the same way (mostly in S Africa). It was TheEarl who disrupted the whole challenge by doing it a different way.

It was only recently that i realised that this is the challenge with the most pages, and (possibly unlike last year's thread) not padded out with 'filler' and discussions about what the rules for the challenge should actually be.

It's hard to believe. Don't forget, it took 4 months for the first thread to even reach a second page. It's nice that this was a challenge built by the community because we had to figure out the rules and how to do the challenge. That's not a problem if you're doing the dafuge-type challenges where you take over a team and keep getting promoted.

The leaderboard is getting so crowded now, and it won't be long until we have our first FM16 Ultimate Manager, although I don't know who it will be, and the final lap can be the hardest.

I must admit that I noticed the other day that this thread has more pages than any other and bearing in mind how established some of the other challenges are (Dafuge, Gundo etc) I think it's quite an achievement.

As I said in a previous post, I recently read through both threads of this challenge (not literally every word - that would've taken forever!!) and as you state, Vike, it took ages for the original thread to gain any sort of momentum.

The thing that strikes me is that there are very few people who start this challenge and then stop, it seems there becomes a real hardcore of posters who, like me, become addicted to the challenge, no matter how good we are at it!!

It's the diversity of this challenge that I like - on others you become tied into one club, or one country etc., which is fine, but with this challenge, managing in different countries etc. really appeals.

I only ever used to really try the Dafuge challenge, or I'd manage a club that I liked in real life on a different save. Yet here, I've found myself clambering for a job in countries such as Ukraine, Sweden, South Korea, South Africa, the USA and now Mexico - countries I would never have dreamed of managing in before.

And, as we all know, this challenge can be incredibly frustrating, but very rewarding at the same time.

When I attempt the challenge again in FM17, I'll probably try a different way than I have done this time - I like the appeal of starting in a low division and building a team, gaining promotion before being "headhunted" by a bigger club!!

But, as stated, here we all are, the thread is 13 pages strong, it has a real good "community" feel........and long may it continue!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikeologist View Post

I must admit that I noticed the other day that this thread has more pages than any other and bearing in mind how established some of the other challenges are (Dafuge, Gundo etc) I think it's quite an achievement.

As I said in a previous post, I recently read through both threads of this challenge (not literally every word - that would've taken forever!!) and as you state, Vike, it took ages for the original thread to gain any sort of momentum.

The thing that strikes me is that there are very few people who start this challenge and then stop, it seems there becomes a real hardcore of posters who, like me, become addicted to the challenge, no matter how good we are at it!!

It's the diversity of this challenge that I like - on others you become tied into one club, or one country etc., which is fine, but with this challenge, managing in different countries etc. really appeals.

I only ever used to really try the Dafuge challenge, or I'd manage a club that I liked in real life on a different save. Yet here, I've found myself clambering for a job in countries such as Ukraine, Sweden, South Korea, South Africa, the USA and now Mexico - countries I would never have dreamed of managing in before.

And, as we all know, this challenge can be incredibly frustrating, but very rewarding at the same time.

When I attempt the challenge again in FM17, I'll probably try a different way than I have done this time - I like the appeal of starting in a low division and building a team, gaining promotion before being "headhunted" by a bigger club!!

But, as stated, here we all are, the thread is 13 pages strong, it has a real good "community" feel........and long may it continue!!

First of all, I love this thread(s). It was heavens luck for me to find them when I did. I started playing Championship Manager/Football Manager as a young kid way back with the first version without real player names, 20 teams in all divisions and only english leagues. I have had virtually every version published since then, but around FM08-FM13 I lost interest (and did other things in life than just playing :p hehe). But in FM14 I started to get some interest again, and then especially with FM15. I had played a long journeyman save that really made feel the love for the game again. And then I stumbled on these threads. I had in my journeyman save completed a bit more than half the quest before I read the thread, but I had given my self a coaching badge that was not allowed for this challenge. But with my recent success in mind I set my self the goal to complete this challenge. That sparked me to get involved in this forum again, something I didn't do for many years prior.

I have to admit, the first time I joined this challenged, I aimed to be the best/first/fastest finisher of the challenge. But underway I learned and experienced what this challenge is all about.

Go with the flow! play it your way, just the way you like. Start wherever you like, play slow/fast just the way you feel. I have had just as much fun with Suwon in South Korea, as with Bristol Rovers in Conference or Real Madrid. There is just endless possibilities of where to go at what time.

As for hints/tips/suggestions to start up this challenge, I can say the following:

If you aim to finish the fastest, there is probably a gem to start in english lower leagues. By now with the 16.3.0 version you would most likely get a League Two side. But with a promotion or two, you could most likely get a really good team after this (maybe not a title contender but a top flight team), from there you can enhance your reputation a lot. To finish the fastest you could obviously start with a team in lower division of the other big leagues as well. And I guess others have done this succesfully with french teams. But german teams I don't think you can get as a new manager, and Italian/Spanish teams seems difficult as well. (But I would love to see someone try.) Some have gathered quick reputation with starting teams from Africa/Asia also, but I think in general it will take a few more seasons. The same goes for lower reputation nations in Europe. However it can be equally fun or challenging starting just anywhere you like.

I had one try to start in Wales. I feel sad I didn't continue with it, but learning from it later you should not move clubs before you can garner some reputation or if you are prepared to take over a similar club as your starting club. As an example I would use my first 2 tries. One with Carmarthen in Wales and one with Bristol Rovers in England. If I had been unsuccessful with Rovers and quit them before I got any reputation I could still probably got a job with Carmarthen or other team of similar/lower reputation than Bristol Rovers. But when I started with Carmarthen and failed to gain reputation with them I could never get a job with a team like Bristol Rovers, as I would most likely find a club with same/lower reputation than Carmarthen.

Outside this challenge I have started journeyman savegames in Iceland for example and after winning their league I could get a job in Israel, before moving to Championship League in England. There are just so many ways to play that makes this challenge so fun and unique.

I don't want to be too harsh on LetsGetReadyTo after all he made a brilliant challenge, just sad he is not active in this thread after making it. Not sure if he is aware of what an amazing challenge he made. Truly the best challenge around, at least if you want to do a journeyman challenge. When that is said, if there is one thing I would see added to this/another challenge it would be multiple ways to finish. In the end it seems that "all of us" needs that final International Challenge, final Champions League or a Cup title. And with the 5 required league nations it makes a bit too many follow the same path for a while. Having a challenge with multiple ways to finish would make it even more diverse, but at the moment I can't point out exactly how that could be made with still keeping the same feeling as for this challenge.

If anyone have suggestions or comment, feel free to post here or send me a PM, but for now this challenge rocks!!! Good luck to all and most off all ENJOY!!!

Jezzar's Ultimate Football Manager Adventure Starts!

2015/2016

Manager Profile

111px-GuizhouZhicheng.png

Guizhou Zhicheng - Chinese National First Division

Very excited to get this started! Spent about 2 months unemployed until finally getting employed by Guizhou Zhicheng of Chinese 1st Division. 24 weeks into the season, Guizhou is currently 15th (of 16) in the league, 2 points away from safety. Fortunately the squad seems to be not too devastated about their horrible form, so hopefully with some sweet counter-attacking tactic, we'll right this ship right up! If we can get a few good drawns and maybe even a couple wins out of our remaining 6 games, we'll be in great shape to stay up.

For some weird reason, our top scorer is our DM, and our strikers just seem to be off. Thinking of a few different set piece tactics to get them some easy goals.

Will post an update as soon as I'm done with the season.

[b]CLUB CAREER

Season     Club             Pos   DC1   DC2    Cont    Notes & Achievements[/b]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Guizhou Zhicheng  N/A   N/A    N/A    N/A    Took over in 15th with 6 games remaining.

[b]INTERNATIONAL CAREER

Year   Nation        NL     WC     Cont.  Conf.  Notes & Achievements[/b]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Progress

Club
0/10 top domestic leagues 
0/10 domestic cups 
0/5  club continental championships
0/1  club world championship

International
0/5  continental tournaments 
0/2  world tournaments

DPMM.png

DPMM Brunei

Great Eastern Yeo's S-League

The job opportunity came after Steve Kean was fired for finishing 2nd in the table on goal difference. They lost 1 and then drew their last four games to hand the title to Tampines, so naturally, I thought that this was a chance to get a league and possibly a cup title as well. Turns out I was well off the mark. Over 20 players had left after their contracts expired leaving only 5 senior players at the club. I set about trying to build up a team but soon found out that even Singaporean players were considered foreign at the club, meaning I had to pick up all sorts of rubbish Bruneian players.

Even the foreign players we got turned out to be trash and by the time the next season came around, I was convinced that I wouldn't meet the board's expectations of winning the league. Nevertheless, aside from two games where we got outplayed, we were still able to hold our own but then lost two close matches in a row, dropping us to 7th (8th?) out of 10. The board called me for a meeting and I was only too happy to offer my resignation. They gladly accepted and replied with "We are happy to get rid of you and hope we never meet again in the future".

Well, same to you. :mad:

CLUB CAREER:
| Season   |  Team            | League                  |  Country    |   League Position    |         Notes                                 |
|   2015   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         10th         |  Somehow survived                             |
|   2016   |  Florø SK        | 2. divisjon avdeling 4  |   Norway    |         6th          |  Finished mid-table                           |
|   2017   |  DPMM Brunei     |        S-League         |  Singapore  |         N/A          |   Resigned after 9 games                      |