Comfortable 2-0 win - "Well done lads that was a good win"

Against whom? Talks have always been contextual. This could have been you managing Chelski and beating Luton Town at Stamford Bridge after extra time with two late goals avoiding the agony of penalties. Since you're talking a comfortable win it still might have been a 2-0 win against a side against which better could be realistically expected, say a 2-0 home win against Burnley, that's barely meeting expectations given the gulf in quality and the home advantage. How would you react to that as a Chelsea player if you were specifically praised then? Could be bugged, but without any context this loses all its meaning.

Why is a 2-0 home win a good win when you're top of the league? Depending on how the game went, it is easy to see why that may not be the right team talk to use.

Of course, the fact that you are top of the Premier with AFC Telford may indicate bigger problems.

It is 2035 to be fair, and it was tougher on FM 15 to achieve dominance than it has been in previous years with Telford, although I get your point.

We had nearly 60% possession in the game, and they had just 2 shots on target. I'd say that is pretty comfortable

Perhaps there was a clicking problem. Im not suggesting that you clicked wrongly, but I remember that happen to me once. I clicked correctly, and confused with the response of my player. Then I continued the game, check again on the Team Talked response, and it showed I said something harsh. Can you please check again what happened?

Tactics-Analysis-Last Match-Pep Talk Feedback

Perhaps there was a clicking problem. Im not suggesting that you clicked wrongly, but I remember that happen to me once. I clicked correctly, and confused with the response of my player. Then I continued the game, check again on the Team Talked response, and it showed I said something harsh. Can you please check again what happened?

I've played a couple since then, but I 100% clicked on good win, and I remember about 4 of the players "nodding their heads in agreement", which was another reason why I thought it was strange that they all kicked off at me after the game

Borobadger

Interested to hear why the game is tougher to achieve dominance this year? This sounds like a good thing but would be good to hear some of the reasons why this is the case. AI squad building? Harder to attract players etc.

Against whom? Talks have always been contextual. This could have been you managing Chelski and beating Luton Town at Stamford Bridge after extra time with two late goals avoiding the agony of penalties. Since you're talking a comfortable win it still might have been a 2-0 win against a side against which better could be realistically expected, say a 2-0 home win against Burnley, that's barely meeting expectations given the gulf in quality and the home advantage. How would you react to that as a Chelsea player if you were specifically praised then? Could be bugged, but without any context this loses all its meaning.
Why is a 2-0 home win a good win when you're top of the league? Depending on how the game went, it is easy to see why that may not be the right team talk to use.

Of course, the fact that you are top of the Premier with AFC Telford may indicate bigger problems.

Why do you have that need to defend the game? The team talks are often confusing, not to say bugged. Even if a manager gives the wrong team talk, in this situation nobody should raise concerns, the most they should do is to have a negative reaction right there on the post match team talk screen.

Negative reaction should occur if you get angry/aggressive after a 2-0 win, and possibly if you ask why the team can't play like that all the time, whilst being in a 6-game winning streak. I can't see a third scenario that should cause an overreaction from the opening post.

Why do you have that need to defend the game?

They aren't defending the game, they are stating a fact.

Team talks are contextual depending on the result, performance, opposition & prior team talks/media comments. A player's personality also modifies their reaction to a team talk.

If you are confused by them or think they are random its an indication that you yourself don't understand them in which case you would benefit from trying to learn & understand more about this area of the game.

Borobadger

Interested to hear why the game is tougher to achieve dominance this year? This sounds like a good thing but would be good to hear some of the reasons why this is the case. AI squad building? Harder to attract players etc.

Our biggest constraint was definitely finances. Getting to the Premier League was relatively easy, but getting out of mid table mediocrity was tough because good regens seem to cost staggering amounts of money, and it just took a bit of slow growth and building up to eventually take on the top 4

I'm glad they've made it tougher to do this, I know we have pyramid systems in the league but it was always sheer nonsense that little conference teams could ever get to the very top and even dominate in Europe. Anything below league 1 would almost never be able to do this, yes bringing in big money owners is how you do it but in reality this seldom happens.

I also had this problem when playing as Man City but after I Hired a sports psychologist, some guy from Brighton, everything was fine and the players had no more problems. Maybe you should try some team bonding exercises, have you tried taking them Go-Karting or to the Horse Racing? It worked for me in an earlier save with AFC Wimbledon when after a game with Wycombe my captain punched another of my players, he'd been sleeping with his wife I think, and I took them for a day out at the Cheltenham Festival to bond and give them time to sort things out in their own way.

Team talks are contextual depending on the result, performance, opposition & prior team talks/media comments. A player's personality also modifies their reaction to a team talk.

If you are confused by them or think they are random its an indication that you yourself don't understand them in which case you would benefit from trying to learn & understand more about this area of the game.

Team talks are contextual true but in no way is 'why is a 2-0 win good when you're top of the league' at all 'factual' or in any sense correct.

If you win 2-0 with 60% possession and domination a 'well done' is exactly what you want to say in 90% of situations. Players should not be kicking off at that.

If you win 2-0 with 60% possession and domination a 'well done' is exactly what you want to say in 90% of situations. Players should not be kicking off at that.

No it isn't.

If the pre-match team talk and relevant media comments are expect a win with you strong favourites then it isn't "Well done" at all. Its you've done what was expected which is a totally different team talk. If you also have highly professional or determined players it will also seem to them that you are giving congrats when they aren't deserved hence some players not being happy in the OP.

No it isn't.

If the pre-match team talk and relevant media comments are expect a win with you strong favourites then it isn't "Well done" at all. Its you've done what was expected which is a totally different team talk. If you also have highly professional or determined players it will also seem to them that you are giving congrats when they aren't deserved hence some players not being happy in the OP.

Agree to disagree then. If my boys win 2-0 with 60% possession I'm saying well done, as will Sir Alex Ferguson, cheers.

Are there any posts that we can look at so that we might learn? Do you yourself have any advice on how we might better manage team talks? I could certainly use some help in this area and look forward to receiving any advice you might offer.

Are there any posts that we can look at so that we might learn? Do you yourself have any advice on how we might better manage team talks? I could certainly use some help in this area and look forward to receiving any advice you might offer.

There was a user Wolfsgang? that did a team talk guide several versions ago although much of it probably isn't as relevant now. A key point of it though was you need to be more demanding and harsh on the players to get the best out of them (Especially if you have a lot of positive personalities traits in your squad).

Although I can't see anything in the sticky threads in the tactics forum I'm sure there have been some discussion threads relating to team talks over the last year.

Ultimately though one of the best ways is simply to get an AM with high man management & motivating attributes and take note of his advice in game. I don't always agree with my AMs but they do give you a starting point when considering your team talks. Aside from them I simply manage the players the same way I manage my staff IRL which is congratulate them when they do well, give them a kick up the butt when they need it and keep them focused when I feel they are starting to drift.

EDIT

The first part though is getting to know your squad, which players react well to being put under pressure?, which crumble and need more encouragement? You should aim to know how each of your players will react to a given team talk before you give it.

No it isn't.

In the context of the current EPL. chelsea winning 2-0 at home to Liverpool, whilst dominating the game would deserve a "well done?"

The situation the OP reports is nonsense and shouldn't happen.

In the context of the current EPL. chelsea winning 2-0 at home to Liverpool, whilst dominating the game would deserve a "well done?"

The situation the OP reports is nonsense and shouldn't happen.

I agree. If the game wants to provide a negative response, a more realistic alternative would be to have a complacent squad at the start of the next match. If playing a decent or good game is met with very good or higher praise then maybe they will start to slack off thinking that they have a lenient manager.

There was a user Wolfsgang? that did a team talk guide several versions ago although much of it probably isn't as relevant now. A key point of it though was you need to be more demanding and harsh on the players to get the best out of them (Especially if you have a lot of positive personalities traits in your squad).

Although I can't see anything in the sticky threads in the tactics forum I'm sure there have been some discussion threads relating to team talks over the last year.

Interesting; someone put together a spreadsheet for team talks based on that user's posts. Its 5 years old tho. I'm just going do what the AM says.

Archived