dafuge's FM15 challenge

Well I've been reloading all night & haven't got anywhere near any of the 3 I want. Not sure whether to have another go at it tomorrow or just go for Dulwich or Hendon.

Maybe somebody has a save that they can upload for you to use with the team you want? A game saved at the point the team is promoted so you can just dive straight in with them. I saw it on the old dafuge Challenge threads and it seemed quite popular.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe somebody has a save that they can upload for you to use with the team you want? A game saved at the point the team is promoted so you can just dive straight in with them. I saw it on the old dafuge Challenge threads and it seemed quite popular.

Well I did ask a few posts up. But if anyone has either Wingate & Finchley, Enfield Town or Met Police then please let me know!

If anyone please gets Enfield Town or Biggleswade Town can you please send me a DM.

I would love to try this challenge with one of those 2 teams.

Thanks,

G

I tried for hours last night mate. No joy from dozens of reloads. I may go through some more tonight though. I'll be sure to let you know.

Hi All,

This is my first time trying this challenge and I am planning on starting tonight.

Just like previous years, the players for the newly playable clubs need to be added which can be done using a custom database.

Dafuge says in his original post that you will need to download a custom database? Where can I get my hands on this? Also, if I use a save from the kind poster who added save files on the first page can I jump straight in and start a save from there without having to download the custom database?

Sorry if it is a stupid question.. never done this challenge before.

G

Hi All,

This is my first time trying this challenge and I am planning on starting tonight.

Dafuge says in his original post that you will need to download a custom database? Where can I get my hands on this? Also, if I use a save from the kind poster who added save files on the first page can I jump straight in and start a save from there without having to download the custom database?

G

You will have to edit the database, so it becomes custom. You can go to edit and then choose to load all players from the appropriate divisions.

Hi All,

G

Not a stupid question. No download needed. What dafuge means is when you set up a game and are asked to select a database size; you have the options 'small/medium/large/CUSTOM' choose CUSTOM and select what you want (in line with the rules)

If you download a saved game the db will already be set up. :thup:

FC United – Conference North 2016/17 – Season 2

So after a solid debut season the boards expectations were of course to win the Title this season, the bookies made us joint favourites with Lincoln with the Media also predicting a first place finish.

Transfers - Not quite as busy this season as I snapped up Wingers Adams and Winks after succesful loans last season, and midfielders Jones and Soares arrived to add some squad depth, after that it was just keeping an eye out for any quality players who came along to improve the side. Saleswise I let various squad players leave with Stockport wierdly picking up two players who weren't good for me so not sure what they wanted with them, whilst Conference side Telford also took two of my squad players.

FA Cup - We had an easier route to the First Round this time, beating non-league Mildenhall before thrashing fellow North side Leamington thanks to two own goals from their keeper, we then followed that up with a solid win against Conference side FC Halifax before crashing out to a League One Preston who had David Nugent leading the line :(

FA Trophy - Proved to be an annoying competition, we dispatched Workington in the Qualifer before struggling against Farsley as we had to come from behind twice but still couldn't beat them even in extra-time (the youtube video in my previous post is from this game) meaning we'd face a replay and that was after the first game was posponed due to my pitch being underwater, though of course in the replay we went and put three past them in the first half, in the next round we faced Conference side Grimsby and managed to snatch victory in extra-time, this set up a tie against South side Boreham Wood who got a dodgy penalty to claim a replay which we then went and lost, which had an annoying knock on effect on my league games later in the season.

Conference North - We claimed the title thanks to having the best defence in the league, though our inability to score made the league a lot harder than it should have been. We started the season in excellent form winning seven of our first nine games including a record breaking 7-0 win over Guiseley, however Barrow also started the season in fine form and as we lost our next two we conceeded the lead to Barrow and would spend the next 10 games fighting with them but neither of us were able to make any headway and out of nowhere Stalybridge overtook us both and then promptly got themselves deducted 10 points for going bust :D this left us fighting it out with Barrow though we started to fall behind due to having games postponed for cup matches and due to our pitch being under water, we then somehow found ourselves on top of the league despite drawing three games in a row and losing to Guiseley, however scrapy wins over Hyde and Corby saw us open up a five point lead over Hereford and North Ferriby who'd both ovetaken a Barrow side who'd imploded, but defeats to Stalybridge and Alfreton saw us give up the top spot to Hereford which resulted in the board randomly threatening to fire me as we'd dropped down to fifth but purely due to everyone being packed together, thankfully wins in our next three games including a 3-1 win over Barrow put us one point behind Hereford who'd just beat Tamworth 5-4 with an injury time goal and that was after they'd been 4-0 down :(

We kept the pressure up with a 2-1 win at Altrincham thanks to a late own goal though the ref did his best to give them the points with a dodgy penalty and red card against us, this meant with three games to go we were just one point behind Hereford and only three ahead of Alfreton and North Ferrbiy who were waiting for us both to slip up and in the next game Hereford did slip as they suffered a shock home defeat to already relegated Solihull and we took full advantage beating my old club AFC Fylde 3-0 thanks misfiring Striker Pritchard-Ellis who came off the bench to score his first goal since January with my new signing Camps grabbing the other two as my first choice Strikers missed the game Walters was injured whilst Byrne had decided that training was optional despite putting in some shocking performances recently and was thus dropped.

We then claimed the title on Easter Monday with our record sixth win in a row and with a game to spare as another Pritchard-Ellis goal was enough to beat Bradford as Hereford blew a 2-0 lead and lost to a late North Ferriby goal. :cool:

In the Playoffs Alfreton knocked out Hereford before beating North Ferriby in the Final.

Stat Pack - We never lost a game after scoring first, with our most common results being 1-0 or 2-1 wins, followed by 3-1 wins or 1-1 draws.

Squad and Overview

Norwegian Keeper Erik Johansen had another solid season in goal.

At Full-Back Donald Love was in excellent form on the right even chipping in with a couple of goals, whilst down the Left Louis Rowley was also in good form.

At Centre-Back George Proctor returned on loan again and had a fantastic season, partnering him was new signing Irishman Charles Dunne was snapped up after being released by Blackpool and according to my staff is a League Two level player, though this reduced Luke Waterfall to a squad position who did well despite not being rated by my staff, whilst my youth player Brad Dames also did ok when called upon.

On the Right Wing was Harry Winks who'd impressed on loan last season so I snapped up the former Spurs Trainee when Kidderminster released him fighting with him was Bermudan Reggie Lambe who just never really got going. On the Left Wing was Liam Adams who also joined after a succesfull loan last season after Forest released him and he had a solid season, though helped in part by being my penalty taker. Providing cover was Crewe Loanee Charlie Kirk who covered both sides and had a solid season.

In the Centre of Midfield I went through several players as I tried to find a working partnership first up was new signing Tom Soares however he didn't really perform consistently and with him unhappy he'll be joining Wimbledon next season, next up was Stoke Loanee Oliver Roberts who did well when called up but wasn't really good enough to be a starter, thankfully I brought in two quality players later in the season first to arrive was Welshman Chris Dawson who'd been released by Leeds and after a slow start as he got his fitness back up ended the season in fine form in the Deep Lying Playmaker role, and partnering him in the end was highly rated Norwegian Sondre Tronstad who'd been released by Premier League chasing Huddersfield and who my staff reckon is already a Leading League Two quality player, and again he had a bit of a slow start as he needed to regain match fitness but ended the season in fine form partnering Dawson in the middle as my Advanced Playmaker, providing cover was Adam Walker who again did well but isn't rated by my staff.

Upfront my Strikers again proved to be a problem, I snatched up Irishman Sam Byrne who'd been released by Everton (after being released by Man Utd) and despite my staff raving about him he proved to be a poor choice, he started well grabbing five goals from his first six appearances and four of them were from the bench however he never pushed on and only managed another five from his 20 other appearances, and then what did he do whilst on a goal drought and the team struggling to reclaim top spot he skipped training not once but three times and then had the cheek to complain about being fined for missing training the second and third times :mad: His partner Lewis Walters also had a shocking season as in the second half of the season he just gave up and despite playing twice as many games this season he only managed to score the same as last season :(

This left me relying upon Spanaird Guillermo Torres Garcia who spent the whole season unhappy that a Spanish team scouted him but never bid, however he got on with it and despite not really being good enough at least put some effort in unlike the other two, whilst Callum Pritchard-Ellis stepped up at the end of the season with some important goals to nearly make up for his awful appearances earlier in the season.

The Final option upfront was NIrishman Callum Camps who'd been released by Rochdale and was signed in March as he was a cheap useful option my scouts found and he repaid my faith with four goals in just five appearances.

Fans Player - Love claims it from Proctor by a whisper, quite worrying that the third placed player was my Keeper.

Best XI - I'd agree with that.

Overall XI - Kirk somehow beats out Adams, despite Kirk only making the bench for this season?

Finances - We again make a tidy profit this season, though the board this time refused to improve our facilities or even allow me some extra staff, though they did increase our youth category to a level four, which I seem to remember took years to reach on FM14?

Elections - This is new, seems FC United now get elections rather than board takeovers, though this had to be the most boring election in history all the candidates said the same thing - they wouldn't be making any changes to the club, though Walsh lied as he promptly cancelled our pointless friendly link with Wimbledon, and it also looks like it will be another version without a parent team as despite sending him looking several times the board have so far failed to find one.

Manager - My attributes continue to slowly climb, though I still cannot seem to get a coaching badge, anyone else having this problem? (it seems to be a bug rather than me being rubbish, as I can ask again straight away and despite it saying my coaching ability will be reduced I still coach at one star), on the plus side I reached 100 games with the last game of the season and I was also offered my first interview at the mighty Altrincham.

Goals for next season

- Find a quality Striker who can actually score goals throughout the season rather than just in their first few games, some extra quality on the wings would be nice aswell.

- Position wise I was going to say secure our position however it appears the board have gone crazy and are expecting us to challenge for the Conference title aswell!!!

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

(points / position)

Single Game: 441,534 (58,241)

Single Season: 427,741 (52,128)

Single Season in England: 427,741 (26,143)

Single Season Conference North: 427,741 (83 :cool:) - Just a couple more points than the ~13,000 from last season :D

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16/17[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]1st[/TD]

[TD]Winners - Promoted!!![/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]427,741 / 441,534[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

For getting the coaches badges, try remove yourself from main and u18 training schedules, wait a day or 2, then talk to board.

It depends on the board, mine offered the excuse they need me on the training ground even though i have removed myself from training a week ago. Later it was lack of money even though they paid for all of my staff!

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 25/26

Premier Division

Final Position 12th

The League.

This season was very long to play (mostly due to release of Farcry :D) Being promoted and hoping for a hefty transfer and wage budget for the first season up, I was utterly disappointed, as the board set inital budget under 100k and wage budget just over 200. It was a matter of micro managing the sell clauses and monthly installments from previous season and use those to increase wage budget as well as sign on fee to the very few players I was able to sign. Finishing in 12th place with basically the same core players from L1/CH I find a huge accomplishment. We also had a new chairman take control of the club and making it a PLC, I was yet again hoping for a transfer budget. But alas, that would not happen. The loans were restructured and a slightly increased wage budget was set, that was it. Thankfully, board kept our foreign commercial feeder on.

The games themselves played out pretty decent. We didn't have any huge losses, in fact, most of our games we had most possession and most attempt shot. Unfortunately, having alot of shot on goal, isn't the same as hitting within the frame. Still feeling comfortable with the tactics used, but our team is in dire need of better players. Come end of season, we finally got the funds to buy new players and almost triple wage budget. Also had new improvements made to all areas. There shall be some shopping before the new season starts!

The Cups.

We moved a little past last seasons embarrassing first round exit in the Capital One Cup and made it to the 4th round, where we lost to Fulham. In the FA we had a few fairly easy teams, until loosing to CH Hull in the 6th round. Hull did really great and besides advancing in the FA on our expense, they also went to the final in the Capital One, where they lost to Man Utd. Speaking of Man Utd, they were amazing this season. They won the domestic triple and set a record in the league, with 97 points and a goalscore difference of 66.

The Players.

Starting from our goalie. Under the circumstances, he did well but will be replaced soon. The defense is solid on the fullbacks, but need better DC's. Ricardo Budzilek is the only one worth mentioning of the first 5 places. The midfield is strong and our 2 key players there Gough and Romo played well, am also happy that I have to solid subs to choose from. On the inside forwards Egal was brilliant. Rob Hall despite his age had a good season on expense of 2 long injuries from Derek Kelly, who played sub par this season. On the frontline with our 3 attackers, only Renato Babo is worth mentioning. He however, is amazing!

For the new season, a team haulover on most positions is needed, if we are going to challenge for a spot playing euro footie.

From my personal ego in the challenge, we signed 2 brilliant staffs. Our new Assman and Head of Youth. :D

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None
21/22	L2	1st	None	None	5th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Semi F	None	Promoted!
22/23	L1	3rd	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	Qtr F	None	None
23/24	L1	2nd	None	None	3rd Rnd	Final	1st Rnd	None	Promoted, Capital One Runner Up
24/25	CH	4th	None	None	6th Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None	Promoted via playoffs
25/26	PRM	12th	None	None	6th Rnd	4th Rnd	None	None	None

Blyth Spartans AFC

Season 2016/2017

GRvsvcS.png

Competitions:

League: (1) (2)

We started the season in sparkling form and maintained first place for the majority of the first half of the season. Coming into the hustle and bustle of the Christmas period we had settled comfortably into the playoff positions. Unfortunately after some indifferent performances through January we had a horror run home which saw us lose five out of our last eight games. After promising so much we delivered very little and fell rapidly down a heavily congested table to finish in respectable 10th position.

F.A. Cup

Beaten first up 3-1 by Bishop Stortford in the Second Qualifying round. Meh.

F.A. Trophy

Got past the might of Salford 3-0, before falling to Stockport 2-0 in the First round. Not bothered.

Transfers

Young English RM Kieran Graham was a good signing whilst it was disappointing to see experienced ST Matthew Blinkhorn and pacy DL Alex Nicholson depart due to contractual issues (namely they wouldn't sign one).

Squad

Still lacking a bit, or a lot, in quality. I'm looking to bolster the defence with a couple of signings. We are especially weak on the left at LB and LM/AML so I'll be looking to improve there as a priority.

Finances

Still as exciting as ever. No developments with the facilities and there won't be until we start to progress up the pyramid or at the very least improve our reputation.

Key Performers:

Dan Maguire: App: 45 Goals: 19 Avg: 6.94

Pacy 24 y-o ST Dan Maguire had another good season. He is still by far the best player at the club. Definitely someone we can build a team around.

Neal Hooks: App: 41 Goals: 7 Avg: 7.03

Our club captain and longest serving player had another good season. He was in stunning form up until Christmas but a dip in form coincided with the team's struggles in the second half of the season.

Jordan Blinco: App: 43 Assists: 17 Avg: 6.88

20 y-o winger Jordan Blinco had a solid season playing out on the left wing leading the team in assists with 17 and MotM awards with 5.

Keiran Weledji: App: 44 Avg: 6.98

21 y-o centre-back Keiran Weledji was yet again a key performer in defence. Needs more quality around him though as we are lacking in other areas.

Kieran Graham App: 41 Goals: 11 Assists: 10 Avg: 6.94

19 y-o winger Kieran Graham had a good first season with the team hopefully he can kick on next season.

Marc Sayer App: 37 Goals: 13 Avg: 6.96

An honourable mention goes to 17 y-o pacy ST Marc Sayer who has been impressive since making the step up from the youth team last season.

Next Season:

The season was probably a month too long for us this season and we faded badly. Hopefully with a couple of additions we can grab a playoff spot next season.

15-16	Van N	14th	None	None	4th Qual None	None	2nd Rnd	None
16-17   Van N   10th    None    None    2nd Qual None   None    1st Rnd None

Herefords New Year Update.

Well, we're entering 2016 in good mood. First in table, team is playing well, already been Manager of the month twice. My tactic is working well, but that is thanks to the fact i have really good players as for this level. Only concern is conceding goals. I had only 5 clean sheets so far (two in last two matches oddly). At least i dont spend money on those clean sheet bonuses :)

Tactic (well, i really have fast players)

Squad Stats

Table

Funny stuff:

Well, either bookies or a commentator are wrong

and it makes sense, those two last sentences in the question, don't they?

Oh, and i also have 2 questions:

1. How do my managerial skills improve? cause i imagine coaching badge is for coaching skills (before this i played half a season with top manager, so i didnt check it)

2. Where are "biographies"? You know, where i could read about the player, his history in something like short story.

Oh, and i also have 2 questions:

1. How do my managerial skills improve? cause i imagine coaching badge is for coaching skills (before this i played half a season with top manager, so i didnt check it)

2. Where are "biographies"? You know, where i could read about the player, his history in something like short story.

Both coaching and mental will improve with time especially at the end of the season. Badges i assume will just improve coaching, i don't know since i don't have any.

Bio is under history and achievements

Marine AFC

Season Summary 17/18

Vanarama North

Final Position 4th - promoted through play-off SF

A good season overall. Was leading by 5 points by the end of january, but then a horrible, horrible run of 9 games with 3 draws/6 defeats killed any hopes of direct promotion.

Thankfully we had better luck in the play-offs this season. A dramatic two-legged semifinal vs Southport ended with a 4-3 win after a 88th minute winner from Daniel Reynolds. The final was a relative comfortable 2-0 win over AFC Fylde after two early goals.

KEY PLAYERS:

Michael Crank: 22 goals/45 matches and league topscorer. Sadly wont sign a new contract so I risk losing him for nothing in the summer :thdn:

Alex-Ray Harvey: My new captain this season and lead by example getting the best average rating (7.11)

Danny Andrew: Steady leftback who also contributed with 11 assists and chipped in 3 freekicks

I have no idea what to expect next season, but suspect it will be a struggle for survival. Going to turn on the charm to convince Crank to stay and hopefully getting promoted could open up better loan-possibilities.

One worrying thing is finances. lost another 100k this season despite spending just 3k a week on wages. Bank balance is -£236 000 at the moment

15/16	Van N	19th	None	None	2ndQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	5th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	3rd Rnd	Lost play-off semifinal
17/18	Van N	4th	None	None	4thQual	None	None	1st Rnd	Promoted through play-off

120px-StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

2016/17

Table | Transfers | Squad

Went into the season with a formation of 4-2-1-3 (2DM) in an attempt to be tighter, this did not work nor did playing 4-1-2-3DM. After 18 games the team were 2nd bottom with 3 wins and 4 draws after conceeding a lot and rarely looking like scoring. A change to 4-2-4 wide brought 8 straight wins to ensure the team pretty much avoided relegation. The team a winless run followed by a unbeaten run to finish.

Both cups were finished at the first hurdle 3-5 and 3-6 in the FA cup and and FA trophy respectively.

The lack of cup success and general poor form meant crowds were small (average 383) so that finances decreased from 130K down to 20K.

The defence were terrible, the cms played well but didn't provide a lot. The wingers chipped in with Waller-Lassen outstanding.

Up front Clark did very well when fit but the other strikers didn't really contribute enough.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        12th       2nd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None

Good going Dons!

I take it you're playing 4-5-1 with inside forwards in the AML/R spots then? Thats my long term plan, but just unable to find players with some skill AND pace at the moment

Cheers! I posted what tacs I use a page or 2 back, with screens!

Ye, have been using same 2 tacs - used the DM one pretty much all the time in conference, just to let in fewer goals, and hoping for counter attacks. and changed to 4-2-4 in L2. Starting now second season in PRM to let go of the counter strategies and let player play ball, as they are now "capable" of doing so.

Looking like I'll survive my first season in Corby despite the worst defense in the league. Currently in 17th, 10 points clear of relegation with 6 games to go. Quite excited about my youth intake though as I have 4 or 5 defenders who look capable of contributing and a good looking target man to potentially spearhead my attack going forward.

After 90 min. it was 0-0 in our 2nd leg at the semi play-offs, so extra times and perhaps penalty's wil decide who play the final. After 7 mins I Boreham Wood went 1-0 up, and I thought it as over. Changed tactics and went full on attack. A couple mins later 1-1 and 2 mins before the final whistle we scored the most important goal of the season 1-2.

We play the final against Havant & Waterlooville. They finished second in the regular competition. We are the underdogs.

GUTTED!!!

Game crashed after this game, and after 2 days of trying and looking I don't seem to find anything back. This evening a friend of me who kknows a lot more about computers then I do comes over. I hope he can find this save back, but I don't think he will.

When he doesn't find the save back, I'll start this challenge again.

Fingers crossed.

OK, friend arrived and after 3 minutes he found me lost save, and the best thing is that I didn't lost anything. I'm so poor at this computer things.

Ready to play my final game of the season. I hope to upset the odds and win promotion. Will do a full update this evening.

GUTTED!!!

Game crashed after this game, and after 2 days of trying and looking I don't seem to find anything back. This evening a friend of me who kknows a lot more about computers then I do comes over. I hope he can find this save back, but I don't think he will.

When he doesn't find the save back, I'll start this challenge again.

Fingers crossed.

I've just lost my game to a crash. Please 6 months of my first season last night and then had a crash dump. I usually autosave every week but had switched it off while holidaying and like an idiot forgot to switch it back on. Gutted, things had just picked up. I was in the relegation zone until Xmas but I my form had picked up and I was looking likely to finish just outside the playoffs.

I'm going to holiday 2 seasons and have another go with St Neots.

I've just lost my game to a crash. Please 6 months of my first season last night and then had a crash dump. I usually autosave every week but had switched it off while holidaying and like an idiot forgot to switch it back on. Gutted, things had just picked up. I was in the relegation zone until Xmas but I my form had picked up and I was looking likely to finish just outside the playoffs.

I'm going to holiday 2 seasons and have another go with St Neots.

I know the feeling Andrew Haines. No change of getting back the save?

Just played me final game. Will write a update as soon as possible.

I know the feeling Andrew Haines. No change of getting back the save?

Just played me final game. Will write a update as soon as possible.

Yeah, I saved in October but I'd almost finished the season. difficult to go back to that point especially in my first season. Definately will be using autosaves in future!!!!

Hendon - Vanarama Conference South - 2016/2017

Prediction: 22nd

Final position: 4th and promotion after play-offs- Past positions

Actually a very consistent season. I balanced the whole season between 4th and 8th place, but only sneaked in the play-offs after the second last game. Without any expectations I started the play-offs. First leg off the semi final I played at home against Boreham Wood. We went 0-2 down and could only draw 2-2 after getting 2 penalties. Knowing it would be very difficult in the seond leg, we went 3 days later to Boreham Wood. We were very lucky to come away with the win after extra times. 1-2 was the final score.

So, we were very lucky to sneak into the finals, and were huge underdogs. The final was an away game et Havant & Waterlooville.

After 52 minutes we went behind, and we were lucky at that moment because we didn't had a shot on goal at that moment. After 79 minutes, and with our first shot we levelled the game 1-1. 9 minutes later and a Havant & Waterlooville player got send of after his second yellow card. The game went into extra times, and w profited from the man more situation completely. We went 1-4 up, but lost a concentration a bit. They came back to 2-4, but our promotion was never in any danger.

For the first time ever Hendon are up to the Conference. Just unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!

Games 1

Games 2

FA Cup: the same as last year and knocked out in the first round

FA Trophy: Same as last year, exit at the first round. Didn't had any interest in this cup, but had a feeling that I could do more in this cup.

Transfers: Only 3 of these transfers were good enough to start.

Youth intake: 3 players tagged.

Andre Crichlow (YP2a): Allready played a couple games and scored.

Giannis Farmakis (YP2b)

Bismark Boateng (YP2c)

Goals last season:

Conceed less than 100 goals: SUCCES

Stay out of a relegation battle: SUCCES

Goals for next season:

Survive

At least get in the second round of a cup

Blyth Spartans - Season 2 (16/17)

A really up and down season. Started really well and was in the playoffs for a large chunk, but eventually finished 9th. Probably due to not being able to sign any decent experienced players but rather a load of 16 and 17 year olds. Unfortunately no-one seems to be interested in signing for Blyth Spartans. I sometimes can't even get the current best players to sign new contracts so it'll probably be the same again next season.

Competitions:

League - 9th

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - Third Qualifying Round

Key Performers:

- Mechack Kanda (CF)

- Tomas Jimenez (CF - loan)

- Joe Wheatley (CM - won't agree new contract)

- Lee Pugh (LB/LM)

- Connor Oliver (RB)

Best Prospects:

- Sam Holland

- Justin Mann

Shopping List:

- GK

- LB

- CB

- CB

- BWM x 2

- RM

- CF (poacher)

Other:

- I've given up trying to improve my corners conceded-scored ratio. (it's remained steady at 20-5 no matter what I do with pre-match training, set piece marking etc)

Target Next Season:

- Promotion.

- Concede less than 65 goals.

Marine 2015-16 (Season 1)

"When everyone is terrible, no one is"

League - 17th

FA Cup - 3rd Qu Rd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

A mixed bag for my first season 2 goalscorers with 19 and 26 respectively getting us out or jail on more than one occasion. We were in the relegation battle all season and few good results in quick succession after christmas pulled us away and gave me enough breathing space to only need 1 point from our last 3 games to guarantee safety. Naturlich, waited till the last game to pick up those points.

Moments of interest:

Scoring 3 own goals early on in a 6-1 thrashing. A player smashing a free kick into a team mate standing 6inches in front of the ball! An offside forward blocking a team mates shot in the 6 yard box. Opponents 'keeper getting sent off (not seen that in years) and still only managing a draw.

Key players

Lewis Codling - pacey and top scorer. His secret is he never looks any good

Danny Whitehall - not as many goals but actually looks useful

Wayne Brooksby - top assists and 10 goals from wide midfield.

Travis Johnson - On loan midfielder. Scored some crackers and generally looks capable of a higher standard of football.

Plans for next season

Concede less (screamers ideally)

Move on deadwood

And a couple days after winning promotion. We got this message. I don't understand our board. :(

What was your old stadium like as it might have failed the stadium rules for the Conference National? thankfully the stadium rules have finally been added to the rules screen in game this year so we can finally see the ground rules and not have to guess them.

Hope your new stadium has 2,000 seats as those are the rules for League 2 (weirdly neither the Championship nor League 1 have any stadium rules?) which are going to cause me a problem (and I think nearly everyone in the challenge?)

What was your old stadium like as it might have failed the stadium rules for the Conference National? thankfully the stadium rules have finally been added to the rules screen in game this year so we can finally see the ground rules and not have to guess them.

Hope your new stadium has 2,000 seats as those are the rules for League 2 (weirdly neither the Championship nor League 1 have any stadium rules?) which are going to cause me a problem (and I think nearly everyone in the challenge?)

We only needed 250 seats extra. We now will have a 6197 stadium, but I don't know how many seats. I hope it's an all seater. It will take a year to be completed. BTW, we only had an average of 250 last season, so I don't see te benefit of a complete new stadium.

Its odd that they didn't expand first rather than build a new ground. Cheers for pointing out the rules, i didn't realise that stadium rules were in the game.

Like I sais in my previous post, we only needed 250 extra seats to fulfill the rules, and the option of expanding wasn't greyed out before this news.

Due to this new stadium and the loan needed for this, my wagebudget keeps the same. Only €4800/week. Will be a very tough season.

Has anyone ever written a guide for this challenge, or similar 'non-league to premier league' type games? It is my favourite way to play but I can never manage to get past one or two promotions.

This is what I do (and has worked for me every year so far, well apart from one and that was only down to the game continuly crashing in the later years).

- First thing I do is sign the assistant with the best judging ability attribute possible (potential is nice but not as important) also try and sign a quality scout if possible - thankfully this year I got a 14/14 assitant, but could only get a 5/5 scout.

- Ask for a Parent club (or senior affiliate as they now seem to be called) for free loans, though it seems to be harder to get one in later versions.

- Pick your basic preffered formation (4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 etc...) roles and duties don't matter at the moment, though have a general idea of what you want, for example I tend to play 4-4-2 and in the centre of midfield I'll have a defensive minded player and an attacking minded one, and upfront I'll have a goalscoring (hopefully) and a support striker - though actual roles depend on my players and what works.

- Go through your exisitng players and work out their best position, also check your U21 and U18 squads incase anyone decent is hiding in there. Use the Report and Squad Depth screens, I also add some extra columns to the squad view - Ability and Potential columns, you can also add best position and role columns if you wish.

- Pick your Best XI and Second XI from your existing players, this now allows you to see where you are weakest.

- Before making any offers for players you need to check a couple of things to see what standard of player you are looking for, a quck glance can be had by looking at the Team Report -> Comparison screen, this will give you the highest and lowest averages for various attributes in your league per position, in the Conference North 10/11 is normally good for a key attribute. Next from the player report screen check to see what level the stars correpond to - players will have a star rating which will change depending on expectations, quality of players and league, however players also have a description that doesn't change which will read decent/good/leading and then a division, you need to keep on an eye on what level the stars are at, as for example at the start a decent conf north player may be five stars as your team is rubbish but a month later may only be two stars as you have found better players.

- Now it's time to find players, what I do is filter by interested players within scouting range, and add conditions unattached and eu-national (you aren't likely to attact players from other clubs at this stage nor will players get work permits at this level) and then add a position filter and search for the position you most need a player in.

- Next step depends on how many players you found and what staff you have, you have two options;

- Trial players in - reveals all attributes, once on trial can compare with other players, downside players may not accept trial and it also seems players on trial attract more attention from AI players. If trialing do it for 1 month/end of pre-season

- Scout players - limit to how many you can scout, new system takes time, however no need for player to agree terms, can also get coaches to scout if they are any good.

- Once you have scouted/trialled players for one position move onto the next, if you have the staff you can assign one member of staff to scout players of one position whilst another scouts a different position.

- If you scout a player and still aren't sure trial him in, you can use scouting to weed out the useless players and then trial in the possible ones to have a closer look.

- If there is no interest in a player then trial him in and take your time, unless he looks really good.

- Priority is first team players squad depth isn't important yet and can be filled with free loans or non-contract players.

- Once the season is under way carry on searching (transfer window doesn't close until march in non-league) as better players will be interested as the season goes on. (free players get more desperate the longer they are without a club).

Tactics wise keep it simple and if not sure where to start check out the tactics forum - there are some stickied threads to help you understand the roles and how they are linked, otherwise it's just watch the matches and slowly tweak things depending on what is happening.

The first season I tend to write off - you have to build a team, understand the new features and work out a tactic, if you are lucky things will start coming together at the end of the season and you may sneak a playoff spot or if not be in position to push for promotion next season.

In your second season you should have a better idea of what you need and what works, I also tend to have a core team by now and just look to add some players with that extra bit of quality.

Once you have gained promotion you repeat all of the above, until you gain promotion again and repeat the above again etc...

Getting quality players in the early years is part luck part how much time you have - to find the gems you may have to scout/trial thousands of players which takes time (both real and in game), you also cannot always rely on poaching players from other peoples games as at this level most of the released players we are after have random attributes and have had a season or more to develop/fail.

Another way to narrow down players on your scouting screen is to add the last club column to the view and first check out the players released from bigger sides (unfortantely there is no column to show what division the side was in). You can also check the transfer history for clubs (or even england) for released players and scout them and hope that you can persuade a quality released player to sign for you.

Like I sais in my previous post, we only needed 250 extra seats to fulfill the rules, and the option of expanding wasn't greyed out before this news.

Due to this new stadium and the loan needed for this, my wagebudget keeps the same. Only €4800/week. Will be a very tough season.

On my game hendon have only 3070K capacity (with 350 seats) which is 1000 short of requirements along with some extra seating. The board may have decided the cost was too much compared to the cost of a new stadium

On my game hendon have only 3070K capacity (with 350 seats) which is 1000 short of requirements along with some extra seating. The board may have decided the cost was too much compared to the cost of a new stadium

Yep, you are complete right. :o Don't know were I looked for this info.

Archived