[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the same Monteleone and he looks quite a bit better for you than he did for me...difference being you play him whereas he was my 4th choice CB :D Not a bad player though, if he looked as good on my save as he does on yours, he'd be first choice for me (probs my 2nd best CB though after Kempf). Impressive stuff. Surprised you have so little Italians though :eek:

Do you still have Kingsley Coman at Juve? Should be about 25 on your save so will be in his prime if you've still got him. Great little player but AI Juve don't seem to like him too much (probably because they don't play a CAM).

As for Real Madrid... tough to say no to that offer, but personally I'd feel like I have unfinished business at Juventus. I'd want to win that Champions League. Had you won it last season then I wouldn't even consider staying, but then that's just me... irl Becks would go straight to RM I think. Times like these you have to decide whether you want to stay true to character (and move) or stay true to yourself (and stay). Although, having said that, staying true to yourself only applies if you feel how I do with regards to unfinished business :)

e: As for Sassuolo on my save... just had a look and they got relegated in 20th place in the first season :eek: Scored 40, conceded 50, so nothing mental... had 37 points. The four teams above them all had 38 points. That is mental stuff :D

Time to go back to your other, other home
Yup, can't say no to that.
Definitely go for it.
I'd get bored with Real Madrid. Not much of a challenge.

Becks would go, though, I reckon.

Cheers lads, really appreciate your advice :) Having thought long and hard about it, I decided to stay as the transfers for the upcoming season have been done and I do not want to leave having molded the squad the way I want. Furthermore, I lost in the champions league final last season and I really want to win it with Juventus before I move on! I could have left if I won it last time round though!

That is the same Monteleone and he looks quite a bit better for you than he did for me...difference being you play him whereas he was my 4th choice CB :D Not a bad player though, if he looked as good on my save as he does on yours, he'd be first choice for me (probs my 2nd best CB though after Kempf). Impressive stuff. Surprised you have so little Italians though :eek:

Do you still have Kingsley Coman at Juve? Should be about 25 on your save so will be in his prime if you've still got him. Great little player but AI Juve don't seem to like him too much (probably because they don't play a CAM).

As for Real Madrid... tough to say no to that offer, but personally I'd feel like I have unfinished business at Juventus. I'd want to win that Champions League. Had you won it last season then I wouldn't even consider staying, but then that's just me... irl Becks would go straight to RM I think. Times like these you have to decide whether you want to stay true to character (and move) or stay true to yourself (and stay). Although, having said that, staying true to yourself only applies if you feel how I do with regards to unfinished business :)

e: As for Sassuolo on my save... just had a look and they got relegated in 20th place in the first season :eek: Scored 40, conceded 50, so nothing mental... had 37 points. The four teams above them all had 38 points. That is mental stuff :D

To be honest, he was at this level when I arrived, I didn't do much to develop him! And I was surprised when I learnt about the lack of Italians in the squad too! I have since addressed it this summer and I think you will like one of my signings a lot ;)

Kingsley left two seasons before I joined the club, he would have been a solid little player for me! The Frenchman is currently playing for Newcastle (he left for only 5.5m pounds!) and is doing really well :thup:

Cheers for the advice mate, you summed up my feelings perfectly there. I have stayed true to myself and I am sure Becks is a loyal character too!

150px-Juventus_Turin.svg.png

Preseason 2022/2023 - Juventus F.C.

Board Expectations

Champions League: Win Champions League

Serie A: Win Serie A

Italian Cup: Not important

This season, the board is expecting us to win both the Champions League and the Serie A title! I think I know why we saw such a huge increase in the transfer/wage budgets!

Budgets

Transfer: 206 million pounds

Wages: 3.7 million pounds

Incredible budgets there. I stopped myself from simply going all out to buy the best players in the world and went a little sentimental when doing this summer's transfers.

Transfers

WMkJMgS.jpg?1

In the end, we ended with a positive net spending despite the massive budgets. I am really restraining myself from making a Galacticos-like big money signing with all the cash available. Should I?

Players In

Alexandre

I wasn't prepared to take the risk with my second choice ball winner's preferred move (dive into tackles) as he may get himself sent off at times. With no suitable Italian ball winners on the market, I moved for the Brazilian wonderkid. Alexandre's timing of tackles is terrific and can run up and down the field all day long. He will compete with Galloway for the first choice ball winning role.

China

What a name! My second choice center-back is into the last year of his contract and with the squad lacking Italians, I decided to cash in on him and bring in a young Italian center-back with the most unique name ever. China is a fantastic all rounded center-back and the fact that he is Italian made the decision to bring him in very easy.

Simone Scuffet

Begovic is on the wrong side of his thirties and with his contract expiring at the end of this season, I decided to move him on and bring in a younger replacement. Simone is another Italian and looks very similar to Butland ability wise. He will push the Englishman very hard for the number one spot.

Andrea Belotti

The sentimental signings start here! Munir wanted to leave and I had no choice but to let him go due to his plunging morale. Andrea bagged loads of goals for me in England and is a signing I couldn't turn down as he is Italian. JDownie will love this! :D

Patrick Roberts

Patrick was a boy wonder for me at Fulham and hadn't developed as much as he could due to a couple of unlucky injuries. He is still a solid player down the wing and with Muniain ageing, I decided to let the experienced Spaniard go for a huge fee and replace him with my fellow Englishman \o/

Preseason Friendlies

pXn0siW.jpg?1

Once again, my friendlies between 4th and 13th August got cancelled miraculously and the dates became unavailable from then on. Anyone experienced the same thing? It's frustrating as we weren't able to play as many matches as I would've liked :(

To be honest, he was at this level when I arrived, I didn't do much to develop him! And I was surprised when I learnt about the lack of Italians in the squad too! I have since addressed it this summer and I think you will like one of my signings a lot ;)

Kingsley left two seasons before I joined the club, he would have been a solid little player for me! The Frenchman is currently playing for Newcastle (he left for only 5.5m pounds!) and is doing really well :thup:

Cheers for the advice mate, you summed up my feelings perfectly there. I have stayed true to myself and I am sure Becks is a loyal character too!

Good to know you've brought in Italians... just a shame that the likes of Buffon and Pirlo aren't still going. I know they could do a job in 2022 if they really wanted to :D

Shame about Coman. Even though he's French he's a HG Juve player so would be useful in that regard at the very least. ÂŁ5.5M is criminally underpriced for someone as good as him. I got him on a free transfer (contract expiration) and his value immediately jumped to ÂŁ29M... he's insanely good. Shame the previous Juve manager didn't have the sense to keep him around ;)

Some great signings :cool: Scuffet is a fantastic player, Udinese usually throw him into their starting XI from day one so he tends to become a great player. I want him at Torino but with two great GKs already (Zieler and Horn) I can't justify it plus I'm still working on limited budgets so can't afford him anyway.

Belotti though :cool: Great signing. Funnily enough, this season with Torino is the first I've struggled to get him scoring and he's gone way down in my estimation for me, but obviously I still think he is great and worth signing and with your experience of him at Fulham, you'll be able to get great performances out of him anyway I'm sure. Top stuff :cool:

As for a Galactico-esque signing...only do it if it is really worth your time/money. Never been one to splash cash for cash-splashing sake :D

Good to know you've brought in Italians... just a shame that the likes of Buffon and Pirlo aren't still going. I know they could do a job in 2022 if they really wanted to :D

Shame about Coman. Even though he's French he's a HG Juve player so would be useful in that regard at the very least. ÂŁ5.5M is criminally underpriced for someone as good as him. I got him on a free transfer (contract expiration) and his value immediately jumped to ÂŁ29M... he's insanely good. Shame the previous Juve manager didn't have the sense to keep him around ;)

Some great signings :cool: Scuffet is a fantastic player, Udinese usually throw him into their starting XI from day one so he tends to become a great player. I want him at Torino but with two great GKs already (Zieler and Horn) I can't justify it plus I'm still working on limited budgets so can't afford him anyway.

Belotti though :cool: Great signing. Funnily enough, this season with Torino is the first I've struggled to get him scoring and he's gone way down in my estimation for me, but obviously I still think he is great and worth signing and with your experience of him at Fulham, you'll be able to get great performances out of him anyway I'm sure. Top stuff :cool:

As for a Galactico-esque signing...only do it if it is really worth your time/money. Never been one to splash cash for cash-splashing sake :D

I had to do something about the number of Italians, only one in a Serie A winning squad is quite scandalous!

I saw how well Coman did for you and it made me wonder what could have been if he hadn't been sold! Scuffet will most certainly give me selection problems but Butland is slightly ahead as the Italian shot stopper will take time to settle into life at Juve! Belotti won't be first choice too but will definitely get enough games to score goals for us :D

Good decision to stay at Juve, get the CL with them and then think about moving on :cool:
Fair enough with sticking with Juve, there'll be plenty more top opportunities in future.
I think it's the right decision to stick it out in Italy, Madrid you could get some easy trophies to your name but not much fun in that so good choice in my eyes.

Cheers lads! Desperately want that champions league trophy before I move on to Spain/Germany :)

August to November 2022/2023 - Juventus F.C.

League

0TylKvJ.jpg?1

A1qsQAZ.jpg?1

Things are going well in the league after three long months as we managed to pull ourselves 8 points clear of the chasing pack. The lads were brilliant in the 13 games so far, winning 11 and drawing 2 against Inter and Udinese. Roma are second on 27 points while Inter sits third a further two points behind. Torino are the surprise package of the season as our local rivals completes the top 4 with 24 points. Goal machine Vietto has been key again for us and he has bagged 13 goals in as many games thus far. A tough December awaits us as we face trips to Torino and Napoli and a cracker at home against AC Milan.

Champions League

JGfGF0D.jpg?1

dqPgiSu.jpg?1

A stuttering group stage to say the least. We wanted to win this competition badly but things are not looking good and we will most likely finish runners-up to Porto. The 3-0 away defeat in Portugal took me by surprise as the boys conceded three goals via a combination of bad defending and moments of brilliance from the Porto players. Despite creating enough chances, we failed to put away any in a bad defeat. As a result, We now need to better the Portuguese's 3-0 win in Turin to finish top and it seems a tall, tall task.

Running away with the league at the moment :thup:
Just been catching up with this. What a perfect way to end the Fulham adventure and an excellent first season in Italy. Glad you stayed at Juve, you'll feel much more satisfaction when you eventually land that Champions League crown :)

Cheers lads! League has been comfortable but we had another tough draw in Europe despite topping our group ahead of Porto miraculously!

Season Review 2022/2023 - Juventus F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (December to May) Final Table (Champions)

The league title was never in doubt as we had the best squad and led for most parts of the season. The boys finished the season with 100 points, 20 ahead of our nearest rivals Roma, scoring 108 and conceding 20. Napoli and Inter finished 3rd and 4th respectively to bag themselves champions league football next season. AC Milan had an underwhelming season and finished a disappointing 6th.

Awards

B09ZXzP.jpg?1

We had 6 in the team of the year this time round.

Bs5UEcd.jpg?1

\o/

aC5PIOG.jpg?1

The goal machine did not disappoint this season :)

lpRoEj7.jpg?1

Well done my fellow Englishman!

Italian Cup (Winners)

8FbCJDX.jpg?1

We won the Italian Cup again despite some crazy fixtures pile up towards the end of the season. The final was just 2 days before the champions league final (is this a bug?) and I had to play my second 11 against Napoli. Nevertheless, the lads proved my worries wrong and dismissed our rivals convincingly in a 3-0 victory to lift the cup for the third consecutive year \o/

Champions League (Winners)

v6DiNta.jpg?1

This was the one I wanted to win so badly and I was glad to see the boys live up to their expectations in the end. It wasn't smooth sailing at all as we needed to better the 3-0 result against Porto in our last group game to qualify as leaders. The boys responded magnificently with a 6-1 victory but despite finishing top, we got another disappointing draw against Jose Mourinho's Chelsea. Thankfully, we managed to knock out the Blues before eliminating Benfica and my former club Fulham to face the mighty Real Madrid in the final. We had the better of chances throughout the game but failed to put them away until the 90th minute, when 'Argentinian Becks' Fabian Quignon popped up in the right place at the right time to sweep the ball past their keeper after a defensive mix up from a corner. It was relief more than anything else at the end!

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

I got so excited while playing through the season that I forgot to mention that we signed Memphis Depay for big money in January. It was a case of preventing our rivals from strengthening rather than strengthening ourselves but the powerful Dutch attacker settled quickly and finished the season with 6 goals and 3 assists in just 12 starts. In addition, my former midfield anchor at Fulham, John Cordova, was signed on loan to provide cover as our second choice anchor suffered a long term injury midway through the season. All in all, a terrific season by the best squad I have had in my entire career so far.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Fabian Quignon

The 'Argentinian Becks' shared his games with Raheem Sterling as they both play in the right wing position. Fabian just about edged the Englishman to my top 3 players of the season and it was very much due to his winning goal in the champions league final. He really plays like the good old Becks and delivers pin-point crosses into the area with minimum fuss. With 23 assists and 13 goals in 28 starts, Quignon takes his place deservedly in my top 3 players of the season!

Andrea Belotti

I may be a little biased here but you can't blame me when a new signing/old friend made such a huge impact for me! Andrea was signed to replace the want away Munir and the Italian hotshot settled straight into life in Juventus. He was instrumental in our successful champions league campaign and finished top goal scorer with 13 goals. What a signing!

Luciano Vietto

The goal machine lived up to his name once again and finished as our top scorer for the second consecutive season with 36 goals in 37 starts in all competitions. Luciano even found time for 7 assists and the Argentinian false nine is without a shadow of a doubt my player of the season!

How is my old club doing?

Fulham finished 16TH :eek: in a disastrous domestic season and narrowly avoided relegation by 3 points. They also failed in both cup competitions and got knocked out by us in the champions league semi-finals in a very disappointing season. Things can only be on the up from here for my former club :(

What's next?

CasRYgj.jpg?1

AgQ0nqn.jpg?1

I have achieved what I set out to achieve in Italy and these two job interviews came along even before the Italian Cup and Champions League finals. I attended the interviews, got offered both jobs, but have yet to make a decision. Who do you think I should go for?

Think Barcelona isn't to Becks' taste so probably Bayern but then both are very lucrative offers... Go to both job interviews, see which one offers better terms. Then check which one has a better team.

At Barca you've got better competition in Spain so that would probably appeal to me more. But then it is Barcelona... :D

Think Barcelona isn't to Becks' taste so probably Bayern but then both are very lucrative offers... Go to both job interviews, see which one offers better terms. Then check which one has a better team.

At Barca you've got better competition in Spain so that would probably appeal to me more. But then it is Barcelona... :D

Depends on the state of either squad for me, but I'd prefer Bayern offhand.

Imagine Becks and Posh in lederhosen at their traditional Oktoberfest party, I don't think that can be denied.

Has to be Bayern.

Unless it's a Barca sabotage mission

If it was me I would take the Bayern job and hope that the Madrid job becomes available again once you have achieved what you want to achieve with Bayern :)

Cheers for the advice lads! I have made my decision..

KTzSAwA.jpg?1

..and it's Bayern!

They are in a much worse state than I have expected them to be! The German club has not won the Bundesliga in the last four years, finished 4th last season and there will be no champions league football.

And perhaps the most shocking of all, they have only one solitary physio!! :eek:

No CL? :D My god, how the mighty have fallen.

Got a nice task on your hands then. What sort of budget have the board entrusted you with?

Incredible collapse, now I know why we rarely see them in the latter stages of the champions league in the last few years!

We have a transfer budget of 11.75m pounds and payroll of 4m pounds per week!

At least then there is the challenge of restoring Bayern to the top. Out of interest who are the top dogs at the moment? Dortmund?

3RWmWyy.jpg?1

Hardly the top 3 you would expect :cool:

Big mistake not going to Barca :D

Becks is all Real Madrid :D

Neverkusen doing well in our games.

aRkwYs.jpg

They are very close to making it 3 in a row in mine.

Personally it's a shame Dortmund didn't come in for you but good luck in Germany even though it's with Bayern.

Ouch!! Dortmund and Bayern both out of the Champions league could be interesting to see how good the other teams have become.

Will there be the Bayern vs 1860 rivalry or have they not been promoted?

91hE2E1.jpg?2

This would give you an idea how much Bayern has fallen behind the other clubs :(

1860 are not back in the Bundesliga yet!

Neverkusen doing well in our games.

aRkwYs.jpg

They are very close to making it 3 in a row in mine.

Personally it's a shame Dortmund didn't come in for you but good luck in Germany even though it's with Bayern.

Could never see this happening in real life given their dominance to be honest!

It's gonna be fun trying to restore Bayern back to their glory days! Thanks mate :D

Hi guys,

I will be away on holidays from 9 January - 18 January, so there will be no updates for now as I won't be bringing my laptop over. Looking forward to beginning my tenure at Bayern after I am back.

See you guys! :D

Hi guys,

I will be away on holidays from 9 January - 18 January, so there will be no updates for now as I won't be bringing my laptop over. Looking forward to beginning my tenure at Bayern after I am back.

See you guys! :D

I caught up at the wrong time! Good luck at Bayern, don't let it play on your mind too much whilst you're away.

Have a good one and don't let Posh over spend you have an Mls team to build ;)
Good luck when you start at Bayern and well done winning the CL with Juve :thup:
Enjoy your holiday!
I caught up at the wrong time! Good luck at Bayern, don't let it play on your mind too much whilst you're away.
Blitz your final season in Turin :thup:

Good luck restoring Bayern!

Cheers lads! I am back! It has been a good break and I can't wait to get going again with Bayern :D

It's funny, but in my saves l. vietto is really bad! no attribute above 15 when he is 25... but well ;)

That's the fun of the game, players turn out different in different saves :D

Vietto has been phenomenal for me as a false nine and is without a shadow of a doubt the best goal scorer I have managed on FM15 so far :cool:

fcb.png

Preseason 2023/2024 - FC Bayern Munich

Board Expectations

Europa League: Reach First Knockout Round

Bundesliga: Win Bundesliga

DFB-Pokal: Win DFB-Pokal

Despite the club being in a dire state (we only have one physio and I can't sign any due to me agreeing to stick to the original coaching staff in the interview stupidly. Does anyone out there knows how to solve this? I desperately need to sign more physios as we seem to be suffering from more injuries due to a lack of physios at the club :(), the board expects us to win both the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal in my first season in charge. It's gonna be one of the toughest challenges of my career so far!

Budgets

Transfer: 32.53 million pounds

Wages: 4 million pounds

Not the biggest budget you will see at a top top club but there is enough room to play around :D

Transfers

Ne5Mcln.jpg?1

A lot of strengthening was needed to freshen up the ageing squad and a combination of promising youngsters, my English counterparts and former players were brought to the club in a very busy summer.

Players In

Niklas Stark

I signed Niklas when I was still at Fulham but he didn't stay long due to his desire for more first-team football. It was a pity as he is a tenacious midfield ball winner. With me managing in Germany now, there aren't many better players out there than this classy German who will definitely challenge hard to be my first choice ball winner.

Youssef Jaouhari

Youssef is the best youth prospect I have come across in my career so far and having seen him develop so well at Juventus, I was keen to play a further part in his growth. The Italian comes in on loan for a season and he will get lots of game time down the right wing.

Luciano Fernandez

With Neuer ageing and declining drastically, Bayern has no quality keepers in the squad. With the number one spot up for grabs, the fantastic young Argentinian keeper signs for us and he will have a good chance of sealing the number one spot this season.

Fernando Solis

Apart from the problematic goalkeeping position, we only have one average center-back in the squad and reinforcements are badly needed. Fernando is big and strong and the Argentinian will go straight into the starting 11 in our central defense.

John Cordova

John was my squad player when I won the champions league with both Fulham and Juventus. The Chilean comes in again on loan as my second-choice midfield anchor and hopefully he can be my lucky charm yet again in Germany.

Arnold Onana

Arnold is one of the strongest central defenders you can find in world football and the determined man marker will go straight into my first choice lineup to partner Solis in the central defense.

Craig Miller

I could have gone out to sign a better winger but I wanted to do something about the ultimate aim of my save - to win the World Cup with England. Craig reminds me a little of Becks and the Englishman is one of the hardest workers you can find on the market. Despite not being absolute world class, he will start as my first-choice right winger and hopefully he can develop into a future starter for England.

Joe Cullip

I needed another keeper and Joe is touted by many to be England's future number one. He just about edges Luciano to the number one spot but a mid-long term injury suffered in preseason may have given his Argentinian colleague a chance.

Preseason Friendlies

g4HOoeI.jpg?1

After a preseason tour to China and a couple of friendlies against German clubs, we wait eagerly for our opening competitive fixture against Arminia Bielefeld in the DFB-Pokal \o/

Good career so far. Keep going! :thup:

I n answer to your question re keeping the original staff, you need to sign a new contract for this to go away. Sign a new contract and you can change the staff.

Cheers mate! I did try asking for a new contract but barely a few weeks in, the board would not give me one :(

Archived