• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fcb.png

August to December 2023/2024 - FC Bayern Munich

League

6Z7NtMm.jpg?1

puA8amm.jpg?1

Things did not get off to a good start at all as we were defeated three times in our first ten games. Thankfully, results improved after I got to know the players better and play them in the correct positions. A string of eight victories propelled us back to 2nd place but we are still four points behind leaders Schalke. I foresee a busy winter break as our top two strikers are moaning for moves away from Allianz-Arena after getting unsettled by the transfer interests in them :(

Europa League

vakQUDX.jpg?1

MisN6Ua.jpg?1

Despite not performing too well when given the chance in the league, my second stringers were unstoppable in Europe, winning all six group games, scoring 25 goals and conceding only 3. Our 35 year-old Lewandowski scored 6 in as many games and emerged as the star of the group stages. Portugal's Sporting CP awaits us in the competition's first knockout round.

DFB-Pokal

itHw9ZU.jpg?1

So far so good as we managed to overcome the lower division outfits in the first three rounds of the cup. We managed to avoid the top division teams once again in the next round and FC Augsburg will be eager to cause an upset at Allianz-Arena in the quarter final.

Good to see you back mate and not a bad start in the league considering how Bayern looked to begin with.

Good to see you here too mate!

I was satisfied with the start too considering the fact that we have to slowly phase out and replace the likes of Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Thiago and to a lesser extent Muller, Alaba and Lewandowski next season :(

Some progress dude! Really been enjoying following this thread and hope you can rebuild Bayern. Ps what skin is that looks awesome?

Glad to have you on board mate! Always great to see someone enjoy this and that will keep me writing :)

The skin I am using is named Steklo X5 and you can find it here :)

going awesome good career i want to do a mark viduka one similar

Cheers mate! Go ahead please and I am sure I will enjoy reading it a lot! :D

fcb.png

Season Review 2023/2024 - FC Bayern Munich

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (Champions)

Wrestling back the Bundesliga was the toughest challenge in my first year in Germany as we swapped places at the top with Schalke numerous times. In the end, a 6-0 home victory against our main title rivals proved to be decisive as we won the title by two points. If you look at the goal difference, we were the deserving winners as we scored the most number of goals (90) and conceded the least (21) in 34 league games.

Awards

TrOUjhF.jpg

Fantastic five :cool:

L39eiAp.jpg

Proud to see my boy win the Newcomer of the Year award :**)

ohtB4AY.jpg

The assists king bags the award deservedly.

DFB-Pokal (Winners)

SgcwoL1.jpg

I can't remember having such smooth-sailing draws in any of the clubs I have been at. We faced lower league teams in all the rounds before facing Bayer Leverkusen in the final. January signing Kelechi bagged a crucial double in a 2-1 win as we lifted our second silverware of the season \o/

Europa League (Beaten finalists)

Ahef5Lu.jpg

The second string players played throughout the competition and did their first team chances no harm by putting in numerous impressive performances all the way till the final where PSG were the party spoilers. I wanted to win this so much with the final at Allianz Arena but it was not to be as we failed to break down the resilient French outfit. The biggest and only disappointment of the season :(

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

Most players got plenty of game time as I divided the squad into two teams for the league and cup competitions. Approximately two thirds of the squad made at least 20 starts this season as the Europa League did not seem to be too much of a hindrance. All in all a really positive season :)

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Kelechi Iheanacho

Kelechi takes his place in my top 3 players of the season despite joining only in January. The Nigerian scored so many crucial goals for us in just five months, including a double in the DFB-Pokal Final and crucial winners in league games against Koln, Stuttgart, Freiburg just to name a few. He ended the season with 14 goals in just 16 starts and the Lewandowski replacement can only get better next year.

Youssef Jaouhari

It's so rare seeing a loan signing make my top 3 players of the year but Youssef has been superb for me since joining from Juventus. The pacy Italian winger was a 16 year old when I arrived at Juventus and I have watched him grow into a proper player since then. I have high hopes for the lad and hopefully I can bring him everywhere I go and help him reach the very top.

Craig Miller

I know I am a little biased here but the next David Beckham is my player of the year! Despite signing for us at a tender age of 19, Craig settled into life in Munich in no time and ended the season with 7 goals and 17 assists in just 24 starts. He could have added to his tally if not for an unfortunate injury which ruled him out for a couple of months mid season. Can't wait to see how his career develops!

How are my old clubs doing?

Fulham continued to struggle and narrowly avoided relegation in 17th place this season :( They also failed in both cup competitions to end the season trophy-less. On the other hand, Juventus retained the champions league title impressively but lost the Serie A title narrowly to Interzionale after finishing one point behind their main rivals.

Good first season there

Cheers mate! Despite the Europa league disappointment, I should be satisfied with the season's work :)

You didn't prioritise a European competition, even the final!
To be fair, the lads that won the way there deserved to play the final.

If you remember, the board expected us to win both the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal but only reach the first knockout round of the Europa league!

fcb.png

Preseason 2024/2025 - FC Bayern Munich

Board Expectations

Champions League: Reach Semi Final

Bundesliga: Win Bundesliga

DFB-Pokal: Win DFB-Pokal

The board continues to be demanding this season as they expect us to reach the semi finals in our first season back in the champions league :confused: It's gonna be another challenging season ahead trying to please my tough bosses.

Budgets

Transfer: 15.45 million pounds

Wages: 3.3 million pounds

Despite us getting back into Europe's elite competition, the board decided to tighten their purse strings and we get less to improve the squad and more to achieve this season. Certainly the most demanding board out of the three clubs I have been at so far :(

Transfers

POE5yr8.jpg

We cut down on our personnel changes this time round and only saw four arrivals in the summer. My favorite backup midfield anchor Cordova signed permanently for us on a free and a further three players arrived in time for the start of our competitive fixtures.

Players In

Julian Brandt

I had my eyes on Julian while I was at Juventus but he opted to join Fulham. With my first club on an unbelievable decline, Brandt wanted champions league football and we are a perfect fit for the German winger. I have little doubts that our new technician will get goals for us from midfield and if Julian can stay clear of injuries, he will have a big season ahead.

Benedikt Gimber

With Ginter entering his thirties, I wanted to freshen up our central defense and Benedikt returns home from Liverpool. The German center-back is very strong in his challenges and he will push hard for a first team spot in the upcoming season.

Chris Webb

We needed a fourth striker to start the season as I started playing with a 4-4-2 (instead of my usual 4-1-4-1) against the weaker teams last season. Chris is a very quick striker from Manchester and has terrific movement for a 20 year old. He signed on loan for a season and will look to continue his footballing education in Germany.

Preseason Friendlies

O46eM0H.jpg]

After our preseason tour to U.S.A and a couple of routine friendlies back in Germany, FC Schalke 04 awaits us in the DFL-Supercup as we attempt to win our first piece of silverware this season.

Wow! Found this thread now and after reading through the first page with Fullham I jumped to the last page and suddenly you're head of Bayern. Looks like you've done very well. Big up!

Do you have any long term goals? Like England national side? Where would you've liked to se Becks go IRL?

Wow! Found this thread now and after reading through the first page with Fullham I jumped to the last page and suddenly you're head of Bayern. Looks like you've done very well. Big up!

Do you have any long term goals? Like England national side? Where would you've liked to se Becks go IRL?

Glad to have you here mate!

The ultimate goal is to win the World Cup with England after winning the league and champions league with clubs in England, Italy, Germany and Spain. Well, we all want to see Becks back at United don't we?

fcb.png

August to November 2024/2025 - FC Bayern Munich

League

Z5RlVJl.jpg

dxvkHdy.jpg

We are again neck in neck with Schalke in the Bundesliga and despite our narrow 0-1 defeat to our title rivals, we managed to stay one point ahead. The lads were consistent in our first 13 games, winning 10, drawing two and losing that top of the table clash against Schalke. Borussia Dortmund are back among the champions league places in third place on 27 points.

DFL-Supercup

R2fi3Qd.jpg

We wanted to get our season off to a winning start but it was not to be as Schalke beat us in a close encounter at their home ground. Leon Goretzka opened the scoring with a screamer before our veteran left winger Pavel equalized with a neat finish. Ljajic scored the winner ten minutes into the second half after some bad defending from us. Despite creating a couple of goal-scoring opportunities, we weren't sharp enough to find the all important equalizer in a narrow defeat 1-2 defeat.

Champions League

a0rI1or.jpg

VNm1nMk.jpg

We couldn't have wished for a better group draw and the lads lived up to the expectations by sealing qualification and top spot with a game left to play. The match of the group stage was played out at Catania where we were on the winning side of a 9 goal thriller. Kelechi was the hero after bagging a hat-trick in a goal fest. Valuable game time will be given to the second stringers/young players in the last fixture of the group stage.

DFB-Pokal

MYSMrFY.jpg

Unlike last season, we drew a top flight team in the second round but thankfully, the boys managed to overcome our opponents to reach the third round. Vfl Bochum awaits us in a 'David vs Goliath' third round tie.

Unlucky to lose the final but overall a good season just unlucky about Fulham dropping as quickly as they have, any chance of seeing Becks in Taiwan in game and not just for a holiday in future? Could be interesting.

I am still about but between work and holiday planning I don't have time for Fm :( Let alone the forums but am trying to keep up with this.

Archived