[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still only 1 goal in 8 appearances so far. Perhaps he doesn't suit false nine after all :(

That's a pity :(

False Nine is the only role I've never actually tried tbh, because it doesn't seem like enough of a direct goalscoring threat. I was actually surprised to see you had got Woodrow to score as many as you had in the role because I wouldn't have thought it capable haha.

I echo what higgins says above, but I would totally get it if you didn't want to change your system.

Belotti's problem as an F9 is probably that his Vision isn't the best. Personally that's never been a problem for me, he makes brilliant little flick-ons as the TGM/S and even picks out great passes at times so he does get assists, he just doesn't make great passes which an F9 probably needs to be able to do.

e: and if it's any consolation, Belotti scored something like 2 goals in his first 18 games for me (I'll see if I can find the exact stat) before hitting sudden form and becoming the beast that I know him as :D

I'd try him in another role, complete forward should suits him well, he could work nicely in your tactic as well.
That's a pity :(

False Nine is the only role I've never actually tried tbh, because it doesn't seem like enough of a direct goalscoring threat. I was actually surprised to see you had got Woodrow to score as many as you had in the role because I wouldn't have thought it capable haha.

I echo what higgins says above, but I would totally get it if you didn't want to change your system.

Belotti's problem as an F9 is probably that his Vision isn't the best. Personally that's never been a problem for me, he makes brilliant little flick-ons as the TGM/S and even picks out great passes at times so he does get assists, he just doesn't make great passes which an F9 probably needs to be able to do.

e: and if it's any consolation, Belotti scored something like 2 goals in his first 18 games for me (I'll see if I can find the exact stat) before hitting sudden form and becoming the beast that I know him as :D

I played my lone strikers as false nines in the 4-1-4-1 formation for the entire FM14 and they were often my top scorers in the team. However, it seems to be harder on this version, even for Woodrow, his goals are drying up :(

Cheers for the advice lads, I will try to squeeze those goals out of Belotti :D

Wow, some excellent progress made since I last checked the thread!

Unlucky to come out of a tough Champions League group only to be undone by Juventus. At least they got to the final though so that's some consolation.

Looking forward to seeing what the new season brings :)

Wow, some excellent progress made since I last checked the thread!

Unlucky to come out of a tough Champions League group only to be undone by Juventus. At least they got to the final though so that's some consolation.

Looking forward to seeing what the new season brings :)

Epic summer!

Some serious news coming up..

Nothing much to announce in the end ;)

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to December 2018/2019 - Fulham F.C.

League

D7SA0rW.jpg?1

It was a reasonable first half to the season. We managed to win most of the games we were expected to but collapsed big time at Old Trafford and Goodison Park. The manners of the defeats were similar, low crosses into the box and strikers arrived bang on time to finish past our hapless keeper on numerous occasions. On a positive note, the lads managed to put together a 6 match winning streak towards the end of the year and long may it continue!

Table

KshRz0K.jpg?1

We are in a healthy position in 3rd, making up a London top three in the premier league. Chelsea are on course for a record breaking season after bagging an impressive 48 points from 19 games. Jose Mourinho's Man United are three points ahead of us while Arsenal sits in 4th spot two points behind us. Leeds are in big big trouble at the bottom with only 3 points from 19 games.

Capital One Cup

NpjXKZw.jpg?1

We are so much better this year! The boys did well to beat Forest, Man City and Cardiff to reach the semi-finals and a tough Arsenal side stands between us and the final. One thing is certain, we would need to be at our absolute best if we want to overcome last year's premier league champions. Very excited! \o/

Champions League

i52AsJa.jpg?1

ydNK70f.jpg?1

The lads were brilliant in the group stages again! I was so worried that we won't even get there as we got a tough draw against PSV in the play-offs. The boys calmed my fears by beating the Holland boys 8-1 on aggregate convincingly. In group E, We won five games, kept four clean sheets and finished top with an impressive 16 points ahead of the pack to qualify with ease. Schalke awaits us in the first knock-out round and hopefully we can progress a bit further in Europe this season!

Last but not least, something for JDownie :D

VjHhw5N.jpg?1

BEAST.

:D

Good first half to the season, hopefully you can keep it up. Schalke in the first knockout round isn't the toughest draw so hopefully you can progress this time round :thup:

Indeed! He just got man of the match against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Belotti loves London! :cool:

Looks like dirty Leeds are gunning for the Derby record.

They are not too far off to be honest :(

Going well with Fulham Becks how is Zoet doing for you?

We have conceded the least amount of goals so far this season and Zoet has been absolutely crucial :thup:

you're worth 1bn and you needed a sodding stadium loan :D
What the hell???
Biggest club in the world :D
Worth over a billion quid :D
Nice going Becks abit weird with the loan tho.

It's really weird guys, I can't see how we are worth more than the likes of Barcelona and Man United. Anyone experienced this before?

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2018/2019 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (Runners-up)

We had our best second half to a season but it wasn't enough as we fell three points short of eventual champions Chelsea. I was also proud to see us end up the best defensive team in the league, conceding only 22 goals throughout the season. I will be looking at improving our attack next season as we scored 17 and 20 goals less than Chelsea and Manchester United respectively. Arsenal completes the top 4 with 76 points while at the other end, Leeds got relegated with 23 points. In a nutshell, it was a pleasing season for us as we got so much closer to the title this time round. We go again! :p

Awards

GWS4A4k.jpg?1

It has been a great year for our new number one and Zoet made some unbelievable saves for us throughout the season. A very deserving winner of the golden glove!

9wAdLLt.jpg?1

Very pleasantly surprised by this award as we did not manage to win the league :D

rSQOL2A.jpg?1

Three in the team of the year and two on the bench this time round \o/

Capital One Cup (Knocked out in semi-finals)

4gFrpoO.jpg?1

We went much further in the competition this time round but weren't good enough over two legs against Arsenal. Woodrow's brace over the two games weren't enough as Depay destroyed our defense to knock us out one step before the final.

FA Cup (Winners)

dCHEw8j.jpg?1

What a year in the FA Cup! The draws got really hard for us from the quarter-finals and the lads did brilliantly to knock out Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal to win the prestigious cup competition. Belotti was the hero, scoring the winner in the semi-finals and grabbing the brace in the extra-time victory against the Gunners \o/

Champions League (Eliminated in 1st knockout round)

SsblGyc.jpg?1

SzgYkiy.jpg?1

We were absolutely brilliant again in the group stage but got knocked out in the first knockout round once again. With ten minutes to go in the second leg at Craven Cottage, we were leading on away goals and I decided to shut up shop. To my horror, bad marking from a free-kick handed Schalke a late late goal and they managed to squeeze past us eventually. Margins are so fine at this level and one lapse of concentration cost us a place in the quarter-finals :(

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

Great achievement by the squad as we improved in almost every competition and the FA Cup win was the highlight in a really positive season. Due to the fixtures congestion, I rotated the squad pretty heavily and most of the boys got valuable game time. Most of the players benefited from regular football and I was pleased to see so many green arrows under their overall training performance.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Andrea Belotti

The Italian had a great season for us and ended up as our top scorer with 24 goals and 3 assists in all competitions. Andrea scored some crucial goals throughout the season and takes his place in my top 3 players of the season \o/

Will Hughes

Will ended up as the fans' player of the season and it was no fluke as the Englishman has come leaps and bounds this season. Playing in the midfield raider role, Hughes arrived in the box with great timing on numerous occasions and scored some important goals throughout the season. He bagged 10 goals and 9 assists in 37 starts in a really productive season.

Dan Burn

My player of the season! I was so wrong when I said that Dan may not be good enough at the highest level but he made me eat my words with another commanding season. He was the leader of the best defense in the premier league and we definitely looked less solid without his aerial presence. Burn earned himself a new contract and he will continue in the heart of our defense for many years to come.

Archived