[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

Well in DB. Great thread.

Awesome transfers, how much did you pay for Bernard and Matic?

Any chance you could show us your tactics and team instructions

Cheers mate! Matic was on a loan deal while Bernard was on the transfer list and bought for 7m pounds! Here you go :)

tJgSAHJ.jpg?1

pHU0Gyq.jpg?1

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a season :applause:

Reckon you're challenging the title now or is it still a little soon for that (considering how easily United won it), do you think?

Thanks mate :) Due to plans for a new stadium, the board has reduced our transfer budget considerably to 5m pounds and as a result, I think it is indeed a little too soon for a title challenge next season :(

Congratulations on the Europa League win, Woodrow looks great any idea how highly rated he is in real life?

Thanks mate! He made 7 appearances for Fulham so far this season but has yet to find the net! He also scored his first goal for Fulham on the final day of last season against Crystal Palace :D

Good in the long run, the loan sucks, but in the Premiership, 96m is pretty controllable. I guess transfer budgets might be tight for 2-3 seasons, but I can't say I've ever noticed as I'm a bit of a moneyspinner manager at the best of times.

Rubbish name though, then again my club are building "Stuart McCall Park", so yeah.

36k stadium? That's pretty crap tbh, especially for almost 100M debt.

I wouldn't be happy, personally. Best just sticking with the Cottage (only 11k less) for another few years until the fanbase is massive because Becks is DOMINATING EUROPE ;)

Thanks DB, currently with Everton sitting 2nd by a point at the start of November 2014 with a all the tough games coming in the next month. Looking at tweaking my tactics, i might try the deep defensive line against bigger teams as you've had a good defence .

Good in the long run, the loan sucks, but in the Premiership, 96m is pretty controllable. I guess transfer budgets might be tight for 2-3 seasons, but I can't say I've ever noticed as I'm a bit of a moneyspinner manager at the best of times.

Rubbish name though, then again my club are building "Stuart McCall Park", so yeah.

36k stadium? That's pretty crap tbh, especially for almost 100M debt.

I wouldn't be happy, personally. Best just sticking with the Cottage (only 11k less) for another few years until the fanbase is massive because Becks is DOMINATING EUROPE ;)

Interesting differing views here. I was looking forward to another summer of strengthening to help us get closer to the title winners but was put off by plans for a new stadium. I would have preferred to stay at Craven Cottage to be honest, it wasn't exactly filled to the brim every single game :(

Thanks DB, currently with Everton sitting 2nd by a point at the start of November 2014 with a all the tough games coming in the next month. Looking at tweaking my tactics, i might try the deep defensive line against bigger teams as you've had a good defence .

Cheers mate! You are doing very well at Everton and hope you keep up the great form :D

Interesting differing views here. I was looking forward to another summer of strengthening to help us get closer to the title winners but was put off by plans for a new stadium. I would have preferred to stay at Craven Cottage to be honest, it wasn't exactly filled to the brim every single game :(

Strange, just checked Craven Cottage's capacity 25k, give or take, same situation with me, 25 being replaced by 35, but with two key differences. We were selling out season tickets, and it's only costing 35m.

Might be a game error, probably should have been expansions rather than all new stadiums.

Still could be worse, on my save Spurs now play their home games at Wembley, with a draw of 40k fans, give or take, 50k empty seats.....

Strange, just checked Craven Cottage's capacity 25k, give or take, same situation with me, 25 being replaced by 35, but with two key differences. We were selling out season tickets, and it's only costing 35m.

Might be a game error, probably should have been expansions rather than all new stadiums.

Still could be worse, on my save Spurs now play their home games at Wembley, with a draw of 40k fans, give or take, 50k empty seats.....

Exactly, the new stadium doesn't make much sense! If it's named after me, I may forgive the game ;) Hopefully they sort it out soon :)

Great season Becks and a cup to go with it isnt bad European double maybe? now your in the Champions league.

Cheers mate! European double would be too much to ask considering the small budget I am given to strengthen the squad this term :(

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2017/2018 - Fulham F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Respectable league position

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Capital One Cup: Quarter Final

Champions League: Reach group stage

We have the exact same expectations this time round apart from the additional excitement of playing in the champions league for the first time this season. Like last season, I am looking to finish as high up the league as possible and leave the cup competitions (yes, even the champions league) to the second string players unless we get really close to winning them like the Europa League last season.

Budgets

Transfer: 5.11 million pounds

Wages: 1.2 million pounds

As mentioned earlier, the board tightened the purse strings as we are in the process of building a new stadium. As a result, there is not going to be a hell lot of transfers this time round with the exception of a few enforced ones.

Transfers

RhirDRC.jpg?1

With so little to spend, I had to look for bargains on the transfer market and all of our arrivals were either listed for loan deals or transfers. I wanted to keep all of Dembele, De Silvestri and Bolzoni but their morale plunged to the point of no return after moaning for first-team football. I had no choice but to let them go and three players were brought in to fill up the empty spots in the squad.

Players In

Nemanja Matic

The giant Serbian was on loan at Craven Cottage last season and did enough to convince us to sign him permanently this time round. He will play in the midfield anchor role and as a result, club captain Tiote will move up to play in the ball winning midfield role.

Nathaniel Clyne

It is always exciting to sign English players and Nathaniel was no exception. The timing of his tackles are immaculate and the explosive right-back will challenge Ward to be the club's first choice right-back this season.

James Wilson

James is a tremendous young talent from Manchester and is a perfect choice for our third choice striker behind Woodrow and Bony. However, he will need improvement in certain aspects of his game to play in the false nine role and I am looking forward to help his development this season.

Preseason Friendlies

G31R56k.jpg?1

After a tour to U.S.A and a couple of routine friendlies, we traveled to face Bayern in the Euro Super Cup final and the lads gave the fans loads to cheer about by putting up a terrific display in a 2-0 win. To be honest, I am still in a state of shock as to how we did this but it certainly provides a bit of spring for the start of season \o/

Great thread mate, just caught up with the last two pages! Great start to life at Fulham? Will you move on from Fulham if you get the opportunity?

Cheers mate! I am not too sure to be honest. I've had interview offers from Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and Bilbao so far but rejected all of them as I thought the board will continue backing me with funds to move the club forward. The building of new stadium has tightened our purse strings and the club is stagnating, we could even be moving backwards at this rate. Should I move on?

'kin hell, Matic, what a signing! Clyne is tops too, tbh.

They are both great but the squad hasn't kicked on this season :( we are struggling in the league so far!

Loving this mate Keep it up:)

Great to have you on board mate. Hope to see you around again! :D

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to December 2017/2018 - Fulham F.C.

League

vsCQcVG.jpg?1

I was disappointed with our domestic form so far. The fact that we only managed our first away win in December sums up our poor season so far. There were far too many draws and we lost to teams I didn't expect us to struggle against, namely Cardiff, Newcastle and Stoke. This could be due to our failure to strengthen the squad as we weren't given much to spend due to the building of our new (unnecessary) stadium. On a brighter note, a seven match unbeaten run in December saw us climb up the table slowly and hopefully, the upward spiral continues.

Table

4CFfxDL.jpg?1

We managed to hang on to fourth on 34 points, 12 points behind leaders Arsenal, 5 and 3 points behind Chelsea and Man United respectively. Spurs will overtake us if they win their game in hand and all in all, it has been a poor season in the league so far. The lads will need to step up in the second half of the season if we want to play in the champions league again next season.

Capital One Cup

ytWXxL5.jpg?1

Early exits in the Capital One Cup have become part of Fulham's traditions under my tenure so far as we suffered yet another premature elimination. Cardiff have been a bit of a bogey team so far and once again, the Welsh outfit outplayed our second string players in a disappointing 0-2 defeat.

Champions League

54fQxgG.jpg?1

r6CN3AL.jpg?1

The boys certainly love playing in Europe! I was very discouraged when we saw the group draw and not many expected us to qualify for the knockout stages. Despite our appalling league form, the lads managed to pick themselves up in Europe and ended up dropping a mere two points throughout the group stage. The fantastic results include satisfying wins at Nou Camp and Türk Telekom Arena. However, things certainly don't get easy at this level as a tough Juventus side awaits us in the first knockout round. As we are still far from having the capability to win the champions league this season, the second string players will continue to play in Europe and priority will still be placed on finishing as high up the league as possible.

A rocky start in the league but a great December, hopefully it continues into the new year. :)

Stellar form in Europe. :thup: Juventus should be tough.

Cheers mate! Europe has been a pleasant surprise and the champions league games took away some negative feelings from the premier league :)

January Transfers 17/18

VZOYVHh.jpg?1

It was a busy January window as many players were moaning for moves away from the club. Andrea Belotti was brought in to replace the unhappy Bony and Alvaro Morata was signed on loan after terminating injury prone striker James Wilson's contract. Michele Rigione and Neil Taylor were brought in for want-away Varela and Regini respectively. Similarly, Bernard wanted a move away from Craven Cottage and Jesus Navas was brought in on loan as a short-term replacement. Niklas Stark was brought in early as a potential successor to Tiote next season.

Andrea Belotti! :cool:

A very good all rounded striker who can do a job as false nine :)

Yum! Nice January moves, shame about Bernard though.

He never really settle into life in London and started moaning about leaving only half a season in :(

Going great DB, good replacements for the outgoing players. Unfortunate that players are easily unsettled especially when you are doing so well, must be wanting more wages.

Cheers mate! It's more of them wanting first-team football and yet not doing enough to win that starting spot!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Season Review 2017/2018 - Fulham F.C.

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (Qualified for Champions League in 4th)

We stumbled across the finishing line and managed to hang on to 4th spot after a horrible end to the season. Players were making silly mistakes at set-pieces/crosses and the attacking players were suddenly struggling to find the net. Having analyzed the results, I realized that we often struggle to change games when the going gets tough and this could be due to a lack of plan B. I will most certainly be looking at implementing that next season. Nevertheless, we finished ahead of expectations again and I had to look at the positives given the lack of funds this season.

Awards

olRFAwC.jpg?1

Galloway has been brilliant for me in the ball-winning role and takes his place in the team of the year \o/

Q8HZeCV.jpg?1

Very well-deserved and 12 goals from central midfield is a terrific achievement for the boy.

Capital One Cup (Knocked out in fourth round)

Jl9HhfP.jpg?1

Yet another disappointing campaign in the Capital One Cup and like last season, Cardiff were the culprits and I wasn't happy with another early exit.

FA Cup (Knocked out in fifth round)

TE2GC60.jpg?1

We managed to go a bit further this season and the exit was inevitable when we got a bad draw away to Chelsea. Lower league oppositions Blackpool and Peterborough were overcome in the third and fourth round respectively but the lads were unable to defy the odds in a 1-2 defeat against the Blues.

Champions League (Eliminated in 1st knockout round)

RtwCuVZ.jpg?1

uDQJNki.jpg?1

I was really proud to see the lads qualify so easily from the group with 16 points, 4 points ahead of the mighty Barca. However, the gulf in quality showed when Juventus beat us with ease in the first knockout round 6-2 on aggregate. We defended horribly at set-pieces in Italy and conceded all three goals in the same manner. Back at Craven Cottage, we matched them until we had a man sent off and eventually succumbed to a 2-3 defeat. In a nutshell, I was still pleased with our first campaign in Europe's elite competition.

Euro. Super Cup (Champions)

A06HeNo.jpg?1

The high of the season came right at the start where we defied all odds to beat the mighty Germans in a convincing 2-0 victory to lift our only piece of silverware this season \o/

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

This season, there were far too many players moaning for moves away from Craven Cottage for a variety of reasons. I never liked buying players in January but was forced to do so when the plunging morale of the want-away players made it impossible for me to play them. Nevertheless, the squad did well on the whole as we surpassed the media prediction of 7th place in the league and secured another season of champions league football despite not having a lot to spend.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Nemanja Matic

The Serbian was performing really well in the midfield anchor role for the first two thirds of the season before an injury kept him out of the team. Nemanja even found time to pop up with an odd goal and deservedly takes his place in my top 3 players of the season.

Nathaniel Clyne

The English right-back slotted into the team seamlessly this season and added great pace and tackling ability to our defense. Hopefully, with a season of regular football under his belt, Nathaniel can improve further as we attempt to get closer to the title contenders next season.

Brendan Galloway

The Englishman is by far my player of the season! It's a remarkable feat to score seventeen goals from his position and the young ball-winner has been superb for us throughout the season. Signing Brendan from Everton is certainly the best piece of business I have done so far and still only 22, sky is the limit for the boy.

A very good all rounded striker who can do a job as false nine :)

He'll be able to do whatever you ask of him - he's fantastic. I play him as a TGM/S, but have also used him as - to varying success - CF/A, AF/A, DLF/S. I can't recommend him enough.

I've just started a Fulham save, and ironically, just come across this thread. Had a good read through, think I'll be bookmarking this.

And yes, take the Spain job!

Cheers mate! Great to have you on board and hope to see you around soon :D And yes I rejected Spain's offer as I decided that the only international job I will go for is the England hot seat :)

Yeesh. A tough season. Let's hope you do better next year!

A very frustrating season and hopefully things will get better. Cheers mate!

Take the Spain job, unless you think it'll interfere with club time.

I think it will be an unwanted distraction from Fulham and I am not really motivated to do well with the Spaniards. Managing England will be the ultimate aim!

He'll be able to do whatever you ask of him - he's fantastic. I play him as a TGM/S, but have also used him as - to varying success - CF/A, AF/A, DLF/S. I can't recommend him enough.

That's really great to hear mate! He just scored the winner away at Tottenham, great lad!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2018/2019 - Fulham F.C.

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Respectable league position

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Capital One Cup: Not important

Champions League: Reach first knockout round

Very similar expectations to last season's apart from the slight raise in expectation for the champions league. Having qualified for Europe's elite competition for the past two seasons, the aim now is to go one step further and challenge the big teams for the title. In addition, I am also hoping to go further in the domestic cup competitions as we have not been even close to winning any of them so far.

Budgets

Transfer: 29.11 million pounds

Wages: 1.2 million pounds

Due to our new stadium, we struggled to improve the squad last season with only 5 million pounds and I was glad to see improvements in our financial situation after two consecutive seasons in the champions league.

Transfers

IXTWp3t.jpg?1

It was five in five out this time round as I attempted to push the squad to the next level. The most emotional transfer this summer was seeing Tiote leave the club after three great years at Craven Cottage. However, I was really excited to have found a terrific successor for him :cool:

Players In

Lazar Markovic

I have had Lazar on my shortlist for a considerable period of time but couldn't find the right opportunity to sign him. Needing a backup for Redmond in the MR position, I couldn't resist bringing in the pacy Serbian on a loan deal and he will certainly charm the crowd with his flair and acceleration this season.

Victor Wanyama

This could be the signing which might propel the club closer to the title contenders. Victor is a terrific midfield hard man who can play in both the anchor and ball-winner positions. He's a very worthy replacement for Tiote and will definitely improve the squad in the big season ahead.

Aymen Abdennour

As much as I love Dan Burn, I have to admit that he will never reach the level required for a title-winning side. Aymen had a great year at Villa Park last season and he will put some much needed pressure on our vice captain and hopefully provide the extra thrust up the table.

Jeroen Zoet

The Dutch shot-stopper is a fantastic all rounded goalkeeper with great communication skills and brilliant work ethic. Jeroen has the potential to be our first-choice keeper and he will come in to challenge Bettinelli for the number one spot.

Alexandre Lacazette

Alexandre have scored for Everton against us on numerous occasions and I have had my eyes on him since he came to the premier league. The Frenchman can play both on the right wing and upfront and he will be a valuable addition to our attack this season.

Preseason Friendlies

ueRAdep.jpg?1

We were back in China this year for our preseason tour as I look to alternate between U.S.A and Asia's biggest country. The lads face a tough start in the premier league with the first few games looking like this: Man City H, Spurs A, Liverpool A, Arsenal H (not forgetting the very important champions league qualifiers). I would need a lot of luck :(

Archived