• Created
  • Last Reply

180px-Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

Preseason 2027/2028 - Valencia CF

Board Expectations

UEFA Champions League: Reach first knockout round

Liga BBVA: Challenge for title

Copa del Rey: Not important

Despite not having much to spend, the expectations have increased quite a bit after last season's over achievement. The aim is to get closer to the top 2 and hopefully get to the champions league group stages this time round after the disappointment against Porto last year. Brugge will be our play-off opponents this time round.

Budgets

Transfer: 4.83 million pounds

Wages: 1.6 million pounds

We do not have enough cash to go out and challenge the bigger clubs for the world class players. Scouting will be more important than ever and a couple of players will be brought in to bolster the thin squad.

Transfers

Mqmx3N3.jpg

A left-back, a backup keeper and a striker were brought in to replace the outgoing Luke Shaw, Pau Lopez and Andrea Belotti. In addition, we needed more depth down the wings and Jonas was brought in to bolster our left midfield. I am still working on bringing in a quality right winger and hopefully we can raise enough funds to make the biggest signing of our summer so far.

Players In

Nacho Gutierrez

Nacho comes in to replace the outgoing Belotti in the squad and he will get lots of game time as I look to play with two strikers for the first time this season.

Michael Cerny

Michael takes Luke Shaw's place in the squad and he is my very first signing who possesses the flat long throw. I am looking forward to see if his unique skill can add a few more goals to the team in the upcoming campaign.

Sven Holtmanns

Needing a new backup keeper, I turned to the free transfer market and Sven was the best I could find there. The German shot stopper will compete with the excellent Alonso for some much needed game time.

Jonas Piotrowski

Hernandez was superb for us down the left wing last season but we had no quality cover for him when he needed a breather. Jonas is a bargain signing at only 900k pounds and the pacy German will provide some much needed depth in the wide areas.

Preseason Friendlies

qNAPaaz.jpg

After four pre-season tour games in U.S.A and a couple of friendlies back home, five big games awaits us in August. The home and away ties against Brugge are absolutely huge games as we look to get to the group stages this time round. Sandwiched between the two legs, the boys will get the chance to test themselves against last year's la liga champions in the Supercopa.

Sinisa Mihajlovic :) And he hates me!

Well then knock them out and make way for your return to English football.

No wonder he hates you since you'll be replacing him sooner or later. Probably sooner ;)

Well then knock them out and make way for your return to English football.

No wonder he hates you since you'll be replacing him sooner or later. Probably sooner ;)

Returning to United is highly possible but would not happen until I win the champions league with Valencia!

August to January 2027/2028 - Valencia CF

League

EweClGZ.jpg

DEqtUcU.jpg

We just about hang on to top spot after beating Real Madrid at the Mestalla Stadium. As we have yet to play away against both Barcelona and Real Madrid, not many are expecting us to finish top at the end of the season. I can't disagree too much as our away form has been shaky throughout the campaign so far.

Champions League

Utu6jU2.jpg

3vsIVja.jpg

We were drawn into a tough group with the likes of AC Milan and Man United after overcoming Brugge in the play-offs. The second stringers did really well to top the group after avoiding defeats in our two big clashes against the Red Devils. Disappointingly, the bad luck with the draws continued as we drew a tough Man City side in the first knockout round. Having decided to place full emphasis on the la liga, the second choice players will need to play out of their skin if we want to eliminate the English giants.

Copa del Rey

TL0KXjT.jpg

The second 11 have done well to get past Getafe, Sevilla and Athletic Bilbao to reach the semi-finals. The boys will have to be at their very best if we want to overcome the mighty Barca to reach the finals.

They look a cracking pair!

Had to dig deep in the market! Didn't want my first choice left winger to leave, even offered him a contract after PSG met his release clause but he chose to dump us :(

Droylsden next then.

Close.. Porto next in the final!!

Season Review 2027/2028 - Valencia CF

League

Remaining Fixtures (February to May) Final Table (2nd)

We finished the season with the same number of wins, draws, defeats and points as last season but managed to move up to second place after Barcelona's season of underachievement. Despite scoring a total 120 goals this campaign, we aren't the league's top scorers (Real Madrid had 128!) and this made them near impossible to catch. With Barcelona sure to improve, we face yet another tough fight for the la liga title next year.

Awards

mb0HUUs.jpg

Only 2 in the team of the year this time round..

sHulFGo.jpg

..but this award made me feel a tad better :)

Copa del Rey (Winners)

rFawUfC.jpg

The second stringers have to be given all the credit after winning the cup all by themselves. The fact that we drew tough teams throughout the competition made the cup win even more impressive as the squad proved to be deep enough this time round.

Champions League (Winners)

Bhlfn6e.jpg

This has to be the most unbelievable and satisfying achievement of my career so far! I never expected us to win this so soon (it was our first season back in big time) but the lads proved me wrong time and time again throughout the competition. After overcoming giants such as Man City, PSG and AC Milan, the boys peaked at the right time by beating Porto convincingly in the final to lift Valencia CF's first ever champions league title. What a feeling!

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

I started the season playing my strongest 11 in every la liga game but decided to shift my focus to the champions league after watching Real Madrid go on a crazy run. The second 11 deserved honorable mentions after overcoming tough Bilbao and Barca outfits to lift our second consecutive copa del rey.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Jerome Lucas

One of my first signings at the club started the season like a house on fire and even managed to top the la liga goal scoring charts early in the season. Even though the goals dried up a little, the Frenchman finished a very fruitful year with 24 goals and 10 assists and that's hugely impressive for a ball winner. My player of the season!

Alan Bostal

Unlike Lucas, Alan started with a mini goal drought but ended the season right on top of his game. The Argentinian scored and created a grand total of 55 goals in 42 starts and broke all kinds of records for assists this year. Can't believe he's only 23!

Emiliano Vidal

Emiliano has been superb since signing for us last summer and made me regret my decision on not putting him straight into the team right from the start. The team kicked into gear after I gave him a run of games down the right wing and the pacy Argentinian bagged 16 goals and 24 assists in a very productive season.

How are my old clubs doing?

Fulham kept up their improvement from last season by squeezing themselves back into Europe after finishing 7th in the premier league. However, that was the only positive of the season as my old team were unsuccessful in all the other cup competitions.

Juventus bagged their second consecutive Serie A title in as many years after finishing an impressive 27 points :eek: clear of second placed AS Roma. The Italian giants gave their fans more to cheer about after adding another Italian Cup to their bulging trophy cabinet.

Bayern Munich underachieved in the bundesliga after finishing 3rd behind Schalke and Dortmund. The fans had little to celebrate as they were knocked out early in both the DFB-Pokal and the champions league.

What's next?

La liga, la liga.. LA LIGA!

Cracking thread mate really enjoying it. Do you intend on managing all of the sides Becks played with if/when they become available. I'm thinking of starting something similar only doing it in the order of the clubs he played for. Start with Preston who he was on loan at then work my up to United, Madrid, Galaxy, Milan, PSG

Cracking thread mate really enjoying it. Do you intend on managing all of the sides Becks played with if/when they become available. I'm thinking of starting something similar only doing it in the order of the clubs he played for. Start with Preston who he was on loan at then work my up to United, Madrid, Galaxy, Milan, PSG

Good to have you here mate! And nice idea you have there! I thought of something similar earlier but decided to just go with the flow of the game :)

Congratulations! Nice work.

Looking at the squads, do you think you have a good chance at the la liga this year? 2nd place and the CL is really good but was it over achieving or do you think the squad is good enough?

Congratulations! Nice work.

Looking at the squads, do you think you have a good chance at the la liga this year? 2nd place and the CL is really good but was it over achieving or do you think the squad is good enough?

We are closer but still a level below the big 2! La liga was just about right as Barcelona had a bad year and Real Madrid an exceptional one. As for the champions league, We always tend to do well at home so the home legs have carried us all the way to the final!

Wonder if you'll notice any differences in the ME. I've been playing a bit and haven't really noticed anything.

I haven't played since the update! Can anyone else shed some light on it? :)

Preseason 2028/2029 - Valencia CF

Board Expectations

UEFA Champions League: Reach quarter final

Liga BBVA: Challenge for title

Copa del Rey: Not important

The board's expectations are irrelevant and the sole aim of the season can't be anymore straightforward - win the la liga!

Budgets

Transfer: 33.07 million pounds

Wages: 1.6 million pounds

Sustaining champions league football for another year and further club progress meant we will have more money to strengthen this season.

Transfers

SvKHf5j.jpg

It was quality rather than quantity this time round as we identified four key areas the squad needed strengthening. We also had our first window with positive net transfer spend this summer.

Players In

Oscar Vila

The Spanish Frank Lampard! I had my eyes on Oscar last summer but was too late in conducting our business as he fled to QPR on loan. The Spaniard had a great season there and as a result, his price rose by ten folds. Despite the massive price tag, I went ahead to sign him as he is perfect for the midfield raider role in my tactic.

Sven Zinnow

I identified left-back as one of the areas we needed to strengthen after last season and like Oscar, he is pricey but again like the case of Oscar, we brought him in as he is a fantastic defender. The German will go straight into the first 11.

Manuel Jesus

My number one played almost all our games last year as I didn't feel our backup was good enough. Manuel is an upgrade on last year's backup keeper and the Spaniard will get more games off Alonso this campaign.

Dickie Williams

Dickie improved so much at Nuevo Mestalla after spending two years on loan at the club. He started in the champions league final last season and helped us to our first ever win and that played a huge part in our decision to sign him permanently. The fact that he was available on a free made our decision easier \o/

Preseason Friendlies

N3vLr62.jpg

Preseason was everything but smooth-sailing as we lost both the UEFA Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup to Man United and Real Madrid respectively. Hopefully these results aren't indications of the season to come :(

Here's hoping you smash the league!

Looks like you picked up some great players, Dickie Williams should win the Ballon d'Or for his name alone.

Only few games in and I am already behind the big two :( I wouldn't have signed Dickie if he weren't English! I didn't mind that name too ;)

Tough start! 0 for 2

Disappointing indeed lets hope it turns out well in the end!

August to November 2028/2029 - Valencia CF

League

0OEQZtZ.jpg

yRQHBc1.jpg

Well, it didn't take long for us to fall behind the big two yet again as we lost against Barcelona away in our first fixture of the league season. We also failed to beat Real Madrid at home after they took the lead via an absolute screamer. Things aren't looking very optimistic so far but the lads will continue fighting and hopefully we can bridge the gap further this time round!

Champions League

waPBENm.jpg

p7VHNZ3.jpg

The second stringers were brilliant again in Europe as we finished the group stages ahead of the likes of Ajax and Monaco. The boys scored a total of 19 goals in 6 games and provided great entertainment for the fans. With full emphasis placed on la liga, the second 11 will continue to get more game time in Europe.

Nice to hear you got your save back!

Still looks like a decent start to the season. Only 4 goals conceded in 14 games and 3 pts behind isn't too bad, hopefully you can get the team going now. Cheers!

Nice to hear you got your save back!

Still looks like a decent start to the season. Only 4 goals conceded in 14 games and 3 pts behind isn't too bad, hopefully you can get the team going now. Cheers!

Nice, long as you can keep pace, they have the chance of slipping under pressure! :)

Cheers lads! If we win our games in hand we will be ahead by one point but we face Barcelona next at home!

January Signings 28/29

VRzQnQQ.jpg

ZFKJ1cP.jpg

3soTetT.jpg

Alberto first signed for us in my first year at Valencia for 12 million pounds before PSG poached him away for 29.5 million last year. He couldn't get a game in France and I was able to resign him for 14 million pounds. Couldn't resist as he is class and Spanish!

December to February 2028/2029 - Valencia CF

League

cRcbhSe.jpg

1nIKF1m.jpg

A great few months! The boys managed to win all of our matches except the home clash against mighty Barcelona and we are now four points behind leaders Real Madrid with two games in hand. The game at Bernabeu looks increasingly likely to be the title decider this time round :(

Copa del Rey

wSxqGqF.jpg

It wasn't as smooth sailing as previous campaigns but we managed to reach our third final in as many seasons. The semi-final wins against Real Madrid gave me some hope for our la liga campaign and Barcelona awaits us in the final once again.

Champions League

dr956ks.jpg

After the long European break, we were back in action in the champions league and the lads managed to overcome a tough Napoli side in the first knock out round after two hard fought wins. Russian center-back Kaleshin was the unlikely hero as he bagged a goal each in both games \o/

Archived