[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

fcb.png

Season Review 2025/2026 - FC Bayern Munich

League

Fixtures (August to May) Final Table (Champions)

C7830XV.jpg

Terrific season! I wasn't expecting this as I wanted to bring through the young German and English players. To my delight, the balance of the squad became better and we even managed to beat the record points total in the end. The sole disappointment is that I have failed to achieve the legendary unbeaten season once again despite being so dominant. Schalke and Dortmund finished 2nd and 3rd respectively to complete a very familiar looking top 3.

Awards

B3ZNPmH.jpg

After another league winning season, we only had four in the team of the year and again, it could be due to the heavy rotation of my squad.

fDgLbqQ.jpg

Great to see my fellow countryman bag this award :)

W0Z91Kt.jpg

The next Michael Owen? :cool:

HJDMb25.jpg

Brandt has won it all in terms of individual awards and the German winger deservedly brought home the player of the year award.

DFB-Pokal (Winners)

afFGWrv.jpg

I have had great experiences in the domestic cup competitions in England and Italy but this has been the most smooth-sailing one as we managed to lift our third DFB-Pokal in as many years. It was comfortable throughout till the final, where it was close until the 72nd minute when Youssef powered the ball past their keeper to put the tie beyond doubt.

Champions League (Winners)

6YvnW8c.jpg

8Ypvk6Y.jpg

We managed to remain unbeaten throughout the competition and this is the first time I have achieved this feat in my entire career thus far. As the younger players were thrown right into the Bundesliga matches, I played the more experienced ones in Europe and they certainly did not disappoint. The lads overcame the likes of Inter, Juventus and Real Madrid to help me lift my fourth champions league trophy at Wembley.

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

Despite bringing in only one player and losing quite a few throughout the season, the squad looked more balanced as the academy graduates have proved to be very able replacements. A superb year!

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Chris Webb

I had high hopes for the English hotshot and made the decision to start him in every Bundesliga game when he is fit. Chris did not disappoint as he ended up winning the Bundesliga's golden boot with an excellent goals to games ratio. He is also generous enough to create a further 12 goals and if I get the England job sometime later in my career, the English sharpshooter will definitely be in my squad.

Craig Miller

The new David Beckham had another impressive season as he ended the campaign with an incredible 12 goals and 19 assists in just 31 starts. Craig already has 16 England caps and the workaholic will certainly be an important part of England's future international squads.

Youssef Jaouhari

What a player. The Italian has spent his entire career playing for me and the 2025/26 season had been his best yet. The skillful winger is a joy to watch and has begun to add end product to his game, finishing the campaign with 20 goals and 21 assists in just 22 starts :eek: Without a shadow of a doubt my player of the year!

How are my old clubs doing?

Another disappointing season in London as Fulham finished an appalling 14th this time round. There were no silverware too as they got beaten by Chelsea in the Europa League Final :(Juventus lost out to Napoli in Serie A as they finished 5 points behind their rivals. They were also knocked out in the champions league by my Bayern side in the semi-finals in a disappointing season for my former clubs.

What's next?

egQtBvf.jpg

As mentioned earlier, I have lost motivation in Germany as I achieved all I wanted to with Bayern and Spain will be the next step forward. Incredibly, both the Barca and Real Sociedad jobs came up at the end of the la liga season and I attended both interviews. Real Sociedad offered me the job and I asked for a week's delay while waiting for Barca's reply. Will it be third time lucky this time round?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has to be a bug, they should be biting your arm off.

Maybe they think they can't afford you? But surely after applying they'd float an offer your way....

Perhaps it could be Real Madrid being in the list of my favourite clubs on the profile?

180px-Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

Preseason 2026/2027 - Valencia CF

Board Expectations

UEFA Champions League: Reach Group Stage

Liga BBVA: Qualify for Europa League

Copa del Rey: Not important

Finally, I managed to impress a Spanish club and the Valencia chairman decided to place his faith in me after a long wait. Having finished 4th last season, I was expecting a squad of reasonable quality but the truth was far from it. Upon assessment of the players, we need at least 6 additions to the squad and if there are still funds left, a further 7 is needed if we want 2 champions league quality players in every position. The board were reasonable with their expectations but we got a horrible draw in the champions league play-offs...

Mv5SBkU.jpg

:(

Budgets

Transfer: 1.5 million pounds

Wages: 1.2 million pounds

A huge drop from the massive budgets at Bayern, Juventus and even Fulham. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to clear all the deadwood and raise some cash to bring in my own players.

Transfers

n8rIyi1.jpg

Apart from Haytham Hassan and Albert Serra, the remaining 11 players were brought in by me in a crazy summer. A total of 65.35 million pounds were raised from players' sales to enable me to strengthen the squad considerably.

Players In

Luke Shaw

Good old Luke! Despite being on the wrong side of his thirties, he still looks decent and the experienced Englishman comes in on loan to provide some much needed experience at left-back.

Alex

There weren't many affordable right backs available on the market and Alex was the best we could find. The Spaniard will start the season as first choice and his pace will be crucial when covering for our slow defense.

Alan Bostal

My scouts at Bayern recommended Alan to me and he has been on my shortlist since then. The Argentinian certainly knows where the goal is and is a bargain at a mere 4 million pounds. If Bostal can stay fit, I am sure he will get us lots of goals.

Alex Torres

This Torres can definitely finish better than Chelsea's Torres and the tricky Spaniard will get lots of game time both on the right wing and up top.

Martin Garcia

Martin prefers to play at center-back but I brought him in to play in the important midfield anchor role. If the Spanish defender can improve on his passing, he will be a fantastic addition to the squad.

Alberto Hernandez

Alberto will go straight into the starting 11 down the left wing and the man with the great beard and even better pace will have a huge say in how our season is going to turn out eventually.

Jerome Lucas

Lucas is the perfect all rounded central midfielder and I will be looking to play him as my primary ball winner. The Frenchman's attacking instincts will come in handy and I foresee him bagging a few goals this season.

Matus Ferenc

Matus is a terrific defender for a 18 year old and he will go straight into my central defense. If he can stay clear of injuries, the no nonsense defender will most certainly be a permanent feature of my Valencia tenure.

Dickie Williams

I always love an English player and despite not having the most impressive of names, Dickie will get some game time in the midfield anchor role after agreeing to come in on loan for a year.

Jan Verbir

I had my eye on Jan when he was a 16 year old but decided not to bring him to Bayern as I wasn't planning to stay long term. We need a back-up at right back and the tough tackler will get some valuable game time on loan in Spain.

Leonardo

Leonardo is another one on my shortlist while I was managing in Germany and the skillful Brazilian comes in on loan to provide cover down the right wing.

Preseason Friendlies

NSaRMv3.jpg

After a nice little trip to China and a couple of friendlies, we aren't quite ready for the start. I am still working to bring in a couple more players and the lads will need to gel right from the start if we want to qualify for the group stages of the champions league. We can only pray now!

Geez, what a rough start to the season, Porto twice and Barca.
Squad cohesion must be terrible with that overhaul you did.

K14nz16.jpg

You guys are absolutely right, both squad cohesion and tactical familiarity are really low, which explained the very bad start :( I could have switched systems to accommodate the slow and ageing players but I chose to bring in the younger ones to suit my system. Hopefully things will improve with more games played!

Hows Galloway doing these days?

tc0FuOc.jpg

He's not doing too bad! Moved from Juventus to Cardiff two years ago and settling nicely back in the premier league :)

Interesting move and one that will probably take some time but I think that you will manage to get the club running smoothly and hopefully can win a few trophies before your next step.

Cheers mate! Valencia is a new challenge I never had before and it will be good fun. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long before we start having some success!

August to December 2026/2027 - Valencia CF

League

5EqfpZD.jpg

QoEWsM1.jpg

After the bad start away at Barcelona, we managed to go on a long unbeaten run till the end of December and that kept us within touching distance of Real Madrid and Barca. Even though we are only two points behind, I do not believe that we have the ability to wrestle the title away from the big two this season as our defense have not looked convincing so far. Almost De Gea-like, our keeper has been superb and his brilliant saves won us numerous points. Without him, we would've been much further behind and it was also worth noting that the boys have yet to achieve full tactical familiarity.

Europa League

ZkYc8bO.jpg

stU5de1.jpg

After the champions league play-offs disappointment, we dropped back down to the Europa League and it was a blessing in disguise. We would've struggled against the bigger European sides as I always play my second team in Europe. Now, I am able to grant some valuable game time to the younger players in the group stages and the lads showed that they belong to this level by finishing top of the group to set up a first knockout round tie against Marseille.

Copa del Rey

dgVOFsa.jpg

We drew Real Sociedad in the Fourth Round and it turned out to be more comfortable than I thought as we finished 9-3 winners on aggregate. A tough Espanyol side awaits us in the fifth round.

Any other league and you'd probably be clearly top with that record.

That's the la liga for you!

Well that hasn't taken long to make the rest of the league irrelevant three horse race by the looks of it for the top three spots.

I doubt we can sustain the title challenge though :(

Excellent recovery!

Cheers as usual mate! :D

Really nice to see you adapting to the spanish league so quickly. Good job! It'll be interesting to see if/when you can break the Barca/Real spell in La Liga. Pretty sure it wont take that long though, nice signings as well. Lot of brittish in the squad now?

Some decent signings there
Really nice to see you adapting to the spanish league so quickly. Good job! It'll be interesting to see if/when you can break the Barca/Real spell in La Liga. Pretty sure it wont take that long though, nice signings as well. Lot of brittish in the squad now?

Cheers lads! We are currently still in the chase for the la liga title, level on points with leaders Barcelona but they have the better head to head record!

We only have 4 English players in the squad now but I am sure we will add more next season! :cool:

Season Review 2026/2027 - Valencia CF

League

Remaining Fixtures (January to May) Final Table (3rd)

Ultimately, the lack of depth in our squad cost us as we suffered a bad run of form towards the end of the season when our first choice ball-winner, midfield raider and false nine all got injured at the same time. Nevertheless, I had to be pleased as we were only expected to finished 6th and I had absolutely nothing to spend in the summer. We will again have nothing much to spend next season and it will be a tall task trying to keep up with the top two.

Awards

y50783L.jpg

We have 3 in the team of the year and one on the bench after the squad over-achieved by finishing 3rd.

jUxMuCp.jpg

Great to see a new signing win this in his first year :cool:

Copa del Rey (Winners)

UPTM0nl.jpg

Great achievement by the squad. Real Madrid suffered an early cup exit and only Barcelona stood in our way. We managed to avoid the giants till the final, where our boys were fired up and produced the performance of the season by beating the mighty la liga champions 3-1 to lift our solitary silverware of the season \o/

Europa League (Knocked out in semi-finals)

hr62inH.jpg

Things were going well until two of our lads got sent off in the semi-final first leg tie in Wales. We struggled to compete with 9 men and went down 0-3 to Cardiff eventually. With the Copa del Rey final only two days away from the second leg, I decided to forego the competition and our youngsters were knocked out 0-5 on aggregate eventually.

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

The boys performed well considering the fact that I brought in a grand total of 17 players to revamp the ageing and unbalanced squad. It is going to be another summer of struggle as I am only given a transfer budget of 4 million pounds to bring the squad to the next level.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Alex Torres

Alex came in as a new signing in the summer and went straight into the 1st 11 down our right wing. The Spaniard did not take long to settle and ended a productive year with 16 goals and 12 assists in 42 starts. A bargain signing for only 4 million pounds!

Alberto Hernandez

Similar to Alex, my first choice left winger had a great first year and bagged 14 goals and 16 assists in 37 starts. His good form led to his first international call-up and the pacy winger has made 5 appearances for Spain since.

Alan Bostal

My player of the year! Alan came in knowing that I expected him to get a lot of goals for us and he did not disappoint. Even though he took some time to settle into life at Valencia, the Argentinian managed to bag 29 goals in 28 starts and the goal ratio is amazing for someone who's playing in Europe for the first time. His injury played a huge part in our blip towards the end of the season.

How are my old clubs doing?

Fulham improved from last year's 14th place finish by finishing in 8th this time round. However, there were no silverware again in a barren year for the first club I managed.

Juventus wrestled back the Serie A title this season after finishing 2 points ahead of second placed AC Milan. That was their only piece of silverware as my former team were beaten by Schalke in the champions league final.

Bayern Munich were rampant in the Bundesliga and eased to the title after finishing 12 points clear of Dortmund. Like Juventus, they failed in both their domestic cup competition and the champions league.

What's next?

Fight on and attempt to get closer to the top 2 by improving the squad with only 4 million pounds. The la liga title and the champions league seem ever so far away now..

Hard luck with those injuries! :(

It happens in football and it's up to me to improve the depth of the squad now! :D

Good to see your former teams improving even by a little bit and could be an interesting season coming up seeing how little budget you have, guessing it'll be used more on improving the depth of the team?

Definitely! Need to replace the ageing Shaw at left-back as I won't be signing him on loan again and the declining Belotti just to name a few!

Where does this screen come from? I've never seen it before.

Yes, like what B2B said it's a note I created on the game :)

Good luck challenging the big 2 next year.

Thanks mate! Struggling to strengthen with that budget though :(

Who are the top 3 nations in Europe coefficient wise? I noticed Spain only get 3 CL places now.

Any idea where to find the Europe coefficients? And yes we have the champions league play-offs to deal with at the start of the season as well!

Archived