[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's next?

Zkxbbzm.jpg

Having completed the cycle, the penultimate aim is to win the World Cup with England. Vincenzo Montella :eek: is the current England manager and he looks odds on to lead England into the 2030 World Cup. I would love to return home but Sinisa Mihajlovic is the current Man United manager and his contract runs out end of next season. What would you do?

Cracking stuff, well done! Hard choices ahead.
Well done Becks.

Cheers lads!

I have gone on vacation for an entire season to see if Man United are looking to replace their manager and guess what, their current manager signs a four year extension :(

A couple of English jobs became available during the summer and one in particular interests me.

rZaLzOg.jpg

Take it! Congrats on the title!
Yup, I'd go with Arsenal! Becks seems to have a good relationship with them too.
If you need a justification for it....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21244554

I didn't have much choice to be honest :D

7UbmfTF.jpg

..and they can't stop mentioning that cup exit to Bolton! :mad:

A New Approach

Having achieved my aim of winning the domestic leagues & champions leagues with clubs from England, Italy, Germany and Spain, I find myself back home in London waiting for the England job to come around. I have decided to adopt a whole new approach to my save and focus on player development to help nurture players for the England national side. Hence, there will be three new rules/aims to the save:

1) Sign only English players - this will not only give English players the stage to shine but also boost our chances of pushing through academy graduates to the first-team.

2) Focus on youth development - updates in this thread will now be geared towards the growth of players instead of the usual periodic updates of results.

3) Avoid the sack at Arsenal - Instead of going all out to win competitions, the focus will be placed on giving English youngsters game time and this may put some pressure on myself when results don't go our way. Arsenal fans may not like this but the club will now be more like a 'feeder club' to the England national team and hopefully we can push through a new generation of English players capable of succeeding on the international scene.

Youth Prospects

Paul McKenzie

hslEFDH.jpg

A tough tackler with decent attributes to be a proper midfield anchor. Paul reminds me a little of a young Nicky Butt and if he can work harder on his marking, he can grow to be a decent defensive midfield player.

Patrick John

dtNkvHw.jpg

Patrick has top movement, pace and finishing ability for his age and he is similar to a young Ian Wright. With some improvement on his dribbling, he has the potential to reach the very top.

Sheldon Welch

45twlmb.jpg

A fantastic young central defender with impressive attributes for someone who's only 18. The only downside is his lack of aggression, anyone knows how can we increase the aggression attribute of players?

Make them sit through a 1D concert?
With that X Factor winner as a support act.

I may send them to Justin Bieber's concert instead ;)

The poor lad.
With Welch having already high composure, and positioning, does he need aggression?

Could be the Rio in a Rio/Vidic partnership, rather than the Vidic..... :cool:

I thought so too but I had a central defender at Valencia with good stats all round except for aggression and he often misjudges headers when he was the last man! Incredibly frustrating! Lets hope Welch is the odd one out :cool:

Is that the same Jeremy Peace that was at West Brom?

Not too sure but is there any way I can check? The current president at West Brom is no longer him though!

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Board Expectations 2030/31 - Arsenal F.C.

English Premier League: Qualify for Europa League

FA Cup: Reach Sixth Round

Capital One Cup: Not important

RYTFGrZ.jpg?1

Arsenal has been underachieving in the past few seasons and the last league title win was in 2018. Having finished 9th last year, it was no surprise that the board did not expect champions league qualification straight away. I will not necessarily play my strongest 11 in every game as I look to give the youth prospects lots of game time.

Opening game vs Southampton - Peter Hurst

xIWowCJ.jpg

A good start as we dominated our first fixture of the season. An academy graduate turned out to be the hero as he grabbed a double in the 'Frank Lampard' role.

Peter Hurst

b98NgRT.jpg

6zw3d21.jpg

Peter has been at the club since he was 15 and the hardworking midfielder was shipped out on loan for the third time last season. He didn't have the most productive season at Crystal Palace last campaign but managed to make 31 appearances in the premier league. With decent composure, work rate and set-piece delivery, Hurst was registered in the squad as my second choice CM-A. The lifelong Arsenal fan did not disappoint as he grabbed the well-deserved man of the match award in the opening fixture of the season.

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Summer Transfers 2030/31 - Arsenal F.C.

zfbIsiM.jpg

After identifying the areas which needed strengthening, a total of 12 English players were brought in to bring better balance.

First choice goalkeeper: Joe Cullip

Second choice goalkeeper: Neil Hutchings

Right-back: Scott Meacham

Right-back: Adrian Sutton

Left-back: Paul Jones

Anchor: Matthew Green

Ball-winner: Matty Dowson

Right-winger: Jack Branch

Left-winger: Jason Rose

Youth Prospect Signings

Jerome Chapman

QVU9ml6.jpg

There is a distinct lack of English ball-winners in the game and Jerome was one of the very few we could find. The coaches would need to work on his tackling but the 20 year old has good all rounded stats to go far in the game. He will get plenty of game time this season.

Jimmy White

6yPSojP.jpg

The central defenders in our squad lack aggression and Jimmy is the perfect addition to our team of defenders. Despite lacking speed, his power and determination more than make up for it and the 20-year-old has a good chance of making the England squad in a few years' time if he can avoid injuries.

Thomas Hart

hOrNFN8.jpg

Thomas is one of the paciest and trickiest winger for his age and I couldn't resist bringing him in. The English left-sided player reminds me of a young Cristiano Ronaldo and if Hart can work on his end product, he can reach the very top! \o/

Comparing Hart to Ronaldo seems a bit much doesn't it? He does look like he'll be very good indeed but not that good!

He has a point though, not like Ronaldo, like "young Ronaldo" in style, a young winger with great pace and trickery(and relativity poor decision making). Far too team orientated though, with that teamwork!.

Smashing stuff!

Thanks as usual mate! :D

Comparing Hart to Ronaldo seems a bit much doesn't it? He does look like he'll be very good indeed but not that good!
He has a point though, not like Ronaldo, like "young Ronaldo" in style, a young winger with great pace and trickery(and relativity poor decision making). Far too team orientated though, with that teamwork!.

Yes, definitely not Ronaldo at his prime but similar to him when he first arrived in England! Raw pace and ability with very little end product! ;)

V2sayNM.jpg

:D

Loving this thread, finally caught up. Loving your insistence on sticking to the same formation. Too many people change depending on teams and countries they play in and players they use.

Great to have you here mate! I have always liked a central midfield 3 (Anchor, ball-winner and CM-A) so that we don't get outnumbered there no matter what! To be fair, I have played the Man United treble 4-4-2 with Bayern to add some variation :D

January Transfers 2030/31

Conor Stott

fokAOVL.jpg

Just that one signing this time round. If you remember, Conor has been with me (on loan at Valencia) since he was 18 and he has since developed into a fine center-back. Still only 22, Stott is one of the strongest center-back in world football and he will surely be part of England's central defense for the next ten years \o/

January Transfers 2030/31

Conor Stott

fokAOVL.jpg

Just that one signing this time round. If you remember, Conor has been with me (on loan at Valencia) since he was 18 and he has since developed into a fine center-back. Still only 22, Stott is one of the strongest center-back in world football and he will surely be part of England's central defense for the next ten years \o/

Monster!

Excellent stuff so far. And some interesting personal objectives you have for your time at Arsenal.

Cheers mate! The change in objectives freshens the save up and keeps me going! :D

Monster!

Never thought Man United would let him go when he was on loan with me at Valencia!

arsenal-fc-logo.png

Youth Intake 2030/31 - Arsenal F.C.

Richard Ouwusu

X1ymS85.jpg

Having switched to a youth development save, this was the day I looked forward to the most but to my disappointment, we received an appalling intake. The only half decent player we got was Richard and even if he was the best out of the bunch, much improvement is needed if he wants to play for England. The crucial mental attributes (Anticipation, Composure, Concentration, Decisions & Determination) are all at sixes and sevens (literally) and there are huge doubts if he can develop enough to be an international center-back :(

y1OtgS9.jpg

4wHjBff.jpg

Things got worse as my best youth prospect and best senior player suffered long-term injuries :(

Archived