[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

So far so good :thup:

Cheers mate and long may it continue! :D

Unlucky to lose the final but overall a good season just unlucky about Fulham dropping as quickly as they have, any chance of seeing Becks in Taiwan in game and not just for a holiday in future? Could be interesting.

I am still about but between work and holiday planning I don't have time for Fm :( Let alone the forums but am trying to keep up with this.

I know this is no excuse for losing the Europa League final but having to play our three most important games of the season all in the last 7 days did not help at all :(

Fulham's decline was shocking, all my work undone in two seasons :( It will be interesting to see how they respond in the new season though.

Regarding Taiwan, you never know what might happen if I managed to win the World Cup with England before FM16. However, I am more inclined to trying out management in the MLS before Asia :cool:

Glad to have you in here as always mate! :D

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be a great race with Schalke again.

Schalke has fallen behind after three games without a win and Dortmund has leapfrogged them into second place!

The Mls is something I would like to see being a Philadelphia fan and by how you are going I don't think the World cup will be muc of an ask with England especially if some decent players come through!

I don't think World Cup will be that easy after failing in the past few versions but I certainly hope I can do it before the release of FM16!

As for MLS, I have not managed there on any versions of FM before and it will be a refreshing experience! :D

fcb.png

December to January 2024/2025 - FC Bayern Munich

League

yX0e5lw.jpg

7xlNmeV.jpg

We had the most perfect two months and bagged 18 points out of 18 to go 8 points clear at the top. I was delighted with the gap at this stage as it gives me some room to rotate my squad in the league when the going gets tough in Europe. The boys were terrific defensively throughout the season and conceded only 9 in 19 games so far. The key result has to be..

wJvLe69.jpg

..the terrific win against our rivals Dortmund. Before this game, they were ahead of Schalke in second place and I was determined to pull away from our main title rivals. The lads did not disappoint as we ran out 7-1 victors on a memorable day \o/

Champions League

cuW6cm7.jpg

rdt366M.jpg

We won the last meaningless group game against Catania to finish with 16 points and I was happy to avoid the big guns in the first knockout round. Ajax will be our opponents and I am looking forward to facing the club I admire so much for their emphasis in youth development.

DFB-Pokal

opsc1PO.jpg

We avoided a potential banana skin tie in style by beating lowly VfL Bochum 7-0 to set up a quarter final clash against second division side MSV Duisburg. English striker Chris Webb signed on loan in the summer to be the fourth striker in our squad and he bagged himself an impressive four goals in a convincing victory.

Dominating by the looks of things won't be much longer until the Champions League is wrapped up if you get a decent draw.

With the Mls it will either be really easy or a nightmare mainly depends on the team you pick and the luck with the drafts.

Looks like it isn't taking you long to bring Bayern back to their, uh, usual state.

I had to sign four new central defenders in three transfer windows to bring them back to where they belong ;)

Dominating by the looks of things won't be much longer until the Champions League is wrapped up if you get a decent draw.

With the Mls it will either be really easy or a nightmare mainly depends on the team you pick and the luck with the drafts.

We are really cruising in the league so winning the champions league is certainly the next step!

I am really looking forward to the MLS drafts as it is something different from the big European leagues :cool:

Bayern just too easy :cool:

Unlucky back in the Europa League Final last season but, ultimately, it doesn't matter. The CL is always the ultimate goal. I guess additional silverware is always nice but most manager never specifically chase the Europa League so w/e, I say :D

Bayern just too easy :cool:

Unlucky back in the Europa League Final last season but, ultimately, it doesn't matter. The CL is always the ultimate goal. I guess additional silverware is always nice but most manager never specifically chase the Europa League so w/e, I say :D

League was real tight in the first season but we are pulling away in this!

Champions League is definitely the holy grail, if we win it I will be off to Spain :D

Bundesliga title for Bayern, boo.

Ok well done Becks, wasn't much of a challenge then for you to get them back on top, how about CL?

It was tough fighting it out with Schalke in the first season and I was glad to see us seal the title with four games left to play this time round!

ZrJphd6.jpg

I wanted PSG!

fcb.png

Season Review 2024/2025 - FC Bayern Munich

League

Remaining Fixtures (February to May) Final Table (Champions)

Last season was a struggle as we only managed to seal the title in the last fixture of the long, hard campaign. This time round, to my pleasant surprise, the boys led for most of the season and won it with four games left to play. It was a terrific achievement and apart from scoring 109 goals, we conceded only 1 in 2 and that's the most pleasing thing as I am defensive minded ;) It was also nice seeing Borussia Dortmund back among the champions league places.

Awards

loo5A2l.jpg

Despite such a dominant season, we only had four in the team of the year this time round and it could be due to my heavy rotation of the squad.

WaehVm5.jpg

Proud to see an academy graduate bag this prestigious award :)

0xEoDui.jpg

8ik1ZjQ.jpg

The goal machine won the two awards deservedly :D

DFB-Pokal (Winners)

UTJT8tC.jpg

I had another season of fortunate draws in this competition and the boys lived up to their expectations by lifting the DFB-Pokal yet again. The final was a dull affair as we fought out a 0-0 draw after 90 minutes. The lads seemed fitter than our opposition and found that extra ounce of energy to find that decisive goal in extra time through ball winner Niklas Stark. He popped up unmarked in the box to volley home a free-kick to the dismay of the Schalke contingent.

Champions League (Winners)

L1pdOf4.jpg

I certainly did not expect this in our first season back in big time but the players were magnificent in our victorious campaign. We had a smooth sailing ride until the semis where we faced my beloved Man United. Our 5-2 first leg win made up for the 0-1 defeat at Old Trafford and we were on our way to the finals. Another English club, Chelsea, was up next and we raced to a 2-0 lead in the first half before Lukaku bullied our makeshift central defense (my first choice center-backs were on international duty! :mad:) twice to make it 2-2. Brandt came on for the injured Savitskiy deep into the second half and it was a blessing in disguise as he hammered the ball first time into the top corner from 20 yards in extra time to send our fans crazy \o/

Squad Analysis

Squad Stats

Many young players were blooded in a very productive season. Having won the champions league this campaign, youth development (together with the Club World Championship :p) will be the main focus next year.

First 11

The first 11 with the most number of appearances for those who requested :)

Top 3 Players

Mykhaylo Antonov

He may not be as good as Vietto stats wise but Mykhaylo scores as often as my number one striker at Juventus. The Ukrainian is not all about goals because apart from the 38 goals scored, he created another 12 and we would be nowhere near our successes without him. What a player.

Julian Brandt

To be frank, his winning goal in the champions league final was enough to squeeze him into my top 3 players of the season. Of course the German winger did much more than that as he ended a great first year at Bayern with 12 goals and 18 assists despite not being first choice. With veteran winger Pavel ageing, Julian will be my first choice left winger next season.

Pavel Savitskiy

The veteran winger is on the decline but his contribution to the team went the other way this season. Playing down our left wing, the technician from Belarus bagged 12 goals and 24 assists in 35 starts and is my most consistent player throughout the season. As he will be entering his thirties next year, I will most probably offload him in the summer but what a way to end his stay in Germany. My player of the year :cool:

How are my old clubs doing?

Having narrowly avoided relegation last season, Fulham improved to finish tenth this time round. I was also happy to see my first club win the FA Cup after a couple of trophy-less seasons. Juventus continued to be successful and they managed to wrestle back the Italian Serie A title back from Inter this season. They also added the Club World Cup to their trophy cabinet in a positive year.

What's next?

n4oXXt8.jpg

Barca came in with an interview right before the champions league final and I attended it as it would be a natural career move for me if I managed to win the final. Despite being the bookmakers' favourite and me agreeing to most of their requests during the interview, Barca decided to appoint someone else :eek:(Perhaps they wanted to take revenge for my snub two seasons ago :() As a result, with no Spanish jobs available on the market, I will continue at Bayern for another season and it may be a good opportunity for me to get my hands on the Club World Championship trophy :)

fcb.png

Preseason 2025/2026 - FC Bayern Munich

Board Expectations

Champions League: Reach Final

Bundesliga: Win Bundesliga

DFB-Pokal: Win DFB-Pokal

In short, the board want us to do the treble again but I am not too bothered about the expectations. There are quite a number of quality young players in the squad and I want to bring them through. The only piece of silverware I will be going all out to win is the Club World Championship.

Budgets

Transfer: 50.17 million pounds

Wages: 3.4 million pounds

Again, the budgets are not too important as players will be promoted from within to strengthen the squad. I tried bringing in young English talents but there aren't any on the market :( Shocking demise by the English youth academies!

Players In

Matthew Green

Just that one player in this time round as Green is the only decent English player I can find on the market. He replaces the outgoing Tin Jedvaj in the midfield anchor role and he will challenge Cordova for a place in the first 11.

The next great English goalscorer (hopefully!) Chris Webb and my boy Youssef Jaouhari extended their loan deals by a further season.

Preseason Friendlies

3XvLjD4.jpg

One of the shortest preseason I ever had throughout my career and I am not too sure why. I always wait for all my players to reach at least 89% condition before our first friendly but this time round, they took extra long to achieve that. As a result, we had no time to play a lot friendlies and hopefully this does not lead to a poor start :(

Super Cup 25/26

dYn8GP3.jpg

Pleased to recapture the Super Cup after losing out last season \o/

Good to see your old clubs making a comeback hopefully they both push on now also a solid season for yourself unlucky with the Barcelona job..

Juventus stayed at the top since I left but Fulham's decline has been shocking! Thankfully they managed to stay in the premier league and who knows, I may go back someday ;)

Did you play your 18 year olds or something? Great career by the way, read through the whole thing in one go.

I did not play the youngsters in the World Club Championship as I wanted to win it badly! Have not won it with any clubs yet!

Great to have you here mate and hope to see you around soon :)

How much of a step down in level are you willing to take?

Or will you sit on Bayern until a Spanish giant become available?

I will quit Bayern at the end of the season no matter what as I am losing motivation! Will go for a Spanish club challenging for the champions league places :)

Hmmm, how are Atletico looking?

Athletic Club would be another option that would tempt me, but obviously a tricky club for the in, win, out system you're working.

Atletico are 5th and Athletic 3rd! Both jobs are secure and the managers don't look like they're leaving any time soon!

Archived